Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Biden said he for sure will have a female Vice President

Hillary Clinton? Who else would it be?

by Anonymousreply 372May 17, 2020 3:02 PM

He needs to pick someone more progressive for the VP in order to solidify the vote. So - no Hillary.

by Anonymousreply 1March 16, 2020 1:51 AM

Elizabeth Warren

by Anonymousreply 2March 16, 2020 1:51 AM

My money's on Amy "Hotdish" Klobuchar to sew up the upper Midwestern vote that the Dems lost last time.

by Anonymousreply 3March 16, 2020 1:52 AM

He said this back last years first.

by Anonymousreply 4March 16, 2020 1:53 AM

It will be Kamala Harris. Biden owes his success to the black vote. There's no way he's not picking a black woman.

by Anonymousreply 5March 16, 2020 1:53 AM

Oh come on, OP. You're not even trying. Kamala Harris is very likely, but there's also Amy Klobuchar and possibly even Liz Warren. He won't be going to Hillary, who wouldn't accept if he did.

by Anonymousreply 6March 16, 2020 1:57 AM

Every black person I know dislikes Kamala Harris because of her record and because she is the child of a Jamaican immigrant professor (and an Indian immigrant cancer researcher) rather than African American and they feel she passes herself off as someone she’s not.

by Anonymousreply 7March 16, 2020 2:07 AM

Stacey

by Anonymousreply 8March 16, 2020 2:14 AM

[quote] There's no way he's not picking a black woman.

In this same debate, he committed to appointing a black woman to the Supreme Court. Everyone heard it and will hold him to it, and such an appointment will be historic.

Maybe that Supreme Court commitment gives him some flexibility in the race of the woman he'll select as Vice President, especially if she is unbelievably qualified and speaks with no flowery artifice.

by Anonymousreply 9March 16, 2020 2:18 AM

Val Demings

by Anonymousreply 10March 16, 2020 2:18 AM

Warren. Polls will show it’s the ticket that can beat Trump.

by Anonymousreply 11March 16, 2020 2:26 AM

Chelsea Manning

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12March 16, 2020 2:26 AM

He'll want someone without a lot of baggage. When you're on the campaign trail, you get a lot of ick attached to you.

I think it will be a white woman from out of nowhere. Very charismatic, youngish, accomplished, squeaky clean.

by Anonymousreply 13March 16, 2020 2:27 AM

R5 Kamala doesn’t have black support. That’s why she had to dump out of the primaries.

by Anonymousreply 14March 16, 2020 2:28 AM

Biden/ Gov. Gretchen Whitmer, Michigan.

by Anonymousreply 15March 16, 2020 2:28 AM

Obviously it won't be Hillary. But R1, that narrative that Hillary isn't progressive is a false one. Her liberal score was tied with Warren's.

by Anonymousreply 16March 16, 2020 2:29 AM

Biden doesn’t need a black VP. He already has the black vote. And Obama will campaign for him. If the two of them can’t get the black vote wrapped up nobody can.

by Anonymousreply 17March 16, 2020 2:35 AM

Biden can’t forget about the white suburban female vote. Gretchen Whitmer can get that vote. She’s a midwesterner and nonthreatening.

by Anonymousreply 18March 16, 2020 2:36 AM

I, Jada Pinkett-Smith, will proudly accept the nomination...or else

by Anonymousreply 19March 16, 2020 2:40 AM

I agree with r5. Its going to be a black or latina woman.

by Anonymousreply 20March 16, 2020 2:45 AM

Does Andrew Gillum now qualify?

by Anonymousreply 21March 16, 2020 2:45 AM

I'm making Andy my Opioid Czar.

by Anonymousreply 22March 16, 2020 3:00 AM

[quote] Biden doesn’t need a black VP.

Are you fucking kidding me? The Black Vote resurrected Joe Biden from the dead. Ignoring them is like Selena Gomez ignoring the friend who gave her a kidney.

by Anonymousreply 23March 16, 2020 3:03 AM

Obvious slam at Buttigieg

by Anonymousreply 24March 16, 2020 3:08 AM

R23 Biden won’t be ignoring blacks he served under a black president. Biden Obama will get the black vote. But we need to get other demos as well.

Biden said he would put a black female on the Supreme Court.

by Anonymousreply 25March 16, 2020 3:09 AM

Kamala Harris, but only if she had a corruption scandal big enough to have Trumpkins spending $50 million on an ad campaign against her. The old Biden probably would have gone for Sarah Palin if she switched parties.

by Anonymousreply 26March 16, 2020 3:16 AM

R25, I’m black and I’ve said from the beginning that Biden would overwhelmingly get the black vote. And I agree with you. I don’t think he must have a black VP to get our vote. I think he’s saying he’ll nominate a black female to the Supreme Court show his dedication there.

by Anonymousreply 27March 16, 2020 3:27 AM

I’m ready and waitin on yo call Mister Briden!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28March 16, 2020 3:41 AM

Please do not choose that Amy lady.

by Anonymousreply 29March 16, 2020 3:53 AM

Kamala is polarizing, hot-tempered and seems difficult and offputting. No, please.

by Anonymousreply 30March 16, 2020 3:55 AM

Barbra Joan Streisand

by Anonymousreply 31March 16, 2020 3:57 AM

I'm available, but remember: IT'S MA'AM.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32March 16, 2020 4:10 AM

Are there any viable Latina veep picks? Biden's already doing very well with black voters (at least, older black voters,) do we really think they're going to abandon him and run to Trump in the general? But, Sanders did MUCH better with Latino voters in the primary thus far. A Latina running mate would be such an interesting dynamic against this misogynistic, racist, xenophobic admin.

by Anonymousreply 33March 16, 2020 4:12 AM

The one potential issue with a Latina VP is there are factions within the larger group. Would nominating one specific type of Latina get a wide swath of support among all Latinos?

by Anonymousreply 34March 16, 2020 4:35 AM

VP = Warren

The Supremes: Harris

by Anonymousreply 35March 16, 2020 4:41 AM

It’ll be Killary. You didn’t think she gave up on being the first woman president did you?

by Anonymousreply 36March 16, 2020 4:46 AM

Vice President: Warren (who will appeal to the progressives and is a hard working policy wonk)

She never endorsed Sanders and he mentioned he had just spoken with her a couple of days ago to agree to a policy she had. She could easily do all the heavy lifting he couldn't do.

She also doesn't have Amy's baggage from his sketchy history dealing with cases involving black people.

Black Woman Supreme Court Pick? Clearly Harris is the best suited for this.

by Anonymousreply 37March 16, 2020 5:02 AM

My fantasy choice: Maxine Waters

The GOP would explode.

by Anonymousreply 38March 16, 2020 5:09 AM

There's no chance it's Hillary, though the BernieBots want you to think so.

I would love it if it was Warren simply because it would give Bernie another heart attack.

by Anonymousreply 39March 16, 2020 5:14 AM

If he picks up a Latin female VP, there may be some bitterness with the black vote, as they saved Biden and they'll think, why her, just because she's a Latino?

I would say Warren or Harris because voters know them. It would be a safer choice as they've been vetted via those grueling debates and somewhat earned it. As long as it's not Amy, she doesn't have anything to do with minorities. Joe can win the Rust Belt and Midwest on his own.

by Anonymousreply 40March 16, 2020 5:19 AM

It won't be Warren. She has nothing to offer. She couldn't even win her own state!

by Anonymousreply 41March 16, 2020 5:23 AM

He very clearly said Black Supreme Court nominee, he didn't say Black or Latina Vice President. I don't think that was an oversight.

[quote]If he picks up a Latin female VP, there may be some bitterness with the black vote, as they saved Biden and they'll think, why her, just because she's a Latino?

Picking someone of a certain race DOES NOT guarantee the support of that race. Kamala and Corey couldn't even win the majority of the votes of black people. Julian Castro couldn't win the majority of Hispanic or Latino voters.

He already has the black vote. He had it going in and he never lost it. He was second to Sanders with the latino vote.

[quote]It won't be Warren. She has nothing to offer. She couldn't even win her own state!

She's a progressive who is well known and is not Bernie Sanders. She was the second choice for many of the voters. She had the largest LGBT vote.

Every pundit has pointed out that he needs progressives to vote for him as well since his campaign is as centrist as it comes.

by Anonymousreply 42March 16, 2020 5:34 AM

R42, just like Biden doesn't need to cater to the black vote because the majority will already vote for him...

He doesn't NEED a progressive like Warren on the ticket to help him get those votes. Those that Warren would pull in would already vote for Joe regardless if she's on the ticket or not.

It won't be Warren.

by Anonymousreply 43March 16, 2020 5:45 AM

I love Warren but she's not young and that's what Biden needs. He's 77 and has had 2 brain surgeries, so the possibility that he'll die in office is a strong one. Warren seems to be in very good health but she's 70 -- also white (except for that Native American bit) and from Mass, too much like Biden himself. Val Demmings is only 63 -- and she's black and from Florida.

by Anonymousreply 44March 16, 2020 5:50 AM

It's going to be Warren as VP. She is the most popular figure nationally who could/would run with Biden (i.e. not silly stuff like the Obamas). Tapping Warren would bring the party together overnight, bar the 10% or so who are Sarandon types and aren't gettable under any circumstances. Given Biden and Warren's personal history, this would be a dramatic unity ticket; given the imminent recession, it's the perfect VP choice for the moment.

Harris is being saved for AG, then SCOTUS when Ginsburg retires.

Klobuchar is a centrist white senator from a state that will be a gimme for Democrats in any election in which they have a plausible path to 270. In other words, she adds nothing.

Abrams is too risky now that everyone has adopted a bunker mentality due to COVID-19. Under present circumstances, state legislator is not a sufficient credential when the president is hoping to see his 82nd birthday in office.

Whitmer has barely stepped through the doors in Lansing. She's what I call the Aaron Sorkin VP pick. Way too obvious and, once you scratch the surface, not an inspired choice.

Duckworth is from a solidly blue state. While there's nothing wrong with her as a choice, she neither brings in Sanders/Warren voters nor confers an advantage in a battleground state nor appeals to a demographic that is key in critical states. The only close state in which AAPI voters are a significant bloc is Nevada, and if Democrats can't win that without much sweat, this is already over.

by Anonymousreply 45March 16, 2020 5:53 AM

Another reason NOT to vote for him.

by Anonymousreply 46March 16, 2020 5:57 AM

It won't be Warren. She's not even popular enough to win her own state!

by Anonymousreply 47March 16, 2020 5:58 AM

Anyone but Tulsi.

by Anonymousreply 48March 16, 2020 6:07 AM

Those that are saying that Hillary would not accept don't seem to be accounting for the fact that Biden is likely a one-term president. She's probably betting that he has some health issues and resigns during his first term, or doesn't seek reelection. She still wants to be the first woman president.

by Anonymousreply 49March 16, 2020 6:09 AM

Talking points from Fox.

by Anonymousreply 50March 16, 2020 6:10 AM

R10 and R44 I'm so glad we have this docka-minted. #ValD4VP

by Anonymousreply 51March 16, 2020 6:12 AM

Surely he wouldn't pick someone who would give away a beloved family pet

by Anonymousreply 52March 16, 2020 6:20 AM

[quote]He doesn't NEED a progressive like Warren on the ticket to help him get those votes. Those that Warren would pull in would already vote for Joe regardless if she's on the ticket or not.

