Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Why did Janet Jackson's career sink?!

I was never a fan of Janet. But I know she had a huge fan base. What happened to her?!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 570January 14, 2021 2:04 AM

It's usually said that the most loyal fanbase is girls and gay men but I think as artists age, if they don't have old white males as a fanbase, their touring ability suffers, especially in venues above theatres (arenas, stadiums etc.). Also dancers age out quicked than singers.

by Anonymousreply 1March 27, 2020 7:38 AM

Same thing that has happened to Madonna and other female music artists of 1990's and early 2000's, JT has aged and world has moved on to an extent.

JT is 53, and while not old per se; it can seem almost ancient when trying to appeal to an audience that either wasn't born when you were in your prime, or barely out of elementary school.

by Anonymousreply 2March 27, 2020 9:33 AM

Sorry, make that "JJ" not JT in above post.

by Anonymousreply 3March 27, 2020 10:09 AM

Because she can't sing.

by Anonymousreply 4March 27, 2020 10:59 AM

That is true I'm afraid.

Like Madonna and others JJ is more of a mover on stage complete with backup dancers, props, etc... But also like Madonna she's always miked, and her studio recordings rely heavily on modern engineering.

There are plenty of younger performers who do the same thing pretty much and that is who are drawing crowds atm.

No one wants to see granny Madonna grab her crotch and try to act like it's the 90's, ditto goes for JJ.

If any of these performing artists had real actual singing talent they could take pages from Tony Bennett, Ella Fitzgerald and scores of others who continued to release work and had decent enough careers until the end. Even Frank Sinatra manged to knock it out of the part with his Duets recording.

by Anonymousreply 5March 27, 2020 11:09 AM

TIT.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6March 27, 2020 12:21 PM

No one is on top forever. Janet had a wonderful and by music standards LONG, LONG career of making hits

by Anonymousreply 7March 27, 2020 12:35 PM

i think what also "hurts" jackson's career is basically all of her songs sound the same for the most part, she never takes risks, she never does "concept" albums/cd's and even her dance moves are the same for the past 3 decades... she also seems to have a "vague" personality as well...

by Anonymousreply 8March 27, 2020 12:38 PM

Yeah Janet was essentially an A list pop star from, what, 1986 until the 2004 Super Bowl? I guess you could argue that All for You marked the end of tenure at the top, but even then 15 years is an awesome run.

by Anonymousreply 9March 27, 2020 12:40 PM

Yeah Janet had/has an a noteworthy career either way. I view her as the last chapter in the Jackson music era, which pretty much dominated music for almost 40 years. R&B was already in decline in the mid 2000s as hip-hop took over, so even without the Superbowl, Janet's career would've cooled off anyway. All For You was such an awesome album I feel like its pretty overlooked in Janet's body of work.

by Anonymousreply 10March 27, 2020 1:05 PM

R8 it's actually the opposite.

She was a major star while she stuck to the basic formula: catchy, funky dance grooves with 1 or 2 slick ballads, created by Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis.

When she tried to veer from that and do concept albums (Velvet Rope was the start, even though it ws also J&L), it sucked.

she needs to get back with them and just do a new version of the Control album, use the 80s instruments and sound. Today it will sound fresh an new vs. all the computer-generated non-music out there.

by Anonymousreply 11March 27, 2020 1:41 PM

Why’d it sink? She sat on it.....

I’m here all week.

by Anonymousreply 12April 13, 2020 2:08 PM

Not a lot of talent

by Anonymousreply 13April 13, 2020 2:11 PM

Why do we have to discuss someone who hasn't been relevant for over 20 years?

by Anonymousreply 14April 13, 2020 2:18 PM

I can’t believe she ever got a career and even some icon awards. She has tiny voice, tiny fake plastic nose, huge fake plastic tits. Her performance style and dancing is complete obsolete. What is Latoya doing these days?

by Anonymousreply 15April 13, 2020 2:31 PM

R8 literally every single album she made in the 80s and 90s was a concept album.

by Anonymousreply 16April 13, 2020 3:41 PM

What I would give to have had her career.

by Anonymousreply 17April 13, 2020 5:10 PM

Better question: why did it ever rise in the first place?

by Anonymousreply 18April 13, 2020 8:17 PM

Her career died along with her brother. She was simply used as filler between her brother's projects, to keep his fans interested in the "Jackson Brand". And it worked. The problem with that, for her, was that he became a drug addicted, kid diddling, train wreck with a disfigured horror of a face who killed himself. Game over for Janet.

by Anonymousreply 19April 13, 2020 8:26 PM

Her revisionist story is that the Superbowl incident is what killed her career.

That's not true and her career was already cooling before then.

by Anonymousreply 20April 14, 2020 11:30 AM

R20 Agree, That's why Janet exposed her tits in Superbowl, Her career was dying and she wanted some splash

by Anonymousreply 21April 14, 2020 11:41 AM

Because the entire Jackson family is as creepy as fuck and always have been???

by Anonymousreply 22April 14, 2020 11:43 AM

She might've been able to hang on a little longer if she'd stuck with Jam and Lewis longer (and her Superbowl attention grab not backfired). They knew how to do the most with her vocal limitations and could really crank out catchy songs.

The vast majority of her output outside of her works with them were underwhelming at best, and had nothing to make up for the weak vocals.

Her fluctuating weight and ever changing face didn't help either, with her increasing attempts to try to push a sexy image.

by Anonymousreply 23April 14, 2020 12:11 PM

She needs to whisper-sing more danceable tracks.

by Anonymousreply 24April 14, 2020 12:29 PM

Can’t sing.

Belongs to the freaky Jackson family cult.

Belongs to the freaky Jehovah’s witnesses cult.

Tight abs that sold her albums decades ago are long gone.

by Anonymousreply 25April 14, 2020 12:38 PM

JanBot is not taking the bait. I hope she is ok. I hear there is an awful flu going around.

by Anonymousreply 26April 14, 2020 12:53 PM

Her mistake was just saying no to the skin bleach and propofol.

She could have been in a hazy cloudwhite heaven with me instead of a has-been on a dying planet.

by Anonymousreply 27April 14, 2020 12:59 PM

She is nothing like Madonna, as big a cunt as she is.

Madonna doesn't mime most of her songs nor rely heavily on help. When she was sick during her last arena tour in 2016, it was quite noticeable. Also, Madonna mixes it up dance wise. Madonna's touring record is second to none without doing Greatest Hits Tours. If Madonna does a Greatest Hits Tour, the numbers will be staggering. Madonna's sound has always changed and moved forward, for better or worse. Madonna can actually sing. Spare me the bullshit that she can't. She can. Live and in the studio, Madonna has shown time and again she has the chops. She's no Whitney but she is no Janet. She can sing circles around Janet.

Janet has no talent. She can dance but it is the same robotic military moves her brother did. Her sound did change a bit but then her progression stopped. She doesn't have the voice to carry a long career. She has some great songs but her output since the late 90's has been stunted. Even playing the hits, she can't fill up but small arenas. And even then, she has trouble putting asses in seats.

by Anonymousreply 28April 14, 2020 1:05 PM

She didn’t say no skin bleaching, but she knew when to stop.

by Anonymousreply 29April 14, 2020 2:07 PM

Why even go see this bitch live? She mimes like her brother (MJ mimed whole shows- look it up). She does the same dance moves from 1986. There is no interest in her now. She was also very arrogant compared to her limited talent. JJ and TL propped her up as did her name. She would have been J-Lo's back up dancer had she not been given a contract due to her brother.

by Anonymousreply 30April 14, 2020 2:21 PM

Did it sink, or did it go straight down the shitter?

I blame JT.

by Anonymousreply 31April 14, 2020 4:12 PM

Janet was one of the least talented singers ever. She also had a lot of luck and connections throughout her life. Despite that, she had good producers, which are hard to find in Minneapolis. At a time when gay men were oppressed beyond belief, they identified with her struggles and she theirs.

by Anonymousreply 32April 14, 2020 4:13 PM

The music business is brutal. Stars age out usually by the end of their 20s up to mid-30s unless it's some classic icon or rock band. Janet had a MUCH better career than most and was, at one time, probably the biggest star in the business. Plus as others point out, she is more of a stage performer and has a thin voice. Those types don't do as well.

by Anonymousreply 33April 14, 2020 4:42 PM

[quote]Her career died along with her brother. She was simply used as filler between her brother's projects, to keep his fans interested in the "Jackson Brand". And it worked.

Hardly, Janet was a bigger star (chartwise) than Michael till the time of his death.

But Janet HAD a huge and LONG career, for music. She was dying down by the early 2000s but so had Whitney Houston and Mariah two others who had huge and long careers. It's just how it goes.

by Anonymousreply 34April 14, 2020 5:07 PM

[quote]JanBot is not taking the bait. I hope she is ok. I hear there is an awful flu going around.

Yeah. Normally by this point Janbot would be posting one of those long list of statistics (first black female singer to...).

Hope Janbot's still with us -- even if Janet's career isn't.

by Anonymousreply 35April 14, 2020 5:19 PM

Why have Janet's concerts been cancelled? It's not like one couldn't socially distance at them.

by Anonymousreply 36April 14, 2020 5:21 PM

She was good at her thing, which was the Jackson thing. She and Michael both had major pop-rock presences, which is really interesting in retrospect because there aren’t a whole lot of black performers who operate in that genre. They still stand out in a lot of ways. But their music was a very specific type of rock/R&B hybrid that doesn’t really exist any longer. It’s an outdated sound.

Pop music still sounds essentially like pop music. Pop from the 80s, 90s, 2000s, 2010s and now is recognizable as pop even though style has changed a lot.

The same can be said for rock, R&B, hip hop, rap, country.

The Jacksons sounded distinctively like themselves, and that sound now belongs to a bygone era. Michael Jackson is dead, and I think his death more or less made the whole Jackson enterprise part of the past.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37April 14, 2020 5:22 PM

More of the “Jackson sound”—rapid percussion and electric guitars.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38April 14, 2020 5:24 PM

And as good as both Janet and Michael were at their kind of dancing, un retrospect, it’s a very boy band/girl group type of formation dancing that feels a little dated, or if not dated, then at least feels silly for adults to be doing. Leave it to BTS and the teeny boppers to move like this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39April 14, 2020 5:27 PM

Celine has done the best out of all of them.

by Anonymousreply 40April 14, 2020 5:33 PM

But I see MadBot is alive and well.

by Anonymousreply 41April 14, 2020 5:44 PM

R36 made me LOL.

by Anonymousreply 42April 14, 2020 5:47 PM

Is there such a person, R41?

by Anonymousreply 43April 14, 2020 5:47 PM

R40 No, she hasn't.

Janet was not rock at all. She did a "rock" song on a few albums or was it just Black Cat? Either way, laughable.

She was never the biggest star at any point in her career. She did have a moment where Madonna imploded and she was briefly more successful but then she was over shadowed by Mariah, then Whitney then Madonna again. Then once Britney and those teeny boppers came along, Janet could never recover while Mariah and Madonna continued to be successful.

by Anonymousreply 44April 14, 2020 5:49 PM

She's not that famous internationally.

by Anonymousreply 45April 14, 2020 5:51 PM

[quote]Why have Janet's concerts been cancelled? It's not like one couldn't socially distance at them.

That's the funniest thing I've heard since the virus took over, R33.

Thanks for making me L A U G H ! ! ! !

by Anonymousreply 46April 14, 2020 5:53 PM

[quote] Hardly, Janet was a bigger star (chartwise) than Michael till the time of his death.

No. Janet was never as big as Michael in ANY way. Janet fans tend to do this all the time. They claim she was as big as Madonna and Michael Jackson which is so fucking untrue. Madonna was far bigger than Janet and even she wasn't as big as Michael Jackson. I say this as someone who makes fun of him and cant stand his persona. Michael Jackson is the biggest solo star of all time. He is the only solo artist who will be as remembered as The Beatles. Madonna is a tier below him and Janet is two or three tiers below her. Unlike Madonna or Michael, her hits were mainly in America with little attention elsewhere. Janet is not even one of the 10 biggest female stars of all time.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47April 14, 2020 5:53 PM

R33 That was me LOL. And it is so true.

by Anonymousreply 48April 14, 2020 5:56 PM

Celine just sold out Arena's all over America last year, and was due to play Arena's all over Europe this summer (not one cancelled show either). She also had two of the most successful Vegas residencies in history.

Only on DL could that be considered a failure.

by Anonymousreply 49April 14, 2020 5:58 PM

Madonna was definitely bigger than her in the '80s than Whitney (circa The Bodyguard), Mariah (circa Daydream), Celine (circa Titanic) too.

Justin Timberlake was also more *current* than her when the Superbowl happened. By then Britney, Christina Aguilera, and (you won't believe this, but it's true though not in music terms) Jessica Simpson were bigger than her.

And younger.

Which is probably what motivated her to do that 'wardrobe malfunction'. She was also probably inspired by all the publicity Britney and Madonna got from their kiss at the MTV Music Awards in 2003. They didn't really get much backlash for that really. But the Superbowl has a different audience and significance.

by Anonymousreply 50April 14, 2020 6:01 PM

*thEn Whitney

by Anonymousreply 51April 14, 2020 6:02 PM

R49 No one said Celine isn't successful but she is not the #1 female touring force. She is very successful but she plays to her audience with the hits. You can't compare to Madonna who doesn't play the hits on tour yet her tours are huge. Madonna not playing the hits is a bitchy thing to do (surprise).

by Anonymousreply 52April 14, 2020 6:07 PM

She was blacklisted after Nipplegate. I thought this was common knowledge?

by Anonymousreply 53April 14, 2020 6:31 PM

She was probably on the way out before Nipplegate. But Les Moonves seems to have gotten his wish of writing her out of history, so to speak. Look at youtube--her stats are awful. Let's put it this way-Madonna's youtube views have gained significantly over the past few years despite lagging behind Mariah and Whitney originally. Madonna's top 10 videos get a combined 1.4 or 1.5 million views a day. Janet? 121 THOUSAND views a day. That doesn't bode well for her legacy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54April 14, 2020 6:37 PM

Blacklisted? Bwhahahahahahahahahah. She was dead in the water when she got SB and thought she'd pull one over on us. Then, and this is what sunk her, she cried and made up the lamest excuse ever. She LIED. And kept lying. She showed zero courage. She should have just said, yeah, I did it, it was wrong, but you know what. Oh well. Yet, she did the opposite.

by Anonymousreply 55April 14, 2020 6:39 PM

Actually, Al Jolson has the longest track record of being remembered, even if some of it was for performing in blackface. He did star in the first sound hit talking picture "The Jazz Singer" and was a huge star. Whatever reaction his name gets these days, he is remembered. And he was huge.

by Anonymousreply 56April 14, 2020 6:39 PM

Les Moonves is making Brandy have more monthly streams than her Spotify?

