Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Trump says the US will NOT pay for Harry & Meghan's security protection

Donald J. Trump @realDonaldTrump

I am a great friend and admirer of the Queen & the United Kingdom. It was reported that Harry and Meghan, who left the Kingdom, would reside permanently in Canada. Now they have left Canada for the U.S. however, the U.S. will not pay for their security protection. They must pay!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 167April 1, 2020 4:10 PM

[Quote] Lenny Dykstra @LennyDykstra Replying to @realDonaldTrump Someone have #Meghan’s contact information? She’s in Southern California, right? I’d hate not to be hospitable... gotta invite her out to dinner! Have her get in touch. Meghan, I know $’s now tight... don’t worry. NAILS’S TREAT! More treats after dinner ... ; )

by Anonymousreply 1March 29, 2020 8:18 PM

Well, we know he lies ... constantly. I wouldn't be surprised if months from now some intrepid investigative reporter discovers he lied about this.

by Anonymousreply 2March 29, 2020 8:18 PM

Someone who definitely has their priorities in order.

by Anonymousreply 3March 29, 2020 8:22 PM

Jesus, do I actually agree with something Trump said??

by Anonymousreply 4March 29, 2020 8:22 PM

It would be just like hm to want to offer a favor to the BRF sub rosa so as to earn a chip to be cashed later.

by Anonymousreply 5March 29, 2020 8:26 PM

Ha! HA!

HAHAHAHAHA

by Anonymousreply 6March 29, 2020 8:27 PM

Did they even ask for it?

by Anonymousreply 7March 29, 2020 8:28 PM

The Orange Turd doth protest too much.

He knows those fuckers in the royal family hate him (and liked Obama). Turd has probably contemplated helping pay for security to try to ingratiate himself.

by Anonymousreply 8March 29, 2020 8:29 PM

Three cunts

by Anonymousreply 9March 29, 2020 8:31 PM

I really don’t want my tax dollars to pay for the security for those 2 cunts

by Anonymousreply 10March 29, 2020 8:32 PM

The only place they could go that would worship them as they desire would be Africa.

But ew.

by Anonymousreply 11March 29, 2020 8:34 PM

Why the fuck would anyone even think that we would? We are not a commonwealth country. What a fucking bizarre post, even by Trump's standards.

by Anonymousreply 12March 29, 2020 8:35 PM

Harry and Meghan left the royal family at the worst time possible, just as this pandemic was about to take place. No one should have to pay for their security, whether it's Canada or the USA. Harry is in a mess - he's married to someone who is high maintenance and now he has to get her off her pampered ass so she can get out and get some acting jobs (if there are ay left) in order to help pay the bills. During this crisis no one gives two shits about this clueless royal couple.

by Anonymousreply 13March 29, 2020 8:36 PM

This is just Trump telling on himself and how his family abuses Secret Service protection.

by Anonymousreply 14March 29, 2020 8:36 PM

I agree with Anusmouth. That money ought to be spent on ventilators or similar for critically I'll people or for PPE for American Health Care Providers.

Let their rich family float them a loan.

I wish them no I'll, but they are NOT our responsibility.

by Anonymousreply 15March 29, 2020 8:37 PM

Thank god that this will distract people from his incompetence on his Covid19 response.

also

SQUIRREL!

by Anonymousreply 16March 29, 2020 8:37 PM

Because that decision will address the COVID-19 crisis.

by Anonymousreply 17March 29, 2020 8:38 PM

Ugh, both 'I'll's should be 'ill'. Sorry!

by Anonymousreply 18March 29, 2020 8:38 PM

Why on earth would anyone think the U.S. would be on the hook for H&M's security in the first place? We all know the nation's security budget is blown taking care of Corona-in-Chief and his numerous "essential" golf properties.

by Anonymousreply 19March 29, 2020 8:39 PM

Yes, they are asking for security and diplomatic immunity.

by Anonymousreply 20March 29, 2020 8:39 PM

Just wait till Liz says or does something to piss Herr Trump off. Then there'll be National Guard 24/7 watching the Sussex-Montbatten-Markles.

by Anonymousreply 21March 29, 2020 8:39 PM

We're in the middle of a health crisis and this is what this idiot is busy worrying about!

by Anonymousreply 22March 29, 2020 8:39 PM

R14 YES. He thinks it's a given that the American taxpayer should be enthusiastic to pay for his family's weekly VACATION protection. How many hundreds of millions are we at now? And the nerve of Republicans thinking 1,200 to each taxpayer that earns less than 75k is an extravagant gift.

by Anonymousreply 23March 29, 2020 8:41 PM

Given Trumps usual negotiating ability Liz will have him on the hook for an entire company of marines stationed in Bel Air within a week.

by Anonymousreply 24March 29, 2020 8:41 PM

They're A- celebrities over here. They'll only have to pay for Paltrow level private security. No military will be deployed.

by Anonymousreply 25March 29, 2020 8:43 PM

[quote]They're A- celebrities over here.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26March 29, 2020 8:50 PM

The Queen doesn't negotiate with anyone r21, she's not a politician or a diplomat or an official.

by Anonymousreply 27March 29, 2020 9:00 PM

OMG, was he throwing a bone to idiots who hate them by publicizing this when we have far more serious matters?

Don't fucking pay for them, but he only announced it because they shunned him. How stupid are you fuckers that you're so quick to lick his taint over this when you know he's just being a petty asshole and it's about him. Had they kissed his ass, i wouldn't doubt for even a second he'd pay for their security.

by Anonymousreply 28March 29, 2020 9:01 PM

So the UK taxpayers are stuck paying for Harry and Meghan's big adventure.

by Anonymousreply 29March 29, 2020 9:01 PM

They never asked Trump to pay for their security.

