Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Can you imagine what it's like to be Patient Zero right now?

It's not confirmed yet, but the suspected individual is a 55-year-old Wuhan man who was infected in November.

Even though it's not something he did intentionally or anything, it would still fuck with my head to know that I was the initial vector for a virus currently killing tens and thousands of people.

by Anonymousreply 75March 30, 2020 2:39 AM

He ought to be put to death.

by Anonymousreply 1March 22, 2020 10:13 PM

I wish bats turned him into soup, but make sure to keep him alive as they put him in the boiling broth and eat him.

by Anonymousreply 2March 22, 2020 10:15 PM

Oh stop it R1. Be a human for a change.

by Anonymousreply 3March 22, 2020 10:19 PM

We should have bombed Wuhan when we still had a chance

by Anonymousreply 4March 22, 2020 10:23 PM

Nope, sorry. You don't like my attitude, tough fucking shit. China and their filth have basically ended the world. I'm not too concerned about anyone's fee fees right now.

Go sing Imagine with Gal Gadot and fuck off.

by Anonymousreply 5March 22, 2020 10:23 PM

People in China have been eating strange shit for centuries but this virus just emerged?

by Anonymousreply 6March 22, 2020 10:26 PM

R5 it's still not 100% confirmed how the virus originated, psycho.

The guy may have just been a poor farmer who inhaled bat shit as he was cleaning out his shed.

by Anonymousreply 7March 22, 2020 10:27 PM

One in a long line of viruses from that shithole.

by Anonymousreply 8March 22, 2020 10:27 PM

Who's going to be his Randy Shilts?

by Anonymousreply 9March 22, 2020 10:32 PM

^. Perhaps it was a perfect storm for the virus to emerge: dying, sick palogin defecates on dying, sick bat who turn is handled by guy with compromised health. Or it could’ve been created in a lab.

by Anonymousreply 10March 22, 2020 10:34 PM

R7, I'm not for targeting anyone for what they are and it's disgusting people are just attacking random Asian people over this, just like they did with Muslims and Hindus and anyone who "looked" Muslim.

However, China needs to clean up their fucking act from the sweatshops, to baby formula, to being the ones who cause some species to become endangered due to their bullshit concoctions, to their disgusting hygiene, pollution and eating habits.

For a restrictive country, their pretty lax on things that should be a priority.

by Anonymousreply 11March 22, 2020 10:35 PM

R1, R2 and R4 just time traveled from January, 1942 attending the Wannsee Conference and are now going to implement their "vision" for the world.

by Anonymousreply 12March 22, 2020 10:35 PM

r1, we are ALL so impressed with your vengeful bloodthirstiness.

by Anonymousreply 13March 22, 2020 10:36 PM

OP, There were lots of stories online about coronavirus long before Oct 31 when Canadian AI picked up the unusually high number of stories coming out of Wuhan.

by Anonymousreply 14March 22, 2020 10:37 PM

R12, I'm I'm R11 and R2. If he ate bat soup, I stand by what I wrote @R2

by Anonymousreply 15March 22, 2020 10:39 PM

I hope he gets what's coming

by Anonymousreply 16March 22, 2020 10:42 PM

I have no idea if this was from a wet market or a lab but the chinese mob runs the wetmarkets with their lack of regulations and animal abuse so they are not going anywhere. The politicos make too much money from them. You got a problem with them, you disappear. Maybe they have fingers in the pharmaceutical markets and biological weapons as well. Why do you think Asia has become such a huge market for luxury goods and Disney vacations?

by Anonymousreply 17March 22, 2020 10:48 PM

You can stand there until hell freezes over for all I care, R2/11/15.

by Anonymousreply 18March 22, 2020 10:49 PM

I feel sorry for the guy. Just because he fondled a bat doesn't mean it's his fault some people are hysterical about possibly getting sick.

by Anonymousreply 19March 22, 2020 10:51 PM

R18, how about I just fucking cough on you and be done with it? Don't defend the disgusting hygiene and eating habits pervasive in villages/cities which leads to such viruses. FUCK YOU.

by Anonymousreply 20March 22, 2020 10:51 PM

[quote]He ought to be put to death.

Took a gander at your posts in the coronavirus freakout threads and buddy, you are either working overtime to try to stir up shit on Datalounge for no reason at all, or you have a SERIOUS issue with anxiety and catastrophic thinking and need to see a professional as soon as you can.

