Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The Foibles of Royals, from Britain to Japan

Let's have a nice, comprehensive thread where we can gossip about everyone from QEII to poor Crown Princess Masako of Japan, done in by the world's most misogynist royal environment, to the airy Breezed Through Princess University Crown Princess Mary of Denmark!

by Anonymousreply 374April 13, 2020 7:23 PM

Felipe and Letizia of Spain are visiting France, with all the "No Touch" greeting precautions in place. Letizia is wearing a very chic black trouser-suit, and a necklace of very large pearls, of the sort I wish ladies of the BRF would revert back to. That said, Letizia's neck is beginning to look scrawny as she pushes 50: she needs to eat a bit more.

by Anonymousreply 1March 11, 2020 4:34 PM

Link please, R1.

by Anonymousreply 2March 11, 2020 4:34 PM

R2 - I am sorry, I have never figured out how to post links, but the article is in Billed-Bladet, in the Kongelige (royalty) section.

by Anonymousreply 3March 11, 2020 4:36 PM

R1 - are you talking about this Letizia outfit?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4March 11, 2020 5:28 PM

Prince Charles was at the Prince's Trust Awards.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5March 11, 2020 5:29 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6March 11, 2020 5:32 PM

R4 - Yes, that's the one, thanks. Although, I see now that it is navy blue, not black. I think most royals have a prohibition against wearing black except for funerals, for obvious reasons.

She does suddenly look like she's heading for middle-age. That nose job, though, was the best thing she ever did. I'm surprised she didn't have it done whilst still a television journalist, long before she met and hooked Felipe. I keep looking at photos of their daughters to see if either one inherited Letizia's natural Wicked Witch schnozz (if either one does, you can bet that Letizia will see to it that the nose is "fixed" before the girl is 18).

by Anonymousreply 7March 11, 2020 5:53 PM

By the way, that visit by the Spanish royals to France was to honour victims of terrorism. Today is 11 March, the date of the jihadist attack on the Atocha train station in Madrid, in which more than 200 people died.

I wondered why Letizia was dressed so unusually sombrely.

Also by the by, Point de Vue is a publication that focuses on the royals quite a bit, so if you get tired of the diabetic comas caused by HELLO, Point de Vue is a good place to go, and the French isn't too hard to figure out.

Also, I had forgotten that it is no longer Crown Princess Masako of Japan: it is now (finally), Empress Masako of Japan, as of last November, I believe.

I'm sure it's bittersweet for Masako, after what the Japanese Court put her through, and knowing that her daughter will never be allowed to inherit the throne from her father, but be forced aside so that the younger brother's only son inherits it.

by Anonymousreply 8March 11, 2020 6:14 PM

You've created an oxymoron: there can never be a 'nice, comprehensive' thread based on the criticism of people based on the Country they call home. All it does is incite people against each other, meanwhile, the trolls' thirst for blood is quenched. I think it's great to communicate and discuss issues or exchange ideas, but all of us should be sensitive and respectful of culture, race, and beliefs.

I'm saying this because I read some interesting threads this morning, and as I continued reading, a troll or two replies to write something so debase, degrading, and derogatory, for the sole purpose of spreading their infection on to others. Trolls should be ignored, I agree. More importantly, we should rate them with an ff. According to Muriel's rules, they are banned, and that's why you'll see many threads with a line through and the troll highlighted by red. But when people are so toxic, it's hard to ignore them---and we should stand up to them. Several Brit's stood up for themselves but WE TOO should shut that shit down the second we recognize it.

by Anonymousreply 9March 11, 2020 7:06 PM

I'm saying this because I read some interesting threads this morning, and as I continued reading, a troll or two replies to write something so debase, degrading, and derogatory, for the sole purpose of spreading their infection on to others. Trolls should be ignored, I agree. More importantly, we should rate them with an ff. According to Muriel's rules, they are banned, and that's why you'll see many threads with a line through and the troll highlighted by red. But when people are so toxic, it's hard to ignore them---and we should stand up to them. Several Brit's stood up for themselves but EE TOO should shut that shit down the second we recognize it.

When trolls attack a person's skin color or their Country of birth---it isn't fun any more. In many of the recent threads, British people are being attacked. Ironically, when I saw your new thread, I felt it was a good opportunity to say something; this is not a criticism of your topic or you. I'm not trying to be authoritative or too heavy. (we all have to have thick skin to live in this world) But we don't have to have a head to think that we're numbskulls and behave like ones.

by Anonymousreply 10March 11, 2020 7:07 PM

I happened upon this forum for 2 reasons: gossip and valuable information. To exchange ideas, theories, knowledge and juicy gossip with a group of anonymous strangers seemed harmless---until it wasn't. I'm an individual who's experienced a lot of life through places, people, many diverse cultures and social standings. I know how things work (or don't work) from the first rung---to each step up---into the higher tiers and I've always been fascinated by how people treat one another according to these unspoken and unwritten rules that we've all inherited accidentally based mainly on geographics. And geography in turn has everything to do with what religion we're born into as well, and baptized shortly after birth, to believe.

I've always had a problem with 'the rules', from the time I started walking at 8 months. Early on, I rebelled against the ones I recognized were hypocritical, tyrannical, imbecilic, and too dictatorial for my free spiritedness. I guess I'm saying, we live in a world where we share space with trolls, ogres, goblins, evil clowns, and even the fine folks of Roswell, New Mexico. I can tolerate them because you can never change what simply, JUST IS. I can't tolerate bullies though and I hope that many of you feel the same way.

by Anonymousreply 11March 11, 2020 7:07 PM

We need more interesting posters, humorous ones, serious ones, challenging ones, and that means making people of every color and from every Country feel welcome. We can be sarcastic, we can be bitchy, but attacking people on the basis of their skin color and their homeland should never be acceptable, especially, within the gay community.

----- I continue to find useful information on this forum, my research in the past, led me here to learn so many great things. I've taken advice on which diabetic creams are most beneficial, to help my sick father. I've found amazing recipes, shared sad stories, discovered new music, laughed out loud, alone, to some of the wittiest banter ever, and those are the reasons I am here. And of course, I LOVEEEE the gossip too. (Certain threads).

I know I've just opened myself up to be hazed mericiously and stalked by trollers. I hope many of you will agree with what I'm saying. The more we stand up to racist remarks and against personal assaults on the British, or any other specific nationality, the more welcome they feel to voice their opinions and share with us----we need them, meaning British, Korean, Mexican, Russian (Shout out to Putin) African, and a few really cool Americans thrown is okay too!

by Anonymousreply 12March 11, 2020 7:12 PM

The funny thing is there is NO BLACK OR WHITE. All of us are a combination of shades, tones, hues, transparencies, and luminosities of every color between black and white. The colors we all perceive or see are based on the wavelengths of visible light that an object reflects and transmits back to our eye. None of us perceive color the same way.

Finally, the one thing I will say about maintaining friendships with the British is they are the only country that really does speak and write very high English. We can learn so much from their grammatical corrections.

That's All Folks. You can hate me----just don't hurt me.

by Anonymousreply 13March 11, 2020 7:13 PM

Letizia is so beautifully dressed at r4 EXCEPT for those ridiculous six-inch high heels. Why does she think she needs hooker shoes?

by Anonymousreply 14March 11, 2020 7:47 PM

[quote] I'm sure it's bittersweet for Masako, after what the Japanese Court put her through, and knowing that her daughter will never be allowed to inherit the throne from her father, but be forced aside so that the younger brother's only son inherits it.

I'm so curious as to what has happened to all those nasty people in the Imperial Household Agency now that Masako is the empress. Surely she must have had them all fired, no? Or are she and the emperor even unable to do THAT much?

Supposedly her biggest tormentor, though, was her mother-in-law, the Empress Emerita Michiko. Michiko had been tormented for being of common birth by HER mother-in-law (to the point of a literal breakdown in the 60s), and vowed when Naruhito married Masako that Masako would never be subjected to the same kind of cruel treatment she had been. yet supposedly that was a lie, and Michiko kept humiliating Masako for being unable to bear a male child (to the point that Masako also had breakdowns and developed shingles!). I wonder now is Masako is abloe to get any sort of revenge against her in-laws, such as by limiting their schedules or turning off the heating in their retirement palace.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15March 11, 2020 7:53 PM

Royal Baby Alert! Prince Christian of Hanover Expecting First Child with Alessandra de Osma

Prince Christian, who is the second son of Prince Ernst August of Hanover, met de Osma while vacationing in Peru back in 2005, when she served as his tour guide.

Known as the Princess of the Andes, de Osma is a former lawyer, model and comes from one of Peru’s most prestigious families.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16March 11, 2020 8:28 PM

Perhaps Letizia wears high heels because her husband is so tall.

by Anonymousreply 17March 11, 2020 8:52 PM

I doubt Masako has much power to do get her own back as Empress. People who think the "grey men" (courtiers) of the BRF are powerful should know those are pikers next to the old-line Japanese courtiers. It was they who insisted that Naruhito's brother's wife have another baby, when the couple were perfectly happy with their two daughters. The sister-in-law cooperated, of course, and duly conceived and bore the necessary males, but she wouldn't have done it if she hadn't been ordered to. That's how powerful they are. There was no way they would allow Naruhito's daughter to inherit the throne, despite the fact that all any "Emperor" of either sex would be doing for his or her entire life was waving to crowds, visiting other royals, and marking ceremonial occasions.

The Japanese court is stuck somewhere in the 16th century.

Maybe Kate Middleton should try for a fourth, just to knock Harry and Archie further down the line . . .

by Anonymousreply 18March 11, 2020 9:53 PM

^*necessary male (singular)

by Anonymousreply 19March 11, 2020 9:54 PM

Meanwhile, back in Denmark - young Prince Christian, the next Crown Prince once Queen Margrethe bites the dust (she is 79 already and she's been smoking like a chimney since she was 18), appears to be suffering an outbreak of adolescent acne (I notice that Billed-Bladet has avoided closeups) - Christian is, however, quite handsome and looks very much like his mother. I am hoping for a match between him and Princess Charlotte in 20 years.

