Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Woody Allen Exposing Mia Farrow

Woody Allen sensationally paints Mia Farrow as a controlling and troubled mother who slept naked in bed with her “prized” son Ronan until he was 11, in his new memoir.

The Oscar-winning director goes into great detail about their ill-fated 13-year affair — and says that he still believes that Ronan, now an award-winning journalist, is his biological son, despite Farrow’s suggestion he could be the child of her ex-husband Frank Sinatra.

“I think he’s mine, though I’ll never really know,” he wrote in “Apropos of Nothing”, which was published on Monday. “She may have still been sleeping with Frank, as she hinted, and may have had any number of outside affairs, for all I know,” he added.

The “Annie Hall” auteur, now 84, claimed that Farrow, who has 11 living children, four of whom are biological and seven who are adopted, first told him she wanted to have his baby on one of their first dates, calling it a “red flag.”

Weeks later, while on a date at a Chinese restaurant, she suggested they marry, a suggestion Allen said he quickly brushed off — confessing in all their years together he never once slept the night at her home.

He accused her of being screwed up — and potentially molested. Allen described Mia’s family as “rife with extremely ominous behavior that swelled in the years I knew her.”

The star’s brother John Charles Villiers-Farrow was sentenced to 10 years in prison in 2013 for molesting boys. Allen writes that he heard a rumor “early on” that Mia’s brothers had been “aggressive” with the Farrow sisters and that “the Farrow brother who is now serving years in prison for child molestation has said that their father had molested him.”

Allen lashed out at Farrow’s parenting and obsession with adopting, claiming she treated orphans like “toys” — once sending back a Mexican infant from Texas for reasons only known to her.

He also claimed that Farrow also sent back a little boy with Spina Bifida who lived in her apartment for several weeks, because her son Fletcher found him annoying.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 202April 9, 2020 5:01 PM

“If there were other kids she adopted and returned I have no idea — as I said, I lived on the other side of the park,” he wrote.

Even more damning, Allen alleged she liked “the saintly reputation, the admiring publicity, but she didn’t like raising the kids and didn’t really look after them.

She also frequently hit Soon-Yi, he claimed. Talking about Ronan, who was named Satchel at birth, Allen said Farrow was “unnaturally obsessed” with him “When Satchel was born, things took an even darker quantum leap. From his birth, Mia expropriated Satchel.

Allen wrote: “She took him into her bedroom, her bed, and insisted on breast-feeding him. She kept telling me she intended to do it for years, and that anthropological studies have shown positive results from tribes where breast-feeding goes on much longer than on the Upper West Side. Years later, two very professional and perceptive women who worked in Mia’s house, Sandy Boluch and Judy Hollister, the first as babysitter and the second as housekeeper, described numerous incidents. Sandy reports seeing Mia sometimes sleeping in the nude with Satchel (now Ronan) a number of times till he was eleven years old. I don’t know what the anthropologists would say about that, but I can imagine what the guys in the poolroom would say.”

Allen said he was first warned off from dating Farrow by Dory Previn, who said that Farrow had lured away her husband André Previn.

Years later, he said, Dory – who wrote a song about Farrow’s alleged betrayal called “Beware of Young Girls” — alerted him to a song she wrote called “Daddy in the attic” after Farrow accused him of molesting their young daughter Dylan.

“She told me Mia would sing it, and she was certain that’s what gave Mia the idea to locate a fake molestation accusation she would make in the attic.” Dylan and Mia have maintained that these allegations are truthful.

Allen writes at length about the battle over Dylan — and the fight to clear his name, claiming that Farrow had told him “I have something planned for you,” shortly after discovering he was sleeping with her adopted daughter Soon-Yi Previn.

by Anonymousreply 1March 23, 2020 10:23 PM

Will Ronan read and address the book? For some reason, I think he'll dodge it. Rating gold = ronan interviews woody on ronan's podcast.

by Anonymousreply 2March 23, 2020 10:27 PM

No wonder he is gay!

by Anonymousreply 3March 23, 2020 10:28 PM

^^Gay? I'm surprised he's not a serial killer

by Anonymousreply 4March 23, 2020 10:36 PM

It's called 'hitting back".

Another nail in Mia's DL Fave status.

by Anonymousreply 5March 23, 2020 10:37 PM

Can't WAIT to buy the book.

by Anonymousreply 6March 23, 2020 10:37 PM

I don't do Kindle and I'm not paying $30 for this book, but as soon as it comes down in price, I'm getting it.

by Anonymousreply 7March 23, 2020 10:42 PM

Ronan doesn't dodge anything. He'd eat that pedophile for breakfast without breaking a sweat.

What a total piece of shit he is. Does he address his friendship with Epstein in the book?

by Anonymousreply 8March 23, 2020 10:45 PM

You know, it's really easy to believe that BOTH Woody and Mia are shitty human beings.

It's not like we have to pick just one.

by Anonymousreply 9March 23, 2020 10:52 PM

A pedophile is a completely different thing from being "a shitty person".

There's no equal in this case, as much as Woody's wackjob fanbase would like to admit.

by Anonymousreply 10March 23, 2020 10:54 PM

Only a loon would believe a neurotic like Woody Allen.

by Anonymousreply 11March 23, 2020 10:56 PM

Only a loon would believe a professional child hoarder like Mia Farrow.

by Anonymousreply 12March 23, 2020 11:04 PM

Thanks Soo-Knee R12. Go back to your rice paddies.

by Anonymousreply 13March 23, 2020 11:16 PM

Something strange about the statement that the book is being published today:

It's up on Amazon, available as a hardcover and on the kindle. But there's no sales ranking, which is automatic on Amazon once even one customer orders a book.

Further, the hardcover is stated as being "temporarily out of stock."

WHAT? On the first day of publication, with no sales ranking?

Something's fishy here.

by Anonymousreply 14March 23, 2020 11:23 PM

Good. Enough's enough. Allen has been silent for too long. Farrow is a creep.

by Anonymousreply 15March 23, 2020 11:27 PM

Farrow is clearly mentally ill, and she's ruined most of her children as a result, adopted or bio.

by Anonymousreply 16March 23, 2020 11:31 PM

Very early on in my career here on DL I posted a thread with a pic of Mia's family from the 1950s and remarked how unhappy they always looked as a family and I got FLAMED, as it was called then.

BIG eye-roll to those bitches of 2007.

One of them is smiling the others looked tortured. The unhappy little gurl is Mia.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17March 23, 2020 11:46 PM

Here's a better one for making my point - click on it. Mia on left.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18March 23, 2020 11:49 PM

I think the Farrow Family is probably hugely fucked up but awkward family photos aren't really proof of anything since EVERY family on the planet has a photo album full of them.

The last photo is of the "Photographer wants to use the existing light so he made them all face and squint into the sun" variety.

by Anonymousreply 19March 23, 2020 11:52 PM

So why were they even together? They didn't like each other enough to get married. Woody's as weird as she is, though I'm glad he's now 'telling his truth'.

by Anonymousreply 20March 23, 2020 11:53 PM

[quote]So why were they even together? They didn't like each other enough to get married.

They were extremely close for years and he STARRED her in a dozen of his movies.

He was nervous about marrying her and quite rightly so.

by Anonymousreply 21March 23, 2020 11:56 PM

[quote]I think the Farrow Family is probably hugely fucked up but awkward family photos aren't really proof of anything since EVERY family on the planet has a photo album full of them.