This is borderline sociopathic thinking. "Patient Zero," if there even is one, didn't get the virus on purpose, and people can go two weeks without realizing they have it.

by Anonymousreply 21March 22, 2020 10:51 PM

Possibly getting sick? Thousands of people are DEAD.

by Anonymousreply 22March 22, 2020 10:52 PM

[quote] currently killing tens and thousands of people.

Which is it? Is it killing tens of people or thousands?

by Anonymousreply 23March 22, 2020 10:57 PM

It wasn't necessarily his fault.

by Anonymousreply 24March 22, 2020 10:58 PM

[quote] that I was the initial vector for a virus

What’s our vector, Victor?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25March 22, 2020 10:58 PM

It wasn't from a lab r10/r17, stop with that bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 26March 22, 2020 11:02 PM

The Chinese are never going to change, even this will not be a lesson for them. They will continue to be filthy disgusting pigs until another plague hits and finally wipes out the whole world. And if even one Chinese is still alive after that, they'll still be skinning and eating vermin.

by Anonymousreply 27March 22, 2020 11:08 PM

Well R26 and you know that how exactly? Are you one of those who said this is nothing and people who were alarmed were nothing but racists and fearmongers? It is just as good as a man eating a bat which people in China have been doing for a very long time.

Really how are you so certain? I'm genuinely open to being convinced that it had to be a species jump.

by Anonymousreply 28March 22, 2020 11:10 PM

[quote] Took a gander at your posts in the coronavirus freakout threads and buddy, you are either working overtime to try to stir up shit on Datalounge for no reason at all, or you have a SERIOUS issue with anxiety and catastrophic thinking and need to see a professional as soon as you can.

I'm really not too concerned about what you think. And I'm not your buddy.

by Anonymousreply 29March 22, 2020 11:12 PM

"Don't defend the disgusting hygiene and eating habits pervasive in villages/cities which leads to such viruses. FUCK YOU."

You really are an asshole par excellence. These people have been living in these conditions for centuries, long before your pampered and molly coddled ass set foot on earth, and they possess stamina/survival instincts you could only dream of, so they and their families and succeeding generations will be around a lot longer than some prissy fucking queen in America. And when you finally do kick the bucket, no one will give a rat's ass.

by Anonymousreply 30March 22, 2020 11:20 PM

I hope this is the end of China. I'm tired of working with the mainland trash!

by Anonymousreply 31March 22, 2020 11:24 PM

[quote] These people have been living in these conditions for centuries, long before your pampered and molly coddled ass set foot on earth

Pampered and molly-coddled? I fucking use dial soap. I'm not bathing in some pristine, enchanted river surrounded by servants.

And if you knew anything about hygiene, you'd know you don't even need the soap. a little water and the intense friction of your hands rubbing together is what kills germs.

by Anonymousreply 32March 22, 2020 11:25 PM

[quote] These people have been living in these conditions for centuries, long before your pampered and molly coddled ass set foot on earth, and they possess stamina/survival instincts you could only dream of, so they and their families and succeeding generations will be around a lot longer than some prissy fucking queen in America.

They do? Then why are there so many pandemics coming out of there? Why are they always wearing masks everywhere? Why were their numbers so catastrophic during this? They really aren't a terribly hale and hearty people.

by Anonymousreply 33March 22, 2020 11:26 PM

R28, for you. It’s not an engineered virus.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34March 22, 2020 11:29 PM

No one ate a live bat. That is the stupidest idea ever.

New viruses usually start from some sort of human contact with an animal, which does not have to be through eating the animal (and certainly not a live animal). The animal could have bitten the human, or human food could have been accidentally been contaminated with animal dung. SARS spread from contact with a civet cat; MERS spread from contact with a dromedary in the Middle East.

Bad hygiene may indeed have started this--we do not know its origin yet (originally people thought it came from a "wet" market in Wuhan, but researchers no longer think that is the case). It did probably originate from some sort of contamination caused by inferior hygiene among the poor, who csan barely feed themselves in the developing world.

If you want these epidemics to end, I suggest then you work on curing poverty in the developing world.

Sinophobia and rabid cuntiness do no one any good, and end no diseases.

by Anonymousreply 35March 22, 2020 11:30 PM

[quote]Really how are you so certain?

