Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Call The Midwife Season Nine

They're all back!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37May 18, 2020 7:32 PM

Some good episodes thus far, though one could really do with some eye candy since the Dishy Vicar left.

A hot husband here and there but they're only onscreen for seconds at a time.

by Anonymousreply 1April 18, 2020 1:58 PM

I thought the Pakistani husband was pretty hot.

by Anonymousreply 2April 18, 2020 2:12 PM

The beefy one who thought his mother in law might be drinking was a real hottie.

by Anonymousreply 3April 18, 2020 2:14 PM

Pics of hot husbands please x

by Anonymousreply 4April 18, 2020 3:30 PM

I think there's a new doctor coming on, one that is doing a residency or something. Or it looks that way from previews

by Anonymousreply 5April 18, 2020 8:49 PM

Has Timmy been caught spying on the nuns in their evening wear yet?

by Anonymousreply 6April 18, 2020 9:09 PM

Timmy's away at boarding school. Probably servicing the headmaster.

by Anonymousreply 7April 19, 2020 7:11 PM

Is Timmy 18 yet?

by Anonymousreply 8April 19, 2020 7:17 PM

Ooh, a few of those doctors were fine as fuck.

by Anonymousreply 9April 20, 2020 3:07 AM

Dr. Walters was quite swoonworthy

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10April 20, 2020 3:09 AM

yaaaas hunty

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11April 20, 2020 3:10 AM

They should all wear masks this season.

by Anonymousreply 12April 20, 2020 3:13 AM

I love when Sister Julienne has a Crisis of Faith. When that wimple comes off, hunty, it is ON!

Last night she walked around and discovered older women are invisible - and that SHE was invisible without her nun garb - and then, scandalously, went off to a matinee of The Sound of Music! And ate *gasp* a chocolate bar!

by Anonymousreply 13April 27, 2020 8:53 PM

Timmy is becoming quite the Twunk.

by Anonymousreply 14April 27, 2020 8:54 PM

As long as Trixie shows I'm happy.

by Anonymousreply 15April 27, 2020 8:57 PM

Trixie was flirting with the hot doctor last episode. Hopefully he'll poke the cobwebs out of her dusty cooter.

by Anonymousreply 16April 27, 2020 9:00 PM

Is that annoying dweeb married to the Doctor still in it? I had to sit through the Xmas special with my mother, where they went to start a maternity hospital on a barren Scottish island and it was fucking awful.

by Anonymousreply 17April 27, 2020 9:02 PM

Yes, Shelagh is still in it. She and Patrick also went to see Sound of Music and compared themselves to Maria and Georg.

They were cute in the beginning but they bore me now.

by Anonymousreply 18April 27, 2020 9:06 PM

Not consistent eye candy this season. They must do better.

by Anonymousreply 19April 27, 2020 9:09 PM

Yeah, the HW seems to be on a big feminist kick the last few years.

She was much better about serving up good eye candy before.

Still remember the hot guy they showed in an early season who was cruising the cottages!!

by Anonymousreply 20April 27, 2020 9:13 PM

Dang. Looks like the new hot doctor is a painkiller addict.

by Anonymousreply 21May 12, 2020 4:37 AM

Dr. McNulty looks vaguely familiar but I don't think I've actually seen the actor in anything else. I think he must have one of those vaguely generic good-looking Brit faces.

by Anonymousreply 22May 12, 2020 10:05 PM

Another season done.

Poor hot doc had an OD.

Two women knocked up by the same guy....and only realized after reading a recap that the guy who played Eddie was in Downton Abbey as William - boy did he get fat.

by Anonymousreply 23May 18, 2020 2:58 PM

Trixie had her Night The Lights Went Out In Georgia speech.

by Anonymousreply 24May 18, 2020 2:59 PM

[quote]They're all back!

With less hot men and the same plots as last season.

by Anonymousreply 25May 18, 2020 3:02 PM

Well, we knew the order wouldn't shut down, so their one year reprieve was unsurprising. I knew, somehow, they were going to get all the former patients involved.

I keep thinking Phyllis and the old bitch from the office will lezz out together.

by Anonymousreply 26May 18, 2020 3:04 PM

I keep thinking Doctor Turner will be caught in the bushes of Hampsted Heath. And Shelagh will just shake her head and say, "Oh Pat-rrrick, you're overworked. You need a vacation."

by Anonymousreply 27May 18, 2020 3:08 PM

Doctor Turner, the secret pass around bottom.

by Anonymousreply 28May 18, 2020 3:24 PM

Miss Higgins really is the new face of DL's Nellie Prisspots/Maiden Aunt Brigade.

You can almost hear her tsk tsk in this photo.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29May 18, 2020 3:26 PM

[quote]Doctor Turner, the secret pass around bottom.

The NHS opens an investigation on why he is writing so many prescriptions for penicillin. Now *that's* must see tv. Better than an hour of watching a woman give three screams, seeing a baby surf out of her vagina on a wave of fluid and then rejoice that another family has a mouth they can't feed while the midwives rejoice in the miracle of childbirth.

by Anonymousreply 30May 18, 2020 3:29 PM

[quote] Miss Higgins really is the new face of DL's Nellie Prisspots/Maiden Aunt Brigade.

She does 2 episodes of Gameface as the lead character's agent and she's great. In that role, she's more ditzy, having signed the lead character while she had a drug problem and then totally forgetting that she represents her.

by Anonymousreply 31May 18, 2020 3:36 PM

I never knew Georgie Glen's work before but she looks fabulously stylish in this photo.

I hated Ms. Higgins initially but there have been a few episodes where you saw underneath the priss and it made me like her.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32May 18, 2020 3:38 PM

"Nonontus House" still stands but it's been converted into apartments. This article goes into the background of the series but doesn't mention when it all came to an end. The living conditions in the slum were disgusting but not personally dangerous, the nuns and midwives were respected.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33May 18, 2020 4:07 PM

[quote]The living conditions in the slum were disgusting

Queen Victoria was supposed to build new housing. Lazy get!

by Anonymousreply 34May 18, 2020 4:19 PM

I read all of the books years ago. They were interesting enough but I donated them a while back.

The various people involved had it rough. I think Trixie was still around for a while but Cynthia did have a mental breakdown as she did in the show.

by Anonymousreply 35May 18, 2020 4:24 PM

I suspect that either it will be a long while before we get season 10 or that last night's episode may end up being the series finale.

Because of the rona, of course.

(They are contracted for two more seasons but when would they ever be able to film?)

by Anonymousreply 36May 18, 2020 5:41 PM

[quote] (They are contracted for two more seasons but when would they ever be able to film?)

What are they going to do if Vanessa Redgrave kicks the bucket? The whole production is based on Old Jenny Worth narrating events.

by Anonymousreply 37May 18, 2020 7:32 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!