But you do need progressives Blanche! But you do!

He needs to pick up the pieces after Sanders drops out. Many Sanders voters had Warren as their second choice (and I'm not talking about "twitter" I'm talking about actual voters offline.) Many Warren voters had Sanders as their second choice as well as Joe which shows how well they do mesh. Giving progressives a seat at the table would, as R45 said, unite the party and unlike the other progressive (Sanders) she can actually work with people and get things done.

Giving Harris a lifetime appointment to SCOTUS is a much more valuable gift to black people than the Vice Presidency. It will also instantly give Joe an unforgettable part of his eventual legacy. From "That Little Girl Was Me!" thanks to Joe to "Supreme Court Justice Kamala Harris" thanks to Joe.

by Anonymousreply 53March 16, 2020 6:25 AM

Sanders supporters who won't vote Biden won't vote for him even with Warren on the ticket. They all hate her now and blame her for Saint Bernard not sweeping everything since she didn't endorse Burn Out.

It won't be Warren.

And again, the majority of actual progressives will already vote for Joe regardless.

by Anonymousreply 54March 16, 2020 6:28 AM

Trixie Mattel

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55March 16, 2020 6:31 AM

And Joe can talk about putting a Black Woman on the Supreme Court but that's only going to happen if Democrats take back the Senate. Otherwise Mitch will block it with his sodomy hands until he croaks.

by Anonymousreply 56March 16, 2020 6:31 AM

More moderates stayed home in 2016 than progressives who voted 3rd party.

It won't be a progressive VP.

by Anonymousreply 57March 16, 2020 6:53 AM

He is thinking Kamala.

by Anonymousreply 58March 16, 2020 6:56 AM

I don't know that Biden is even really trying for the hardcore Bernie supporters, R54. They already hate him and will be trying to get people to either note vote or vote Trump no matter what Biden does.

The only reason he might not choose Warren is because she really doesn't bring in a lot of votes. But she is a great speaker and fun in personal appearances, and might make the moderately leftist Democratic voters (of whom there are quite a few) feel better about voting Biden, so that could be helpful. He needs someone who is gaffe-proof. She fits that bill, just needs to dial back the tendency to bog down in details.

by Anonymousreply 59March 16, 2020 7:01 AM

Maybe Kirsten Gillibrand? She has served as the junior United States Senator from New York since 2009, and was a member of the U.S. House of Representatives from 2007 to 2009.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60March 16, 2020 7:40 AM

[quote] Maybe Kirsten Gillibrand? She has served as the junior United States Senator from New York since 2009, and was a member of the U.S. House of Representatives from 2007 to 2009.

Nobody wants this heinous cunt anywhere near the White House, and the dems will never forgive her for what she did to Franken.

by Anonymousreply 61March 16, 2020 8:05 AM

It's not Warren. If it were Warren, she'd have endorsed him. She didn't. He is, however, backing her bankruptcy bill and she'll endorse down the line. Also, he needs her to stay in the Senate because he'll need every Senate seat he can get

Kamala's an obvious one, but I think that bus thing created a rift. I don't think he trusts her at this point--and she didn't endorse him until after the California primary.

I doubt she wants to be on the Supreme Court, she' s a politician through and through, not a legal scholar. Someone said he wanted Loretta Lynch on the court and that makes some sense. I assume there are also some black female judges on the eppellate bench, which is the usual pool for USSC nominations. Lynch is a grad of Harvard Law. Kamala's Hastings--not the same level of prestige at all.

I think Sally Yates might be an AG pick.

The progressive vote isn't critical in the general--the bulk of progressives are in states that are going to go blue no matter what. Joe's much stronger than Hillary with working-class whites. The election's going to be won in the suburbs--the Midwestern suburbs--so I think he'll look there. The only thing better would be a popular politician from Florida and right now there isn't one. So, he'll count on his Scranton kid background to hold Pennyslvania. That leaves Michigan--so Gretchen W. (who's his new campaign co-chair), Wisconsin (Tammy Baldwin?) and adjacent states--the other Tammy and, of course, Amy K.

There's a lot to be said for Amy K.--she can take over the job and she's like Biden in that she knows how to get legislation passed. But the thing I think that really puts her in the running is that she turned around her campaign staff overnight and delivered Biden Minnesota.

Amy can help Biden win the burbs. I'm guessing Obama will come out and help Biden with states like North Carolina.

by Anonymousreply 62March 16, 2020 8:25 AM

Caitlyn is available.

by Anonymousreply 63March 16, 2020 8:26 AM

What about Amy's Senate seat?

by Anonymousreply 64March 16, 2020 8:27 AM

But you promised!

by Anonymousreply 65March 16, 2020 8:40 AM

Minnesota's governor is a Democrat, so not an issue. Same with Kamala. Kristen Gillibrand also works that way.

by Anonymousreply 66March 16, 2020 10:57 AM

Identity politics.

by Anonymousreply 67March 16, 2020 11:12 AM

Everybody’s favorite lesbian.

by Anonymousreply 68March 16, 2020 11:22 AM

First, I seem to remember Bloomberg pledging to run an ads against tRump even now that he's out.

I believe Bloomberg hates the president that much.

I'd like to see Warren for V.P. and Harris for SCOTUS.

And Bernie Sanders is an unhinged, unelectable crack pot.

by Anonymousreply 69March 16, 2020 11:23 AM

[quote] his sodomy hands

Pics please.

by Anonymousreply 70March 16, 2020 11:24 AM

R70, nobody wants to see pictures like that!

by Anonymousreply 71March 16, 2020 1:13 PM

Black woman???? Michelle Obama, if only she didn't wear those hideous gold boots.

I'll go for Kamala. And she's blacker than Barack. End of.

by Anonymousreply 72March 16, 2020 1:26 PM

I think he'll pick Amy, with perhaps Harris as AG (that's just a guess on my part). The AA female justice is Biden paying Clyburn back for his SC endorsement. I think it's a good move on Biden's part. I would have loved to have seen Pete as VP, but knowing the Midwest needs to go blue, Amy is the logical choice.

by Anonymousreply 73March 16, 2020 1:36 PM

Michelle for the SC seat.

by Anonymousreply 74March 16, 2020 1:44 PM

Nan Whaley - Mayor of Dayton. She had the balls to confront Trump. Great leadership skills.

by Anonymousreply 75March 16, 2020 1:47 PM

Warren has too much baggage of her own that Trump can exploit and moderates will not want a progressive a heartbeat away from the presidency. If moderates wanted a progressive then collectively they would have accounted for 60% of the vote during the primaries.

by Anonymousreply 76March 16, 2020 2:33 PM

It’s crazy to choose a former prosector. You’re inviting BLM activists to stir up protests and disruptions.

And Warren has no popular support.

It’ll be someone like Gretchen Whitmer or Tammy Duckworth. MIdwestern, moderate, likable.

by Anonymousreply 77March 16, 2020 2:41 PM

[quote]Warren has too much baggage of her own that Trump can exploit

he exploits anything but she really doesn't have that much baggage

by Anonymousreply 78March 16, 2020 2:42 PM

You know it won't be Hillary. She is ballot box poison.

by Anonymousreply 79March 16, 2020 2:43 PM

Hillary got more votes than Amy male ever. She is not ballot box poison. It would be such ironic justice if Biden/Clinton were the ticket and two years in Biden stepped down and Hilary became POTUS.

by Anonymousreply 80March 16, 2020 2:47 PM

Kamala isn't blacker than Obama. She's also Eastern Indian.

by Anonymousreply 81March 16, 2020 2:47 PM

Hillary is one of the only women I can think of who would be recognized as qualified to assume the presidency.

by Anonymousreply 82March 16, 2020 2:48 PM

I had a dream I got a job with Biden's VP. I walked into the office, and it was Susan Rice. That's who I'd like to see.

by Anonymousreply 83March 16, 2020 2:49 PM

Biden has dementia. He won't win because the country has reservations about handing the country over to someone who no longer has the mental capability to take care of it.

It doesnt matter who he chooses because he wont ever be the potus.

by Anonymousreply 84March 16, 2020 3:00 PM

There is no viable alternative to Biden. Of course, he is going to win and by a huge margin.

by Anonymousreply 85March 16, 2020 3:02 PM

Trump's got this. Biden's dementia is going to become a major issue in the general.

by Anonymousreply 86March 16, 2020 3:04 PM

Yeah, last night's debate should have put the Biden and dementia rumors to rest.

by Anonymousreply 87March 16, 2020 3:05 PM

Gretchen Whitmer? Who? Please... It will be a known name to the lay person. Hillary already proved how choosing a stranger to the public turns out - you might as not have a running mate. The only reason that Trumpy Bear chose Mother Mikey was due to his Evangelical cult following. That was it. If Kamala wants the Supreme Court, then she deserves it and should have it (hopefully AG first). But I hope that she is game for VP. If not, it will likely be Amy or Stacey.

by Anonymousreply 88March 16, 2020 3:06 PM

“Stable genius” Trump has no credibility on anything but least of all on mental acuity.

by Anonymousreply 89March 16, 2020 3:06 PM

R87, Were we watching the same debate? The man was an absolute trainwreck last night. And had the answers to all the questions written in front of them and spent the entire night staring at a piece of paper.

Bernie killed him and left him for dead.

by Anonymousreply 90March 16, 2020 3:08 PM

R90 lives in the same fantasy world of the future with Bernie where socialists have three homes and if there were no billionaires everyone would want Medicare for all and free college education.

by Anonymousreply 91March 16, 2020 3:15 PM

No, it won’t be someone known to the general public. Too many established opinions about the latter.

by Anonymousreply 92March 16, 2020 3:17 PM

R91, Most people already want Medicare for all and free college education.

by Anonymousreply 93March 16, 2020 3:17 PM

R90, you’re nuts. All the expert analysis says Biden performed very well and Bernie didn’t move the needle. Expertise matters.

by Anonymousreply 94March 16, 2020 3:18 PM

Juliane Moore. Seriously.

by Anonymousreply 95March 16, 2020 3:18 PM

Boris is trying to make Hillary VP happen, now that the Bernie path is gone.

by Anonymousreply 96March 16, 2020 3:19 PM

Biden is so desperate to create some enthusiasm for his old ass. How cany anyone get excited about a career politician who is 80 years old and has a history of putting corporate interests before everyday people.

