Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Gay man who attended Miami Winter Party dies of Covid-19

He was a hottie.....damn and he probably passed it on to countless other gays who were there.....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 134April 2, 2020 2:05 AM

He looks like something plucked from a bygone era.... maybe 15 years ago in Chelsea?

by Anonymousreply 1March 28, 2020 1:16 AM

Fuck. Fucking fuckers fucked up fucking shit!

by Anonymousreply 2March 28, 2020 1:16 AM

Are we supposed to feel sad about someone who chose to attend a circuit party during a global pandemic?

by Anonymousreply 3March 28, 2020 1:17 AM

Has Andy Cullum commented.

by Anonymousreply 4March 28, 2020 1:24 AM

It would be helpful if they could share that he was HIV+.

by Anonymousreply 5March 28, 2020 1:30 AM

Such wretched people post here. What the fuck is your damage?

by Anonymousreply 6March 28, 2020 1:34 AM

r5 he was not, hence the sentence "no known prior health issues"

by Anonymousreply 7March 28, 2020 1:34 AM

There have already been several threads on this OP. Would it have killed you to have done a search before you posted this? Would it? What’s wrong with having a little consideration for others and doing a search first? Would it really have been that hard? Would it? Are you going to be able to give us an honest answer to this? Are you?

by Anonymousreply 8March 28, 2020 1:44 AM

R8 - Probably not, but I will. Shaad up, Mary.

by Anonymousreply 9March 28, 2020 1:48 AM

The problem is that at these venues you are dehydrated and gay vanity (to look your ripped best) deprives the body of much-needed nutrients it needs to keep the immune system in top shape. And if you're HIV positive it's a recipe for disaster.

by Anonymousreply 10March 28, 2020 2:04 AM

r10 thanks Dr. Wrong. There are people living with HIV with undetectable status and zero symptoms. You are saying that working out, dieting and exercise, eating a low carb high protein diet to look ripped is bad for the body and you are high risK? Umm okay.

by Anonymousreply 11March 28, 2020 2:07 AM

Crap a hot top is dead !!!!Why why why!! It should have been one of those fugly prancing bottoms!!

by Anonymousreply 12March 28, 2020 2:10 AM

At these parties, I'm sure people are taking illicit drugs right and left. These drugs can lower your immune system, too.

by Anonymousreply 13March 28, 2020 2:11 AM

Dehydrated, high on drugs, surrounded by thousands of people (who you may or may not end up exchanging bodily fluids with) - living your best, but not a very long life.

by Anonymousreply 14March 28, 2020 2:16 AM

"There have already been several threads on this OP. Would it have killed you to have done a search before you posted this? Would it? What’s wrong with having a little consideration for others and doing a search first? Would it really have been that hard? Would it? Are you going to be able to give us an honest answer to this? Are you?"

Who's the loser who keeps posting this on every thread? Can't it be blocked?

by Anonymousreply 15March 28, 2020 3:22 AM

R8, find a new routine, idiot.

by Anonymousreply 16March 28, 2020 3:27 AM

He was also an Uber driver, so it is possible he might have picked up the virus from one of his passengers

by Anonymousreply 17March 28, 2020 4:23 AM

So Covid-19 clearly doesn't go well with GHB and tina.

by Anonymousreply 18March 28, 2020 7:37 AM

Some of you bitter Marys are so damaged. I hope you die painful deaths, alone and frightened. And remember, no partner is going to grieve for you. People will be glad you're gone, or barely notice, except the poor sot who has to clean up sad little shelter.

by Anonymousreply 19March 28, 2020 10:37 AM

He was a prosty yes? Just like 99 percent of instaho's.

by Anonymousreply 20March 28, 2020 10:46 AM

It was the fact that the venue was crowded with everyone touching one another that spread the disease, folks

by Anonymousreply 21March 28, 2020 1:07 PM

He had the time of his life while you were stuck at home ! Ha !

by Anonymousreply 22March 28, 2020 1:09 PM

It would have killed me to do a search, so I'm glad this thread is here.

by Anonymousreply 23March 28, 2020 1:17 PM

R6 and r19,

Hi noobs!

by Anonymousreply 24March 28, 2020 1:25 PM

[quote] He had the time of his life while you were stuck at home ! Ha !