Princess Isabella, their second child, is already sporting quite a sizable rack and looks just like her father, Crown Prince Frederik.

by Anonymousreply 20March 11, 2020 10:10 PM

And the next royal birth up is Hereditary Grand Duchess HRH Princess Stephanie of Luxembourg, due in May. She is 36 and has been married since 2012 to Hereditary Grand Duke Guillaume, heir apparent to the throne of Luxembourg. This is their first offspring, and obviously they took their time about it . . . Some suspect that one reason is that Guillaume is rumoured to be a bona fide DLer.

Stephanie was born a Countess, her lineage goes back to the 13th century, and she was also quite rich.

by Anonymousreply 21March 11, 2020 10:32 PM

[quote] Felipe and Letizia of Spain are visiting France

Felipe should be required to wear as little clothing as possible.

by Anonymousreply 22March 11, 2020 10:39 PM

At least Letizia's covering her arms for once.

by Anonymousreply 23March 12, 2020 12:02 AM

I think the older daughter, Infanta Leonor, the future Queen of Spain, looks like she's got the unfortunate nose. Both girls have large-ish noses, but Leonor's looks to be more prominent. They're both attractive though, and very blonde, the way their father was in his childhood and youth. They also look quite poised.

by Anonymousreply 24March 12, 2020 12:41 PM

Princess Alexandra of Hanover (Caroline of Monaco's daughter) is becoming an interesting beauty.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25March 12, 2020 2:01 PM

I might marry Prince Vincent of Denmark

by Anonymousreply 26March 12, 2020 2:27 PM

A refresher pic.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27March 12, 2020 2:38 PM

Testament to how laid back the Danish monarchy is that they never had that photo of Fred's cock scrubbed.

Pss. Alexandra of Hanover doesn't look much like her mother, does she - she might look a bit like Rainier, her grandfather. I think she's rather plain. It's quite amazing to see how little of Grace Kelly's beauty did NOT make it past the coarse Grimaldi DNA.

Alexandra, unless I miss my guess, is an HRH, not an HSH like her half-siblings, as her father, Prince Ernst is an HRH. Caroline and Ernst are not divorced, hence Caroline gets to retain that HRH rather than returning to the HSH she was born with.y

People often forget that Queen Mary of Britain was born an HSH, not an HRH, and her in-laws, especially her mother-in-law and sisters-in-law, never let her forget it. Eventually, Mary became Queen, and had the last laugh.

by Anonymousreply 28March 12, 2020 3:27 PM

The Dutch King and Queen are in Indonesia. Swipe for photos.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29March 12, 2020 3:30 PM

Princess Charlotte will be perfect for Prince Christian in 18 years. She'll be 22 or so, he'll be about 30, it will be the wedding of the century.

Kate will see that Charlotte wears the Cambridge Lover's Knot tiara, and Kate will be there in the front row, the beaming mother of the bride, wearing . . . the Vladimir. The by-then Queen Mary will wear, er, something that doesn't clash with Kate's inevitably jewel-coloured gown and, just possibly, also wearing the magnificent emeralds in the DRF's collection if she doesn't wear Queen Ingrid's staggering ruby and diamond parure that Margrethe gave Mary upon her entry into the family.

by Anonymousreply 30March 12, 2020 3:34 PM

R30 - Charlotte and Christian are both Protestants which would be more desirable for a union while the Spanish Infantas are Catholic.

by Anonymousreply 31March 12, 2020 3:36 PM

R28, considering that the state/nation of Hanover no longer exists and hasn't for some decades, the "royalty" from Hanover and their "titles" don't really matter much. They are truly neither a HSH or HRH because they are no longer royal. Their country no longer exists. The do not "reign". They have no subjects. Their titles are a courtesy, at best.

Same with other former royals like the Greeks, Romanians, Yugoslavians, etc. None of them are royal and none of them have actual titles. I suppose the Greeks are the one exception because they technically are Princes and Princesses of Denmark to this day.

by Anonymousreply 32March 12, 2020 3:48 PM

let’s turn this into Meghan thread!

by Anonymousreply 33March 12, 2020 3:52 PM

What do we think of the bearded Portuguese Prince Afonso? Swipe for photos.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34March 12, 2020 3:55 PM

Afonso's sister Maria Francisca.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35March 12, 2020 3:55 PM

I think Infanta Leonor of Spain is prettier than her younger sister Infanta Sofia but Sofia is taller. Swipe for photos.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36March 12, 2020 3:58 PM

Does anyone remember at some point in the 1990's when Empress Michiko suddenly lost the ability to speak because there were some vague criticisms in the press about some trees being cut down on the Imperial Palace grounds?? For at least a few months she claimed to have gone mute due to "having a shock". Such drama.

by Anonymousreply 37March 12, 2020 4:04 PM

R15 - I think Michiko would be more empathetic towards Masako because of the way her mother-in-law treated her. MIL from hell, Empress Nagako tormented the commoner Michiko. Michiko had a nervous breakdown as a result (I'm sure there were other reasons). I have to commend that last Emperor and the current Emperor for sticking by their wives.

by Anonymousreply 38March 12, 2020 4:12 PM

R32 - It's true that the State of Hanover no longer exists, but nevertheless, Ernst's noble connections and lineage are extremely impressive, on both sides. Here is some interesting info on him:

"Ernst August was born in Hanover, the eldest son of Ernst August, Hereditary Prince of Brunswick (1914–1987) and his first wife, Princess Ortrud of Schleswig-Holstein-Sonderburg-Glücksburg (1925–1980).[6] He was christened, Ernst August Albert Paul Otto Rupprecht Oskar Berthold Friedrich-Ferdinand Christian-Ludwig.

As the senior male-line descendant of George III of the United Kingdom, Ernst August is head of the House of Hanover, the surviving junior branch of the medieval House of Welf, which itself is the older branch of the House of Este, a dynasty whose earliest known members lived in Lombardy in the late 9th/early 10th century and which, in its younger branch, ruled Ferrara (1240–1597) and the Duchy of Modena-Reggio (1288–1796) in Italy.

The title of Prince of Great Britain and Ireland was recognised ad personam for Ernst August's father and his father's siblings by King George V of the United Kingdom on 17 June 1914. The hereditary Dukedom of Cumberland and Teviotdale and the Earldom of Armagh, borne in 1917 by his paternal great-grandfather, were suspended under the Titles Deprivation Act 1917. However, the title Royal Prince of Great Britain and Ireland had been entered into the family's German passports, together with the German titles, in 1914. After the German Revolution of 1918–19, with the abolition of the privileges of nobility, titles officially became parts of the last name. So, curiously, the British prince's title is still part of the family's last name in their German passports, while it is no longer mentioned in their British documents. On 29 August 1931, Ernst August's grandfather Ernest Augustus, Duke of Brunswick, as head of the House of Hanover, declared the formal resumption, for himself and his dynastic descendants, of use of his former British princely title as a secondary title of pretense, which style, "Royal Prince of Great Britain and Ireland", his grandson Ernst August continues to claim.

As heir of the last Duke of Cumberland and Teviotdale and Earl of Armagh, Ernst August has the right to petition under the Titles Deprivation Act 1917 for the restoration of his ancestors' suspended British peerages, but he has not done so. His father, also called Ernst August, did, however, successfully claim British nationality after World War II by virtue of a hitherto overlooked (and since repealed) provision of the Sophia Naturalization Act 17."

Say what you will, it's still a very distinguished royal lineage.

by Anonymousreply 39March 12, 2020 4:31 PM

R33 My Archie is already the first "African-American" prince and will marry one of those princesses.

by Anonymousreply 40March 12, 2020 4:35 PM

[quote]To exchange ideas, theories, knowledge and juicy gossip with a group of anonymous strangers seemed harmless---until it wasn't.

You better get the heck of off DL then. It's a gossip board, not a woke meetinghouse.

I truly wonder if the Japanese will ever allow women to inherit the Chrysanthemum throne? So that Michiko's daughter can become Empress in her own right. She is still young (in her teens), her father is middle aged so there is time yet for this to change.

I've always been annoyed by how the current Crown Prince (apparent) and his wife swan around haughtily imo, since they have a young son who will be Emperor under the current rules.

by Anonymousreply 41March 12, 2020 4:36 PM

Letizia has the perfect bitch face.

by Anonymousreply 42March 12, 2020 4:57 PM

there is something slightly vacant looking about the two Spanish Infantas, the older one particularly. She has an unblinking Stepford Wife quality about her. If she was American she’d probably be in kiddie beauty pageants.

Right now I think Princess Alexia of The Netherlands has the most potential to be a true knockout. She doesn’t have the blocky-shaped head of the Orange family that her eldest sister The Princess of Orange has, and she doesn’t have the vague ‘tard face that the youngest sister has. alexia has all of Maxima’s best features, I think she’s going to be a big success.

by Anonymousreply 43March 12, 2020 6:26 PM

R28 I must disagree about Alexandra, I think she has Caroline's beauty (especially the Grace smile) with an exotic touch of something else. She's still growing up. I think Caroline was a true beauty in her own right, even though Grace was a hard act to follow. Charlotte is beautiful enough in her way, if a coarser (good word) version of Caroline. All the others, totally agree.

by Anonymousreply 44March 12, 2020 7:16 PM

Is Princess Aiko being fucked over, or has she dodged a bullet? Sure, it's not fair for the Japanese to give the emperorship to males only, but who the hell wants to be Emperor!

She's probably better off marrying a Japanese aristocrat or oligarch, and leading a comparatively normal life.

by Anonymousreply 45March 12, 2020 7:21 PM

Infanta Leonor is a very striking girl, and will probably be more so if they don't hack away at her nose. A strong nose on a pretty face doesn't make a woman ugly, it makes her beauty interesting!

Still, braces might not hurt.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46March 12, 2020 7:25 PM

Seriously, they'd better not do too much to this girl's face.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47March 12, 2020 7:27 PM

Just goes to show no royal families are as interesting as the English fuckups.

by Anonymousreply 48March 12, 2020 8:12 PM

Aiko was not a pretty child, but she's grown into a reasonably attractive young woman.

My guess would be that neither the Emperor nor the Empress want her to become empress in her own right, because they know at this point how badly she would be bullied by the Imperial Household Agency and the rest of the imperial court. If she just is allowed to live her life and marry some rich industrialist's son she'll have a much nicer life.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49March 12, 2020 8:19 PM

Princess Ingrid Alexandra, the heir to the Norwegian throne, is stunning--she got the best from the looks of both her mother and father.

