Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Trump: I Don’t Think Governors ‘Need’ the Medical Equipment They’re Begging For

As medical professionals and local authorities across the country sound the alarm over shortages of life-saving equipment due to a surge in coronavirus patients, President Donald Trump on Thursday shrugged off their warnings because, as he put it, “a lot of equipment is being asked for that I don’t think they will need.”

Calling into Fox News host and unofficial presidential adviser Sean Hannity’s show on Thursday, Trump boasted about his administration’s response to the crippling pandemic, despite the fact that the United States now has the most confirmed coronavirus cases in the world.

Asked by Hannity about his general refusal to enforce the Defense Production Act to ramp up production of needed supplies like masks and ventilators, the president insisted it hadn’t been necessary because there’s been “tremendous spirit” from corporations that he says have stepped up. This prompted him to then take some pointed shots at Democratic governors who’ve criticized the federal response.

“Remember, we are a second line of attack,” he exclaimed. “The first line of attack is supposed to be the hospitals and the local government and the states.”

The president first took aim at Washington Gov. Jay Inslee, calling him a “failed presidential candidate” who is “always complaining” and “should be doing more” for his state. He then proceeded to attack Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer, who he said was “not stepping up” and “has not been pleasant.”

Claiming he gets along well with most of the other governors, the president then suggested they are asking for unnecessary supplies from the federal government while also insisting that the states should take on the majority of the burden.

“I think that a lot of things are being said that are more,” Trump said. “I don’t think certain things will materialize, a lot of equipment is being asked for that I don’t think they’ll need.”

“But we are building four medical centers and many other things we have developed and sent thousands of ventilators and hopefully, they’re going to do well but you have to know, this has to be managed by local government and by the governors,” Trump added. “Can’t be managed by the federal government.”

Hannity, who began his program by blasting New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo for desperately declaring his state’s need for 30,000 ventilators, went on to say the governor’s request annoyed him. Moments later, Trump suggested the state didn’t need nearly that much equipment.

“I have a feeling that a lot of the numbers that are being said in some areas are just bigger than they are going to be,” he asserted. “I don’t believe you need 40,000 or 30,000 ventilators. You know, you go to major hospitals, sometimes they have two ventilators. ”

As of publication, the death toll from COVID-19 in New York City alone has topped 365. The city’s entire health-care system, meanwhile, is on the brink as more and more patients flood the hospitals. At its current pace, FEMA estimates that the city’s intensive care units will be filled by Friday.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 145April 10, 2020 11:08 AM

D I E, Y O U O R A N G E C U N T

by Anonymousreply 1March 27, 2020 7:48 AM

When does this behavior become a clear and present danger to the lives of Americans?

by Anonymousreply 2March 27, 2020 7:53 AM

Lock him up! For everyone's health and safety!

by Anonymousreply 3March 27, 2020 7:54 AM

WTF? Why is he being so dense about this? He is withholding life-saving equipments simply because they are Blue States and they offended him?

Can Congress go over his head to do something? Why is it that ONE MAN--a sociopathic liar, crook, evil Mutherfucker--- can have so much power to hold millions of live at stake?!! Can someone stop him?

by Anonymousreply 4March 27, 2020 7:55 AM

R4 He's cheap and callous about the lives of the "lower class". That's just his family's tradition.

by Anonymousreply 5March 27, 2020 8:00 AM

[quote] WTF? Why is he being so dense about this?

At this point, I'm SURE that he wants people to die.

by Anonymousreply 6March 27, 2020 8:01 AM

I wanted to add, that I'm not sure WHY he wants so many to die.

It just doesn't make sense, but he is most definitely doing it on purpose.

He clearly wants the disease to spread, but WHY is another question.

by Anonymousreply 7March 27, 2020 8:04 AM

It's criminal. There should be people who can go over his head. Maybe get an Act of Congress as this is a damn emergency.

by Anonymousreply 8March 27, 2020 8:08 AM

VHY he vants disease to spread?

NO idea, R7!

by Anonymousreply 9March 27, 2020 8:11 AM

If NY had guts, it would seize every Trump property and turn them into temporary hospitals. FUCK that family of parasites and the stupid rubes who worship them.

by Anonymousreply 10March 27, 2020 8:12 AM

I wanted to add, that I'm not sure WHY he wants so many to die.

Because they're Blue Staters who won't vote for him anyway (except for Michigan, which he needs). He wants to be able to swoop into Ohio, Florida or Pennsylvania and say "don't worry -Daddy Trump will give you what you need" because he thinks that will get him want he wants - another 4 years as Emperor. "See, those nasty NYers were rude to me & look what happened to them"

by Anonymousreply 11March 27, 2020 8:19 AM

seize every Trump property and turn them into temporary hospitals

When this is over, I hope every Dump property across the world is burned to the ground

by Anonymousreply 12March 27, 2020 8:20 AM

I'm truly beginning to believe that this man is pure evil.

The hatred he holds towards people, is unmatched in anyone I've ever encountered before.

by Anonymousreply 13March 27, 2020 8:23 AM

Exactly, R13. He is absolutely soulless.

by Anonymousreply 14March 27, 2020 8:29 AM

Donnie is a textbook psychopath. That is how history will remember him.

by Anonymousreply 15March 27, 2020 8:48 AM

What would it hurt him, to authorize the production of all this medical equipment?

NOTHING.

It costs him NOTHING.

