Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Anyone else financially broke from Coronavirus?

Just curious if anyone else is negatively financially affected by the virus and NYC shutting down. I do freelance modeling and am going to be hurt financially for a while, just seeing if I was alone or not.

by Anonymousreply 72March 24, 2020 4:31 AM

Broken Hearted 💔

by Anonymousreply 1March 18, 2020 6:27 PM

Poor people problems.

by Anonymousreply 2March 18, 2020 6:32 PM

Thanks but we're fine.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3March 18, 2020 6:32 PM

Us too

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4March 18, 2020 6:33 PM

T & P

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5March 18, 2020 6:34 PM

OP please do everything you can to keep positive cash flow. I don't think business and government are finally going to offer protections and support.

I lost retirement investments but will gain currency exchange, perhaps to the level of jackpot, on Swiss assets. Swiss franc is traditionally a currency of refuge in crisis times.

by Anonymousreply 6March 18, 2020 6:37 PM

Maybe you weren't modeling for the right employer.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7March 18, 2020 6:39 PM

Maybe your contribution is completely irrelevant, GAPCUNTLISTTROLL.

by Anonymousreply 8March 18, 2020 6:41 PM

How reductive.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9March 18, 2020 6:45 PM

Any of you in need of a male model?

by Anonymousreply 10March 18, 2020 6:48 PM

Gap is paying all its workers their scheduled salary for the next two weeks while the stores are temporarily closed.

Poor models like OP, though, won't be paid.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11March 18, 2020 6:53 PM

PIling on the incentive comments, twat. And GAP will be shut down for 2 months, surely. So I hope that company, on its last pathetic legs, has the liquidity and will put its money where its mouth is.

by Anonymousreply 12March 18, 2020 6:56 PM

Not initially, but additionally.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13March 18, 2020 6:56 PM

Piling on the insensitive....

by Anonymousreply 14March 18, 2020 6:56 PM

OP, I think it’s time to allow other gentlemen to have their way with you.

Open up that beautiful pristine boyhole for business.

by Anonymousreply 15March 18, 2020 7:08 PM

R15 HAHA Are you interested? Kik? HAHA

by Anonymousreply 16March 18, 2020 7:10 PM

OP types very smart.🙄

by Anonymousreply 17March 18, 2020 7:17 PM

The lying OP is also the author of the Sinful Sexuality thread, where he has a different job:

[quote]I work in investments and am super stressed with the volatility of the market and my job right now, too. I guess I have thought about all the stress in my life and am just rambling and anonymously sharing my frustrations with both my work and personal life.

by Anonymousreply 18March 18, 2020 8:33 PM

I know one person let go from their retail job and another who lost $10,000 in cancellations from his photography business. Events and sittings cancelled.

by Anonymousreply 19March 18, 2020 9:14 PM

r18 -- how do you know he's the author of another thread? Is there a way to find that out on DL?

by Anonymousreply 20March 18, 2020 9:17 PM

R20, put the poster on ignore then check ignored link up top and their recent posts will be revealed.

by Anonymousreply 21March 18, 2020 9:46 PM

Also, you can un-ignore people by clicking the X at the top of their ignored posts.

by Anonymousreply 22March 18, 2020 9:47 PM

I empathize with the severe situation people find themselves in now. Especially young people who haven’t experienced or prepared for something like this. But we do learn that the getting and spending and looking good on IG is not important. And that we don’t know what tomorrow brings and often have little control over circumstances. We can only keep fighting though another day.

by Anonymousreply 23March 18, 2020 9:51 PM

You're still pretty, OP. You can't imagine what DLers would give up to be in physical perfection.

by Anonymousreply 24March 18, 2020 9:53 PM

Yes. I am freelance and had a job stop last minute.. Now I am facing 3 month with nothing, maybe more. I am scared.

by Anonymousreply 25March 18, 2020 9:56 PM

If people stop hoarding the will be financially broke. Paying everything with a CC won't help.