Only sjws on twitter care if the VP is a woman.

by Anonymousreply 97March 16, 2020 3:19 PM

R95 - love it!

by Anonymousreply 98March 16, 2020 3:19 PM

R94, Expert analysis that work for the mainstream media that is owned by billionaires?

Shocking I tell ya!

by Anonymousreply 99March 16, 2020 3:20 PM

Until they learn the details of M4A r93 and then support falls into the 30s. Most people want a public option.

by Anonymousreply 100March 16, 2020 3:21 PM

R99, it’s their spin that matters, and they say Biden won.

The “Biden is so old and has dimensia” thing is a super lame angle of attack and isn’t working. He was great last night, and America voted for Reagan and W twice. As for old, Cheeto is old, too.

by Anonymousreply 101March 16, 2020 3:22 PM

Why are Bernie people still here? He’s OVAH, dummies.

by Anonymousreply 102March 16, 2020 3:23 PM

How cany anyone get excited about a career politician who is 80 years old and has a history of putting his personal bank account before everyday people. Bernie Bros are fools.

by Anonymousreply 103March 16, 2020 3:23 PM

R103, Biden has been doing that since the 1970s. That old man is gonna poop his depends when he loses in November.

by Anonymousreply 104March 16, 2020 3:26 PM

R101? "Dimensia"?

Oh, dear!

by Anonymousreply 105March 16, 2020 3:43 PM

Don’t feed the troll. Bernie and his followers are no more relevant than Tulsi Gabbard at this point. Not worth the effort and only a distraction from what matters.

by Anonymousreply 106March 16, 2020 3:48 PM

Biden reminds me of Barbra Walters in the years before she retired. At least Bernie is still sharp.

by Anonymousreply 107March 16, 2020 3:52 PM

It’s easy to be “sharp” when you just repeat the same talking points you’ve used for decades in between gasps for air and clutching your chest.

by Anonymousreply 108March 16, 2020 3:55 PM

Sharp... Hahaha so sharp he couldn't even answer a single question and had to beg Joe to stop laughing at him.

But you go on and earn that serving of borscht!

by Anonymousreply 109March 16, 2020 3:57 PM

[quote] Biden doesn’t need a black VP. He already has the black vote. And Obama will campaign for him. If the two of them can’t get the black vote wrapped up nobody can.

Yeah that formula sure didn't work for Hillary.

by Anonymousreply 110March 16, 2020 4:04 PM

[quote] Trump's got this. Biden's dementia is going to become a major issue in the general.

R86, Just because you are worried about losing your job because of the coming Trump recession, doesn't mean that this is the time or place to audition for your hoped for career as a comedian.

by Anonymousreply 111March 16, 2020 4:10 PM

Kamala is the undying pick of a couple of fixated DL posters and no one ever confused DL with strategy or reflecting the country.

by Anonymousreply 112March 16, 2020 4:14 PM

I think Amy will be a smart choice, especially when they pretty her up. We don't need a popular candidate. We need someone who will appeal to Midwestern housewives and centrist republicans. They would compliment each other well.

by Anonymousreply 113March 16, 2020 4:14 PM

the only problem with Kamala is she is from a safe state. Klobuchar (yuck) would tick off some midwestern boxes (that sounds dirty). Warren is my choice, but doubtful, though she might ease the pain of some of the Sanders supporters, although they have found a way to hate her too even though they're pretty much ideologically aligned. And then there's Stacey Abrams who is quite unknown outside of those who pay really close attention to politics. But she is huge in the south and could drive turnout. I doubt very much it would be Tammy Duckworth or Gillibrand (god help us).

by Anonymousreply 114March 16, 2020 4:15 PM

Who else is more popular?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 115March 16, 2020 4:18 PM

[quote]In this same debate, he committed to appointing a black woman to the Supreme Court. Everyone heard it and will hold him to it, and such an appointment will be historic.

I think he's creating his wiggle room here so the pick, which is probably already clear or whittled down to two or three, is not a black woman.

I think (strategically) the point about a former prosecutor is on point.

I think the point about baggage is on point.

They will pick someone fresh, who hasn't been mauled or rendered stale or polarizing by the process.

I also think they will go for someone who could draw the Latino vote.

I never heard of her til I read a list of VP candidates (all women and all the usuals, as cited upthread) but the name that jumped at me was the Governor of New Mexico, Michelle Lujan Grisham. 3 terms in Congress and former Chair of the Congressional Hispanic Caucus... big voice on immigration. She's one of the few strategic picks.

But it will be a strategic, not a sentimental or popular pick, which many on DL struggle to accept. That anyone would still be pushing Clinton is proof of that.

by Anonymousreply 116March 16, 2020 4:19 PM

Duckworth sadly wasn’t born in the US — I thought it could be her too until I read her wiki. We can’t afford to lose any Senate seats. It MUST be a swing state choice. Who does that give us? No idea. Picking a Latina I don’t think will work because we can’t seem to gain enough ground with the Latino vote.

by Anonymousreply 117March 16, 2020 5:04 PM

Stealth HRC bashing thread that didn't work.

by Anonymousreply 118March 16, 2020 5:07 PM

[quote] And then there's Stacey Abrams who is quite unknown outside of those who pay really close attention to politics. But she is huge in the south ...

R114, she's huge everywhere.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 119March 16, 2020 6:45 PM

Biden's age is important, despite his competence.

Does anyone really believe Stacey Abrams can be sold to the country as a viable alternative, at this stage of her career?

by Anonymousreply 120March 16, 2020 6:48 PM

Michelle Obama for the WIN

by Anonymousreply 121March 16, 2020 6:50 PM

Warren ought to join the ticket. That seems like some backhanded messy shit that she'd do. We all know she's a conservative Republican at heart.

That is why she 's a snake!

by Anonymousreply 122March 16, 2020 6:53 PM

Better NOT be Stacy

by Anonymousreply 123March 16, 2020 6:55 PM

Not Kamala. She wouldn't particularly energize the black vote or the Indian vote or the women's vote despite belonging to those categories, and California's electoral votes are already a certainty. Midwesterners aren't into her. She's not really much of an asset.

by Anonymousreply 124March 16, 2020 6:59 PM

That would be the one thing he could do to make me not vote for him. Hillary needs to go climb in a cave and let the world forget about her sorry self and take her daughter with her.

by Anonymousreply 125March 16, 2020 7:04 PM

Sure, R125, sure.

by Anonymousreply 126March 16, 2020 7:06 PM

What about that blonde bimbo sénatrice from New York, what's her name? Mattress Girl's BFF.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 127March 16, 2020 7:09 PM

It does seem like Gretchen Whitmer is being groomed somewhat. She's cute and seemingly fits the role but I don't think she has the experience needed. I have flashbacks of Sarah Palin. I just rewatched Game Change on HBO.

by Anonymousreply 128March 16, 2020 7:11 PM

Oprah or Gayle

by Anonymousreply 129March 16, 2020 7:11 PM

Has anyone asked if I'm OK - to [italic]ACCEPT THE NOMINATION AS VICE-PRESIDENT OF THE United States!!?[/italic]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 130March 16, 2020 7:17 PM

I'd vote for Lacey Chabert!

by Anonymousreply 131March 16, 2020 7:18 PM

Sally Yates is my number 1 choice. She would be bad ass. That woman looks like she can get shit done.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 132March 16, 2020 7:18 PM

Oooh, I like Yates too. I could listen to her talk all day. Is she lesbianese?

by Anonymousreply 133March 16, 2020 7:23 PM

She just has a lesbian haircut, but she's like dick.

by Anonymousreply 134March 16, 2020 7:25 PM

For R112:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 135March 16, 2020 7:30 PM

At this point that poll is a name recognition contest R135

But you knew that.

by Anonymousreply 136March 16, 2020 7:34 PM

Trump will probably kick Pencce out and take Nikki Haley as his VP. Trump is setting her up nicely to be the President in 2024.

by Anonymousreply 137March 16, 2020 7:37 PM

And what exactly do you think politics IS R136??? And your point is what?

by Anonymousreply 138March 16, 2020 7:40 PM

Not that I discount that R137, but if things really start to go downhill and a good number of MAGAts turn on Trump, it's also easy to see him resigning for some clearly bullshit reason and leaving Pence holding the bag.

by Anonymousreply 139March 16, 2020 7:40 PM

[quote]There's a lot to be said for Amy K.--she can take over the job and she's like Biden in that she knows how to get legislation passed. But the thing I think that really puts her in the running is that she turned around her campaign staff overnight and delivered Biden Minnesota.

THIS.

by Anonymousreply 140March 16, 2020 7:50 PM

I think people are slightly overestimating the black vote for Biden. Biden was already set to win South Carolina even before Iowa. SC was his chance to make up some ground. And he did. But what tipped him over the edge were two candidates who had won primaries bailing before Super Tuesday, and Bloomberg dropping out afterward, and all three throwing their support to Joe. The party coalesced around Joe, that’s the only reason he’s still in.

by Anonymousreply 141March 16, 2020 8:23 PM

Amy Klobuchar for VP,, , Kamala Harris for Atty General. When a seat opens on the Supreme Court, Kamala Harris for the seat.

by Anonymousreply 142March 16, 2020 8:40 PM

[quote]I think people are slightly overestimating the black vote for Biden.

The Black vote has been solid with Biden since even before he got in the race. Younger blacks danced with Bernie for a skosh, but many eventually came home to Biden when it was all said and done. Black people know that Biden is not a racist, they know that he has been ride or die with Obama, and let's be honest (as some black comedian recently said) black people know how white people are going to vote even better than white people know how they're going to vote.

by Anonymousreply 143March 16, 2020 8:44 PM

Pete transitions!

by Anonymousreply 144March 16, 2020 8:54 PM

[quote]black people know how white people are going to vote even better than white people know how they're going to vote.

It's fine as a comedic line, but contradicted by the available data. Black voters only switched in large numbers to support Obama AFTER they received the information from the 2008 Iowa caucuses that white voters in an all-white state were willing to vote for a black candidate.

On the other hand, black voters almost uniformly supported Clinton in 2016, who went on to be crushed among white voters by an even worse margin than Obama four years prior. You can make the counterfactual argument that Sanders would have fared even worse, I suppose, although there isn't much evidence for that either way.

by Anonymousreply 145March 16, 2020 9:07 PM

No one wants Amy Klobuchar

by Anonymousreply 146March 16, 2020 9:11 PM

Vivian Vance

by Anonymousreply 147March 16, 2020 9:15 PM

[quote]No one wants Amy Klobuchar

Wrong.

by Anonymousreply 148March 16, 2020 9:35 PM

Lol. Preaching to the choir.. as if he will get any undecided Trump voters this way.