Yup, but we’re still alive to post and attend a party in the future and get all the hot monkey sex we want.

by Anonymousreply 25March 28, 2020 1:26 PM

This is an isolated incident. The beaches are fine to remain open.

by Anonymousreply 26March 28, 2020 1:27 PM

RIP Ugly, overly inked, hateful queen...

by Anonymousreply 27March 28, 2020 2:55 PM

Spreading Coronavirus everywhere...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28March 28, 2020 3:00 PM

Angels in America Part III

by Anonymousreply 29March 28, 2020 3:02 PM

Damaged perhaps, but not dead, r19.

Kisses. X.

by Anonymousreply 30March 28, 2020 3:15 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31March 28, 2020 3:58 PM

Joking and snark aside, it genuinely scares me when I see someone like this guy, who is young and obviously in decent shape, succumbing to this thing. Especially when we’re told most people who this is lethal to are elderly or have other medical conditions.

by Anonymousreply 32March 28, 2020 4:25 PM

R32 other than high blood pressure, he had no medical conditions whatsoever

by Anonymousreply 33March 28, 2020 4:27 PM

You can't generalize based on the age or the lack of underlying medical conditions. We are all genetically hardwired in a different way. Certain mutations on your genes may make your respiratory system more susceptible to collapse after encountering a virus such as COVID-18.

by Anonymousreply 34March 28, 2020 4:33 PM

R33, if he had hypertension he may have been taking ACE-inhibitors also, which does not help in a situation like this.

by Anonymousreply 35March 28, 2020 4:40 PM

Well, at least we haven't lost a top.

by Anonymousreply 36March 28, 2020 5:13 PM

Tsk Tsk, the gays always set the level of memorialization based upon the attractiveness level of the departed ......

by Anonymousreply 37March 28, 2020 5:33 PM

R32 Yeah the randomness of how this virus affects people is scary. There is growing talk that people with 'inflammation issues' are more at risk of serious complications because the virus seems to but a strain on people's hearts. This would include people with high blood pressure, diabetes, heart disease, arthritis etc. Also steroid users (or people on prescription drugs that include steroids) would likely be at increased risk.

I'm also starting to wonder if the amount of one's exposure to the virus can affect how hard your immune system has to work. Like if you're in a crowd of people in a small space for hours and 5 of them have the virus and shedding it while talking, laughing, sneezing or coughing and you're breathing it in for a prolonged period of time rather than touching a surface with some virus.

by Anonymousreply 38March 28, 2020 5:51 PM

Party n Play n Die

by Anonymousreply 39March 28, 2020 5:53 PM

Gurl put the "Mary" in "Typhoid Mary"

by Anonymousreply 40March 28, 2020 5:54 PM

[quote] I'm also starting to wonder if the amount of one's exposure to the virus can affect how hard your immune system has to work.

I thought of that too. Guess we need an epidemiologist to help. I always thought of viruses like that and wondered if that makes a difference.

by Anonymousreply 41March 28, 2020 6:17 PM

[quote] Also steroid users (or people on prescription drugs that include steroids) would likely be at increased risk.

He looked like he might have been on steroids in R31.

by Anonymousreply 42March 28, 2020 6:32 PM

Is there a definitive date where Americans were told not to fly anywhere, not to travel or be in large groups? I ask because I flew home from another state on March 5, and no one was saying not to fly then. My niece got married on March 7, and no one said to cancel large events because of the threat of coronavirus. (No one attending the wedding got sick).

If the Winter Party was March 4-10, is it fair to say that people shouldn't have gone there? Just wondering, and not judging.

by Anonymousreply 43March 28, 2020 6:45 PM

I see your point, r43, but we have video on another thread of an attendee basically poo-pooing the warnings given prior to the event. While his social media indicates he’s a “medical professional” who was still seeing “patients,” DL sleuths figured out he was an optometrist.