He continues to be an asshole

by Anonymousreply 30March 29, 2020 9:04 PM

R29 No. They're living in exile by choice.

by Anonymousreply 31March 29, 2020 9:04 PM

Wait.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32March 29, 2020 9:05 PM

Private funding must mean the Queen or Charles. Otherwise they would have said they're paying it themselves.

by Anonymousreply 33March 29, 2020 9:06 PM

As a Brit I find it highly embarrassing that these two grifters are floating from country to country expecting everyone else to pay for them, especially at a time when people are losing their jobs and struggling to pay their rent and mortgage.

by Anonymousreply 34March 29, 2020 9:07 PM

Who fucking thought we would be, idiot Donny?

by Anonymousreply 35March 29, 2020 9:08 PM

Why would he tweet this?

Did they tweet him asking?

Is it his attempt to divert attention from CV?

Seriously, he's not wrong, but this is what is on his mind in the middle of a crisis?

by Anonymousreply 36March 29, 2020 9:11 PM

Nobody asked, Herr Trump! Now shut the hell up and negotiate yuge ventilator deals.

by Anonymousreply 37March 29, 2020 9:11 PM

[quote]As a Brit I find it highly embarrassing that these two grifters are floating from country to country expecting everyone else to pay for them, especially at a time when people are losing their jobs and struggling to pay their rent and mortgage.

Christ, no wonder you imbeciles have Boris as a leader. You're stupider than Americans - at least we know the majority DIDN'T vote for Trump, what's your excuse?

They never said they expected the US to pay their security, TRUMP just chose to say it.

by Anonymousreply 38March 29, 2020 9:14 PM

Of courses they expected it.

by Anonymousreply 39March 29, 2020 9:19 PM

They probably came here because lockdown is stricter in Canada and in the UK finally. In LA they can still send staff for toilet paper. Also people keep assuming they are poor. I think Harry inherited a lot of money, relatively speaking, from Diana, that has probably been well-invested. Also he probably stands to inherit when the Queen dies. She can probably have her own QVC channel and be set for life if all else fails. Anyway, they won't be going out much in the next few months is my guess LOL.

by Anonymousreply 40March 29, 2020 9:20 PM

R36 A lot of people online were wondering (including right here on DL) and he gave them a quick answer so Smirk and Scowl would know in advance not to even bother applying. Now watch them escape to Australia to sponge off them for a few months. They're going to run out of Commonwealth countries (marks) soon enough.

by Anonymousreply 41March 29, 2020 9:20 PM

Also now that she's in LA, grammy can babysit for free. Actually, I believe Meghan actually might be close to her mother, who may not have much family (have no idea).

by Anonymousreply 42March 29, 2020 9:23 PM

Wow...the grifting couple are not welcome wherever they live. I don't see any celebs receiving these two leeches with open arms on their arrival in LA.

by Anonymousreply 43March 29, 2020 9:24 PM

And this quickly turns into a

S T E A L T H

M + H

B A S H I N G

T H R E A D

by Anonymousreply 44March 29, 2020 9:27 PM

I'd rather pay for H & M's security than for Trump's.

by Anonymousreply 45March 29, 2020 9:31 PM

[quote] Harry and Meghan left the royal family at the worst time possible, just as this pandemic was about to take place. No one should have to pay for their security, whether it's Canada or the USA.

They will return to the UK by the end of the year. There is simply no way they can afford to live overseas. The virus will probably serve as some face-saving cover. Then in a year or two quietly they will divorce and Meghan will fuck back off to LA.

by Anonymousreply 46March 29, 2020 9:35 PM

There's been no public request, but who knows what's been said behind the scenes. It's kind of pathetic you fraus think you are privy to all the mechanations and communications of the royal family.

by Anonymousreply 47March 29, 2020 9:37 PM

And its pathetic you think Trump tells the truth about anything.

by Anonymousreply 48March 29, 2020 9:42 PM

Bullshit red meat for Trump’s idiotic base. Harry is wealthy and his family is tremendously wealthy. He can afford to do whatever the fuck he chooses.

Meanwhile the real grifters are Trump and his parasitic family!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49March 29, 2020 9:44 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50March 29, 2020 9:45 PM

[quote] And its pathetic you think Trump tells the truth about anything.

Oh dear I see I have to clarify myself for the retards. I don't think he tells the truth about anything. But the fact is that he tweeted about Harry and Meghan today. He could have done that for any reason.

by Anonymousreply 51March 29, 2020 9:49 PM

The only reason the fat slob even made this unsolicited statement is so he could look rough and tough to his retarded base, most of whom are poor as church mice.

by Anonymousreply 52March 29, 2020 9:52 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53March 29, 2020 9:53 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54March 29, 2020 9:54 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55March 29, 2020 9:55 PM

[quote]Of courses they expected it.

Your hate for them is not a reliable source. Link to them requesting American taxpayers fund their security.

by Anonymousreply 56March 29, 2020 9:55 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57March 29, 2020 9:56 PM

[quote]Harry is wealthy and his family is tremendously wealthy. He can afford to do whatever the fuck he chooses.

Then why were they sucking at Canada's teat, not more than two weeks ago for security funding? I'm sure the Canadian tax payers were thrilled to fund their little Canadian adventure.

by Anonymousreply 58March 29, 2020 9:57 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59March 29, 2020 9:59 PM

I get that this site has been taken over by psychotic people who hate these two and will start a thread if they so much as fart and then claim they are responsible for global warming because of their flatulence problem, but you always manage to sink even lower in that obsession to hate. There is not a single shred of evidence that they even requested American taxpayers fund their stay in the US. Trump has made comments about her in the past because they have made their feelings clear about him and that's the only reason that petty, old, fat, orange idiot tweeted that today.

You look like idiots validating this asshole's obsession with celebrities.

by Anonymousreply 60March 29, 2020 10:01 PM

[quote] Then why were they sucking at Canada's teat, not more than two weeks ago for security funding? I'm sure the Canadian tax payers were thrilled to fund their little Canadian adventure.

Canada automatically provided “intermittent” security an an “as needed basis” It’s not something that they requested. When their status changed Canada stopped.

