Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

"Comfort food" TV shows: what do you watch to soothe you in times of high stress/anxiety?

Are there any TV shows you watch (especially reruns) just because they make you feel comforted, calmed, etc., during trying times?

For me, it's HGTV. For some reason, watching a renovation or home-buying show is weirdly relaxing.

Go!

by Anonymousreply 137March 26, 2020 7:01 PM

House Hunters International just won’t be the same when I think of all the old folks who were left to die in those apartments...

by Anonymousreply 1March 15, 2020 2:38 PM

Golden Girls kind of goes without saying, I suppose. Old game shows on Youtube. 90 Day Fiance for schadenfreude.

by Anonymousreply 2March 15, 2020 2:45 PM

Hazel, Bewitched. Anything on MeTV.

by Anonymousreply 3March 15, 2020 2:48 PM

I started watching The Young & the Restless again last year because of the new Adam. I'm comforted, I suppose, by the way parts of it take me back to younger days. I stopped watching it after they got rid of Lynn Marie Latham, who made the best version of the show that ever existed. I enjoy the older characters (except for Phyllis, whom I wish someone would kill). I loved this week's scenes between Nikki and Sharon.

But most of it is yutzerim like Duh-VONN, Aman-DUH, LoKySuTh, and the horrid Abby. I FF through a lot.

by Anonymousreply 4March 15, 2020 2:57 PM

Bob's Burgers

by Anonymousreply 5March 15, 2020 3:00 PM

Bewitched, S1-S5 - the York Years

Little House on the Prairie, the pre-Albert years

Old game shows: What's My Line, Match Game

Hazel, the pre-Steve and Barbara years

by Anonymousreply 6March 15, 2020 3:01 PM

The Office.

by Anonymousreply 7March 15, 2020 3:14 PM

Frazier

by Anonymousreply 8March 15, 2020 3:16 PM

^^^ FraSier, ugh

by Anonymousreply 9March 15, 2020 3:17 PM

The first six seasons of American Dad, any Frasier, old Simpsons seasons 2 through about the Hank Scorpio episode, Bob's Burgers, Batman The Animated Series, Police Squad! and Looney Tunes.

by Anonymousreply 10March 15, 2020 3:21 PM

My local PBS often airs Downton Abbey on Sundays, 12-5, makes for a nice afternoon.

by Anonymousreply 11March 15, 2020 3:25 PM

When Dump45 was "elected" I went into a self-protective bubble and rewatched ALL the seasons of so many shows, just to quell my revulsion/terror and to dull the reality of his existence. I watched 30 Rock, Parks and Rec, Dick Van Dyke Show, Sopranos, The Wire, Mary Tyler Moore Show, Seinfeld, All in the Family, Golden Girls, Peep Show, and probably a few more I can't remember right now. Currently I'm going through Bewitched because I am studying Endora's looks for Mardi Gras costuming ideas, so focusing on episodes with E in them rather than watching all. I feel like doing the same now.

I bet streaming companies are going to profit the most from this stay at home phase.

by Anonymousreply 12March 15, 2020 3:32 PM

Frasier. I never saw this series in real time, only in repeats. And now I seek it out. I love the cast, I find them all very comfortable and comforting. I want to live among them...

by Anonymousreply 13March 15, 2020 3:46 PM

The IT Crowd. I can’t decide which character I like best.

by Anonymousreply 14March 15, 2020 3:48 PM

I second “Parks and Rec.”

I didn’t find it “edgy” enough the first time around, but love it on re-watch. I basically have it in 24 hours a day. I find it very comforting, like being with old friends.

It might make you feel better.

by Anonymousreply 15March 15, 2020 3:50 PM

On you tube Escape to the country ( house hunting in the english countryside) and Come Dine With Me ( dinner party competition). These are both escapist tonics for me.

by Anonymousreply 16March 15, 2020 3:53 PM

Hart to Hart. I fucking love Hart to Hart.

by Anonymousreply 17March 15, 2020 4:06 PM

This will sound weird but I'm watching Generation Kill. It's a short mini-series about the taking of Fallujah by the USMC but the cast is great! Lots of humor -- can't explain why it feels so comfortable for me but it does. Maybe because the men are so fucking manly!

by Anonymousreply 18March 15, 2020 4:16 PM

It periodically changes, but I seem to return to Planet Earth (and it's subsequent seasons and iterations).

by Anonymousreply 19March 15, 2020 4:17 PM

Family Affair, the bonus being the opening theme music.