Nevertheless, the point is, while it may not have been a mandatory cancellation, it was strongly advised not to attend.

by Anonymousreply 44March 28, 2020 7:01 PM

[quote]He looked like he might have been on steroids in [R31].

Definitely.

by Anonymousreply 45March 28, 2020 7:29 PM

That’s not fair, r45. He could’ve just worked out, like, a lot.

by Anonymousreply 46March 28, 2020 7:30 PM

r46 lol he is not on roids. Just shorter with good genes and he worked out. Jesus why does everyone with a half way decent body have to be on roids?

by Anonymousreply 47March 28, 2020 7:48 PM

R47 = too deep in the gay forest to see the trees.

by Anonymousreply 48March 28, 2020 7:52 PM

“ I'm also starting to wonder if the amount of one's exposure to the virus can affect how hard your immune system has to work. Like if you're in a crowd of people in a small space for hours and 5 of them have the virus and shedding it while talking, laughing, sneezing or coughing and you're breathing it in for a prolonged period of time rather than touching a surface with some virus.”

It has been theorized that it does makes a difference. Young doctors in China were dying fast because of cluster exposures. If your body is blasted with the virus from different vectors in a short timeframe, its that much more virulent. Again, so it has been theorized.

by Anonymousreply 49March 28, 2020 8:11 PM

Let’s face it. A lot of us are more concerned about dick than anything else.

by Anonymousreply 50March 28, 2020 8:28 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51March 28, 2020 8:50 PM

At least his cuter partner is now available

by Anonymousreply 52March 28, 2020 9:51 PM

This is what happens when You're Super, Thanks For Asking!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53March 28, 2020 10:29 PM

[quote] If the Winter Party was March 4-10, is it fair to say that people shouldn't have gone there? Just wondering, and not judging.

Any idiot knew by then it was dangerous to congregate in big groups.

by Anonymousreply 54March 28, 2020 10:29 PM

[quote]R20 He was a prosty, yes? Just like 99 percent of instaho's.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55March 28, 2020 11:00 PM

R52 - Such a creepy person. And will probably never know he is.

by Anonymousreply 56March 28, 2020 11:13 PM

people are constantly looking for a reason that someone got this seriously or died.

they won't know until they study the thing more what puts a person at risk. for all one knows, it is something genetic and no one should be faulted for their genes.

there seems to be an overwhelming desire to adhere to Just World Theory on this message board: everything that happens to a person is due to their own actions and will, thus purely deserved by them. people desperately want to believe that something they personally are doing is ensuring their safety, and those others "got it" because of their lack of hygeine, moral rectitude, intelligence or whatever.

the real world doesn't work that way. and the scientists are studying the disease now to tell us how this thing works. every thread that comes up where someone died, comments are made about "underlying conditions". as though not having them makes one "safe" somehow. coupled with the idea that having them means the dead person did something wrong in their lives to cause their "underlying condition", therefore death is a just outcome.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57March 28, 2020 11:35 PM

What is the fucking issue with you r8 and the other assholes who call people on a duplicate thread? Who the fuck cares? Would it be so hard for you to contribute something interesting?

by Anonymousreply 58March 28, 2020 11:43 PM

R57 I really get your point. I really do. But, let's say it is the result of unlucky genetics, they'd still carry it with them, killing other people. That attitude is pretty selfish, no?

by Anonymousreply 59March 29, 2020 12:04 AM

R59 i said absolutely NOTHING about people running around infecting people. you are strawmanning me.

but people here are blaming those that died, as though they caused themselves to die.

all kinds of bad shit happens, and not all of it is caused by the dead person's direct actions. even when it seems to be caused by their actions, most people do whatever risky thing and are OK often enough that it makes people believe they can generally get away with it safely, because "odds".