So why deny them??? I truly don't understand it.

by Anonymousreply 16March 27, 2020 8:50 AM

Because he hates them, they're Blue States, he's denying and refusing them equipment. It's like the guy who sees someone drowning and refuses to throw them the lifesaver. First degree murder.

by Anonymousreply 17March 27, 2020 8:55 AM

A TWO TRILLION dollar rescue package for the economy, and yet they can't authorize production of 40,000 respiratory masks?

What in the motherfucking FUCK is wrong with this country?

by Anonymousreply 18March 27, 2020 8:58 AM

And there is still talk of him being re-elected. If that happens I think I will just give up. Another four years of this?

by Anonymousreply 19March 27, 2020 9:19 AM

Cuomo no better with his " lets get people back to work " speech. Am I the only one who has caught the news that asymptomatics can spread this disease and cause second time arpund reinfections ?! How many among us have Covid19 and are aymptomatic or very latent with symptoms and will be released back into the public and workplaces. We need EVERYONE tested in NY in order to accurately and safely return those to work. Both Coumo and Trump can go to hell.

by Anonymousreply 20March 27, 2020 9:32 AM

The media has to show what's happening in the front lines of these hospitals for the American people to get it. How desperate the situation is.

I saw a picture of nurses in China caring for Covid-19 patients and they were decked out in spacesuits, looking completely protected. They make the US nurses look they're in a 3rd world country.

by Anonymousreply 21March 27, 2020 10:12 AM

I swear I would NOT be opposed to rounding up all of the garbage people that voted for this turd and dumping them into a volcano.

by Anonymousreply 22March 27, 2020 10:24 AM

Cuomo no better with his " lets get people back to work "

I think it's a way to give people hope; I can't even imagine the despair that must be going on in households all over. Cuomo is not a clueless idiot like Dump spewing false cures & false hope, but talking to the guy sitting in the living room trying to figure out how much longer he can last with no $$ coming in by telling him that in addition to caring for the sick, he recognizes that people are desperate for a paycheck.

by Anonymousreply 23March 27, 2020 10:28 AM

If it’s so safe, then he should send Dipshit Donnie Jr, Dumbass Eric and Daughter-wife Ivanka out. Let them be the canaries in the coal mine.

by Anonymousreply 24March 27, 2020 10:31 AM

Trump absolutely knows supplies are needed but he’s putting the screws to the blue states out of petty vengeance. He’s a piece of shit, I hope that governors report every night on the news the # of Deaths in their State that are now attributed to the incompetence of the federal government directed specifically by Trump’s malice.

I hope he experiences long stretches of Pain, fear and suffering all alone before he dies, just like the poor Coronavirus sufferers.

by Anonymousreply 25March 27, 2020 10:34 AM

They just talked about on Morning Joe who of course is out today. They talked how you have to kiss his ass to keep people alive and that was that. No call for him to resign, nothing, as if he is King and we just have to accept it,. Of course he knows our hands are tied and can't have a million people on the street to protest in Washington.

by Anonymousreply 26March 27, 2020 10:46 AM

He's keeping the ventilators for Florida. You just know it's going to stink down there, so the survivors will need fresh and purified air !

by Anonymousreply 27March 27, 2020 10:49 AM

This piece of shit is a stone cold sociopath and half the country is cheering him on.

by Anonymousreply 28March 27, 2020 10:53 AM

R11, nothing is being done here in Georgia or in Mississippi, or Alabama, or Louisiana, or Oklahoma, or Florida and Indiana either. Those are red states. There are certainly some racists and some MAGAts who believe that Blue States and Black and Brown people will be disproportionately affected. And the Neo Nazi gang politely referred to as "nationalists" like Steven Miller and Bannon, who won't shed a tear if the elderly and those with underlying conditions die. They're "acceptable losses."

But viruses have a funny way of not being controllable. You can't use them for target practice....unless you're Vladimir Putin and you're interested in bringing an adversary to it's knees. Weakening an entire country. But Iran and Syria are both in trouble and so is Turkey, Putin's BFFs. If Trump's mission is to weaken us and destroy our economy he is doing it. Every decision and every move he is not making is having that effect.

by Anonymousreply 29March 27, 2020 11:04 AM

That's what I think too, R29.

He's doing Putin's bidding, by destroying our country.

Let the people die from this virus, ruin the economy, and undermine our political institutions.

After this, no one will ever trust our government again. Which is exactly what Putin wants.

by Anonymousreply 30March 27, 2020 11:08 AM

This needs to happen: Drumpf gets the virus, goes to the hospital, and a doctor looks down at it, straight in its crazy eyes and says, "I'm sorry Mr. President, but both our respirators are being used for other patients. Say your farewells and give my regards to Satan when you see him." Then just walk away, leaving it to suffer and die alone.

by Anonymousreply 31March 27, 2020 11:19 AM

Trump's outrageous comments aside, here is something we need to raise hell about. I read that they have announced that they "found several million masks in a federal warehouse in Indiana. A stockpile they're now sending to various places that are running out. Then I read that some company has 35 million they're selling for $5 a piece to hospitals. There are supplies and equipment out here and Trump's deliberately putting lives at risk by not sending the stuff where it's needed. So here's the thing. I know from my time in government years ago, that the federal government has their own warehouses, but they often contract to store supplies in private warehouses. We need some whistleblowers to get out here and expose the stockpiles. We'd be saving lives. If one obscure warehouse in Indiana had 35 million masks, and other stuff, then lets find others. We need to contact the media and start exposing this. Because Trump lies until he gets busted and then he caves in. It's a pattern.

by Anonymousreply 32March 27, 2020 11:28 AM

Why isn't the warehouse in Indiana speaking up, R32?

They could go to the media, any time that they wanted.