I had an unhappy childhood, we dont look like that in our old albums.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22March 23, 2020 11:59 PM

I'm curious: which of Woody's movies with Mia most accurately portray her real personality?

by Anonymousreply 23March 23, 2020 11:59 PM

Hannah & Her Sisters, R23.

and Husbands & Wives.

by Anonymousreply 24March 24, 2020 12:00 AM

Bought the kindle.

by Anonymousreply 25March 24, 2020 12:02 AM

A simple DNA test would solve the riddle of paternity. Is it too simple?

by Anonymousreply 26March 24, 2020 12:05 AM

She really socked it to him in her book.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27March 24, 2020 12:06 AM

I’m sorry, but this whole thing really made me laugh, HARD.

I’m not sure that this was Wood’s intent, but I’m still laughing hard, as I type.

Woody is indeed, a silly little man.

by Anonymousreply 28March 24, 2020 12:11 AM

Ha, so funny how he is trashing her. They are both assholes.

by Anonymousreply 29March 24, 2020 12:12 AM

This whole believe the “victim” no matter what is stupid, especially when they are warring through the media. There are real victims, this one nobody will ever know and we shouldnt bother giving a fuck, none of them are believable people. When you have 2 crazy exes in your friends circle, do you really need to take sides? No, you dump them both.

by Anonymousreply 30March 24, 2020 12:15 AM

@ R24 - Hi Woody!

by Anonymousreply 31March 24, 2020 12:20 AM

There's an old saying: "If you do someone an injury, from then on they become your enemy."

Mia seems to be an awful person, but I wouldn't trust one thing Woody Allen has to say about her, not even that she's blonde.

by Anonymousreply 32March 24, 2020 12:40 AM

Fucking someone’s daughter is one of the worst possible betrayals, ever.

by Anonymousreply 33March 24, 2020 12:45 AM

Just look at the Mia-Ronan incest defenders shit themselves here.

My sympathy goes to the thousands of real victims whose histories get swirled into scorned-women sickness like Farrow's.

R33 is trying so hard to bleed here, ignoring the ultimate derangement behind Farrow's life.

Women can't bear the truth when they need the woman to be right, always.

Sick.

by Anonymousreply 34March 24, 2020 12:46 AM

Mia wrote

"My mother, reading to my brothers and a tired looking little girl (me)"

So...tired.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35March 24, 2020 12:50 AM

I think Mia's father, John Farrow, must have molested her. That led to her whole fucked up point of view about everything, and explains her sleeping nude with Ronan, and making up the "Dylan's molestation" story to get back at Woody.

by Anonymousreply 36March 24, 2020 1:08 AM

R36 I also think so.

Mia's son Moses said in his blog that she told him about her father's repeated attempts to molest her while being drunk.

by Anonymousreply 37March 24, 2020 1:12 AM

Maybe he successfully molested her brother John, who became a molester himself?

by Anonymousreply 38March 24, 2020 1:18 AM

R36, I totally think the same exact thing, however, I never brought it up, because I did not want to disrespect a woman who was clearly processing trauma in a very public way.

That said, let me say this: Woody Allen is ALSO A SEXUAL PREDATOR, just like Mia’s father. She being attracted to Woody was NOT a coincidence. It was already ingrained in her to respond to men like her father. That’s why she “picked” him, and that’s why he “picked” her.

Fuck Woody Allen. He had no respect for HIS CHILDREN, HIS GIRLFRIEND, HER CHILDREN, or random teenagers whom were supplied to him from Jeffrey Epstein, so that he could coerce Mis into threesomes with a 15-16 year old.

Fuck him. A MILLION TIMES FUCK WOODY ALLEN.

by Anonymousreply 39March 24, 2020 1:20 AM

R39 I'm not trying to invalidate you, and I know about the threesomes. But how do you know the age of the third party?

by Anonymousreply 40March 24, 2020 1:25 AM

Because the third party blabbed to the press!

by Anonymousreply 41March 24, 2020 1:33 AM

Fuck them both. I am so sick of hearing about both of them!

(not a complaint about this thread, just in general....wish the spotlight would move to more deserving humans)

by Anonymousreply 42March 24, 2020 1:34 AM

Study that photo @ R35, and explain how seemingly healthy children, have dark circles under their eyes. Why does little Mia look so angry, and why does her brother, sitting to her right, looks terrified? I’ll tell you why: because they were being preyed upon my a man who saw his children as sex toys, or punching bags.

How do I know this? Because unlike Mia, my father did not molest me, however, my mother terrorized me all through my childhood.

She physically abused me, and REPEATEDLY placed me in situations where I was at great risk for harm. When a neighbor threatened to call the police, she stopped hitting me, and then went on to follow me around the house, screaming at me day and night.

I was forced to become an adult when I was a child. I had to cook, clean the house, do laundry, and even wash her fucking car. My mother bought me everything I ever wanted, but she treated me like her servant, not her child.

So I know what it’s like to grow up in absolute madness, and have dark circles around my eyes by the time I hit 7.

Every issue I have, stemmed from my childhood, and it has taken me most of my life, to come to terms with the fact that my mother’s number one person, is herself. People like her should have not had children, but she did, and here I am.

All through her pregnancy, she herself, was terrorized by my father’s mother, his sisters, and her own aunt. She spent most of her days alone, wandering through Central Park, and sleeping on park benches. When she was a child, she was also physically abused, and was also forced to become a servant to her aunt, whom my mother’s family moved in with, after my grandfather allegedly was murdered, however, I believe just ran off and abandoned his family. And my great aunt was a ROYAL bitch, who detested children.

Listen, people don’t dysfunctional out of nowhere. There’s usually history and legacy of abuse.

It takes a lot of hard work in therapy to process this kind of shit, and it is not easy, but the remaining options are worse.

by Anonymousreply 43March 24, 2020 1:53 AM

R35 Which brother in that photo is the child molester?

by Anonymousreply 44March 24, 2020 2:08 AM

This tit for tat game of spewing public vitriol has gone on for way too long. They should both grow up and shut up.

by Anonymousreply 45March 24, 2020 2:16 AM

R43, I have always had dark circles under my eyes and I was never abused in any way. It's genetics.

It's funny how people insist that Mua must be lying, but then automatically believe everything Woody says. I personally think they're both backed-up people, that's why they wound up together

by Anonymousreply 46March 24, 2020 2:30 AM

[quote] So why were they even together? They didn't like each other enough to get married.

According to Mia's book, Woody was paying her a Hollywood version of minimum wage (low 6 figures instead of 7 or 8 figures). IMO, Mia has really low self-eteem, so she accepted that. The Woody-Mia movies were successful.

by Anonymousreply 47March 24, 2020 2:43 AM

I don't think Ronan is Woody's son.

If he was, he'd be the only biological child Allen had, wouldn't that be kinda weird?

I think Mia and Ronan know who the father is and have always known and the reason they've never admitted it is because it would make Mia look like shit for having forced Allen to pay for Ronan's entire upbringing. I can't imagine Mia has ever had much money, almost all of her films were Allen films and he was notorious for paying cast very little.

by Anonymousreply 48March 24, 2020 2:45 AM

I believe he is Woody’s son, because I’ve seen pics of his parents.

But Ronan looks just like Mia’s family. And he is legally, Ronan’s father.

I believe that Woody does love Ronan in a weird way, and that he’s actually proud of Ronan’s accomplishments.