considering the lack of information, the deliberate disinformation that even our government has put forth, and all of that, no one at this point can be blamed for coming down sick.

in general, unless the situation is as clearcut as "touch this and you die" most people can't be blamed for what happens to them, because active decision making in life most often does not work like that, and results are not so clearcut, and often people make a risk/reward calculation and come out okay. and generally no one can really tell which side of that equation they will end up on until it's over and done. are you going to be in the 3% or whatever? am i? who knows?

especially not when assholes are running around going "well, 98% will survive anyway", using statistics from an actual first world country with real health care and genuine public health information from scientists who aren't lying about the need for precautions because of a sad governmental failure to plan for crises and announce a general, nationwide lockdown and quarantine. people are still confused about what they should do, and why. but let's blame them for being sick, or dying. because they MUST HAVE HAD some underlying condition that caused them to die, and so none of us need worry further.

your saying what you did means you obviously missed the point.

by Anonymousreply 60March 29, 2020 12:15 AM

I’m sorry OP, was there a point or purpose to your posting of this non-story? Was there? I mean, can you at least just give us an honest answer for once in your life? Can you? Is it really that hard? Can you just try for once in your life? So what's it going to be OP? What's your point for posting this? There really is nothing cute about this.

by Anonymousreply 61March 29, 2020 12:17 AM

Great posts r58 / r60

by Anonymousreply 62March 29, 2020 12:40 AM

sad but also crazy

just last night I saw the happy news about a 102 woman in Italy who recovered from coronavirus. The idea that her body was stronger than someone 62 years her junior is astounding.

by Anonymousreply 63March 29, 2020 1:28 AM

It's "sad", but I think I'll hold my sympathy for someone who didn't act foolishly.

by Anonymousreply 64March 29, 2020 1:29 AM

I'm thinking these were a huge conductor of the virus.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 65March 29, 2020 2:10 AM

Let's all agree that people with HIV are especially vulnerable to this deadly disease.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66March 29, 2020 2:15 AM

[quote] comments are made about "underlying conditions". as though not having them makes one "safe" somehow

R57, not having underlying conditions DOES generally make it more safe for the person. That’s what scientists & medical practitioners around the world are saying - that there are “at-risk groups”.

by Anonymousreply 67March 29, 2020 2:29 AM

RIP.

by Anonymousreply 68March 29, 2020 3:15 AM

This event was 3/4-3/10, incidentally.

by Anonymousreply 69March 29, 2020 3:23 AM

He was a moron. And he died.

The end.

by Anonymousreply 70March 29, 2020 3:40 AM

R31, is that a butt implant? His cheek sticks way out to the side...

by Anonymousreply 71March 29, 2020 4:22 AM

The epitome of social distancing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72March 29, 2020 4:27 AM

some of you are positively sociopaths. yes, you should feel bad that a 40 yr old, hard working man in otherwise good health died of this horrible illness. You die alone, on a respirator, unable to speak and unable to have any family, friends, or spouse with you. And some of you assholes are posting on these thread "he deserved it" or "I'm supposed to feel sorry for him?" You creeps sound like Donald Trump. That's exactly what his reaction would be. Proud of yourselves?

by Anonymousreply 73March 29, 2020 4:31 AM

He may have been young, and 'good looking', but he was an IDIOT R73. As were the rest who foolishly attended this 'orgy' when the rest of the world was aware of the growing epidemic. Hard to feel sorry for people who are so incredibly self-involved that they're blind to the reality that surrounds them.

by Anonymousreply 74March 29, 2020 4:36 AM

R73 Your wasting your breath.. Bitter unfuckable fat geezer are gonna write what they write.

by Anonymousreply 75March 29, 2020 4:36 AM

Are these just bitter horrible gay men in this thread. Or is it deliberate trolling to make us normal gays angry and discontent. It's hard to believe gay men and be so petty and shitty and mean.

by Anonymousreply 76March 29, 2020 4:39 AM

I hope you never make a mistake, r74. Or if you do, I hope you're not surrounded by assholes who lack any sense of empathy like yourself.

by Anonymousreply 77March 29, 2020 4:46 AM

I wonder if he was a steroid user for those muscles? You can have "no known causes" and still be damaging your body by using steroids.

by Anonymousreply 78March 29, 2020 4:58 AM

[quote]R76 It's hard to believe gay men can be so petty and shitty and mean.