What's stopping them from saying, "Hey, we have 35 million masks, if anyone is interested!"

by Anonymousreply 33March 27, 2020 11:31 AM

Can some kind DLer fluent in TrumpSpeak translate this for me?

[quote]“I think that a lot of things are being said that are more,” Trump said.

How in the everloving fuck did we come to this pass?

by Anonymousreply 34March 27, 2020 11:37 AM

People are dying and yet this joke of a President is whining about which governor has been nice to him and which hasn't. We are fucking doomed.

by Anonymousreply 35March 27, 2020 11:40 AM

Indiana is the largest producer of caskets in the country. Trump's actions are a nod to Mike Pence to boost the economy of his state. But, what have we heard from the Democrats? Why aren't they pounding all of the media with Trump's treason?

by Anonymousreply 36March 27, 2020 12:50 PM

R33, it's a federal warehouse. Apparently someone DID speak up. The information leaked out so they had to scramble and announce, "oh, look we just found this stockpile and were going to send them out."

The thing is, all over this country there are stockpiles like that. For national emergencies. There are cots and blankets and food supplies, and all kinds of stuff. Look how fast they set up those tents to house the asylum seekers. They can do what they want to do.

It was a throw back to the old Civil Defense days. If you're an eldergay you may remember when we thought we would be in a nuclear war? And we had a Civil Defense department in every big city. And the federal government would send water and commodities like canned milk and other stuff.

They also have masks. Because everyone was convinced poison gas and germ warfare were a possibility in the 60's. All criteria and the "shopping list" for that stuff was upgraded in the 80's and again after 9/11, and etc. and the military has a lot of it, some of it is through the Department of Education, and lots of other places.

They either use their own warehouses or they lease space from private companies to store equipment. I bet the local Police departments, and your State police have warehouses with supplies. I remember dealing with a homeless population and discovering by accident that our fire departent had all kinds of cots and bedding supplies.

Whatever. The main point is there a re stockpiles of Personal Protection Equipment out here and that stuff is not getting distributed. This is the same shit that went on when the Puerto Rican Hurricane under Trump, and other disasters happened. The so called logistics, the supply chain the FEMA response is terrible.

These people, through a combination of Evil, Incompetence, and Stupidity, are getting people killed. The media needs to get on this. Three years from now, after millions have died unnecessarily I'd hate to be the reporter who discovers a warehouse full of ventilators or personal protection equipment.

by Anonymousreply 37March 27, 2020 12:51 PM

[quote] all over this country there are stockpiles like that. For national emergencies. There are cots and blankets and food supplies, and all kinds of stuff

Probably all in rural areas, and I'll bet you that they're hoarding all of these items for themselves and their families.

They're probably saying to each other, "fuck the rest of America."

by Anonymousreply 38March 27, 2020 12:54 PM

[quote]When does this behavior become a clear and present danger to the lives of Americans?

Three-and-a-half years ago.

by Anonymousreply 39March 27, 2020 1:06 PM

Somebody needs to take this psycho and his family out. Like yesterday. Why is he still alive? Oh, and come for me NSA and Secret Service. Bring it.

by Anonymousreply 40March 27, 2020 1:09 PM

No, actually, they're not in rural areas. Most are near population centers. And there are also some on military bases. In fact lots of stuff if the DoD would just release it. And the National Guard is very good at logistics. But Trump is more consumed with getting his fat ass on TV and doing nothing at all. NOTHING. WTF is Pence doing? NOTHING. Where is this stuff they keep talking about. All they're doing is taking credit for the hard work the governors are doing even as they attack Democratic governors and let them languish. He's pissedat Cuomo and Whitmer for getting on TV and actually having an imp-act on public opinion. I can't wait to watch Cuomo today after Trump attacked him and called him a liar on Hannity's show last night. Meanwhile people a re dying. Trump is a despicable piece of shit.

by Anonymousreply 41March 27, 2020 1:11 PM

The thread really should have closed with R1's post. Everything else is just window dressing.

by Anonymousreply 42March 27, 2020 1:14 PM

The states will get what they need and Trump will portray himself as the savior of America. By then, this quote will have been as forgotten as the "hoax" quotes.

by Anonymousreply 43March 27, 2020 1:20 PM

I hope that Priorities USA Super PAC takes a clip from his interview on Faux News, and adds to this commercial...

"I don't think the Governors need the medical equipment they're begging for."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44March 27, 2020 1:22 PM

When is someone on the left in Congress going to go to the media and sound the alarm saying that Trump is a mad man who will gladly send hundreds of thousands, if not millions, to their deaths. The democrats seem to be more interested in this stimulus package than getting the word out that listening to anything Trump says may be a death sentence.

by Anonymousreply 45March 27, 2020 1:26 PM

The stupid American electorate seems to approve of him now. They might reelect him.

by Anonymousreply 46March 27, 2020 1:27 PM

But then, I guess they have to wait until this stimulus package is finalized and the fat motherfucker has actually signed the bill. Then hopefully they'll go in on Trump with full force.

by Anonymousreply 47March 27, 2020 1:27 PM

[quote]They might reelect him.

Providing they're still alive by that point.

by Anonymousreply 48March 27, 2020 1:28 PM

He’s a Russian agent. He works for Putin. Whatever is bad for america, for Ukraine’s, for NATO is good for Putin. You will notice Russia was exempted from the flights from Europe ban. Moscow-JFK flights arrive every day. Now why do you suppose that is?

by Anonymousreply 49March 27, 2020 1:34 PM

I didn't realize that, R49.