Ronan is highly driven, and he got that from Woody.

It’s hard to look at Ronan, and find any trace of Woody. But personality wise, he takes after him, in several ways.

by Anonymousreply 49March 24, 2020 3:34 AM

Already 10 threads on this same boring topic

by Anonymousreply 50March 24, 2020 3:36 AM

[quote] Ronan is highly driven, and he got that from Woody.

Cause Frank Sinatra wasn't?

by Anonymousreply 51March 24, 2020 3:39 AM

R48 and R49, I would go a step further and say that Dylan, who's adopted, looks just like Woody. She's had a nose job reportedly, but to me, the shape of her face, her hair and skin color looks just like Woody. If it's true, then I wonder about the circumstances around the adoption. Did he have an affair and get a woman pregnant? Or maybe a woman served as a surrogate?

by Anonymousreply 52March 24, 2020 3:40 AM

[quote]that anthropological studies have shown positive results from tribes where breast-feeding goes on much longer than on the Upper West Side.

What's hilarious about this is that I can't even tell if he's joking.

I'm of the "They're both creeps" school.

by Anonymousreply 53March 24, 2020 3:42 AM

R53, totally. I busted out in guttural laughter as soon as I came upon that line! I laughed for almost 10 minutes straight, because I couldn’t stop picturing Mia, dressed in Boho chic finery, sitting at Elaine’s, with 5 year old Ronan, suckling on her teat.

It was just too much to not laugh. I think Woody is serious about everything he says, and it just comes off as really funny shit to most people.

by Anonymousreply 54March 24, 2020 4:09 AM

[quote] [A]nthropological studies have shown positive results from tribes where breast-feeding goes on much longer than on the Upper West Side.

[quote] I think Woody is serious about everything he says, and it just comes off as really funny shit to most people.

That was funny. I'm pretty sure Woody Allen meant it to be funny.

by Anonymousreply 55March 24, 2020 4:19 AM

They all need to go on Maury and settle this once and for all.

by Anonymousreply 56March 24, 2020 4:33 AM

Is this 1983? 1994? No one cares about them anymore. Maybe we should start a thread on Neil Simon - just to stay up with the times

by Anonymousreply 57March 24, 2020 4:34 AM

Mia Farrow has always had very deep set eyes (my grandmother had the exact same thing - she looked a bit like her a tuallly, but she was sane), and they usually just have genetic dark circles, which are especially visible when your skin is so white.

I’m inclined to believe the molestation allegations, but I don’t put too much stock into reading into pictures unless they’re really egregious.

Oh, and of course Woody was being deadpan about the “UWS” comment. The type of humor Bloomberg tried to do in the Democratic debates but it never landed.

by Anonymousreply 58March 24, 2020 5:08 AM

I downloaded the book to my Kindle and have read the first couple of chapters, which so far is his childhood and early teen years. He's an engaging writer, but thus far it's nothing he didn't disclose in 'Radio Days', which was one of his best movies.

In Maureen O'Hara's autobiography she discussed various Hollywood men, actors and directors, with whom she had worked and found their behavior objectionable: John Farrow was one she despised. I also recall reading a quote attributed to Katharine Hepburn in which she said that Mia would have been damaged growing up in a 'depraved' household.

by Anonymousreply 59March 24, 2020 5:21 AM

R59 Depraved? Don't stop there --tell us more!

by Anonymousreply 60March 24, 2020 5:53 AM

She sent back multiple adopted children. What a piece of shit. She's capable of anything. I believe she brainwashed Dylan.

by Anonymousreply 61March 24, 2020 6:49 AM

R18 I get Children of the Corn vibes

by Anonymousreply 62March 24, 2020 6:53 AM

Does anyone remember when they were on the cover of NY Times Magazine around the time Crimes & Misdemeanors came out? It wasn’t a particularly fawning piece, but I was really convinced at the time that they had thIs kind of “perfectly imperfect,” & “lived-in” unconventional New York relationship. Boy did I call that one wrong.

by Anonymousreply 63March 24, 2020 7:01 AM

[quote]According to Mia's book, Woody was paying her a Hollywood version of minimum wage (low 6 figures instead of 7 or 8 figures). IMO, Mia has really low self-eteem, so she accepted that. The Woody-Mia movies were successful.

One day he just handed her a million dollar check when she told him she was short of money, but yes, she has very low self-esteem and didn't believe she'd have a career without him.

She was in such a tricky situation with all those children - she felt she'd won the lottery finding him, who starred her in film after film.

He had great respect for her talents and she rose to nearly every challenge.

by Anonymousreply 64March 24, 2020 8:23 AM

Woody saved her career: she had just suffered 3 high-profile bombs in a row - Avalanche, Hurricane and The Haunting of Julia - when she hooked up with Woody in their first film together, A Midsummer Night's Sex Comedy. She probably thought she'd never work again.

by Anonymousreply 65March 24, 2020 2:34 PM

She was in a hit play on Broadway when they met.

by Anonymousreply 66March 24, 2020 2:56 PM

And the reason her 70s catalog was such shit was due to the fact she was living in England and the film industry there had gone to shit...and she had a big family and refused to travel without them.

by Anonymousreply 67March 24, 2020 2:58 PM

Have no idea what each saw in the other to date for more than 10 years.

by Anonymousreply 68March 24, 2020 3:00 PM

Thee hit play was called Romantic Comedy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 69March 24, 2020 3:01 PM

R74, handing Mia a one million dollar check doesn’t justify fucking her daughter.

This is one thing I’ve noticed abusers have in common. For some odd reason, they think everything’s A-OK, as soon as they hand you a huge check or expensive jewelry, or a 20K handbag.

My mother did this to me constantly. She’d treat me like absolute shit, then hand me a Rolex or something in that vein, and that was AFTER I moved out. While I was still in her clutches as a minor, she filled my closet with really nice, expensive clothing, and handbags.

I didn’t want or need any of the shit my mother over spent on. I just wanted to be loved AND respected.

Finally, I called her up on my 30s, and asked her to PLEASE STOP sending me gifts via mail. It really hurt her feelings. But she just wasn’t able to grasp why it was so offensive to continually buy me “stuff”, yet not treat me kindly, or respectfully.

by Anonymousreply 70March 24, 2020 3:30 PM

You have to admit that most of the movies that Mia did with Woody are very good and often hilarious. "Broadway Danny Rose," "Purple Rose of Cairo," "Hannah and her Sisters," "Crimes and Misdemeanors," and "Husbands and Wive." are just terrific films and I do not think Woody has surpassed them. Plus, Mia was awesome in "Rosemary's Baby," Who cares about their personal lives?

by Anonymousreply 71March 24, 2020 4:46 PM

I've never seen a Woody Allen film. Which film should I watch to understand his much-referenced literary genius?

by Anonymousreply 72March 24, 2020 5:21 PM

Dylan spoke HER truth!

by Anonymousreply 73March 24, 2020 5:34 PM

Woody spoke HIS truth

by Anonymousreply 74March 24, 2020 5:35 PM

I think Mia was mad when she was fired from the Murder Mystery one and this is after she knew about the affair. I don’t know if it was before the child abuse. This is probably the ugliest relationship in Hollywood history someone should be a bigger person and ignore the other. Guess Woddy who has several recent movie failures and his last one starring Our Timmy wasn’t even released. Plus the man is almost 90! Go away old man.