Are you talking about the party boy who died? Because who KNOWS how many he exposed to the virus between the time he got home, and died? Selfish shit.

by Anonymousreply 79March 29, 2020 5:38 AM

R67 they have also repeatedly said that even young, totally healthy people die of the complications arising. and medical professionals have said they don't think anyone is safe or immune.

so stop giving everyone a false sense of security because they don't knowingly have anything wrong with them. we still do not understand the full etiology of this disease.

by Anonymousreply 80March 29, 2020 5:42 AM

we get it, r79. you're a fucking asshole. you don't have to keep commenting. we know you.

by Anonymousreply 81March 29, 2020 5:43 AM

That’s just my second post in this thread, r81!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 82March 29, 2020 5:51 AM

well, at least OP thought he was a 'hottie'

by Anonymousreply 83March 29, 2020 6:03 AM

r72 even in non-pandemic times, I don't like being around that many bitches

by Anonymousreply 84March 29, 2020 6:18 AM

Jesus Fucking Christ, naked & bareback on a rainbow-sharting unicorn. The poor guy died a horrible death after going to an event nobody in Miami thought was particularly hazardous, and you evil queens are practically dancing on his grave & celebrating...

by Anonymousreply 85March 29, 2020 6:23 AM

While I agree we shouldn’t be dancing in the streets over someone’s death, let’s not rewrite history and pretend like no one knew the risks of going there.

See this related post where this queen practically snubs her nose at the experts who say it should’ve been shut down.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 86March 29, 2020 11:52 AM

Definitely a steroid user. They almost always cause some form of health issues that go unnoticed unless an autopsy is performed. Also possibly partaking in drugs and alcohol, but then again maybe not. It’s very sad. All of these deaths are very sad. Lesson is to stay home! No one is invincible.

by Anonymousreply 87March 29, 2020 12:28 PM

[quote]ANYONE can die from this.

And yet the vast majority DON'T. Not only do they NOT die, they don't even catch the virus. As is illustrated by billions around the world living in overcrowded, unsanitary conditions who are NOT infected or who are infected and DO NOT DIE. As illustrated by the thousands of people who were at the Miami Winter Party and are NOT infected or are and will live to party another day.

by Anonymousreply 88March 29, 2020 12:32 PM

Good. This will kill off all the stupid whores first.

by Anonymousreply 89March 29, 2020 12:37 PM

Sorry but the mixed messaging the last month via White House and media made it seem like a minimal risk. I had a flight to Rome that barely 3 weeks ago they cancelled. Before then they were saying I could cancel but would have to travel by May. This shit escalated quick because it should have been taken seriously months ago by the government to to prevent what is happening now. If he had gone last weekend that would have been different and anyone would say he was foolish.

by Anonymousreply 90March 29, 2020 12:38 PM

bump so that people stop creating more threads about this story

by Anonymousreply 91March 29, 2020 2:14 PM

Why is anyone supposed to care about this circuit boi bot story?

NEXT

by Anonymousreply 92March 29, 2020 2:23 PM

Privacy laws would prevent disclosure of his HIV status, even after death, without the consent of his family. How can all the articles trumpet that he was negative?

by Anonymousreply 93March 29, 2020 3:27 PM

This event was 3/4-3/10. He should have known by then about the seriousness of the Coronavirus, but a lot of people didn’t. It was on the cusp of the alert, wasn’t it? I consider 2/25 as the decision time, but a lot of people simply aren’t tuned into the news. It’s really sad, actually.