Her little brother Prince Sverre Magnus is chubby and goofy looking now, but he should grow up to be as tall as his father, and whne he slims down he'll be attractive. He's apparently a real clown.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50March 12, 2020 8:34 PM

R44 - Honestly, I always thought Caroline, even in the bloom of youth, fell short of beauty. None of Grace's children inherited anything like her refined bone structure and perfect features. It's as if the Grimaldi line coarsened it all. Alexandra is nice enough looking, maybe there's something of her mother in the mouth, but none of Grace's children got anything like her genetic windfall.

I agree with poster upthread about the Spanish Infantas. Despite the very large nose she is inheriting, the elder, Leonor, is more attractive. In fact, you could see it when they were both born - Leonor was much the prettier baby even in the newborn photos.

The Dutch princesses have all inherited the fat-faced looks of their father's folk. The eldest is a ringer for ex-Queen Beatrix. And they are going to be big, BIG girls - Maxima is over 5'10" and wears a size 11 shoe - she also has bad skin and a weak chin, which it appears so far her three daughters have escaped. I agree that of the three, Alexia looks the least like an illustration out of Hans Brinker and the Silver Skates. Or, most like one but in a good way.

by Anonymousreply 51March 12, 2020 8:34 PM

R48 - What are you talking about? First of all, the European Royals threads were up to 3 and kept getting paywalled. This thread is doing perfectly nicely. Second, it does say Britain to Japan in the title . . . probably everyone is exhausted from commenting about the Harkles.

Except Meghan and her PR machine, of course, who in their haste to bury the Harry PenquinGate Phone Hoax story are releasing two others a day talking up how "kind" Meghan is to locals she meets in Vancouver as she takes Archie on two-hour walks in the parks and gardens of the area, to more shit from her mouthpiece, Omid Scobie, on how unfortunate it was that the 1,000 year old British monarchy refused to adapt itself to the personal agenda of a 38 year old divorced American c-list actress.

Happy now, are we?

by Anonymousreply 52March 12, 2020 8:40 PM

R50 - Alexandra of Sweden is gorgeous. She looks like a model. Given the state of her mother's health, Alexandra may have less time to stay out of public life than she could have hoped. For those who do not know, last year Crown Princess Mette-Marit, Alexandra's mother, was diagnosed with COPD. It's a condition that can be managed for awhile, but eventually the damage to the lungs goes too far and it's usually fatal within five years. Of course, I'm sure the Crown Princess is getting the best medical care available.

by Anonymousreply 53March 12, 2020 8:43 PM

R53, there are options for people with the disease. I know someone who had a lung transplant and lived another 20 years, and he was old to begin with. It isn't an automatic death sentence.

by Anonymousreply 54March 12, 2020 9:13 PM

R51 Aw, but look at Caroline on her honeymoon, gorgeous. More European looking than Grace but still. She still is a handsome woman, kept her figure and hasn't really messed too much with her face.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55March 12, 2020 9:50 PM

R54 - Apologies - I was mistaken. It isn't COPD that Mette-Marit has, but the far more lethal pulmonary fibrosis. Lung transplant is an option with that, as well. COPD is not a terrific condition, but pulmonary fibrosis is worse, and that is what M-M has. Eventually, the scarring on the lungs becomes severe. The woman I knew who died of it was on the list for a lung transplant, but there is apparently an age border for it, but her kidneys went south at one point so quickly that it became a moot point.

by Anonymousreply 56March 12, 2020 9:52 PM

R55 - I didn't say I thought Caroline unattractive, I just think she fell short of beauty. She was a pretty girl, no question, and it's a bit sad looking at that photo and remembering how mistaken she was in Junot (another case of a headstrong young royal insisting on marrying the wrong type and ignoring all the warnings and advice!).

by Anonymousreply 57March 12, 2020 9:54 PM

[quote] Alexandra of Sweden is gorgeous.

Thanks. But my name is Ingrid Alexandra, and I'm of Norway, not Sweden.

by Anonymousreply 58March 12, 2020 9:54 PM

R58 - And there it was in front of me. You're right, of course!

Ingrid Alexandra has her father's colouring, her mother's features, but without the heavy masculine jaw Mette-Marit has.

I do hope Ingrid Alexandra keeps her soft light brown hair and doesn't go platinum like her mother.

by Anonymousreply 59March 12, 2020 9:57 PM

The Danish Crown Princely family has left Verbier, in Switzerland, where their four children were in some special 12-week school course. They returned home to be in "solidarity" with their fellow Danes as COVID-19 encroaches (Denmark, small as it is, already has about 100 cases).

On a more shallow note, some of the items Mary wore to Paris late in 2019 were some of the most chic I've seen her wear. I loved the blue and white day dress with the panels and turned up cuffs on the three-quarter length sleeves. Very swingy, lovely silhouette, crisp yet feminine.

by Anonymousreply 60March 12, 2020 10:15 PM

On the contrary, the European world families are way more interesting.

by Anonymousreply 61March 12, 2020 10:40 PM

Crown Princess Mary always looks like a vaguely pretty suburban mom who's just come from a PTSA meeting.

by Anonymousreply 62March 12, 2020 11:46 PM

[quote] Stephanie was born a Countess, her lineage goes back to the 13th century, and she was also quite rich.

"Was" is a big reason for the marriage. The de Lannoy family were experiencing financial difficulties. An infusion of cash from the Luxembourg royal family to the Lannoys helped to soothe any qualms about Stephanie marrying the very Catholic and very gay Hereditary Prince Guillaume.

by Anonymousreply 63March 13, 2020 12:08 AM

[quote] A refresher pic.

What? Is Frederik cut or does he roll back his foreskin when he pees?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64March 13, 2020 12:12 AM

R62 - Doesn't she, though! Another shrewd married-in, like Kate, who figured out that that was exactly what was required! Not too threatening, not too edgy, just like any other suburban Mum but somewhat upgraded with antique ruby and diamond parures she dusts off sometimes.

R63 - IS Guillame very gay, or just vaguely suspicious? I'd never heard anything more than the "vaguely suspicious" type rumours. It wouldn't surprise me, and if so, frankly, he hit upon a golden match, because occasionally, Stephanie pings to me. God knows they waited long enough finally to do the necessary re securing the succession.

by Anonymousreply 65March 13, 2020 12:18 AM

R52 the BRF part of your post is the most colorful. No one knows much about the other royal families. Other countries do not have the vicious yellow gossip rags like England does. They have built the juicy, lying personality rich , and in Meghan’s case, the racist, pap press. It rests on the adoration and elevation of the BRF there. Perhaps that’s due to the more classist nature of English society.

by Anonymousreply 66March 13, 2020 12:41 AM

I want to be in an orgy with the Hereditary Grand Duke of Luxembourg, his hot brother Prince Félix, The Crown Prince of Denmark, The Crown Prince of Norway, and Prince Josef Emanuel of Lichtenstein

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 67March 13, 2020 1:23 AM

Hardly any information or photos about princesses from Gulf States ( Saudi, UAE, Qatar, Kuwait, Bahrain,Oman ). They cant really locked all their daughters in the palace at this age.

by Anonymousreply 68March 13, 2020 7:10 AM

How many world leaders will get the Coronavirus? And if it is a large number, was it planed.

by Anonymousreply 69March 13, 2020 8:14 AM

R66 - You're obviously American and speak no other languages.

No other dirty yellow rags in any other countries in Europe??!!! Not only is Europe jam-packed with tabloids, many of the broadsheets are shifting their "look" to tabloid format because they sell better.

Allow me to introduce you to ET and Ekstra-Bladet and Seg og Hor (See and Hear), Denmark's equivalents.

Have you looked into BILD in Germany lately? BILD probably outclasses most off the others and is the newspaper that claimed to have seen Meghan Markle's rimming sex tape, courtesy of its Canadian owner, prompting a visit by Dimwit Harry last year, presumably to beg, bribe, or threaten them to drop the story.

Christ, even Poland has one, ironically called FAKT, or sometimes, Super Express.

I hate to break this to you, pet, but gossip is as old as humanity itself.

I know you want to think that alone on the planet, the UK's tabloids are the only ones, but I suggest you do a little research. You will find to your dismay that they're everywhere, and they ALL do the same thing to anyone in their paths.

One thing you have to admire about them: no one is safe from them, which is rather refreshing in its way. No special passes given here because you've got HRH in front of your name or the DNA du Jour.

But I suspect that you're incapable of grasping that.

You know what the real first source of tabloid gossip was?

The harem.

by Anonymousreply 70March 13, 2020 12:12 PM

R66 - Oh, and by the way? Speaking of elevation and adoration of a monarchy? The Danish monarchy is the oldest in Europe, even older than the British. The Danes absolutely adore their monarchy, and are especially fond of Queen Margrethe, whom they affectionately call "Daisy" (Margaret means a daisy, in case you didn't know). When I watched the wedding of Crown Prince Frederik to Mary Donaldson before most of the crowned heads of Europe, all those Danish guests were bowing and curtsying like mad as Frederik, his brother, and then the Queen and her husband came down the aisle to take their seats.

The Swedes and Spanish are a bit less sanguine these days about theirs, but in Spain it is actually illegal to criticise the monarchy in print.

You really need to do research before you put up your posts.

Stop trying to paint everything through the one lens you keep on your nose.

by Anonymousreply 71March 13, 2020 1:11 PM

QEII has cancelled her trip to Cheshire and Camden on medical advice, and Charles and Camilla have cancelled their spring tour of the Balkans, Cyprus, and Jordan, during which they were to attend 50 events.

No word on whether the Cambridges will be pulling out of any upcoming events.