by Anonymousreply 26March 18, 2020 9:56 PM

If people would stop hoarding they will not be financially broke. Paying everything with a CC won't help.

by Anonymousreply 27March 18, 2020 9:57 PM

No, OP. You're the only person in the whole entire city who will be financially affected by the CV shutdowns. Too bad it never occurred to you to acquire some actual job skills.

by Anonymousreply 28March 18, 2020 9:59 PM

R28 do you want to help me gain job skills?

by Anonymousreply 29March 18, 2020 10:03 PM

Dude, I couldn't care less whether you live or die; why would I want to help you with anything?

by Anonymousreply 30March 18, 2020 10:06 PM

R30 because you are a good person and we can develop our friendship

by Anonymousreply 31March 18, 2020 10:07 PM

Wrong on both counts, troll. Maybe your church in Texas will help you out.

by Anonymousreply 32March 18, 2020 10:11 PM

Thankfully my job is secure and I’m working from home. I can only imagine how hard this will be on so many people.

Oh well, I hope my mortgage interest rates go down

by Anonymousreply 33March 18, 2020 10:25 PM

Collinboy, baby, no one gives out cash just because...DL daddies are too familiar with the sex trade to be fooled so easily. A smart whore presents hole and pole to entice potential costumers...err friends as you called them.

KiK ?? The app is a notorious cesspool of depravity. A whore with class would never advertise in such a place. DLers have standards and you must meet them if you want our $$$$.

by Anonymousreply 34March 19, 2020 5:12 AM

I'll be fine for a few months but if it goes on long enough...I'm boned People really need to save. I know not everyone can, but some people just choose not to.

by Anonymousreply 35March 19, 2020 5:14 AM

I work for a contractor...what do you think? No more bank loans?

by Anonymousreply 36March 19, 2020 5:25 AM

R35 I feel for those that can't save because they live paycheck to paycheck or because a life situation prevents them from saving (someone with down syndrome etc) .

Those that are irresponsible with their money and purposely live above their means is another story though...

by Anonymousreply 37March 19, 2020 5:25 AM

I have equal amounts in stocks and a cash account (401 K from a past job that I hadn't yet invested). Assuming the banks don't collapse or currency becomes worthless paper, I should be able to squeak through for about a year. My income from work may or may not have gone up in smoke (real estate, marketing, screenwriter).

I'm not a finance whiz. I'll have to wait and see.

by Anonymousreply 38March 19, 2020 5:27 AM

I am worried about peoples retirement funds...very worried.

by Anonymousreply 39March 19, 2020 5:28 AM

Trump is such a fool...calling it China Flu. Trump is a sick bastard and should be dead.

by Anonymousreply 40March 19, 2020 5:30 AM

Our consignment shop will not be able to survive this. We sell furniture, antiques, smalls. Nice stuff. It was fun while it lasted.

by Anonymousreply 41March 19, 2020 5:32 AM

Personally no, am not financially affected; but know of several friends who are, and that number is likely to grow.

Gay men have always been highly represented in various forms of self-employment going back decades. Everything from hairdressers, interior designers/decorators, models, to various small business owners and today various forms of gig economy. So it isn't surprising just as with their straight counterparts gays are going to feel financial pain from this crisis.

Close friend who has a dog walking business here in NYC has seen his client base virtually vanish. People either have left the city (and took the pooch with them), or since are furloughed home can walk Fido themselves and or otherwise don't need him. Another is a hairdresser who basically had to shut down because of no customers.

Best you can do OP in this situation is conserve cash, and look for ways to keep wolf from your door. If it is a choice between say paying a CC bill and your rent, I'd save money for the latter. Though not in any need yet AMEX and every other of my CC have sent emails or texts saying they are "willing to help" in this "extraordinary" time.