by Anonymousreply 75March 24, 2020 6:01 PM

I said it before and i’ll say it again. If Woody wrote a script for her I guarantee she’d do it.

by Anonymousreply 76March 24, 2020 6:07 PM

R72 - Annie Hall, Radio Days, Crimes & Misdemeanors, Everything You Wanted To Know About Sex, Manhattan, Sleeper, Purple Rose and Blue Jasmine. They may not all be to your tase, but roughly cover the different phases of his career - the guy has made some really great films.

by Anonymousreply 77March 24, 2020 6:15 PM

Anyone that says, "my truth," is always lying.

by Anonymousreply 78March 24, 2020 6:19 PM

Anyone who dates his girlfriend's teenage daughter probably can't be trusted

by Anonymousreply 79March 24, 2020 6:23 PM

Woody, Mia, Ronan--all of you--PLEASE go away. Get lost. Vanish. Vamoose. Disappear. We can't drag around your wretched problems ANY LONGER.

by Anonymousreply 80March 24, 2020 6:26 PM

Anyone who sleeps naked with their teenage son is batshit crazy.

by Anonymousreply 81March 24, 2020 6:38 PM

If you are bored I strongly urge you to watch "Avalanche" on Netflix MST3K. It is the best of the reboot. They have a lot of fun with Mia and Rock.

by Anonymousreply 82March 24, 2020 6:42 PM

Mia Farrow is mentally ill clearly. Her behavior with her own children---adopted and bio---make that clear.

Case closed.

by Anonymousreply 83March 24, 2020 6:58 PM

[quote] I've never seen a Woody Allen film. Which film should I watch to understand his much-referenced literary genius?

My all-time favorite is "Hannah and Her Sisters." The main "set" was Mia Farrow's real Central Park West (?) apartment.

by Anonymousreply 84March 24, 2020 7:03 PM

R81, she didn't. Nice try, Woody.

by Anonymousreply 85March 24, 2020 7:08 PM

My favorites are Annie Hall, Interiors, Manhattan, The Purple Rose of Cairo, Hannah and Her Sisters, Crimes and Misdemeanors, Bullets Over Broadway, Match Point, Midnight in Paris, and Blue Jasmine.

by Anonymousreply 86March 24, 2020 7:10 PM

And Woody didn't molest Dylan.

Nice try, Mia

(see how that works?)

by Anonymousreply 87March 24, 2020 7:10 PM

Why pick a side? I hate them both.

by Anonymousreply 88March 24, 2020 7:16 PM

Didn't Ronan go to college as a child and graduate law school while in his teens? I wonder if Mia pushed that as a weird way way to show her parenting worked/produced success? I can imagine going to law school as a teenager.

by Anonymousreply 89March 24, 2020 7:25 PM

His masterpiece by far is Crimes and Misdemeanors. But if you want to see him address the situation with Mia, watch Kristy Alley's role in Deconstructing Harry.

by Anonymousreply 90March 24, 2020 7:28 PM

How does Mia afford her lifestyle now? Where's her $ coming from? And how does she afford her apartment in high ass NYC?

Maybe Ronan is supporting her financially?

How does she make it all work? And with all of those children.

by Anonymousreply 91March 24, 2020 7:29 PM

R91 she moved out of NYC over 20 years ago. She was probably the most famous example of someone who lived in an apartment that would go for probably 20k/month but bc of rent control paid only 2k. Finally sometime in the late 90s the party was up and since she couldn’t pay anywhere near the rate she got the f out and holed up in CT.

She’s never had that much in the way of money, esp with all those kids — that’s a large part of why she clung to the Woody relationship for so long in spite of all it’s dysfunction. His films also did save her career (In those days, if you were doing broadway — unless you were a much older actress — it meant your movie career was ovah. It’s nothing like today).

by Anonymousreply 92March 24, 2020 7:36 PM

[quote]And how does she afford her apartment in high ass NYC?

That's long gone, gurl - I think it went condo or something.

by Anonymousreply 93March 24, 2020 7:36 PM

She claims she never liked the attention of fame - her Instagram says otherwise.

One of her relationships she doesn't talk about in her book, was with Peter Sellers (another mean nutter).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 94March 24, 2020 7:41 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 95March 24, 2020 7:42 PM

Thanks R92 and R93. I thought she still lived in the city. Her apartment was always so synonymous with her, had no idea she moved out 20 years ago.

by Anonymousreply 96March 24, 2020 7:43 PM

She was clearly never stable.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 97March 24, 2020 7:43 PM

Didn't she recently agree to be interviewed for a retrospective celebrating Woody's career? Didn't this happen like within the past 5 years or so?

Why would she do that?

by Anonymousreply 98March 24, 2020 7:46 PM

[quote]She really socked it to him in her book.

Funny how life reflects art. In "Manhattan" Meryl's character, his lesbian ex-wife, writes a tell all autobiography about him.

by Anonymousreply 99March 24, 2020 7:49 PM

[quote]Didn't she recently agree to be interviewed for a retrospective celebrating Woody's career? Didn't this happen like within the past 5 years or so?

No...never happened.

by Anonymousreply 100March 24, 2020 7:49 PM

didn’t the Beatles say she was a pain in the ass in India when they all went to hang with the Maharishi?

by Anonymousreply 101March 24, 2020 7:49 PM

R101 , Mia Farrow has a sister, Prudence Farrow. That's where the Beatles' song "Dear Prudence" came from. I guess they liked Prudence more than Mia.

by Anonymousreply 102March 24, 2020 7:54 PM

I wonder if Naomi Campbell is still mad at her?

by Anonymousreply 103March 24, 2020 7:54 PM

[quote]didn’t the Beatles say she was a pain in the ass in India when they all went to hang with the Maharishi?

No, they didn't

[quote]That's where the Beatles' song "Dear Prudence" came from. I guess they liked Prudence more than Mia.

We're entering spastic fake story territory.

by Anonymousreply 104March 24, 2020 8:14 PM

Again, attacking Woody or Mia doesn't prove the other innocent.

If you call Mia crazy, it doesn't prove that Woody isn't a child molester. If you call Woody a sociopath, it doesn't prove that Mia is sane. Both sides of an argument can be wrong, and a sociopath and a crazy person can be in a long-term relationship, because no sane person would put up with either.

by Anonymousreply 105March 24, 2020 8:15 PM

"Allen wrote: “She took him into her bedroom, her bed, and insisted on breast-feeding him."

Shows what a whack job Allen is. There is nothing wrong for a mother to "insist" on breastfeeding her newborn.

by Anonymousreply 106March 24, 2020 8:18 PM

[quote] "Dear Prudence" is a song by ... the Beatles from ... "the White Album"[]. The song was written by John Lennon and credited to the Lennon–McCartney partnership. Written in Rishikesh during the group's trip to India in early 1968, it was inspired by actress Mia Farrow's sister, Prudence Farrow ... Her designated partners on the meditation course, Lennon and George Harrison, attempted to coax Farrow out of her seclusion, which led to Lennon writing the song.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 107March 24, 2020 8:24 PM

[quote] "Broadway Danny Rose," "Purple Rose of Cairo," "Hannah and her Sisters," "Crimes and Misdemeanors," and "Husbands and Wive." are just terrific films and I do not think Woody has surpassed them.

