Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Covid-19 cases are being denied and/or under reported in my area.

Is this happening to anyone in a red state?

I have heard of three cases in the last few days, where people say they know these people are in the hospital with Covid-19, and that it has been confirmed. However, when I do searches for these cases in my area, they are not being reported.

One is being denied, and the other one is being muddied, and no one really knows what’s going on.

The first case happened in a church, where one girl exposed tons of people. Her dad for sure has it. He is hospitalized in a different state. She flew into this area, and went to church, and allegedly tested positive when she went to the hospital because she was sick.

The other person who allegedly tested positive, just had chemotherapy and radiation therapies for cancer. He recovered well, went back to work, got Covid-19, and allegedly exposed many to the virus.

All being denied. Not one prop in the paper about the second case. The first case is now being denied, and the pastor of the church is telling everyone that it’s OK to go back to church and that it was a lie, I guess? However, I did read about the first case in the paper, several weeks back.

I am genuinely concerned that some areas will not be told the truth about this virus, and that some of us will for sure get sick because people are being greedy and irresponsible.

I am starting to realize that I am living in an area that may be at higher risk than many, because of corrupt local politicians and local businesses owners.

by Anonymousreply 14March 30, 2020 2:37 AM

My county (Esmeralda) still has no reported cases, but that's because there is no testing here, no treatement here, and in fact no health srvices at all. It's a no-man's land. If the virus hit here probably everyone would die.

by Anonymousreply 1March 29, 2020 8:29 PM

It doesn't seem like red states are testing. Probably to help Trump keep the "numbers" down. Look at the death rate. A high death rate with a low instance of infected means the population of infected is much higher than what is being reported.

by Anonymousreply 2March 29, 2020 8:35 PM

R1, allegedly, our local healthcare services have received test kits. When I go on different websites to confirm the cases I’ve heard about so far, there’s nothing. However, the word is getting out via social media.

But not a peep, officially. There’s reports of other cases that are being confirmed in nearby counties. The people most at risk here are the poor, African American communities, as well as the elderly.

R2, agreed. Even with tests available, that scenario is possible and probable, due to the incubation period and its varied time line on different persons, ranging from completely asymptomatic, to 4 and even 6 weeks.

by Anonymousreply 3March 29, 2020 8:38 PM

Also, check out the individual page views on this post. Within minutes, it’s in the 40s.

I dunno.

by Anonymousreply 4March 29, 2020 8:39 PM

It's a fact they aren't being as up front as they should, either because they can't (not adequate enough measures), or they won't -- but they aren't. The mayor in NYC has been caught trying to prevent transparency, so it's definitely going on.

by Anonymousreply 5March 29, 2020 8:59 PM

There are some people I know who sneezed twice and decided that they had the “Rona” but they couldn’t get tested.

I do believe that cases are being underreported mostly because we don’t have enough tests. At he same time, I take second and third hand information about case lbs with a grain of salt.

by Anonymousreply 6March 29, 2020 9:14 PM

At the same time*, About cases*, not lbs... Le sigh and oh dear!

by Anonymousreply 7March 29, 2020 9:16 PM

I have 2 friends in NYC that almost certainly had mild cases who are now better and were never tested.

by Anonymousreply 8March 29, 2020 9:22 PM

R8, allegedly, another person tested positive in the local Walmart, where I just came from, actually. I wore my gear, but still.

Anyhow, I was told that no one would tell the employees who it is, or who was exposed to this person, & everyone still has to show up to work, as usual.

I’m really friendly with the folks who work there, & they keep me posted. I’m afraid that this is going to get out of control here, & it will be too late to stop it, because employees are either being lied to, or threatened with their jobs, if they share the info with others.

by Anonymousreply 9March 29, 2020 10:35 PM

I'm in CT. The CTPost has a town by town breakdown of the number of people with confirmed cases of COVID-19. My town went from 8 to 14 in the last week. I had a head cold when the state ordered the bars and restaurants closed but recovered within a week. Wondered if I had it but as far as I know no one else I was with at that time got sick.

by Anonymousreply 10March 29, 2020 10:44 PM

I'm in CT. The CTPost has a town by town breakdown of the number of people with confirmed cases of COVID-19. My town went from 8 to 14 in the last week. I had a head cold when the state ordered the bars and restaurants closed but recovered within a week. Wondered if I had it but as far as I know no one else I was with at that time got sick.

by Anonymousreply 11March 29, 2020 10:44 PM

Don't know it's DL or my mouse that keeps double posting.

R10, R11

by Anonymousreply 12March 29, 2020 10:46 PM

Trump is still hoping Nebraska, Idaho and Iowa will get back to work soon.

by Anonymousreply 13March 30, 2020 2:30 AM

I don't know about now, but a month ago my blue state wasn't reporting all COVID closures. I heard from a classmate of mine that his teen brother's high school was closed down due to a confirmed case among the students. I googled the name of the high school, and no media reported on it.

by Anonymousreply 14March 30, 2020 2:37 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!