Please.

by Anonymousreply 57April 14, 2020 6:40 PM

Regarding Madonna views- they are bad for many reasons- Warner pulled all their artists off Youtube for years in a dispute with Youtube. They lost millions and millions of views and future views. Then, Madonna's youtube channel is managed horribly. They have barely begun to get their act together which is why her views have taken off. There are tons of fan made videos that don't count towards her views that have millions of views. Her team is shit. Maybe that is why Janet's are low.

by Anonymousreply 58April 14, 2020 6:41 PM

Streisand has had more hit records in more decades, too. Plus she could really sing and was a movie star, too.

by Anonymousreply 59April 14, 2020 6:41 PM

R58, based on daily views, Madonna's youtube is currently getting far more views than Mariah's or Whitney's. So she's doing well now. No matter what you search for Janet, her views are pitiful.

by Anonymousreply 60April 14, 2020 6:43 PM

The reason Timberlake still has a career is because he was (and still is) a pussy. He was caught bragging about the stunt he pulled with Janet after the halftime performance and then, when he and Janet started getting criticized, he denied everything and he even CRIED on the phone with executives and started apologizing and saying he had no idea that was going to happen. What a fucking douche. I can't take him seriously after hearing that.

by Anonymousreply 61April 14, 2020 6:44 PM

Madbot at r60. Only on Datalounge would somebody bring up Al Jolson in a conversation about Janet Jackson. (r56)

by Anonymousreply 62April 14, 2020 6:45 PM

Madonna youtube views are exploding. I guess she got her act together after Warner fucked her and others over. No wonder Prince hated them so much.

by Anonymousreply 63April 14, 2020 6:48 PM

I just don't think it would've even been possible to blacklist Madonna or Whitney.

They were just too big.

Mariah claimed to have been undermined by her ex, so she switched record labels.

If Janet's career could collapse so easily I guess she really was a 'product' all along.

by Anonymousreply 64April 14, 2020 7:01 PM

Inferior back flip skills tanked her career.

by Anonymousreply 65April 14, 2020 7:01 PM

Who is this non-entity troll who creates these stupid threads every few months? Janet Jackson’s career did not “sink” any more than Madonna’s or Mariah’s have, neither of whom can sell out a date or attract the least bit interest in their new music (and BOY OH BOY does Madonna try). Janet just got into the RNR HOF and spent the last several years touring non-stop to packed houses without a single cancellation — two things the denizen trolls of DL said would never happen. She also just had a successful run in Vegas.

Janet Jackson is a world-renown, Academy award-nominated legend and pop culture stalwart who created the blueprint every pop star from Britney to Rihanna to Beyoncé continues to follow. That is not conjecture, it is fact.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66April 14, 2020 7:27 PM

R64 You are correct. Rupert Murdoch has been after Madonna since 1985. His papers and channel have mercilessly gone after her, creating narratives that are still used against her to this day.

Mariah was propped up by Tommy and given so many of her hits. She has no room to then turn around and say he tried to sabotage her. He just stopped the payola. She still had Medina doing her dirty work via her proxies (Friedman for one) going after Madonna, Celine and Whitney.

Janet was so easily bumped off which shows you her pecking order.

by Anonymousreply 67April 14, 2020 7:28 PM

Madonna revealed A LOT more than having her top accidentally ripped off and her career continued and thrived.

Janbot needs new excuses.

by Anonymousreply 68April 14, 2020 7:30 PM

[quote] Janet Jackson’s career did not “sink” any more than Madonna’s or Mariah’s have

No, it really has.

Madonna's last tour managed to outsell Janet's DESPITE all the shit she pulled.

by Anonymousreply 69April 14, 2020 7:32 PM

She aged out of the pop universe that's all. And as talented as Janet is she doesn't have raw talent. People aren't going to pay to see a 55 yr old woman whisper coo, no matter how well she can dance. She isn't Tina Turner. She should be grateful; she had a 20+ career, is one of the best selling female artists of all time, and broke all kinds of records during her primacy. Jan is a legend but doesn't mean people will still pay to see that live.

by Anonymousreply 70April 14, 2020 7:35 PM

[quote]i think what also "hurts" jackson's career is basically all of her songs sound the same for the most part, she never takes risks, she never does "concept" albums

What kind of stupid nonsense is that?

I don’t know what you’ve been listening to, but Black Cat does not sound like That’s the Way Love Goes does not sound like Control does not sound like Got til It’s Gone does not sound like Together Again does not sound like Nasty... The janet. album alone spans multiple genres, from pop to rock to R&B to house. And she is one of the most risk-taking black female artists over the last four decades, particularly when you put her career next to the bland, safe likes of your Mariahs, your Whitneys, your Tonis, etc. And just about all of her output since 1986 has been concept albums. CONTROL was asserting independence, RN 1814 was a view of the various societal issues plaguing the world (and is still relevant today), the janet. album was about the artist embracing her sexuality, The Velvet Rope was a dark masterpiece that explored self-doubt, depression, losing loved ones, spousal abuse, homophobia, etc.

In other words, please don’t say fuck all until you’ve actually done your homework.

by Anonymousreply 71April 14, 2020 7:36 PM

Just wait until that bitch Madonna does a Greatest Hits tour. It will be the biggest tour of all time. Janet has tried to do GH tours but, as the poster upthread said, you couldn't catch coronavirus there.

by Anonymousreply 72April 14, 2020 7:38 PM

He voice is terrible, her nipple is disgusting, and her bro is an alleged pedo. Autotune only solves one of those problems.

by Anonymousreply 73April 14, 2020 7:39 PM

Whispercoo

by Anonymousreply 74April 14, 2020 7:41 PM

Autotune solves nothing. You have to actually have a voice for autotune to work. Listen to Britney, for example. She sounds like a robot on Autotune. Also, listen to Janet. She whispers so low Autotune doesn't pick it up. It just throws up its hands.

by Anonymousreply 75April 14, 2020 7:44 PM

SO much stupidity in here from a bunch of fags who shamefully don’t know any better.

by Anonymousreply 76April 14, 2020 7:44 PM

Janbot has arrived at R71.

by Anonymousreply 77April 14, 2020 7:45 PM

Janet is the reason that Britney, who is nothing more than a white carbon copy, even has a career.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 78April 14, 2020 7:46 PM

Go back to Lipstick Alley, R76.

by Anonymousreply 79April 14, 2020 7:46 PM

[quote]She would have been J-Lo's back up dancer

Oh the fucking irony. JLo, who admittedly got into show biz because of Janet’s iconic Pleasure Principle video, was once actually Janet’s back up dancer at one point. You’re obviously too young or too stupid to know this. Check the video and gag...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 80April 14, 2020 7:51 PM

She can't sing and then she pretended to get married and have a white baby...all bullshit. Shecwas waybtoo old to have a baby.

by Anonymousreply 81April 14, 2020 7:51 PM

^It’s called fuck off.

Please do it.

by Anonymousreply 82April 14, 2020 7:52 PM

Janet is just as creepy as Michael...in fact, some times I believe that the whole family is not even human.

by Anonymousreply 83April 14, 2020 7:55 PM

[quote] Janet Jackson’s career did not “sink” any more than Madonna’s or Mariah’s have, neither of whom can sell out a date or attract the least bit interest in their new music

Mariah and Madonna were able to generate interest in their new music up until 2008 or so. Janet stopped in 2001. And Madonna started having hits 3 years prior to Janet. And unlike Janet, some of Madonna and Mariah's hits still generate a large amount of traffic. Janet's music does not, whatever way you twist it.

by Anonymousreply 84April 14, 2020 7:55 PM

Let's face it, this style of music, funky R&B, and R&B, is pretty much dead.

by Anonymousreply 85April 14, 2020 7:58 PM

r83, Some say that they are the same person.

by Anonymousreply 86April 14, 2020 8:03 PM

[quote] Let's face it, this style of music, funky R&B, and R&B, is pretty much dead.

So reinvent yourself, Janet.

Others did it when tastes changed (Cher, Madonna, Mariah)

Janet's never been able to succeed in dance though.

Maybe because her last decent album was over two decades ago by now.

by Anonymousreply 87April 14, 2020 8:04 PM

It's because the superbowl incident. She started tanking when she showed boob. Meanwhile that's when JT rose from teenage idol to superstar singer.

by Anonymousreply 88April 14, 2020 8:11 PM

America wasn't ready for a big beautiful black titty. Racist prudes.

by Anonymousreply 89April 14, 2020 8:13 PM

Also from 2004

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 90April 14, 2020 8:15 PM

🎼WHEN I WHISPERCOO, BABY, NOTHING ELSE SEEMS TO MATTER🎼

by Anonymousreply 91April 14, 2020 8:17 PM

Justin Timbercunt isn’t worthy enough to shine Janet’s black patent leather Rhythm Nation boots. He’s lucky she gave his pissant Backstreet Boys-rip off group a break when she let them open for her on her Velvet Rope tour.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 92April 14, 2020 9:10 PM

[quote]So reinvent yourself, Janet.

Oh, she has. Time and time and time and time again.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 93April 14, 2020 9:12 PM

Mariah reinvented herself? Ha! What a laugh. Not even the fucking font on her album covers changes. The only things Mariah did to change up her image was flat iron her hair and get ginormous 800cc breast implants. Other than that, she’s STILL the same lackluster, boring, preening princess that she always was.

by Anonymousreply 94April 14, 2020 9:15 PM

[quote][R83], Some say that they are the same person.

And some say that there are a lot of idiots on this planet. You are obviously included in that number.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 95April 14, 2020 9:17 PM

Who is the bothered, basic bitch who started this troll-bait, non factor of a thread?

by Anonymousreply 96April 14, 2020 9:21 PM

[quote]Maybe because her last decent album was over two decades ago by now.

Surely you jest.

Janet’s last release, 2015’s #1 debut UNBREAKABLE, garnered her best reviews since 1997’s The Velvet Rope and made her one of only three artists (and the only black artist) to have a #1 US album in the 80s/90s/2000s/2010s.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 97April 14, 2020 9:25 PM

A number one album doesn’t mean much these days.

I think she was aging out of pop stardom before the super bowl incident, it happens to most of them. All for You was her last big hurrah, I thought Madonnas last one was her Confessions album.

by Anonymousreply 98April 14, 2020 10:12 PM

I did it first, R36, in the "Let's Be The Golden Girls During Coronavirus Outbreak" thread:

[quote]While attending the Madame X concert in Miami, Rose remarks to the others, "It's a good thing there are all of these empty seats so we can use social distancing!"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 99April 14, 2020 10:51 PM

If people can’t see her success is due to her family and she is truly talentless then they deserve to spend money on tickets and albums

by Anonymousreply 100April 14, 2020 11:37 PM

I think it's really interesting that Janet's first two albums bombed. She doesn't even acknowledge those two albums anymore. On Design of a Decade, you'd think her career started with Control.

by Anonymousreply 101April 14, 2020 11:39 PM

She’s a whore, darlin

by Anonymousreply 102April 14, 2020 11:57 PM

Janet had 15 years of success, from 86-01, and not an ounce of music success before or after. Madonna had 26 years of recording success and continues to have touring success. And of the two, I'd say Madonna was more likely to have another hit single or album before Janet.

And contrary to popular belief, Nipplegate was the best thing to happen to Janet. She had been on a fast slide down the past couple years prior to it and was able to use it as the reason her career ended. It's bullshit, of course. Her career was on the way out and would have quietly sputtered without her being able to use her disgusting, flabby udder to put the blame on. Poor cow.

by Anonymousreply 103April 15, 2020 12:08 AM

Janet performed a medley of songs from her first two albums on her Rock Witchu tour in 2008. Control was when she started having input with her music and didn’t just sing what other people wrote for her, so while her music career didn’t start with Control, that album was a rebirth of sorts.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 104April 15, 2020 12:10 AM

And just as importantly, some of Madonna's older hits still have traction. But Janet? Nope.

by Anonymousreply 105April 15, 2020 12:10 AM

R98 Madonna has had 3 #1 albums since Confessions. Last was in 2019- Madame X. She had none in the 90s yet sold 90 times more. #1s don't always tell the story.

by Anonymousreply 106April 15, 2020 12:11 AM

😂 , poor R103.

The All For You album gave Janet her highest first week sales ever and the title track broke a ton of records at radio, netted her another Grammy and was the longest running single of 2001. At the time, she’d also starred in her second consecutive # 1 US box office film and was declared the first MTV Icon. So, you see, “on the way out” would be the incorrect way to describe her career at that point.

But you tried.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 107April 15, 2020 12:17 AM

^*longest running #1 single

by Anonymousreply 108April 15, 2020 12:18 AM

She called what she does classy as opposed to Madonna yet went on to do shit more profane. She's a hypocrite and people hate that about her. She wanted to do that Superbowl stunt and it backfired so she lied lied lied. People were already over her.

by Anonymousreply 109April 15, 2020 12:19 AM

[quote]Madonna has had 3 #1 albums since Confessions.

One was dubious at best and the other was because nothing else was released that week.

by Anonymousreply 110April 15, 2020 12:20 AM

r107 lies like janet

by Anonymousreply 111April 15, 2020 12:21 AM

R106, very true. Madonna has sold more albums and ESPECIALLY more physical singles than any other female artist. You would think Mariah and Celine sold close to her amount but they don't even close.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 112April 15, 2020 12:21 AM

Like the above poster said, there are young performers (I wouldn't call them artists or singers) who are doing the same act Janet did, and they're the same age as the current generation, why would younger people want to see an old lady do the same thing that people of their own generation, like Dua Lipa or Ariana Grande are doing?

Most of us here on DL are middle-aged or very close to middle-aged and I think we tend to forget how fucking OLD people like Janet Jackson and Madonna are to young people today. They're total dinosaurs and of no interest.

To put it in perspective - if you're Gen X, Madonna and Janet's peak years are as far removed from Gen Z as the 1950s were for us.

by Anonymousreply 113April 15, 2020 12:21 AM

r110 sure, Jan.

by Anonymousreply 114April 15, 2020 12:21 AM

r113 That is just not true. I am mid-30s and never cared how old a performer was. Suddenly everybody above 25 is old. Gen Z truly think mid-20s are old.

by Anonymousreply 115April 15, 2020 12:24 AM

I don’t care how old they are when they don’t lip sync. I’m a gay from the 90s the only song of hers I know is Rhythm Nation. Everything else was forgettable

by Anonymousreply 116April 15, 2020 12:27 AM

r115 you're not Gen Z. You can actually remember Madonna and Janet at their peak. They're ancient history for younger people.

by Anonymousreply 117April 15, 2020 12:27 AM

R112 Madonna even sold her physical singles like they were albums. Those fuckers were expensive. How the hell did she move so much product? Oh, people actually liked her music. She wasn't payola'd like so many with connections. Warner Brothers was such a bad record company, Prince went insane under them. People forget how much product Madonna moved. She was so massive and worldwide.

by Anonymousreply 118April 15, 2020 12:27 AM

a #1 album means nothing. Let's take a look at some albums that have hit #1 over the past decade.

Showroom of Compassion/Cake- sold 44K its first week and dropped to #25 in week 2.