Meghan will be so disappointed - she had a lineup of pap shots of her walking Archie through Vancouver's parks, surprise visits to whatever local nonprofits will agree to let her use them to stick it to the Windsors, another rumour about another house, this time in Beverly Hills, and more choice "insights" into Kate Middleton's troubled psyche all ready to go as soon as Charles and Camilla, and the Queen, stepped out of the limo and smiled at the photographers . . .

by Anonymousreply 72March 13, 2020 5:25 PM

I think Princess Alexandra of Luxembourg is prettier than any of her four brothers.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 73March 13, 2020 5:37 PM

R73 A truly lovely face. Is she nice?

by Anonymousreply 74March 13, 2020 6:30 PM

Fred is one of my kind.

by Anonymousreply 75March 13, 2020 10:03 PM

[QUOTE] Charles and Camilla have cancelled their spring tour of the Balkans, Cyprus, and Jordan, during which they were to attend 50 events.

That sounds exhausting. That’s a lot of hands to shake, forced smiles, feigned interest in the topic, changes of outfits, etc. Charles must be spitting mad that at his age he still has to do this shit instead of signing documents at home like his mother. And obviously, he must be pissed he can’t count on his second son for support.

by Anonymousreply 76March 13, 2020 10:23 PM

I wonder if Princess Beatrice's wedding will be postponed. It's scheduled for roughly the point when the UK's COVID-19 infection rate is predicted to peak. Plus, flying in Edo's family from Italy may not be feasible.

by Anonymousreply 77March 13, 2020 10:25 PM

Why does it seem like the BRF is the biggest royal family out there? At least from an American perspective?

Is it because we speak English and there's no language barrier? If we were a French nation would we follow Monaco royalty more? Does South America care more about Spain and Portugal?

But they talk about Lady Di in Amelie. But France is close to England and she died there.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 78March 13, 2020 11:02 PM

[quote]Mummy, first Daddy was caught playing up-her-bum with Uncle Jeff-Jeff, and now that chinky old bat bug is ruining my w-w-w-wedding! Make it better, Mummy. do something. I WANT MY PALACE NUP-CHOO-ALS! I WANT MY TIIIIIIIIII-TELLLLLLLL.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 79March 13, 2020 11:39 PM

[quote]Mummy, first Daddy was caught playing up-her-bum with Uncle Jeff-Jeff, and now that chinky old bat bug is ruining my w-w-w-wedding! Make it better, Mummy. do something. I WANT MY PALACE NUP-CHOO-ALS! I WANT MY TIIIIIIIIII-TELLLLLLLL.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 80March 13, 2020 11:39 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 81March 14, 2020 1:25 PM

Poor Bea - she just doesn't seem to have any luck with this wedding. First Papa makes a grand televised one impossible, so only 150 guests in a much smaller venue, then there's the fight for the right to keep the Harkles out, then the coronavirus means people from outside the UK might not be able to get in . . .

As the wedding is only 8 weeks off, I doubt a postponement is practical. By now the wedding dress has gone from toile to actual lace/silk/satin whatever, the cake is probably in the oven (they make these giant wedding cakes weeks ahead of time), the flower arrangements in the gardens of BP alyready designed (and they probably come from BP's own conservatories and gardens).

I wonder if, with the coronavirus so prevalent in London, they suddenly have an argument for moving it to Windsor, where they can hold the reception at Frogmore House (which is absolutely gorgeous). They could always hold the ceremony at the Royal Chapel of All Saints at Windsor, that holds over 200, and it's, er, quaint. Then there's the actual parish church, St John the Baptist, which is something like a mini-St. George's Chapel, and quite beautiful inside, but it's on the High Street and the security and privacy might be an issue.

by Anonymousreply 82March 14, 2020 1:28 PM

Princess Anne's daughter Zara Tindall has a lot of wrinkles for her age.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 83March 14, 2020 1:38 PM

Swipe for the Dukedom of Kent.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 84March 14, 2020 1:44 PM

Every royal family in Europe appears to be holing up in their varied castles, palaces, and country homes to ride out the virus, cancelling events right and left. It's going to get quite dull. The photos for Crown Princess Victoria's "Name Day" recognition had to be taken privately (she was wearing an appalling pair of wide checked trousers).

This being the case, the media are frantically trying to keep their readers interested with stories like, "Fifty beautiful royal outfits in white" (Billed-Bladet); "Royal Shoe Envy - The Sparkliest Heels Kate Middle, Meghan Markle, and Other Royal Ladies Have Worn!" (HELLO, which specialises in the "[x] times Kate and Meghan forgot to wear knickers!!" type of story) - you get the drift . . .

Going to get quite dull for these threads, although Omid Scobie is stirring the pot today with another Meghan Said To Put This Out There article about how fearful the Harkles are for their future life outside the royal family.

There is one hilarious comment under that Express article that says that there are strings tied to Scobie's hands and mouth, and if you follow the strings up with your eyes, you'll see Meghan Markle working the strings, crouched (she thinks) out of sight.

by Anonymousreply 85March 14, 2020 8:28 PM

Poor Bea. There's no way the BRF will let all these Italians mingle with them right now, especially Elizabeth and Phillip, if she wants to get married she'll have to throw a tiara in an overnight bag and haul off to Vegas!

by Anonymousreply 86March 14, 2020 9:13 PM

Edo’s family are Italian aristocrats, they’re not the Great Unwashed. They probably live in palazzos and things like that.

by Anonymousreply 87March 14, 2020 9:57 PM

Anyone got anyone gossip on Christopher O'Neill, husband of Sweden's Princess Madeleine? There's something about him I find a bit shady.

by Anonymousreply 88March 15, 2020 1:29 AM

He works in finance, seems to want a quiet life. Declined a royal title or giving up his citizenship.

by Anonymousreply 89March 15, 2020 3:07 AM

Edo's father is an Italian count, but his mother and stepfather were British, and he was educated in the UL, as far as I can tell. I have yet to hear him speak, but I'm pretty sure he has a British, not an Italian accent.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 90March 15, 2020 3:45 AM

R89 - He's a lot less shady than her first fiance, who cheated on her. Nah, he looks like a straight-up money guy. And he comes from a distinguished Anglo-American family - born in and grew up in London, dual citizenship. His father was also an investment banker - London branch of Oppenheimer & Co. Fancy education, all that. He and Madeleine live a very private life now in Florida with their three kids.

When he and Madeleine got engaged, her mother, rather tactlessly, proclaimed O'Neill to be "every mother's dream son-in-law", drawing, perhaps unintentionally, a slighting contract between O'Neill and her older daughter's far less upper-class choice of husband.

by Anonymousreply 91March 15, 2020 12:52 PM

^*contrast (not contract)

by Anonymousreply 92March 15, 2020 1:23 PM

Charles may have loved his dog Harvey more than his first wife, Diana. LOL.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 93March 15, 2020 1:51 PM

The Queen has been moved from Buckingham Palace in London to Windsor Castle.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 94March 15, 2020 1:53 PM

Another story on Twitter: Boris Johnson is going to be isolating all those people over 70 years old and will tell the Queen, Charles and Camilla to stay in strict isolation for four months. There will only be five working members in the Royal Family left.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 95March 15, 2020 1:55 PM

R93 - Charles is definitely loves his pooches.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 96March 15, 2020 2:09 PM

It's likely that Charles' Lab didn't scream at him for not paying enough attention to him, or for first serving his grandmother, Queen Elizabeth the Queen Mother, a drink, then his mother The Queen, and then his new 20 year old bride.

And, let's face it: there are few people on the planet as lovable, loyal, and devoted as most Labrador retrievers. My Da's Mum was a first-class cold, ball-busting bitch. Da barely shed a tear at her funeral. When he had to put his old black Lab down, though, Da cried like a baby.

by Anonymousreply 97March 15, 2020 2:15 PM

^ remove the "is" from my post above.

by Anonymousreply 98March 15, 2020 2:17 PM

For history buffs, here is Part One of British Monarchs starting from the Tudor era.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 99March 15, 2020 2:18 PM

Photos of Diana with a dog were very rare. Other than that picture of her as a child with the hamster, she didn’t seem to have that English upper class thing about loving animals.

by Anonymousreply 100March 15, 2020 2:25 PM

Queen Silvia worked as an air hostess before her marriage.

by Anonymousreply 101March 15, 2020 2:52 PM

R101 - she was working as an interpreter and Olympic hostess in Innsbruck when she met the King of Sweden.

by Anonymousreply 102March 15, 2020 3:01 PM

I can’t see why Silvia would be disappointed in Daniel though, he seems the perfect consort to the vivacious and duty minded Victoria. He’s quiet, blandly handsome, produces attractive babies, doesn’t seek any attention for himself.

I have to say, Queen Silvia’s children did make nice marriages. Even the wife of hottie Carl, was she a former stripper or something?, immediately took to royal life and performs perfectly. You-Know-Who over in England should look to Sofia for lessons.

by Anonymousreply 103March 15, 2020 3:34 PM

R102 I didn't say immediately before her marriage, but it was no secret that she worked as a flight attendant. At least, that's what I read a long time ago.

by Anonymousreply 104March 15, 2020 3:39 PM

Sofia looks sticky.

by Anonymousreply 105March 15, 2020 3:42 PM

[quote]Spain's King Felipe VI renounces father's inheritance

[quote]Spain's King Felipe VI has renounced the inheritance of his scandal-hit father Juan Carlos. In a statement, the palace said that Juan Carlos, who abdicated in 2014, would also stop receiving an annual grant of €194,000 (£174,800; $217,100). This comes as the 82-year-old former king is being criticised for his lavish lifestyle.

[quote]Juan Carlos, who reigned for 39 years, is also facing an investigation by the Swiss financial authorities. This follows media reports that he had received $100m in 2008 from Saudi Arabia via an offshore account. The former monarch has made no comments on the issue.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 106March 16, 2020 12:47 AM

Why don't they file down half of Bea's teeth so they fit into her mouth and stop looking like they should have birth and death dates carved into them?

by Anonymousreply 107March 16, 2020 1:44 AM

R64. Frederik, Crown Prince of Denmark 's penis is clearly intact as is evident by the photo of him on the boat peeing off the coast at Key West, Florida. Yes, Freddie has his foreskin:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 108March 16, 2020 2:50 AM

of course he does, he’s Danish (well, mostly German) and French. Neither of those tribes would EVER want to be mistaken for a Jew.

by Anonymousreply 109March 16, 2020 3:12 AM

Danes are wise; they don't circumcise. (They don't mutilate either, but it didn't rhyme.)

by Anonymousreply 110March 16, 2020 3:34 AM

Anne and Zara were at Cheltenham and, if I'm not mistaken, isn't that Camilla's ex-husband Andrew Parker Bowles? Anne has dated him in the past and they have stayed friends. Even Zara looks chummy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 111March 16, 2020 1:58 PM

I speak a little Spanish but not fluently so I'll just give a synopsis of this statement from the Spanish Royal House.