I think a lot of the older shows' theme music/songs provide a happy little feeling.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20March 15, 2020 4:21 PM

That's because of 9.11, the aftermath of which coincided with Mindy Paige Davis and that home switching redecoration show, OP.

by Anonymousreply 21March 15, 2020 4:35 PM

Trading Spaces. The name escaped me for awhile.

The one that always had a hot gay carpenter

by Anonymousreply 22March 15, 2020 4:36 PM

Lots of great, comforting shows here! Keep 'em coming. :-)

Also, I forgot about "The Great British Baking Show." That's another one I can rewatch to relax.

by Anonymousreply 23March 15, 2020 4:40 PM

I never watched it while it was current, but “This 70’s Show” is actually funny.

by Anonymousreply 24March 15, 2020 4:46 PM

The Nanny.

by Anonymousreply 25March 15, 2020 4:47 PM

Goodness Gracious Me!

by Anonymousreply 26March 15, 2020 4:48 PM

WHET to Ty Pennington and Carter Oosterhouse?

by Anonymousreply 27March 15, 2020 4:49 PM

[quote]WHET to Ty Pennington and Carter Oosterhouse?

In my imagination, they've finally confessed their love for each other and are living quietly on a farm in the country building crap during the day and having hot, sweaty sex at night.

by Anonymousreply 28March 15, 2020 5:00 PM

DecadesTV, from the MeTV folks - spent the better part of yesterday lost in a Police Woman marathon.

Earl Holliman was one fucking hot daddy. Woof

by Anonymousreply 29March 15, 2020 5:02 PM

Ab Fab for me ... esp Seasons 1-3 but Ill watch the later ones in a pinch ...

by Anonymousreply 30March 15, 2020 5:07 PM

first and foremost : mothership Law and Order

Buffy the Vampire Slayer

The Nanny

Golden Girls

Fresh Prince of Belair

Frasier

Supernatural

and I just binged The Facts of Life

by Anonymousreply 31March 15, 2020 5:08 PM

Facts of Life, Golden Girls, Brady Bunch, Roseanne

by Anonymousreply 32March 15, 2020 5:10 PM

I'm actually catching up on the oeuvres of great directors. I've watched four Kubrick films in the last two days. Re-watching "The Shining" right now.

As for TV shows, I love old Japanime cartoons from the 80s. There are entire series of Alice in Wonderland, The LIttle Prince, Hello Kitty and Strawberry Shortcake. The Smurfs are super-comforting, too. And claymation! The Wind in the Willows is fantastic.

by Anonymousreply 33March 15, 2020 5:14 PM

I don't watch a lot of TV, but I do enjoy watching people build and fix things on YouTube.

by Anonymousreply 34March 15, 2020 5:17 PM

Brooklyn Nine-Nine was pure fun and had LGBT characters. I miss it.

by Anonymousreply 35March 15, 2020 5:30 PM

Person of Interest - I'm streaming it now.

by Anonymousreply 36March 15, 2020 9:42 PM

Yes, R16, I came here to post "Escape to the Country," too!

by Anonymousreply 37March 15, 2020 9:52 PM

Pet rescue and vet shows. I particularly recommend Dr T Texas Vet and Dr. K’s Exotic Animal ER.

by Anonymousreply 38March 15, 2020 10:27 PM

Futurama for me. I didn't watch it when it was first on but it's a great show to chill out to. So are Bob's Burgers, The Simpsons, American Dad, and other cartoons made for adults.

by Anonymousreply 39March 15, 2020 10:47 PM

30 Rock. Mad Men. Comedians In Cars Getting Coffee. Portlandia. It's been a while since I re-watched all of the Hannibal TV series, so I think that's next in line. It might not be comforting, but it's engrossing, and I need the distraction.

I'm going to physically queue up a lot of old movies on DVDs, too. When I was younger I re-watched my favorites on VHS and then DVD, almost daily.

by Anonymousreply 40March 15, 2020 11:12 PM

Brothers & Sisters seasons one and two. Can’t get enough of Nora’s kitchen. And all the wine drinking.

by Anonymousreply 41March 15, 2020 11:21 PM

What’s My Line

Cooking shows - any of them

Jeeves and Wooster

by Anonymousreply 42March 15, 2020 11:42 PM

Colombo, the various iteration of Secrets of the Zoo, anything soothingly voiced by David Attenborough.

by Anonymousreply 43March 16, 2020 12:57 AM

Ugly Delicious on Netflix.