I used to go to the Palm Springs Easter White Party. It was a blast. The dance room might have had 10,000 men and upon entry, you’d be hit by the humidity caused by the sweat of the dancers and there’d be puddles of sweat on the floor. They, in Miami, must all would be exposed to this virus. Now that is sad.

by Anonymousreply 94March 29, 2020 4:25 PM

Defensive and bitter much R85? How was the party? Did you get lucky?

by Anonymousreply 95March 29, 2020 8:34 PM

[quote] they have also repeatedly said that even young, totally healthy people die of the complications arising. and medical professionals have said they don't think anyone is safe or immune ... so stop giving everyone a false sense of security

R80, stop being sanctimonious and read posts more carefully before replying. If “no one” was safe and “everyone” was in the “at-risk group” - then there would be NO POINT in medical professionals across the planet publicly announcing “at-risk groups”! Because then “everyone” would be in one gigantic “at-risk” group! But that’s NOT what medical professionals are saying.

So ranting about “No one is safe! Every person can die!” is incorrect. “Young, TOTALLY healthy” people do NOT in general die from Covid-19 - it’s RARE. We have more than enough global test cases now to see a pattern and the evidence shows that the “at-risk” group is not “every single person”. So stop giving people a false sense of over-the-top “you can ALL die!” anxiety. “Young, totally healthy” people are FAR more likely to die in a car accident than from Covid-19. We can teach young people responsibility about transmissions without exaggerating and lying to them that every single young person is “at risk of dying!” from this.

by Anonymousreply 96March 29, 2020 8:40 PM

R94, other major gay events cancelled before the White Party.

by Anonymousreply 97March 29, 2020 8:43 PM

event was in early march and Trump was downplaying it................I just dont think it had sunk in to a lot of people yet. Yes older wiser more cautious people but if you have a busy life and dont watch news and are really healthy you think you are invincible and at that point it was widely broadcast it could be deadly to mainly older people or those with impaired imune systens. I could see why somebody would go to that event at that time. I dont know if he was hiv positive or not, if he was, then yes he was an idiot to expose himself

by Anonymousreply 98March 30, 2020 5:20 AM

I’m shocked by how many people think doctors can cure just about anything. Don’t be reckless with your health. There will come a time in a couple weeks when some might be tempted to hook up just once.

Don’t do it.

Too many friends would still be here (or HIV negative) if they’d just practiced safe sex and not given in to “condom fatigue”.

Just hold out until this is over. No sex is worth dying or putting others as risk over. Take care of yourself!

by Anonymousreply 99March 30, 2020 6:00 AM

Wouldn’t there be a lot more corona cases from this party if it were truly a major vector?

by Anonymousreply 100March 30, 2020 12:07 PM

I think I read he was an Uber driver so maybe that was how he came in contact with it. I dunno though—those parties often end in orgies back at the hotel so probably more likely he was unknowingly exposed to the virus at the event. RIP

by Anonymousreply 101March 30, 2020 12:16 PM

We don’t know yet, r100.

Unless or until everyone is tested, and/or someone else who was there publicly reveals they’re positive (and why would they do that?) we’ll never know for certain.

When I say “publicly reveals,” I mean as in we’d hear about it.

by Anonymousreply 102March 30, 2020 12:18 PM

Nude pics or it didn't happen.

by Anonymousreply 103March 30, 2020 11:32 PM

He had a fat tasty Cuban cigar, but he couldn't live forever.

by Anonymousreply 104March 31, 2020 12:33 AM

Rest in peace to this handsome young man who, irrespective of his choices, left this earth to early.

I’ll never knock a girls chance to party. It’s hard enough as it is to just be yourself. Have a blast while you can.