The question here is how are YOU so certain it's man made?

What makes you think the first conspiracy theory you hear makes more sense than a theory that is based on how numerous viruses have propagated over the course of human history? Viruses frequently mutate and jump species; why do you think that's not the case here?

by Anonymousreply 36March 22, 2020 11:32 PM

“Did you see the thing on the news about their treatment of animals and animal welfare?” he said. “Absolutely horrific. You can’t help but feel that the Chinese are a subspecies.” -Morrissey 2010

He got in so much trouble for saying this at the time.

by Anonymousreply 37March 22, 2020 11:33 PM

I did not say I was certain. I said I was willing to be convinced it's not man made. I will read what R34 provided. Like most everybody else I have no dog in the race of HOW it started.

by Anonymousreply 38March 22, 2020 11:53 PM

Yes. I'd sympathise briefly, thank my lucky stars, and continue with my life.

by Anonymousreply 39March 22, 2020 11:58 PM

Fuck off, R37. Sub-species? Really? F&F this racist.

by Anonymousreply 40March 22, 2020 11:58 PM

[quote]These people have been living in these conditions for centuries,

And they've been giving DISEASES to the rest of the world for centuries. The Black Death started in China.

by Anonymousreply 41March 23, 2020 12:06 AM

It is, r4. But it's an effective way to wage psychological warfare. Especially when the CCP buys our entire countries.

by Anonymousreply 42March 23, 2020 12:07 AM

[quote]If you want these epidemics to end, I suggest then you work on curing poverty in the developing world.

Oh yes, the Great White Saviors will swoop into China and teach them all how to stop living like pigs. Do you even listen to yourself? None of those people are going to change, and they sure as hell don't want Westerners telling them what to do.

by Anonymousreply 43March 23, 2020 12:08 AM

And then went through Europe by way of Italy. It really is incredible how this is playing out a half a millennium later. We got so complacent. There is something so horrifying yet at the same time so satisfying watching the Titanic go down.

by Anonymousreply 44March 23, 2020 12:12 AM

I hope you fucking racist trolls get coronavirus soon so Datalounge can have a little peace and quiet for once.

by Anonymousreply 45March 23, 2020 12:13 AM

Climb off your cross, r45. If the Irish lived like filthy pigs and gave fatal diseases to the world, we'd be criticizing them instead of the Chinese. Just because people are not white does not mean they're untouchable.

by Anonymousreply 46March 23, 2020 12:16 AM

Did some idiot just quote a racist Brit about a group of people being a pox on the world? Really? A BRIT? Is there a fucking country they haven't turned to shit with their pillaging, destruction and disease-spreading Fucking responsible for so many of today's strife with their invasions.

And I'm on this thread being very critical of China, but fuck off with quoting that Nick Farage dick-sucking Nazi sympathizer.

by Anonymousreply 47March 23, 2020 12:16 AM

Excuse me, Nigel* Farage. Wouldn't want to make a mistake with ugly, frog-faced Fascist.

And fuck off pretending Europe wasn't diseased before China. They literally had to be taught hygiene by the east.

by Anonymousreply 48March 23, 2020 12:19 AM

[quote]Did some idiot just quote a racist Brit about a group of people being a pox on the world? Really? A BRIT? Is there a fucking country they haven't turned to shit with their pillaging, destruction and disease-spreading Fucking responsible for so many of today's strife with their invasions.

The Brit countries are doing pretty well. You want to talk to the Spanish about shit countries.

by Anonymousreply 49March 23, 2020 12:21 AM

The death toll is currently 14,641; it is not "tens of thousands" you hysterical nitwits. 1.2 million people die in car accidents every year.

I seriously doubt a patient zero could ever be identified for a disease that is quite mild for tens of thousands of people.

by Anonymousreply 50March 23, 2020 1:33 AM

But OP said “tens and thousands.”

Not tens of thousands.

So, ya know.

by Anonymousreply 51March 23, 2020 1:41 AM

R50 = Neil deGrasse Tyson, taking a quick break from his usual activity of jerking off to the sound of his own voice.

by Anonymousreply 52March 23, 2020 2:23 AM

'The death toll is currently 14,641; it is not "tens of thousands" you hysterical nitwits. 1.2 million people die in car accidents every year. I seriously doubt a patient zero could ever be identified for a disease that is quite mild for tens of thousands of people.'