I would say Match Point and Midnight in Paris were excellent films.

by Anonymousreply 108March 24, 2020 9:25 PM

I am not sure how Mia supports herself these days. She rarely works and I'm pretty sure the house in Connecticut was quietly sold a few years back. I guess Ronan supports her? Would she have gotten a settlement when they broke up since they weren't married?

by Anonymousreply 109March 24, 2020 9:26 PM

R109 she got child Support for Satchel and Dylan.

by Anonymousreply 110March 24, 2020 9:36 PM

[quote] Shows what a whack job Allen is. There is nothing wrong for a mother to "insist" on breastfeeding her newborn.

R106, now now, don't leave out the rest of the paragraph since that's why he brought up the breast feeding in the first place.

"Allen wrote: “She took him into her bedroom, her bed, and insisted on breast-feeding him. She kept telling me she intended to do it for years, and that anthropological studies have shown positive results from tribes where breast-feeding goes on much longer than on the Upper West Side. Years later, two very professional and perceptive women who worked in Mia’s house, Sandy Boluch and Judy Hollister, the first as babysitter and the second as housekeeper, described numerous incidents. Sandy reports seeing Mia sometimes sleeping in the nude with Satchel (now Ronan) a number of times till he was eleven years old. I don’t know what the anthropologists would say about that, but I can imagine what the guys in the poolroom would say.” "

by Anonymousreply 111March 24, 2020 9:37 PM

Mia Farrow breasfeeding Ronan

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 112March 24, 2020 9:41 PM

[quote] I'm pretty sure the house in Connecticut was quietly sold a few years back.

MORE of this FAKE NEWS.

Who are these people posting on here now?

Gossiping fraus making it up as they go along.

by Anonymousreply 113March 24, 2020 9:48 PM

I'm just reading comments at Dlisted about this case and man has Mia Farrow managed to whitewash herself and make people truly believe Woody Allen is a pedo. I so wish Allen would sue her and Ronan for slander.

by Anonymousreply 114March 24, 2020 10:39 PM

Ewwww....

So it THIS what Hannah and her Sisters is based on?

I’m skeptical about the child molester claims but he really is a fucking perv (I’ve said it before).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 115March 24, 2020 10:49 PM

Wonder what Grammy Hall said - there was a pic of him with the real Grammy Hall but I cant find it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 116March 24, 2020 11:21 PM

Yeah I think I would rather watch the Jerry Springer show ( is he still on?) or Keeping Up With the Kardwhatever than read or hear anymore of this ugly ugly affair.

by Anonymousreply 117March 25, 2020 2:35 AM

That picture was the only time I saw Allen Konisberg truly look happy.

How great was Kirstie Alley in Deconstructing Harry? She should have been nominated for an Oscar that year.

by Anonymousreply 118March 25, 2020 4:34 AM

R118 the Annie Hall pic you mean? I was thinking that too. His relationship with Diane seemed to have been a more easy going one, in many ways (I’m not even counting the salacious breakup, just comparing how both couples looked and worked together). Could also have been because he was a decade younger.

by Anonymousreply 119March 25, 2020 4:56 AM

What happened in Woody's childhood that screwed HIM up so much?

by Anonymousreply 120March 25, 2020 5:24 PM

Agreed, R118. I find Kirstie Alley repugnant, but she was terrific in “Deconstructing Harry”. Her scene trying to control her fury with Allen in front of her patient is hilarious — the best in the film.

by Anonymousreply 121March 25, 2020 5:38 PM

Hell hath no fury like a director who's career is over scored.

by Anonymousreply 122March 25, 2020 6:15 PM

What are you trying to say, r122? Your sentence makes no sense.

by Anonymousreply 123March 25, 2020 6:17 PM

this is the face of an abused child. She is four...there is not one picture of her smiling. No one remembers how she got the black eye.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 124March 25, 2020 6:32 PM

"What happened in Woody's childhood that screwed HIM up so much? "

R120, I think that sociopaths aren't made, they're born.

A question for someone who's read the book: In all Woody's descriptions of Mia's terrible parenting practices, does he ever claim he tried to intervene? Or to make things better for the kids?

by Anonymousreply 125March 25, 2020 8:10 PM

[quote]does he ever claim he tried to intervene? Or to make things better for the kids?

How could he do that? he hadn't a clue about kids.

by Anonymousreply 126March 25, 2020 8:16 PM

Oh for fuck's sake, R126! Any normal person can say "Mia, for God's sake don't hit your kids! There, there, kids, it's not okay for mommy to hit you, this isn't okay.". Any normal person can call the police or CPS, if they see children being abused. And in the case of Ronan and Dylan, who were legally Woody's own children, he could have them move in with him, temporarily or permanently. In fact, as their father, it was his absolute legal responsibility to protect do so.

I accept that Allen knows dick about kids, and would hesitate to take on full-time parenting, but he could afford the best nannies in the world. And if he didn't have enough space for a nursery, he could afford to offer his next door neighbor three times the value of their home, and expand his own.

So again, in the book, did Allen ever claim to intervene in Mia's terrible parenting, or to do anything to make life better for her kids or their mutual kids? Because i'm not reading it.

by Anonymousreply 127March 25, 2020 8:27 PM

Jon Lovett has found this thread!

by Anonymousreply 128March 25, 2020 8:51 PM

I'm reading the book. It reads like he just spoke the words and some writer got them down and turned them into a book. It's therefore are rather hard read. I had never really valued autobiographies as being any sort of literature, but the mere process of actually writing goes some way and this clearly does not have that quality.

He's very aware of having a strong female side as well as a butcher sporty athletic side. But he's comfortable expressing his feminine - which has been part of his genius and success with his movies. His female characters are often very strong.

He says the female lead character in Purple Rose Of Cairo is the closest he got to writing about himself.

by Anonymousreply 129March 25, 2020 10:56 PM

R127, if it hasn't become obvious to you already it seems Mia Farrow is a Grade A manipulator. Since Woody Allen didn't live with Farrow or the kids it seems he didn't have a very deep connection with them, especially because most were from Mia's previous relationships. Judging by what Moses has told Mia coached the kids to behave exactly like she wanted, which probably included playing nice little kids whenever Allen was around. Or the kids just didn't want to shake the boat. I suspect Farrow wasn't a monster all the time and things were fine when she was happy. Kids learn to stay quiet about their troubles, especially foster kids who can easily be reminded they could be shipped back if they don't behave. And as we know Farrow apparently did ship at least two kids back.

by Anonymousreply 130March 26, 2020 2:26 AM

Farrow wrote a supportive note to Bette Davis when her daughter trashed her in her book and admitted as a mother that her children could write a whole shelf full of books about her own parenting skills.

Bette included in it in This n That,

Am I the only elder gay that remembers that book?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 131March 26, 2020 2:52 AM

R130, none of that absolves Allen of any responsibility for his own children, or of the good citizen's responsibility for any child they see being abused.

If he let her take over all the responsibility for parenting, it's because he let her, and not because she somehow kept him from having anything to do with his own children.

by Anonymousreply 132March 26, 2020 3:03 AM

R132, oh yes, let's blame the outsider and not the abuser. I wasn't there so obviously I've no idea what happened but I suspect Allen thought Farrow was doing a good job with the kids. Judging by his actions it sounds like he didn't really care about being a father. On top of that quick googling tells that Allen apparently knew Farrow was still fucking Sinatra when they were together. It seems Allen wanted a distant relationship with someone like Farrow, with less strings attached than in usual relationships. That might also mean just not wanting to know about his girlfriend's kids. Allen might've suspected Ronan wasn't his from the very start which would mean he didn't have any biological kids with Farrow. Knowing Farrow's MO of collecting kids I suspect she was behind the Dylan adoption, not Allen.

by Anonymousreply 133March 26, 2020 3:16 AM

"Judging by his actions it sounds like he didn't really care about being a father."

