Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Deborah Birx-Fashion Icon (Coronavirus Task Force)

I'll admit that one of the reasons I tune into the Cornavirus task force is to see what the CDC doctor Deborah Birx is wearing.

Has she brought a trunk load of clothing from Atlanta to CDC to wear? Love all her scarves. Do you think the collects them on her travels?

by Anonymousreply 23March 29, 2020 8:54 PM

*from Atlanta to DC

by Anonymousreply 1March 23, 2020 11:29 PM

CDC makes more sense.

by Anonymousreply 2March 23, 2020 11:32 PM

She dresses well. The only civilized thing about those press conferences.

by Anonymousreply 3March 23, 2020 11:34 PM

I love her tropical, pageant-like sashes.

by Anonymousreply 4March 23, 2020 11:39 PM

Hate her toady guts. She's there to be Trump's blonde.

by Anonymousreply 5March 23, 2020 11:42 PM

I can't past her constant head nods...signifying, I presume, her agreement with everything belng said by these vacuous "leaders."

by Anonymousreply 6March 23, 2020 11:47 PM

Deborah Birx is the maternal fashion icon America needs right now

Last week, President Trump held a press conference in the White House Rose Garden introducing his coronavirus task force to the nation. Familiar faces like Vice President Mike Pence, Dr. Anthony Fauci and a handful of CEOs provided the backdrop.

Then, through the sea of men in standard-issue stodgy business suits and striped ties in primary colors, stepped forward a 60ish blond woman who looked like Renée Zellweger might play her in a future blockbuster.

She had a tranquil demeanor and a serious but airy voice that acted as a release valve on the pressure cooker we had suddenly found ourselves in. Her outfit — a subtle striped button-down with a brown, orange and navy plaid scarf — told a similar story of relatability and calmness.

She looked like a well-heeled, reliable mother who drove the latest model Volvo station wagon, dished out expert advice and took style inspiration from the movie characters Diane Keaton has played in recent years.

She was the chic — but not too chic — maternal presence I didn’t realize we needed until she appeared.

Her name? Dr. Deborah Birx. She is the response coordinator in the fight against this frightening virus, and by now, a familiar face. And although she looks like a walking hug, she has the type of stacked monster résumé that would make her the No. 1 overall pick in any draft.

The 63-year-old Penn native was an Army physician who was on the front lines of fighting the HIV/AIDS epidemic. She was the director of the US Military HIV Research Program at Walter Reed Army Institute of Research and then the director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s Division of Global HIV/AIDS(DGHA). In 2014, she was nominated by President Obama to serve as the US Global AIDS coordinator. In late February, Mike Pence came calling.

During uncertain times, it might seem frivolous to focus on or even mention anything aesthetic, like clothing; but it’s quietly important, sending us subliminal messages of confidence and capability. In every briefing since the Rose Garden appearance, Birx has brought her special brand of sartorial serenity and strength to the country.

Unlike many women in top perches of American society, who thrive off the fumes of their structured, angular power suits and unimaginative shift dresses, Birx relies on soft silhouettes, feminine frocks and her seemingly unending supply of scarves that she neatly drapes and wraps around her shoulders. Instead of look-at-me reds and electric hues, she opts for muted dark blues and namaste earth tones.

The mother of two clearly hasn’t bothered with the power-dressing manual. She’s unknowingly writing her own.

On Friday morning she entered the briefing room in a silver raw silk dress with a fuller skirt and oversize monochrome sash. Her trademark scarf neatly hung over her right shoulder. The retro form could have been plucked from June Cleaver’s closet, but on Birx, it was thoroughly modern housewife — cleaning up our nation’s mess with her brains instead of a vacuum and marigold gloves. It was a testament to the versatility and power of femininity.

Dr. Birx wasn’t appointed to be mother-in-chief. But she carries the role well, and how lucky for us. Her personal style and presence are soothing and soft, an enviable compliment — and clear asset — to her stellar bona fides.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7March 23, 2020 11:50 PM

She is Anna Wintour's cover for Vogue: Corona Virus edition

by Anonymousreply 8March 23, 2020 11:55 PM

Scarf lady looks like shit today, like she's had several hard nights.

by Anonymousreply 9March 26, 2020 10:31 PM

[quote] Hate her toady guts. She's there to be Trump's blonde.

He always seems to have the bottle blondes around, no? [Withstanding his current hand-swatting brunette wife.]

[quote] I can't past her constant head nods...signifying, I presume, her agreement with everything belng said by these vacuous "leaders."

Agreed R6. I actually thought she might be decent, but then I ran through vids of her whilst Trump was speaking. She mouths “shock” when reporters ask incisive questions, nods when Trump spouts his propaganda, and generally seems to have bought the whole Trump House of Lies.

Disappointing to say the least.

Another “Professional” who has sold her soul to the devil.

Years from now, there will be a list of them all in the history books: Kelly, Mattis,...etc......and this woman.

by Anonymousreply 10March 26, 2020 11:04 PM

She should keep six light years away from Trump.

by Anonymousreply 11March 26, 2020 11:06 PM

OP Poster here--Oh, for some reason, I thought she was a representative from the CDC, but she probably does actually live in the DC area and have access to her full closet of scarves and clothing.

by Anonymousreply 12March 27, 2020 4:26 PM

Does she wear wigs? A whale spout? Is this the wrong thread?

by Anonymousreply 13March 27, 2020 4:32 PM

Yesterday, I noticed that she **desperately** needs to hit her roots. Get your big ass to your nearest Sally’s Debbie!!! That might be closed, so how about Walgreens?

by Anonymousreply 14March 27, 2020 4:49 PM

She’s a Trump acolyte and gives unrealistically rosy forecasts for our future with this epidemic.

by Anonymousreply 15March 27, 2020 4:55 PM

R15 - she was appointed by Obama though, right?

She's former military, so she's been taught to support the President no matter what.

Now, she doesn't have to keep the job under the administration.

by Anonymousreply 16March 27, 2020 4:59 PM

That’s because Dems give more space to GOPers to hold different POV — GOPers do not. Bitchy Birx, with her sneering condescension school marm tone doesn’t impress me.

“Now, I know you all are taking notes and will be checking my numbers....”. Like journalists are little children playing pretend. She fucking sucks!!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 17March 27, 2020 5:06 PM

She is doing more than just supporting the illegitimate president. She is LYING TO THE AMERICAN PEOPLE for him.

by Anonymousreply 18March 27, 2020 5:10 PM

She's a fucking liar. She's helped spread false information and she has blood on her hands

by Anonymousreply 19March 27, 2020 5:13 PM

This Harvard epidemiologist put out a series of tweets last night about Birx and her bullshit. The first one is below, click the link to see the rest.

[quote]Tonight #DeborahBirx stated that models anticipating large-scale transmission of COVID-19 do not match reality on the ground. Our modeling (done by @StephenKissler based on work with @ctedijanto and @yhgrad and me) is one of the models she is talking about.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20March 27, 2020 5:14 PM

Birx is on Meet The Press right now— in sapphire blue, silk scarf tucked under wide lapel/collar.

by Anonymousreply 21March 29, 2020 3:52 PM

She can strangle herself with one of her scarver, as far as I'm concerned. She's towing the Trump line, scared to death he'll trash her and fuck over her chances of future employment if she doesn't parrot his talking points.

When our health care leaders can't even stand up to this ignorant, orange, gelatinous mess, what the hell hope do we have?

by Anonymousreply 22March 29, 2020 4:11 PM

When she stands behind tRump, Dr Deb nods her head like a toy chihuahua on a dashboard.

by Anonymousreply 23March 29, 2020 8:54 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!