Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Bloomberg Cancels Anti-Trump Super PAC Plans After Wasting $935 Million On His Stupid Campaign

Just fucking great.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 90May 10, 2020 1:29 AM

Please... it was pocket change for him.

by Anonymousreply 1March 20, 2020 11:21 PM

A billion dollars isn’t pocket change to anyone.

by Anonymousreply 2March 20, 2020 11:26 PM

The fact that he ever thought he had a snowball's chance in hell at becoming the nominee and apparently felt so good about his chances he was willing to shell out almost $1 billion shows me the man is either a fool or a massive egomaniac.

by Anonymousreply 3March 20, 2020 11:28 PM

I wish he could spend a billion and give money to those who are now out of work.

by Anonymousreply 4March 20, 2020 11:28 PM

He did benefit the consultants who egged him on. (And laughed at him under their breath.)

by Anonymousreply 5March 20, 2020 11:33 PM

Hopefully some of those people on his campaign can get hired by the Biden campaign. He should have made that a prerequisite to giving the money to the Dems.

by Anonymousreply 6March 20, 2020 11:46 PM

At least he's giving it to the DNC.

by Anonymousreply 7March 20, 2020 11:48 PM

This is all the result of Citizens United. It's so awful.

by Anonymousreply 8March 20, 2020 11:50 PM

R6 why? Well paid shills and fools. I’d rather see Biden hiring people from warren’s and pete’s campaigns.

by Anonymousreply 9March 20, 2020 11:51 PM

Trump can't lose.

by Anonymousreply 10March 20, 2020 11:51 PM

So does this mean the Democrats have just lost their sugar daddy?

by Anonymousreply 11March 20, 2020 11:53 PM

Maybe it's a good thing he's giving the money directly to the DNC because the people working for him oversaw a disaster of a campaign.

by Anonymousreply 12March 20, 2020 11:53 PM

The DNC is a disaster too. Fools.

by Anonymousreply 13March 20, 2020 11:54 PM

Fuck him

by Anonymousreply 14March 20, 2020 11:54 PM

Is he still bank rolling the Democrats?

by Anonymousreply 15March 20, 2020 11:55 PM

He fired all the campaign workers he promised to pay through November too. Liar.

by Anonymousreply 16March 20, 2020 11:56 PM

[QUOTE] Is he still bank rolling the Democrats?

No, R15.

by Anonymousreply 17March 20, 2020 11:57 PM

[quote]Staffers of former presidential candidate Michael Bloomberg are staring down the possibility of losing their jobs and health care in the middle of an unprecedented pandemic.

[quote]When he joined the race last year, the billionaire said he would employ his campaign staff through the November election, even if he weren’t the nominee. But Bloomberg dropped out after a poor showing on Super Tuesday, and he has since fired staffers in multiple waves

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18March 20, 2020 11:58 PM

It was awful to see a gay man win the Iowa caucus for the first time in history and see the media pivot desperately to Bloomberg to avoid giving proper coverage to a gay man for his legendary victory.

When it looked like Biden was collapsing the media clinged to Bloomberg to save themselves from Pete.

by Anonymousreply 19March 21, 2020 12:00 AM

Never trust a corporatist except to line his own pockets.

by Anonymousreply 20March 21, 2020 12:00 AM

Billionaire City slickers, never trust them.

by Anonymousreply 21March 21, 2020 12:01 AM

Well, he became irrelevant very quickly after he dropped out 3 weeks ago. A already forgot about him and his stupid campaign. He probably figured it doesn't really make sense to burn even more money if people don't really think he is relevant or care anymore.

by Anonymousreply 22March 21, 2020 12:01 AM

R19 it was pure homophobia. We lost the best candidate in the race and in my opinion the only one who could not only beat Trump but usher in a new age of politics.

The press is responsible.

by Anonymousreply 23March 21, 2020 12:03 AM

The funny thing is I can’t even remember the content of any of his commercials. They were on constantly. I guess he changed them enough that they’re just not memorable.

by Anonymousreply 24March 21, 2020 12:06 AM

R24 The slogan was “Mike can get it done” or something similar. He carpet-bombed the media here for MONTHS.

by Anonymousreply 25March 21, 2020 12:09 AM

now he’s going to pour money into Africa to help them during Covid19. Not to be a cunt, but Americans can use some help.

by Anonymousreply 26March 21, 2020 12:17 AM

He knows he's about to lose tons of money during the coming months as the world-wide economy tanks.