by Anonymousreply 44March 16, 2020 12:59 AM

Mama’s family

by Anonymousreply 45March 16, 2020 1:45 AM

Back in the say I found Sister Wendy talking about great paintings quite soothing. But I cannot find her anywhere now.

by Anonymousreply 46March 16, 2020 1:45 AM

It's still on, R35! They're in the middle of the current season right now! Still on Hulu, too.

by Anonymousreply 47March 16, 2020 7:04 AM

Grey's Anatomy, That '70s Show, Unsolved Mysteries

by Anonymousreply 48March 16, 2020 7:20 AM

R46 there are several good quality Sister Wendy Playlists on YouTube right now. Thanks for bringing her up she was lovely.

by Anonymousreply 49March 16, 2020 10:17 AM

The real housewives franchise. I just love the clothes and the one liners and the fights. It relaxes me as it numbs my brain.

by Anonymousreply 50March 16, 2020 11:15 AM

For R46.

As R49 mentioned, if you search for "sister wendy" on YouTube, you'll find her. :-)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51March 16, 2020 12:15 PM

Star Trek The Next Generation

by Anonymousreply 52March 16, 2020 1:36 PM

Thanks for those suggesting Sister Wendy on YouTube! I have missed her.

by Anonymousreply 53March 16, 2020 1:43 PM

plain air popcorn...I dont want to get fat doing quarantine

by Anonymousreply 54March 16, 2020 1:45 PM

Oh, forgot that I also watched Mad Men again, also love the British Bake Off----sooooo relaxing!

by Anonymousreply 55March 16, 2020 1:45 PM

^^^because Im dyslexic and read upward, air pooped popcorn while watching 90 Day Fiance ^^^^^^

by Anonymousreply 56March 16, 2020 1:46 PM

MST3K

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57March 16, 2020 1:52 PM

Has anyone watched the Great Canadian Bake-Off? Is it as good as the British show?

by Anonymousreply 58March 16, 2020 2:15 PM

Ty did Extreme Makeover Home Edition for 9 seasons. I can't watch that show because it makes me cry every time.

by Anonymousreply 59March 16, 2020 3:02 PM

Criminal Minds - I fast forward thru the scenes of the killer of the week to avoid unpleasantness. The rest is F*R*I*E*N*D*S in the FBI.

by Anonymousreply 60March 16, 2020 3:06 PM

Any dog shows - did a big run of Pit Bulls and Parolees. Also love Lucky Dog.

by Anonymousreply 61March 16, 2020 3:10 PM

Gene Roddenberry insisted that there be essentially no conflicts among the core crew in the plots of Star Trek TNG.

It makes the episodes anodyne yet comforting- they all get along!

by Anonymousreply 62March 16, 2020 3:14 PM

Forensic Files. The bad guys always gets caught in the end.

by Anonymousreply 63March 16, 2020 3:16 PM

[quote]Has anyone watched the Great Canadian Bake-Off? Is it as good as the British show?

Yes, I've watched it. The first seasons, w/ Dan Levy co-hosting, were good, but one of the judges (Rochelle Adonis) was bad. All she ever said to people was a variation on "well done." The actual show itself is very much a carbon copy of the original, format- and tone-wise. I find it just as relaxing.

Bruno, the only original cast member to stay in the most recent season, is good, as is the new judge (Kyla Kennaley). The new co-hosts (Aurora Browne and Carolyn Taylor) are not bad, trying their best to be GBBO's Mel and Sue.

And the casting team has done a pretty good job of finding interesting and diverse bakers.

Give it a shot!

by Anonymousreply 64March 16, 2020 4:05 PM

"Forensic Files. The bad guys always gets caught in the end"

DAMN YOU! Why didn't you post a Spoiler alert?

by Anonymousreply 65March 16, 2020 4:15 PM

Father Brown

by Anonymousreply 66March 16, 2020 4:16 PM

For fans of vintage British TV comedy, Blackadder III, III and IV, Father Ted, and Yonderland if you can find it. Also anything by Stewart Lee or Victoria Wood.

by Anonymousreply 67March 16, 2020 4:21 PM

Perry Mason

by Anonymousreply 68March 16, 2020 4:24 PM

Night Court

by Anonymousreply 69March 16, 2020 4:26 PM

I favour European & British soaps from the 1990s & early 2000s; that specific period before smartphones laptops & tablets & Amazon/Apple/Google tyranny, but after the ubiquity of satellite telly and PCs and personal phones. I suppose shows of that era take me back to that simpler time, still in living memory for most people but not far removed from our own current reality. Those days seems less stressful and miserable somehow, but maybe that’s just a trick of memory. I like foreign soaps especially because the dialogue is interesting to my Anglophile ears, and because Euro culture is so much more relaxed and social and civil (or at least, it was back then..)