That was my point. His lack of attachment to his kids is weird, and worrisome, and gives strength to my suspicion that he's a sociopath.

Which BTW doesn't absolve Mia of a thing. By all accounts she's a nutter and a piss-poor parent, but that doesn't let Allen off the hook for anything. Both sides of an argument can be wrong, both people in a relationship can be horrible, both parents can be godawful to their children, in different ways and for different pathological reasons. And it seems that they both were.

by Anonymousreply 134March 26, 2020 3:25 AM

TBH, not much about Woody Allen screams of him being a sociopath. Would a sociopath really be able to write movies the way he does? Granted I haven't seen much from him but I've always thought he's big into human emotions in his movies.

by Anonymousreply 135March 26, 2020 3:29 AM

R134 not having great social skills and being somewhat on the spectrum is very different from being a sociopath. Trump is a sociopath. OJ is a sociopath.

by Anonymousreply 136March 26, 2020 3:47 AM

R48 I agree. I think Ronan and Mia know Woody isn’t the father. In addition to making her look bad, if it ever came out it would make Mia look crazy enough to coach her daughter into accusing Woody of molestation.

by Anonymousreply 137March 26, 2020 4:05 AM

Agree with the others about Kirstie Alley (whom I think is repugnant) in "...Harry", she was outstanding. You've also got to give credit to the guy playing the patient.

They were a mess but we can be thankful that they turned out some terrific films together. My favorite performance of Mia's is "Broadway Danny Rose" I had no idea she had a character like that in her.

by Anonymousreply 138March 26, 2020 5:13 AM

I think it's all even more complicated than some of you are making it. Years ago I read some of the court documents and they were one very screwed up family, Woody included. Satchel/Ronan was in therapy from a very young age, Woody had a weird attachment to Dylan. I tend to think the abuse allegations were of the woman scorned variety, but they both never should've had any children.

by Anonymousreply 139March 26, 2020 7:02 AM

[quote]“If there were other kids she adopted and returned I have no idea — as I said, I lived on the other side of the park,” he wrote.

Most Woody Allen sentence ever?

by Anonymousreply 140March 26, 2020 8:30 AM

Truthfully , the returned children probably fared better than the ones she kept. Evidently one of them was sent back because her biological son Fletcher found him irritating. To compulsively adopt when you clearly prefer your biological children is atrocious. I hope this puts a dent in Farrows humanitarian image. Years ago, Mia was on Stern and Howard was falling all over himself to praise her supposed goodness and charity and talk about what a weasel Allen was. Too many people still have the ridiculous image of benevolent Mia vs rapacious Woody. He should speak out. It's not like silence helped any.

by Anonymousreply 141March 26, 2020 8:50 AM

"He should speak out. It's not like silence helped any. "

Uh, he has. He's published a book.

by Anonymousreply 142March 26, 2020 9:03 AM

I agree, r138, Mia was HILARIOUS in "Broadway Danny Rose."

by Anonymousreply 143March 26, 2020 12:14 PM

R142 - I’m not R141, but Jesus dude, how about you look up all the meanings and usage variants of “should” before jumping right to a nasty, pointless and actually incorrect “gotcha” post.

by Anonymousreply 144March 26, 2020 3:02 PM

[quote]You know, it's really easy to believe that BOTH Woody and Mia are shitty human beings.

It does get tiresome to get called a Mia lover when you point out why Woody is a liar and a scumbag.

Mia didn't even realize what Woody was doing was abuse. She just had him go to therapy when he was abusive to both Dylan and Satchel. Then the pediatrician is the one who called the authorities on Woody because Mia wouldn't do it.

I don't doubt she has some emotional issues, because we know her siblings do; Prudence and her involvement in the Robert Durst murder(s), Patrick dead from suicide, John in jail for molesting his daughter, Tisa who dropped out of school and ran off to become a prostitute, etc. They were most certainly abused and probably have no idea how to separate normal behavior from abusive behavior.

But I suspect Woody, consciously or not, took advantage of that fact and was able to treat his kids and their adopted siblings in a less than appropriate manner. Not talking about the alleged molestation but about the universal observation that he was cold, distant and rude to most of them, except Moses.

by Anonymousreply 145March 26, 2020 3:11 PM

[quote] I tend to think the abuse allegations were of the woman scorned variety, but they both never should've had any children.

Well, but the documents you say you read pretty much prove they couldn't have been allegations made AFTER the affair with Soon-Yi. The allegations almost all date to well before Mia found out about Woody and Soon-Yi. The therapy, the weird behavior, the ignoring of some kids, it was all well before he started sleeping with Soon-Yi.

It just doesn't make sense to say sure, he was nasty to the kids, ignored them, hated them, didn't think adopted kids counted as real children, had a weird attention to Dylan and was physically abusive to Satchel, but the molestation, that's just completely made up by an angry ex.

To this day he still is very dismissive of adopted kids, even though his two kids with Soon-Yi are adopted. He has a real problem with understanding boundaries, which is why we're reading about him groping teenage Soon-Yi 30 years ago, as if anyone is interested.

by Anonymousreply 146March 26, 2020 3:15 PM

Nothing this arse says would convince me to pay any more attention to his book or his movies. I like Ronan, Mia is nutso (she did sleep with the creep, after all) and you can't get past the inappropriate behavior with his step-daughter as he groomed an underage girl and tore a family apart with his lust.

His 'art' is banal without all the background drama, so it was easy to dismiss.

Last gasps are difficult to watch, but a relief for those who've been waiting for it. I'll be happy when the world is able to say "Woody who?....that character in Toy Story?"

by Anonymousreply 147March 26, 2020 3:16 PM

[quote] Mia didn't even realize what Woody was doing was abuse. She just had him go to therapy when he was abusive to both Dylan and Satchel. Then the pediatrician is the one who called the authorities on Woody because Mia wouldn't do it.

Quite a fantasy you've created there. Is this what Mia Farrow's camp will claim next, that Allen abused Dylan and Ronan all the time?

by Anonymousreply 148March 26, 2020 3:46 PM

[quote] he groomed an underage girl

There's never been any evidence of that but those shrieking about Allen being a pedo keep repeating it like it's the truth. If you point out that the Dylan abuse allegations were fake they still use the Soon-Yi grooming as the evidence, even though nothing suggests it ever even happened. If you point that out they keep repeating how yucky and disgusting Allen is. In the end there isn't proof of anything truly sinister happening between Allen and the kids but there most certainly is between Mia and the kids.

by Anonymousreply 149March 26, 2020 3:56 PM

I have long admired Woody Allen's film. They are truly great.