Hopefully, they'll take back loads of coronavirus to Moscow, and give it to Putin.

Then he'll drop dead.

by Anonymousreply 50March 27, 2020 1:38 PM

[quote]I swear I would NOT be opposed to rounding up all of the garbage people that voted for this turd and dumping them into a volcano.

And considering a lot of them are incels, the volcano will be pleased getting so many virgins.

by Anonymousreply 51March 27, 2020 2:01 PM

What he thinks doesn’t matter. He needs to be told that with mockery.

by Anonymousreply 52March 27, 2020 2:03 PM

Honestly, though.

Can't he be removed from office for this?

He's putting American lives at risk.

by Anonymousreply 53March 27, 2020 2:28 PM

At risk? We've gone past that. Americans are having to share ventilators - if they get one at all. He's already killing Americans.

by Anonymousreply 54March 27, 2020 2:32 PM

He may well have purchased stocks in the companies that produce it R16, during the weeks that he knew but kept saying it was just the flu. You can guarantee that he dumped stocks as well I hope people are looking into it.

by Anonymousreply 55March 27, 2020 2:34 PM

@treasonstickers Mar 25 For anyone who unnecessarily dies as a result of not getting a ventilator, the cause of death on their death certificate should be listed as "Donald Trump."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56March 27, 2020 2:38 PM

They don't need the medical equipment????

I think that the people at this hospital would beg to differ:

[quote] A Nurse Dies. Angry Co-Workers Blame a Lack of Protective Gear.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57March 27, 2020 2:39 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58March 27, 2020 2:39 PM

The reason his approval ratings may have gone up in some polls to 47% is because you have people watching this cretin on TV and he is making wild claims, he is lying and the media is permitting it. No one challenges his assertions. They even elevate them by calling the briefings. The Federal Government is doing NOTHING. They aren't getting the test kits out, they aren't testing, they aren't providing PPE supplies or ventilators, they are shitting all over the states. It is a very cynical, and immoral strategy. Trump believes, and so do his Republican cronies, that if he walks away from this and lets the "first responders" the cities and the states handle it, then they will get blamed for the failures. But that is not going to happen. His callous despicable behavior is being called out. To think he calls Cuomo a liar, or criticizes the Governor of Michigan for being "not very nice" (which is bullshit.) is infantile. He'll take credit for the checks people get, and brag about them as people die.

by Anonymousreply 59March 27, 2020 2:45 PM

[quote] It is a very cynical, and immoral strategy.

Concocted by a very cynical, and immoral man.

by Anonymousreply 60March 27, 2020 2:48 PM

R59, and worse, they've given press passes to right-wing conspiracy mill networks like OAN. That Asian cunt actually tried to claim Fauci created COVID-19 to hurt Trump.

This is what the MSM has allowed by giving a platform to that birther parasite for years prior to his presidency. Then they covered rally after rally 'cause "ratings."

by Anonymousreply 61March 27, 2020 2:50 PM

Oh, yeah, the Extreme Right radio, Internet, vloggers, etc. you tubers, etc are attacking Fauci. A signal Trump will eventually move him out.

by Anonymousreply 62March 27, 2020 2:55 PM

Of course they are attacking Fauci, because they're "patriots" who haven't a fucking clue what that actually means in the United States and think dear leader should NEVER be questioned when he's a supremacist ignoramus.

Kill the scientists! Dear Leader is always right. They're such students of the Constitutions.

Trump supporters and those disgusting far-right mouthpieces couldn't be less American unless they strangled eagles, while raping Washington's corpse with a baseball bat as they shit into a apple pie and set fire to the Bill of Rights.

by Anonymousreply 63March 27, 2020 3:04 PM

Constitution*

by Anonymousreply 64March 27, 2020 3:04 PM

Trump is inhuman. His stupidity, incompetence and actions/inactions are literally killing people. He should be in jail anyway, but certainly should be from this.

The sad reality is, he will not only get away with it, he will most likely be voted in again. It makes me really lose all hope to be honest. I'm not even American and it fills me with utter despair that someone so corrupt, so self-serving, so fundamentally evil and incapable can be in the most powerful position in the world. Something is so fundamentally wrong with that it's like living in a parallel dimension. I keep hoping I wake up and it's been The Matrix all along.

by Anonymousreply 65March 27, 2020 3:18 PM

R40 I agree. It's bizarre to me that he hasn't been assassinated yet. It would truly be for the greater good - it would literally save lives.

by Anonymousreply 66March 27, 2020 3:21 PM

R56 the families of all the victims should bring a multi-billion dollar class action lawsuit against Trump. Topple his entire empire so when he is no longer president, he has NOTHING.

by Anonymousreply 67March 27, 2020 3:24 PM

I don't want him to become a martyr. I want him in prison for life or I'd prefer that if he dies, it would be in embarrassing fashion and suffering for days first. I don't want him killed.

by Anonymousreply 68March 27, 2020 3:25 PM

OK not killed then, just stripped of all position of power, absolutely penniless and destitute out on the street. That would be neat.

by Anonymousreply 69March 27, 2020 3:27 PM

Cuomo is doing an excellent job in managing this. But, make no mistake, when he gave the "let people go back to work" speech, he meant it. Cuomo is business friendly. Always has been.

by Anonymousreply 70March 27, 2020 3:36 PM

I think that the Trump presidency has educated us on the amount of unilateral power a president has. The others had the attitude of " I work for the people," whereas, he has the " You work for me." It makes the need for a Dem Congress even more important, since you know that if the Repubs control all of Congress and a Dem is in the White House, the first thing passed will be laws to limit presidential powers.

by Anonymousreply 71March 27, 2020 3:39 PM

r65, Trump is doing to us what George W. Bush did to Arabic and Muslim people at home and abroad. We are all in Guantanamo now.

by Anonymousreply 72March 27, 2020 3:52 PM

I watched an old favorite movie, The Pope of Greenwich Village, the other night. Mickey Rourke and young Eric Roberts. Roberts plays the younger fuck up cousin of Rourke. Anyway, they went to this bar one afternoon to meet a guy, and Roberts parks his car anywhere he feels like it. Well, there's this big fat cop who loves giving out tickets before he stops in for his ginger ale. But for Roberts, he calls a tow truck.

