Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Most successful touring female artists of all time

Where are Mariah and Janet Jackson on the list? 😂

Omg hag Cher is doing alright

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43March 31, 2020 12:10 AM

BeyoncĂ© is the Top3. That completely negates what her haters on here say claiming she isn’t famous outside of the USA. I know it’s a lie as she sells out all over the world, but the haters love to lie.

by Anonymousreply 1March 28, 2020 4:06 PM

R1 95% of Beyoncé’s touring revenue came from the US alone. Oh dear! She’s not popular outside of the US. She’s like Mariah or Janet who is mostly known in their country

by Anonymousreply 2March 28, 2020 4:10 PM

R2 that’s a lie. And impossible.

She made that much off of just 441 shows

by Anonymousreply 3March 28, 2020 4:13 PM

Concert tickets cost more now than they used to.

by Anonymousreply 4March 28, 2020 4:15 PM

Most urban influenced singers (Bey and Riiri) and country influenced singers (Taylor for the first half of her career) aren't as huge WW as they are in the US. And true pop stars (Pink and Gaga) are much often bigger over seas (or at least as big as they are in the US) Pink is HUGE in Oceania. Gaga destroys Brazil. Gaga's ASIB was actually much bigger overseas than here in the US - where it was a major hit in its own right.

by Anonymousreply 5March 28, 2020 4:18 PM

"Hag Cher" is doing OK for someone who was famous before most of these other top ten bitches were even born....

by Anonymousreply 6March 28, 2020 4:34 PM

This thread needs to be corrected. This is not of all time but the last decade.

No surprise to me that Madge is killing it at number one. Queen Bey, the greatest entertainer of all time, will probably be #1 when its all said and done. Also I hope when the compile of all time list they adjust for inflation.

by Anonymousreply 7March 28, 2020 4:36 PM

Pink is not bigger than Beyonce or Rihanna overseas. Hip Hop is the most influential music globally. Its just not true no matter how much you want it to be or no matter how much it was 20 yrs ago. And why do I feel like some of you guys idea of abroad is bias toward Western Europe and its europop audiences. There is south america, Brazil, south Africa, and the Mediterranean. Not that that matters because Beyoce and Rih are huge in western Europe as well.

by Anonymousreply 8March 28, 2020 4:39 PM

R1, you apologist for crap, we're sorry you can't think your way out the door, but the issue isn't how many idiots there are in the world like you who applaud the manufactured phony "Beyonce."

The issue is that she is a shit artist.

Even her disgustingly criminal "husband" has some talent and creativity.

Beyonce is a phat wind-up ego machine.

Now go shoo. We know who you are. Same as always, Nasty.

by Anonymousreply 9March 28, 2020 4:43 PM

Mariah is not a concert draw. Like Whitney, she has absolutely no stage presence and is a part of her Rythmnless Nation. Who wants to she her shimmy around in ball gowns for uptempo songs like Fantasy and Make It Happen.

by Anonymousreply 10March 28, 2020 4:48 PM

Beyoncé is already over not even at 40. Her last 3 albums flopped HARD, radio stations stoped playing her music. Her streaming also sucks majorly compared to other other artists

by Anonymousreply 11March 28, 2020 4:56 PM

Beyoncé is a local artist, a fucking dumb uneducated woman who always wants to be white. Bleach Ming your skin and dying your hair blonde do not make you white, self loathing ugly fat whore

by Anonymousreply 12March 28, 2020 4:57 PM

Some of you delusional. You aren't the last decade's #3 female touring act and is washed up. You don't have the #1 tour of 2016 being washed up. She is one of the top streaming acts of all time, even as she routinely doesn't release her music on other platforms besides tidal, years after its release. The hate is so strong posters are posting outright lies.

by Anonymousreply 13March 28, 2020 5:11 PM

You’ve gotta give it up for Barbra’s big swinging dick with ranking #12 based on only 69 shows. That is a rather muscular performance. I know this was a stealth Madonna worship thread but that jumped out at me.

by Anonymousreply 14March 28, 2020 5:12 PM

Where the fuck is Dolly?

by Anonymousreply 15March 28, 2020 6:25 PM

Where the fuck is Oceania?

by Anonymousreply 16March 28, 2020 7:18 PM

R15. This thread title is incorrect. It is the top list of the last decade.

by Anonymousreply 17March 28, 2020 8:13 PM

Beyonce will end up eclipsing the rest of those hasbeens. It's only a matter of time.

by Anonymousreply 18March 28, 2020 8:20 PM

This list is really the only one that matters, because touring is where artists make 90% of their income today. Beyonce doesn't give a fuck if her last two albums flopped when her concerts still make a fortune.

by Anonymousreply 19March 28, 2020 8:26 PM

I don't give a shit about the gross profits. I want to know about the net profits. All of these bitches cost/spend a fortune

These figures don't really mean anything. You all know that right?

by Anonymousreply 20March 28, 2020 8:36 PM

Celine is number 2, behind Madonna, but has had to do 3x as many shows to get there.

by Anonymousreply 21March 28, 2020 8:37 PM

Mariah hasn't really done big tours in last few years, so not a surprise.

by Anonymousreply 22March 28, 2020 8:41 PM

The list is from 2000 onwards, the last two decades

Madonna is impressive, but not a surprise, she had at the time and might still, the top 2 biggest moneymaking tours by a female artist of all time with her 2008/2009 tour and her 2012 follow up tour