[quote] "As the Duke and Duchess are currently recognized as Internationally Protected Persons, Canada has an obligation to provide security assistance on an as-needed basis. At the request of the Metropolitan Police, the RCMP has been providing assistance to the Met since the arrival of the Duke and Duchess to Canada intermittently since November 2019. The assistance will cease in the coming weeks, in keeping with their change in status."

by Anonymousreply 61March 29, 2020 10:07 PM

R56 Here you go:

“...Now, as the Times first reported, some important language has disappeared from the "finances" section of Sussexroyal.com. Originally, the website explained that Meghan and Harry expected to retain their publicly-funded security, despite pursuing financial independence. Read the original version below:

“The provision of armed security by The Metropolitan Police is mandated by the Home Office, a ministerial department of Her Majesty’s Government, responsible for security and law & order. The Duke and Duchess of Sussex are classified as internationally protected people which mandates this level of security. As As stated on gov.uk, “No breakdown of security costs is available as disclosure of such information could compromise the integrity of these arrangements and affect the security of the individuals protected. It is long established policy not to comment upon the protective security arrangements and their related costs for members of the Royal Family or their residences.”

“The updated text on the website now excludes this key claim: "The Duke and Duchess of Sussex are classified as internationally protected people which mandates this level of security." The concept of "internationally protected people" has a specific legal meaning; it was first introduced in a 1973 United Nations convention, and in the UK in the form of the the 1978 Internationally Protected Persons Act.”

Absolutely they were expecting the government of every country they lived in, including the United States, to pay for their security.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62March 29, 2020 10:17 PM

The level of entitlement is mind-boggling, particularly in the midst of a global medical and economic crisis. People are worried about paying rent and feeding their children, and these two assholes want millions of dollars in publically funded private security. Fuck them with EXTREME prejudice.

by Anonymousreply 63March 29, 2020 10:23 PM

I wouldn't, R45, and I can't stand Trump. But he's President, and his position merits taxpayer-funded security. However, badly he does the job, the Secret Service protection comes with the job.

Harry and Meghan are doing no public service at all anymore. The public shouldn't pay for a damn thing these two receive.

by Anonymousreply 64March 29, 2020 10:25 PM

I was team Meghan for a long time, but she's shown her true colors and I don't quite care for her anymore.

If they want security, they can pay for it themselves, like every other celebrity, because that's what they are.

by Anonymousreply 65March 29, 2020 10:37 PM

The dailymail had a huge story yesterday about America potentially paying for their security protection. Let's just say it didn't go over to well in the comment section with people here in the US.

No one wants to pay for those two. I don't either, and I don't blame the commenters on the dailymail either for feeling the way they do. Eventhough most of them are racists. Their still right that America shouldn't be on the hook to finance their security.

by Anonymousreply 66March 29, 2020 10:37 PM

[quote] I wouldn't, [R45], and I can't stand Trump. But he's President, and his position merits taxpayer-funded security. However, badly he does the job, the Secret Service protection comes with the job. Harry and Meghan are doing no public service at all anymore. The public shouldn't pay for a damn thing these two receive.

1. HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS OF TAX PAYER DOLLARS spent at Trump properties is in NO WAY merited by his position as president.

2. MILLIONS OF TAX PAYER DOLLARS spent of his ADULT children’s travel is in no way merited by his position as president.

3. There is no CREDIBLE FACTUAL info regarding a request for security from Meagan and Harry. There is CREDIBLE FACTUAL info regarding CA or the feds providing security.

4. They can afford to pay for their own fucking security. Which they will no doubt do. They have money. The royal family has money.

5. They grifter in chief and his parasitic children should be in jail.

by Anonymousreply 67March 29, 2020 10:37 PM

[quote] The dailymail had a huge story yesterday about America potentially paying for their security protection.

The Daily Mail is a right wing gossip rag owned by Rupert Murdoch (or as he’s also known Satan). Yes the same man who owns Fox News. What is it that you people don’t seem to understand about the publication?

by Anonymousreply 68March 29, 2020 10:39 PM

Did they even ask?

by Anonymousreply 69March 29, 2020 10:46 PM

Harry & Meghan have said their security arrangements in the US have already been taken care of and never had any thought of asking the US government to pay one dime for their protection.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70March 29, 2020 10:47 PM

I'm more than sure their security arrangements were set up before they even left Canada.

by Anonymousreply 71March 29, 2020 10:48 PM

sMEG has already introduced herself to some tech billionaires at the JP Morgan summit in February and probably is on secret chat groups on their WhatsApp now. I guess she will start fucking her way around California so that she doesn't have to come back to the UK when they run out of money to burn in the near future. A whore is always a whore.

by Anonymousreply 72March 29, 2020 10:48 PM

Harry and Meghan didn’t ask - they announced that their security would be paid for.

And were apparently surprised when people objected.

by Anonymousreply 73March 29, 2020 10:50 PM

Harry still thinks only the British tabloids hate him - it’s bizarre.

by Anonymousreply 74March 29, 2020 10:52 PM

The majority didn't vote for Boris either, r38. We have an undemocratic first-past-the-post system, which is probably even worse than your electoral college.

by Anonymousreply 75March 29, 2020 10:53 PM

R46, unfortunately if Meghan is in the UK then she cannot fuck off back to the US because she won't be able to take Archie with her. This is nothing to do with Harry being a royal but is standard in all countries that if a couple with kids splits up then the one with custody cannot take the child to live abroad with them. This is how Meghan knows that she has got Harry tied to her for life, or at least the next 18 years because if they split up in the US then Archie will have to stay there.

by Anonymousreply 76March 29, 2020 10:56 PM

They didn't ask America to pay for a single thing

by Anonymousreply 77March 29, 2020 11:00 PM

Indeed, r62. It's quite obvious, to me at any rate, that Harry is extremely entitled and assumes that the whole world is going to fall at his feet because of his royal status. Meghan also bought into this, which is why she became so high and mighty.

When Harry was a senior royal if he undertook a private trip to the US (as with his Las Vegas incident) or went anywhere in the world on vacation he would automatically have had part of his security paid by the government of that country. He quite clearly assumed this situation would continue when he was no longer a full-time working royal too.

