Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Back by unpopular request: the CDAN thread

Hi everybody,

As I'm not a subscriber (boo!), I couldn't post in the previous thread after six months. I had also some minor health issues that took me back, and when everything finally appeared to be fine, France went onto confinement a couple of days later. But enough about me.

I actually tried to post mostly after Kirk Douglas' passing, because I had found a few Himmmm-related nuggets concerning Natalie Wood that actually showed how much of a fuckup he was, even more than the stuff people had noticed about the rape story.

Another interesting phenomenon is that the biggest bump in subscriptions to Enty's paying podcast was actually Harry and Meghan stepping out of royal duties last January. It had much, much more effect than the Epstein arrest and death, while the Epstein stories still make for a lot of the content there. The discrepancy is actually quite revealing about Enty's goals and motivations.

And finally, the poster girl for laxative abuse PSAs, Tricia13. The fucking cunt has actually shown unwillingly her true racist and antisemitic colors a few days ago.

So, what would like to talk about first? One of these, something else, my overlong posts, Enty getting some actual celebrities like Valerie Bertinelli or Shooter Jennings on his podcast?

by Anonymousreply 31April 16, 2020 7:04 PM

Hi Angela! You are a sight for sore eyes. Hoping this thread picks up just for the purposes of distraction.

by Anonymousreply 1March 29, 2020 10:45 PM

Let's start with Himmmm and Natalie Wood, and a reminder.

As you may know, CDAN was a little known gossip site until March 2012. The site would publish a couple of blind items a day, which were as plausible as anything posted on the other places, but there wasn't any grand statement about how disgusting Hollywood is (I mean liberal Hollywood), compared to what it is now.

What put the site on the map was a series of comments posted under a few run-of-the-mill blind items. They were posted by "Himmmm", who had previously hinted at his connections with Enty, but hadn't done anything outstanding. Then, he started to post stories involving Ryan O'Neal, and he shocked many people by a very graphic telling about how Kirk Douglas had violently raped an underage Natalie Wood. Himmmm then posted a few more clues about his connections with Natalie Wood's daughter, Natasha Gregson Wagner, which in turn strongly suggested that "Himmmm" claimed to be Robert Downey Jr. Traffic for the site exploded, and CDAN turned out to be the "reference place" for blind items overnight.

The guy behind the "Himmmm" alias, which I'll call TG, had already been obsessed by Wood and her daughters for a long time. His MySpace, which he had created in the mid-2000s, featured a few candid pictures of Courtney Brooke Wagner that he presented as his own. They were lifted from a profile story posted on a little known New York website.

by Anonymousreply 2April 2, 2020 1:20 PM

In 2018, CDAN then posted a blind item credited to Himmmm and once again about Natalie Wood. This time, it was about her death from drowning. The blind supported the "popular" theory according to which a very drunk (and outed) Robert Wagner was much to blame. As with the Kirk Douglas story, Himmmm claimed he heard many details through her direct family. He previously had posted similar allegations in the comments. But this isn't the really juicy part from the 2018 blind.

The juicy part comes once again in the comments, where Himmmm explains why this story matters so much to him.

[quote]Thank you for those with you kind comments and your "thanks". I say "thanks" right back. I much prefer to focus on the blind/topic and not try to find hidden motives as to why things are posted or when. [bold]Even when they are very personal to me or my mates.[/bold]

[quote]You need to hear that truth. Because she wasn't just a photo or movie star to all of us. She was flesh and blood, heart and spirit. Warmth, laughter, heartache, and kindness. You HAVE TO know that truth. [bold]When a woman you've loved since your youth in 1979 when she gave you a sweet gentle platonic kiss and who wrote you the sweetest letter in a book she gave you, with photos of you together. The woman you hand-made a silly jewelry item for as a kid, and she wore it in public because she said she loved it - that it was REAL. And she said she loved YOU and the love you put into that funny little art project she wore and said it was more valuable than her diamonds. And when you know that it meant enough for it to be entombed with her body, and she carried that little token YOU made...carried it with her into the next life.[/bold]