So Roberts, who is also part owner of a race horse, gets a hold of some Horse laxative. And he puts it into the cop's ginger ale, then he calls 911 and tells them officer needs assistance. and sure enough, the cop is shitting his brains out in the middle of the street. it was a hilarious scene. I know. I'm long winded. But I would love it of Trump shit himself in public. A horse laxative is exactly what he needs.

by Anonymousreply 73March 27, 2020 3:59 PM

It going to get really interesting if Kim Jong Trump tells everyone they can go back to work after Easter and many of the dumbasses who adore him do so and then start falling like dead flies from the virus. I hope liberal democrats have better sense than to follow anything Trump says. But then, I imagine when Easter nears Trump will find some way to get out of telling people it's okay to go back to work, and blame it all on the democrats.

by Anonymousreply 74March 27, 2020 4:08 PM

So if he does do that, what does that mean for people who are collecting unemployment who don't want to listen to him and put themselves and others at risk?

by Anonymousreply 75March 27, 2020 4:13 PM

People who are on UI will stay on UI unless they are called back to the jobs they had before. I would think if that happens and they refuse to go back they may get dropped from unemployment compensation. I guess the only way around that is if you live in a state where the governor has ordered all businesses to close until he or she says it's okay to go back to work.

The reality is, Trump can't order a damn thing. He has no say so over whether companies decide to open back up or not. All he can do is run his mouth. If he does try to order the country back to work I hope the vast majority of industries in the bigger cities thumb their noses at him and stay closed. That would make him mad as a hornet and look like the fool he is.

by Anonymousreply 76March 27, 2020 4:33 PM

[quote]The sad reality is, he will not only get away with it, he will most likely be voted in again. It makes me really lose all hope to be honest. I'm not even American and it fills me with utter despair that someone so corrupt, so self-serving, so fundamentally evil and incapable can be in the most powerful position in the world. Something is so fundamentally wrong with that it's like living in a parallel dimension. I keep hoping I wake up and it's been The Matrix all along.

You summed up my feelings perfectly.

by Anonymousreply 77March 27, 2020 5:27 PM

Trump: "I don't think..."

That's your fucking problem asshole. You need to be indicted and charged with manslaughter.

by Anonymousreply 78March 27, 2020 6:02 PM

[quote] I imagine when Easter nears Trump will find some way to get out of telling people it's okay to go back to work, and blame it all on the democrats

I agree with R76.

Most blue state Governors have ordered their states to shelter in place.

DUMP can say whatever he wants to say, but California, NY, and all the others will still be taking precautions, until the Governors of those states, lift the order.

by Anonymousreply 79March 27, 2020 6:21 PM

Do you know what that rotten fucker did to the Gov. of Michigan. First he attacks her on Fox last night. Then he makes these pronouncements about governors not really needing all the equipment they ask for?

So she has been begging for weeks for extra ventilators because 98% of the hospitals are at capacity? And She went public today: She has contracts with vendors who are being told by the WH not to send any ventilators to Michigan! This is deliberate, and he was telegraphing it setting the stage for the past few days. What a rotten motherfucker. What a despicable piece of shit he is. And JARed is involved too "working" with the vendors. These are some ugly people. So ugly. Seeing this, do not doubt for a minute: There is nothing they will not do. Nothing is to terrible or too base. There is not bottom to the depths of depravity they will sink to.

by Anonymousreply 80March 27, 2020 6:25 PM

Next 2 weeks are supposed to be the peak, then a downturn. Trump knows it. He’ll say “I told you Easter would be fine. You see? It’s going away now. The heat is here & it’s killing the virus, like i told you it would,”

by Anonymousreply 81March 27, 2020 6:37 PM

[quote] She has contracts with vendors who are being told by the WH not to send any ventilators to Michigan!

Can the vendors do that, during a national emergency?

Why don't more people know about this?

Why aren't the news outlets broadcasting this??!!!

by Anonymousreply 82March 27, 2020 6:41 PM

I wish Trump would get a debilitating stroke that leaves him wheelchair bound and unable to speak and he has to live in that condition for twenty years.

by Anonymousreply 83March 27, 2020 6:53 PM

[quote] Can the vendors do that, during a national emergency? Why don't more people know about this? Why aren't the news outlets broadcasting this??!!!

The news networks are so damn skittish about reporting anything on this fool unless they have definitive proof. They won't report this unless they have a recording of Trump saying that, or unless someone he said it to is willing to go on camera and repeat it, which you know they won't.

by Anonymousreply 84March 27, 2020 6:59 PM

I guess they plan on losing Michigan?