The King is Dead/Decemberists- sold 94K its first week and fewer than 200K altogether

Mission Bell by Amos Lee- sold 40K the first week and sank like a stone

Trespassing by Adam Lambert- sold 77K its first week and fewer than 200K total

Set You Free/Gary Allan- sold fewer than a quarter of a million copies total

Like Clockwork/ Queens of the Stone Age- sold 91K its first week and failed to go gold

High Hopes/ Bruce Springsteen- sold 99K his first week and fewer than 200K total

And on and on and on. And these were all from the first four years of the decade, before the music business went completely down the toilet and they started counting free streams as sales. #1 means shit all today.

by Anonymousreply 119April 15, 2020 12:29 AM

Every time Madonna released a new video, it was an event. FFS, her videos made the national news on a number of occasions.

She also released one-off singles between albums, usually songs she did for movies like Into the Groove, Live To Tell and This Used To Be My Playground, among several others. She really knew how to keep her brand out there.

by Anonymousreply 120April 15, 2020 12:30 AM

R117 That poster did not say they were Gen Z. Can you read?

Also, who gives a flying fuck what "young" kids like? They like shit like Drake and XXXtencionXXX or whoever the fuck that is. You know, a sale is a sale. If a 40 year old buys an album and a 15 year old buys an album it, hold onto something, counts the same!!!! Yes, really.

by Anonymousreply 121April 15, 2020 12:31 AM

[quote]She called what she does classy as opposed to Madonna yet went on to do shit more profane

Nothing that Janet Jackson has done in her entire career is more profane than simulating eating a man’s ass, alluding to rape and pedophilia and mimicking bestiality, all of which HAGdonna did in her tasteless Sex book and which she was justifiably raked over the coals for, so much so that she couldn’t get arrested on the US album charts throughout the entirety of the ‘90s. But you certainly tried it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 122April 15, 2020 12:33 AM

Streaming being added as sales is a fucking joke. Now, artists are having 6,7,8,9 top 40 hits from one album all due to streaming. Not sales. Not radio play. Streaming. Streaming is so manipulated. Drake just had another song debut at #1. How can a song be the most popular the week it comes out? What a joke. No wonder the music industry is dying.

by Anonymousreply 123April 15, 2020 12:33 AM

R120, can you believe Keep it Together was originally going to be released instead of Vogue? What a mistake that would have been. She already made the mistake of releasing Into the Groove as a B-side to Angel in America.

by Anonymousreply 124April 15, 2020 12:34 AM

r122 Awww you lie again but you know, have you read Janet's lyrics? Oh you're right, she doesn't write shit. Sorry. You win.

Meanwhile, Janet was implicated in a child sex scandal herself.

by Anonymousreply 125April 15, 2020 12:35 AM

I'm glad r122 posted that. Madonna owned that. She didn't go around crying and apologizing. Bitch owned it. And she was forgiven a few years later with the smash Take A Bow, followed by her award winning turn in Evita and her smashes Ray Of Light and Music.

by Anonymousreply 126April 15, 2020 12:36 AM

[quote]Meanwhile, Janet was implicated in a child sex scandal herself.

Link? Oh, right, there IS NONE BECAUSE IT DIDN’T HAPPEN.

by Anonymousreply 127April 15, 2020 12:36 AM

[quote]so much so that she couldn’t get arrested on the US album charts throughout the entirety of the ‘90s.

She had a number of hits after the Sex book. Take A Bow was her biggest hit after Vogue, I think.

by Anonymousreply 128April 15, 2020 12:38 AM

R127 Link? Read Tarrabelli's book on MJ. He strongly alludes to it. But you knew that.

by Anonymousreply 129April 15, 2020 12:38 AM

[quote]She didn't go around crying and apologizing.

No, she’s too much of a narcissist to do that. She did cry in private to her buddy Rosie O’Donnell about it though.

And Janet didn’t “go around crying and apologizing” either. She put out one mea culpa under the advisement of her management and refused to grovel further the way Les MoonHead wanted her to.

by Anonymousreply 130April 15, 2020 12:40 AM

R128 Early 90's Madonna was on fire. She was still scoring hits with Erotica. She sold out stadiums for the Girlie Show tour in 1993. She scored top 5 hits with Bedtime Story including the long running #1 Take A Bow. She was raking up hits and sales so much so she eclipsed everybody again.

R130 More lies and made up shit. Janet crawled on the floor offering blowjobs to radio station managers (even in Muncie, IN) to play her shit after 2004. To no avail!

by Anonymousreply 131April 15, 2020 12:42 AM

[quote]Read Tarrabelli's book on MJ.

An unauthorized autobiography? Surely you motherfucking jest.

by Anonymousreply 132April 15, 2020 12:42 AM

[quote] so much so that she couldn’t get arrested on the US album charts throughout the entirety of the ‘90s.

Erotica- #2 2x platinum Bedtime Stories #3 3x platinum Something to Remember #6 3x platinum Evita #2 2x platinum Ray of Light #2 4x platinum

That's every album from the 90s she released during and after the Sex book. And then she started the next decade with a #1 album that went 3x platinum. Ooops, you failed again, Jabba.

by Anonymousreply 133April 15, 2020 12:42 AM

R133 and all those albums are undercertified. Evita is 5x plat as it was a double CD. ROL will be 5 or 6 times plat next cert. Music will easily be 4 x plat if not 5. STR will be 4 x plat easily. Madonna is about 12 million albums undercertified in the USA alone.

by Anonymousreply 134April 15, 2020 12:45 AM

Her career was full of of success and number one singles for 15 years (86-01). Seems like a good run to me. EVERYBODY’s career slows down eventually.

by Anonymousreply 135April 15, 2020 12:45 AM

I remember the hilarious SHADE that Janet threw at Madonna during that era in the 90s. About Erotica’s sales, Janet’s quote goes:

“She didn't even sell that many albums. Her last album sold 2 million. They shipped it, but it got shipped back.”

😂🤣😅😁😁

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 136April 15, 2020 12:48 AM

Are people still debating who was more popular in the 90s? Madonna, by a mile. She was everywhere in the 90s. Jesus Christ, entire news programs were devoted to her. Yes, Janet was famous, but nowhere near THAT famous. No female artist was bigger than Madonna in that decade, although Whitney came pretty damn close.

by Anonymousreply 137April 15, 2020 12:49 AM

A&M never recertified Control and RN either.

by Anonymousreply 138April 15, 2020 12:49 AM

R136, it's funny because Janet's most successful album--Janet--sold less than half of what Madonna's two most popular albums, True Blue and The Immaculate Collection.

by Anonymousreply 139April 15, 2020 12:50 AM

R136 Yes, karma came for Janet and fast!

by Anonymousreply 140April 15, 2020 12:50 AM

R134 Yes, Janet is undercertified as well. True. I won't even lie. But she will be nowhere near Madonna. Madonna is the apex female. A titan. Her sales were probably never properly measured. Though she didn't doggedly pursue her true sales like he and his record company did. Madonna's 80's albums are probably criminally undercertified but Warner Bros don't give a fuck. Ask Prince!

And lets not talk about Madonna's singles being undercertified. Millions and millions and millions undercertified.

by Anonymousreply 141April 15, 2020 12:53 AM

^^^ Like MJ pursued his sales is what I meant.

by Anonymousreply 142April 15, 2020 12:54 AM

Madonna is the only female artist in the list of top 10 selling artists of all time. That's no small accomplishment.

by Anonymousreply 143April 15, 2020 12:54 AM

[quote]Are people still debating who was more popular in the 90s?

During that decade, only one of them was nominated for an Oscar, starred in a #1 movie, put out a succession of #1 albums, covered Rolling Stone with a photo that is arguably the most famous photo of a female pop star ever and broke records with her highly rated, Emmy winning HBO concert.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 144April 15, 2020 12:55 AM

Holy shit- I saw this thread and thought, "Did it turn into all about Madonna" and sure enough it did. Janbot tries to down Madonna but just makes Janet suffer in comparison. I guess you try to take on the best but Janet can't compare.

You never learn, Janbot.

by Anonymousreply 145April 15, 2020 12:57 AM

^Sorry, but I can’t translate butthurt gibberish.

by Anonymousreply 146April 15, 2020 12:58 AM

R144 No one reads your long articles you paraphrase and lie about. Half the shit you say those paid for articles say is not even true. She had the Jackson propaganda machine behind her. LIES LIES LIES

by Anonymousreply 147April 15, 2020 12:58 AM

[quote][R144] No one reads your long articles

You do, and it fills me with glee.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 148April 15, 2020 1:00 AM

R148 Nope. that laugh gif is funny as that is what the rest of the world think about when someone says Janet is talented.

by Anonymousreply 149April 15, 2020 1:01 AM

^Sorry dear. I think you got a little tongue tied there. Or tripped over your words. Similar to this...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 150April 15, 2020 1:04 AM

If only Janet could be remembered for a performance. Oh she is and everybody hates her for it. Bwhahahahaha

by Anonymousreply 151April 15, 2020 1:07 AM

Whitney shading the fuck out of Janet and her lack of a voice in that documentary......delicious!

by Anonymousreply 152April 15, 2020 1:08 AM

[quote]Janbot tries to down Madonna but just makes Janet suffer in comparison

Hi hater!! 😂

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 153April 15, 2020 1:10 AM

Poor Janet. She's just unliked and untalented. Like in the Wizard of Oz. Oz was just a tub of lard eating ice cream shitting out coffee grinds.

by Anonymousreply 154April 15, 2020 1:13 AM

R152, that was Paula Abdul lol, not Janet. It was her mom who insulted (I think) both Janet and Paula.

by Anonymousreply 155April 15, 2020 1:14 AM

You just can’t argue with the fan of MJ of Janet Jackson . They are dumb as a bag of rocks.

by Anonymousreply 156April 15, 2020 1:15 AM

A trifecta of legend.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 157April 15, 2020 1:15 AM

[quote]Whitney shading the fuck out of Janet

No, honey. They were friends. But you tried it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 158April 15, 2020 1:18 AM

Whitney knew a fraud when she saw one. Paula can sing better than Janet.

by Anonymousreply 159April 15, 2020 1:18 AM

R158 Gurrl, Whitney was high asf in that photo. She didn't care what no talent sat next to her.

by Anonymousreply 160April 15, 2020 1:19 AM

[quote]You just can’t argue with the fan of MJ of Janet Jackson .

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 161April 15, 2020 1:20 AM

Often imitated, never duplicated

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 162April 15, 2020 1:21 AM

😂🤣😁🤣

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 163April 15, 2020 1:22 AM

Whitney was a longtime Jackson family friend.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 164April 15, 2020 1:24 AM

r163 That is supposed to flatter Janet? Oh honey. Have you seen the fat pics of Manet? She's a whale.

by Anonymousreply 165April 15, 2020 1:24 AM

Oh please! Janet hasn’t been relevant for 20 years. (Madonna 15 years). I like their early work but they are both entertainers who sing. Janet does Whispercoo. They both need to “collaborate” to have a hit. Neither are great musicians. They are dancers, or perhaps musical theatre type artists. Kylie and Madonna could sing rings around Janet, and neither of them is particularly vocally gifted.

Janet got a record deal because of her last name.

Janet is in the RRHOF for diversity, and they had many, many, many better choices. Tell me Janet sings better than Chaka Khan.

Dance pop is a young person‘s game and no matter how many good memories us old farts have, the heyday of Janet (and Kylie and Madonna) are over. They are nostalgia acts. If you think otherwise you are delusional. It’s not 1990.

by Anonymousreply 166April 15, 2020 1:25 AM

I LOVED that Whitney shade. Nice to her face but true feelings came out behind the scenes. LOVED IT!

by Anonymousreply 167April 15, 2020 1:25 AM

R166 Oh look, its the Gaga loon showing up. Sweetie, she sucks.

by Anonymousreply 168April 15, 2020 1:26 AM

Remember when HAGdonna shamefully tried to duplicate Janet’s RN choreography during the Holiday segment of her Girlie Show tour? I felt embarrassed FOR her.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 169April 15, 2020 1:27 AM

That Virgin mega record deal did her no favors. She wasn't going to be able to keep the kind of momentum she needed to keep up her end of it, so she ended up pushing out more albums that were less and less quality. Control, Rhythm Nation, and janet. were major events, each representing a seismic shift in her style and image--and she was able to mine those albums for several hits over 2 years each. Then Velvet Rope fizzled and she started increasing output to make up the numbers. Too bad because it was a great album, but nobody wanted kinky experimental Janet. She was a thin-voiced dancing pop star, not avant garde. All For You was a return to form and led with one of her biggest hits, but then died out. She had become kind of stale by then.

From 1986 to 1997 she released 4 excellent albums in 11 years. From 2001 to 2008 she released 4 meh albums in 7 years. And the greatness of those 4 was largely because Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis were at the helm--it's not a coincidence her output weakened when she started relying less on them.

by Anonymousreply 170April 15, 2020 1:28 AM

But I did love when Madonna’s publicity son David (a big Janet fan) did a dance performance to Janet’s Rhythm Nation. What made it more special was that Madonna herself introduced it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 171April 15, 2020 1:30 AM

R168, I’m 48 and not a Gaga Stan. I just live in the real world, not 1990. I remember that Janet WAS big. But she isn’t now and hasn’t been for ages because she is too old for her genre. And she hasn’t sang a note live on stage in her life.

by Anonymousreply 172April 15, 2020 1:33 AM

[quote]Madonna could sing rings around Janet

Madonna can’t even sing rings around a bathtub.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 173April 15, 2020 1:34 AM

R172 Liar.

by Anonymousreply 174April 15, 2020 1:34 AM

R173 right? Madonna can’t sing and she is STILL a better singer than Janet!

by Anonymousreply 175April 15, 2020 1:35 AM

Janet could NEVER

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 176April 15, 2020 1:36 AM

Fuck you, R174. You don’t know me and you should take your meds.

by Anonymousreply 177April 15, 2020 1:36 AM

Speaking of Kylie, she and her sister Danni are big Janet fans and have both sampled and covered Janet songs over the years. Kylie even likens herself more as a Janet type of performer as opposed to Madonna, and explains it here...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 178April 15, 2020 1:36 AM

Can you imagine Janet ever singing like this? Nope.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 179April 15, 2020 1:36 AM

You can like Janet’s songs and still recognize she is an entertainer with a barely passable singing voice

by Anonymousreply 180April 15, 2020 1:38 AM

Madonna could never

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 181April 15, 2020 1:39 AM

R181 you can’t even hear Janet over the background singers. Her solos aren’t exactly blowing Aretha or Whitney out of the water. OH WOW Janet stayed on tune for 8 bars of music. LEGEND!

by Anonymousreply 182April 15, 2020 1:42 AM

Queen Janet sweetly singing “Again” with a shy French fan. Her voice is purely angelic here.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 183April 15, 2020 1:44 AM

What a four note range!! Let’s all bow down, shall we?

by Anonymousreply 184April 15, 2020 1:44 AM

Janbot baiting is kinda fun.

by Anonymousreply 185April 15, 2020 1:46 AM

Bitches I do Tyler Perry movies now. I am an acclaimed actress. I have never received a Razzie unlike some.

by Anonymousreply 186April 15, 2020 1:47 AM

[quote]Let’s all bow down, shall we?