[quote]The woman who took you out to walk on a cold beach in October 1981 for a birthday picnic, and played in the sand with you away from the stuffy grown-ups, shared little silly secrets with you, made silly Russian-gypsy curses and promises with you, away from the others and told you stories about pirates, and laughed and kissed you goodbye...and you still can remember the warm smell of her perfume...and [bold]still have that special ring SHE gave YOU.[/bold]

[quote]When, as a youth, only a month after you last hugged her bye, [bold]you were at her funeral and could hardly comprehend you'd never see her again. A part of your innocence died as you handed her little girl there your flower - that smelled just like her - that was soaked in a child's tears. Then you grew up and shared a special bond of love with that little girl that will never be broken.[/bold] You need to hear that truth acknowledged for her relatives whom you love...and that woman's precious soul...who has never been able to Rest In Peace and is finally getting HER truth known 37 yrs. later.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3April 2, 2020 1:21 PM

So, as a child, Himmmm had made such an impression on Natalie Wood that they stayed in touch for two years and that they had exchanged jewelry, Wood being so fond of him that she was buried with the "silly jewelry item" he had made for her (as if she had put it in her will....). He went to her funeral and then developed another bond with one of her daughters, that had survived for decades.

TG/Himmmm was literally obsessed with Natalie Wood and her tragic story. I have no idea why it rung a particular bell in him. And he couldn't help inserting himself into the narrative. So, he played the posthumous white knight to her, in particular against two men already rumored to have done her wrong, Kirk Douglas and Robert Wagner (the stories had circulated for years). So, he wrote very graphic versions of the two events, claiming in both cases he had sources among her immediate family (which would be Courtney Brooke Wagner).

Himmmm's story about Robert Wagner didn't get much attention, because it wasn't that different from what a few tabloids or Natalie's sister Lana had claimed. Which may be why very few people noticed the comments he also posted. The rape story, however, was much more sensational, as the rumors until then just mentioned that Douglas may have taken advantage of an underage Natalie Wood on the casting couch. Especially when it's told by someone so shocked about it that he basically reveals "unwillingly" he's Hollywood superstar Robert Downey Jr.

And that's how many stories about the death of Kirk Douglas felt compelled to start with a "CW: rape allegations", mostly based on these 2012 comments posted by a guy who was a complete fraud and who even claimed to have between 1979 and 1983 a ongoing platonic love affair with Natalie Wood, while he was in his early teens. Strange world...

by Anonymousreply 4April 2, 2020 1:23 PM

It’s all just rumors posted by anonymous people. I take it with a grain of salt. Unfortunately, many accept this sort of thing as fact. There is no way of knowing of this shit really happened.

by Anonymousreply 5April 2, 2020 1:26 PM

R5, of course they are. And it's not my intent to show that Kirk Douglas didn't have sex with Natalie Wood while she was underage or that Robert Wagner didn't have something to do with her death decades later. These rumors have existed for ages, and I don't have any particular element about either of them.

However, the very graphic 2012 telling by "Himmmm" about Douglas violently raping Wood and nearly killing her was the version that gained a lot of credence over the years, up to the point that a few celebrities, when they commented on Douglas' death in February, mentioned Natalie Wood's name even before his actual accomplishments or most famous films. And it was mostly due to the deranged mind of a failed Virginia screenwriter, who daydreamed about Natalie Wood and her daughters and felt a compulsive need to be a part of their stories even if he hadn't met any of them.

There was just one reporter who did their homework about the rape story, and it was Robyn Penacchia on Wonkette.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6April 2, 2020 1:38 PM

Natalie's sister said she'd name the attacker after he died. CDAN and everyone who posts there should die in a grease fire.

by Anonymousreply 7April 2, 2020 1:54 PM

CDAN is straight up bullshit!

by Anonymousreply 8April 2, 2020 4:51 PM

R8 And amen to that.

I just wanted to show you a glimpse of how unhinged and straight fucked up "Himmmm" was in the comments, something that had been quite overlooked at the time. And it's very telling that Enty still used him as a main source for stories during an entire decade.

Even some people at CDAN who have understood that Himmmm was a fraud who just wrote fictions and fantasies still feel that Enty was actually conned by somebody he trusted. That's clearly bullshit. If the guy wrote about his "romance" with Natalie Wood in public, I can't see how Enty wouldn't have a ton of glimpses of TG's delusions in their private messages over the years.