Unless they plan to hack the polls...

by Anonymousreply 85March 27, 2020 7:05 PM

um, no, r84. they also go with unnamed and anonymous sources.

by Anonymousreply 86March 27, 2020 7:06 PM

"I Don't Think"...he got that right. He doesn't think. The governors are using the statistics that they have to "project" what they think they'll need when the surge is on. What the fuck is so difficult to understand?

by Anonymousreply 87March 27, 2020 7:06 PM

No, this was the Governor. After he went off on her last night she told it ALL, baby! She went public with his filth today. The Michigan media is covering it.It's no lie. She is good people . See Trump already telegraphed his behavior, as he has done before. And he has also withheld aid to the needy before Remember Puerto Rico? And he is a proven liar. This, along with the stockpiles of 39 million masks found in a federal warehouse in Indiana? Come on. There is some lowdown, filthy graft and bullshit going on. While he distracts the media with his Faux"briefings" JAred and the rest are fucking with the supply chain, playing politics, and doing that "quid pro quo" thing Trump is famous for. Ugly bastard. The media needs to expose this fucker. Whitmer has Ford and GM plants in Michigan.Make the fucking ventilators and GIVE them to her. Fuck Trump.

by Anonymousreply 88March 27, 2020 7:32 PM

Governors In Need Learn How To Handle The President | Morning Joe | MSNBC

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 89March 27, 2020 7:45 PM

[quote]The sad reality is, he will not only get away with it, he will most likely be voted in again.

There's not much evidence for this. His approval numbers have (barely) risen temporarily as part of a rally-round-the-flag reaction - it's happening in every country. It won't last. He's never been popular, and alienating the people of Michigan is not exactly the way to go about getting re-elected.

by Anonymousreply 90March 27, 2020 7:46 PM

He will be leaving office soon. One way or another.

by Anonymousreply 91March 27, 2020 7:47 PM

[quote]A TWO TRILLION dollar rescue package for the economy, and yet they can't authorize production of 40,000 respiratory masks?

Trump can do this at the stroke of a pen, by activating the Defense Production Act to require manufacturers to produce ventilators. (He keeps saying he's done this already, but in fact he hasn't.)

He refuses to do that, apparently because his advisors say it'll turn us into Venezuela or something stupid. But I assume Congress figured it's his job, not theirs. And it is. Congress has the power of the purse, but it can't put out executive orders.

by Anonymousreply 92March 27, 2020 7:50 PM

Those coward governors choosing to flatter that tub of shit are only helping his reelection chances. They need to grow a pair and go after that motherfucker full force.

by Anonymousreply 93March 27, 2020 7:51 PM

What would you have them do, r93?

by Anonymousreply 94March 27, 2020 9:45 PM

Correction: he has (finally) just activated the Defense Production Act to get GM to make ventilators.

And yeah - the governors are in a tight spot. What are they supposed to do, if Trump can prevent their citizens from getting the equipment they need?

by Anonymousreply 95March 27, 2020 9:47 PM

It's going to be hilarious after Trump is gone from Washington watching all the Republicans in Congress suddenly railing against him and talking about what a miserable excuse for a POTUS he was. Gutless sons of bitches.

by Anonymousreply 96March 27, 2020 9:50 PM

It'll mean nothing, R96. I'd spit in their faces if they tried to do that.

by Anonymousreply 97March 27, 2020 9:51 PM

[quote] What would you have them do, [R93]?

The Governors of every state Trump is denying or delaying help to needs to file suit against him tomorrow. Then immediately stop submitting any state tax collections to the Federal Government until they get the help they need. Use that federal money to pay for the services and equipment they need.

by Anonymousreply 98March 27, 2020 9:53 PM

R98, I actually said that a few days ago about NY. Who in the hell is the federal govt (esp. cunts like Mitch) to fuck with states like NY and CA with how much we have to provide for the red state parasites like KY who give NOTHING.

NO MONEY TO DC.

by Anonymousreply 99March 27, 2020 9:56 PM

He is doing a 180 right now.

by Anonymousreply 100March 27, 2020 10:00 PM

[quote] Then immediately stop submitting any state tax collections to the Federal Government

That’s exactly what the confederates want. To defund the federal government. They’ve hated the federal government since 1865 & intensified their hatred when US marshals forcibly integrated schools in the south.

“We want to cut the federal government down to the size where we can drown it in the bathtub.”

by Anonymousreply 101March 27, 2020 10:01 PM

R101, there are several differences.

by Anonymousreply 102March 27, 2020 10:03 PM

I can only imagine the billions of dollars a year the state of California hands over to the Feds every year (if not every month).

by Anonymousreply 103March 27, 2020 10:06 PM

The reality is, Trump can't order a damn thing. He has no say so over whether companies decide to open back up or not.

This isn't entirely true; he has influence over what the military/DoD does - and by extension, government contractors. In my area, I am guessing government contractors will go back to work after Easter. There will be some kind of "split shift" thing and not all contractors will come back, but in some areas, people with job associated with (though not necessarily for) the federal government will go back to work sooner rather than later...

by Anonymousreply 104March 27, 2020 10:09 PM

R103, if CA were it's own country, it would have the fifth largest economy.

Now were does KY, AL, MS, AR, AK, WY, ID or every other fucked up red state that all rank lower as they wield so much undeserved power.

by Anonymousreply 105March 27, 2020 10:10 PM

where*

by Anonymousreply 106March 27, 2020 10:10 PM

Just crowd source the funds from the community and buy the equipment. By the time they get anything from this braindead administration, many patients would be dead already.

by Anonymousreply 107March 27, 2020 10:16 PM

If it gets to the point cities are having to dig huge pits to bury all the dead in mass graves, maybe a few of the nitwits who think this is all an overblown hype will start to get scared. And if something good doesn't happen soon I predict that will happen at some point.

by Anonymousreply 108March 27, 2020 10:25 PM

Dead liberals? Pass me a beer. This is too good to be true.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 109March 27, 2020 10:32 PM

"I'm not some sort of fucking supply clerk!"

by Anonymousreply 110March 27, 2020 10:37 PM

Who knew that 3AM call would be about a virus and medical equipment?

by Anonymousreply 111March 27, 2020 10:58 PM

The retard Trump has made a complete turnaround today. Now he's lambasting GM and Ford for only to committing to provide 6000 ventilators by the end of April and he suddenly says "we desperately need 40,000".