R77, by making a big deal out of being "internationally protected persons" they quite clearly did assume that whichever country they went to would have to pay part of their security.

by Anonymousreply 78March 29, 2020 11:04 PM

If Harry and Meghan were delusional to think their security should be paid as some sort of privilege for them living in the United States, then they're in a rude awakening. If the President has so much time to tweet about something so insignificant as this while we are living in a crisis, then he's a bigger idiot than Harry and Meghan could ever be.

by Anonymousreply 79March 29, 2020 11:06 PM

Laughing at these fools who insist they never asked. H&M first announced without confirming that their security costs were a mandated expense by the MPs, then they had to walk that back. They did in fact rely on the Canadian government to cover their security costs for the entirety of their extended “vacation” and then fake move to Vancouver and hightailed it out of there as that coverage was about to end. (So much for devotion to serving the Commonwealth.) Their security on previous trips to the US (including the baby shower) were covered in part by the US in partnership with the UK. So you can bet your ass that at the very least they “explored” what of their security costs might be publicly funded in the US and got yet another resounding smack down. Trump is a grandstanding jackass, but so are those 2 dimwits. They will scavenge for every freebie they can get.

by Anonymousreply 80March 29, 2020 11:09 PM

They are enormously unpopular everywhere.

by Anonymousreply 81March 29, 2020 11:09 PM

[quote]The Daily Mail is a right wing gossip rag owned by Rupert Murdoch (or as he’s also known Satan). Yes the same man who owns Fox News. What is it that you people don’t seem to understand about the publication?

R68, do you enjoy embarassing yourself? Yes, the Daily Mail is a right-wing gossip rag but it is not owned by Rupert Murdoch. So, no, it is not owned by the same man who owns Fox News. What is it that you don't seem to understand about the publication?

And, FYI, while much of the Mail is right-wing pap, it is very on the ball with most of its gossip stories. If it makes an assertion about an event or a fact I'm inclined to believe there is some substance to it. He said/she said stuff less so, but the Mail is too savvy to make up stuff about the royals that can be disproved or is blatantly false.

The celebrity section of the Mail and the news section are in any case in a battle with each other and even the news section of the Mail has much improved since the odious Paul Dacre retired and the somewhat reasonable Geordie Greig took over.

by Anonymousreply 82March 29, 2020 11:12 PM

[quote] People are worried about paying rent and feeding their children, and these two assholes want millions of dollars in publically funded private security.

They didn't ask. They didn't say anything about America or any other country providing their security. This was all made up by the daily mail. Why do you fools believe this shit? No one even knows where they are. There hasn't been a sighting of them in Canada or Los Angeles

the fucking daily mail has reported 4 or 5 different homes Harry and Meghan were supposed to buy. All false. And that's on top of the 3 different people who supposedly owned the home they were staying at in Vancouver. The mail just makes shit up and you losers believe all of it. You must be trump supporters. You will fall for any tall tale

by Anonymousreply 83March 29, 2020 11:12 PM

He only posted this to brag (lie) about being the Queen's great friend.

by Anonymousreply 84March 29, 2020 11:14 PM

Okay we'll pay, but they have to live in rural Idaho.

And Harry has to shave his head.

by Anonymousreply 85March 29, 2020 11:15 PM

The mail also posted how selfish they were to stay away from England during this time. They actually expected them to return to England. That's despite the WORLD WIDE PANDEMIC that is killing tens of thousands of people all over the world

And the dumbest mother fuckers on earth that read the daily mail like it is absolute truth, all posted that Meghan and Harry were terrible to stay away. You dumb cunts even posted it here, how Harry should go visit his dad. Even donald trump is smarter than most of you. How does that feel to be so stupid? A lot of you think this is a hoax or it's being hyped by the media. America deserves everything they get.

by Anonymousreply 86March 29, 2020 11:16 PM

Poor little r86 thinks that if he bashes the Daily Mail that's going to make H&M seem less full of shit than they actually are.

by Anonymousreply 87March 29, 2020 11:17 PM

They never asked for protection, and have released a statement that they are paying private security for it.

by Anonymousreply 88March 29, 2020 11:22 PM

If Harry and Meghan can fly on a private jet to the US, then they could have flown on a private jet to the UK instead.

It’s not like Harry’s Dad is sick or anything...

by Anonymousreply 89March 29, 2020 11:23 PM

R87, believes everything in the daily mail and donald trump

And he's proud of it. These types of people are amazing. Amazingly stupid. They don't believe in facts or anything. It's not enough that they are ignorant, it's the fact that they are so PROUD of being ignorant. They wear it like a badge of fucking honor

Go on R87, run along and watch the dumb president's press conference, where he takes back every single thing he said last week

by Anonymousreply 90March 29, 2020 11:23 PM

R89, Ladies and Gentlemen, is one of the stupidest mother fuckers on earth. A trump supporting, moron.

He or she, expects Harry to go all over the world during a PANDEMIC, that is easily spread. It's obvious you don't know a single thing about the Coronavirus

Where is the proof that Harry and Meghan are even in Los Angeles? Where?, Show me? I'm waiting. You're just making shit up

by Anonymousreply 91March 29, 2020 11:27 PM

[quote] they could have flown on a private jet to the UK instead.

This is an example of a retarded person in their natural habitat. A trump supporting moron who doesn't even have a 5th grade level understanding of biology, but is going to go on talking about things they know nothing and I mean NOTHING about

by Anonymousreply 92March 29, 2020 11:29 PM

R91, I guess they will be suing People for publishing falsehoods.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 93March 29, 2020 11:32 PM

I'm confused why it's so unfathomable for someone to fly on a private jet anywhere they want...if H&M WANTED to go to the UK, they can easily do that.

by Anonymousreply 94March 29, 2020 11:32 PM

ONCE AGAIN:

For All Those Saying H & M Did Not Request Security:

READ THEIR MEGXIT MANIFESTO

In it, they claimed to be “Internationally Protected Persons” who are stipulated to be provided government security of a country.

