Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

"Killing Eve" Season 3

New season starts on April 12th!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60June 10, 2020 10:11 PM

I enjoyed most of season 1 but gave up two episodes into season 2.

by Anonymousreply 1March 27, 2020 6:42 PM

I have no desire to watch SO play the exact same bumbling idiot character she plays in everything she does. She's a bit old for that shit now.

by Anonymousreply 2March 27, 2020 7:26 PM

I don't know why but this looks super silly.

I thought they were going to be a little smarter and less cartoony.

by Anonymousreply 3April 9, 2020 3:14 PM

At least Kim Bodnia's in it still. Come to me daddy!

by Anonymousreply 4April 9, 2020 3:16 PM

I feel like it jumped the shark in season 2. I'll watch at least the first 2 episodes of the new season, but I have low expectations going in.

by Anonymousreply 5April 9, 2020 3:18 PM

OMG! Fuck you, Killing Eve! Fuck you!

by Anonymousreply 6April 14, 2020 1:06 AM

It was mistake making it a black comedy.

by Anonymousreply 7April 14, 2020 1:08 AM

If there is one thing I can't stand, it's hysterical screaming women (Ari Aster, I'm looking at you). There seems to be more screaming in this season. Arghhh.

by Anonymousreply 8April 14, 2020 1:15 AM

Why couldn't the cute French gay boy have stuck around for a couple episodes!?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9May 2, 2020 9:25 PM

I still enjoy it. I like Villanelle’s clothing, the inventive ways she kills people, and the espionage shit. Also love Fiona Shaw (and the ridiculous premise that she was ever a femme fatale).

I don’t care about the relationship between Eve and V.

There a Killing Eve subreddit that is bananas. Bananas.

by Anonymousreply 10May 2, 2020 9:50 PM

Kenny is fucking adorable.

And funny.

And he has thick legs that they like to show off in shorts.

by Anonymousreply 11May 2, 2020 10:04 PM

Villanelle was gorgeous in the Spanish herb shop.

by Anonymousreply 12May 2, 2020 10:11 PM

Well honey, as of Ep 2 - Kenny looks quite smushed.

by Anonymousreply 13May 2, 2020 10:11 PM

Well they did the South Park treatment to Kenny, Eve's husband has gone to pot, cute neophyte assassin is gone, there aren't any cute guys to watch.

by Anonymousreply 14May 2, 2020 11:43 PM

I love Sandra Oh, she’s amazinng. But Jodie Comer is phenomal in this. She is beyond brilliant Spoiler... Pissed they killed off Kenny. He was so adorable

by Anonymousreply 15May 3, 2020 12:07 AM

This would have been a brilliant one-season show. Eve should have killed Villanelle at the end of Season1 and that would have been it.

I just read the last novel in the trilogy KE is based on, and it's even crazier than the show.

S

P

O

I

L

E

R

At the end, Villanelle assassinates Donald Trump and Vladimir Putin (they're given alternate names but it's clearly them) and arranges the bodies so it looks like Trump is giving Putin a blowjob. Then she fakes her death with the help of the 12, and she and Eve run off together to live quiet lesbian lives in suburban Russia.

I'm not kidding.

by Anonymousreply 16May 3, 2020 12:12 AM

That's actually a great ending.

by Anonymousreply 17May 3, 2020 7:11 AM

I love Edward Bluemel (who plays Hugo in "Killing Eve" and was also in "Sex Education") and would like to see him in bigger roles. He's very sexy and talented and watchable.

by Anonymousreply 18May 3, 2020 7:35 AM

Edward Bluemel's Instagram:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19May 3, 2020 7:55 AM

Wow, I'm shocked the lesbians kissed. Would have never happened if this was about two men instead of women.

by Anonymousreply 20May 3, 2020 9:29 AM

I can't even see half the posts in this thread R12 R13 R20

by Anonymousreply 21May 3, 2020 10:14 AM

R10 I can't get into the relationship. It's not like Eve and Villanelle can move to Alaska, and it's hard to see them even move beyond an erotic fascination with the forbidden from a distance. I've seen plenty of fiction about psychopathic women screwing (literally or not) with repressed women. The set-up here does not fit that mold. I do like the aesthetic of the series though.

by Anonymousreply 22May 3, 2020 6:53 PM

Her Barcelona town house is beyond fabulous.

by Anonymousreply 23May 3, 2020 6:57 PM

If you like to see a paid assassin toss a baby in a trash can, this is the show for you!

by Anonymousreply 24May 3, 2020 6:59 PM

On the season opener, Villanelle was getting married to some rich woman; what happened to her and that storyline?

by Anonymousreply 25May 3, 2020 7:25 PM

Edward Bluemel has the floppiest hair of any floppy-haired Brit actor alive!

He mostly acts with his hair.

by Anonymousreply 26May 3, 2020 7:31 PM

R25, I’m assuming it was annulled, since one spouse left the wedding reception. If their wedding was like most, there wouldn’t have been time, even, for the officiant to file the paperwork. That’s what makes the marriage official. If the officiant doesn’t file the paperwork with the municipality, the marriage isn’t legal.