The King has renounced his inheritance and has stripped his father, King Juan Carlos, of his annual stipend over alleged financial irregularities.

The Sydney Morning Herald:

"The royal house said in a statement that in addition to renouncing his inheritance, Felipe is stripping Juan Carlos of his annual stipend.

The decision comes amid an ongoing investigation by Swiss prosecutors into an offshore account allegedly operated for Juan Carlos. The account allegedly received €88 million euros ($158 million) from Saudi Arabia's late King Abdullah in 2008, which prosecutors believes could be kickback payments, according to the Swiss newspaper Tribune de Geneva.

On Saturday, British newspaper The Telegraph reported that Felipe was named as a beneficiary of an offshore fund that controls the Swiss account with an alleged €65 million euro gift ($117 million) from Saudi Arabia given to his father when he was on the throne".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 112March 16, 2020 2:53 PM

There is good news for the Spanish royals.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 113March 16, 2020 2:55 PM

R102, no she didn't. She worked at the Argentinian Consulate in Munich and was employed a hostess for foreign dignitaries at the Olympics in Munich because she is fluent in 6 languages and sign language.

by Anonymousreply 114March 16, 2020 5:30 PM

Felipe should strip his father of the king emeritus title. He abdicated, that should mean you lose that dignity and the ‘Majesty’ style. Felipe should create him HRH Count of Barcelona, or give him a duchy, something like that. There should only be one sovereign at a time.

Looking at you too Japan, Belgium, and Vatican.

by Anonymousreply 115March 16, 2020 5:57 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 116March 16, 2020 6:05 PM

[quote] [R89] - He's a lot less shady than her first fiance, who cheated on her. Nah, he looks like a straight-up money guy. And he comes from a distinguished Anglo-American family - born in and grew up in London, dual citizenship. His father was also an investment banker - London branch of Oppenheimer & Co. Fancy education, all that. He and Madeleine live a very private life now in Florida with their three kids.

Some further info re Chris O'Neill: his mother was thought his father's gf/mistress who broke up his 1st marriage. I believe his father was somewhat older than his mother. Chris is their only child, he has several older half-sisters from both parents. A couple of his paternal half-sisters have lived in the Boston area for many years.

Chris's mum was later liked to Prince Charles, in the 80s-90s, as a 'close friend' ahem.

by Anonymousreply 117March 16, 2020 6:06 PM

Britain's Monarchs Part Two. Part One is @R99.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 118March 16, 2020 6:40 PM

Not much scares Anne, it's true.

I note that Catherine Bennett in The Guardian has a nasty article up about Kate not displaying more charity toward Meghan and Harry at the Abbey, and completely ignoring every justifiable instance why Kate's patience would be at an end. Bennett does not, of course, address the nasty stories about Kate that Meghan has leaked, Meghan's role with Nicole Cliffe of circulating the Rose Hanbury/William rumour, Meghan's bad behaviour over the last two years, Meghan's atrocious behaviour at the Mountbatten Music Festival in upstaging Harry's uniform and ignoring protocol, not to mention upstaging Camilla's domestic abuse speech after agreeing not to. All that is somehow oddly ignored, as well as how much havoc the Harkles created in the family. Lastly, of course, Bennett does not mention that neither Charles, nor William, nor Camilla, nor Sophie, nor even the Queen, displayed much warmth toward the couple who have caused so much grief with their petulant "have our cake and eat it too, and sod the lot of you" assumptions. Only Prince Edward made an effort, and as he was seated next to Meghan, he hardly had a choice.

In singling out Kate, the author and The Guardian return to age-old misogynist assumptions that women should be sweeter and more forgiving. Kate should have been gracious and turned to smile at the woman who circulated rumours about her marriage, poked Camilla and the Queen in the eye with a sharp stick, and as soon as she was out the door, leaked yet another article about the "uptight" Kate, and instead applauds Meghan for "smiling and waving like a pro", and ignoring the obvious grandstanding Meghan was engaged in - and overlooking the fact that Kate did, indeed, smile and wave: just not at Meghan and Harry.

If it were up to anyone to set the tone, it would have been Charles. But he is somehow left off the hook for responding to Meghan's extravagant curtsy with a limp half-smile, and then ignoring her and Harry. Camilla did not look them in the once, and Sophie actually glared at Meghan once.

The article is, of course, not open for comments as The Guardian knows quite well what would happen if it were.

It's just another of the many reasons I refuse to support The Guardian with contributions.

by Anonymousreply 119March 16, 2020 8:24 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 120March 16, 2020 9:31 PM

[quote]but admits she wouldn't mind if Prince Harry and Meghan Markle took the throne

we would rue the day. Could you imagine what a House of Markle reign would be like?

by Anonymousreply 121March 16, 2020 10:14 PM

R121 - The idiocy of some people is truly staggering.

A constitutional monarchy represents the nation - all of it, not just the Woke, and not just the metro-sexual urban luvvies.

Just shows you how badly our schools are doing, and why, despite all the nonnsense floated by Meghan's PR and her friends on the "left" - the Cambridges are going to save the monarchy,

by Anonymousreply 122March 16, 2020 11:27 PM

Karl von Hapsburg diagnosed with coronavirus.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 123March 16, 2020 11:35 PM

R122 = Far Right conservative who somehow found herself on a homosexual message board

by Anonymousreply 124March 17, 2020 2:24 AM

omg, I put R122 on block just to see what kinds of other things she posts. I am not exaggerating, literally THOUSANDS of replies on all about Meghan. It’s like a never ending list, I got tired of scrolling through it. How could one person be so unhinged at a faux royal? It’s insane.

by Anonymousreply 125March 17, 2020 2:28 AM

Lisa Nandy is a fuckwit, so there's no logical reason to listen to her on anything.

by Anonymousreply 126March 17, 2020 2:43 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 127March 17, 2020 2:03 PM

The Queen has cancelled all of the Buckingham Palace garden parties. Depending on how bad the corona virus outbreak will be, VE Day Celebrations, Trooping the Colour and Ascot could be axed next. Stay tuned.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 128March 17, 2020 2:20 PM

Swipe for Royal events that are cancelled.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 129March 17, 2020 2:30 PM

People cover story headline reads: "The End of An Era. A Heartbreaking Goodbye"

Ugh? Over-the-top melodramatic. Meghan has only been around for a couple of years. How can that be described as an "era"?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 130March 17, 2020 2:34 PM

D-r-a-m-a r130. It's all a blip on the radar in the scheme of things. Everyone will keep living and move on.

by Anonymousreply 131March 17, 2020 2:41 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 132March 17, 2020 3:48 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 133March 17, 2020 7:01 PM

R124 - Why, what do you know! Another historically ignorant Klan Troll!

Now blocked.

R122

by Anonymousreply 134March 17, 2020 7:03 PM

For the most part, PEOPLE has been solidly in Meghan's PR corner.

Can you credit it? If you factor in her maternity leave, she was on the job maybe 10 months - less than a year, and now it's an "era".

This is part of the Harkles' North American narrative: they were made to walk the plank, they never EVER WANTED to leave! They weren't planning this a year earlier! They weren't trademarking all that shit with the intention of merching their very royal names as the name of their merching empire!

The Cambridges, of course, will take the hit in North America where people don't know the nuances of all this, how insulting Meghan was to the Queen, how contemptuous of Britain, how she reneged on her agreement not to undermine Camilla's big speech . . .

The upside? North America can have them and rejoice. We can get shet of them and rejoice.

How delicious if the Trooping is cancelled - that would have been the Harkles' next opportunity to get photo ops demonstrating that they are, indeed, REAL ROYALTY!!!!!!!

Poor Bea's wedding is now apparently near the chopping block. My guess is a postponement till October.

by Anonymousreply 135March 17, 2020 7:09 PM

What are royals doing for their subjects during these trying times? Denmarks Queen Margrethe gave a speech! The ball's in your court Liz.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 136March 18, 2020 4:08 AM

Karl von Habsburg, Archduke of Austria, has been diagnosed with COVID-19.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 137March 18, 2020 9:18 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 138March 18, 2020 4:25 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 139March 18, 2020 4:28 PM

Eva O'Neil, mother of Christopher O'Neill, husband of Sweden's Princess Madeleine, had an on-off affair with Charles while he was married to Diana and dabbling with Camilla Parker-Bowles.

by Anonymousreply 140March 18, 2020 5:16 PM

R117 - According to Lady Colin Campbell, Eva O'Neil and the future Charles III had a long on-off affair while the future Charles III was married to Diana and carrying-on with the future Princess Consort.

by Anonymousreply 141March 18, 2020 5:30 PM

R141 - Charles really is a nasty piece of work. To think that the Archbishop of Canterbury will ANOINT this adulterous, spoiled, selfish, petty shit stain with holy water from the River Jordan at his coronation is blood rich. If I was the Archbishop, I would have to have a little chat with King Charles III and read him the riot act.

"I cannot in good conscience anoint you after all of your adulterous behavior. Why don't we just have a "blessing" instead of an "anointment" ceremony and pray for forgiveness of your sins and for you to become a better person in the future?"

by Anonymousreply 142March 18, 2020 5:36 PM

R122 - What is wrong with being woke? What is wrong with being an metro-sexual urban luvie? Do you realize you are posting on the DataLounge or did you think you were visiting the Commentariat of The Daily Fail?

by Anonymousreply 143March 18, 2020 5:36 PM

R142 - The future Charles III like his son the future William V has always had a wondering scepter.