They were provided Taxpayer-funded security in Canada.

They were provided US funded security for M’s Baby Shower in NY.

Not a big stretch with all the entitlements that the Harkles demand, that they would “expect” security from “someone else”.

What have they done since squatting in an Oligarch’s mansion in November 2019 to warrant taxpayer-funded security?

by Anonymousreply 95March 29, 2020 11:39 PM

Those losers are not taking a dime from my $133m golfing expenses. Ha!

by Anonymousreply 96March 29, 2020 11:43 PM

[quote] READ THEIR MEGXIT MANIFESTO In it, they claimed to be “Internationally Protected Persons” who are stipulated to be provided government security of a country.

No such claim has been made. I mentioned earlier that Canadian law classified them as “Internationally Protected” and because of that temporaries provided “intermittent security” on an “as needed basis.” It was not something that they requested. And it was only temporary and intermittent. Their statement briefly mentions the need for security.

It is agreed that The Duke and Duchess of Sussex will continue to require effective security to protect them and their son. This is based on The Duke’s public profile by virtue of being born into The Royal Family, his military service, the Duchess’ own independent profile, and the shared threat and risk level documented specifically over the last few years. No further details can be shared as this is classified information for safety reasons.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 97March 30, 2020 12:46 AM

R97

Disagree. They claimed (and continue to claim via Telegraph’s report that Harry has ”Diplomat” status) that they are IPPs.

And also, why did they “greedily accept Canadian-taxpayer-funded security” while crashing in a Russian Oligarch’s Canadian mansion and Doing Absolutely Nothing For Canada?

by Anonymousreply 98March 30, 2020 12:52 AM

UK's Prince Harry, wife Meghan, do not need U.S. help for security costs, spokeswoman says

WASHINGTON — Britain’s Prince Harry and his wife, Meghan, have no plans to ask the U.S. government for help with security costs, the couple said in a statement on Sunday in response to a tweet from President Donald Trump that the United States would not pay for their protection.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 99March 30, 2020 12:53 AM

The Daily Telegraph has been politically conservative in modern times.[34] The personal links between the paper's editors and the leadership of the Conservative Party, along with the paper's generally right-wing stance and influence over Conservative activists, have resulted in the paper commonly being referred to, especially in Private Eye, as the Torygraph

by Anonymousreply 100March 30, 2020 12:57 AM

As someone said on another thread:

[quote] This just keeps getting better and better.

Keep it up Harkles. You are continuing to engender rising anger and resentment from the UK, Canada and now The United States.

by Anonymousreply 101March 30, 2020 12:58 AM

[quote] Keep it up Harkles. You are continuing to engender rising anger and resentment from the UK, Canada and now The United States.

No one but you obsessed morons give a fuck about these stupid tabloid lies. Most people have much more important things to think about.

by Anonymousreply 102March 30, 2020 1:03 AM

I think it’s absolutely hilarious that they have to make it known that they weren’t asking for the US to pay for their security.

It’s like the bum waking into the bodega waving a $5 bill, yelling “I got money this time. I can pay!”

by Anonymousreply 103March 30, 2020 1:04 AM

[quote] No one but you obsessed morons give a fuck about these stupid tabloid lies. Most people have much more important things to think about.

Ha ha. Getting angry are we, Harkl....er, R102?

In case it’s missed your attention, many of us have quite a bit of time on our hands, of late.

by Anonymousreply 104March 30, 2020 1:07 AM

[quote] I think it’s absolutely hilarious that they have to make it known that they weren’t asking for the US to pay for their security.

I think it's absolutely hilarious that you have to demonstrate what a pathologically brain damaged person you are regarding these two people. Face it, no matter what, you will always be, well, you, and they will always be international celebrities & multimillionaires,

by Anonymousreply 105March 30, 2020 1:13 AM

This is illogical R97. You say the Harkles did not request security:

[quote]No such claim has been made.

Then you say,

[quote] Their statement briefly mentions the need for security.

Your statements and logic lack credence and coherence.

(P.S.The ORIGINAL Megxit Manifesto (that has since been taken down) included the statement that they considered themselves “International Protected Persons”.)

by Anonymousreply 106March 30, 2020 1:14 AM

[quote] Face it, no matter what, you will always be, well, you, and they will always be international celebrities & multimillionaires,

Am not the poster you responded to, R105, but “celebrities” can be loathed and infamous. The Grifting Former Royals (H & M) seem to be headed in that direction.

And if they are such “millionaires”, why don’t the repay everyday Canadians all the millions that was spent on their security costs.? Whilst they were “squatting” in Canada?

by Anonymousreply 107March 30, 2020 1:21 AM

Muriel, the Klan Grannies are here, spewing their vile racism. Please paywall this thread as you have so many other Klan threads.

by Anonymousreply 108March 30, 2020 1:22 AM

I don't believe Trump. I think their secretly getting US taxpayer funded security, and I don't like it. I think them American people are being lied to. Just wait, it's all going to come out that we've been paying for their security and all hell is going to break lose. People are going to be pissed about having to fund "Royalty" in America. Our country is not apart of the common wealth system that the monarchy reigns over.

People are already talking about the constitution and how it's anti monarchy. I hope we're not paying to fund security for them, that would be disgusting considering the fact that they along with the BRF have so much $$$ to spare. America shouldn't be on the hook for any security funding for those too. Their rich as fuck.

by Anonymousreply 109March 30, 2020 1:26 AM

[quote] Muriel, the Klan Grannies are here, spewing their vile racism. Please paywall this thread as you have so many other Klan threads.

Come on, R108. Cannot you come up with a decent response?

Just because you cannot defend the baseless Grifting and abhorrent behaviour of H and M, you spit the dummy and cry “way-cyst”, for the SLIGHT increase in melanin in a soon-to-be-former royal’s skin.

These tired tropes are not working any longer. It’s bulls***, and many, many know it.

