Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Kids in Public

When did it become acceptable to bring your kids everywhere? I want Adult Safe Spaces, free of kids. Strip clubs and XXX stores are about all that’s left, since these whore mommies drag their kids everywhere including bars.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12March 29, 2020 5:05 PM

This has always bothered me. I accept that there are certain family spaces. I don't go to Chuck E. Cheese (do they still exist?) because it's a family space. Likewise, I would like spaces for adults only. Years ago, I took a good friend to Tavern On The Green in New York City. They were having a children's birthday party and it was annoying because those children didn't appreciate the restaurant and were just running around.

Parents even take their children to R rated movies these days. Nobody under 18 should be allowed into an R rated movie, no exceptions!

I want adult only spaces.

by Anonymousreply 1March 29, 2020 4:08 PM

Before everything was shut down, me and a gal pal went to a bar/restaurant and a couple was at the bar with their two fucking young kids. My friend always says "there's a baby at the bar" as loud as she can. Why do they not at least sit at a table. The bar is for adults.

by Anonymousreply 2March 29, 2020 4:10 PM

[quote] I want adult only spaces.

They have these. They usually have signs that say XXX on the outside cause kids can’t read.

by Anonymousreply 3March 29, 2020 4:13 PM

I worked in a restaurant where a boozy couple would regularly drink in the bar, with their baby in a stroller beside them.

It was so tawdry.

by Anonymousreply 4March 29, 2020 4:16 PM

Anytime, after quarantine, you see parents out drinking and possibly driving with children I implore you to call the police for a wellness check for the safety of the rancid crotchfruit.

by Anonymousreply 5March 29, 2020 4:26 PM

Where have you been, OP? It's been like this since the 90s.

by Anonymousreply 6March 29, 2020 4:27 PM

This is OP in a past life

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7March 29, 2020 4:28 PM

[quote]Where have you been, OP? It's been like this since the 90s.

That's exactly when I saw it start to happen. In the 80s, we still had child-free zones, especially in bars. Manhattan was still considered a singles city.

And this "kids in public" idea gave license to people bringing their dogs everywhere. Emotional support, my ass! If you can't go grocery shopping without your dog, you shouldn't be allowed in public.

by Anonymousreply 8March 29, 2020 4:31 PM

BC -before corona- the last two times I ate in a restaurant there were kids running and yelling while the parents were eating and drinking and ignoring them. Kids are ok, but for God's sake teach them manners or leave them home.

by Anonymousreply 9March 29, 2020 4:34 PM

In simpler times, when there was usually one parent at home watching the kids, a night out on the town without the kids was welcome relief. You'd pay a neighborhood teen $1 to $5 an hour to watch your kids and go out with your spouse for dinner, a movie, etc.

Nowadays, with both parents usually working and the kids are at grandma's or in expensive daycare, a night out with the kids is bonding time. And with babysitters charging up to $20 an hour, it gets too expensive. So they schlep their kids wherever they go, restaurants, bars, the movies, grocery store, etc. And that's become the norm.

by Anonymousreply 10March 29, 2020 4:59 PM

I would rather have well-behaved dogs in a restaurant than kids. At least they just sit there watching their people eat.

by Anonymousreply 11March 29, 2020 5:05 PM

R10 yet another thing destroyed by feminism. Also, a self-centered gripe before two-income straight households became common, gay men could live high on the hog with two incomes but now we compete with Ashley with her middle management salary (also she does nothing all day) and her side income of pyramid schemes.

by Anonymousreply 12March 29, 2020 5:05 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!