He will lose the election and that’s sad.

by Anonymousreply 149March 16, 2020 9:37 PM

So shelter-in-place continues into summer? Meaning public health is, without question, the #1 issue in voters minds still. How about the former Secretary of Health and Human Services, Kathleen Sebelius. Former Gov of Kansas too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 150March 16, 2020 9:40 PM

R140, the reason Amy turned her campaign on a dime is that at her final rally in Minnesota on Sunday before Super Tuesday, BLM protesters took over her stage and wouldn't leave, demanding she address her history with Myon Burrell.

After South Carolina, she wanted to stay in long enough to win Minnesota, but it looked like she was going to lose her home state, and she didn't want to go through that humiliation, which she knew would hurt her seriously for any future campaigns, including that of reelection as Minnesota's senator.

And Biden's black support is not sewn up. I know a lot of black women who say he's been dangling the prospect of a black female VP, and if he doesn't deliver, he cannot count on them to back him up.

Add to that Klob's Burrell problem, and choosing Amy could lose him significant numbers of votes. Sure, she called on the current prosecutor to open an investigation, but it's too little too late. She didn't give a shit until she had no other choice.

by Anonymousreply 151March 16, 2020 9:49 PM

[quote] I know a lot of black women who say he's been dangling the prospect of a black female VP, and if he doesn't deliver, he cannot count on them to back him up.

Is anyone's view of anything the same as it was two weeks ago? Two days ago? Two hours?

by Anonymousreply 152March 16, 2020 9:52 PM

Do black people regard Kamala as one of them?

by Anonymousreply 153March 16, 2020 9:53 PM

Joe ain't no dummy. He very specifically said that he would appoint "a black woman" to the Supreme Court because he is only selecting "a woman" as VP. Have you noticed that unlike all the others who have dropped out, Elizabeth Warren has stayed silent? It's because Joe is planning on selecting her as VP, and she knows it.

by Anonymousreply 154March 16, 2020 11:04 PM

[quote]they feel she passes herself off as someone she’s not.

Which is ridiculous. She reads "black," doesn't matter about her mom - do you think as a child growing up and as an adult, she could just say "Oh no, I'm Jamaican!" and the discrimination she faced would stop?

by Anonymousreply 155March 16, 2020 11:04 PM

Rumor around Washington is, due to Obama's lasting effect and Biden's long relationship with and support from the black community, the VP will actually be a Latina. And all indicators are it will be Gloria Estefan who will conga line up Pennsylvania Avenue with Ole Joe.

by Anonymousreply 156March 16, 2020 11:11 PM

Gretchen Whitmer just said on CNN she won't be the VP candidate. She's one to watch after she does her time as governor of Michigan. I'm on board for the Biden/Yates ticket! That is, if the election isn't canceled.

by Anonymousreply 157March 16, 2020 11:31 PM

The only people who still bring Hilary into the conversation are paid Russian trolls and extreme right wingers trying to forever bring down the Democratic Party to boost Trump. Nobody would put Hilary on the ticket.

Move on....

by Anonymousreply 158March 16, 2020 11:33 PM

[quote] the reason Amy turned her campaign on a dime is that at her final rally in Minnesota on Sunday before Super Tuesday, BLM protesters took over her stage and wouldn't leave, demanding she address her history with Myon Burrell.

This is exactly why it won't be Amy.

The tongue lashing she got from Sunny on the View was ONLY the beginning of what would have happened if she stayed in the race.

Biden doesn't want to have a VP that has a questionable record with minority cases which again removes Kamala from the equation.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 159March 16, 2020 11:36 PM

Can people please learn how to spell Hillary? Fuck.

by Anonymousreply 160March 16, 2020 11:37 PM

If he chooses a Latina, it’ll make illegal immigration a key issue among the voters, because her ethnicity will reminds voters of the issue. That’s not good, given that the Dems lack a position on illegal immigration that’s broadly appealing to white suburban women and working class men.

Duckworth was born abroad, but so was Ted Cruz. Her father is American. I’m pretty sure it’s not an issue. She lost both legs in war. That’s huge.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 161March 16, 2020 11:40 PM

But, to be fair, a half-Asian VP candidate might prompt negative feelings (somewhat irrationally) related to the virus. But then, she lost both legs in war for the Army.

by Anonymousreply 162March 16, 2020 11:41 PM

We better work on mail-in voting right now before this argument becomes pointless.

by Anonymousreply 163March 16, 2020 11:46 PM

Ah! From Amy:

On Monday, we will introduce the Natural Disaster and Emergency Ballot Act of 2020 to help election officials meet this pandemic head-on. Our legislation will guarantee every voter a secure mail-in paper ballot and help states cover the cost of printing, self-sealing envelopes, ballot tracking and postage. Vote-by-mail is a time-tested, reliable way for Americans to exercise their constitutional rights, and it is the right response to this crisis.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 164March 16, 2020 11:49 PM

[quote]Gretchen Whitmer just said on CNN she won't be the VP candidate. She's one to watch after she does her time as governor of Michigan.

Whitmer said that she's on a committee for the Biden campaign that is going to be vetting the VP options. Whitmer knows the importance of white working class and suburban voters in the Midwest, so I think she'll push for Amy Klobuchar who can get those votes easily.

by Anonymousreply 165March 16, 2020 11:50 PM

You can’t have someone whom men can easily label a “bitch” or the C-word. That shit spreads and affects voters at the margins. Amy has a huge problem there. And she was a prosecutor: if you’re going to have a moderate as VP at least get someone who can’t be easily attacked by progressives.

Amy would be a great cabinet member.

by Anonymousreply 166March 16, 2020 11:53 PM

As I have previously stated in my 2020 Predictions posts, Kamala Harris will be the VP and then the president due to the death or serious illness of the POTUS while in office.

by Anonymousreply 167March 16, 2020 11:54 PM

[quote]Whitmer said that she's on a committee for the Biden campaign that is going to be vetting the VP options.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 168March 16, 2020 11:54 PM

As I have previously stated in my 2020 Predictions posts, Kamala Harris will win the Democratic nomination by the end of Super Tuesday. Spring flowers will bloom, the climate will heal, billionaires will pay taxes and teenage boys will stop masturbating.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 169March 16, 2020 11:58 PM

Lots of people in the Midwest like Amy. Lots of fraus, who are a key constiuency, like Amy. She's never made the mistake of sneering at making cookies--she's won the Minnesota legislator "Hot dish" competition more than once.

She's been campaigning for the VP spot for several debates.

Pete knows he's not going to be VP pick, but I assume Biden will offer him (and Beto) good jobs.

That said, Tammy Duckworth is eligible. You don't have to be a natural born citizen--Duckworth was born a US citizen because her father was one.

by Anonymousreply 170March 17, 2020 12:21 AM

If he's promised to put a black woman on the Supreme Court, he doesn't need to have a black woman as his running mate also.

by Anonymousreply 171March 17, 2020 12:22 AM

Also, the Black vote is less critical in the general (since it's concentrated in the Southern states) than in the general.

by Anonymousreply 172March 17, 2020 12:26 AM

[quote]Lots of people in the Midwest like Amy[/quote]

They just chose not to vote for her.

by Anonymousreply 173March 17, 2020 12:28 AM

If he wants to win - it will have to be Hillary. And the DNC would be idiots to pick anyone else. Yes, she is reprehensible - but she won the popular vote and is still wildly popular among her base. It's the only chance the doddering old fool Biden has - and if he wins, by pre-agreement he will step down at the end of his first year due to health (mental) concerns and let Hillary ascend the throne.

by Anonymousreply 174March 17, 2020 12:36 AM

And Kamala's campaign couldn't raise support or money to get to Iowa, so naturally she's a powerhouse pick for VP!

by Anonymousreply 175March 17, 2020 12:36 AM

Please. No Kirsten Gillibrand and no Amy Klobuchar.

Kamala or Val Demings

by Anonymousreply 176March 17, 2020 12:42 AM

r170 — the Rethuglicans would easily get SCOTUS to deny Duckworth.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 177March 17, 2020 12:44 AM

Did he promise any posts to gender fluid persons of color?

by Anonymousreply 178March 17, 2020 12:45 AM

[quote] she won the popular vote

By a mere 3 million of 130 million cast against a failed reality TV show host. Not really something you want to brag about

[quote] and is still wildly popular among her base.

Two dozen "Hillary Is A Diva!" eldergays and a handful of elderlez's on Datalounge.

That's her "base"

She's poison in the real world.

Biden and Bernie both asked her to wear a string of garlic around her neck so they could tell she was coming and run so as to avoid being in the same room with her.

by Anonymousreply 179March 17, 2020 12:56 AM

meh. That was only worth half a serving of borscht.

by Anonymousreply 180March 17, 2020 1:07 AM

OK - fine. Whoever he picks better be a rock star capable of people falling in love with. Gillabrand, Klobachar, Warren, Harris are not capable of carrying him - wallpaper paste drying is more exciting than any of them. Maybe it will be Michelle. Odd Obama hasn't endorsed him yet - he is working behind the scenes. Maybe he is waiting for Michelle to be chosen so it doesn't look like he is influencing the decision.

by Anonymousreply 181March 17, 2020 1:11 AM

Obama hasn't endorsed because if he does, Burn Outs will start screech harder that the whole thing is fixed!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 182March 17, 2020 1:12 AM

[quote] Every black person I know dislikes Kamala Harris because of her record and because she is the child of a Jamaican immigrant professor (and an Indian immigrant cancer researcher) rather than African American and they feel she passes herself off as someone she’s not.

Forget it, Boris.

For an entire election cycle, everyone said the same thing about Obama because of his non-citizen Kenyan father and white mother. On election day, every black person who could stand and walk voted for Obama -- period. It will be the same with Harris. She is the 'black' antidote to Trump.

by Anonymousreply 183March 17, 2020 1:27 AM

R183 Yeah, Harris would be very embraced by black voters. She's on Clyburn's list of black women he gave to Biden.

by Anonymousreply 184March 17, 2020 1:31 AM

"feel she passes herself off as someone she’s not"

I think that you mean Nikki Haley - you ignorant, silly, little Trumptard. Nikki Haley = Nimrata Randhawa She is nasty fraud unlike the eminently respectable Senator Harris who owns exactly who she is.

by Anonymousreply 185March 17, 2020 1:36 AM

[quote] Are there any viable Latina veep picks? Biden's already doing very well with black voters (at least, older black voters,) do we really think they're going to abandon him and run to Trump in the general? But, Sanders did MUCH better with Latino voters in the primary thus far. A Latina running mate would be such an interesting dynamic against this misogynistic, racist, xenophobic admin.