When Italy closes its restaurants and bars and entire countries are going on lockdown somebody clearly knows something we don't. We are going to be nuked very shortly. Thank god we don't know the exact moment.

by Anonymousreply 53March 23, 2020 2:33 AM

[quote] Fuck off, [R37]. Sub-species? Really? F&F this racist.

Sadly, we cannot F&F Morrissey, who was the one who said this.

Or, if you're suggesting we F&F r37 just for bearing the news, then you're (hysterically) advocating killing the messenger.

by Anonymousreply 54March 23, 2020 3:31 AM

R54, get a brain. Read his signature line. “Morrissey...always ahead of his time”

by Anonymousreply 55March 23, 2020 3:33 AM

To be realistic, if it wasn't him, it would've been someone else.

by Anonymousreply 56March 23, 2020 4:22 AM

Why is it that the same guy who said this

[quote]Sinophobia and rabid cuntiness do no one any good, and end no diseases.

also said this?

[quote]if you're suggesting we F&F r37 just for bearing the news, then you're (hysterically) advocating killing the messenger.

R37 was agreeing with Morrissey, a rabid cunt and racist of the type you JUST SAID was doing no one any good. Are you really unaware of this?

by Anonymousreply 57March 23, 2020 5:07 AM

R53 nuked really? No one of going to use nuclear weapons at this point other than self-defence.

by Anonymousreply 58March 23, 2020 5:21 AM

R57, I also did not see R37's signature, so just assumed he were posting Morrissey's comments. Even after seeing his signature, I still am not 100% certain he's advocating Morrissey's comments.

by Anonymousreply 59March 23, 2020 5:52 AM

Calling the Chinese a subspecies was inappropriate, but Morrissey is right about their horrific treatment of animals. I've seen it myself (I've been to China) and wish I never had. It is savage and inhuman to treat animals the way they do.

by Anonymousreply 60March 23, 2020 5:58 AM

Was he a flight attendant?

by Anonymousreply 61March 23, 2020 6:03 AM

Patient 31 in South Korea: frightening example of how one person can spread the virus.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62March 23, 2020 6:13 AM

R56 EG-FUCKING-XACTLY. That's why the proposal that he should be executed or punished in any way is not only psychotic, it's moronic.

The first person to be infected is as much of a victim of the virus as all the other people who are infected after him.

by Anonymousreply 63March 23, 2020 6:22 AM

So Goop was a victim?

by Anonymousreply 64March 23, 2020 8:22 AM

A professional one, r64.

by Anonymousreply 65March 23, 2020 2:10 PM

Somehow I picture him not giving it much thought.

by Anonymousreply 66March 23, 2020 2:14 PM

[quote] [R12], I'm I'm [R11] and [R2]. If he ate bat soup, I stand by what I wrote @[R2]

Probably with the same connotation as the good, righteous people when they talked about disgusting sodomy and hoped that all gays should die of AIDS. I guess you're too hideous from the inside out to have a mirror in your house.

by Anonymousreply 67March 23, 2020 2:47 PM

As if that were written by a gay person. It smacks of hetero privilege.

by Anonymousreply 68March 23, 2020 3:00 PM

I didn't mean literally 'nuked.' I meant possibly very sudden widespread devastation. When teens are still partying on Florida beaches and 12 year olds are on the verge of death from the virus things do not look promising.

by Anonymousreply 69March 23, 2020 8:00 PM

We should have left Japan to take over China.

by Anonymousreply 70March 23, 2020 8:39 PM

Anyone who says "tens and thousands" deserves to die a Corvid death. Who the hell says that?

by Anonymousreply 71March 23, 2020 9:02 PM

Is that anything like a corvette death?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72March 23, 2020 9:45 PM

[quote]The death toll is currently 14,641; it is not "tens of thousands" you hysterical nitwits

What say you now, R53? Are we still "hysterical nitwits"?

Myopic twat.

by Anonymousreply 73March 29, 2020 6:09 AM

That so-called photo of a Chinese woman eating a bat that's circulating all over the web is actually a few years old and the woman featured is in fact Japanese.

by Anonymousreply 74March 29, 2020 6:19 AM

R74 that doesn't excuse the fact that Chinese people do eat bats however

by Anonymousreply 75March 30, 2020 2:39 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!