The only differences between the two is that the future Charles III is a very dedicated hard worker and does not really care about cultivating and trimming a Rose bush.

by Anonymousreply 144March 18, 2020 5:44 PM

Will's video of support for the National Emergencies Trust.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 145March 18, 2020 5:46 PM

R144 - there is no proof of William having an affair with Rose or any other woman.

by Anonymousreply 146March 18, 2020 5:47 PM

R144 - Charles wanted to be Camilla's tampon back in the day. He is also an avid gardener so I'm sure he's trimmed a rose bush (or two).

by Anonymousreply 147March 18, 2020 5:50 PM

R146 - This is a gossip site. On a gossip site you do not need hard proof to gossip.

by Anonymousreply 148March 18, 2020 6:13 PM

Oh dear, Bea's wedding is officially cancelled. There goes photos of absurdly hatted women. The Trooping is cancelled, too, I believe - there goes another opportunity for the Harkles to remind the world of their royalty and by the time it rolls around next year, no one will give fuck all any longer.

I doubt the Sussexes would have been at the wedding, in any event. Perhaps this is a silver lining for Bea - by the time she reschedules (they are consulting with government and health officials) perhaps the fuss about Andrew will have died down further, she can do St. George's at Windsor, have a grander wedding, etc., etc.

I wonder if the Harkles will show up at Remembrance Day. I can't imagine the three senior royal ladies letting Meghan anywhere near them, and as she no longer serves the British monarchy and nation, why would she be up there on that balcony? And Harry's lost his military appointments.

COVID-19 might have done for the BRF what it couldn't do for itself: put so much distance between itself and the Harkles that they don't have to work at it any longer.

by Anonymousreply 149March 18, 2020 11:06 PM

R144 - The rumour was seeded by Meghan and launched through her friend, Nicole Cliffe. There was never an iota of proof.

by Anonymousreply 150March 18, 2020 11:08 PM

R39, it may be distinguished, but he’s a well-known drunk who’s nearly died a few times due to drinking.

by Anonymousreply 151March 19, 2020 2:58 AM

The beautiful Queen of Bhutan has had a second son.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 152March 19, 2020 1:44 PM

The King of Bhutan is one of the most handsome men in THE WORLD.

by Anonymousreply 153March 19, 2020 1:50 PM

For those interested in history, swipe for the Dukedom of Gloucester and Edinburgh.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 154March 19, 2020 2:21 PM

Swipe for just the Dukedom of Gloucester.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 155March 19, 2020 2:24 PM

The Queen’s Kent and Gloucester cousins are the most boring part of the British monarchy, in my opinion. I hope Charles retires them all immediately once he takes the throne, they are anachronisms from an older time and have nothing to do with a vision of a slimmer monarchy. The Queen has tremendous loyalty to her cousins, but Charles has absolutely NO reason why he should feel the same.

by Anonymousreply 156March 19, 2020 2:32 PM

Prince Albert of Monaco has the coronavirus.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 157March 19, 2020 3:44 PM

Aiko loves Baekhyun.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 158March 19, 2020 3:50 PM

If Albert has it, I wonder if his tragic-eyed beard/brood mare, Charlene, does?

Not that they probably have much to "do" with each other these days, now that the heir and spare have been duly produced in one shot.

by Anonymousreply 159March 19, 2020 4:12 PM

A message from The Queen.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 160March 19, 2020 4:47 PM

Philip? She never called him that, it’s always Prince Philip or, more rarely, “my husband.”

Interesting

by Anonymousreply 161March 19, 2020 5:05 PM

So, it appears that only Bea's reception at BP has been cancelled, she and Edo are still planning to get married end of May, but in a much quieter, more intimate service. Right now, the CoE has restricted wedding guests to the bridal couple, two guests, a witness, and the priest. Of course, by end of May that could be expanded, and Bea could still have a sprightlier wedding day, and they can hold the reception in the fall at Frogmore House or Windsor itself - Bea can wear her bridal outfit again.

Harry has announced that the Invictus Games 2020 are cancelled as well. Dear me, this virus is depriving the Harkles of sooooo many opportunities! The balcony of Buck House at the Trooping that would have reminded the world that they are, technically, anyway, ROYALTY . . . Bea's wedding, the Invictus Games, addressing large gatherings of bankers for big cheques. . . waving to crowds, showing up uninvited to nonprofits to show the world they're still "working" . . .

Whilst back in Britain, Kate and William take centre stage as Charles has to self-isolate because of his contact with Prince Albert nine days ago and the Queen retires to Windsor to wait out the virus . . .

Couldn't possibly be worse timing for the Harkles, who needed to strike while the iron was hot.

Oh, and I do love the latest IG post by Meghan, talking about how she and Harry would "share" with the world what they'd "learned" about staying safe and all that from the experts . . . which is, of course, not on jot different from what official sources have already put out all over the place.

The only thing Meghan is really sharing, of course, are reminders that she and Harry still exist.

She must be frantic behind the scenes, trying to find ways to put herself out there as if she really mattered before the iron gets cold and no one, anywhere, gives fuck all what she's doing or how.

Poster who predicted they'd be crawling back into the lap of the BRF may have some justification.

The question is, what would life be like back in the arms of the people they've been regularly sticking knives into publicly?

by Anonymousreply 162March 19, 2020 9:51 PM

I really wonder if Harry is going to stay in Canada being miserable and listening to Meghan scramble for social media attention and make promises she can't keep, of if he's going to do what he was raised to do and go back to some kind of public service during a crisis.

If someone in the Royal Family want to make a start at breaking up his marriage, they should call him and ask him to do some minor act of public service that doesn't involve Meghan.

by Anonymousreply 163March 19, 2020 10:01 PM

Did anyone actually watch the video of Harry talking about the cancellation of The Invictus Games?

According to a poster on another site, it's shambolic - you can see him reaching out to turn on the machine, his shirt is wrinkled, and it looks as if he's doing the video from the laundry room of whatever mansion he's in - in front of a wardrobe or something - he looks dreadful, sounds bad, and two posters on said site said they thought they heard him farting at some point . . .

I couldn't find a link to the video.

by Anonymousreply 164March 19, 2020 10:19 PM

I loved the photo of the Queen departing for Windsor in her car, with her faithful companion in the back with her.

The poise as she looked calmly out at the photographers snapping away . . .

No, not the Queen: the dog.

by Anonymousreply 165March 19, 2020 10:20 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 166March 19, 2020 10:58 PM

I'm pretty sure the "farting" is just his chair or cushion squeaking. Having said that, I agree that there's something pathetic about the video: he doesn't seem to realize that he has lost his importance.

by Anonymousreply 167March 20, 2020 1:47 AM

There's nothing wrong with the video--it's a standard celeb DIY video statement. I guess he could've done a bit more grooming.

The interesting thing is the subtext: 1) other people were working to make it happen after all (ie, Harry's just the face of it); 2) there isn't much left of his royal aura (and his military functions are gone), so what's even the point of his being the face of it? 3) he and Meghan are stranded in a nowhere limbo while the rest of the world attends to the crisis in the context their defined roles.

by Anonymousreply 168March 20, 2020 6:26 AM

R168 - I thought he was standing up when I saw it, not sitting on a cushion. But even if he were sitting, don't you think he'd have made sure the cushion wasn't "noisy" before making the video?

That said, I agree, there is something pathetic about the way he looks and sounds. The thing is, Meghan was banking on their royal status to make them millions and attract celebrity, show business, and corporate interest in their "work" - still totally undefined and unformed.

But Harry looked and sounded like anything but a scion of one of the most prestigious monarchies on the planet - they'd have been better off just posting the message on their IG account with their HRH Sussex coronet whilst they still can.

Compared to William's speech urging support for the new COVID-19 arm of the NES fund, Harry looked very much like the second-rate younger bro, ironically, the very image he keeps trying to escape. He'd have been much better off staying in, and if his wife had behaved with civility and charm, rather than petulance toward the people whose good will she thought she could do without because she was going to turn overnight into the most sought after celebrity in the world, he and William could have made that far superior video about the NES fund together.

It's unbelievable how badly they fucked this up.

And rewatching some of the Abbey footage, anything less dignified and mean-spirited than Meghan's rush forward through her row and around the front row of chairs to make sure she and Harry got behind the Cambridges, rather than the Wessexes who, closer to the aisle, would have been first out, can scarcely be imagined.

by Anonymousreply 169March 20, 2020 2:09 PM

Prince Charles and Prince Albert of Monaco were together on March 10th for a Water Aid event. Albert has now tested positive for the Corona Virus.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 170March 20, 2020 3:05 PM

R169 - I noticed Meghan's rush too. She practically knocked over the front chairs to get to the aisle. LOL.

by Anonymousreply 171March 20, 2020 3:07 PM

Where’s the footage of Megan rushing out of her seat at the Commonwealth service?

by Anonymousreply 172March 20, 2020 3:21 PM

R172 - here it is.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 173March 20, 2020 3:27 PM

The interesting bit about that footage is that ANYONE who has spent any time at church services, grand or ordinary, knows the protocol for moving out of rows and into the aisle both to receive eucharist and leave after the service. The row in front of you exits completely first, then the person nearest the aisle in your row. The Sussexes were seated according to protocol: the Queen, the senior royal present, on the extreme side aisle seat, going past everyone else who bow and curtsy as she goes to her seat; then she exits first past the others in the first rank (Camilla, Charles, William and Kate). Then right behind the Queen in a left-right loop, Prince Harry and his wife are seated according to rank, and then Prince Edward and his wife seated last in that row and farthest from the Queen. Had Andrew attended, he would have been in Harry's seat, probably with one of his daughters next to him, and the Wessexes would have been in the third row.

So the. Sussexes, according to protocol were seated first in that second row and behind the Queen, and Wessexes last in and farthest from the Queen.

But it works in reverse upon exiting: Queen past the first row first, followed by everyone in that row, and then the second row exiting from closest to the aisle.

Meghan's disgraceful exhibition, moving through the first row e chairs, pushing them aside so she can get through and cut off the Wessex's exit, so she and Harry could occupy a (no longer relevant) place in the procession out, was the poster illustration of who she really is.

Oh, she's rising above all that petty jealousy, all right!

And anyone who thinks that little passive-aggressive bit of classic Meghan bitchery was lost on anyone present, from the clerics to the Queen to Charles and Camilla and the Cambridges, should think again.