But I don’t know about Europe.

by Anonymousreply 27May 3, 2020 7:53 PM

Kenny was adorable. But I don’t love the way they dressed him like Dennis the Menace. He was a grown man.

by Anonymousreply 28May 3, 2020 7:54 PM

One more thing. How did no one spot Dasha putting the baby in the garbage can? She did it so openly and then just went back to sitting there.

by Anonymousreply 29May 3, 2020 7:56 PM

Did they always shoot in portrait mode? It's borderline irritating.

by Anonymousreply 30May 4, 2020 2:07 AM

eve just watched as her hubby bit it?

by Anonymousreply 31May 4, 2020 2:57 AM

^^ Indeed she did.

And I can't believe I actually feel a bit bad for Villainelle because -- despite all the brutally heinous crimes she's committed -- she'll be framed for a murder (Nico) she actually *didn't* commit.

by Anonymousreply 32May 8, 2020 3:04 PM

This show is so pompous. I'm so over Villainelle's clothes.

by Anonymousreply 33May 8, 2020 3:19 PM

how could you not like the dress with the eyelashes under the breasts? ^

by Anonymousreply 34May 8, 2020 3:27 PM

R34, I hated it. But I liked some others. What really gets me hot and bothered is that apartment in Barcelona. Hoo boy.

by Anonymousreply 35May 8, 2020 6:03 PM

I don't give a shit about lesbians. There are way too many lesbians on tv and not enough gay men.

by Anonymousreply 36May 9, 2020 5:06 AM

Elton John “thrilled” to be the focus of ‘Killing Eve’ episode:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37May 13, 2020 1:57 PM

I'm only hate-watching this season. Perfect example of a series that has gone off the rails completely.

by Anonymousreply 38May 13, 2020 2:12 PM

So much killing. Why kill off all the likable characters?

by Anonymousreply 39May 13, 2020 4:03 PM

The one with her mother was a BORE.

by Anonymousreply 40May 13, 2020 7:09 PM

The series is starting to feel too disorganized and lacking in focus, even if the individual moments are entertaining. The previous episode was a mess: why introduce this type of perspective-flipping [italic]now[/italic], when it was never used like this [italic]before[/italic]? I'm not referring to literal switches in perspective, like we had with Eve, Bill, and Villanelle. That's always been there. I'm referring to switching perspective (and going back in time!) to completely recontextualize plot points, as with Niko's text to Eve or with how Villanelle runs into Konstantin.

by Anonymousreply 41May 13, 2020 10:50 PM

This last episode.....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42May 18, 2020 6:44 PM

Who still watches this show? Deranged lesbians?

by Anonymousreply 43May 18, 2020 7:02 PM

The finale was awful. This show is over.

by Anonymousreply 44June 2, 2020 12:22 PM

I actually didn't mind the finale (or the season). I was trying to figure out whether it was a season finale or SERIES finale, though.

by Anonymousreply 45June 3, 2020 12:29 PM

6 episodes is not enough...it didn't think it was that great either.

by Anonymousreply 46June 3, 2020 1:06 PM

There were eight episodes this season, R46. Still not enough, but I'm mentioning it just in case you missed a couple.

by Anonymousreply 47June 3, 2020 1:25 PM

Big Ol Ball of Meh.

by Anonymousreply 48June 3, 2020 7:12 PM

I enjoyed this season but they've sort of given up on telling a true story. It's more about life as it happens.

We don't need another season. I'm getting sick of the characters

by Anonymousreply 49June 3, 2020 7:16 PM

Everything about this show looks so campy and cheesy.

by Anonymousreply 50June 3, 2020 10:20 PM

R43, I may be one of the few non-lesbians who watches it. There’s a crazy stan subreddit where they fangirl like mad, and barely discuss the actual show.

by Anonymousreply 51June 3, 2020 10:32 PM

I was really disappointed by it. I'm not Sandra Oh's biggest fan, but she seemed like a supporting character all season. Jodie Comer was terrific as ever, but this season added up to a whole lot of nothing (and good clothes for Villanelle).

by Anonymousreply 52June 4, 2020 4:52 AM

This show is terrible. The tone and the female leads are so off-putting. Is this only for hardcore lesbians?

by Anonymousreply 53June 4, 2020 5:08 AM

Villanelle isn’t scary anymore. She’s *funny* now.

I haven’t read the books, but is that how she’s written?

by Anonymousreply 54June 4, 2020 2:54 PM

Wasn't Villanelle always just campy and hard to take seriously?

by Anonymousreply 55June 4, 2020 4:06 PM

Gave up watching by the second episode this season and then read recaps to see if it would be worth catching up. Definitely wasn't.

by Anonymousreply 56June 4, 2020 5:20 PM

[quote] Is this only for hardcore lesbians?

There are softcore lesbians?

by Anonymousreply 57June 4, 2020 5:22 PM

It's hard for me to watch Oh, because she has eyebrows that quirks up like a Noh mask:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58June 4, 2020 5:24 PM

not every one hated the season

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59June 4, 2020 8:00 PM

Finally, DL isn't on primetime, and I can say here I'm not watching the next season, if it's not somehow cancelled. I should have paid more attention to the New York Times critic who panned season 3, but I wanted to give it the benefit of the doubt. There were some things that I liked in this season, but they were completely outweighed by the poor storytelling.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60June 10, 2020 10:11 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!