Yep. Bow, genuflect and kiss this...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 187April 15, 2020 1:48 AM

[quote]I’m not convinced that’s even live

I’m convinced that you’re severely mentally ill.

by Anonymousreply 188April 15, 2020 1:49 AM

Get at me when whisper coo, can do this

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 189April 15, 2020 1:49 AM

That clip of David Banda dancing to Rhythm Nation is priceless!

by Anonymousreply 190April 15, 2020 1:51 AM

Not a fair comparison, Beyoncé can sing.

by Anonymousreply 191April 15, 2020 1:51 AM

R190 You think Madonna even gives Janet a passing thought. Like most everyone, she doesn’t.

by Anonymousreply 192April 15, 2020 1:52 AM

Beyoncé?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 193April 15, 2020 1:53 AM

[quote]You think Madonna even gives Janet a passing thought?

You bet.

by Anonymousreply 194April 15, 2020 1:54 AM

Queen Bey always pays homage. That wasn't my point. A certain poster acts like whisper coo is the greatest entertainer of all time. She's a great legend, and will forever be remembered for her style of crossover r&b which helped pave the way for black female singers in the mainstream. Would I pay to see her 50 year old plastic surgery face and cat eyes whisper coo around the stage, while doing 80s break dances. FUCK NO.

by Anonymousreply 195April 15, 2020 1:55 AM

I like Janet’s early stuff, but I can also admit she can’t sing.

by Anonymousreply 196April 15, 2020 1:56 AM

Her escape from her harem in the Middle East was very impressive. Madonna has never bagged a rich Arab!

by Anonymousreply 197April 15, 2020 1:58 AM

Oh please. Janet was cashing Hollywood checks when HAGdonna was trolling for trade and eating out of dumpsters on the lower east side.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 198April 15, 2020 2:06 AM

r198, You are funny. Not eating out of dumpsters though.

by Anonymousreply 199April 15, 2020 2:09 AM

—Perhaps because her talent and personality were always overinflated and boring?

by Anonymousreply 200April 15, 2020 2:10 AM

r200, I disagree. Janet was actually quite funny when she hosted SNL after nipplegate.

by Anonymousreply 201April 15, 2020 2:12 AM

Considering Janet had two flops prior to 1986’s Control and Madonna had a hit album in 1983, I highly doubt it R198. But yes, Janet was a whore for money rather than fame like M did to get a record deal. Janet had nepotism on her side. What’s funny is that she shouldn’t have had to do it late in her career after many hit albums. She must have managed her money quite poorly.

by Anonymousreply 202April 15, 2020 2:14 AM

R186, oh yes you did!

Razzie Awards 1994

Winner Razzie Award Worst New Star Janet Jackson

Nominee Razzie Award Worst Actress Janet Jackson

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 203April 15, 2020 3:23 AM

R203 LMFAO

by Anonymousreply 204April 15, 2020 3:45 AM

[quote]What’s funny is that she shouldn’t have had to do it late in her career after many hit albums.

She didn’t. Janet Jackson was, is and will always be a wealthy woman on her own. Whether she was making money as a child actress on a sitcom or amassing a fortune as THE highest paid singer in music history twice in one decade (look it up), Janet has never had financial issues unlike some of her contemporaries, who went broke or near-broke from poor money management, drug and gambling issues, etc. You will not find a story online of Janet ever having issues with money, because it has never happened. She was rich when many of the women who are her contemporaries were on the outside of show business looking in and dreaming of a career, every woman named upthread included.

But you already knew that.

by Anonymousreply 205April 15, 2020 4:51 AM

She is nepotism at its worst. The Ivanka of pop music.

by Anonymousreply 206April 15, 2020 5:04 AM

A good chunk of her money was probably spent on her useless leeching relatives.

by Anonymousreply 207April 15, 2020 6:16 AM

Janet seemed to stagnate creatively after The Velvet Rope.

I've wondered why in the past...

Does anyone have any theories?

by Anonymousreply 208April 15, 2020 7:11 AM

[quote]Are people still debating who was more popular in the 90s?

During that decade, only one of them was nominated for a Razzie, won a Razzie, got nominated for a Razzie for her first film, won a Razzie in the most embarrassing way ever and broke records by winning a Razzie for her first film.

by Anonymousreply 209April 15, 2020 7:17 AM

She never had talent..

by Anonymousreply 210April 15, 2020 7:20 AM

r209 are you even old enough to remember the 90s? Madonna was by far the most famous female pop star and female celebrity on the planet. Her fame was global.

by Anonymousreply 211April 15, 2020 7:39 AM

r209 Yeah but Madge, outside of 'Desperate', films would be critically planned AND box office busts. Poetic Justice actually made money and was a hit, as well as all the Tyler Perry films.

by Anonymousreply 212April 15, 2020 7:57 AM

If only Madonna had done a big film in the '90s, one that -- unlike Poetic Justice -- isn't totally forgotten today.

If only.

by Anonymousreply 213April 15, 2020 8:41 AM

Sold 40 billion albums

Greatest Interludes album certified Platinum

Has toured space

Remains the blueprint for the modern day yoyo dieter/harem incubator

Shelves that have collapsed under the weight of Grammys

Oscar nominee (for The Nutty Professor 2)

DL culture icon

Soon to be RNR HOF inductee after just about everyone

Second most famous member of the Jackson family

Ghostwriter to the stars

Managed to get cast in another film after her performance in POETIC JUSTICE

Won the popular vote in the last presidential race without even trying

Last five albums certified carbon fiber

FASTEST closing Vegas residency ever

Giggles can be heard on I Love Lucy laugh-track

As Queen of Pop she is head of state in sixteen countries

So dynamic when performing live insurance companies will not cover fire when she performs

Modern day eco-icon; has reused same dance moves for twenty-five years (Greta Thunberg lists her an inspiration)

Turned down role of Tootie on The Facts of Life

Flop Witchu Tour traversed eight continents

Immortalized as hologram on tour (garnering her best reviews ever)

Release groundbreaking social commentary album Rhythm Nation 1814; Berlin Fall fell and apartheid in South Africa ended soon after.

MTY Food Group (Baja Fresh parent) share price climbed more than 65% since 2013.

And STILL touring the world despite total lack of interest

All this AND her headpiece is actually turned on.

Hagdonna who?

by Anonymousreply 214April 15, 2020 9:00 AM

I love that thread comes up every-so-often and Janbot quotes the same well-honed selective facts.

You know, it would actually be fine if Janbot just said: 'Yes, Madonna was bigger. But Janet still had a great run. Fifteen years and four good albums is more than most people and Janet has nothing to be defend.'

But instead it's always the same attempts to suggest she's much, much bigger than Madonna, still relevant, still fresh, was ever a great vocalist. Janet's accomplished a lot. But none of that's true and nobody is buying it.

by Anonymousreply 215April 15, 2020 11:19 AM

Janbot was up all night in a meth fueled bender writing ridiculous lies in an attempt to pad Janet's resume.

Madonna had far bigger movie hits and lets not forget her culturally enriching movie, 'A League Of Their Own'. Plus Madonna won a major award for Best Actress. Madonna actually won major awards for her movie songs, two Golden Globes and a Grammy as the songwriter. She would have been nominated for a Best Actress Oscar for Evita had she not been a bitch and actually campaigned.

Janbot likes to post all these really dubious accomplishments for Janet "First Black Female to have a number 1 in a leap year" but to list all of Madonna's accomplishments would break DL.

by Anonymousreply 216April 15, 2020 12:12 PM

The Bodyguard was huge hit.

Evita, DSS, ALOTO all have a certain place in pop culture history.

Poetic Justice is about on par with Swept Away in terms of cultural cache.

by Anonymousreply 217April 15, 2020 12:15 PM

She got old, she got fat, she got pregnant, she got divorced (see Madonna, Mariah, Britney, Christina et al).

When people no longer want to be you/be with you, you become as irrelevant as the rest of us.

Facts.

by Anonymousreply 218April 15, 2020 12:22 PM

I don't think anybody cares about relevancy (fans, I mean). Who cares if teens like my fave. Who cares if they are currently hot. Accomplishments cannot be taken away.

by Anonymousreply 219April 15, 2020 12:34 PM

Jabita-Ho

by Anonymousreply 220April 15, 2020 12:49 PM

Wow, Jabba is just a shell of itself on this thread. You're burning out, hon. Even you don't believe the bullshit lies you're sputtering anymore. I would think it was a fake if not for your copious use of the word "faggot" whenever someone rubs your face in the facts.

by Anonymousreply 221April 15, 2020 1:06 PM

r221 meth burnout is a bitch

by Anonymousreply 222April 15, 2020 1:18 PM

God why all the haters. Someone else said upthread like Madonna she is more performance that vocalist. When you get over a certain age and your body isn't as tight it's not as easy to do all that moving and dancing for a 2 hour show. She aged out of her ability. She doesn't have the strength in her voice to just stand on a stage or sit on a stool and belt out a song and create a moment like other aging vocal talents can.

And that Muslim marriage. Way to really put a nail in coffin.

by Anonymousreply 223April 15, 2020 1:50 PM

We don't hate Janet so much as we hate JanBot.

by Anonymousreply 224April 15, 2020 1:56 PM

r223 Madonna can just sit on stage and sing. She's done it. Janet doesn't have 1/1000th the power of Madonna's voice and Madonna is no power singer like Whitney but a very capable medium voiced singer like Sheryl Crow.

Janet can never rely on her voice. She would never get a role like Evita.

by Anonymousreply 225April 15, 2020 1:59 PM

We don't hate Janet. We hate the tireless lying and obscure chart achievements janbot endlessly touts. Janet was good for what she is. But she is a cunt. So is Madonna but Madonna has talent.

by Anonymousreply 226April 15, 2020 2:04 PM

Janet was a middling talent who was able to parlay the world's hunger for her brother in between Thriller and Bad to record a soundalike album that was pretty much created by Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis. If her brother had been more prolific and put out an album at the end of 1985 (or if he had told his deadbeat brothers to go fuck themselves and not done the Victory tour), then we'd never have had a Janet Jackson.

by Anonymousreply 227April 15, 2020 2:08 PM

Interesting, r227.

by Anonymousreply 228April 15, 2020 3:00 PM

If her career really was ruined by blacklisting -- which I'm skeptical about -- then it's a fitting end. The only reason she ever had a career in the first place is because of nepotism. Her first two albums flopped hard yet she got a third chance, then had a few good albums (borrowing a lot from her brother and gaining a lot of help from others) but once she stopped working with JJ&TL she stopped having success. She was only ever really their puppet. Her thin vocals hidden somewhere on their songs.

Even Paula Abdul -- no great singer, but a good dancer who helped Janet and whose moves Janet is still using -- took the initiative to record a demo with her own money and send it to records labels. Would Janet have even bothered if music wasn't the family business? I don't know.

by Anonymousreply 229April 15, 2020 3:11 PM

She supposedly wanted to be an actress, but her dumbass father made her record her first 2 albums, with milquetoast results thanks to his poor decisions. She still tried to develop an acting career but could only get TV roles and wasn't exactly lighting the world on fire. So she smartly moved to singing/performing, where she had built-in access and used it to get the hell away from her father and pair up with real talent.

by Anonymousreply 230April 15, 2020 3:31 PM

Had Paula hooked up with JJ & TL instead, she would have had more success. Paula is no singer, either, but she is endlessly more entertaining. Janet is ok.

by Anonymousreply 231April 15, 2020 3:34 PM

Paula's two albums don't sound as dated as Janet's from the same time period.

by Anonymousreply 232April 15, 2020 4:28 PM

r231 = Colorist

by Anonymousreply 233April 15, 2020 5:07 PM

[quote]Madonna has talent.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 234April 15, 2020 5:09 PM

Jabba, get real. Madonna can sing circles around Janet. Janet barely does any singing on her records, it's all whispering. Janet would never be able to sing songs like Live to Tell, Like a Prayer, Rescue Me, Ray of Light, Frozen, etc.

by Anonymousreply 235April 15, 2020 5:10 PM

This scene here blows anything that Madonna has done on the silver screen OUT OF THE WATER.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 236April 15, 2020 5:11 PM

This video on talent alone blows any Madonna video OUT OF THE WATER (no special effect or backup dancers needed)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 237April 15, 2020 5:12 PM

As for Ms. Abdul, even she acknowledged that Janet’s RNRHOF induction was LONG overdue...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 238April 15, 2020 5:13 PM

[quote] (no special effect or backup dancers needed)

Only quick edits to rely on? That's a change for Janet.

by Anonymousreply 239April 15, 2020 5:13 PM

Why did the RNRHOF forget about her for so long?

by Anonymousreply 240April 15, 2020 5:14 PM

Janbot, please post the Janet Eating Popcorn gif soon as a response to those trolling you. I never get tired of seeing that one.

"You" by Janet Jackson is on the September 1998 Gap In-Store Playlist, which is on my Spotify now!

#StaySafeWearGap

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 241April 15, 2020 5:16 PM

With one photo alone, Janet OWNED the ‘90s and relegated Madonna to debuting on the US album charts behind the likes of Snoop Dogg and to penning 10-page letters by hand to film directors begging them to put her in their movies.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 242April 15, 2020 5:16 PM

Janbot is delusional as fuck. LOL.

by Anonymousreply 243April 15, 2020 5:19 PM

Nah, all that photo shows is that Janet got lucky once getting her tits out. She tried it again 10 years later and it didn't go so well. Know why? Because when that's all you have and everyone's already seen it, they lose interest quickly.

But you knew that, didn't you, Jabba.

by Anonymousreply 244April 15, 2020 5:33 PM

R244, I always felt that picture makes Janet look trans.

by Anonymousreply 245April 15, 2020 5:37 PM

At the 1993 MTV Awards, Janet closed the show with this iconic performance of “That’s the Way Love Goes”/“If”. When it was over, EVERYBODY had forgotten that Madonna opened the show with the lame, thirsty performance of her subpar flop single “Bye Bye Baby”.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 246April 15, 2020 5:37 PM

[quote][R244], I always felt that picture makes Janet look trans.

Well you’re GAY, so...

by Anonymousreply 247April 15, 2020 5:38 PM

R246, who the fuck cares, Janet's music isn't listened too today. It's not like that performance you posted is the equivalent of Michael Jackson singing Billie Jean for the Motown anniversary.

by Anonymousreply 248April 15, 2020 5:39 PM

It's because of her fake bolt-ons. Fake tits, fake nose, fake hair, fake writing credits.

by Anonymousreply 249April 15, 2020 5:40 PM

[quote][[R246], who the fuck cares

Well you do, for starters!

by Anonymousreply 250April 15, 2020 5:40 PM

Janet Mock, no less.

by Anonymousreply 251April 15, 2020 5:42 PM

[quote]Janet's music isn't listened too today.