Meghan is doing her best to make it impossible for them to re-enter the Golden Circle.

by Anonymousreply 174March 20, 2020 3:59 PM

Swipe for British Monarchs - Part Three.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 175March 20, 2020 5:53 PM

Shouldn’t Princess Stephanie of Monaco have a comital title secondary to her princely one? Her paternal grandfather was a French duke from a very old distinguished noble family, prior to marrying Prince Rainier’s mother in the 1920s.

by Anonymousreply 176March 20, 2020 5:57 PM

Princess Leonor resembles Dannielynn!

by Anonymousreply 177March 21, 2020 4:56 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 178March 21, 2020 4:43 PM

Swipe for the Cullinan V Brooch.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 179March 21, 2020 4:49 PM

I bet there is no holding back on opinions of the Harkles in the Wessex household especially on Sophie's part given her glaring stares last week.

by Anonymousreply 180March 21, 2020 4:49 PM

Will and Kate visited some NHS staff in Croydon. Her pink suit was from M & S.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 181March 21, 2020 4:56 PM

Pippa's son Arthur.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 182March 21, 2020 5:09 PM

James Middleton's summer wedding is on hold.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 183March 21, 2020 5:10 PM

Pippa’s son looks like cousin Louis.

by Anonymousreply 184March 22, 2020 3:48 AM

I didn't care for Kate's NHS pantsuit. The pants length looks strange to my eye. The whole effect seems intended to show off her thigh gap.

Too bad about the weddings, I was looking forward to them.

by Anonymousreply 185March 22, 2020 1:42 PM

Swipe for the Mother's Day post from the Cambridge Family.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 186March 22, 2020 1:51 PM

A tweet from royal correspondent Roya Nikkhah:

"The Queen WILL make an historic address to the nation on the #coronavirus crisis. Her Majesty is learning to use Skype and FaceTime to keep in touch and up to speed, while the Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall have moved to Scotland @thesundaytimes."

by Anonymousreply 187March 22, 2020 1:54 PM

Charles via Clarence House posted this photo for Mother's Day.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 188March 22, 2020 2:04 PM

Margareta, Custodian of the Romanian Crown, is offering accommodations for people who will need to be quarantined.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 189March 22, 2020 2:09 PM

It's Tiara Time...The Five Aquamarine Tiara.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 190March 22, 2020 2:10 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 191March 22, 2020 2:20 PM

That Dubai “leader” in R6 always looks like EVIL personified.

by Anonymousreply 192March 22, 2020 2:27 PM

Swipe for Eugenie's Mother's Day post.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 193March 22, 2020 4:30 PM

R173 Wow haha, I had to watch it a couple of times to get it, but that was some maneuver! She had NO intention of following Edward and Sophie. Just plowed right through in all her Nolan Miller-bedecked glory, Harry dutifully in her wake. God I love her.

by Anonymousreply 194March 22, 2020 4:37 PM

R193, Jack Brooksbank is so cute! They really look happy together.

by Anonymousreply 195March 22, 2020 6:07 PM

Some of these tiara designs are just not very good. I’d love to see an international design competition for new royal tiaras. Maybe a gemstone company could sponsor it.

by Anonymousreply 196March 22, 2020 6:13 PM

Yeah, the Five Aquamarine tiara looks cheap. Now here's a serious tiara! Honking big stones of the finest quality, and enough diamonds to choke a pony!

As for a tiara competition, maybe when Charlotte is old enough to wear a tiara, or Katie becomes queen.

by Anonymousreply 197March 22, 2020 6:28 PM

R196 - As Lorelei might have said, I love diamonds but they are wasted in that tiara . . .

There aren't many tiaras I cannot love, but that aquamarine mess is one of them - the Queen has a much more impressive one with oblong aquas in it of a much deeper colour. Mind, that one is second-tier, also, to the Vladimir, the Girls of Great Britain and Ireland, the Honeycomb, the Delhi Durbar, and the two fringes and the Kokoshnik - but still.

by Anonymousreply 198March 22, 2020 7:51 PM

I agree Sophie Wessex's Five Aquamarine tiara is not very attractive, but the Wessex Aquamarine necklace Tiara her husband bought just for her is one of my favorites among working royals. It's probably my favorite "cyclops" tiara (i.e. where one big gemstone is prominently featured at the top center).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 199March 22, 2020 7:58 PM

It's especially nice on Sophie because it matches the color of her eyes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 200March 22, 2020 8:00 PM

The tiara format is actually rather great. A designer could have a lot of fun with it.

by Anonymousreply 201March 22, 2020 8:08 PM

R199 - Well, that is a better one - more along the lines of the Greville Kokoshnik, almost a bandeau look, very Belle Epoque. And the necklace is lovely.

But none of these show the colour of those spectacular Brazilian aquas in the tiara with the huge oblong stones.

by Anonymousreply 202March 23, 2020 12:22 AM

Sophie doesn’t need any more aquamarine though, we’ve seen her in three aquamarine tiaras already.

and Meghan won’t ever wear one again, bwahahahaha!!!!

by Anonymousreply 203March 23, 2020 1:41 AM

R203, Not so fast! There's a;ways Etsy!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 204March 23, 2020 1:51 AM

Here's Elizabeth's serious aquamarine tiara, with a matching necklace made of up monster matching stones, and a few other random jewels because what the hell!

Ooh, I'd love to try it on, I've got blue-green eyes and red hair and wouldn't it look fabulous?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 205March 23, 2020 3:27 AM

R205 love these tiaras!

by Anonymousreply 206March 23, 2020 4:48 AM

[quote]Charles may have loved his dog Harvey more than his first wife, Diana. LOL.

He certainly loved his Rottweiler Camilla more than Diana.

by Anonymousreply 207March 23, 2020 5:17 AM

Here is the actual exit procession at Commonwealth Day. I'm no fan of Markle, but I don't feel she pushed her way ahead of Edward and Sophie. They waited and allowed Harry and Markle to follow Will and Kate.

Watch at 1:04:15

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 208March 23, 2020 7:18 AM

R207 - And neither creature treated him with the contempt and fury that Diana did from the moment the ring was on her finger. The Honeymoon from Hell, Tina Brown called it.

by Anonymousreply 209March 23, 2020 12:12 PM

I see that in absolute desperation to keep her name in the headlines, Meghan has persuaded members of the "Suits" cast to give fodder to the DM in a piece called, "Meghan Gets Stuff Done!" . . .

She really doesn't get it, does she? She's pushing herself into the news with a transparent piece yet again by Omid Scobie amidst a worldwide crisis . . . she really has no clue about optics, does she? Nor does Scobie, nor does Sunshine Sachs?

You should see the comments piling up. Some favourites so far:

"We all know that Mr Scooby-Doo is Sunshine Sachs UK agent so we dont was believe a word of what's printed about a megalomaniacal narcissist with a Mother Theresa Complex"

"Oh ffs. give it a rest. It's a bit late for the charm offensive, nobody believes a word of it"

"Here we go, pr bull s###"

"Jesus pr team on full swing. No. One. Cares. Go. Away. For. Good."

"This is the saddest excuse for a news article Ive ever seen."

by Anonymousreply 210March 23, 2020 1:14 PM

R210 - Why do you have a problem with Sunshine Sachs? I do not understand all negativity on The DataLounge towards Sunshine Sachs.

by Anonymousreply 211March 23, 2020 1:18 PM

Ah, Part 2 of the Greta-Harry Hoax Call was released this morning in the UK - THAT explains the sudden rush appearance of a story by Omid Scobie on the Suits cast praising Meghan for Getting Stuff Done (with food purchased by the production company, who would have distributed it anyway, it's common practice).

by Anonymousreply 212March 23, 2020 1:19 PM

More news on the grapevine is that Meghan, Archie, and Harry will all be on the May VF and VOGUE covers. The latter was intended to coincide with the Meg Gala, but the Gala has been cancelled.

Can't wait.

by Anonymousreply 213March 23, 2020 1:36 PM

The rest of the call dropped?? Where is it?

by Anonymousreply 214March 23, 2020 2:50 PM

I listened to this today. Not sure if it's the latest. At the end, Harry says he didn't know he is related to the Romanoffs. Unbelievable.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 215March 23, 2020 2:57 PM

^Romanovs, not Strawberries Romanoff.

by Anonymousreply 216March 23, 2020 3:36 PM

The Queen on the cover of Hello magazine.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 217March 23, 2020 4:02 PM

Today Princess Eugenie turns 30 years old.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 218March 23, 2020 4:16 PM

Swipe for photos of Eugenie.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 219March 23, 2020 4:17 PM

Kate resembles her mother.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 220March 23, 2020 4:20 PM

Sophie's message to parents and carers.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 221March 23, 2020 5:34 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 222March 23, 2020 7:10 PM

Bill Cambridge is a loser.

by Anonymousreply 223March 23, 2020 7:37 PM

Such sour grapes from the real losers.

by Anonymousreply 224March 23, 2020 7:53 PM

Bill Cambridge - "loser": next Prince of Wales, heir to the riches of the Duchy of Cornwall once his father becomes King, then future King of Great Britain and Northern Ireland and Head of the Commonwealth and will then inherit the riches of the Duchy of Lancaster whilst his son, a future Prince of Wales, inherits the wealth of the Duchy of Cornwall, whose descendants will be the direct line . . .

It's just unbearable, isn't it?

Ah, what a loser - no wonder Meghan keeps looking at Kate and thinking, "If only I'd known, and gotten there in time, if only I'd gone to St. Andrews instead of Northwestern, if only I'd ditched the actress bit an gone in for Art History, instead I'm stuck sucking the cock of this infantile whinger that I have to pull along to make something of himself because he couldn't find his arse with both hands and a map . . .!"

by Anonymousreply 225March 23, 2020 8:21 PM

R225, one can think Prince William is a loser without being a fan of MM. it’s not always about her.

by Anonymousreply 226March 23, 2020 8:29 PM

Does anyone know if Harry ever commanded a helicopter in Afghanistan, as opposed to being a co-pilot/gunner? I've only found evidence of the latter.

by Anonymousreply 227March 23, 2020 9:04 PM

Funny how they aren't even trying to make Charles look statesmanlike.

by Anonymousreply 228March 23, 2020 9:32 PM

Charles decamping to Balmoral seems like a bad PR move.

by Anonymousreply 229March 23, 2020 9:38 PM

Well, Charles may have actually been exposed, so he's seriously self-isolating, or ought to be.

