Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

David Schramm is dead to me

David Schramm has sadly passed away this week at the age of 73, it has been announced by The Acting Company.

The actor is most remembered for his role as Roy Biggins, the rival airline owner, on the television series Wings. David appeared in all 172 episodes throughout the entire series.

David's other credits include many on and off-Broadway like Alan Ayckbourn’s Bedroom Face, the 2009 revival of Finian’s Rainbow, and many more.

He also co-founded The Acting Company alongside Margot Harley, who announced the somber news.

“We mourn his loss and will miss him,” Margot shared of his passing.

The cause of David's passing is still unknown at this time.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13March 30, 2020 6:11 PM

Oh that's sad. I always wondered why he disappeared after Wings. I guess he went back to theater.

by Anonymousreply 1March 29, 2020 11:18 PM

Openly gay?

by Anonymousreply 2March 29, 2020 11:21 PM

Does anyone else immediately think anyone we see dying right now could only possibly have died from you know what? As if no longer does anyone die from heart disease, cancer, stroke, etc.

by Anonymousreply 3March 29, 2020 11:22 PM

You mean ... AIDS?

by Anonymousreply 4March 29, 2020 11:34 PM

Aw too bad. He was funny. I could watch a Wings marathon right now. A nice harmless sitcom like that would be fantastic for our lockdown period.

by Anonymousreply 5March 29, 2020 11:39 PM

Will this be the event that will spur the elusive Crystal Bernard into making a statement?

by Anonymousreply 6March 29, 2020 11:49 PM

His character was one of the most finely drawn in 80s/90s American sitcoms. He committed to it thoroughly and it was great that he never tried to soften or de-uglify the role.

by Anonymousreply 7March 29, 2020 11:52 PM

One of Patti Lupones classmates from her days at Julliard...she mentions him in her book.

by Anonymousreply 8March 30, 2020 12:20 AM

Awww. He was so funny as the foil for the brothers. So sad to hear of his death.

by Anonymousreply 9March 30, 2020 12:32 AM

He was very overweight, so it's a wonder he made it to 70+

by Anonymousreply 10March 30, 2020 12:35 AM

Sad.

by Anonymousreply 11March 30, 2020 4:17 AM

This is sad. I liked him in Wings. Like Cheers, it was a sitcom with no socially redeeming quality whatsoever. I liked it and Tim Daly was visual candy.

by Anonymousreply 12March 30, 2020 5:06 AM

When I saw obit for soap star John Callahan, 66, no reason was given. Assumed The Virus. Further search showed had a stroke.

by Anonymousreply 13March 30, 2020 6:11 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!