Someone’s appalling behaviour cannot be explained away due to the colour of their skin.

If it is, and threads are shut down because you act out like a “Klan Troll”, then that is the genuine racism.

by Anonymousreply 110March 30, 2020 1:31 AM

Why should they? If they want security let them pay for it like any other millionaire. It would be weird if the us paid

by Anonymousreply 111March 30, 2020 1:31 AM

I cannot believe the number of people here who actually believe that one H&M asked for USA paid security and two that the USA id paying for their security. The hatred of MM has blinded some of you to the ability to exercise common sense.

by Anonymousreply 112March 30, 2020 1:36 AM

R107, there is not a single millionaire out there who would spend their own money when they can spend someone elses.

by Anonymousreply 113March 30, 2020 1:37 AM

[quote] I cannot believe the number of people here who actually believe that one H&M asked for USA paid security

I cannot believe the number of Canadian taxpayers that paid for the Royals who left their home (and UK taxpayer-funded upgraded house).

And I cannot believe that The Harkles expected their stay in Canada to be paid for by Canadians when they are “ celebrities” and “millionaires” flying on private jets to other countries during a global pandemic.

by Anonymousreply 114March 30, 2020 1:41 AM

R110, your racism does not merit any kind of lengthy response. The obsession you have with this couple, evidenced over thousands of posts here since 2016, is pathological and should be treated by a psychiatrist.

by Anonymousreply 115March 30, 2020 1:43 AM

'And I cannot believe that The Harkles expected their stay in Canada to be paid for by Canadians when they are “ celebrities” and “millionaires” flying on private jets to other countries during a global pandemic.'

They are members of the royal family until the end of March, so their security was paid for by Canada, just as the security of William et al is paid when they're in Commonwealth countries. As of 31 March they're not working members of the brf so Charles is taking over the security bill. He will continue to pay it for as long as it's needed. His will will also make provision for this.

by Anonymousreply 116March 30, 2020 1:46 AM

Gee, R116, can you tell us what else is in Prince Charles' will. You really seem to have such great insider information.

by Anonymousreply 117March 30, 2020 1:49 AM

R116, they weren’t “working royals” in Canada.

They did absolutely nothing for Canada while in Canada. Except cost them millions of dollars.

Unjustifiable.

by Anonymousreply 118March 30, 2020 1:50 AM

MURIEL MURIEL MURIEL MURIEL MURIEL

Klan thread alert! Time for the paywall to silence these bitches.

by Anonymousreply 119March 30, 2020 2:02 AM

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT LIPSTICK ALLEY - Dear White ladies who are pretending to not be racist on the unpopular Meghan Markle thread found in the International Gossip section of LSA. Linking tweets from Jack Posobiec - You know the Alt Right political Activist probably isn't a good look. Having a member ATWONDERLAND who you upvoted and bantered with being banned due to racist speech isn't a good look. Oh and having the font TULIP who hosts the QANON thread and makes the Q drops daily being a daily commentor doesn't help either. On a daily basis you are outed for being the racist crap you are.

by Anonymousreply 120March 30, 2020 2:02 AM

From another blog:

[quote] Even if them asking for the US to pay for security is false, this has created a target on their backs and everyone is going to be looking even more askance at everything they do moving forward.

by Anonymousreply 121March 30, 2020 2:02 AM

by Anonymousreply 122March 30, 2020 2:03 AM

[quote] MURIEL MURIEL MURIEL MURIEL MURIEL Klan thread alert! Time for the paywall to silence these bitches.

Be a big girl now and don’t go crying to Muriel.

Just because you don’t agree with something. Geez.

Pull up your big girl pants and quit whinging, klan troll.

by Anonymousreply 123March 30, 2020 2:06 AM

Oprah and Serena Williams are not returning their calls. If that 'chill' is in they're in big trouble.

by Anonymousreply 124March 30, 2020 2:14 AM

What does it mean when the opening statement of a thread is grayed with a line through it?

by Anonymousreply 125March 30, 2020 2:20 AM

The US tabloids are gonna have FUN with these two.

by Anonymousreply 126March 30, 2020 2:21 AM

Is the queen aware that trump is her best friend?

by Anonymousreply 127March 30, 2020 2:23 AM

^^And the British.

by Anonymousreply 128March 30, 2020 2:23 AM

Trump is right on this one. No help for them. If they need to raise money she can turn tricks and he can offer his ass in we ho.

by Anonymousreply 129March 30, 2020 2:34 AM

The Daily Mail states they have some kind of production deal with OWN, the Oprah Winfrey Network. What is it?

by Anonymousreply 130March 30, 2020 2:41 AM

'What does it mean when the opening statement of a thread is grayed with a line through it?'

It means that many many people have f and f-ed it. The Klan Grannies are the most unpopular bitches on DL and this happens to most of their ugly threads.

by Anonymousreply 131March 30, 2020 2:48 AM

Yesterday, Harry's favourite press outlet the Telegraph published that Harry "fully expects to be given diplomatic status" immediately in the United States.

Meaning, he announced through his press people that he "fully expected" for the United States to pay for his protection.

For that to appear in the Daily Wail is one thing. For the Daily Telegraph, a relatively staid non-tabloid to publish it, brings it into the realm of the serious. This was likely the story which prompted Trump's equally public declaration that the answer was "No we won't - and don't ask again." He was right, but of course even stopped clocks are right twice a day.

I also find it hard to believe there have not been at least a few mentions of this situation on the near daily phone calls between WH staff and No. 10 staff. After all, the minute Harry entered the country, the WH would have been informed, and terms would have had to be discussed with No. 10 and with the Met from that day forward.

Trump shut the whole discussion down, and for the very first time since this entire long misadventure began in December, we have our very first public indication from the Harkles - ever- that they will no longer insist on absorbing taxpayer funds. A genuine first.