You should plan for fact like the aftermath of 9/11/01 things may not get back to normal in city for some time. One federal aid package was just signed into law by DT, and others will surely follow. Keep abreast of things and file for any and all benefits remotely entitled.

by Anonymousreply 42March 19, 2020 5:51 AM

This crisis will hopefully be a wake-up call to those who live life on the edge and convince them to switch to regular jobs that offer more security and stability.

by Anonymousreply 43March 19, 2020 6:08 AM

Join chaturbate and open a fanpage, you may find a new career!🙂

by Anonymousreply 44March 19, 2020 6:14 AM

R43 How elitist of you. You know some people would love a regular job but are unable to get one in our current service economy.

by Anonymousreply 45March 19, 2020 6:27 AM

R43

There are plenty of people gay, straight or whatever who aren't living "life on the edge" so to speak, and do happen to have regular jobs. It is just that employment often doesn't pay a living wage in relation to cost of living in some areas.

Close friend and his husband are both professional nurses here in NYC pulling down high five figure salaries. You would think that would be enough to live a very comfortable lifestyle and squirrel away plenty of savings/investments. But it isn't thanks to insane COL for New York including high taxes.

People do what they can with hand they are dealt. As it relates to this forum there is still a huge amount of LGT discrimination all over USA, this even in areas with strong local anti-discrimination laws. Many of the gays and trans one knows who are self employed, gig workers, etc... went out on their own because they got fed up with discrimination both upfront and subtle. If you are AA, Latino-Hispanic or other minority LGT then all bets are off; your sexuality can be just another millstone around neck.

Don't get me started about elder gays (guys 40 or 50 years and older) who were downsized, laid off, or whatever from pretty good jobs and cannot find anything else. People here joke about "shop bottoms", but what to you think happens to a 50 year old gay guy who has spent entire career in retail when a Barney's or whatever closes or otherwise is made redundant?

Met someone at a party who was once supervisor of secretaries at a big law firm. Place got rid of most of the legal secretaries so they didn't need a supervisor any longer, so he got the boot. Worse that sort of thing is happening all over, so an older gay man or any other legal secretary is having a difficult time finding work nowadays. Well not at least usually anywhere near former pay scale.

by Anonymousreply 46March 19, 2020 6:28 AM

[quote]It is just that employment often doesn't pay a living wage in relation to cost of living in some areas.

That's why a reasonable person would not live in an area where the cost of living made their pay not a living wage.

by Anonymousreply 47March 19, 2020 6:40 AM

So if you were born and raised in say SF, LA, NYC, Boston, etc.. you're supposed to pack up and move away from home and all you know?

by Anonymousreply 48March 19, 2020 6:43 AM

I think just like if you were born in Hollerville, WV, the reality is you do need to pack up and move to make a living and afford life. Modern realities.

by Anonymousreply 49March 19, 2020 2:32 PM

Everything will be back to normal soon. This country doesn’t let anything stop its bloodthirsty greed and consumption.

by Anonymousreply 50March 19, 2020 2:49 PM

Nice catch r18.

I remember saying back in Collin's first thread that this is just a troll. Good ole "Collin" claimed he wanted to make friends but disappeared as soon as some poster here suggested they want meet up.

by Anonymousreply 51March 20, 2020 12:23 AM

R46 You'll be dead in 2 weeks. Problem solved.

by Anonymousreply 52March 20, 2020 3:13 PM

Collinboy/OP, you've said elsewhere you work in investments. Keep your stories straight.

by Anonymousreply 53March 20, 2020 3:40 PM

The invitation to Kim is also something else he has offered before in other threads.

Bitch is a low rent whore. Get her !

by Anonymousreply 54March 20, 2020 4:50 PM

I'm so glad I triggered the troll "Collinboy" to pop back up after I posted a reply in his other thread. I'm also glad that R18 was finally able to expose, definitively, that he is a troll and not just a guy "looking for a sugar daddy." I noticed Collin stopped commenting here after that reply, lol. Regardless, a DL mystery has been solved. The only remaining mystery left is who is actually the man in the photos he keeps sharing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55March 23, 2020 1:24 AM

Yes, OP. I was in between gigs when this hit so I don't know where my income is going to come from.

by Anonymousreply 56March 23, 2020 1:28 AM

r55

So the world is in economic chaos and NYC is under a medical nightmare with the rest of the country and world soon to follow and YOU'RE GLAD that you exposed a troll on a gay gossip site???