Also, I don't think that TG was actually paid for this "work". Being hosted on a third party platform like Blogger causes the ad revenues for the site to go mostly to Google. The site has never made a ton of money directly (hence the Patreon thing). And why would Enty pay anyway for stuff he knew to be total baloney?

The likely truth is that Enty took advantage of a mentally ill guy who would spend a lot of time every day fantasizing and writing about a few celebrities that obsessed him (like Natalie Wood, and, for some reason, Hayden Panettiere), and who couldn't get attention on him otherwise. Himmmm wanted the recognition, some kind of fame, even (and especially) if it was virtual. And Enty knew he had somebody who definitely wasn't well, but would send him all these "outrageous" stories that many of his readers would look as genuine.

My firm belief is now that even before the site started to go political against any liberal celebrity in the entertainment industry, Enty had zero issues with taking advantage of fragile people. Well, the "Dancing Boy" blinds are evidence enough anyway...

by Anonymousreply 9April 4, 2020 4:59 PM

The first time I heard the rape allegation was from Suzanne Finstad's biography of Natalie Wood, where the rapist isn't named. It's just a description of what happened and how Natalie told her friend Dennis Hopper about it. It wasn't until I started reading DL that I started seeing Kirk Douglas' name attached to the story. I don't know whether or not Hopper has confirmed this. He's probably not the only person she told about the rape, though.

by Anonymousreply 10April 4, 2020 5:25 PM

The comments to this post are literally fucking insane.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11April 9, 2020 8:41 PM

CDAN is a right-wing tool site. I just posted a comment mocking their crazy conspiracy theories. "It's the beast! Hitler did this!"

by Anonymousreply 12April 9, 2020 9:23 PM

Literally no one asked for this.

by Anonymousreply 13April 9, 2020 9:50 PM

They had a recent blind about some celebrity having orgies every night. The comments were basically slut shaming responses.

I would like to go to an orgy.

And op, really? Who cares about Tricia 13. She's just some person in the Bahamas or Virgin Islands that has no life and is the first to respond.

Cdan has been right about some things but not everything. It's a mix of fake and real.

by Anonymousreply 14April 9, 2020 9:58 PM

R14 I have a reason for mentioning this boring idiot. It's a strong possibility that she's involved with the recent shift to politics.

When Jeffrey Epstein was arrested last July or August, there was a significant bump in subscriptions to the podcast on Patreon, while the figures are falling from month to month. There was however a much bigger bump in January when Harry and Meghan announced they were stepping out of royal family duties. It was enough to make the curb flat for two months.

Logically, Enty should follow this lead and favor "regular" gossip, about the BRF or other usual celebrities, as it's the stuff that brings subscribers (and money through Patreon). However, there's still much more stuff about the "pedophile billionaire" or David Geffen than about the royal family. There are still three "lowest-hanging-fruit" blind items every day that allow Tricia to get some win by identifying Lindsay Lohan or Lori Loughlin a few seconds after it's posted. And there's the fact that you can post racist or some particularly hateful comments easily without the blink of an eye but if you dare to post something against Tricia, moderation gets enabled within minutes and the offending messages get deleted.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if Enty had some incentive to spare and protect her. And by that, I mean money. She definitely reaches out to him when she's attacked or criticized. And, if you get a look at her Twatter feed, which is basically "#MAGA #KAG #POTUSISGREAT #DemsAreLosers" several times a day, every bit of prejudice she has (and she has a TON) against people in the entertainment industry gets later validated in blind item form.

So, either Tricia and a bunch of similar politically motivated people contribute significantly more to the Patreon piggy bank than the others (using premium tiers or one-time donations), or they started before that to send him money directly for "research" or "investigation", which is basically posting the stuff they want to read... and hope that others will believe.

I've never really believed the theories about Rebel Media or another right-wing group "buying" CDAN. At its heart, the site has remained a one-man operation. However, given his history of taking advantage of imbalanced people like "Himmmm", I don't see Enty having any qualms to take the money from a bunch of rightwing nuts, who were already fans, and post a bunch of grotesque blind items to give them the feeling that they're reading the showbiz version of QAnon.

by Anonymousreply 15April 12, 2020 7:56 PM

R15, when did you stop taking your meds?

by Anonymousreply 16April 12, 2020 8:14 PM

I am under the impression that these are all the same people. Including OP, (Angela). Enty, Tricia, Angela. Griffiths MIGHT be real. Doubly it, but I’ll play along.

