Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Singer Kenny Rogers Passes Away At Age 81.

Kenny Rogers had been in ailing health for a number of months and died late Friday night surrounded by his family and hospice workers.

He first started in the music business by being the lead singer for The First Edition, their initial big hit being What Condition My Condition Was In. Then he left the group and morphed into Country Music, had many hits and became world famous. His biggest hit "Lady" was written by Lionel Ritchie with whom he was friends.

Rest In Peace Kenny Rogers.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11March 21, 2020 7:59 PM

He was a true legend with a great career of music.

by Anonymousreply 1March 21, 2020 2:54 PM

Yes, we read that in the other thread hours ago

by Anonymousreply 2March 21, 2020 2:55 PM

Awww. RIP. I really enjoyed his music.

by Anonymousreply 3March 21, 2020 2:57 PM

"Rogers passed away peacefully at home from natural causes under the care of hospice and surrounded by his family." Natural causes could be anything. I'm wondering if it had anything to do woth Covid19 and his family didn't want to sensationailze it.

by Anonymousreply 4March 21, 2020 2:58 PM

An iconic hit, "Ruby, Don't Take Your Love To Town" by Kenny Rodgers and The First Edition.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5March 21, 2020 2:58 PM

RIP. Dolly must be crushed.

by Anonymousreply 6March 21, 2020 2:58 PM

R4 He had been suffering from dehydration for months and was in and out of the hospital.

by Anonymousreply 7March 21, 2020 3:00 PM

He picked a fine time to leave us...

by Anonymousreply 8March 21, 2020 3:00 PM

[quote] Dolly must be crushed.

Remembering Kenny Rogers, her collaborator on the 1983 hit "Islands in the Stream," Dolly Parton wrote on Twitter Saturday morning, "You never know how much you love somebody until they're gone"

by Anonymousreply 9March 21, 2020 3:02 PM

This song always made me sad.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10March 21, 2020 3:05 PM

There was a heartfelt rememberance from Dolly.

by Anonymousreply 11March 21, 2020 7:59 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!