Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

A woman almost got trampled when she tried to pet a moose in Colorado

A video of a confrontation between a woman and a moose in Colorado shows why you shouldn't try to pet wildlife, no matter how friendly they look.

In the video, shot by professional photographer Anna Stonehouse, a woman walks up to a moose by the side of the road in Breckenridge. She reaches out to touch it while all around her, people shout warnings to run away.

The moose turns around and tries to kick her.

"I thought I was going to witness her getting stomped to death!" Stonehouse wrote on Facebook.

When the unidentified woman finally left the moose alone, it wandered over to a bush to nibble some leaves in peace.

The woman received a ticket for harassing wildlife, according to the Colorado Parks and Wildlife Twitter account.

"Oh, do we sound like a broken record? Sorry but we're not sorry. LEAVE WILDLIFE WILD. DO NOT FEED OR PET," the organization wrote.

That guidance is especially important when it comes to moose.

"Each year, more people are attacked by moose than by any other species of wildlife," District Wildlife Manager Elissa Slezak said in a video on the Colorado Parks and Wildlife website.

The agency explained that curious moose often visit mountain towns and suburbs in Colorado. While other animals typically run away when humans approach, moose will stand their ground and charge if they feel threatened.

Especially if humans get in the way of a crunchy snack.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40August 4, 2020 8:27 AM

Bitch wanted to infect me with the coronavirus.

by Anonymousreply 1April 7, 2020 3:48 PM

Some people are just too stupid to live. Domestic horses can be very easily spooked and kick. What did she think a wild animal with antlers like that would do?

by Anonymousreply 2April 7, 2020 4:00 PM

SO important for the OP to post this.

Especially with nothing else going on.

We all owe her.

by Anonymousreply 3April 7, 2020 4:02 PM

Team Bullwinkle.

by Anonymousreply 4April 7, 2020 4:04 PM

"Back off, frau. You're not wanted here."

by Anonymousreply 5April 7, 2020 4:04 PM

Was she menstruating?

by Anonymousreply 6April 7, 2020 4:04 PM

This is why they hate us.

by Anonymousreply 7April 7, 2020 4:06 PM

No one fucking pets me!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8April 7, 2020 4:36 PM

You’re supposed to pay in advance. Bitcoin accepted per pet.

by Anonymousreply 9April 7, 2020 4:46 PM

When you look at a moose, a normal, rational person would think : “that motherfucka looks like it can stomp and gouge a bitch to death!” A normal, rational person would then move away from the moose.

What is wrong with some people?

by Anonymousreply 10April 7, 2020 4:51 PM

[quote] A normal, rational person would then move away from the moose.

I’ve seen all kinds of stupidity from tourists in the National Parks. They routinely ignore signs and interact with wildlife, feeding them Cheetos, etc. So I’m surprised this nitwit is a local and not a tourist; maybe she was on ‘shrooms.

by Anonymousreply 11April 7, 2020 5:35 PM

I should have kicked that bitch in the cunt!

by Anonymousreply 12April 7, 2020 5:37 PM

“When the unidentified woman finally left the moose alone, it wandered over to a bush to nibble some leaves in peace.”

She should have displayed HER bush before approaching the moose.

by Anonymousreply 13April 7, 2020 6:10 PM

I am so sorry to hear (read) about that poor woman. I'm even sorrier I'm not reading her obituary.

by Anonymousreply 14April 7, 2020 6:16 PM

I'm not sure who is worse, the moose petter or the harpy yelling at her with the super grating voice.

by Anonymousreply 15April 7, 2020 8:01 PM

Is she blaming Moosifer for this incident?

by Anonymousreply 16April 7, 2020 8:04 PM

I think she blames Walt Disney.

by Anonymousreply 17April 7, 2020 8:09 PM

Mooses (Meece?) are notoriously cranky animals. And very, very big. You'd think someone from that area would have known very well to give them a wide berth.

by Anonymousreply 18April 7, 2020 8:20 PM

Moose look dumb, docile, and slow. they are none of those things.

by Anonymousreply 19April 7, 2020 8:22 PM

"Hey, Rocky! Watch me trample a dumbfrau under my hoof!"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20April 7, 2020 8:44 PM

R18, I'd almost guarantee you she's a transplant. It's the second of my two main reasons I left Colorado 30 years ago. Too many transplants inspired by John Denver songs and twice-yearly ski trips, who decided they NEEDED to live in a close-to-nature environment, which meant taking wild spaces and converting them to housing developments...then having the idiots who moved there whine about going running and being pounced on by mountain lions, elk, moose, and prairie and timber rattlesnakes.