There is no "latino" electorate. Too many ethnicities and political differences.

by Anonymousreply 186March 17, 2020 1:39 AM

They won't end up with Biden. They know he has dementia issues. They will replace him at the convention. They are not going to risk running him against Trump. I don't know who they will select but it won't be Biden.

by Anonymousreply 187March 17, 2020 1:50 AM

R186 Michelle Lujan Grisham, Governor of New Mexico.... she's absolutely on the candidate list

And while it's clear there are differences between Florida Cubans, California Mexican Americans, Dominicanos, South American political refugees.... and 25% of Latino voters voted for Trump, there are common issues that are important (especially to the 75% who would never vote for Trump).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 188March 17, 2020 1:55 AM

Duckworth is a dumb name to have.

by Anonymousreply 189March 17, 2020 1:56 AM

R189 Obama? Trump?

by Anonymousreply 190March 17, 2020 1:57 AM

R189, so is Tammy, you fucker, but she lost both her fucking legs to serve the country in the Army.

by Anonymousreply 191March 17, 2020 2:10 AM

The VP has to be someone many voters already want or almost wanted for president because Joe is no spring chicken. She would also probably have to run on her own in 2024 so it has to be someone who gets a lot done in 4 years. That sounds like Warren to me.

by Anonymousreply 192March 17, 2020 2:21 AM

Amy K. on Lawrence O'Donnell now. She's starting a (needed) makeover. Her hair is much less helmet-y and it appears soft and real, and she's added some slight, almost blonde, highlights. She's read for PrimeTime!!!

by Anonymousreply 193March 17, 2020 2:44 AM

I see the [italic] Miss Kamala Harris Is My Diva, Gurrllll Troll [/italic] is active on this thread

Are you a TOC or just a wannabe TOC?

by Anonymousreply 194March 17, 2020 2:45 AM

R193 Exactly my thoughts... she seems more relaxed, less scary. More like the Senator who questioned Kavanaugh so well.

by Anonymousreply 195March 17, 2020 2:46 AM

r193. she's still boring and sucks.

no amy.

by Anonymousreply 196March 17, 2020 3:05 AM

r44, Val Demmings is being prepared to take over as Speaker when Pelosi retires.

by Anonymousreply 197March 17, 2020 3:47 AM

r90. No you were on the wacky weed my friend. Biden ran a truck over Bernie.

by Anonymousreply 198March 17, 2020 3:58 AM

I thought Kamala too. Resurrecting Hillary is like trying to pump life into Frankenstein for a Mr. Universe contest.

by Anonymousreply 199March 17, 2020 4:10 AM

I don't think a woman latina does anything for the ticket. Latinos or latinx just don't get excited about women being professionals or anything except there for the family. The latina is respected as a mother and head of a household and that's about it.

Sadly, it's true. It won't do shit in regards to the latino vote.

by Anonymousreply 200March 17, 2020 4:11 AM

R173, she had dropped out of the race and endorsed Biden BEFORE Minnesota voted. Not really a valid point you’re making.

by Anonymousreply 201March 17, 2020 2:40 PM

[quote]If he wants to lose - it will have to be Hillary.

Fixed.

by Anonymousreply 202March 17, 2020 2:43 PM

Gretchen Whitmer is basically a younger version of Amy Klobuchar, so it’s in her best interest that Amy get the VP slot... to show the world that a middle-aged Midwestern semi-frau-adjacent woman is up to the job.

by Anonymousreply 203March 17, 2020 2:45 PM

It’s going to be Stacey. And she’ll flip Georgia.

by Anonymousreply 204March 17, 2020 5:32 PM

Abrams? A former state legislator and romance novelist? Really?

by Anonymousreply 205March 17, 2020 5:36 PM

Abrams brings nothing to the ticket...except a proven ability to lose elections.

by Anonymousreply 206March 17, 2020 5:41 PM

Same with Kamala. She couldn't even make it to Iowa.

He will choose someone without the taint of the campaign. He's also sending a black woman to the Supreme Court, so neither Abrams or Harris are needed in the VP stakes.

by Anonymousreply 207March 17, 2020 5:45 PM

[quote]He will choose someone without the taint of the campaign.

I think it will be someone who ran a campaign this year. Biden is so old...his running mate has to be someone voters know and are comfortable with taking over as President at any time.

Someone too unknown risks being another Tim Kaine.

by Anonymousreply 208March 17, 2020 5:49 PM

I see your reasoning, R208, but none of them commanded much support. Tim Kaine wasn't seen as incompetent (hello, Vice Admiral Stockdale), so much as non existent.

by Anonymousreply 209March 17, 2020 5:57 PM

I've seen a couple of Obama advisers, like David Plouffe, touting Nevada senator Catherine Cortez Masto. They seem to really want Biden to pick her. I've never even seen her on TV once so I'm not sure picking an unknown is going to help him.

by Anonymousreply 210March 17, 2020 6:02 PM

Picking someone unknown to People magazine-reading DLers and Americans generally is a good idea; the rest are already polarizing.

by Anonymousreply 211March 17, 2020 6:04 PM

If Biden chooses Hillary for his VP. Trump will just get re-elected. Hillary is bad news and still hated by many Americans. It's time for the Democratic party to move on from the Clintons.

by Anonymousreply 212March 17, 2020 6:09 PM

The "Biden is going to choose Hillary" poster is a troll, dummies.

by Anonymousreply 213March 17, 2020 6:10 PM

Does anyone really think Biden will choose Hillary? Other than a few old dears who can't let go on this site?

by Anonymousreply 214March 17, 2020 6:11 PM

We're aware, hon.

by Anonymousreply 215March 17, 2020 6:11 PM

OP tries a Stealth HRC-Bashing Thread but it did not work

by Anonymousreply 216March 17, 2020 6:15 PM

Hillary, Abrams, Rice and Warren are too polarizing for Independent voters.

Nobody votes based upon who the VP nominee is, but it will have more significance this time because of Biden's age. His running mate needs to be someone experienced, smart and competent. I think Harris, Cortez Masto, Sally Yates, Whitmer and Klobuchar are the best bets. Klobuchar, while very qualified, is not well-liked by a lot of progressive Democrats and that has to be taken into consideration.

by Anonymousreply 217March 17, 2020 6:19 PM

My money is on Congresswoman Rosa DeLauro

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 218March 17, 2020 6:20 PM

R218, Middle America is not going to vote for someone who looks like a gypsy witch.

by Anonymousreply 219March 17, 2020 6:22 PM

Tammy Baldwin would be a great pick. Fuck Biden if he doesn't pick a LGBT person.

by Anonymousreply 220March 17, 2020 6:28 PM

Hills would be awesome but it won't happen.

by Anonymousreply 221March 17, 2020 6:31 PM

[quote] Fuck Biden if he doesn't pick a LGBT person.

The babies want everything. Bitching and moaning on MSNBC etc.

by Anonymousreply 222March 17, 2020 6:32 PM

Tammy Baldwin looks too WASPy. It will not fly with among POC.

by Anonymousreply 223March 17, 2020 6:33 PM

Middle-America LOVES Amy and her award-winning Hotdish recipes. It's going to be her.

by Anonymousreply 224March 17, 2020 6:58 PM

I hope Amy doesn't have anything too embarrassing on her Pinterest page.

by Anonymousreply 225March 17, 2020 7:05 PM

I wouldn't mind having Amy as our VP.

by Anonymousreply 226March 17, 2020 9:20 PM

Actually, you know who'd be great? Sally Yates.

by Anonymousreply 227March 17, 2020 9:43 PM

I wonder how Joe and Hillary got along, both fighting for the title of Vice President (same with her and Gore)?

by Anonymousreply 228March 17, 2020 11:37 PM

Isn't Sally Yates a lesbian?

Not sure America will vote for a lesbian for VP.

by Anonymousreply 229March 18, 2020 12:10 AM

R228, as I understand it she was asked if she wanted Veep or Sec. of State by Obama and she chose SOS.

I believe she received first choice.

by Anonymousreply 230March 18, 2020 12:50 AM

Given Biden's age and the strong possibility the VP will become president, it is incomprehensible to me he would choose anyone for VP not among the candidates this year. Anyone else, including Yates, Rice, and Abrams, is just another politician, i.e, Tim Kaine.

Convention wisdom always says the hard fight of the primary is important because it reveals candidates' strengths and weaknesses. So why should some Sally Yates waltz in and take the VP slot when regardless how much integrity and intelligence she has, she hasn't shown a fraction of the work ethic, heart, and passion we saw from each of the candidates.

by Anonymousreply 231March 18, 2020 1:01 AM

[quote] Convention wisdom always says the hard fight of the primary is important because it reveals candidates' strengths and weaknesses.

Totally agree. The VP will be a very important choice so picking an unknown will be risky. The debates were grueling but a great vetting process. We got to know these people and evaluate their character. To me, they earned the second spot. After Trump, I want someone who is fit and competent to be the POTUS and in these scary times people want to feel secure. . So it should be either Warren or Harris (not Amy, yech).

by Anonymousreply 232March 18, 2020 2:02 AM

well the only woman among the possible presidential candidates that i'd like to see as VP and then President would be Elizabeth Warren. Certainly not Klobuchar.

by Anonymousreply 233March 18, 2020 2:05 AM

Sorry, is Biden trying to win over educated white liberals? Are they voting Green this year? Is that why he needs Warren as VP?

African-Americans - are they sitting it out if they don’t get an African-American VP?

No. It’s midwestern working-class guys and midwestern suburban white women in the key swing states. I don’t like Amy, but among the three, she’s the closest fit, but I’d much rather have Duckworth, In part because Amy’s going to be attacked for being terrible to her staff.

by Anonymousreply 234March 18, 2020 2:16 AM

It’ll be Klobuchar for sure (I’m saying this as an Elizabeth Warren fan). Biden has the African American voters sewn up, no matter what some people think upthread. No way are they staying home, and no way are they voting Dump. Elizabeth doesn’t add voters to the ticket, unfortunately. The NE corridor of the US is all for Biden. Klobuchar gives Biden a chance in the mid-west, where he actually needs to be stronger.

by Anonymousreply 235March 18, 2020 2:18 AM

Biden would be very tone deaf to pick a white woman for VP when there are numerous WOC who are more than qualified to be on his ticket.

