Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Las Vegas homeless have been moved into an empty parking lot and made to sleep on the bare concrete...

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22March 31, 2020 11:32 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1March 30, 2020 4:41 PM

So many of the people on the asphalt here, you know, were underprivileged anyway, so this is working very well for them.

by Anonymousreply 2March 30, 2020 4:49 PM

It’s something - not ideal, but at least allocated space and a little safer than ignoring them.

by Anonymousreply 3March 30, 2020 4:51 PM

Wouldn’t they be sleeping on sidewalks anyway? How is this any different?

by Anonymousreply 4March 30, 2020 4:54 PM

Couldn't they have been supplied with military cots to sleep on?

by Anonymousreply 5March 30, 2020 4:54 PM

Making them sleep out in the open like this is terrible...and what will they do during the day?

by Anonymousreply 6March 30, 2020 4:56 PM

Meanwhile, there are empty buildings that could shelter them.

by Anonymousreply 7March 30, 2020 4:59 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8March 30, 2020 5:00 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9March 30, 2020 5:02 PM

Shouldn’t they be more spread out. Like a couple boxes over from one another.

by Anonymousreply 10March 30, 2020 5:04 PM

A city with, literally, thousands of empty hotel rooms is storing people on concrete.

We're such a Christian nation.

by Anonymousreply 11March 30, 2020 5:05 PM

You'd think they would at least set up big tents in that parking lot so these people would be out of the elements.

by Anonymousreply 12March 30, 2020 5:11 PM

Apparently this is a

"temporary facility which will be used until at least April 3, or until the Catholic Charities' shelter re-opens"

by Anonymousreply 13March 30, 2020 5:20 PM

It’s Vegas. The desert. The only “elements” to worry about is heat.

by Anonymousreply 14March 30, 2020 5:23 PM

Beats digging your own grave.

by Anonymousreply 15March 30, 2020 5:32 PM

Why did they not prepare? I save 70% of my trust fund stipend for a raining day. I moved 80% of my market portfolio to no risk CD's last year. I have stocked my 3 sub zero refrigerators with non perishable food . Enough for a year. I had my physician provide me with 7 boxes of N95 masks over a year ago. There is no excuse for these "people". All they want is a handout. Well I refuse to be punished for their lack of foresight. I simply refuse!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16March 30, 2020 6:00 PM

R11, Not to mention dormitories, school buildings, churches, ....

by Anonymousreply 17March 30, 2020 8:33 PM

R11 and R17 Get real. Most of them are drug addicts, mentally ill or violent. They will trash any room they are given to the point everything will have to be ripped out or replaced. Who wants to pay for that? You? And since you’re so compassionate, why don’t you find a transient in your city and invite them to crash on your couch in these uncertain times? Yeah, thought so.

by Anonymousreply 18March 30, 2020 8:48 PM

Ashes and iron for you, r18.

by Anonymousreply 19March 30, 2020 8:51 PM

R19 Just speaking the truth. Seriously, put your money where your mouth is and feel free to house even one in your home or property.

by Anonymousreply 20March 30, 2020 11:06 PM

R18, Did I suggest placing these people, which includes families, in private homes? No, I did not. So your "Nyah, Nyah" retort fails.

by Anonymousreply 21March 31, 2020 11:23 PM

[quote]which includes families

No, it doesn't. Very few are "families" down on their luck. Most are adult males ....drug addicts and/or mentally ill.

by Anonymousreply 22March 31, 2020 11:32 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!