That's why Madonna herself has been making so much money since 2001, much more than she made during her 80s/90s album sales peak

Which is why, album sales and even streams really mean NOTHING these days, you can get new music by your favorite artist EVERYWHERE for free, buy it takes a big name/icon to get people to get up and pay big money to see them live

Madonna also sold the most concert tickets of any female artist in the 2000s

by Anonymousreply 23March 28, 2020 8:45 PM

And here comes no facts from people with their own issues. The Beyonce hater is bizarre. Last 3 albums flopped? I get you don't like her but Lemonade, although not a massive success, was a hit. Hugely critically acclaimed. She is massive in Asia and Europe when touring. Massive. this is the proof but still just sit here and deny and then use insulting language. Popular culture and debate is fascinating and I thank the person that posted this. It's interesting. And Re:20 is deciding the parameters OK? it doesn't matter the amount of people that went, it is all about profit only. You all got that?

by Anonymousreply 24March 28, 2020 8:46 PM

Where is Janet Jackson?

by Anonymousreply 25March 28, 2020 8:52 PM

Re:22 It will be interesting to see where Madonna goes next with her touring. She needs a hit album. Will she do a greatest hits tour next now she has had fitness issues saying it's her last? That tour would break records. Who knows

by Anonymousreply 26March 28, 2020 8:53 PM

r19, Her albums do not flop however. Adele is an anomaly. She has middle aged housewives who still buy records. Beyonce consistently sells well, and ha s the streaming numbers too. She had the best selling album of 2016 for Christ sake.

by Anonymousreply 27March 28, 2020 8:56 PM

I don't see most of these bitches helping during the Coronavirus pandemic. I only saw one. Some may have helped, but I doubt it

I saw the lovely Rihanna making the world a better place by donating medical supplies (I don't even think she's an American citizen). I did see lady gaga's dad PATHETICALLY begging the public (who are on the brink of financial and medical disaster) for $50,000 in a gofundme, supposedly in order to keep pay his employees. Hey pops, charity begins at home.

And taylor fucking swift donated $3,000 to two fans who were impacted financially because of the Coronavirus. How rich is that? That's like the entire DataLounge getting together and donating a penny to to those two fans to split amongst themselves. that little cunt, taylor is probably wiping her ass with hundred dollar bills. Who is more disgusting? swifty or gaga's dad?

by Anonymousreply 28March 28, 2020 8:58 PM

But according to Janbot, Janet had the number 3 tour of 1989 so that beats everything.

by Anonymousreply 29March 28, 2020 9:00 PM

R12, you give yourself away with your auto correct’s “Ming”.

We know who you are, too, babe.

by Anonymousreply 30March 28, 2020 9:05 PM

R26 but who has a hit album these days?

Album sales are GODAWFUL

If Madonna did a huge, long and proper greatest hits tour, which she's never done before, it would be massive and break box office records

I'm a Madonna fan but didn't even buy her last couple of albums but I know every song by heart, because I stream them on Spotify and YouTube, like the rest of the world

Her Rebel Heart album has close to over 300 Million streams on Spotify alone, so people are interested, it's just with few exceptions, people don't buy music anymore

by Anonymousreply 31March 28, 2020 9:05 PM

R26, she's recording her new album which will be called Bathtub Stories.

by Anonymousreply 32March 28, 2020 9:30 PM

Where the fuck is Kylie?

by Anonymousreply 33March 28, 2020 9:47 PM

Where the fuck is Dannii?

by Anonymousreply 34March 28, 2020 10:06 PM

Janet is god

by Anonymousreply 35March 29, 2020 2:21 AM

Janet is dog.

by Anonymousreply 36March 29, 2020 2:23 AM

I'm serious about Kylie Monique -that list is bullshit. Kylie has grossed around $400,000,000 and she's been touring pretty consistently since the 2000s.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37March 29, 2020 3:52 PM

Pink's ranking is the most impressive. I always forget how great so many of her songs are. I wouldn't have pegged her in the top 20 and she's #5.

by Anonymousreply 38March 29, 2020 4:04 PM

[quote]Celine is number 2, behind Madonna, but has had to do 3x as many shows to get there.

I assume Celine’s many shows were performed while she was in residence in Vegas, no?

I don’t think they charge as much per ticket there as other venues charge on the road.

Plus she got to earn that without traveling, returning to her home every night just down the street.

by Anonymousreply 39March 29, 2020 4:49 PM

From what I remember Celines higher end tickets were in the 300s. And while she got to perform in one city, she was working a hell of a lot more nights than Madonna had to... Almost 1000 more.

Madonna seems the type to not mind the travel. People like her don't want to be in one place, because they can't run away from themselves. She's had the opportunity to do Vegas and if she did, her numbers would probably push her way ahead of the pack.

by Anonymousreply 40March 29, 2020 4:56 PM

R37 where do you get your information from? Her tours from 2005 onwards have grossed $240 Million COMBINED

Granted, she did two other tours between 2000-2004 but I HIGHLY doubt that those two tours grossed $140 million combined

Also sales numbers from those two tours were never released publically either

by Anonymousreply 41March 29, 2020 9:12 PM

But, but, but Janet got the global icon award from MTV Malaysia!

by Anonymousreply 42March 29, 2020 9:51 PM

It’s shocking that out of the big fives of the past, only Madonna and Celine are the the big touring draws.

by Anonymousreply 43March 31, 2020 12:10 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!