And just YUCK to Amy Klobuchar.

by Anonymousreply 236March 18, 2020 2:27 AM

Klobuchar is Tim Kaine lite. And that's actually a compliment. She brings nothing to the ticket. He needs a VP with a pulse. I hope Pete got a guarantee that if he dropped out, Amy would not be the VP choice.

by Anonymousreply 237March 18, 2020 2:28 AM

The midwestern working guys and midwestern suburban women who are the targeted swing voters are almost all white. They’re not particularly progressive, so they’re not going to be all NPR/“baizuo” and demand a nonwhite woman for VP for “representation.” Amy’s the clear fit, but I think it’d be a mistake b/c she was a prosecutor (inviting BLM protests at the convention and on the road), and she’s abusive to her staff.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 238March 18, 2020 2:34 AM

Fun article.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 239March 18, 2020 4:08 AM

Amy Klobuchar would bring anything to the ticket that Biden doesn't already have. And she has no charisma. Kamala Harris is from California which will vote blue anyway and she has that "cop" baggage. Even Biden called her out during one of the debates saying "I was a public defender. I didn't become a prosecutor". Had Stacey Abrams won the governorship, she'd have been a shoo-in. Now they'll say she doesn't have the experience. Hillary Clinton lost an election that she should have won with eyes closed. Kirsten Gillibrand has no gravitas and seems like a shop girl plopped into politics. Susan Rice is no politician.

I think Biden will surprise us with an obscure congresswoman. As for the Supremes, only Loretta Lynch can fill RBG's shoes.

by Anonymousreply 240March 18, 2020 6:53 AM

[quote]Amy’s the clear fit, but I think it’d be a mistake b/c she was a prosecutor (inviting BLM protests at the convention and on the road), and she’s abusive to her staff.

Those are all “plus” factors in terms of attracting white moderates.

by Anonymousreply 241March 18, 2020 10:24 AM

Warren is too old to be Biden’s VP. His VP will need to finish out his term when he dies, and then be capable of potentially running for two additional terms of their own after that. They need to be under 60 for Chrissakes.

by Anonymousreply 242March 18, 2020 10:26 AM

[quote] Isn't Sally Yates a lesbian?

R229, she has a husband and 2 kids. Which doesn't mean that she's not a lesbian, but she'd be a closeted one. Which would make her blackmailable.

by Anonymousreply 243March 18, 2020 12:59 PM

I don't think Biden will choose Kamala after she taunted him with that "I was on that bus" bit during the debates.

by Anonymousreply 244March 18, 2020 4:28 PM

I don't see any of the former female presidential candidates willing to cooperate with Biden. Warren, Harris and Klobucgar all seem too controlling to take a VP seat after losing the presidential run.

by Anonymousreply 245March 18, 2020 4:32 PM

[quote]Warren, Harris and Klobucgar all seem too controlling to take a VP seat after losing the presidential run.

Warren...no. She's too controlling and would go rogue. But I think Harris or Klobuchar would play nice, knowing that being a solid VP automatically makes them the frontrunner for 2024.

by Anonymousreply 246March 18, 2020 4:46 PM

R246, I agree, though I don't know that they're otherwise good picks. Men don't like Harris's nasal voice and supposed "attitude." Amy has a problem with her history of abusing staff.

by Anonymousreply 247March 18, 2020 4:48 PM

Totally agree, R247. I happen to like Harris fine, but straight men apparently hate her.

And Amy also has that Myon Burrell problem, which will haunt her and invite BLM protests at every appearance. Thank god. I know some people like her, but I find her so off-putting, I would have to do mental gymnastics to make myself vote for a Biden/Klob ticket.

I would do it, but it would take a lot of inner work to get me there.

by Anonymousreply 248March 18, 2020 5:33 PM

Betty White

by Anonymousreply 249March 18, 2020 5:38 PM

[quote]And Amy also has that Myon Burrell problem, which will haunt her and invite BLM protests at every appearance.

It's not a problem. The conviction she got against him was thrown out. He was then tried again by a different prosecutor, and was convicted again. He's not in prison because of her, he's in prison because he killed a black child.

by Anonymousreply 250March 18, 2020 5:46 PM

Biden was asked several months ago who he would consider for VP and he said Stacey Abrams and Sally Yates. I don't think he'd really pick Abrams because she is not ready to step into the presidency at a moment's notice. I think he really wants Yates, but may feel compelled to pick Harris or Klobuchar.

by Anonymousreply 251March 18, 2020 6:03 PM

Wrong, R250. She touted that story repeatedly in her campaign, using it to illustrate that she cares about black people because she sought justice for the child. When the facts revealed her bias and lazy-assed prosecution of Burrell, for whom the evidence was weak, contradictory, and largely procured from other suspects and jailhouse snitches who stood to gain from Burrell's conviction, she shut up about it.

Then after she dropped out, hoping for a VP spot with Biden, she called for a reopening of the case.

Regardless that her conviction was rightly thrown out, the reason Burrell was re-tried and lost is that Amy's failure to do an adequate investigation left her successor in the DA's office with the easy task of cleaning up the so-called technicalities in Burrell's first trial and convincing a jury Amy's team was correct when they accepted a lazy police investigation without looking closely at the matter.

Even more problematic for Amy is that Burrell's attorney recently told the NY Times Amy wasn't even all that involved in the case and appeared not to pay much attention to it. She simply allowed her deputies to prosecute as they saw fit. Until she chose to run for president and wanted to take credit for putting Burrell in prison, so she began to tell the story as if she was the crusader who wanted and achieved justice for the poor little child who was killed.

She would like to wash her hands of him, but it's too late, Lady Macbeth. That stain won't come off.

by Anonymousreply 252March 18, 2020 6:04 PM

[quote]Regardless that her conviction was rightly thrown out, the reason Burrell was re-tried and lost is that Amy's failure to do an adequate investigation left her successor in the DA's office with the easy task of cleaning up the so-called technicalities in Burrell's first trial and convincing a jury Amy's team was correct when they accepted a lazy police investigation without looking closely at the matter.

That's an awful lot of mental gymnastics. Klobuchar didn't even work in the State's Attorney's office (she had already been elected to the Senate) when Burrell had his second trial and was found guilty for the second time.

This story reeks of Black Lives Matter's defense of Michael Brown: he was just a good boy who had his hands up and was running away...just ignore the fact that he had just committed a robbery and was charging a cop like a bull when he was shot.

by Anonymousreply 253March 18, 2020 6:15 PM

BLM isn't interested in nuance: if you're a prosector, and you ever sent a black kid to jail, you're enemy #1 and they'll destroy you.

by Anonymousreply 254March 18, 2020 6:17 PM

R253, you haven't even read about the case much, have you? If you bothered to look at any sources that aren't backing Amy, there are tons of details that support the idea Burrell should never have been charged.

And you seem to be wilfully ignorant about the fact that even after Amy wasn't in that office, when his conviction was thrown out, the new prosecutor had a super easy time getting him convicted again, because it was easy to convince the jury the initial conviction was righteous and was only thrown out "on a technicality."

Don't take my word for it, listen to Amy. She told that story to too many audiences for her now to credibly blame the prosecutor who followed her in office.

But dream on, if you like Amy. Enormous numbers of Democrats of all colors hate her. She will not be an asset for Biden and will not help him win. People like you think he has the black vote sewn up, but if Biden wants to win, he cannot dangle the idea of a black, female VP candidate to voters before the primaries and then kick black people in the teeth with Amy Klobuchar and still expect them to vote for him. Some will, of course, but not all. Not by a long shot.

by Anonymousreply 255March 18, 2020 6:25 PM

[quote]teenage boys will stop masturbating.

No one cleared that with us.

by Anonymousreply 256March 18, 2020 6:35 PM

[quote] straight men apparently hate her.

Straight men seem to be threatened by any woman with strength, intelligence and leadership qualities. If it keeps them cowering, I'm all for it.

by Anonymousreply 257March 18, 2020 7:35 PM

Really, R257? So any Independents or Obama/Trump voters who happen to be male should sit out the election or vote for Trump, just because you want them to cower at the thought of Amy being VP?

You might get your way, and if so, it won't be the first time Democrats have snatched defeat from the jaws of victory.

by Anonymousreply 258March 18, 2020 7:51 PM

Let me get this straight - straight men "hate" Kamala, but somehow love Liz and Amy? I'm not buying any of the above.

by Anonymousreply 259March 18, 2020 7:51 PM

Most men I've seen like Kamala and find her sexy and charming. Ari Melber and Chris Matthews were practically jerking off while interviewing her. Obama also had the hots for her.

by Anonymousreply 260March 18, 2020 7:53 PM

When Politico r239 put Kamala as the #1 VP pick for Biden, I didn't understand why, especially since she attacked him hard in one of the debates.

But then I didn't know how close she was to Biden's son.

The following is from CNN (not sure the link will post). Article titled "The Once Tense Biden-Harris Relationship Comes Full Circle With Endorsement"

[quote] "I got to know Joe through Beau," Harris said, describing their bond as "such a special relationship between a father and his son."

[quote]"He spoke with so much love about the father that raised the man who he was," Harris said of Beau. "I know Joe. And that is why I am supporting him."

[quote] Harris, in her pre-campaign memoir "The Truths We Hold," referred to Beau Biden as "an incredible friend and colleague" who had the "principle and courage" to take on banks that were largely organized in Delaware. "There were periods, when I was taking heat, when Beau and I talked every day, sometimes multiple times a day," Harris write. "We had each other's backs."

[quote] Harris continued to remember Beau, even after his death. She marked the anniversary of his passing during the presidential campaign, tweeting that she was thinking of "the entire Biden family today" on May 30.

[quote] "Four years after his passing, I still miss him," she wrote.

So, I'm not saying she's out of the question as VP. Biden said he wants a VP to work as closely with the him as he did with Obama. And Kamala's got him by the heart, so who knows?

by Anonymousreply 261March 18, 2020 8:29 PM

What about Val Demings? Smarter than Abrams (IMO) and as tough as Harris. Plus she comes from a swing state (FL).

by Anonymousreply 262March 18, 2020 8:31 PM

ME ME ME!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 263March 18, 2020 8:32 PM

Martha Raye would make a great VP

by Anonymousreply 264March 19, 2020 12:59 AM

Lots of straight guys like nasally JAPS, if they are attractive. Amy is attractive and nasally. These things are personality contests and I don't mind her personality at all.

by Anonymousreply 265March 19, 2020 1:08 AM

I'm so on board with Sally Yates

by Anonymousreply 266March 19, 2020 4:00 AM

[quote] Most men I've seen like Kamala and find her sexy and charming. Ari Melber and Chris Matthews were practically jerking off while interviewing her. Obama also had the hots for her.

That means they want to fuck her, not that they want to vote for her.

by Anonymousreply 267March 19, 2020 1:14 PM

[quote] Former acting Attorney General Sally Yates is a fun name to bat around, but getting fired by Donald Trump is not a qualification to be a COVID-19 diagnosis away from being commander in chief.