Now, for sure there are others who collaborate, in order to keep CDAN going, however, their agendas are murky. Not sure who’s funding this, but I suspect the reasons for the funding go beyond politics.

The motives are rooted in money, studios merging, strategic alliances between production companies, distributors, and most importantly, streaming services, and tech (yes, 5G, too!).

Because of the multiple sectors and platforms required for streaming to become the only or primary source of film distribution, the tech sector, along with other sectors, are currently or were recently, experiencing a “behind the scenes” war as to how this will happen, and who gets what slice of the pie, and how big those slices will be.

This was in development for years, and while CDAN may have originated as an authentic, Hollywood Gossip site, (which I highly doubt) it quickly morphed into a machine gun, that was created to repeatedly snipe at the targets chosen, by whomever made those decisions.

The same people who made it possible for Weinstein to finally go down, are the same people whom financially motivate CDAN, and the #meetoo movement was not about changing the casting couch culture in Hollywood for women, or even children, it was about claiming supremacy, creating fear and passive-aggressive threats, for those who did not agree to play ball, and were considering “resisting”, like Weinstein resisted, and whipping the industry back into a single form line, no longer answering to the old Hollywood system, but a new one.

Admittedly, the new Hollywood guard will provide a safer & more equitable playing field for many, but profit remains king, and CDAN was one of many tools used to insulate Hollywood from the revelation & scourge of dirty business deals, ruthless tactics employed to take down some very powerful people, and to protect itself from foreign political actors/oligarchs, who wanted a piece of Hollywood’s highly lucrative streaming deals and profits.

Hollywood basically said, “Fuck no. We and Silicon Valley are keeping the money. We don’t want yours, and we don’t share. FUCK OFF if you don’t play by our unions’ rules, which will govern who gets in, and who stays.”

If CDAN were in place for the sheer purpose of exposing pedophiles who worked at Disney, (an ABC company who is also streaming), it would have called the FBI. Instead, it created endless rumors about America’s biggest star, a mouse, who was being accused of being a pedophile, running rampant through the halls of power, right beside Hillary Clinton and her husband, while stopping at pizza parlors for snacks and child sacrifice. Poor Hillary. She really deserved better.

FYI: there aren’t that many libs in Tinsel Town. It’s all bullshit. And for the high rollers, there’s actually no such thing as the GOP and DNC, only money & power. Two parties: MONEY, & POWER. The rest is show business.

“If you don’t cannibalize yourself, someone else will”.

- Steve Jobs

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17April 12, 2020 9:25 PM

[quote] FYI: there aren’t that many libs in Tinsel Town.

You're truly insane, R17.

by Anonymousreply 18April 12, 2020 9:47 PM

OP is a Russian digital blackface troll. Block him.

by Anonymousreply 19April 12, 2020 9:50 PM

Yeah... Um, op. I hope you learn to not go down those rabbit holes of hate. You don't have to. No one is forcing you. Stop seeking them.

by Anonymousreply 20April 12, 2020 11:18 PM

Christ. Fucking Frauen here. Can't they just tend to their ovaries and stop spreading their pointless slime trails here?

by Anonymousreply 21April 12, 2020 11:21 PM

OP, you need help more than anyone here.

by Anonymousreply 22April 13, 2020 12:04 AM

As soon as Peter Beard disappeared, Enty did a blind about how the evil pedophile network made him disappear because he knew too much.

by Anonymousreply 23April 13, 2020 12:11 AM

R17 is a good example of a meth-essay.

Shut the fuck up you nutcase, r17.

by Anonymousreply 24April 13, 2020 2:00 AM

If CDAN were interesting, important, relevant, or a mystery, there would be more reporting on it. No one's bothered since 2012. It's about what you'd expect. Probably he gets some real tips, but most of it is just fake crap. I recommend Angela get a life and/or devote her time to something that actually matters in the world.

by Anonymousreply 25April 13, 2020 2:04 AM

When did the site get do right-wing? It seemed like a regular gossip site at first, then the QAnon shit started

by Anonymousreply 26April 13, 2020 2:19 AM

Oops, I meant "get so right-wing"

by Anonymousreply 27April 13, 2020 2:21 AM

STFU, R24. You know as well as I, that CDAN was used as a platform to perform virtual/online hit jobs on celebs, public figures, companies, elected officials, Presidential candidates, and people who were “trouble”. 90% or more of the pedo shit was bullshit, and things that were true, were eventually turned against and upon the people who had been genuinely been abused as CHILDREN, just because the victims relapsed, continued pursuing abusive relationships, or as legal adults, chose to whore themselves out.

