Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

"O-o-h Child" (1970) by The Five Stairsteps was their biggest hit, peaking at #8 on the Billboard Hot 100

Why did they never have another hit?

This song is just so wonderful and powerful, even with its simplicity. I love this song so much, I can listen to it on repeat.

What makes me sad is that it doesn't seem that we are in a brighter place or easier place than in 1970, things are just more covered up now. Ugh. It makes me sad. They were so wonderful.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7March 31, 2020 1:11 AM

I always wondered what their actual cut of songs those big R & B bands received. Record companies were notorious for their accounting tricks. With 8-10 members they must have each received about $1.87. And yes, that was a great song.

by Anonymousreply 1March 30, 2020 1:57 AM

They had mostly R&B hits. They were the model for the Jackson 5.

by Anonymousreply 2March 30, 2020 1:57 AM

Why are there seven people on that album cover?

by Anonymousreply 3March 30, 2020 1:59 AM

R3 they were all in the group and all siblings

by Anonymousreply 4March 30, 2020 2:56 AM

Them or Sly and the Family Stone?

by Anonymousreply 5March 31, 2020 1:05 AM

I loved the use of this song in Crooklyn.

by Anonymousreply 6March 31, 2020 1:06 AM

I liked it in Boys N The Hood and Guardians of the Galaxy

by Anonymousreply 7March 31, 2020 1:11 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!