Makes sense.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 268March 19, 2020 1:54 PM

It’s going to be Stacey.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 269March 22, 2020 5:11 AM

Damn, I hope not.

by Anonymousreply 270March 22, 2020 3:17 PM

With the leadership Andrew Cuomo is showing now, I would hope in this time of national peril Biden would show true leadership by picking him & not merely checking a box. Better yet, the party should turn to Cuomo as its presidential nominee.

by Anonymousreply 271March 22, 2020 3:22 PM

If the extreme measures taken so far by Cuomo (age 62) and Calif Gov. Gavin Newsom (age 52) succeed, both can be seriously considered as candidates for Pres and/or VP in 2024.

by Anonymousreply 272March 22, 2020 4:27 PM

I actually saw a couple deplorables on Facebook praising Cuomo a few days ago. I'm not sure if they would be willing to vote for him in an election though.

by Anonymousreply 273March 22, 2020 4:30 PM

It really should be a person of color.

by Anonymousreply 274March 22, 2020 4:32 PM

Give it 4 years, R273 -- assuming those deplorables survive that long.

by Anonymousreply 275March 22, 2020 4:33 PM

[quote]It really should be a person of color.

No, it shouldn’t be.

He already promised a POC Supreme Court nominee. That’s enough.

by Anonymousreply 276March 22, 2020 4:35 PM

Biden should not have played the Identity Politics card so fast. Now Andrew Cuomo can't be considered. A fatal flaw for Biden. Cuomo would have put him over the top everywhere.

by Anonymousreply 277March 22, 2020 11:15 PM

Stacey Abrams needs her tooth gap fixed before she's ready to be on anyone's presidential ticket.

by Anonymousreply 278March 22, 2020 11:16 PM

[quote]Biden should not have played the Identity Politics card so fast. Now Andrew Cuomo can't be considered. A fatal flaw for Biden. Cuomo would have put him over the top everywhere.

Democrats never learned to stop playing Identity Politics. It always backfires on them. Most people in the real world want the best person for the job, not a token candidate being forced on everyone.

by Anonymousreply 279March 22, 2020 11:30 PM

Choosing Klobuchar would be the equivalent of Hillary choosing Tim Kaine, which was a fatal mistake. It needs to be either Warren or Yates. Abrams doesn't have the experience yet to be in that important a position.

by Anonymousreply 280March 23, 2020 2:08 AM

Let's dress Andrew Cuomo up in a wig and dress and present him to Biden, with those cataracts he won't even notice

by Anonymousreply 281March 23, 2020 2:25 AM

Why do people bring up Sally Yates? Has she ever held an elective position besides a position she was appointed to?

by Anonymousreply 282March 23, 2020 4:13 AM

What difference does it make if she was elected? She held a very high, very important government position and was excellent at her job. She performed brilliantly in a time of great pressure and behaved nobly and admirably as it ended and afterwards. Why WOULDN"T somebody bring up Sally Yates?

by Anonymousreply 283March 23, 2020 6:56 AM

Andrew Cuomo is also from New York, therefore wouldn't have brought anything to the ticket in terms of demographic appeal.

by Anonymousreply 284March 23, 2020 8:12 AM

Has consulted Obama. Process getting going.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 285March 23, 2020 9:36 PM

Obama is going to recommend Duval Patrick.

by Anonymousreply 286March 23, 2020 10:49 PM

I'd choose Mayor Pete as VP. Yeah, he's not an African-American nor a woman, but I think he'd be a good pick.

If not Pete than Andrew Cuomo, as has been trending. Talk about a leader in a time of crisis.

by Anonymousreply 287March 24, 2020 12:03 AM

R283, because in a field of around 25 people who sought the Democratic nomination and were willing to put their ideas and qualifications into the public record and be scrutinized, she wasn't among them. The others were willing to stand on a debate stage and promote and defend their ability to run the country.

Why should we expect her to be more qualified than any of them? She's another Tim Kaine, someone who would probably be competent in the oval office, but who most voters don't know or care about.

I like her a lot, and I'm impressed with her integrity and ability and brains, but I already have to vote for Biden, who is too old, in mental and physical decline, out of touch with modern life, and who does not have a vision for the next era in America and the world.

At the very least we need a candidate for VP who believes she would be the best person in the world to be president, something that is clearly not true, or she would have been among the candidates we've been following for the past several months.

by Anonymousreply 288March 24, 2020 12:06 AM

Andrew Gillum but now that dream is over

by Anonymousreply 289March 24, 2020 12:07 AM

Thank god, R289.

by Anonymousreply 290March 24, 2020 12:08 AM

It might be a little too early to choose Cuomo anyway. I mean New York might not be well enough recovered by the time the VP candidate is expected to focus on campaign season.

by Anonymousreply 291March 24, 2020 12:48 AM

Andrew Gillum is just a messier John Edwards. Two egocentric men who should have never run for elected office but were too selfish to care about the hopes and dreams of the voters who were putting their futures in their hands.

by Anonymousreply 292March 24, 2020 12:48 AM

I’m fine with whomever Obama thinks would be best.

by Anonymousreply 293March 24, 2020 5:00 AM

Cuomo would never agree to be VP. He might run for president but his caustic personality would prevent him from ever winning I think.

by Anonymousreply 294March 24, 2020 7:17 AM

Someone said Andrew Cuomo's love life is as messy as Gavin Newsom's

by Anonymousreply 295March 24, 2020 2:12 PM

Biden is talking to Nicole Wallace on her MSNBC show, and I must say, I'm disappointed in him, as he didn't mention anything about himself, showed empathy and feelings toward others, spoke coherently with ideas and ways to move forward while tackling this pandemic.

Not something we're used to from a President... was actually weird hearing him speak like a President should.

Sarcasm (in case you were wondering).

Personally I think, after what we've all experienced, and continue to experience from the fool in the White House, Biden will be a good President, and will remind us all what normalcy is like and what having someone capable of handling the job as Commander in Chief is like.

by Anonymousreply 296March 24, 2020 8:20 PM

Brian Williams did an interview with New Mexico governor Michelle Lujan Grisham last night and I was very impressed. I had never seen her before. She's smart, charismatic and young. She needs to be in Biden's top 3 for consideration.

by Anonymousreply 297March 24, 2020 8:28 PM

If he's picking a Governor... it should be Whitmer.

by Anonymousreply 298March 24, 2020 8:40 PM

R298 Agreed. I saw her on one of the shows last week and was very impressed. I kept thinking that I was watching the next VP.

by Anonymousreply 299March 24, 2020 8:44 PM

Microsoft News Poll

Who do you think Joe Biden will select as his running mate?

Catherine Cortez Masto = 15%

Kamala Harris = 29%

Amy Klobuchar = 23%

Gretchen Whitmer = 3%

Val Demings = 2%

Someone else = 12%

Not sure / no opinion = 15%

Based on 5,920 responses. Snapshot of real-time results.

by Anonymousreply 300March 26, 2020 11:56 PM

Both those women are white. Biden must pick a WOC, he owes them.

by Anonymousreply 301March 27, 2020 12:25 AM

Kamala. Not Stacy Abrams.

by Anonymousreply 302March 27, 2020 12:29 AM

[quote]Both those women are white. Biden must pick a WOC, he owes them.

Newsflash: He's going to be picking a white woman.

by Anonymousreply 303March 27, 2020 12:30 AM

It better not by Amy, can't stand that B*tch.

by Anonymousreply 304March 27, 2020 12:31 AM

How about a moderate Republican female??????????????????

That would be a strong way to go.

by Anonymousreply 305March 27, 2020 1:01 AM

I think Joe was impressed by Amy on the stage there with him. She's from a blue collar background like him. They probably get along well together.

by Anonymousreply 306March 27, 2020 1:06 AM

If Harris chooses to go the Supreme Court route rather than VP, it will likely by Amy.....but my money is on Kamala otherwise.

by Anonymousreply 307March 27, 2020 6:12 PM

Apparently there is a Senator from Nevada who is a stealth candidate. She is Hispanic and quite normal, unlike Alexandria Ocasio Cortez, who wants to have taxpayers give money to every single illegal alien in the USA. That would work out well. Half of Nicaragua and all of Honduras would be here within 48 hours.

by Anonymousreply 308March 27, 2020 6:19 PM

A "moderate Republican female" R305?? LMAO! Talk about searching for a unicorn..

by Anonymousreply 309March 27, 2020 6:20 PM

[quote]If Harris chooses to go the Supreme Court route rather than VP

Harris doesn’t get to “choose”. She has to be nominated by the President, and then confirmed by the Senate.

by Anonymousreply 310March 27, 2020 7:30 PM

Obviously we all know how that works, R310. Biden could offer both possibilities - but Harris can only go in one direction or the other. His hints about the criteria for his VP and even more so for his future Supreme Court nominee (if he is elected) - point strongly toward Kamala.

by Anonymousreply 311March 27, 2020 7:55 PM

R311, his hints about a SCOTUS pick are nonsense. Bill Clinton openly said he liked the idea of Mario Cuomo on the court, but it didn't happen.

by Anonymousreply 312March 27, 2020 11:43 PM

True, R312. But I've always read that it was Cuomo's fault he wasn't nominated. As I understand it, he was Clinton's first choice but he dithered and kept changing his mind about whether to accept until Clinton lost patience and chose Ginsberg.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 313March 28, 2020 1:32 PM

Everything has changed. What we need as a President (or Veep who could very easily become President) is now different. We will be dealing with this virus off and on for years. This crisis calls for a different skill set than what most politicians have. We need a strong organizer, motivator, who understands how the government agencies and the military work. Someone who doesn't make decisions based on politics. Someone who can kick ass. Biden has got to think bigger.

by Anonymousreply 314March 28, 2020 1:40 PM

[quote] If Harris chooses to go the Supreme Court route rather than VP

LOL...you have an interesting notion of how things work.

by Anonymousreply 315March 28, 2020 1:45 PM

Catherine Cortez Masto is my Senator. Nevada is a blue state and will remain that way since more Californians like me are moving to Nevada.

Kamala Harris is a liberal liability and worthless in the midwest and south.

Amy has no pulse.

Whitmer is in a must-win battleground state. Trump is afraid of her.

by Anonymousreply 316March 29, 2020 11:33 PM

Amy has no pulse.

Truly, LOL.

by Anonymousreply 317March 30, 2020 12:12 AM

[quote]Whitmer is in a must-win battleground state. Trump is afraid of her.

Trump has already given her a nickname: "Governor Gretchen Half-Whit-mer."

by Anonymousreply 318March 30, 2020 12:31 AM

^ I know. And he's terrified she could screw him in Michigan.

by Anonymousreply 319March 30, 2020 4:47 AM

I love that Trump keeps referring to Whitmer as "the female governor," as if she were the only one ever. (There are currently nine female governors, and there have been forty-four.)

by Anonymousreply 320March 30, 2020 5:10 AM

Biden may go with Grisham because she's Hispanic--he's strong with blacks, but not strong with Hispanics yet.