A good result all round. I can hardly believe it, but for once Trump's brusque rudeness has actually come in very handy. As I said, stopped clocks and all that.

by Anonymousreply 132March 30, 2020 2:59 AM

^^^ Here's the Telegraph article cited in r132

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 133March 30, 2020 3:01 AM

The Daily Telegraph has been politically conservative in modern times.[34] The personal links between the paper's editors and the leadership of the Conservative Party, along with the paper's generally right-wing stance and influence over Conservative activists, have resulted in the paper commonly being referred to, especially in Private Eye, as the Torygraph

by Anonymousreply 134March 30, 2020 3:03 AM

Harry claims he doesn’t read the news, but he will have been told about this!

by Anonymousreply 135March 30, 2020 3:04 AM

Harry apparently obsessively reads the media on him and has done since he was a teen, r135. His biographer recently cited this longtime habit as one reason he wanted out of the BRF.

The screeching from Harkle Towers tonight must be deafening.

by Anonymousreply 136March 30, 2020 3:30 AM

I don’t believe they will receive Secret Service protection because Harry is an “IPP” or dignitary.

1. Vindictive Trump doesn’t like them. The fake Greta prank call was probably the last nail in that coffin. Trump hates Greta Thunberg, and Harry was licking “her” ass and denigrating Trump. Meghan also snubbed him. Also, I do believe Trump respects QE and wants to curry her favor.

2. Paranoid Meghan wouldn’t want anyone on Trump’s payroll close to her. She didn’t even trust South African armored vehicles. Their own custom Range Rovers were shipped to them. If security is coming from Charles, it’s trustworthy. He wants his son and grandson safe. If security is provided by Trump’s government, she wouldn’t trust it.

by Anonymousreply 137March 30, 2020 9:32 AM

It was never a question that they "would receive Secret Service" detail, r137. The question is who will pay for the 12 RPOs that fly with them everywhere.

The Secret Service? For Ginge and Cringe?

Are you mad?

by Anonymousreply 138March 30, 2020 9:42 AM

The RPOs are part of the Metropolitan Police Force, part of a specially trained unit that works with the royals. Therefore, they are paid by the Met, which is to say, public monies, as the Met is funded, like any other law enforcement agency, by taxes.

If the Sussexes retain the RPOs on the Met's payroll, then the UK taxpayer is footing the bill.

However, if Meghan is telling the truth about "private" funding, it is likely because RPOs are not allowed to carry firearms, and unarmed security in a place like L.A. is a nonstarter. So it's more than possible that those RPOs are now home, and private security cleared to carry firearms have been hired by Charles.

As for Harry getting diplomatic clearance - that will cause another PR headache for the Sussexes, who have, true to form, created one such headache after another for themselves by making the same mistakes over and over and over and over and over . . . .

by Anonymousreply 139March 30, 2020 1:57 PM

Hate the mentally ill anti Meghan trolls like R139.

by Anonymousreply 140March 30, 2020 2:00 PM

R140 -

In case you haven’t noticed, much of the world is upset at the antics of Harry and Megs:

- Treating people poorly (the BRF, The Markles, Former Markle and Harry Friends, Former Staff) - Costing people millions of dollars (British Taxpayers, Canadian Taxpayers, the BRF) - Preaching hypocrisy (“Humanitarians” that treat people like dirt, claiming they are “victims” in impoverished South Africa, chastising the public for their carbon footprint, while crisscrossing the globe in private planes) -Demanding entitlements (“what Meghan wants, Meghan gets”, their Megxit Manifesto, Russian oligarch mansions)

Perhaps YOU might want to rethink that whole “mentally ill trolls thing”.

by Anonymousreply 141March 30, 2020 2:56 PM

He's NOT gonna a LOT for that muffler!

by Anonymousreply 142March 30, 2020 3:54 PM

R141 - Ffs, can't you tell you're dealing with a mentally ill woman?!

by Anonymousreply 143March 30, 2020 3:55 PM

The remind me of my pampered indoor cat who was always lurking around, looking for a way to get outside. One day he managed to jump out an open window. He soon discovered there were no soft beds, full food bowls or central heating out there, and he was howling to come back inside.

by Anonymousreply 144March 30, 2020 9:58 PM

by Anonymousreply 145March 31, 2020 1:08 AM

Harry's hiring the SAS to protect himself and Meghan from murderous Klan Grannies.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 146March 31, 2020 1:33 AM

'In case you haven’t noticed, much of the world is upset at the antics of Harry and Megs:'

'Much of the world'? The majority of people don't follow what they do and don't give a fuck. Only a mentally ill cabal of racists on social media are sat here being UPSET AND OUTRAGED by the decision of two young people to turn their backs on a corrupt institution.

by Anonymousreply 147March 31, 2020 1:35 AM

[quote] 'Much of the world'? The majority of people don't follow what they do and don't give a fuck.

Disagree.

When they are in the major papers (WaPo, NYTimes, Guardian, Telegraph, Toronto Star, Sydney Herald), noted by heads of state (Canadian PM, Pres. of US), on Insta, talked about on twitter and in the tabloids and entertainment news as a result of their Grifting demands.....

....many in the world know what is up.

And aren’t happy about it.

by Anonymousreply 148March 31, 2020 1:41 AM

^^^^Especially when citizens’ hard earned $$ goes towards their grifting luxurious lifestyle.

by Anonymousreply 149March 31, 2020 1:43 AM

R147, they're not young. She's nearly 40 and he's not far behind.

by Anonymousreply 150March 31, 2020 1:47 AM

Harry and Meghan would have earned the world's respect if they'd TRULY turned their backs on the Royal life and lived quietly on whatever money they had between them. Any country in the world would have been happy to have them under those circumstances, and no expensive personal security would have been needed after the first flurry of attention over their leaving had waned.

Instead, they are continuing to suck off the public teat and cash in on their 'royal' status while doing nothing but publicizing themselves. It's the height of hypocrisy, and they are rightly being called out for it.

by Anonymousreply 151March 31, 2020 2:12 AM

Harry and Meghan don't need a "crack security team" to protect them against media criticism and gossip, their biggest threats. It won't even help.