That said, I have to echo the sentiments that we need to stop acting like there aren’t at-risk groups and risky behavior. Don’t try to mask someone’s risky behavior by generalizing. I also think this man might have been HIV+, but they couldn’t announce it either way.

by Anonymousreply 105March 31, 2020 1:04 AM

R96 every single person is at risk from catching it.

neither you, nor i, nor even doctors at this point can say who will live and who will die.

just who is more likely to.

that is what i am saying. it is false security to tell people "young, healthy people will survive". it adds to their idiotic behavior. we have had many report of "young, healthy" people dying. they are not in the majority, but it happens.

and none of us knows right now, nor perhaps ever, why some people get it so severely even if they are not in the "high risk" group. yet everyone is clinging onto any sense of false hope.

by Anonymousreply 106March 31, 2020 1:16 AM

[quote]R105 never knock a girls chance to party. It’s hard enough as it is to just be yourself. Have a blast while you can.

But not when it means endangering others. Which he clearly did.

by Anonymousreply 107March 31, 2020 5:29 AM

The ‘Cancelled due to coronavirus’ thread was started on 3rd March, and by that point, numerous large events had been cancelled.

I don’t take any pleasure in hearing that someone has died, but just as with Spring Breakers, I feel a mixture sadness, frustration and anger that so many people decided it was ok to party, rather than put their own (and other people’s) health first. And the government is also to blame, for not giving firm guidance earlier on.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 108March 31, 2020 8:03 AM

[quote] left this earth to early.

As early as you left grammar class?

by Anonymousreply 109March 31, 2020 1:23 PM

R107 We don’t know how this man got coronavirus and we don’t know how much it played into his death. Gay men routinely engage in risky vis-a-vis random hook-ups, why is this so different? On a macro level they should have cancelled the orgy if they didn’t want anybody to come. Ahem.

by Anonymousreply 110March 31, 2020 1:57 PM

He was a smoker and therefore high risk.

by Anonymousreply 111March 31, 2020 2:20 PM

Remember the movie "Circuit"? The Playgirl model Dirk Shafer was making a cautionary film about the deadly dangers of drug use among circuit attendees. His West Hollywood friends persuaded him to add a subplot that said circuit party attendance can also be a fun and empowering way for some gay men to find self-realization.

14 years later, Shafer died in a parked car in West Hollywood of combined meth and cocaine overuse.

by Anonymousreply 112March 31, 2020 3:53 PM

with his pants around his knees, r112

by Anonymousreply 113March 31, 2020 7:11 PM

This is another doc.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 114March 31, 2020 7:12 PM

R109 I swear it tastes like chicken. Go ahead.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 115March 31, 2020 8:56 PM

Another attendee, Ron Rich, has died.

by Anonymousreply 116April 1, 2020 2:54 PM

R110, I had totally forgotten I had seen that documentary. It's from 20 years ago. As I remember, it was pretty good

by Anonymousreply 117April 1, 2020 3:52 PM

Article about the second death.

Says: At least nine people who attended the festival have tested positive for COVID-19. Israel Carrera, a 40-year-old who lived in North Miami and attended the festival, contracted the virus and died from it on Thursday. He was Miami-Dade’s first reported COVID-19 death.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 118April 1, 2020 3:57 PM

RIP, sis.

The CDC really should put something advising if being HIV+ puts you at greater risk. Especially because they know the news can’t report on someone’s status and they can’t disclose it without consent. Unfortunately there are thousands of people, mostly men, living with HIV. They need to know if they’re more so at risk. I think it’s really sick to lay these men’s deaths on whether they went to a circuit party when it could be that they were pox and at greater risk of catching it anyway.

by Anonymousreply 119April 1, 2020 4:23 PM

Well we already know that those with weakened immune systems, due to whatever cause, are at greater risk.

Doesn’t seem like rocket science to correlate the two if you’re HIV positive.

by Anonymousreply 120April 1, 2020 4:30 PM

I wonder if it has to do with your level of exposure to the virus. For example, getting exposed to it via minimal contact socially vs having sex with someone who is shedding the virus due to recent exposure. If someone is HIV positive but has a healthy T cell count it shouldn’t be a factor, but a lot of those retroviral drugs are hard on the body so maybe that plays into it.

by Anonymousreply 121April 1, 2020 4:34 PM

R120 I agree but unfortunately everybody doesn’t correlate the two, sadly that’s true for young people and people who haven’t had it very long. In addition, it reeks of low-key homophobia to associate this with exposure from a circuit party when any man with HIV is at-risk (more than the GP).