Anyone who finds it appropriate or even justifiable, to reveal and re-victimize a very young adult, who does not shape up and follow/adhere to the plans proposed to them by their “rescuers”, is an abusive asshole, too.

Do you know how many men and women I’ve come across who were sexually abused by family or others orbiting around these families, specifically in show business? Plenty. And guess what? Most of these people do NOT recover from the abuse. Alcoholism, addiction, domestic violence, institutionalization, incarceration, overdoses, homelessness, forces abortions, forced adoptions, denial, homicide, suicide, are all part of the aftermath faced by these people, & they relapse repeatedly, barely ever stay sober, have their kids removed from their homes, crash cars, lose homes, money, friends and normal family members, because they were physically and sexually abused from the time they were CHILDREN, on.

NOT ONCE, have I considered creating a website used for the specific reasons of putting their shit on blast to the public, because they won’t stay sober, or break up with their abusive partner, or cut ties with their abusive parents, or not do what I want them to do, or accept help from me. AND IF they were currently abusing other children, I would have reached out to law enforcement, and reported them, instead of creating BLIND ITEMS FOR CLICKS AND CASH.

Same goes for significant others. Trashing your spouse, via leaking personal info on said spouse,via blind items and eventual “reveals” in order to create a negative narrative on said spouse, in order to save one’s reputation and not take responsibility for one’s own personal addictions and abusive behaviors, is cowardly as fuck, and we all know this.

And again, taking down an industry mogul who has been widely known to rape women, at a time that was coincidentally aligned to the restructuring of distribution platforms of content and production of content, via streaming, and the eventual consolidation of companies, simply because that industry mogul proposed challenges and roadblocks that would have been tied up in lawsuits for decades, thereby blocking profits to those financially invested in these developments, under a manufactured yet factually based “metoo”, movement, is the height of hypocrisy, regardless of the positive effects upon the entertainment industry itself.

CDAN was used as a weapon for revenge, slut shaming, black balling, the dissemination of conspiracy theories, the propagation & continued isolation of real power for and within established patriarchy within the entertainment industry, and profits for those who chose to play along when it suited their agendas, rather than doing the right thing when they had nothing to gain, or even something to lose.

Fuck you, R24. People actually DIED because of the culture created in pursuit of these aforementioned goals, pursued via the creation and dissemination of blind items. An election was high jacked, and a large part of our culture, is now rendered useless, as they follow tinfoil hat movements such as Q-Anon, MGTOW, and red/blue/black pill bullshit.

There are VERY REAL and visible consequences involved, when one chooses to endeavor in the trafficking of innuendo, lies, rumors, and ruination of reputations, thereof.

by Anonymousreply 28April 13, 2020 5:57 PM

Still at it, eh Derek? Doesn't matter where you go, you are universally loathed.

by Anonymousreply 29April 13, 2020 6:17 PM

Still at it, eh Derek? Doesn't matter where you go, you are universally loathed.

by Anonymousreply 30April 13, 2020 6:17 PM

R25 Hello, E! As you repeated yourself posting the very same comment as a few months ago, I'll do the same reply. Sure, I'm quite pathetic posting something about CDAN. But you know what's even more pathetic? Tracking every bit of negative information posted about this "irrelevant" site, so you can call people who criticize it losers who should get a life, then go back to this very site, defending crazy right-wing theories and supporting the worst simpletons who have access to a computer keyboard in the good ol' US of A. Want to estimate how many hours of the day Tricia spends on this irrelevant site? Four? Five? Wouldn't it qualify as "pathetic" to organize one's entire mornings about being the first to post some answer about who's the real housewife bound for rehab? And to brag about these skills?

by Anonymousreply 31April 16, 2020 7:04 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!