Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Kim Zimmer Emmy reel thread

Her Emmy Reel from 1990

Reel 1 - The morning of Reva's wedding - replete w/ poignant moments & small disasters

Reel 2 - Reva's encounter with Pharaoh, who'd almost raped her years earlier.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20April 5, 2020 5:55 AM

Kim Zimmer 2006 Daytime Emmy Reel

Reel #1 - Reva finds out she is not pregnant, but instead going through menopause

Reel #2 - Reva tries coping with still being desirable by trying to seduce Josh

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1April 3, 2020 1:11 AM

Justin Deas Daytime Emmy Reel Spanning 5 Wins (1988, 1989, 1994, 1995 & 1997)

Reel for Justin Deas first win (from As The World Turns 1984) not available

Reel #1 - Keith comforts Gina after her niece dies (Santa Barbara 1988)

Reel #2 - Keith and Gina Marry (Santa Barbara 1989)

Reel #3 - Buzz tells Nadine what really happened in Vietnam (Guiding Light 1994)

Reel #4 - Buzz begins to have flashbacks of Vietnam during the 5th St. Fire (Guiding Light 1995)

Reel #5 - Reva tells Buzz their marriage is over (Guiding Light 1997)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2April 3, 2020 1:13 AM

Cynthia Watros 1998 Daytime Emmy Reel

Reel 1 - Annie goes on a bender, after her miscarriage story is exposed

Reel 2 - Annie's wedding is interrupted when her first husband shows up to stop the wedding.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3April 3, 2020 1:14 AM

I always wondered why they didn’t give the Reva/Buzz marriage a real shot. I loved them together and thought they had a ton of chemistry.

by Anonymousreply 4April 3, 2020 1:15 AM

These was the episodes Maureen Garrett submitted to the Blue Ribbon Panel. The 1st episode presented here she lost to Jess Walton (The Young and the Restless), 2nd episode she lost to her GL co-star Maeve Kinkead, 3rd episode she lost to Susan Haskell (One Life To Live).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5April 3, 2020 1:16 AM

Ellen Parker 1993 Daytime Emmy Reel

Reel 1 - Maureen comes to the realization that Lillian slept with her husband.

Reel 2 - Maureen tells Ed their marriage is over.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6April 3, 2020 1:17 AM

Where's MY Emmy reel?

by Anonymousreply 7April 3, 2020 1:37 AM

I love Ellen, but did she borrow someone's curtains to make that dress?

by Anonymousreply 8April 3, 2020 2:55 AM

Maureen Garrett is so understated in her style. But her work is so powerful because she IS understated.

Didn't win her any Emmys, though.

by Anonymousreply 9April 3, 2020 2:56 AM

[quote] Maureen Garrett is so understated in her style

She lived openly in a lesbian relationship - two mommies raising their two sons in the Suburbs

by Anonymousreply 10April 3, 2020 3:01 AM

Maureen and her wife have three sons.

by Anonymousreply 11April 3, 2020 3:03 AM

Maeve Kinkead, Maureen Garrett and Ellen Parker all shared a dressing room.

Ellen Parker is actually good friends with Meryl Streep (before she became close friends with Maeve on GL)

by Anonymousreply 12April 3, 2020 3:05 AM

One of the SHORTEST Emmy reels ever - Jordan Clarke winning in 2006 with a 2 episode 10 minute reel (most reels are 30 minutes)

Reel 1: Billy falls off the wagon.

Reel 2: Billy fights the urge to crack open a bottle of whiskey.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13April 3, 2020 4:11 AM

Kim can outbelch a sailor after a few glasses of wine.

by Anonymousreply 14April 3, 2020 5:35 AM

I think for Jordan Clarke that Emmy was more for his body of work career wise. I love his castmates reaction when he won. You can tell he was beloved.

by Anonymousreply 15April 3, 2020 10:21 PM

It's a travesty Robert Newman never won.

by Anonymousreply 16April 3, 2020 11:34 PM

Rape is rampant on the soaps. Is that because women secretly thrill to it? It’s the number one sex fantasy women google.

Or is it because of the legions of bottoms watching?

by Anonymousreply 17April 3, 2020 11:37 PM

Ellen Parker's reel @6 is exceptional. None of the remaining 4 shows (which I'm increasingly hesitant to admit I watch) could craft that story so well, and allow the time it takes for performances to breathe like that. Maureen's death was shocking to my youngish gayling self.

by Anonymousreply 18April 4, 2020 3:48 PM

Ellen Parker's reel was probably one of the best reels ever submitted.

by Anonymousreply 19April 5, 2020 5:09 AM

Ed was supposed to be such a good guy but he couldn't seem to keep his dick in his pants.

by Anonymousreply 20April 5, 2020 5:55 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!