And he probably has no faith in Biden.

by Anonymousreply 27March 21, 2020 12:17 AM

This morning, Bloomberg announced $18 million going to the DNC. This evening we see he spent $900 million on his own campaign (which lasted for one voting day)

(from Twitter)

by Anonymousreply 28March 21, 2020 12:48 AM

“Bloomberg’s abrupt reversal prompted an outcry from former staff members, who said it was particularly startling for him to shatter their expectations of employment and health benefits in the middle of a major public-health crisis.“

by Anonymousreply 29March 21, 2020 1:11 AM

Once a billionaire piece of shit, always a billionaire piece of shit.

by Anonymousreply 30March 21, 2020 1:43 AM

Well, I am eating crow because I though he was committed to defeating Trump, I see that it was all talking points for his campaign. He's garbage and I fell for it. It will take a very special billionaire in the future to get me to trust that lot again. He was never my first choice, but damn does that suck. $18 million, really? Couldn't even break $100 million?

by Anonymousreply 31March 21, 2020 1:54 AM

Bloomberg: "If you don't play by my rules, I'm going to take my toys and go home."

by Anonymousreply 32March 21, 2020 9:29 AM

I totally believed the little shit too R31.

by Anonymousreply 33March 21, 2020 10:57 AM

All that money spent for 64 delegates! DAMN!

by Anonymousreply 34March 21, 2020 3:43 PM

Where are all of Bloomy's DL defenders now? Your guy was one big fat fraud.

by Anonymousreply 35March 21, 2020 5:17 PM

The DNC is just going to spend it on a bunch of positive ads.

The negative ads are the ones that move numbers and those come from PACS.

by Anonymousreply 36March 21, 2020 6:12 PM

Betty Bloomberg could give most people in NYC $25,000 per household to tide them over. Of course, nothing to the rich.

by Anonymousreply 37March 21, 2020 6:49 PM

He was never against Trump winning, he just wanted to make sure that no progressive gets the nomination. Befitting of an uber rich asshole - God forbid anybody but the rich ends up better off after this election cycle.

by Anonymousreply 38March 21, 2020 7:05 PM

He has billions to protect now that the financial markets are collapsing.

by Anonymousreply 39March 21, 2020 7:27 PM

R34 There's no fool like an old fool.

Stupid and smart, all at the same time.

by Anonymousreply 40March 21, 2020 8:28 PM

R38, Exactly, it was always about stopping Bernie.

by Anonymousreply 41March 22, 2020 12:19 AM

Can't believe he spent almost a billion on his stupid ads, but won't support his staff during this crisis. Bastard.

by Anonymousreply 42March 22, 2020 12:22 AM

I can believe it. It was all about getting Bloomberg into the White House and nothing more. He jived us on with that “I’ll spend the money regardless if I lose” in order to make us think he was a real Democrat. In the end he was a phony who has no real sense of brotherhood with the Democratic Party; he wanted to use it like a condom to achieve his goal of becoming president, just like Bernie Sanders.

by Anonymousreply 43March 22, 2020 1:37 AM

Apparently Bloomberg transferred remaining 18 million from his campaign to DNC; they have no plans to hire all or any of MB's workers so they are SOL.

Given his age, wealth and personalty (native NY'er who lived through all 12 years of MB as mayor), don't think he is too bothered about what people think. It was his money to do with as wished, and if trust was misplaced, oh well....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44March 22, 2020 1:49 AM

He'll probably find a way to structure it as a tax write-off.

by Anonymousreply 45March 22, 2020 2:20 AM

I told you so. We said this from the beginning. Every progressive, loyal primary voter.

by Anonymousreply 46March 22, 2020 8:03 AM

Bloomberg was always a profiteering self-interested piece of shit.

by Anonymousreply 47March 22, 2020 2:47 PM

And that's why I'll always support Warren and her intention to tax assholes like him.

by Anonymousreply 48March 22, 2020 2:50 PM

The mainstream media lost their minds with Bernie derangement syndrome when they were pushing Bloomberg as viable for about a month after Pete and Bernie tried in Iowa.

by Anonymousreply 49March 22, 2020 4:29 PM

The problem is that they lost faith in Joe Biden and assumed that Bernie was in the catbird seat for the nomination. Then Bloomberg started rising in the polls at the perfect time to present himself as the best alternative.