One upshot of existing in the here & now, though, is getting to enjoy these soaps over again in an abridged gay-centric format I.e., via streaming playlists that only focus on certain storylines so viewers don’t have to watch filler and full episodes all over again. I’ve rediscovered characters and arcs I loved as a youngster without needing to sit through hundreds of hours of chaff that I didn’t like or care about the first time around in order to get to them.

Currently I’m rewatching the little-known but very charming Swedish youth soap ANDRA AVENYN, with a teen Alicia Vikander in her first major screen role and the very adorable gay pinup Jonas Bane. Before he trained as a Shakespearean actor, Sven Boräng was in a few episodes of the second season also playing a gay role. There’s a sexy moment of him & Jonas shirtless kissing on a piano in the compilation below.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70March 16, 2020 4:27 PM

I can binge through all the seasons of Top Chef and then start back from the beginning and do it all over again.

I used to also find an odd comfort in watching the NBC show, "American Dreams," but it's pretty much no longer available anywhere.

by Anonymousreply 71March 16, 2020 4:44 PM

Why isn't "Night Court" available for streaming?

by Anonymousreply 72March 16, 2020 4:51 PM

I’m rewatching 30 ROCK

by Anonymousreply 73March 16, 2020 4:54 PM

How it's Made on the Science channel. It's video Xanax.

by Anonymousreply 74March 16, 2020 5:07 PM

[quote]I used to also find an odd comfort in watching the NBC show, "American Dreams," but it's pretty much no longer available anywhere.

I used to LOVE that show!!!! And I, too, have tried to find it in recent years, to no avail.

by Anonymousreply 75March 16, 2020 5:11 PM

[quote]I used to also find an odd comfort in watching the NBC show, "American Dreams,"

[quote]I used to LOVE that show!!!!

It was JJ. Watch Will Estes on Blue Bloods (which is still accessible).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 76March 16, 2020 5:17 PM

I just started watching The Repair Shop on Netflix, definitely a stress reducer....and Will is super handsome.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 77March 16, 2020 5:22 PM

R75 I had it on TIVO which I then transferred to DVD... but I have no idea where those discs are now. I think they released the first season on DVD but couldn't get the subsequent ones distributed because of the music licensing.

Did you ever see the 10 minute epilogue they filmed to tie the series up?

by Anonymousreply 78March 16, 2020 5:27 PM

Midsomer Murders, re-watching The Windsors, any funny series or movie, and melodramatic Lifetime for Women types of movies that are too melodramatic and silly to stress me out, and entertaining. Nothing heavy or filled with doom storylines.

by Anonymousreply 79March 16, 2020 5:29 PM

Eddie and Pats!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 80March 16, 2020 5:31 PM

Antiques Roadshow

by Anonymousreply 81March 16, 2020 5:46 PM

[quote]Did you ever see the 10 minute epilogue they filmed to tie the series up?

I don't think so! Or maybe I just can't remember it?

by Anonymousreply 82March 16, 2020 5:48 PM

R82 it was filmed and only shown at like some event. It eventually made its way to Youtube.

Get a tissue!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 83March 16, 2020 5:55 PM

Comfort food TV means only one thing: Ina Garten!

by Anonymousreply 84March 16, 2020 5:59 PM

George to the Rescue.

He seems nice and I want his load.

by Anonymousreply 85March 16, 2020 6:09 PM

OMG, R83, THANK YOU! No, I'd never seen that before, and it brought back so many memories! Sam, Roxanne, Will... wow.

And you're right: I totally teared up watching that. Thank you, again!

by Anonymousreply 86March 16, 2020 6:09 PM

Supernanny

by Anonymousreply 87March 16, 2020 6:11 PM

Another vote for MST3K. Thankfully there are a ton of them and they can be watched multiple times.

by Anonymousreply 88March 16, 2020 6:15 PM

R83 and r86 Why didn't the Pryors run down off the porch to hug Meg? I know her father was an asshole, but her mother?