Lol, what backwoods podunk white trash trailer park do YOU live in?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 252April 15, 2020 5:42 PM

[quote] It's not like that performance you posted is the equivalent of Michael Jackson singing Billie Jean for the Motown anniversary.

Of course it isn't. Jabba says it's an iconic performance because Jabba is delusional. Guaranteed no one else remembers Janet's performance. The only performance of Janet's anyone remembers is when her saggy, nasty fat udder got unleashed at the Superbowl. Whereas Madonna has dozens of iconic, memorable, still talked about to this day performances.

Oops, Jabba failed again.

by Anonymousreply 253April 15, 2020 5:43 PM

[quote]Janet Mock, no less

Indeed. Mock even named herself Janet because The Velvet Rope was so influential to her in her formative years.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 254April 15, 2020 5:44 PM

I will grant Janbot that Janet is a better dancer than Madonna.

But she’s too old to dance now so she’s got nothing

by Anonymousreply 255April 15, 2020 5:46 PM

Janbot had to dig for all these things nobody cares about or remembers because she deflects from the negative posts but it really only highlights them.

Janet was always the bridesmaid......

by Anonymousreply 256April 15, 2020 5:47 PM

r255 Oh not even close. Madonna is a right cunt bitch but her dancing is out of this world. She can move. She doesn't do easy robotic military moves. She has a litheness and fluidity Janet only wishes she possessed. There is a youtube video of Madonna's greatest dance breaks. Janet could never.

by Anonymousreply 257April 15, 2020 5:49 PM

The big 80’s stars are: Michael Jackson, Prince, Madonna, U2, Springsteen

The Janet Tier: Janet, Paula Abdul, Jody Watley, Pebbles, Expose, you get the idea

by Anonymousreply 258April 15, 2020 5:50 PM

The public remembering Janet:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 259April 15, 2020 5:51 PM

The public remembering Madonna:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 260April 15, 2020 5:51 PM

[quote] Artists who STILL remake and sample Janet’s music

Let's look at some facts, shall we? Kelly Clarkson is almost 40 now. That means she probably listened to Janet when she was younger. YouTube is the best measure of an older pop star's relevancy since nobody buys physical records and it is available globally. Her youtube channel gets less than 300,000 views a day. Mariah and Whitney are at about 1.5 million. Madonna's gets around 2.5 million. Michael Jackson gets around 3.5 million. Janet's catalogue is doing so badly, she doesn't have any songs that get more than 40,000 views a day. And Madonna doesn't even have a VEVO account yet she has 10 videos that get more than 50,000 views including 3 that are getting over 200,000! THE END.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 261April 15, 2020 5:52 PM

What about the rumors about Janet, her ex husband and the sex slaves? Usually domestic help from South Asia who came to work for them, only to find themselves in danger as things too a darker turn....

by Anonymousreply 262April 15, 2020 5:53 PM

R262, let's assume it went something like this...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 263April 15, 2020 5:56 PM

Janbot you want us to splash this page with thousands of pics of fat Jan? Do you? Janet, when she looked good, is so cut up from plastic surgery who knows what she would really look like.

by Anonymousreply 264April 15, 2020 5:57 PM

[quote]Whereas Madonna has dozens of iconic, memorable, still talked about to this day performances.

Madonna's "Vogue" performance at the MTV VMAs is legendary. It's still well-known 30 years later.

Madonna lost the plot some time ago, but when she was in her peak years she was on fire. No one could touch her.

by Anonymousreply 265April 15, 2020 5:59 PM

I agree. Is Kelly Clarkson really the closest Janbot can find for 'hip'.

by Anonymousreply 266April 15, 2020 5:59 PM

Not Janbot but at least Janet, fat or not, still looks human.

by Anonymousreply 267April 15, 2020 6:00 PM

[quote] Not Janbot but at least Janet, fat or not, still looks human.

Right.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 268April 15, 2020 6:08 PM

She has that fake as fuck Jackson persona. They are all creepy pod people.

by Anonymousreply 269April 15, 2020 6:13 PM

Yes, the song is catchy and the dancing is okay. But vocally, in the words of Dick Button, there’s no’there’ there. Anyone could sing this song. I can still enjoy her music and know that she can’t really sing.

by Anonymousreply 270April 15, 2020 6:33 PM

Video at R246: 84,250 views.

Madonna's truly iconic Vogue VMA performance: over 34 million views.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 271April 15, 2020 6:35 PM

I forgot what nice legs the boy dancers had in Madonna’s troupe.

by Anonymousreply 272April 15, 2020 6:42 PM

R267, not really.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 273April 15, 2020 6:44 PM

Janet is now officially in LaToya territory PS wise.

As for Madge, I have no words.

by Anonymousreply 274April 15, 2020 6:46 PM

Yeah, Janet really looks human. Is it the wig? Or the Underwood Devilled Ham pitchfork nose? The rancid chicken cutlet cheeks? Oh, I know- the fake mole. Or maybe the eye tuck that makes people wonder- was it Janet who started Coronavirus by eating bat?

by Anonymousreply 275April 15, 2020 7:22 PM

As bad as Madonna looks now, remember she is 8 or 9 years older than Janet. Madonna 8 years ago looked a LOT better than Janet does now.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 276April 15, 2020 7:31 PM

Judging by older sister LaToya, Janet is on her way to looking like a straight up monster.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 277April 15, 2020 7:32 PM

Janet's nose is already beyond repair.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 278April 15, 2020 7:33 PM

R95 omg, I love this nose on her.

by Anonymousreply 279April 15, 2020 8:02 PM

Google Madonna 4 years ago in 2016 at the Met Gala. Stunning. Or here with Sean in 2016.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 280April 15, 2020 8:11 PM

I thought she looked terrible at the 2016 Met Gala. But she looked great at the 2015 one:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 281April 15, 2020 8:17 PM

Janet was to the 80s what Rihanna was to the aughts. Hugely popular, innovative style among black girls, universal pop tunes. However Rihanna is bigger than Janet evolved into.

by Anonymousreply 282April 15, 2020 8:26 PM

It’s a damn shame that in this age where women are making more inroads than ever, especially women of color, that they take a step back with the fake hair, drastic plastic surgery and tacky and vulgar clothing.

by Anonymousreply 283April 15, 2020 9:32 PM

R238 What is tacky and vulgar to you isn't to others.

by Anonymousreply 284April 15, 2020 9:33 PM

r282 both are talentless twats that got extremely lucky to work with producers that got them good songs. Although Janet could at least imitate choreography and show a pulse on stage!

by Anonymousreply 285April 15, 2020 9:44 PM

I can’t stand Rihanna’s voice.

by Anonymousreply 286April 15, 2020 9:52 PM

R282 bigger as in fatter

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 287April 15, 2020 9:57 PM

😂That pic of HAGdonna at R260 is TRAGIC, honey. She is really becoming the Cat Lady.

by Anonymousreply 288April 15, 2020 10:10 PM

Without Michael, Janet would have never had a music career. Or any career. Nepotism at its worst.

by Anonymousreply 289April 15, 2020 10:19 PM

And Janet has become The Joker.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 290April 15, 2020 10:19 PM

Madonna has, at no time in her mediocre, mid-western podunk life, been “stunning.” Never. Ever. She may have been mildly more attractive than her trashy, witch-like sisters before all that tragic plastic surgery turned her into Jocelyn Wildenstein part deux, but she has never been much more than a gap-toothed, round faced stick figure with veiny arms and man hands.

Now Janet, on the other hand, has always been stunning, from the time she was a cherubic-faced child actress, to when she blossomed into a teenaged budding singer/actress with a flip hairdo, to when she ultimately became a world renown pop icon with big doe eyes and a smile that is second to none. Weather sporting killer abs or carrying extra weight, before nose job or after, short hair or long, what have you. Janet is gorgeous, and is 100,000,000 time prettier than Madonna, a woman who is damn near old enough to be her mother.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 291April 15, 2020 10:24 PM

Janet's nose is about to fall off. Or is she eating it?

by Anonymousreply 292April 15, 2020 10:27 PM

Who would begrudge someone their familial ties? So what if she had an easier road than some into the business? It’s what she was able to do with her connections that made her one of the most successful pop acts of all time. You can’t coast for decades winning awards hand over fist, setting and breaking industry records and inspiring a legion of fans and future pop stars alike just off of who your brother is. If that is the case, then Rebbie and LaToya would have also amassed multiple platinum plaques, awards, have been inducted into the Rock Hall, etc., etc., etc.

But you already knew that.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 293April 15, 2020 10:31 PM

She bought her way into the RR HOF as she payola'd her way onto the charts. The Rock Hall ignored her for a decade. That is damning "praise". I real backhanded compliment. LOL. The truly respected get in first year or at least second (but not really).

by Anonymousreply 294April 15, 2020 10:33 PM

^Sell that shit elsewhere, toots. Black women never had an easy road into the Rock Hall. Hell, Donna Summer had to DIE before they let her in, and Chaka Khan isn’t even in there yet.

by Anonymousreply 295April 15, 2020 10:35 PM

R295 Suuuuure, Jan.

by Anonymousreply 296April 15, 2020 10:36 PM

Does “sure, Jan” signal defeat? Because you certainly were.

by Anonymousreply 297April 15, 2020 10:37 PM

We heard you the first 50 times, JanBot. It's no more convincing than the first time. Just like Janet's choreography, all you can do is constantly repeat yourself and it's all slow and stale now.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 298April 15, 2020 10:37 PM

Stunning

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 299April 15, 2020 10:39 PM

R298 Is it wearing a diaper? How can she breathe with her nose going away?

by Anonymousreply 300April 15, 2020 10:40 PM

Frightening

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 301April 15, 2020 10:41 PM

Legendary

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 302April 15, 2020 10:42 PM

The only way Janet can have true success is to change her name to Madonna. This thread and every Janet thread is all about Madonna. Madonna wins again.

by Anonymousreply 303April 15, 2020 10:42 PM

Madonna is slowly becoming Hatchetface from Crybaby.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 304April 15, 2020 10:43 PM

Only Stevie can breathe through her nostrils in R302.

by Anonymousreply 305April 15, 2020 10:44 PM

^Is the oxygen finding its way past the coke?

by Anonymousreply 306April 15, 2020 10:45 PM

You can tell Janbot is truly triggered by only Madonna. Madonna- everything Janet wanted to be but wasn't. Madonna- has everything Jan stans want but will never. Madonna, Madonna, Madonna!

by Anonymousreply 307April 15, 2020 10:46 PM

Janet's fucking nose is disgusting!

by Anonymousreply 308April 15, 2020 10:47 PM

R307. Unhinged.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 309April 15, 2020 10:47 PM

Janet looks fucking scary also.. Shudder imagining how scary she will look at 60.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 310April 15, 2020 10:48 PM

Dammit, I must've blocked Jabba on non-Janet thread.... gonna have to try to undo that, Jabba is the BEST entertainment on Janet threads.

by Anonymousreply 311April 15, 2020 10:49 PM

Janet is fat and very smelly. She has stretch marks for miles. You do not want to see what is under that Burka!

by Anonymousreply 312April 15, 2020 10:49 PM

Stevie is the only woman inducted into the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame twice: in 1998 as a member of Fleetwood Mac and in 2019 as a legendary solo artist.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 313April 15, 2020 10:54 PM

Sorry to burst your bubble R310, but no. Janet is gorgeous these days. She was on The View last month and was positively radiant. The same can’t be said about Mandonna Hatchetface Ciccone, who spends her days plunking always on old typewriters and sits in bathtubs waxing poetic about her LONG gone days of relevancy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 314April 15, 2020 10:54 PM

R311, blocking someone is nothing more than a sign of weakness. We don’t like weak people around here.

by Anonymousreply 315April 15, 2020 10:55 PM

Janet looks like she is......a bit special.

by Anonymousreply 316April 15, 2020 10:59 PM

Janbottom ,Hagdonna looked decent at 53. The 60s will be a bitch for a plastic surgery addicted fat freak like Janet. She will end up looking like Jocelyn Wildenstein with how tight her face already is.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 317April 15, 2020 11:00 PM

Janet will not have a nose by 60. She is looking like the freakish MJ now. Plus, she's always fat. She wipes back to front.

by Anonymousreply 318April 15, 2020 11:02 PM

Janet is fat again. She's even bigger than Whoopi.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 319April 15, 2020 11:03 PM

[quote] no. Janet is gorgeous these days

What the fuck kind of mask is she wearing in that video? Oh, wait...

by Anonymousreply 320April 15, 2020 11:05 PM

R315, eh, I feel no need to waste the scroll effort, which is the only reason I block people (was surprised there were only 5 on the list). But Jabba is comedy gold on Janet threads, can't be blocking that!

by Anonymousreply 321April 15, 2020 11:06 PM

R321 It hates being called Jabba. Cuz Janet looks like Jabba da Hut

by Anonymousreply 322April 15, 2020 11:08 PM

R322, that's just Jabba's name now. What else would we use? Jan-bot is too much trouble to type.

by Anonymousreply 323April 15, 2020 11:16 PM

Whoever the fool upthread is who said that Madonna is a better dancer than Janet THE Jackson needs to promptly get the fuck out of here with that bullshit. On her worse day, Janet is leaps and bounds better in every way at the art of dance than Madonna, a woman who completely lacks rhythm and is only good for basically doing Pilates onstage. Put both of them on a stage to perform a choreographed jazz routine and Madonna would promptly be humiliated, even nowadays with her bad knee and overly padded fake butt.

In dance, Janet is queen.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 324April 16, 2020 12:08 AM

That scene at R236 proves that dancing is not the only thing that Janet is better than Madonna at.

by Anonymousreply 325April 16, 2020 12:09 AM

[quote][R315], eh, I feel no need to waste the scroll effort, which is the only reason I block people

A feeble excuse from a weak sissy.

As expected.

by Anonymousreply 326April 16, 2020 12:13 AM

Speaking of plastic surgery, who was the butcher that gave this senior citizen such gargantuan add implants??

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 327April 16, 2020 12:17 AM

^Eww

by Anonymousreply 328April 16, 2020 12:18 AM

**ass** implants (but “add” is also apropos).

by Anonymousreply 329April 16, 2020 12:19 AM

I don't get it. Janet had a front row seat of what NOT to do with plastic surgery procedures. Her brother was Michael Fucking Jackson.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 330April 16, 2020 12:27 AM

Don't forget her ratchet boob job.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 331April 16, 2020 1:51 AM

[quote] Who would begrudge someone their familial ties? So what if she had an easier road than some into the business? It’s what she was able to do with her connections that made her one of the most successful pop acts of all time. You can’t coast for decades winning awards hand over fist, setting and breaking industry records and inspiring a legion of fans and future pop stars alike just off of who your brother is.

Except she was none of those things AND she had help. Madonna IS all of those things and did it on her own. So that makes Janet an even bigger failure because she had nepotism and still never achieved any of those things. Janet is NOT one of the most successful pop acts of all time. She's not even in the top 40. She hasn't won awards hand over fist- she got a couple of grammys for appearing in videos other people directed and choreographed and a few other minor awards that her husband bought for her per their contract. And she neither set nor broke any industry records unless you're talking about the biggest failed act at a state fair. And the only reason people might choose to dress up as her now and then is because it's not PC to dress like Aunt Jemima anymore.

