Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Scalp psoriasis

I’ve never had this before in my life. I am stressed out a ton, as we all are. It itches and the scans are huge. Am I condemned to this forever? Also the Walmart line here in nyc is crazy long. What natural cures?

by Anonymousreply 14March 30, 2020 12:42 AM

Use the Nuetrogena extra strength coal tar shampoo, it doesn't cure it but is the best at controlling symptoms.

by Anonymousreply 1March 29, 2020 10:39 PM

OP = Worse than Coronavirus Hitler

by Anonymousreply 2March 29, 2020 10:47 PM

Yep, T-Gel shampoo worked for me as a preventative measure. Also, try Scalpicin for after the fact. I've also used rubbing alcohol in a pinch. Just be careful not to drip any into your eyes. Hurts like a bitch.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3March 29, 2020 10:51 PM

There are no Wal-Marts in NYC, troll/OP.

by Anonymousreply 4March 29, 2020 11:02 PM

There is not cure. What do you have at home? I would say avoid soap and anything drying on your scalp. Do you have oatmeal? Do you have moisturizer of any kind? Coconut oil? Jojoba Oil? Disinfect with very mild liquid soap in water with a tiny spash of bleach. Yes bleach. Rinse clear and put on moisturizer while your scalp is humid.

by Anonymousreply 5March 29, 2020 11:50 PM

R4. I meant Walgreens. Ya fat cunt.

by Anonymousreply 6March 29, 2020 11:56 PM

I periodically use a pine tar soap made by a lovely hippie in New Mexico. She also makes a fantastic thing calked Rescue Me for burns, bug bites and so on. ziryabs.com

by Anonymousreply 7March 30, 2020 12:02 AM

Nizoral 2% Shampoo, leave in on 10-20 minutes before you shower.

If it's really bad Bettamousse (Betamethasone Valerate) foam, apply before bed.

Probably both RX in the US though.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8March 30, 2020 12:12 AM

My dad has had it for 30 years. Sunlight seems to help slightly.

by Anonymousreply 9March 30, 2020 12:13 AM

I had it pretty bad as a teenager, but Selsun Blue shampoo seemed to help a lot with it. Gradually it just eased off over the years. You have to train yourself not to scratch or pick at the scaly patches, just be sure to clean them well when washing your hair.

by Anonymousreply 10March 30, 2020 12:17 AM

Tea Tree Oil...but research it first

by Anonymousreply 11March 30, 2020 12:21 AM

R8 Has it right. I used to have VERY bad dermatitis on my scalp. Ketoconazole Shampoo works pretty good. I have a prescription from my dermatologist for a stronger version of Nizoral.

by Anonymousreply 12March 30, 2020 12:29 AM

Years ago I developed this and there was only a couple of things that worked for me. Problem is, they are European products and I am not sure if you can get them shipped right now : Nivea Men Dandruff (with menthol ) or Eucerin Anti Dandruff. Try checking eBay or Amazon. Whatever you do, avoid shampoos with emollient oils (coconut, olive ). Olive oil has actually been shown to make it worse .

by Anonymousreply 13March 30, 2020 12:34 AM

OHHHH psoriasis. I take back my inappropriate armchair advice at R5, which was for eczema.

by Anonymousreply 14March 30, 2020 12:42 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!