Good use of your time

by Anonymousreply 57March 23, 2020 1:35 AM

R57 Oh, get over yourself. Mary! Life can't be all doom and gloom 24/7. Sometimes, you have to distract yourself with silly things like this, lest you go absolutely insane.

by Anonymousreply 58March 23, 2020 1:40 AM

Hugs-n-kisses, everyone.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59March 23, 2020 1:45 AM

r57= the troll behind "Collin"

by Anonymousreply 60March 23, 2020 1:46 AM

What does all this mean?

by Anonymousreply 61March 23, 2020 1:54 AM

I am worried about my investments which is my retirement. It is down $250,000. I am 66 but still working and probably still will be working.

by Anonymousreply 62March 23, 2020 1:57 AM

R61 It means we can just laugh about this as openly gay men in America, unlike where you're from, Darfur Orphan, where'd we face life imprisonment for being who were are.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63March 23, 2020 1:58 AM

I just bought 20 cartons of cigarettes today. In a week I can sell them for at least $20 a pack. Hitting the liquor store tomorrow.

by Anonymousreply 64March 23, 2020 2:25 AM

R42, I’m curious that AMEX sent you a message about its willingness to help. AMEX just sent me a message yesterday saying they’ve reduced my credit limit! If that’s their idea of helping, they need a new dictionary. I’ll deal with it, but it really pisses me off. I’ve never paid late. I’ve never missed a payment.

by Anonymousreply 65March 23, 2020 2:35 AM

R64 I hope you have face masks ready and this must have - hand sanitizer to disinfect the cash from strangers, and a lot pray!

by Anonymousreply 66March 23, 2020 2:38 AM

R65

Are we talking about your AMEX charge card or credit?

If your account was near annual fee time, it isn't uncommon for AMEX to do a hard credit pull and or otherwise evaluate all accounts. If they find something not to their liking yes, your spending and or credit limits will be reduced.

AMEX is offering assistance to qualified account holders having hardship due to Covid-19 mess, but you have to ask and it isn't a slam dunk.

Personally am not using my Gold Card until things settle down. Have several credit cards with low APR and cash back rewards. Thus if need to carry a balance to conserve cash can do so.

By the way email sent by AMEX is of the general nature virtually all my credit/charge accounts, banks, utility companies (including Verizon) have sent over past week or so. None give exact specifics as to what sort of assistance is being offered, but merely invite one to reach out if having any sort of issues.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 67March 23, 2020 4:30 AM

Heard from several friends who are hairdressers, barbers, etc... here in city, and nearly all are going mobile. That is will go to a client's home since state has shut down all beauty salons, barber shops, nail places, etc...

All said they don't have a choice, they cannot go one, two or or more weeks without earning money, and for most things were tight even before this madness started. Only one from that circle of friends not affected is married to some rich old guy; he the husband and dogs have decamped to "the Hamptons" until things blow over. Yes, we all hate her! *LOL*

by Anonymousreply 68March 23, 2020 4:33 AM

My pension through my union and the investments I have are probably never going to reach what they were before I need that money in retirement.

I'm staring at 60 it's a fucked up time to have this happen.

by Anonymousreply 69March 23, 2020 4:38 AM

There is nothing written on her legal pad. It’s blank.

Georgia is doomed.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70March 23, 2020 4:38 AM

Collinboy is still hot af

by Anonymousreply 71March 23, 2020 6:37 PM

R71 The person in the photos the troll Collinboy uses [italic] is [/italic] hot, but it's not him. We're still trying to figure out who the guy really is. I'm confident that, like with the identity of the MAGA Trump tard that is the Wrigleyville Cumdump, we'll identify the actual guy eventually.

by Anonymousreply 72March 24, 2020 4:31 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!