You failed again, Jabbs.

by Anonymousreply 332April 16, 2020 2:13 AM

R325 Janet THE NOSE Jackson is a robotic, stiff dancer and if she was such a great actress would have more parts. Yet, doesn't.

by Anonymousreply 333April 16, 2020 2:30 AM

Because people realized she poops just like the rest of us! She has no other talent if you take away her money

by Anonymousreply 334April 16, 2020 2:57 AM

Where’s my Baja Fresh? I need to deep fry me some burritos for breakfast...

by Anonymousreply 335April 16, 2020 3:32 AM

Is Janet the one who can't get 40% of an arena filled playing all her classic hits? You know, all the hits that weren't totally payola.

by Anonymousreply 336April 16, 2020 3:43 AM

All those laughing Janet gifs are right after someone told her she had a great singing voice. She knows.

by Anonymousreply 337April 16, 2020 3:45 AM

She looks like she's hiding meatballs in her cheeks

by Anonymousreply 338April 16, 2020 4:31 AM

Madonna’s butt implants are atrocious.

by Anonymousreply 339April 16, 2020 9:15 AM

[quote]She hasn't won awards hand over fist

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 340April 16, 2020 9:16 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 341April 16, 2020 9:17 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 342April 16, 2020 9:18 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 343April 16, 2020 9:18 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 344April 16, 2020 9:19 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 345April 16, 2020 9:20 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 346April 16, 2020 9:20 AM

THOSE are your examples, Jabba? Nothing awards that are arranged by a publicist or bought outright?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

by Anonymousreply 347April 16, 2020 9:21 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 348April 16, 2020 9:21 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 349April 16, 2020 9:22 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 350April 16, 2020 9:23 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 351April 16, 2020 9:24 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 352April 16, 2020 9:24 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 353April 16, 2020 9:25 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 354April 16, 2020 9:26 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 355April 16, 2020 9:26 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 356April 16, 2020 9:27 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 357April 16, 2020 9:28 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 358April 16, 2020 9:30 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 359April 16, 2020 9:30 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 360April 16, 2020 9:31 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 361April 16, 2020 9:33 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 362April 16, 2020 9:34 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 363April 16, 2020 9:34 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 364April 16, 2020 9:36 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 365April 16, 2020 9:36 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 366April 16, 2020 9:37 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 367April 16, 2020 9:38 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 368April 16, 2020 9:40 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 369April 16, 2020 9:43 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 370April 16, 2020 9:44 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 371April 16, 2020 9:44 AM

^Janet never won awards hand over fist? The HELL you say!

by Anonymousreply 372April 16, 2020 9:46 AM

I'd like to thank the Janet STAN for posting 35 videos of Janet from 1991.

She saw her career go into decline because she never sang well, she has weight that goes up and down by as much as 100 lbs on a regular basis, she recently became the 3rd oldest woman to give birth at 62, and she is in the process of transitioning into a Chinese woman.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 373April 16, 2020 9:46 AM

[quote]And she neither set nor broke any industry records

Youngest female with six billboard top 40 hits from one album (Control)

First female to debut a single in the Hot 100 top 10

Only artist with seven top 5 Hot 100 hits from one album (Rhythm Nation)

Biggest debut world tour in history

Set multiple radio AirPlay records in 2001 with her single All For You

Was the highest earning recording artist in history twice in one decade

In 2015, she became the only black artist to have a #1 album in four consecutive decades

Was it he first woman to debut at #1 with an album during the SoundScan era (janet.)

First female with five consecutive Billboard #1 albums

by Anonymousreply 374April 16, 2020 9:54 AM

When her single from Nutty Professor 2 topped the Hot 100 chart, it made her the first female top have #1s spanning the 80s/90s/2000s.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 375April 16, 2020 10:02 AM

I remember attending Janet’s fantastic All For You concert In Washington, DC back in 2001. Madonna played the same venue around that same time, and the Washington Post reviews favored Janet’s show over Madonna’s, saying that Janet “k.o.’d” Madonna.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 376April 16, 2020 10:06 AM

R375 we know janbottom and she was completely done by age 35,( a total has been) while Hagdonna was getting top ten hits at 50!!!!

by Anonymousreply 377April 16, 2020 10:07 AM

If Madonna had released her single “Music” a little earlier, perhaps she would have been the one to nab that record at R375. Alas, it just wasn’t meant to be.

by Anonymousreply 378April 16, 2020 10:08 AM

Looks like Janbot just proved R332 COMPLETELY wrong. LOL.

by Anonymousreply 379April 16, 2020 10:20 AM

First black female artist in the SoundScan era to have a top forty hit while a movie which opened at #1 was still in first run release.

Highest grossing tour multi-year domestic tour by a black female artist during the period of 1993-1994.

Most recent black female production credit Oscar nominee for a foreign language documentary.

by Anonymousreply 380April 16, 2020 11:18 AM

Why is Janet being accused of payola on here? Any evidence? Are yall just making shit up?

by Anonymousreply 381April 16, 2020 11:22 AM

^It's bullshit made up by pansies still clutching on to their Like A Prayer albums while wearing fishnet gloves, still angry that nobody remembers "Medellin" or that Madonna just recently released an album.

by Anonymousreply 382April 16, 2020 11:30 AM

And we've reached the inevitable "JanBot talking to itself" portion of the thread.

by Anonymousreply 383April 16, 2020 12:06 PM

Janbot is talking to itself while posting awards like SOUL TRAIN, ESSENCE, LADY SOUL AWARDS, BLOCKBUSTERS, WORLD MUSIC(completely bought awards I thought even Janbot knew that). MY SIDES! I'm SCREAMING. *sides hurt* *Stomach hurts* THIS is where they laughing Janet GIFS belong.

by Anonymousreply 384April 16, 2020 12:26 PM

Watching Orca ass kiss has-been Jackson here is absurd. Thanks to titty-gate her career was already over for several years. She was a nobody by 2007.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 385April 16, 2020 12:41 PM

R384, You will NOT disrespect black music and say that the Soul Train,and Lady soul awards are bought. That's what you NOT gon' do. You don't like Janet, that's fine but u not gone sit up here and lie on black music. Go to another thread if you need a break.

by Anonymousreply 386April 16, 2020 2:40 PM

Princess of Panera...

by Anonymousreply 387April 16, 2020 2:59 PM

Lalla of Long John Silvers.

by Anonymousreply 388April 16, 2020 3:00 PM

R386 LMFAO. Those awards do not count. It's like if Mariah won Female Of The Year for the Bipolar Association Of America.

by Anonymousreply 389April 16, 2020 3:03 PM

R387 & R388, You will NOT disrespect Baja Fresh by suggesting Janet was bought by another franchise. That's what you NOT gon' do. You don't like Janet, that's fine but u not gone sit up here and lie on her choice of fast food. Go to another thread if you need a break.

by Anonymousreply 390April 16, 2020 3:04 PM

r389, So you have lost the argument you lying ass cunt. Get your unaccomplished ass of this thread bitch.

by Anonymousreply 391April 16, 2020 3:05 PM

R391 How many awards for Female Of The Year did Janet win from the Fat Cow Association? Butchered Nose Society?

She did get the Lifetime Achievement Award from the Michael Jackson Impersonators Drag Group.

by Anonymousreply 392April 16, 2020 3:13 PM

Somebody is really bothered. Sad. I'm not even a Janet fan like that. My god, you are pathetic. I wonder what it does for a living.

by Anonymousreply 393April 16, 2020 3:16 PM

R393 Sure, Jan

by Anonymousreply 394April 16, 2020 4:21 PM

I mean, I'm pretty sure Janet would have a heart attack these days while Madonna is mostly robot at this point.

R1319: Black Bear, nine rolls Got enough for winter Not afraid to die

by Anonymousreply 395April 16, 2020 4:28 PM

Okaaay, now I remember why I blocked Jabba, scroll finger cramping. It's the replies that were fun, not the posts.

R319: Black bear, nine tons Got enough for winter Not afraid to die!

by Anonymousreply 396April 16, 2020 4:31 PM

Janet recently won another award that y'all just aren't talkin' 'bout cause y'all aren't woke enough--BIGGEST FORMER STAR FADING INTO OBLIVION. She was recognized by the Council of State Fairs in Lublow, Kansas. Over 5 people attended this event. Don't write this out of history. Janet's commentary is featured below.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 397April 16, 2020 4:58 PM

R397 Did she count down 5...4...3...2...1

by Anonymousreply 398April 16, 2020 5:16 PM

Eww R397. Your post was corny as fuck.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 399April 16, 2020 5:21 PM

R398,she started crying--admittedly it was hard to tell due to her unmovable face--and then she yelled to the heavens "This has been an ESCAPADE Y'ALL. Thank you for the memories!! My brother would be so proud of my success and our child togeth....er, nevermind, whatever, bye!!!".

by Anonymousreply 400April 16, 2020 5:22 PM

Madonna is looking very cadaver-like these days.

by Anonymousreply 401April 16, 2020 5:22 PM

Except some of Madonna's songs are still remembered. Janet can't say the same.

by Anonymousreply 402April 16, 2020 5:23 PM

Maybe because no one cares about her since the 2001?

by Anonymousreply 403April 16, 2020 5:24 PM

How many CCs of silicone are in HAGdonna’s 70 year old ass?

by Anonymousreply 404April 16, 2020 5:25 PM

Here’s MANdonna coming out from backstage on Jimmy Fallon, strutting her senior citizen stuff to Janet’s b-side track The Skin Game. I love how the Roots punked her hard. 😂

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 405April 16, 2020 5:27 PM

Madonna can't get any higher than being the #1 female of all time in every category. Sucks to be a Janet fan with her SOUL TRAIN awards, Best Female to sell less than 40% of a high school gym, Biggest Female (Weight), Best Disappearing Nose, Best Recycled Dance Routines, Best Weight Lost/Gained in a Year.

by Anonymousreply 406April 16, 2020 5:28 PM

How dare you fools. Janet is the #1 Best Selling Female of All Time.

by Anonymousreply 407April 16, 2020 5:31 PM

It must hurt Madonna to her elderly core that her last album and all of its singles (was there more than one?) have been completely forgotten and can now only be found in the bargain bin of any Dollar General at a markdown of just 99 cents a pop.

by Anonymousreply 408April 16, 2020 5:33 PM

Medellin? Meda-WHAT?

by Anonymousreply 409April 16, 2020 5:34 PM

R408 No, that would be Janet "I had a baby in my 50s" Jackson entire catalog. Youtube views- under 10,000 a day for all videos.

by Anonymousreply 410April 16, 2020 5:36 PM

What hurts the HAG even more is that a google search for the word “Medellin” brings up the city, not the song.

by Anonymousreply 411April 16, 2020 5:36 PM

A Janet google search brings up Whales, Whispers, Jabba, A lady whose nose was ripped off by a chimp, Michael Jackson, Nepotism, Payola, Has been, poor attendance at concerts.

by Anonymousreply 412April 16, 2020 5:38 PM

Janet even won in the “who recently had a duet single featuring a Latin artist” category. Her “Made For Now” actually charted on the Hot 100, unlike the HAG’s forgotten “Meda-Jean”.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 413April 16, 2020 5:39 PM

^Mic drop

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 414April 16, 2020 5:41 PM

R413 LMFAO is that really all you have? Do you really think anybody cares about that?

You must be the most unhappy person you meth freak. Your posts make me see Janet as even less than I once thought. She really has nothing to crow about.

by Anonymousreply 415April 16, 2020 5:41 PM

When Janet drops her mic, the singing continues.

by Anonymousreply 416April 16, 2020 5:42 PM

^Bothered and angered.

by Anonymousreply 417April 16, 2020 5:42 PM

Medellin didn’t chart on the Hot 100??

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 418April 16, 2020 5:43 PM

So, Jabba is touting Janet barely making the Hot 100? Of course she did, she gets played on more formats (black radio) thus has an advantage. Still, what a sad, sad statistic.

Meanwhile, Madonna just had 100% attendance with an average ticket price of $300, on a tour featuring 90% new material. Janet cannot get half full arenas playing "the hits".

Jabba, your breathless posting shows you are bothered and triggered and crying.

by Anonymousreply 419April 16, 2020 5:47 PM

I think part of Madonna's problem is that she refuses to grow old gracefully. Nobody wants to see a senior person dancing around in tight clothes or flouncing around on Instagram with her botched face in the camera. It's really been part of her downfall (besides that tumble she took down the stairs on the Brit Awards that one time).

by Anonymousreply 420April 16, 2020 5:50 PM

[quote]Janet even won in the “who recently had a duet single featuring a Latin artist” category. Her “Made For Now” actually charted on the Hot 100, unlike the HAG’s forgotten “Meda-Jean”.'

Is that true? Wow, Madonna's heyday really has come an gone, hasn't it?

by Anonymousreply 421April 16, 2020 5:51 PM

R420 You try too hard, sweetie.

Meanwhile, no amount of (odd) Madonna bashing is going to make Janet successful. Paula has more successful tours. Paula was always more liked and had more hits than Janet. Paula is the better dancer, singer than Janet. Even Paula. Must hurt.

by Anonymousreply 422April 16, 2020 5:53 PM

She got too old for the whispery over sexualized crap

by Anonymousreply 423April 16, 2020 5:59 PM

I love how Janet fans used to make fun of Whitney and Madonna when they got into their 40s and Madonna 50s. Now that Janet "Paula can sing circles around me" Jackson is in her 50s, suddenly 40s and 50s is not old. You know your fave diva is a lesser than when you resort to this.

by Anonymousreply 424April 16, 2020 6:04 PM

Queen Bey is almost pushing 40. OMG time flies.

by Anonymousreply 425April 16, 2020 6:08 PM

R425 Almost? She is pushing 40. And I bet now 40 is youthful. My my how perceptions change. Gen Z thinks 25 or older is old.

by Anonymousreply 426April 16, 2020 6:12 PM

I wouldn’t use the Madame X half “canceled Due to attendance but we’ll call it an injury” auditorium tour as an indicator that she is still in any way relevant. The truth is, Madonna and Janet are both well past their prime. the difference is that Madonna continues to embarrass herself at almost 70 years old. She’s dating some kaepernick knock off to try to stay relevant, it’s sad to watch.

by Anonymousreply 427April 16, 2020 6:30 PM

r427, Madonna is not almost 70. Stop it.

by Anonymousreply 428April 16, 2020 6:32 PM

In these depressing times, I just want to remind everyone of the disaster of Madonnas madame x era, to hopefully put a smile on your face.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 429April 16, 2020 6:46 PM

R427 You had a nerve hit, I see. Why lie? Why exaggerate? Oh, because we are destroying Janet. Go at Madonna all you want, it doesn't change facts about Janet. Madonna is a right cunt but so is Janet. Madonna haters, though, lie like you did. Her cancelled dates were sold out. Her average ticket price showed very few comps. Her average gross per date also backed that up.

by Anonymousreply 430April 16, 2020 6:47 PM

R429 Depressing times because Janet is being destroyed and hasn't had a career since 2001 where she barely had a career.