Like, really Bitch? You gonna cunt about pumas attacking you, when you're in THEIR territory? Where, exactly should they BE, if not in wild spaces? YOU'RE the interloper, not they.

Stand Your Ground laws should apply to displaced wildlife, imo.

by Anonymousreply 21April 7, 2020 9:26 PM

I love the guy yelling at the fat blonde frau: "Get the fuck away, you stupid bitch!"

And if the moose had trampled her it would've been put down, 'cause Karen's gonna Karen.

(That Karen "slur" is so damn perfect!)

by Anonymousreply 22April 7, 2020 9:41 PM

I'm a native to CO R21 and I'm sure you are right. It is just one of those things instilled in you at a young age.

I've seen bears, the occasional moose, bobcats, and a mountain lion. Not only do you not approach, if the animal just wanders in your direction, YOU move, do not expect it to "respect" your boundaries. They usually are not too interested in humans, and just need to be left alone.

by Anonymousreply 23April 7, 2020 9:57 PM

What R15 said.

by Anonymousreply 24April 7, 2020 10:36 PM

Is this moose DL’s own Christmas Moose?

by Anonymousreply 25April 7, 2020 10:38 PM

No, R25, he was shopping at Boston’s downtown Macy’s at the time. Definitely sounds more like Moosifer.

by Anonymousreply 26April 7, 2020 10:46 PM

What a fucking idiot

by Anonymousreply 27April 7, 2020 10:50 PM

FOCM, is Christmas Moose at Macy’s like a proverbial bull in a china shop?

by Anonymousreply 28April 7, 2020 10:56 PM

It's Disney's fault. That stupid littke bitch probably thought that after slapping the moose it would turn around and say in Tiffany Haddish's voice " Oh No You Didn't!"

by Anonymousreply 29April 7, 2020 11:10 PM

What a non-story.

“Woman Not Kicked by Moose! “. Film at 11.

by Anonymousreply 30April 7, 2020 11:25 PM

I bet the woman had a friend who was recording the whole thing for her social media account (given the looks of her it's probably for Facebook).

by Anonymousreply 31April 7, 2020 11:50 PM

I think it is perhaps a helpful reminder R30. Disney movies are not real life - leave the wildlife alone.

by Anonymousreply 32April 7, 2020 11:54 PM

As I always say, "Keep your hands to yourself, and back your ass up six feet."

That moose was a gentleperson; a certain 13 pound dog I know would have ripped her arm off and trotted it home for a chew toy!

by Anonymousreply 33April 8, 2020 12:09 AM

I see moose fairly often while hiking and I give them a wide berth. I don't bother them and they don't care about me. Besides, they can run 35 mph and I don't want to do anything to piss them off.

by Anonymousreply 34April 8, 2020 12:15 AM

Please, R34, let’s not start stories about the moose fairy, often or not.

by Anonymousreply 35August 3, 2020 4:34 AM

I got fucked by this guy after i pet his moose cock. Does that count?

by Anonymousreply 36August 3, 2020 4:38 AM

I told you guys that the Moose is a murderer. I told you all, but noooooo, you didn't believe me.

by Anonymousreply 37August 3, 2020 8:13 AM

I don’t believe you, R37. I think you’re cuckoo.

by Anonymousreply 38August 4, 2020 4:36 AM

I'm from California and only saw a moose up close once, on my first visit to Wyoming. I was a teenager, and my cousin and I an afternoon in the Grand Tetons, where a few hikers had a rare chance to see a momma moose and it's gawky baby up close.

Even though I was an ignorant teenager from a moose-free territory, I knew better than to fuck with a momma moose! We hikers tried to gawk, because it was quite a sight, but every single time the mother moose looked in our direction we all, as one, scrambled behind a huge boulder. Several times. It's a pity nobody had a movie camera, it must have been hilarious from a safe distance.

by Anonymousreply 39August 4, 2020 8:05 AM

"A Good Woman Almost Got Trampled When She Tried to Pet a Moose in Colorado" is the title of my next country song.

Much better than my last one which was "Bluegrass of Kentucky on Every Fucking Lawn."

by Anonymousreply 40August 4, 2020 8:27 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!