I don't know if Dylan's story of abuse is true. But Woody Allen is a creep. This memoir is an Apologia, but no apology. He slings mud back at Mia Farrow. It's all about him. The fact is he took off with his wife's daughter. Whatever Mia Farrow's faults, he did a creepy thing!

by Anonymousreply 150March 26, 2020 4:05 PM

R150, well considering the Farrows have been attacking him pretty much non-stop for decades and recently have tried to ruin him professionally can you blame him? Sometimes you have to give back the same way when shit gets thrown at you. Some people believe anything coming from the Farrows because they think she's this saintly figure Allen hurt deeply by pretty much raping her teen daughter, even if they don't necessarily believe him touching Dylan. It's good they learn that Mia was a mommie dearest kind of abuser who fucked around while dating Allen. It puts things into perspective.

Knowing how Mia slept in the nude with Ronan until he was 11 also puts his actions into perspective. It makes you wonder how deeply attached he is to her, and not in a good way.

We'll see what the next attack from the Farrows will be like. They must be furious his memoirs got out even though Ronan threw a bitch fit trying to stop the publishing.

by Anonymousreply 151March 26, 2020 4:24 PM

Soon is the only winner here.

by Anonymousreply 152March 26, 2020 4:25 PM

;;;;

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 153March 26, 2020 4:29 PM

R146, I can believe that Mia accused him of molesting Dylan out of spite while at the same time knowing Woody had previously had a weird attachment to Dylan. Why not? I do think Woody is creepy, but that doesn't mean he's an actual pedophile and acted on his pedophilia. I think the fact that he has never been accused of anything else, besides the Dylan thing in the midst of an acrimonious situation, is evidence that he isn't a pedophile.

by Anonymousreply 154March 26, 2020 5:12 PM

Does Woody attract the wackos or does he make them? His current marriage to a non-actress outlasted his first marriage, and his marriage to Louise Lasser, and his neighbor friends-with-benefits relationship with Ms. Farrow.

Has Mia had a marriage or partnership lasting as long as that of Soon-Yi and Woody's?

by Anonymousreply 155March 26, 2020 5:24 PM

Does anyone remember a little movie called Manhattan? I’m 100% sure Allen is a creep but also a smart creep maybe he had impulses but didn’t act on it but felt he could with his adopted daughter. R245 makes a Rey good point.

Speaking for myself I can not imagine sleeping in the nudewith my mother although not everyone has hangups about nudity.

by Anonymousreply 156March 26, 2020 5:43 PM

Woody is like Brooke Logan going through family members.

by Anonymousreply 157March 26, 2020 5:43 PM

When was the last time there was anything new to discuss in this saga? 1999? Fucking tedious.

by Anonymousreply 158March 26, 2020 5:52 PM

Woody is the one currently rehashing it for whatever reason.

by Anonymousreply 159March 26, 2020 6:19 PM

I agree this story is something I wish would go away but someone will die soon or get Alzheimer’s so that should at least stop one version of it.

by Anonymousreply 160March 26, 2020 6:23 PM

Uhhhh, no. Ronan and Mia have been doing it nonstop for the lsat year.

by Anonymousreply 161March 26, 2020 6:23 PM

R104 = Satchel/Ronan

by Anonymousreply 162March 26, 2020 6:30 PM

Artistic, educated, wealthy "poor white trash" at its finest.

by Anonymousreply 163March 26, 2020 6:35 PM

Not sure why WA is considered such a 'genius". He is woefully undereducated and the throwing around of Bergman and Kierkegaard in his movies seemed to impress some enough to label him an "intellectual". Fact is, his an undereducated rube and consideres Bill Cosby and Jeff Epstein his friends.

by Anonymousreply 164March 26, 2020 6:47 PM

It's funny, around the time the Weinstein thing blew up, I said to my partner, "Ronan feels like one of those gay guys who are waaaaay too close to their moms."

by Anonymousreply 165March 26, 2020 6:50 PM

R165 My mom was an addict and so I didn't get to have a that close relationship with her that I craved. What's so bad about being a momma's boy? As long as you're independent and not leeching at home, so what?

by Anonymousreply 166March 26, 2020 6:56 PM

Will he put Dylan and Ronan in his will?

by Anonymousreply 167March 26, 2020 6:57 PM

Who has committed the more heinous crime? A person who sexually molests a child? or a person who accuses someone of molesting a child when they know that person is innocent?

The first, obviously. But the second runs a pretty close second.

I believe Woody is creepy and is guilty of lots of inappropriate behavior. But I don't believe he molested Dylan. There are too many things that just don't add up.

I don't believe Mia to be such a horrible person, (at one time, anyway). I do believe she might have suspected he did something at the time and, along with his dalliance with HER adopted daughter, blew it all out of proportion to set her agenda. She hated him so much at the time that she wanted to believe he was guilty, so that included manipulating her children to agree to an event that did not happen. But what does one do when one willfully commits such a heinous act of accusation? In Mia's case, I believe she convinced herself there was no going back, and had to commit to what she knew deep down was a lie. If there is one thing Mia has taught herself, it's how to survive. There was no way she could continue her life as it was, including her humanitarian efforts, if she were ever to admit that perhaps she was mistaken. Especially not after having gotten her children involved.

Think of the ending of Woody's Crimes and MIsdemeanors. Martin Balsam gets away with his crime, and his guilt eventually fades away, (or Match Point).

by Anonymousreply 168March 26, 2020 7:19 PM

r166 that's fine, but there is definitely such a thing as *too close*, I've seen it and dumped guys over it.

by Anonymousreply 169March 26, 2020 7:22 PM

It was Martin Landau, R168

by Anonymousreply 170March 26, 2020 7:43 PM

R166 is right. Ronan never spends the whole night when he drops by at midnight to suck his mother's tit and have her take away all his stressy-wessy because he's been such a good boy chasing all those mean men, like his ex-daddy, the worst monster in the history of the world! Tugging my big boy. Yes!

by Anonymousreply 171March 27, 2020 12:13 AM

Sure sounds a lot better than the idea of Woody exposing himself to us. :o

by Anonymousreply 172March 27, 2020 12:33 AM

Martin Balsam world have gotten away with it too, R170; if only he hadn’t sneezed!

by Anonymousreply 173March 27, 2020 1:00 AM

Woody always creeped me out,even as a child. And then when the Soon Yi scandal came out I knew I was right.

A man doesn't go from being disinterested in his girlfriend's teenage daughter to wanting to spend one on one time with her without his dick doing the thinking. He was grooming her plain and simple.

by Anonymousreply 174March 27, 2020 1:51 AM

I wonder how different would Ronan be if Woody had stayed in his life and not allowed him to sleep naked with his mother.

by Anonymousreply 175March 27, 2020 1:57 AM

Why did Mia feel the need to sleep with NAKED with her SON?! Was she molesting him? Accuse others of doing what you are, and all that.

by Anonymousreply 176March 27, 2020 1:59 AM

R174 Both Woody and Mia creep me out. A friend who at one time knew Mia Farrow as he had worked for her on and off said how she is a nutcase, drama queen, and treats her adopted kids like they are pets and she of course had her favorites.

by Anonymousreply 177March 27, 2020 2:00 AM

It is creepy how Ronan and his nutcase poor excuse for a "mom" Mia both believe the lie that Frank Sinatra was Ronan's father. Ronan even went as far as getting lots of plastic surgery and wears blue contacts. Roro/Satchel, you can claim you are related to Frank all you want but even Nancy Sinatra knows you are a fraud.