The media forgot that Democratic voters would have a say in the matter.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50March 22, 2020 4:40 PM

Bernie Sanders is working his ass off. Also, Elizabeth Warren. Just let it beBernie Sanders and Elizabeth Warren. Biden is doing nothing right now.

Can we have the best of the best to rebuild this county? We need to build up are scientific and medical infrastructure again.

We need Medicare for ALL. No, that CEO, their personal assistants and that receptionist cunt that denies your medical treatment or hospital admission is non essential staff. You get sick and may die. Also, they make a doctors lives miserable.

by Anonymousreply 51March 22, 2020 11:36 PM

Final total is actually like $1.1 billion. The biggest waste of money in political history. Imagine if he were spending that cash now on pro-Biden and anti-Trump ads instead.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52April 21, 2020 1:22 PM

He is just one more bit of proof that many men who become fabulously rich in business have very little common sense. Otherwise he would have never even dreamed he had a chance in hell at winning the nomination.

by Anonymousreply 53April 21, 2020 1:28 PM

No money is 'wasted'. He bought meals, stayed at hotels, purchased services, flew, employed staff... money went into the economy. He's almost 80: how many billions does he need?

But I think he was foolhardy to think his past was going to pass the vetting process. Washington isn't Manhattan, as the dotard in the White House has discovered.

by Anonymousreply 54April 21, 2020 1:36 PM

[QUOTE] No money is 'wasted'. He bought meals, stayed at hotels, purchased services, flew, employed staff... money went into the economy. He's almost 80: how many billions does he need?

Please. 80% of it was TV ads.

Yes, this money was wasted. You and him have got to be the only two people on earth who don’t think so.

by Anonymousreply 55April 21, 2020 1:41 PM

November is a long way off. The world is in turmoil with this pandemic.

Trump doesn’t need ANY encouragement turning anything and everything political.

I’d wager Bloomberg and his money and his attack ads will be back closer to the election, when the panic over the Coronavirus and its impact on the economy subsides a bit.

by Anonymousreply 56April 21, 2020 1:48 PM

he's a nasty fucking cunt

by Anonymousreply 57April 21, 2020 1:51 PM

Bloomberg got into the democratic primary not to defeat trump. Trump is republican. He did it to stop Bernie Sanders and Elizabeth Warren both going to the democratic convention. Bloomberg is close friends with the Trumps, actually.

Bernie Sanders and Elizabeth Warren could beat trump. You do not spend a billion dollars to defeat a loser in the primary.

by Anonymousreply 58April 21, 2020 5:10 PM

[quote] Final total is actually like $1.1 billion. The biggest waste of money in political history.

He should have hired those Russians that interfered in the 2016 election.

Their $200,000 Facebook ads are the reason Hillary lost.

by Anonymousreply 59April 21, 2020 5:14 PM

Wrong, R58. If that was Bloomberg’s only interest, he could’ve spent $500 million to support one of the moderate Dem candidates in the primary and saved half a billion dollars.

Bloomberg saw an opening and thought this was his opportunity to put himself in the White House. That’s why he did it. He had advisers in his ear sketching an awfully sketchy a path to the nomination and he bought it hook, line and sinker for $1.1 billion.

If anything his presence almost HELPED Bernie win the nomination since he further split the moderate Dem vote at a time when the left had coalesced around Bernie.

by Anonymousreply 60April 21, 2020 5:20 PM

The paid shills on DL at least got a little pocket money from the situation. They will have to go work for David Brock now to spin any of Biden senior moments.

by Anonymousreply 61April 21, 2020 5:31 PM

Another delusional New Yorker.

by Anonymousreply 62April 21, 2020 7:18 PM

Mike Bloomberg presumed he could repeat his thrice tried strategy for being NYC mayor; throw huge sums of money around to beat down the competition. Then he would win by default. Sadly for him federal stage is much larger than NYC, so it didn't work.