They do need basic security, but the whole issue has been wildly exaggerated.

by Anonymousreply 152March 31, 2020 1:02 PM

We really are flogging a dead horse here. Either Charles is paying or he settled a lump sum on Harry when Harry made it clear he isn't coming back, EVER, and the rest of the family made it clear they'd rather go to the Tower than spend another moment in Meghan Markle's company, or the UK taxpayer is on the hook and Meghan and Harry simply lied.

They've been skewered, rightly, across the board except for a few die-hard journos like Briony Gordon and Omid Scobit (who isn't really a journalist at all, and has built his career on being Markle's poodle), for their hypocrisy, opportunism, shallow values, and disgraceful behaviour toward the Queen, the BRF, and Britain itself.

They've done themselves no favours from the moment Meghan got that engagement ring on her finger. From Tiaragate on, she couldn't control her impulses toward self-aggrandisment, absolute control, contempt for her marks, and disregard for anything but her personal agenda.

In my view, they've paid a heavy price for it all, and that price will become heavier as times goes on, washes over the virus and everything else in its path, as time always does, and William and Kate move forward to their high status destiny and Meghan and Harry get left behind by a public tired of hearing about them and from them because they cut themselves off from the only thing that gave their existences any lustre.

That last said, the Harkles, especially Meghan, will be far better off than most of the rest of us, having had the good fortune to be indulged by Harry's benighted Papa and Gran, to have guaranteed incomes, even if not as high as the greedy Meghan would like, and they'll probably be fine in terms of the conditions of their lives. Meghan finally has what she's always wanted, A-list celebrity at the epicenter of vulgarity. Because, at heart, that's what she is: vulgar.

Meanwhile, even Meghan's voice-over for the Disney Elephant documentary has met with lukewarm reviews (see today's TIMES, Express, Telegraph). Even the Guardian, which only gave the piece 3 stars and did its noble best to Support The Woman Of Colour No Matter What, seems to be trying too hard.

Meghan couldn't even make a smash hit of that. I wonder what the Disney corporate capos are thinking, looking at those reviews.

by Anonymousreply 153March 31, 2020 1:27 PM

Natalie Portman's narration of Dolphin Reef is getting the reviews Meghan hoped for.

by Anonymousreply 154March 31, 2020 2:22 PM

Is it true that some A-lister had already done the narration for the Elephant documentary. And that they were paid off and Sparkle's narration used instead?

If so, perhaps they can re-release the documentary with the A-lister's narration.

by Anonymousreply 155March 31, 2020 5:31 PM

R155 - That's the word . . . however, said A-Lister was paid off to keep her mouth shut about it, so unlikely a re-release is in the works. My guess is, it was Meryl Streep.

by Anonymousreply 156March 31, 2020 6:46 PM

R156-- Would Disney really piss off someone as big as Meryl Streep for this?

by Anonymousreply 157March 31, 2020 8:04 PM

Well, Iger was abruptly fired recently. It was allegedly an A-Lister, and the initials were allegedly MS. I do n't know what went down, but it did seem absurd that the world heard Prince Harry pitching his wife for voiceovers to Iger/Disney at the Lion King premiere - that was, what, July 2019? And next thing you know, a few months later, she's doing the narration for ELEPHANT.

I wonder if what happened was that Iger wouldn't have known that the HRH Duchess of Sussex he engaged was already planning to exit her high-status position in the BRF, and that by the time the film came out, she would be a rather tarnished ex-HRH, no longer a prestigious member of one of the world's most prestigious families. The world only found out in January 2020, months after the Meghan voiceover was in the can.

I wonder if they thought, when they were engaging her, that they would be getting a much more royal bang for their buck than they got post-Megxit, and that was one of the things that got Iger the boot.

by Anonymousreply 158March 31, 2020 8:24 PM

Would Meryl care that much over a voice over?

by Anonymousreply 159March 31, 2020 8:27 PM

Maybe Barack and Michelle or the Clinton Foundation will help them.

by Anonymousreply 160March 31, 2020 8:39 PM

R159 - I don't know, it's anyone's guess. It was for charity, after all, it's not as if either the original narrator or Meghan were going to make huge bucks off it or get an Oscar nomination - it wasn't a huge career move or something like that. It's one of Disney's charity works, it isn't even playing in cinemas, it is being streamed. Streep is alleged to be a complete bitch, though. She was a guess on my part after seeing the info somewhere that it was an A-lister with initials MS. Disney is big, of course, and the elephants are a cause no one can argue with or not love . . . for all I know Disney offered whoever it was something else for moving out of the now former HRH's way.

But, as always with the Harkles, something is always not quite what it ought to be: Harry being heard across the globe pitching his wife to Iger for voiceovers, at an event for which he ditched an important event with the Royal Marines - you could see the cringes from outer space. And then she turns up in ELEPHANT. No matter what they do . . . they end up being smirked at.

by Anonymousreply 161March 31, 2020 10:35 PM

They get smirked at because their motives are always transparently insincere. Meghan didn't do the documentary because she gives a fuck about elephants. She did it to get her foot in the door at Disney.

by Anonymousreply 162March 31, 2020 10:40 PM

KLAN THREAD KLAN THREAD KLAN THREAD

RACISTS IN RESIDENCE

MURIEL PLEASE PAYWALL THESE UGLY FUCKERS

by Anonymousreply 163April 1, 2020 1:30 AM

R163, where do you get that Streep is alleged to be a complete bitch? All accounts point otherwise...

by Anonymousreply 164April 1, 2020 1:35 AM

Don't you think that Markle would let it be known that she got the job in place of Streep?

Of course, she would. That's just the kind of petty shit she would do.

If it was Streep who pushed aside, who with her career and credentials wouldn't be pissed off.

by Anonymousreply 165April 1, 2020 2:00 AM

R164 - Just look up some of the threads on DL in which she is discussed.

by Anonymousreply 166April 1, 2020 2:28 PM

R166, like DL threads are some font of truth...I hope that was in jest...

by Anonymousreply 167April 1, 2020 4:10 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!