JJ lived, right?

by Anonymousreply 89March 16, 2020 6:47 PM

In the series finale, Meg chose to leave the family with Chris (played by Milo Ventimiglia!), and Jack (her dad) said he'd disown her if she did. Hence the reserved reaction to her return three years later. My guess is Helen (her mom) was just taking her cues from Jack, but you could tell she desperately wanted to go hug Meg. Jack probably did, too -- he wasn't really an asshole. Just tough.

Such a great show. *sigh*

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 90March 16, 2020 6:58 PM

I thought Jack not rushing to hug Meg and her mother waiting for Jack to leave was perfectly in character for how they acted the entire run of the show.

Jack never addressed anything going on but instead, moved on in silence and would act as though nothing happened. Her mom always took her cues from Jack and did everything after he left the room.

by Anonymousreply 91March 16, 2020 7:00 PM

R88 riffs are great for keeping the spirits up. I like Rifftrax & WeHateMovies, too.

The X-MEN 2 Rifftrax has been giving me the best chucks for fifteen years.

[quote] (As a fight between humans and Xavier’s students threatens to break out in a crowded mall food court, Professor X uses his powers of mind-control to stop everyone's movements) Mike Nelson: Look, if they start walking backwards and stabbing themselves, I'm leaving.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 92March 16, 2020 7:01 PM

Thanks, r90. But Jack was an asshole.

by Anonymousreply 93March 16, 2020 7:01 PM

Damn you R83! I forgot about that show. Had no idea other people on DL would remember it.

I dont know what it is about that show but whenever I watch it or see clips I want to just start bawling. Maybe it has something to do with the soundtrack but it was an excellent show.

by Anonymousreply 94March 16, 2020 7:16 PM

They definitely used music really well, R94. It was one of the best dramas NBC ever produced.

by Anonymousreply 95March 16, 2020 7:18 PM

White Collar

West Wing

Pickers

British Bake Show

British documentaries on former Royals and castles, etc

by Anonymousreply 96March 16, 2020 7:18 PM

You can watch all the Rosemary and Thyme mysteries on Youtube in good quality.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 97March 16, 2020 7:31 PM

o! 3rd Rock from the Sun

by Anonymousreply 98March 16, 2020 8:18 PM

Great British Bake Off is the very definition of comfort television.

Southland

Major Crimes

Frasier

Regular Show

by Anonymousreply 99March 16, 2020 8:35 PM

Another one here for British Bake Off. Mary Berry is my personal hero. A lot of sitcoms. A lot. Wouldn’t be surprised if film and tv production quadruples after this. Netflix and streaming shows are keeping people sane and occupied right now.

R33 where are you watching those shows? I loved the Smurfs! The original animated Tintin series is on Prime and that’s also been working for me.

by Anonymousreply 100March 17, 2020 1:36 AM

r68

Perry Mason was great. I used to watch reruns on some UHF / Cable Channel. Recently, I got it on Amazon Prime and was blown away by Burr's performance, the writing and noir art direction in the first season. Della and Perry were SO doing it, something the actors did not convey overtly, but displayed a familiarity in their body language that implied much more. After the 1st season, they cooled it and she acted as his secretary. Interesting...

by Anonymousreply 101March 17, 2020 1:39 AM

I think I am going to start Poirot over from the beginning.

by Anonymousreply 102March 17, 2020 1:57 AM

I'm watching Poirot AND Lord Peter Wimsey

by Anonymousreply 103March 17, 2020 2:20 AM

Latino porn. Then black porn.

by Anonymousreply 104March 17, 2020 2:44 AM

Bumping to keep the recommendations coming ('cause we might need a lot more comfort-food TV in the coming weeks). :-)

by Anonymousreply 105March 18, 2020 4:03 PM

Match Game reruns on the Game Show Network.

Brett Somers and Charles Nelson-Reilly can make even a pandemic seem bearable.

by Anonymousreply 106March 18, 2020 4:07 PM

Yus, my Dear.

Let the intro do the explaining.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 107March 18, 2020 4:37 PM

fine, I will give my embarrassing ones.

scrubs

how is the met your mother

real housewives of various locations

by Anonymousreply 108March 18, 2020 11:18 PM

“Psych,” of course!

