Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Could Trumps head of the Coronavirus task force Dr Deborah Birx become a cult figure in this sorry drama?

I was wondering who this woman was as she started to appear alongside Trump at his press conferences and media statements on coronavirus. She seems very reassuring ,intelligent and calm.An excellent medical history on the fight against aids and I LOVE her fashion especially her array of colourful scarves!👌🥰 She is going to be an important public face in the USA battle against coronavirus and by implication prominent outside of the USA. My impression of her is based on limited short time to gain an impression but I like her.Definitely better than just older men in suits being the faces of the crisis politically.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47October 30, 2020 6:50 AM

This should go well.

by Anonymousreply 1March 18, 2020 7:36 AM

Why r1?🤔

by Anonymousreply 2March 18, 2020 8:10 AM

A Trumptard is a Trumptard is a Trumptard.

by Anonymousreply 3March 18, 2020 8:16 AM

Her hair is not normal. She works for Trump...she has no standards.

by Anonymousreply 4March 18, 2020 8:19 AM

Dr. Birx is hardly a "Trumptard". She's been around for many years. He needs to thank his lucky stars she's willing to help. We all do.

by Anonymousreply 5March 18, 2020 8:21 AM

I am bothered by her eagerness to nod constantly as Trump speaks.

by Anonymousreply 6March 18, 2020 8:25 AM

r3 I don't think she is a trumptard as she was appointed by Obama in her previous job.

by Anonymousreply 7March 18, 2020 10:26 AM

Obama wasn't a vengeful cunt like trump, who won't have anyone around him that doesn't bow down to him. I am shocked he didn't get rid of Fauci.

I don't give a shit what this lady did, she got up on world wide tv and LIED. She fucking lied her ass off, she downplayed this and has risked people's lives. She was talking about some Google website that was going to be built and rolled out very soon. The truth is this website doesn't exist and is not being built by 1700 engineers for the U.S government for all Americans to be able to use. They will not be able to enter all their symptoms and be told where to go for testing if they need testing. It was all a fucking lie

Google is building one. But it's for San Francisco. This whole lie was news to Google. They learned about this tall tale lie regarding a national website that trump and this cunt spun during the news conference

by Anonymousreply 8March 18, 2020 10:40 AM

She seems like a flake to me. One like her in every government agency, if not hundreds. Whimsical, airy, almost cartoonish in meetings.

by Anonymousreply 9March 18, 2020 11:14 AM

Have known her on and off for years. She's a political survivor--was a political appointee under Obama and Trump. She will work to get the approval of authority figures----gave the appearance of closeness with Hilary but pivoted to save her position in Trumpland. Comes from a very conservative religious background. Has a bad habit of saying stuff off the cuff that is later regrettable. IQ smarts but can be a little impulsive. Micromanger whose staff turns over regularly, quick to acquire people (esp. the untalented) but often to push them over. She worked for Fauci years ago and remains loyal. Also worked for Robert Redfield---completed his doomed gp160 trial after he was cleared of misconduct but basically demoted and pushed out. Scarves are stylish but basically exist to cover her rapidly aging neck. Unclear where she fits in the pecking order but probably uses sharp elbows behind the scenes.

by Anonymousreply 10March 18, 2020 2:40 PM

r8 Perhaps Trump misled her and lied to her and she said what she did in goodr faith??

by Anonymousreply 11March 18, 2020 3:57 PM

I think her hair is simply marvelous.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12March 18, 2020 4:02 PM

Why do they all stand so close together?

by Anonymousreply 13March 18, 2020 4:03 PM

Diane Keaton will play her in the movie.

by Anonymousreply 14March 18, 2020 4:08 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15March 18, 2020 4:12 PM

She looks and acts exactly like the chief deplorable in my Florida retirement community so therefore and thusly, I can not stand to look at or hear her.

by Anonymousreply 16March 18, 2020 4:18 PM

That scarf constitutes a third layer of clothing. She’s the only menopausal woman I’ve ever seen who can tolerate 3 layers of clothing , let alone one of them being a turtleneck, and then there’s a scarf OVER the turtleneck.

by Anonymousreply 17March 18, 2020 4:19 PM

Dr. Birx is in her early sixties, well past menopause.