But I think it's more likely he'll go with Harris.

by Anonymousreply 321March 30, 2020 5:13 AM

Grisham brings nothing to the table. NM is a safe state. Blacks would feel alienated. His running mate must be a white woman.

by Anonymousreply 322March 30, 2020 7:49 AM

[quote] It needs to be either Warren or Yates. Abrams doesn't have the experience yet to be in that important a position.

I'd love either of these choices.

Also I was happy that Warren got the credit for helping tear through some of the hidden red tape the Republicans put up while dealing with the stimulus.

That fact that she was specifically asked for her help and got the credit for it means she's clearly established herself as a possibility for at the least Treasury. Anyone would be a fool not to choose her for that.

by Anonymousreply 323March 30, 2020 7:54 AM

R12 poor Chelsea.

by Anonymousreply 324March 30, 2020 10:24 AM

I hope the campaign is vetting right now. I'd like an announcement sooner rather than later, so there's something to be excited about.

by Anonymousreply 325March 30, 2020 4:48 PM

Biden is about to do an interview on MSNBC with Yasmin “Perma-Bitch-Face” Vessoughian.

by Anonymousreply 326March 30, 2020 6:01 PM

Warren would annoy Biden. She needs to stay in the Senate. Massachusetts has a GOP Governor who would appoint a Republican to replace her. Sally Yates is a lawyer, not a politician. She should go back to the DOJ as AG.

by Anonymousreply 327March 30, 2020 8:38 PM

This is true. Whereas Kamala is from a blue state with a liberal governor who would replace her with a Democrat.

by Anonymousreply 328March 30, 2020 8:42 PM

What would Stacey Abrams be replaced with?

by Anonymousreply 329March 30, 2020 8:57 PM

^ Nothing. She has zero experience.

by Anonymousreply 330March 30, 2020 9:02 PM

I think it would be okay if he just said, look, the country has been through a crisis since that announcement and after Cuomo demonstrated exemplary leadership, we decided he would be a great VP. But I don't know why we assume Cuomo himself wants to drop NY right now and join the ticket.

by Anonymousreply 331March 30, 2020 9:19 PM

(I mean that in response to the comments about Cuomo although no one in this thread has mentioned him recently. I'm neither for or against it in particular)

by Anonymousreply 332March 30, 2020 9:20 PM

I think it will be Amy. She’s not directly involved in the Covid crisis, other than Senate votes. She’ll have plenty of time to be on the campaign trail this summer and fall.

by Anonymousreply 333March 30, 2020 9:40 PM

BIden will be in deep shit with that female black community if he picks either Warren or Yates for VP. They will not be pleased by his picking a WHITE woman as VP when there are plenty of AA females to pick from.

If Biden is that tone deaf I cringe at his chances at winning this election.

by Anonymousreply 334March 31, 2020 1:34 AM

Biden has promised to appoint a black woman to the Supreme Court. That takes care of his obligation to the black community.

by Anonymousreply 335March 31, 2020 1:35 AM

r335, you sound like you don't even think he should have one.

by Anonymousreply 336March 31, 2020 1:37 AM

If Biden doesn't have a transgender woman in his top 5 than he's going to get major backlash over it and it could cost him the electoral college. Danica Roem of Virgina should be among his top 3.

by Anonymousreply 337March 31, 2020 1:54 AM

No black woman is qualified to be VP right now. Not Abrams, not Harris, not Demings, not...

by Anonymousreply 338March 31, 2020 2:16 AM

R338 - Harris is "not qualified to be VP"? Please..

by Anonymousreply 339March 31, 2020 3:45 AM

R339 Yes, Kamala knows the law, but not politics. She was a terrible candidate running on coastal liberal causes like Dreamers, Sanctuary Cities, and Gender Pronouns. She couldn't read the room. She's awkward talking about anything that's not directly related to San Francisco leaning issues. She's a first-term Senator. The best thing she did was drop out of her campaign early.

by Anonymousreply 340March 31, 2020 4:53 AM

I’m fine with Amy. She’s very Midwestern and makes something common there called hot dishes. It’s something with tater tots.

by Anonymousreply 341March 31, 2020 4:58 AM

Biden definitely is indebted to the black community, but I don't think that means he necessarily has to appoint a black woman as VP especially when he has already promised a black female appointee to the Supreme Court. Now if Michelle Obama agreed to be his VP, I'd be all for it.

by Anonymousreply 342March 31, 2020 6:05 AM

[quote]BIden will be in deep shit with that female black community if he picks either Warren or Yates for VP.

They won't care if the person is right or are you a black female or even a black person who is attuned to their wants and needs?

[quote]has already promised a black female appointee to the Supreme Court

Yes. He VERY clearly said black woman to the Supreme Court. He did not say that for VP. I think it's clear that he has an idea of who he wants and he won't commit to the person being black because his choices aren't.

by Anonymousreply 343March 31, 2020 5:39 PM

Probably Loretta Lynch.

by Anonymousreply 344March 31, 2020 7:22 PM

He’s on CNN now... speaking sensibly, calmly... he’s fully in command of what he has to say.

by Anonymousreply 345March 31, 2020 7:52 PM

Hill.com 4/21/2020

[quote] Biden says he would pick Michelle Obama as running mate 'in a heartbeat'

[quote] Biden, however, said that he doesn’t think she is interested in the position.

[quote] “I don’t think she has any desire to live near the White House again,” he said.

Someone needs to tell her that incredibly difficult times require difficult sacrifices.

by Anonymousreply 346April 21, 2020 5:15 PM

Give up the Michelle Obama shit already, she's not interested.

by Anonymousreply 347April 22, 2020 2:10 AM

What about Ocasio-Cortez?

by Anonymousreply 348April 22, 2020 2:12 AM

Too young r348.

by Anonymousreply 349April 22, 2020 2:23 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 350April 22, 2020 3:25 AM

Katie Porter?

by Anonymousreply 351April 22, 2020 7:53 AM

Katie Porter?

by Anonymousreply 352April 22, 2020 7:53 AM

[quote]Someone needs to tell her that incredibly difficult times require difficult sacrifices.

She gave the country 8 years of her life while dealing with being called an "ape" and other horrible names, her children being threatened and racists burning dolls made to look like her husband while they were all called the "n-word."

She also clearly stated that she doesn't even like politics, she just happened to be married to a man who did.

Michelle did her time on "Maple Drive" and I don't blame her at all for not going back. None of the former first ladies had to deal with what she did.

The rest is up to us now.

by Anonymousreply 353April 22, 2020 8:17 AM

Katie Porter might be interesting as Warren's protege - much younger and she interviews well. However, she's so new to politics, and she was an Orange County flip.

Warren might not be a good idea, if Dems want to win the Senate. MA's governor is GOP and will probably select a replacement who'll be moderate but will still vote with his party.

by Anonymousreply 354April 22, 2020 2:23 PM

Biden said on The Late Show last night that he wants a person that comes from a (different background) then he does and that’ll he’ll be announcing his “team” that’ll do background checks on the VP candidates before May 1st and that he will announce his VP around July

That appears to eliminate Warren, Klobuchar and Whitmer. It moves Harris, Abrams and Cortes-Mastro to the front of the pack.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 355April 22, 2020 4:48 PM

Abrams, Harris, Warren are non-starters.

by Anonymousreply 356April 23, 2020 1:11 AM

[quote]That appears to eliminate Warren, Klobuchar and Whitmer. It moves Harris, Abrams and Cortes-Mastro to the front of the pack.

Different background could mean different political views (ie. not a centrist). Grew up in a different place. Hopefully he doesn't mean a Republican.

We'll see soon enough.

by Anonymousreply 357April 23, 2020 3:19 AM

Different background could mean a military background. It could mean anything really.

by Anonymousreply 358April 23, 2020 3:30 AM

[quote] Different background could mean a military background.

Yes. Yes it could.

by Anonymousreply 359April 23, 2020 4:05 AM

He'll talk Michelle Obama into it.

by Anonymousreply 360April 23, 2020 6:39 AM

[quote] Hopefully he doesn't mean a Republican.

I'd tend to agree, except for Bill Weld! He's 74 but young at heart -- yet coherent!

by Anonymousreply 361April 24, 2020 12:45 PM

Abrams is shamefully lobbying for the VP job.

by Anonymousreply 362April 26, 2020 7:25 AM

The Bernie Bros want Nina Turner.

by Anonymousreply 363April 26, 2020 7:36 AM

The Bernie Bros can go FUCK themselves.

Nina Turner voted for Jill Stein over Hillary Clinton in 2016, that should disqualify her forever.

by Anonymousreply 364April 27, 2020 12:35 AM

With no chance for delegates in NY, Bernie Bros, have no fucking say over anything now.

by Anonymousreply 365April 27, 2020 8:50 PM

He'll get some from NY R365 but it will be a nearly 70/30 margin for Biden/Sanders. What is really going to cream Sanders are those 80+ margins where he won't make viability in upcoming red states or purple states. Add up PA and that lot in the upcoming primaries and I doubt Bernie breaks 1050 delegates.

by Anonymousreply 366May 15, 2020 7:13 AM

I've seen the name of Janet Napolitano thrown out a couple of times. She would make sense on so many levels. State experience as attorney general & Governor. Federal experience as a member of Obama's cabinet in an important post, Homeland Security. By all accounts, had a strong working & personal relationship with Biden. And she's from Arizona, a very critical state.

by Anonymousreply 367May 16, 2020 1:48 AM

no way will he ask that bull dyke

by Anonymousreply 368May 16, 2020 2:54 AM

[quote]MA's governor is GOP and will probably select a replacement who'll be moderate but will still vote with his party

Not an issue there. Dem majority Statehouse can pass legislation that he should appoint a replacement from the same party as Warren.

by Anonymousreply 369May 16, 2020 3:18 AM

Napolitano's health is iffy -- she's only 62 but has had cancer twice (not sure which kind). Biden himself has had health problems (brain aneurysms) and is 77. He needs a YOUNG and HEALTHY veep -- that's more important than the VP's sex, color, or politics.

by Anonymousreply 370May 16, 2020 3:47 AM

I saw Kamala Harris on tv a couple of days ago and she seemed....strange. She really looked odd and seemed to have trouble speaking. Anybody else notice this?

by Anonymousreply 371May 16, 2020 8:49 PM

Biden should not be appearing with Stacey Abrams anywhere. It's a terrible tease and she is not qualified.

by Anonymousreply 372May 17, 2020 3:02 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!