I swear the man lies so damn much he's lost track of his own first name.

by Anonymousreply 112March 27, 2020 11:52 PM

The Democratic attack ads finally made him do something. He's scared shitless.

See? These Super PACs DO accomplish something good, sometimes.

by Anonymousreply 113March 28, 2020 12:00 AM

The thing is...it's kinda NOT the time to get partisan considering that it's the end of the world as we know it, BUT I wish Pelosi and Schumer would find a way to publically dispute his bullshit to the masses--beyond preaching to the choir. Maybe hold briefings of their own to counter his false information. I just don't know how they could do it without seeming...petty.

by Anonymousreply 114March 28, 2020 9:43 AM

Pelosi and Schumer are going to keep relatively quiet about Trump because unfortunately they needs the fat fool's signature on bills that get passed, and they know how petulant he can be when he thinks they've been mean to him. They'll have their time to lambast Trump after he's gotten rid of.

by Anonymousreply 115March 28, 2020 10:21 AM

The asswipe is too stupid to realize how it works in politics. So he had them send De Santis in Florida every single thing he asked for within a three day turn around and with the Democratic governor of Michigan he stiffed her, and he did it to other governors too. Democrats. But it's not the governor you need to worry about it's the fucking VOTERS donnie! So in Michigan where you still have racist imbeciles supporting you, yiu may want to trow them some PPE and ventilators so you supporters don't die, asswipe.

by Anonymousreply 116March 29, 2020 4:19 AM

Why is Trump using privately owned Boeing Dreamliners when WE HAVE A WHOLE FUCKING MILITARY WE’VE ALREADY PAID FOR?

We’ve got US Air Force/National Guard C130s. Yuge cargo planes - I watch them take off and land multiple times a day 10 miles from where I live as pilots are trained how to fly them. We’ve got naval ships for transport & hospitals.

Why was WALMART involved in a press conference claiming their parking lots could be used as drive thru testing sites? We’ve got public school & state community college & university parking lots that can be used. The schools are shut down, there’s no risk of infecting students.

Trump is DELIBERATELY PRIVATIZING DISASTER AID when we e spent trillions on public schools & civil defense military forces.

FUCKING IDIOT, WE’RE NOT AT WAR. Call out the military & let the generals use plans that are already in place for mass disasters.

by Anonymousreply 117March 29, 2020 2:49 PM

If Obama did this against states or people that didn't like him, you'd all be applauding him saying "Well that's what you get for being racist" because of course anyone who dislikes Obama is racist.

by Anonymousreply 118March 29, 2020 3:08 PM

R118? Obama wouldn't have done it, because we already have proof of him sending money to people who hated him. We already have proof of healthcare being given to Republicans who didn't have it before ACA and you know what their reaction was "I don't want to give credit to that nigger." Obama attempted to fund retraining for coal miners for jobs that actually prepared them to live in teh 21st century - they rejected it.

FUCK. YOU. Trump isn't fit to be the shit on th bottom of Obama's shoe - and no one has to worship Obama to know which one is a human being and which one is a steaming pile of shit not even worthy to be fertilizer.

You're an unthinking idiot. Even GWB who was a pos is not as disgusting as Trump. Trump is a cancer.

by Anonymousreply 119March 29, 2020 4:09 PM

GWB at least had a human side to him. Trump lacks any sort of basic humanity.

by Anonymousreply 120March 29, 2020 4:27 PM

R119, Not everyone who dislikes Obama calls him a "nigger" you braindead Obama cultist.

by Anonymousreply 121March 29, 2020 4:51 PM

He thinks he's still running his company (that's all he knows) and people want perks and outlandish favors at his expense.

His flippant behavior at those press briefings (a room he's avoided since the Russians elected him) is appalling. No empathy, just numbers.

by Anonymousreply 122March 29, 2020 5:39 PM

R121, I'm not a cultist. How brain dead are you that you think one would have to be a cultist to know that there were people in the south who finally got healthcare for the first time under Obama and literally said they didn't want to give him credit - and they were clearly people who leaned racist. I never said anyone who disliked him was racist. The ones I mentioned ARE. Southern conservatives who finally got healthcare and who clearly said they hated given Obama credit and it was clearly because they're the typical, Republican racist whites who make up much of the south.

You said something very stupid in that first post "If Obama did what Trump did" and then followed with the abhorrent thing Trump does thinking Obama would ever do it when we already know Obama wouldn't, because he has proven it already he doesn't punish people for not worshiping him. You really believe if Kansas needed ventilators, Obama would say "No, they haven't been nice to me!" Do you really believe someone has to be a god damned cultist to know that isn't Obama's nature or any other president before this odious pile of shit? Are you that warped? No normal person thinks like you do because everyone knows Trump is in his own category. I even mentioned GWB as being less repulsive (despite the blood of civilians on his hands) and you ignored that, eh?