Janet- Queen of Canceled Tours due to abysmal attendance. She's canceled 4 tours due to low attendance. Not dates- tours. Look it up.

by Anonymousreply 431April 16, 2020 6:49 PM

Duchess of Dietz & Watson.

by Anonymousreply 432April 16, 2020 6:59 PM

When all else fails and no one cares enough to even buy a discount seat to your auditorium sized concert, first cancel all the shows with no tickets sold, second, stage a relationship with someone young enough to be your grandson...it might convince them you’re still youthful

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 433April 16, 2020 7:00 PM

Countess of Cool Whip.

by Anonymousreply 434April 16, 2020 7:01 PM

Coffee Association Artist of All Time for Anal Enemas

Paula Abdul Vocal Female Award Winner- 1990

Muslim Woman Artist of the Year for Burka Wearing

9 Time Winner- Most Plastic Surgery in a Single Year

Weight Watchers Black Female Artist Of the Year- Every other year since 1987

Most Songwriting Credits Stolen- 1986- present

Female Singer with the Lowest Recorded Vocals- 1986- present

Best Vocal Performance- Never

Most Whispering for a Female Singer (black or otherwise)- 1986 to 2020

Dunkin Donuts Customer of the Year- 1986, 87, 88, 90, 91, 92, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 03, 05, 06, 07, 08, 09

Dunkin Donuts Customer Hall of Fame- 2010

Best Canceled Tour- open voting on attendees. *crickets*

Stacy Q vocal prowess Female Hall Of Fame inductee- 2019

by Anonymousreply 435April 16, 2020 7:11 PM

OMG, the Janet hater has become more unhinged than Janbot himself. Lawd. Jesus take the wheel.

by Anonymousreply 436April 16, 2020 7:12 PM

R436 Lawd Jesus. You better respect Janet you piece of trash. Don't start playing cute, weakling.

by Anonymousreply 437April 16, 2020 7:15 PM

Ok I'm done. This thread is too brain dead for me.

by Anonymousreply 438April 16, 2020 7:19 PM

Madonna has uterine prolapse.

by Anonymousreply 439April 16, 2020 7:24 PM

Janbot must be creaming her tanga over this thread!

by Anonymousreply 440April 16, 2020 7:25 PM

Janet never capture a huge white audience the way that Whitney did. And Diana Ross and Donna Summer did previous to Whitney.

by Anonymousreply 441April 16, 2020 7:41 PM

Janet's audience was never that huge really. Huge would be Celine, Mariah, Whitney and Madonna. Janet was two tiers below them.

by Anonymousreply 442April 16, 2020 7:49 PM

And several tiers below in vocal range and ability.

by Anonymousreply 443April 16, 2020 7:58 PM

Jabba, you forgot Janet's Razzie Award.

by Anonymousreply 444April 16, 2020 7:58 PM

R436 And I don't need yo help with the Janet hater you feel me?

by Anonymousreply 445April 16, 2020 8:01 PM

Madonna bought her way into the rock and roll hall of fame. Listen to Cindy explain how and why Madonna was inducted.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 446April 16, 2020 8:37 PM

Yeah, sure Janbot. Jabba be pressed. Madonna was praised to the high heavens by rockers.

I'll break it down for ya- VH1 and MTV, multiple times, asked hundreds of musicians to rank the Greatest Musicians. Madonna was always ranked the #1 female. By other musicians. Janet? Not even in the top 100.

by Anonymousreply 447April 16, 2020 8:43 PM

Jabba, it's Cyndi, not Cindy. And Cyndi is almost as bitter as you are that Madonna is such an icon.

The only thing I can say is that Cyndi belongs in the R&RHoF before Janet. Cyndi actually broke some ground for women in rock and she didn't have a famous brother to help start her career.

by Anonymousreply 448April 16, 2020 8:49 PM

Over 400 artists ranked the Greatest Artists of All Time in 2010.

Highest Ranking Female- Madonna

Janet's rank- N/A

I'll link it for you, bitch, if you want to cry. And this is just one of several Janet fares poorly and Madonna fares great.

by Anonymousreply 449April 16, 2020 8:54 PM

Never forget madonnas management cover up of lagging ticket sales with “injuries” throughout this latest disaster of a tour....not surprising, she is the same one with the questionable “#1 album” which plummeted down the charts the week after release (bundles)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 450April 16, 2020 9:11 PM

ROFLMAO, I do love you R427/R429/R433/R446/R450

by Anonymousreply 451April 16, 2020 9:19 PM

R446, Cyndi supports Madonna and has spoken out in favor of her so I don't know what your point is in posting that.

by Anonymousreply 452April 16, 2020 9:20 PM

R446, Cyndi supports Madonna and has spoken out in favor of her so I don't know what your point is in posting that.

by Anonymousreply 453April 16, 2020 9:20 PM

Cool article at R376. Even the Washington Post knows that Janet is superior to Madonna.

by Anonymousreply 454April 16, 2020 9:21 PM

R450, that's the case for SEVERAL performers who hit number one on the album charts. Their albums tend to fall off the charts very quickly. It is much easier to hit number one on the album charts than in the 80s or 90s when album sales were crazy.

by Anonymousreply 455April 16, 2020 9:21 PM

Janet’s MADE FOR NOW deserved its higher chart placing over MEDELLIN. MFN is fun, exhilarating and inspiring and it came with an exciting and vibrant video. MEDELLIN on the other hand was just dire, dank, hubris-filled schlock, and it showed that a), Madonna STILL takes herself way too seriously and b), she is just not able to keep up with the Gagas and the Rihannas of the world. She should probably take the arthritis as a sign that it’s time to call it a day.

by Anonymousreply 456April 16, 2020 9:24 PM

Don't forget this one, Jabita-Hoe

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 457April 16, 2020 9:29 PM

Speaking of Cyndi Lauper--Time after Time and Girls Just Want to Have Fun have more daily views AND total views on youtube than any of Janet's songs. What does that say that someone whose last hits were like 30 years ago gets more views than someone who is a "huge icon"?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 458April 16, 2020 9:30 PM

Oh. AND THIS ONE.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 459April 16, 2020 9:32 PM

Jabba is talking to itself again. And I did say it. It is an it.

Madonna- Most acclaimed female artist on acclaimedmusic.com the most comprehensive critic site. Ranked #1 female among critics.

Janet? Can't sell out Greatest Hits tour. Hell, can't even fill 3,000 seaters playing her dubious hits.

by Anonymousreply 460April 16, 2020 9:32 PM

Can't forget this one!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 461April 16, 2020 9:33 PM

Janet cannot stand on her own merits. But she is the Most Successful Female Artist on May 5ths so take that.

She is also the most successful Black Female with no nose and stinky, skid marked panties.

by Anonymousreply 462April 16, 2020 9:34 PM

Here's an important on Jabita!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 463April 16, 2020 9:35 PM

Lol at Jabba

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 464April 16, 2020 9:37 PM

she has a beautiful, listenable voice. Diana Ross also had no range. Doesn't make her a bad singer. But she had a decent 15 year run. That's about all anyone gets in terms of hits. After that, its new albums that need to be bundled with concert tickets. Even Fleetwood Mac, still touring and all their hits were from 1975-1990. Springsteen only had hits from the 70s-1996. Lionel Ritchie was a monster hitmaker from the 70's and i dont think he ever had a hit in the 1990s.

I think part is that its hard for black talent with a heavily black fan base to sell expensive tickets. The black wealth gap is real.

by Anonymousreply 465April 16, 2020 9:38 PM

Madonna has multiple videos on youtube with over 100 million views (and this is AFTER WB stupidly wiped all her videos from the channel before allowing them on again). She has several more in the 50-100 million view range.

Janet has only ONE video with over 100 million views. And it's her duet with her more famous, more popular brother. Her next highest video is with Daddy Yankee. The rest of her videos are 20 million views and (way) below.

JanBot can rant and repeat itself, but the numbers don't lie. Madonna always wins.

by Anonymousreply 466April 16, 2020 9:39 PM

[quote]Janet’s MADE FOR NOW deserved its higher chart placing over MEDELLIN. MFN is fun, exhilarating and inspiring and it came with an exciting and vibrant video.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 467April 16, 2020 9:40 PM

R465 Thank you for showing Janet only appeals to one group. Beyond that, nobody currrrrs.

by Anonymousreply 468April 16, 2020 9:42 PM

Hahaaaaa!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 469April 16, 2020 9:44 PM

I'm not reading 469 replies, I'll just flat out tell you. Overemphasis on sex, and a lack of substance. Bloop!

by Anonymousreply 470April 16, 2020 9:47 PM

Jabba, it doesn't matter if Madonna is the most loved or hated person, falls into financial ruin, never sales another record- nothing will erase the stats. Nothing will elevate Janet. Janet will always be the also-ran, the bridesmaid, the less talented pop tart, Michael's sister. That's never going to change.

by Anonymousreply 471April 16, 2020 9:49 PM

R471 Just fax. Madonna tapped into the human condition more thoroughly and extensively. She wins!

by Anonymousreply 472April 16, 2020 9:51 PM

Madonnas art speaks for itself

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 473April 16, 2020 9:57 PM

Janet's tit flops for itself.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 474April 16, 2020 9:59 PM

R474 She got her ass handed to her by the public for that stupid ass embarrassing stunt. The country responded with, "Ewww you nasty cunt. BYEEEEEEEEE"

by Anonymousreply 475April 16, 2020 10:04 PM

R465 How dare you denigrate the black community to justify why Janet has no concert sales. They sure turn out for others. You are a real POS, Jabba. And you're racist. The one community who was there for her. The only reason she even had a career in the first place as she didn't appeal beyond the black community. Yet here you are, saying they don't have the money to show up to her concerts. I could list you dozens and dozens of BLACK artists who have great concert sales. Face it- they are over her, now, too.

by Anonymousreply 476April 16, 2020 10:12 PM

How long until the unhinged Madonna loon gets drunk enough to dox Janbot again?

by Anonymousreply 477April 16, 2020 10:17 PM

I think the Madonna loon is Rocco

by Anonymousreply 478April 16, 2020 10:23 PM

I think Jabba is actually Janet.

You do realize, R478 or maybe you don't because you're a fucking idiot, that we are not loons for Madonna, Whitney, Mariah, Beyonce......we are here to make Jabba (Janet) cry. She is a meth addled nut. We live to keep her busy finding articles and GIFs. She brings up Madonna. So we go with it.

by Anonymousreply 479April 16, 2020 10:27 PM

All of these washed up pop tarts - Whitney, Ms. George Michaels, Prince, MJ, Janet Jackson, Madonna, Paula Abdul - had private lives that were train wrecks and that is why they are (mostly) rightfully all dead. They died for their art.

by Anonymousreply 480April 16, 2020 10:31 PM

Lost her voice yrs ago....slag of slags.....her career ended decades ago......rather sad actually

by Anonymousreply 481April 16, 2020 10:38 PM

^^Leave Madame X alone!!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 482April 16, 2020 10:50 PM

R479 “we” , you’re not fooling anyone

by Anonymousreply 483April 16, 2020 11:07 PM

Stop trying to make Jabba happen, it’s not going to happen.

by Anonymousreply 484April 16, 2020 11:11 PM

Her acting as Penny was better than her singing.

by Anonymousreply 485April 16, 2020 11:21 PM

Janet’s acting as Penny was better than anything Madonna ever did on the silver screen.

by Anonymousreply 486April 17, 2020 12:14 AM

Remember when HAGdonna auditioned for a role on FAME, a show that Janet would go on to do? The HAG is so bad at acting that the casting agent laughed after she left the room.

by Anonymousreply 487April 17, 2020 12:16 AM

That nasty titty flashing the poor unsuspecting public. She thought she was going to be so clever. She thought she was going to have a MOMENT. She was probably laughing her ass off like the GIFs of her laughing that Jabba posts. When everybody saw that nasty titty, they were revolted and she was done.

by Anonymousreply 488April 17, 2020 12:18 AM

[quote]Stop trying to make Jabba happen, it’s not going to happen.

I’ve been trying to tell the one maroon who keeps repeating it over and over that it’s never going to happen, just like Madonna will never have another hit song.

by Anonymousreply 489April 17, 2020 12:18 AM

Remember when Madonna starred in multiple successful films and a Broadway show after Janet's acting career stalled out on cheesy TV roles?

by Anonymousreply 490April 17, 2020 12:19 AM

Pepto Bismal sales skyrocketed after that grotesque titty flopped on our TV screens.

by Anonymousreply 491April 17, 2020 12:19 AM

That clip of Madonna being punked by The Roots when they play a Janet song while she comes out onstage is comedy gold. 😂

by Anonymousreply 492April 17, 2020 12:20 AM

That clip of Madonna being punked by The Roots when they play a Janet song while she comes out onstage is comedy gold. 😂

by Anonymousreply 493April 17, 2020 12:20 AM

There are really only five black female artists who had a much larger white fan base than they had a black fanbase: Dionne Warwick, Diana Ross, Donna Summer, Tina Turner, Whitney Houston and Sade. That had a lot to do with success and longevity.

by Anonymousreply 494April 17, 2020 12:21 AM

Janet sobbing- "Oh please forgive me. I didn't know Justin was going to do that. Please. Please. I haven't had a hit in years. Please." Sobbing.

America- BYEEEEEEEEEEE

by Anonymousreply 495April 17, 2020 12:21 AM

Because it BEARS REPEATING...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 496April 17, 2020 12:22 AM

What is more devastating for Janet is she isn't even remembered for the titgate. No one currrs. Even BLACK America is over this bitch.

by Anonymousreply 497April 17, 2020 12:23 AM

Currrs? Is that retard speak or a sign of being in the last stages of AIDS?

by Anonymousreply 498April 17, 2020 12:24 AM

I love her stupid look when Justin ripped off her top. She was trying to be all sexy, with a growl on her face.