Old geezer should have known better, but it is his money and this is a free country......

by Anonymousreply 63April 21, 2020 11:04 PM

Don't feel sorry for Mike Bloomberg, he has a new gig courtesy of Andrew Cuomo

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64April 23, 2020 12:32 AM

He is just going to target African American kids. He has no business doing this.

by Anonymousreply 65April 23, 2020 1:19 AM

Mr. Bloomberg is doing well and sends his warmest wishes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66May 7, 2020 7:05 AM

R66 Must be nice to be able to just buy something like that, just like that.

Money...we all want it.

by Anonymousreply 67May 7, 2020 7:37 AM

He promised all the money before the economy crashed. He's probably lost a great deal of money since then so I can't really blame him. I think if things pick up, he'll come through with more.

by Anonymousreply 68May 7, 2020 9:13 AM

Yes money’s really tightened up for Bloomy, R68. That’s why he just dropped $44 million on that mansion in R66. In fact where is the evidence that rich people are hurting at all?

by Anonymousreply 69May 7, 2020 10:41 AM

MB didn't purchase this property, a LLC did which of course he is behind.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70May 7, 2020 10:51 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 71May 7, 2020 10:53 AM

Why do rich people purchase real estate through LLCs? What is that about?

by Anonymousreply 72May 7, 2020 2:24 PM

He welshed.

Fuck him.

by Anonymousreply 73May 7, 2020 2:53 PM

R72, they value their privacy, they don't want their addresses to be public and on the internet...stalkers, robbers, kidnappers etc...

by Anonymousreply 74May 7, 2020 2:59 PM

That’s probably the absolute last reason, R74. There has to be far more to it than that, and it involves money and liability issues. That’s all these motherfuckers care about: getting more money and protecting themselves from losing the money they already have.

by Anonymousreply 75May 7, 2020 3:33 PM

Mike bailed on the DNC. He bailed on NYC. He is a traitorous cunt you see.

Who did not see this coming? He just got into the race to destroy Bernie Sanders and Elizabeth Warren. He is good friends with the Trumps.

by Anonymousreply 76May 9, 2020 8:58 PM

What is Bloomberg's entire net worth?

by Anonymousreply 77May 9, 2020 10:09 PM

Like right under $60 billion dollars or something like that.

by Anonymousreply 78May 9, 2020 10:11 PM

He's not good friends with Trump, but with the exception of environmental issues, he basically sides with him on the majority of issues.

by Anonymousreply 79May 9, 2020 10:16 PM

He's worth $60 billion and won't pay his campaign staff through November? Nice!

by Anonymousreply 80May 9, 2020 10:19 PM

he is a worthless piece of shit

by Anonymousreply 81May 9, 2020 10:20 PM

Bloomberg told staffers they'd have a job until November. The day after he "suspended" the campaign, they were fired.

by Anonymousreply 82May 9, 2020 10:20 PM

Be warned, Bloomberg is coming for your slurpees and weed.

by Anonymousreply 83May 9, 2020 11:18 PM

trumps with bloombergs

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 84May 9, 2020 11:22 PM

He was always irrelevant.

by Anonymousreply 85May 9, 2020 11:31 PM

Besides nearly 1 billion dollars wasted on almost nothing, his failed campaign also brought down his personal image, no I am not talking about the confidential agreements he asked those women to sign, I am talking about what we saw on TV, for many people, they heard his name and knew his face, but what they saw on TV was an old man with a short statue and a tiny voice, a rich guy but no presence, what a letdown!

by Anonymousreply 86May 10, 2020 12:01 AM

He’s an egotistical asshole with no self-awareness.

by Anonymousreply 87May 10, 2020 12:16 AM

[quote] Maybe it's a good thing he's giving the money directly to the DNC

He’s giving about 1/100th if what he promised to spend to the DNC

by Anonymousreply 88May 10, 2020 12:19 AM

Yeah, fuck the DNC. A Super PAC flush with cash running nonstop pro-Biden ads across the country would do more than the DNC ever could. Joe needs positive visibility right now.

by Anonymousreply 89May 10, 2020 1:26 AM

Shameful!

by Anonymousreply 90May 10, 2020 1:29 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!