Obama tried to work with Republicans even after the first thing out of turtle's mouth was "Our job is to make him a one term president." So turtle's job wasn't to work for the American people, it was to play politics. And that's what Trump does with the lives of Americans. We have fucking proof of his spite . Now show me proof of Obama withholding say...natural disaster aid from a red state. Go on. You think someone has to be a cultist to know truth from your hypothetical bullshit?

by Anonymousreply 123March 29, 2020 8:48 PM

R123, You watch too much CNN. Obama was a sad sack of shit for a president. Nor everyone in the south who dislikes him does it feels that way because he's black. Not even a sizable portion. There is more racism amongst coastal eli tr e because you spend all your free time obsessing over race.

Fuck you Obama cultists. He was no better than Trump.

by Anonymousreply 124March 29, 2020 9:02 PM

[quote] . Nor everyone in the south who dislikes him does it feels that way because he's black.

Plenty of Russians hate Obama because he is black & because he hated Putin’s oligarch ass & put sanctions on it,

Poor babies

by Anonymousreply 125March 29, 2020 9:11 PM

I watch NO CNN, you idiot. I haven't watched CNN in more than 15 years, asshole. And you're deflecting, because you're a shithead.

You had no response to the specific examples I cited. You think I had to watch CNN to know that Obama earmarked funds specifically for coal miners? The types of people who vote Republican. Why would I need to watch CNN to know he did that? You think that never happened? Guess what? Trump took those funds out of his budget. You told a LIE. You specifically said Obama would do what Trump did: Punish states/people who didn't worship him. He has sent natural disaster aid to red states. The ACA benefits millions of low income conservatives.

How weak are you that you think countering your lie with a fact is being a cultist? You must be a fucked up BernieBro, so you're clearly projecting about cultists.

by Anonymousreply 126March 29, 2020 9:11 PM

Anytime someone dismisses criticism of Obama racism is a give away that they watch too much tv. That's what the MSM spent 8 years doing and it was always pathetic and transparent.

by Anonymousreply 127March 29, 2020 9:15 PM

R127, I give up. you're a fucking troll. Shithead. On ignore.

by Anonymousreply 128March 29, 2020 9:16 PM

* anytime someone dismisses criticism of Obama as Racisim

by Anonymousreply 129March 29, 2020 9:16 PM

Girls, girls — you’re both cunts!

by Anonymousreply 130March 29, 2020 9:40 PM

I think somebody must have just explained to Trump what a ventilator is and what it does.

I think he thought it was some sort of ventilation unit, like an air conditioner.

by Anonymousreply 131March 29, 2020 9:57 PM

Arizona's Director of Emergency Management resigned yesterday. The governor is facing criticism for not locking down the state. The hiking trails out here are full of people.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 132March 29, 2020 10:32 PM

I recall Obama saying on multiple occasions that he “wanted” to be everyone’s President, not just his supporters’. Trump has said no such thing and has never reached out beyond his base, unless you consider “vote for me, what have you got to lose” as “reaching out”. It sounds more like demanding surrender, than outreach, to me.

by Anonymousreply 133March 30, 2020 5:51 AM

[quote]Fuck you Obama cultists. He was no better than Trump.

What flavor Fool-Aid they serving today?

by Anonymousreply 134March 30, 2020 9:36 AM

Obama deported a record number of illegals ( mostly the crimnals and ones who did nothing here) while keeping the dreamers and giving them a shot at going to college or joining the miliary. Why exacty do rethugs hate that?

by Anonymousreply 135March 30, 2020 9:43 AM

Certainly the former presidents cannot want trump to win in November. Why are they not stepping forward to speak out against him? Especially Obama who is highly respected. Whether they support Bernie or Biden they must step forward to help defeat this monster.

by Anonymousreply 136March 30, 2020 10:01 AM

I hope Govs Cuomo, Inslee and Whitmer are keeping meticulous daily notes and transcripts of what has transpired with this vile, sociopathic criminal and that they will turnover this info to U.S. Attorney General Kamala Harris (or whoever Biden picks) in 2021 for her to pursue.

by Anonymousreply 137April 5, 2020 4:30 PM

I also blocked R127. He's a Trump cultist.

by Anonymousreply 138April 5, 2020 4:57 PM

Biden has nothing to run on except being BO's VP. And they screwed the country up

by Anonymousreply 139April 5, 2020 11:01 PM

Now they're confiscating supplies. Yes. YOU read this right. The federal government is confiscating supplies from hospitals and states. We need to expose this. The media needs to be all over it. Because when the media decides to spotlight something, and really highlight it, those fuckers back down.

by Anonymousreply 140April 9, 2020 12:16 PM

Seriously R140? Do you have a source? That's fucked up if true.

by Anonymousreply 141April 9, 2020 2:33 PM

Saw it in a link to the LA Times on Twitter. I'll try to find it.

by Anonymousreply 142April 9, 2020 2:49 PM

Damn.This is just breaking. Google Feds confiscating medical supplies and you'll get links to the NYT, LA Times, Talking PointsMemo NBC, MSNBC, and more. So yeah. FEMA, is cockblocking. This makesPence look bad. Good. He needs to share the fuck ups. He was put in charge of working with the states and coordinating all this. I also see Jared's slimy paws all over this. They will fuck up a two car funeral.

by Anonymousreply 143April 9, 2020 2:54 PM

Anyone posting ANYTHING positive about Trump is a troll. I mean...why even engage?

by Anonymousreply 144April 10, 2020 9:58 AM

He thinks acting tough will endear him to voters and make him look like a strong leader the rulers he looks up to are dictators such as Putin, Kim in North Korea and Erdogan in Turkey.

by Anonymousreply 145April 10, 2020 11:08 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!