In a 2015 CBS Sunday Morning interview, Sinatra's daughter Nancy dismissed the idea that her father is the biological father of Ronan Farrow, calling it "nonsense", and said her father had a vasectomy years before Ronan's birth.

by Anonymousreply 178March 27, 2020 2:20 AM

It looks like some baby-batter leaked through those knotted old cum tubes of Frank's, R178. There's no way that ugly Jew made that kid.

by Anonymousreply 179March 27, 2020 3:06 AM

I think he is Woody's kid and it'll show more and more as he ages until finally he basically looks like a blond pillow-lipped version of his father around age 70.

by Anonymousreply 180March 27, 2020 3:18 AM

R179 pre plastic surgery he looked very “Jewy” as well.

You can be a blonde and still look very Jewish, you know.

by Anonymousreply 181March 27, 2020 3:40 AM

"Ugly Jew", eh? I hadn't even realized some people hating on Allen are anti-Semite. No wonder we see so many lunatics attacking him.

by Anonymousreply 182March 27, 2020 3:45 AM

Woody was shooting blanks.

by Anonymousreply 183March 27, 2020 5:03 AM

R182 just to be clear (because I get very disturbed by some of those comments on this board) I was calling that poster out and that’s why I put what I did in quotes. I mean yes let’s be fair there are certain “Jewish looking” features that sometimes show up — there just are (my father was Jewish himself) — but not for everyone, and regardless sometimes the language on here about that sort of thing is disgusting.

Anyway, carry on...

by Anonymousreply 184March 27, 2020 5:37 AM

The term "Jewy" hardly is contained and excused by quotes, even from the daughter of a Jewish father.

The correct term is "Jewbacca." As in Star of David Wars.

by Anonymousreply 185March 27, 2020 6:34 AM

R185 is just upset due to his lack of foreskin.

by Anonymousreply 186March 27, 2020 7:28 AM

[quote]Quite a fantasy you've created there. Is this what Mia Farrow's camp will claim next, that Allen abused Dylan and Ronan all the time?

I'm not in "Mia's camp" and literally every single one of you emotionally broken ladies who always say that someone who disagrees with you in a gossip thread is obviously part of someone's "camp" or "PR" need to seek professional help.

Christ, you've been doing this for so long and getting dunked on about it for so many years, you'd think you people would learn. But it's like the jackasses who go on about "first amendment rights" when the US Constitution doesn't apply: you can be told time and again that you're plainly, simply wrong, and it never sinks in.

Anyway, read the court documents from the divorce, they're online and they detail the therapy Allen was in for physically abusing Satchel and being "inappropriate" with Dylan. It's all there, it's been known for well over 25 years, but if you want to claim I'm part of "Mia's camp" making up a "new story" then go right ahead. The truth doesn't change just because you post something stupid on Datalounge.

by Anonymousreply 187March 27, 2020 10:01 AM

[quote]I hadn't even realized some people hating on Allen are anti-Semite.

In several threads we've had pro-Woody people say antisemitic things, claiming they were just quoting others, but curiously could never provide the quotes they were supposedly referencing.

Also there has been a MASSIVE uptick in racist Breitbart types around here lately, it's just been insane, and there have been at least two lengthy threads that were nothing but antisemitic "throw the kikes in the oven" shit and NO ONE did anything about it, MURIEL.

So yeah, some of those fucks are going to end up over here. But they're not regulars, because they showed up all at once about two weeks ago or so.

Most of the people who dislike Woody do so for good reason, and you can always use the ignore trick to sort the trolls and bigots out from the regular people. Not that you will, of course, but the option is there for the people who actually care about what's happening in these threads.

by Anonymousreply 188March 27, 2020 10:05 AM

[quote]He is woefully undereducated and the throwing around of Bergman and Kierkegaard in his movies seemed to impress some enough to label him an "intellectual".

Critics in the 70s seemed to think he was on a trajectory that would end with him as an undisputed genius. They had seen him go from a nebbish little TV writer and stand-up comedian to a decent satirist with a surrealist streak, then to light comedic adaptations of heavier European philosophical art films. They thought he was going to continue on to develop his own voice, but when he did he failed more often than he succeeded, and lost his voice by the early 1990s. Disappointed old Academy types and aging film critics blame it on that bitch for taking him down, without looking back at, say, Alice or Midsummer or Interiors and recognizing the weaknesses he already had.

Then at that point they're wedded to the idea that he's a genius and rules don't apply to geniuses, and if he wants to fuck the adopted teen sister of his own children, let him, he's a genius by god. And if he wants to take Streetcar, rip all the sex and passion out of it, add little passive-aggressive points from his own life to "tell his side of the story" then by god let him, he's a genius! It's genius when he does that! Oscar noms for everybody!

Which is how we got to where we are, unfortunately. Boomers had expectations and they won't let them go easily.

by Anonymousreply 189March 27, 2020 10:21 AM

Supposed "Jewish" looks are indistinguishable from Arabs. If you ever went to the Middle East you would know that.

by Anonymousreply 190March 27, 2020 1:30 PM

I'm sure Mia and her son started bad mouthing Allen a year ago because they knew the book was coming out. The book makes Allen to be a even bigger creep and I have no desire to read it...

I remember an article in the 70s in either Look or Life that did a pictorial of the Bottoms family mom and dad with 3 handsome actor sons all naked in a jacuzzi. Like I said before some people think nudity is no big deal.

by Anonymousreply 191March 27, 2020 2:18 PM

[quote]I'm sure Mia and her son started bad mouthing Allen a year ago because they knew the book was coming out. The book makes Allen to be a even bigger creep and I have no desire to read it...

I agree with the former but the latter doesn't sound quite right. I've read fairly positive reviews about the book and they don't make Allen sound like he's 'even a bigger creep'.

by Anonymousreply 192March 27, 2020 2:27 PM

Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned

by Anonymousreply 193March 27, 2020 2:35 PM

I think Pauline Kael was onto Allen's strengths and weaknesses in filmmaking back in the 70s, r189.

by Anonymousreply 194March 27, 2020 2:51 PM

Those are all good points, R151. They're all a bunch of bums.

by Anonymousreply 195April 6, 2020 2:04 PM

Moral of the story:

Never start fucking the daughter you adopt once she grows up. I mean that's like marrying a woman with a small infant, and then you start fucking her once she falls 17.

by Anonymousreply 196April 6, 2020 3:33 PM

I find the whole saga intriguing and don't think the tit for tat will ever end until all the parties are dead and gone and even then it will be rehashed over and over. Look at how many Vivien Leigh threads we have on this board.

I hope there is a heaven because I can imagine somewhere Dory Previn is sitting there watching all this and laughing her ass off.

by Anonymousreply 197April 6, 2020 3:36 PM

"Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned."

Don't be ridiculous, nothing more hellish than a man scorned. How many scorned women murder men than the other way round.

by Anonymousreply 198April 6, 2020 4:06 PM

Woody no goody.

by Anonymousreply 199April 8, 2020 8:09 PM

Mia will be in a HBO documentary about Natalie Wood that also has Robert Redford, Robert Wagner and his daughter with Natalie.

by Anonymousreply 200April 9, 2020 6:49 AM

Cool.

Thanks for the heads up!

I love Natalie Wood.

by Anonymousreply 201April 9, 2020 4:12 PM

The book is dull. Halfway thru and not one laugh. He just names endless people whom he met over the years who have influenced him and how much he likes them...at least if he showed a bit of his bitchy side, but he's being very careful. He feels he needs to present himself as a very nice guy, so it's tedious.

by Anonymousreply 202April 9, 2020 5:01 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!