(Also, because of multiple food allergies, Debbie rarely eats. Not having any food in one’s body can make a person chilly.)

by Anonymousreply 18March 18, 2020 4:23 PM

R17 She’s dressing for Miami. She’s the lost Golden Girl!

by Anonymousreply 19March 18, 2020 4:25 PM

In two of the three times I've heard her speak at these daily news conferences, she does a shout-out to the AIDS community, either using them as an example of containment of a virus or warning them to take precautions with this current infection because of immune system weakness.

by Anonymousreply 20March 18, 2020 4:41 PM

She around to take the blame for this fiasco in the event Trump can't blame it on Pence.

by Anonymousreply 21March 18, 2020 4:44 PM

But would Dumpy grab her pussy?

by Anonymousreply 22March 18, 2020 4:46 PM

I like her. She and Dr. Fauci makes me feel better about this mess.

by Anonymousreply 23March 18, 2020 4:54 PM

[quote] Dr. Birx is in her early sixties, well past menopause.

There is no such thing as being “past” menopause. Women don’t get their estrogen & progesterone levels back or restart their periods. Once they hit menopause, they’re in menopause until they die. It’s not a temporary state of being. It’s final.

by Anonymousreply 24March 18, 2020 5:19 PM

She’s incredible and she should be running for president instead of that clown. Plus I think she’s not crazy about Orange fuhrer.

by Anonymousreply 25March 18, 2020 5:53 PM

I zone-out when she talks. She's not the visceral and passionate person we need right now. Low-energy and removed.

by Anonymousreply 26March 18, 2020 6:10 PM

She does not give off an honest vibe, there is a strong, two faced energy going on there

by Anonymousreply 27March 18, 2020 7:08 PM

R24. Fine, we’ll split hairs. It’s perimenopausal women who are hot, not menopausal. Menopause is defined as after the menses have stopped for a year.

Women don’t get hot flashes for the rest of their lives.

by Anonymousreply 28March 18, 2020 8:53 PM

Letting it slip...in a split moment.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29March 18, 2020 8:57 PM

R20 Of course, she has spent most of life studying HIV/AIDS and trying to combat it, find a vaccine, and a cure.

by Anonymousreply 30March 18, 2020 10:18 PM

There is not a single person up there at that podium behind Traitor Tot who does not loathe him.

Trust me on this one.

by Anonymousreply 31March 18, 2020 10:23 PM

She, Dr. Fauci, and the other people who set aside politics to help us in this crisis are true Patriots.

by Anonymousreply 32March 18, 2020 10:31 PM

r31 Including Pence?

by Anonymousreply 33March 18, 2020 10:36 PM

I commend her attempt to look like Millicent Martin

by Anonymousreply 34March 18, 2020 10:49 PM

I don't think she's as weird about food as she used to be. But it's funny that two of her know her or at least about her enough to know that.

by Anonymousreply 35March 18, 2020 11:59 PM

How are dataloungers in the US feeling about Deborah Birx now?

by Anonymousreply 36May 24, 2020 3:22 PM

She sees this as a great opportunity, but in the end she'll probably write a book about her time in the White House and then fade into obscurity.

by Anonymousreply 37May 24, 2020 3:34 PM

Next slide, please.

by Anonymousreply 38May 24, 2020 3:35 PM

She sucks up to Trump by saying how well he's handling all this. She's a fucking cunt.

by Anonymousreply 39May 24, 2020 3:39 PM

Two days after Trump suggested that disinfectants could be injected into COVID patients, she appeared on CNN and shut down Jake Trapper for asking about it.

Republican bitch.

by Anonymousreply 40May 24, 2020 3:54 PM

If she would start employing those scarves to gag Trump during briefings, she’d be my hero.

by Anonymousreply 41May 24, 2020 3:56 PM

Yes, R40. Lost all respect for her after that. I suppose it's good to have an adult at the table during this mess, but she's far too compromised by her loyalty to Dumpie and party to be truly effective in her role.

by Anonymousreply 42May 24, 2020 4:07 PM

When was her last public appearance or media interview etc?? She seems to have vanished and Fauci seems the only one willing to put his head above the parapet.

by Anonymousreply 43October 30, 2020 3:58 AM

[quote]She seems to have vanished

Just like the Covid did. When the warm weather came in Spring.

Our wise leader... he knows all.

by Anonymousreply 44October 30, 2020 4:40 AM

She's evidently traveling a lot, visiting public health officials in various states. (I only know this because I read she was in North Dakota recently and freaked out about the complete lack of concern among the public there.)

by Anonymousreply 45October 30, 2020 4:59 AM

Crazy bitch traitor.

by Anonymousreply 46October 30, 2020 5:00 AM

Thank you for the details r45

Shes certainly not as outspoken as Fauci that's for sure.

by Anonymousreply 47October 30, 2020 6:50 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!