Meanwhile, the sounds of flushing was heard all around America as people flushed their vomit and flushed her career down the shitter.

by Anonymousreply 499April 17, 2020 12:25 AM

It must STING Jabba knowing Janny was thoroughly rejected by America for showing her nasty, smelly, floppy titty. They had already rejected her music, her tours, her nepotism. They weren't having it with her gross tit being shoved in their face by a desperate, utterly desperate Janet.

by Anonymousreply 500April 17, 2020 12:26 AM

My name is Janet, Mrs. No Career if you show that nasty tit. Nasty, nasty tit, don't get you fame. Oh you nasty tit. Don't sell a thing.

by Anonymousreply 501April 17, 2020 12:31 AM

Janet is the only black artist with number 1 albums that span the 80s, 90s, 2000s and 2010s

She has more R&B #1s than any female except Aretha

She was the first woman to have five consecutive #1 albums on the BB 200

She was the first woman to garner a Producer of the a year Grammy bod

She is the only artist with seven top 5 Hot 100 singles one one album

She was the youngest artist to have 6 Top 40 singles on one album

Her RN tour remains the biggest debut world tour in history

She is an Oscar nominated, multiple Grammy winning multi platinum trendsetting artist, who systematically destroyed and created all of your faves over the decades

She is Janet, Miss Jackson if you’re Nasty, and you will either deal with it or jump off of the nearest cliff, rooftop or bridge.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 502April 17, 2020 12:31 AM

Yet none of that ^^^^ matters once she showed her nasty tit. Now people hate her. She sickens them.

by Anonymousreply 503April 17, 2020 12:32 AM

Those are some of the weakest accolades I have ever seen. I bet Paula has better accolades and more of them!

by Anonymousreply 504April 17, 2020 12:33 AM

[quote]Remember when Madonna starred in multiple successful films

Oh yeah, WHO’S THAT GIRL was a real blockbuster.

by Anonymousreply 505April 17, 2020 12:35 AM

Shanghai Surpise was a real winner at the box office. I think it made about 20 bucks domestically.

by Anonymousreply 506April 17, 2020 12:37 AM

Jabba, trying to compare the weak Janet to the apex female, the #1 female, doesn't work. But then again, I see why you do. I wouldn't want to compare Janet to say Britney or Paula because she even comes out badly against them.

by Anonymousreply 507April 17, 2020 12:38 AM

[quote] Why did Janet Jackson's career sink?!

She wasn't very talented.

by Anonymousreply 508April 17, 2020 12:39 AM

Now we are talking about movies? Yeah, because singing and music and songwriting got you nowhere.

BWHAHAHAAHHAAHAHAHAA

Meanwhile, Tittygate disgusted the nation.

by Anonymousreply 509April 17, 2020 12:39 AM

Janet’s performance in Good Times is better than anything MANdonna forced on the little bit of public that managed to see her “films”.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 510April 17, 2020 12:40 AM

Amazing

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 511April 17, 2020 12:41 AM

R510 is THAT all you have?

Oh dear. You are probably crying your eyes out right now.

by Anonymousreply 512April 17, 2020 12:41 AM

Guess who has NEVER been and will NEVER be nominated for an Academy Award?

(Hint: her name is Madonna)

by Anonymousreply 513April 17, 2020 12:43 AM

Here’s Madonna right after she heard that Janet had nabbed a Best Original Song Oscar nom...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 514April 17, 2020 12:44 AM

Madonna, thinking about how she will never be as talented or beloved as Janet.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 515April 17, 2020 12:45 AM

I am not a fan of Madonna's movies but she destroys Janet- Desperately Seeking Susan, Dick Tracy, A LEAGUE OF THEIR OWN, Evita. Won Best Actress GG for Evita.

R513 She'll take the consolation prize for being the Best Selling Female Singer, by far, Best Selling Touring Artist-Female, Best Singles Act Male or Female.

by Anonymousreply 516April 17, 2020 12:45 AM

Jabba would trade Madonna's accomplishments and career with Janets in a flash. It must KILL you Jabba. Kill you. If I was a huge diva fan of anybody other than Madonna, I would be green with envy. Thank God I just like music.

by Anonymousreply 517April 17, 2020 12:47 AM

Desperately Seeking Susan - she played herself

Dick Tracy - she sucked literally (Warren to get the role) and figuratively (she was awful)

A League of Their Own - she was lost among the ensemble of actors who are actually talented

Evita - Patti Lupone. ‘Nuff Said.

by Anonymousreply 518April 17, 2020 12:48 AM

You know why I don't post tons and tons of embarrassing Janet pics and stats? I don't need to. Jabba already knows. It wakes Jabba up in screaming fits. Jabba is like Glenn Close in Fatal Attraction turn on and off the lamp while watching Madonna videos.

by Anonymousreply 519April 17, 2020 12:49 AM

Madonna's film debut, Desperately Seeking Susan (a role she got before becoming famous), made $27 million at the box office. That's about $65 million in 2020 dollars, and was director Susan Seidelman's biggest success.

Janet's debut film, Poetic Justice (a role she got after becoming famous and failing to break into film acting on her own), also made $27 million at the box office, but 8 years later. That's about $48 million in 2020 dollars, and was a flop for director John Singleton, whose Boyz in the Hood had made twice as much, and his next film Higher Learning made 1.5 times as much.

Madonna's biggest box office films were A League of Their Own and Dick Tracy, which made over $100 million. Truth or Dare is also one of the highest grossing documentaries of all time.

Janet's biggest box office film was Nutty Professor II, which made $65 million and was a flop compared to the first film which had made over $100 million. Since then, nothing but supporting roles in lesser performing Tyler Perry films.

JanBot tries to pass her useless opinions off as facts, but the numbers don't lie. Madonna always wins.

by Anonymousreply 520April 17, 2020 12:49 AM

I run hot and cold with Janet and Madge....

But this here, Justin Timberlake got away scot-free, nothing happened to his fake ass and he was the one who ripped Janet's outfit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 521April 17, 2020 12:49 AM

"Jabba is like Glenn Close in Fatal Attraction turn on and off the lamp while watching Madonna videos."

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA I will never get that image out of my mind.

by Anonymousreply 522April 17, 2020 12:51 AM

^ It's bullshit that JT didn't suffere the consequences the way Janet did. It's also bullshit that both Janet and JT lied and pretended that stunt wasn't planned as is. Nipple ring under pleather? Bitches, please.

by Anonymousreply 523April 17, 2020 12:53 AM

Don't show that titty clip. Jabba has PTSD over it.

JT got away with it because he didn't look as thirsty as she did. She was so cocky and arrogant to do that. People smelled the desperation. It disgusted them.

by Anonymousreply 524April 17, 2020 12:53 AM

Even Janet’s sitcom acting is leaps and bounds better than anything Madonna has ever done and called “acting.” Didn’t the reviews after her performance in Speed The Plow read “SHE CAN’T ACT”?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 525April 17, 2020 12:53 AM

R525 That GIF. That was Janet right before she performed at the SB. After, that shit eating laugh was gone forever.

by Anonymousreply 526April 17, 2020 12:54 AM

Jabba, did you clean your pipe out? You're particularly frenetic tonight. Jabba Jabba. You really are Glenn Close in FA.

by Anonymousreply 527April 17, 2020 12:56 AM

That gif is actually during her appearance on Anderson Cooper’s talk show.

In 2012.

WAY after the SB.

But you digress.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 528April 17, 2020 12:57 AM

R520 Those are receipts. BAM!

by Anonymousreply 529April 17, 2020 12:57 AM

Janet is box office poison and plays herself in every movie. NONE of them are remembered by anybody but Jabba da Hut.

Fat girls love Fat girls.

by Anonymousreply 530April 17, 2020 12:58 AM

Awww, R527 is sick of being destroyed and having her AIDS infected ass handed to her.

But, expect no mercy, bitch. You’ve made your bed.

by Anonymousreply 531April 17, 2020 12:59 AM

LOL.

Janet Jackson

Highest Rated: 57% Fuck (F*ck) (2005)

Lowest Rated: 26% Nutty Professor II: The Klumps (2000)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 532April 17, 2020 1:01 AM

Janet’s first three movies debuted at #1 at the US box office.

Madonna’s...did not.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 533April 17, 2020 1:03 AM

Janet the no talent hack who needed her family connections.

R533 Is that better than making more money? Because Madonna's movies have made more money, sweetie. That, how can I say this, is called being more successful. So thank you for bringing in movies to the discussion. I had no idea Madonna also destroyed her in movies as well. R520 Brought receipts so now I know that, too. Are you a glutton for punishment bringing up Madonna? You're a special kind of stupid.

by Anonymousreply 534April 17, 2020 1:05 AM

Bryan Singer originally wanted Janet to play Storm in the first X-Men film, but she was on tour for The Velvet Rope at the time and couldn’t do it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 535April 17, 2020 1:06 AM

R534 be mad. R534 be REAL mad.

by Anonymousreply 536April 17, 2020 1:08 AM

Didn’t Swept Away make about a hundred bucks domestically? Did it even stay in theaters for a full weekend? Inquiring minds want to know.

by Anonymousreply 537April 17, 2020 1:09 AM

Madonna looks like she doesn’t wipe properly, and that she was never properly taught about feminine hygiene products.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 538April 17, 2020 1:13 AM

These Janet threads always devolve into the one psycho talking to itself.

by Anonymousreply 539April 17, 2020 1:13 AM

I feel bad for the slayage of Janet. Ease up on Janet. Without her, Beyonce would never have come to be.

by Anonymousreply 540April 17, 2020 1:13 AM

You should feel bad for Madonna, who is so distraught about her lack of relevancy that she’s literally destroying her visage. Jocelyn Wildenstein looks normal by comparison.

by Anonymousreply 541April 17, 2020 1:15 AM

R535, bullshit. The Velvet Rope Tour was long over when X-Men filmed. Janet (and Mariah Carey) auditioned and didn't get it. Michael also wanted a role and didn't get it.) Angela Bassett was the first choice for Storm.

JanBot always lies.

"It’s long been known in fan circles that Jackson was deeply interested in playing Professor X, the bald, brainy, wheelchair-bound mutant leader. In a new interview with The Hollywood Reporter, X-Men screenwriter David Hayter discusses more of the various stars who came in to audition for the famous Marvel franchise, including Jackson and his sister, Janet Jackson—who wanted to play weather-manipulating mutant Storm.

“It was amazing” to see who wanted to take part in the original film, Hayter says. Another famous singer was also brought in for Storm: the elusive chanteuse herself, Mariah Carey. Can you even imagine it? Storm as a warm honey-blonde with a penchant for diamonds and a superhuman whistle register? Even more interesting is that Carey wasn’t the first choice for the role, which ultimately went to Berry: Angela Bassett was on the top of the list, but demanded too much money, Hayter says."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 542April 17, 2020 1:18 AM

^ aww, you went a Googlin’ after reading my post? How sweet.

by Anonymousreply 543April 17, 2020 1:21 AM

This thread took 540 replies to say she has no talent whatsoever?

by Anonymousreply 544April 17, 2020 1:23 AM

R543, Fool, every X-Men fan knows Bassett was the first choice for Storm. That casting has been a huge controversy twice now.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 545April 17, 2020 1:24 AM

The Wachowskis also wanted Janet for The Matrix, but once again, scheduling conflicts didn’t permit it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 546April 17, 2020 1:25 AM

You can't deflect from your lies, JanBot.

by Anonymousreply 547April 17, 2020 1:29 AM

The reason Justin didn't get punished for Nipplegate is because he cried like a pussy to network executives apologizing for the stunt, saying he had no idea it would happen.

by Anonymousreply 548April 17, 2020 1:30 AM

r548 No dear, they hated that nasty woman and her desperate tit.

by Anonymousreply 549April 17, 2020 1:37 AM

Another role Janet lost to Halle Berry: the Dorothy Dandridge biopic. Janet tried for years to get a DD film made starring herself. She even dressed up as DD in the "Twenty Foreplay" video to sell herself for the project. Fail.

Meanwhile, Madonna used the "Take a Bow" video as an audition for the role she always wanted, Evita, and got it. Because Madonna succeeds where Janet fails.

by Anonymousreply 550April 17, 2020 1:50 AM

The best part of Jabba’s responses is how I picture her. An Asian, overweight Nellie who thinks she’s owning everyone. All while calling people pansy and other gay slurs. Delusional.

Janet is a better actress than Madonna (who isn’t) and boasts Janet wins some minor awards that they will give to any celebrity that will show up to accept them. Wow, you showing us!

Janet’s success was over after the All For You album. Look at the sales numbers.

by Anonymousreply 551April 17, 2020 1:53 AM

No matter who you think is a better actress, Madonna is a more successful actress. Jan is once again the bridesmaid.

by Anonymousreply 552April 17, 2020 1:56 AM

LOL.

"ABC was forced to punt Tuesday on a major movie biography of Lena Horne after the 86-year-old actress and singer refused to support the casting of Janet Jackson in the title role."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 553April 17, 2020 2:02 AM

^^^HAHAHAHA

Lena Horne is a real legend unlike Janet

by Anonymousreply 554April 17, 2020 2:07 AM

R553 LMFAO

Janet was always "considered" for roles yet never got them. Something tells me the Jackson name is why she was ever considered.

by Anonymousreply 555April 17, 2020 2:08 AM

The nipple that made a San argument for censorship

by Anonymousreply 556April 17, 2020 2:28 AM

*sane

by Anonymousreply 557April 17, 2020 2:29 AM

^FAIL.

by Anonymousreply 558April 17, 2020 4:48 AM

[quote]No matter who you think is a better actress

Oh, we don’t only think, honey. We KNOW.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 559April 17, 2020 4:52 AM

[quote]Meanwhile, Madonna used the "Take a Bow" video as an audition for the role she always wanted, Evita

Correction—she groveled in a handwritten ten page letter. On loose leaf paper. The kind that you tear out of one of those cheap binders.

by Anonymousreply 560April 17, 2020 4:55 AM

The real question is why did Madonna’s career sink? Let’s see, no recent hit singles, her last album tumbled down the charts with lightening speed and is now completely forgotten, every time she tries something in the film industry it flops, that tumble she took down the stairs at the Brit Awards, the recent flop auditorium tour where multiple dates were cancelled, the constantly trying to stay relevant only to look like a fool on social media on a daily basis. Oh, and her kids hate her too.

by Anonymousreply 561April 17, 2020 5:06 AM

The lunatic OP was all in the Robeson/Safechuck threads giving virtual head to those two liars and has been trolling various Janet and Michael threads. Mystery solved, LOL.

by Anonymousreply 562April 17, 2020 5:12 AM

R561, unlike Janet, Madonna was popular for more than 15 years. The End.

by Anonymousreply 563April 17, 2020 7:05 AM

The more generous observers of Madonna's career suggest that she will likely reinvent herself yet again. But when it comes to show business even the hardest working and most imaginative person can hit a wall.

by Anonymousreply 564April 20, 2020 1:57 AM

[quote]Madonna’s butt implants are atrocious.

Especially inside Janet's cheeks.

by Anonymousreply 565April 20, 2020 2:01 AM

Janet's cheeks are lovely compared to the two hard lumps of 400 ccs occupying Madonna's pancake behind.

by Anonymousreply 566April 20, 2020 2:32 AM

They have both gone off the rails.

by Anonymousreply 567April 20, 2020 3:41 AM

Janet did beat Madonna in another area--"losing the plot" at an earlier age.

by Anonymousreply 568April 20, 2020 3:43 AM

[quote] Madonna was popular for more than 15 years. The End

Yup--Madonna stayed popular globally through three dcades. Janet was only popular in America and that lasted 15 years. She had a good run but it was nothing compared to Madonna.

by Anonymousreply 569January 14, 2021 1:52 AM

It's not suppose to last forever

by Anonymousreply 570January 14, 2021 2:04 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!