It makes assumption that had he not gone to this orgy with a bunch of sweaty, horny, half-naked men, he would be just fine. Which is bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 122April 1, 2020 4:37 PM

[quote] In addition, it reeks of low-key homophobia to associate this with exposure from a circuit party when any man with HIV is at-risk (more than the GP). It makes assumption that had he not gone to this orgy with a bunch of sweaty, horny, half-naked men, he would be just fine. Which is bullshit.

What?!

So you’re saying if he sat home and quarantined like the rest of us, instead of going to a party with thousands of other people in attendance he would’ve gotten it anyway? You can’t be serious.

Everyone is at risk. The key is to lower YOUR risk or exposure. No difference with these fundy churches we’re all reading about. If the congregation stayed home, sure there’s a possibility they could’ve gotten it elsewhere, but the possibility of getting it in crowds becomes exponentially larger.

It’s got nothing to do with homophobia. We’re ridiculing all of these parties, from Mardi Gras to Spring Break in Florida to churches.

by Anonymousreply 123April 1, 2020 5:17 PM

The lack of knowledge of HIV on this thread is ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 124April 1, 2020 7:59 PM

R19 is triggered and has stated her boundaries

by Anonymousreply 125April 1, 2020 8:07 PM

> if he sat home and quarantined like the rest of us

r123, bitch please. You know DAMN WELL you weren't cowering at home quarantined on White Party weekend, either. It was right at the inflection point when things STARTED to get canceled, but lots of things WEREN'T. And if you'd spent a relatively huge amount of money on nonrefundable tickets, you would have gone too unless there were LITERALLY hundreds of known Miami infections headlining the evening news... which there weren't.

by Anonymousreply 126April 1, 2020 9:52 PM

Whores are diseased. Nothing new to see here.

by Anonymousreply 127April 1, 2020 9:54 PM

Listen folks. HIV1+ people are not "more likely to CATCH coronavirus."

Can you please pay attention to the words you use.

The viron doesn't sniff around and identify HIV+ people to infect.

Who you mean to say is that:

Some HIV+ people are immunocompromised. Some are not.

So AFTER an HIV+ person catches coronavirus - being immunocompromised (because of HIV) - could spell trouble with the infection.

Sheesh.

by Anonymousreply 128April 1, 2020 10:56 PM

[quote]Can you please pay attention to the words you use.

[quote]Who you mean to say is that:

The epitome of irony.

by Anonymousreply 129April 1, 2020 10:59 PM

yes dumb me but my info point stands

by Anonymousreply 130April 1, 2020 11:00 PM

No; not dumb you, r130. I know it was a typo and just found it rather ironic given the statements.

Your information does, indeed, stand and makes sense.

Nothing dumb about you from where I sit.

by Anonymousreply 131April 1, 2020 11:11 PM

I made one too. That semi should’ve been a comma.

by Anonymousreply 132April 1, 2020 11:11 PM

comma, comma, comma, comma, comma comedian...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 133April 1, 2020 11:38 PM

We're doomed if people can't apply a modicum of critical thinking to the shoddy messaging in many European nations and the USA. Living in abundance and democracy allowed fools to survive. Until a deadly challenge arrived.

In a real war, at least soldiers can count on clear messaging from experienced officers.

Now it's narcissist executive leaders (Trump, Macron, Johnson) in a parasitic orgy with media corporations, both parties fucking each other in 24/7 news cycles, drowning dimwit citizens in polemically biased information overload. Thick treacly miasma. It's so easy to say !China Virus! And then to stop saying it. Or malaria pill cures! No face mask! No, face masks! Hoax! All the slut poz men will get it and die - and good riddance - cause they always ruined the fun for us good boys. Disease spreaders.

by Anonymousreply 134April 2, 2020 2:05 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!