So silly. I just love it.

by Anonymousreply 109March 19, 2020 3:17 AM

Any hints on how we in the USA can watch the Great Canadian Baking Show? The apps store won't let me download it.

by Anonymousreply 110March 19, 2020 3:55 PM

Quarantine Coffee with Jonathan Bennett and Jaymes (the Y is silent) Vaughan. On youtube.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 111March 19, 2020 3:58 PM

Frasier and The Simpsons

by Anonymousreply 112March 19, 2020 4:00 PM

I think you'll like this one OP. It's literally about people and their favorite dish at the Midnight Diner. So soothing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 113March 19, 2020 4:17 PM

Mama's Familu

Kath and Kim

by Anonymousreply 114March 19, 2020 5:17 PM

I'm obsessed about shows involving serial killers and murders. It's not just me, entire cable channels devoted to this and has been the case for decades.

by Anonymousreply 115March 19, 2020 7:56 PM

The Flintstones and The Munsters. I haven't seen them in so long that I've forgotten the plots and every episode seems new.

by Anonymousreply 116March 19, 2020 8:58 PM

I love the one where Lily puts Herman on a diet R116.

by Anonymousreply 117March 19, 2020 9:13 PM

"As Time Goes By" with Dame Judi Dench and Geoffrey Palmer ! Very calming and very funny.

by Anonymousreply 118March 19, 2020 9:24 PM

I use the AppleTV module to access most all of what I see on TV which aggregates Netflix, YouTube, and a lot of other channels. I like the (mostly British) historical documentaries hosted by historians Lucy Worsley, Suzannah Lipscomb, Helen Castor, and Dan Jones. They're available on YouTube. I could watch them all day.

Joanna Lumley (Patsy from "Absolutely Fabulous") has done a series of very entertaining documentaries on her world travels as well, most of them watchable on YouTube. Her calming voice is wonderful at bedtime.

Also, the various "Who Do You Think You Are" series (USA, UK, Australia versions) and Rick Steves's travel documentaries are good for calming the nerves, whether you actively pay attention to them or just let them run in the background during whatever else you're doing with your day.

I also love to binge on old clips from The Carol Burnett Show that are now on YouTube.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 119March 19, 2020 9:34 PM

"The Vet Life"

"Lucky Dog"

"Cold Case"

"Alfred Hitchcock Presents"

by Anonymousreply 120March 19, 2020 9:54 PM

tiny animation clips of "Mikan Seijin" (YouTube search for "Mikan Seijin")

"Pee-Wee's Playhouse"

clips of Korla Pandit at the organ

"Temperatures Rising" (also on YouTube)

"The Monkees"

by Anonymousreply 121March 19, 2020 9:58 PM

R110, not sure if this'll work as it may not allow access outside of Canada, but you can try watching TGCBS directly from the CBC website.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 122March 20, 2020 12:43 PM

Designing Women

by Anonymousreply 123March 24, 2020 1:44 AM

Star Trek The Next Generation was on my list so I started rewatching a few days ago but didn't realize how many episodes revolved around dealing with deadly plagues. Not very comforting after all.

by Anonymousreply 124March 24, 2020 2:52 AM

The Great British Sewing Bee is available on you tube. Much less glitzy and far more authentic than Project Runway, with the added bonus of the dashing Patrick Grant as the host.

by Anonymousreply 125March 24, 2020 1:07 PM

Thank you, R122, but it wonk work for me. Appreciate it, tho.

by Anonymousreply 126March 25, 2020 4:14 AM

THE LOVE BOAT. I love seeing the old stars, and the old, old, old stars. And seeing which color jacket Isaac will be wearing (I like him in blue).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 127March 25, 2020 4:20 AM

There will never be a better Saturday night line up than The Love Boat followed by Fantasy Island R127.

by Anonymousreply 128March 25, 2020 3:18 PM

Excuse me, R128?

Gimme A Break!

The Facts of Life

The Golden Girls

Hunter

by Anonymousreply 129March 25, 2020 9:45 PM

We're streaming a lot of Great British Baking Show and MST3K lately.

by Anonymousreply 130March 25, 2020 10:24 PM

I found the most hilarious tv show yesterday, called The Golden Girls.

by Anonymousreply 131March 26, 2020 12:53 AM

you should start a thread about that r131, i know i would be interested in learning more about such a show. is it new?

by Anonymousreply 132March 26, 2020 1:19 AM

It’s about 4 older ladies living under one roof in Miami.

by Anonymousreply 133March 26, 2020 1:24 AM

Mary Tyler Moore. The writing holds up and it's genuinely funny.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 134March 26, 2020 3:02 AM

And these two.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 135March 26, 2020 3:04 AM

The Bionic Woman

by Anonymousreply 136March 26, 2020 5:09 PM

King of the Hill

by Anonymousreply 137March 26, 2020 7:01 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!