Still, you'd think they'd try to make him make some statesmanline online appearances.

by Anonymousreply 230March 23, 2020 9:55 PM

R227 I have wondered exactly the same thing. Hopefully someone has an answer.

by Anonymousreply 231March 23, 2020 10:10 PM

I wasn't implying that Charles shouldn't self-isolate. I think Highgrove would have been a better choice PR-wise.

by Anonymousreply 232March 23, 2020 10:41 PM

Come off it: he may not be your idea of likable, brilliant, or statesmanlike, but calling Prince William a "loser" is absurd. His prospects make the term laughable, he was big and handsome in his twenties and the dream catch of millions. You can call him pigeon pie and cut him up and eat him, but "loser"??!! Really??

Is Charles up at Balmoral, or at one of his other Scottish places, like Birkhall? I would suspect Birkhall: it's close to Balmoral but smaller - more a large country estate as opposed to a castle, and thus requires less staff. The Express only says he is "reportedly" at Balmoral, which usually means they don't know but are making an educated guess.

One would think Birkhall would be the better site.

by Anonymousreply 233March 23, 2020 11:04 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 234March 24, 2020 12:06 AM

Camilla could volunteer for vaccine experiments. She has the face for it.

by Anonymousreply 235March 24, 2020 12:37 AM

this was supposed to be a thread for ALL royals. You all think there’s only one royal family in the world

by Anonymousreply 236March 24, 2020 2:05 AM

[quote]Over 6.7 million people watch as King Willem-Alexander addresses the nation

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 237March 24, 2020 2:22 AM

[quote]On Tuesday Crown Princess Katherine donated 8 defibrillators worth more than 41,000 Euros to hospitals in the Serbian cities of Vranje, Smederevo, Kikinda, Čuprija, Valjevo, Leskovac, Krusevac and Loznica. The defibrillators arrive in Serbian hospitals at the right time, when Serbia is battling the vicious COVID-19 virus, and defibrillators are crucial in the fight for the life of patients who are most susceptible to the virus.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 238March 24, 2020 2:23 AM

[quote]Japan's Princess Aiko graduates from high school

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 239March 24, 2020 2:25 AM

Fuck off, R223.

by Anonymousreply 240March 24, 2020 2:37 AM

Rolls eyes at R236.

by Anonymousreply 241March 24, 2020 2:39 AM

[quote]Absent king riles Thais as Covid-19 cases surge

The people of Thailand are unhappy that their King continues to shelter in Germany during the current epidemic. Remember, dissent (even online) is illegal in Thailand.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 242March 24, 2020 3:28 AM

Did Princess Aiko get sent to a real high school, or was she kept at home and tutored?

If she was sent to a real high school, I assume it's super posh, the Eton of Japan.

by Anonymousreply 243March 24, 2020 3:39 AM

R243, The school was established to educate the children of Japan's nobility (according to their Wiki): I'm not in a position to compare it to Eton.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 244March 24, 2020 3:50 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 245March 24, 2020 6:40 AM

R245 continued

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 246March 24, 2020 6:40 AM

R225 & R233 - I do not like Bill Cambridge. I do not think Bill Cambridge will make a good King. However, it really does not matter as the British works perfectly fine with good monarch or bad monarch.

Not everything is about Meghan, Duchess of Sussex and/or Henry, Duke of Sussex. How one feels about Bill Cambridge has nothing to do with how one feels about Meghan and/or Harry.

by Anonymousreply 247March 24, 2020 12:57 PM

Returning to Other Royals - King Willem-Alexander of The Netherlands I believe is making a speech focused on COVID-19 to his nation today, which will be followed by one to Britain by QEII on Thursday.

On Tuesday it was confirmed that Karl von Habsburg, the Archduke of Austria, has been diagnosed with COVID-19 and is now being quarantined. He said, "It's annoying but this isn't the black plague . . ."

Queen Margrethe of Denmark I believe made a pre-recorded speech to the Danes last week after putting up a statement on the Kongehuset (royal house) web site.

The King and Queen of Norway are in quarantine due to their age, and the King is teleconferencing with Councillors of State.

Queen Maxima of the Netherlands her husband King Willem-Alexander and their three children have also recorded a special video thanking care workers for all their efforts in the midst of the coronavirus pandemic.

Prince Albert has tested positive for the virus.

King Felipe of Spain has also given an address to the nation, after he and his consort, Letizia, were both tested for the virus.

by Anonymousreply 248March 24, 2020 1:18 PM

R242 The King of Thailand has such a dark energy. He gives me the shivers.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 249March 24, 2020 1:24 PM

R247 - "British System"

by Anonymousreply 250March 24, 2020 1:24 PM

Fergie wished her daughter Eugenie a Happy Birthday by posting this unseen wedding photo.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 251March 24, 2020 1:46 PM

Swipe to see how much Royal fashions have changed from the 50's to the present.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 252March 24, 2020 1:50 PM

One of my favorite photos of Diana.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 253March 24, 2020 1:57 PM

The King of Thailand is a tran and is long rumored to have full blown AIDS

by Anonymousreply 254March 24, 2020 5:36 PM

Yeah, even when dressed appropriately or regally, the current King of Thailand looks shady as fuck.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 255March 24, 2020 7:36 PM

Thai men are really ugly.

by Anonymousreply 256March 24, 2020 8:21 PM

R254, are you saying he was born female? Or he desires to be a female?

by Anonymousreply 257March 24, 2020 8:22 PM

R253 - You can see a lot of William in that young photo of Diana. Harry started out looking like a Spencer because of the red hair, but increasingly he looks more like his grandfather, Prince Philip, only an aged version, not the young Viking version, and like Charles. William was the luckier one in the looks department, as well.

by Anonymousreply 258March 24, 2020 8:26 PM

William looked so much like Diana when he was younger, but he's started to look more like a Windsor as the years have gone by.

by Anonymousreply 259March 24, 2020 10:22 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 260March 24, 2020 10:56 PM

Even Fergie, Eugenie, and her husband can manage to do something more tangible and sensible than the fucking Harkles, putting up, belatedly, advice from the WHO that's been out there for weeks.

I think they're trying to get as many IG posts up under their SussexRoyal HRH label whilst they can. They have no idea, do they, how inane, transparent, pompous, self-important, and out of touch they look, do they?

by Anonymousreply 261March 24, 2020 11:04 PM

Hugo Vickers on Harry.

[quote] I could be wrong, I just think that unless he’s a figure on the balcony, and unless he’s wearing that uniform, what is he? He’s just a guy with a beard and a wooly hat. And that’s not going to last very long,” says Vickers, referring to the shot of a jet-lagged Prince Harry stepping off the plane at Vancouver International Airport in early January. “Most of us feel that he’s rather out of his depth, and he’s being manipulated, which I don’t like."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 262March 24, 2020 11:04 PM

R262 - Tell us something we don't know, Mr Vickers.

Or better yet, tell it to the fraus on Celebitchy.

by Anonymousreply 263March 24, 2020 11:12 PM

I can't believe the Commonwealth Day Service was just over two weeks ago. All those people packed into Westminster Abbey, sitting right next to one another. The UK is a completely different place now.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 264March 24, 2020 11:25 PM

R263 types like she has a slight fever and a dry cough.

Good. All that omniscience has no place in this puny world, especially combined with such misspent pissiness.

by Anonymousreply 265March 25, 2020 2:50 AM

"William looked so much like Diana when he was younger, but he's started to look more like a Windsor as the years have gone by. "

When William was young he had Diana's spectacular natural coloring, the blonde hair and red cheeks, both of which naturally fade with maturity. Diana kept her hair blonde and her cheeks colored with makeup, but William had to let his hair fade and fall out and his high color fade away... to reveal Charles's problematic bone structure.

What can he do now, except look "statesmanlike".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 266March 25, 2020 3:28 AM

R265 writes like someone who issues death threats to people she doesn't know on behalf of Meghan Markle.

Reminds me of someone . . . wait . . . could it be . . . our very own Klan Troll?

Look, up in the sky: it's a bird! It's a plane! No, it's . . .. the Datalounge Klan Troll - trailing dark smoke out of her arse . . .

by Anonymousreply 267March 25, 2020 12:27 PM

It's Tiara Time...swipe for the Gloucester Honeysuckle Tiara.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 268March 25, 2020 1:48 PM

Swipe for the history of The Princess Royal title.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 269March 25, 2020 1:53 PM

Swipe for the Dukedom of Clarence and St. Andrews.

FYI - The Earl of St Andrews is now the son of the Duke of Kent.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 270March 25, 2020 1:57 PM

R268 - I say, that Gloucester Honeysuckle tiara is gorgeous. But how do they swap out that center blossom for a large central gem? Does it get pulled up from the frame via a pin at the bottom? And is that a pink topaz she's got in one photo, matching a pendant, or pink tourmaline, or a deep pink morganite?

by Anonymousreply 271March 25, 2020 2:06 PM

I second R271, that is a magnificent tiara, and now one of my favorites! I actually like it best with just the diamond ls, but I think it's from interesting that the center gem is somehow exchangeable.

Queen Mary sure knew how to recycle her jewelry and add more.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 272March 25, 2020 3:55 PM

the Tiara Troll always fills up these threads with her nonsense because she’s a Smeg fan and wants to fill up the threads until they close

by Anonymousreply 273March 25, 2020 6:31 PM

I don’t know, R273, I had looked upon the Tiara poster as friend of the BRF and royalty in general to show that they carry on (with their jewels, deep history, duties and such) without being tilted off center by any upstarts, commoners, or hoi polloi.

by Anonymousreply 274March 25, 2020 7:12 PM

Go boil your head, R273, some of us are deeply interested in tiaras!

Not that we'd ever admit it in public.

by Anonymousreply 275March 25, 2020 8:15 PM

Does the oldest (drag) queen in the world deserve applause for her undoubted foibles? Miss Michelle DuBarry of Toronto turns 89 this year!

And that tiara!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 276March 25, 2020 9:24 PM

Hats off to the Tiara Poster for helping to lighten the atmosphere and remind us of why we pay attention to royals at all.

And I despise Meghan Markle - who, thankfully, will never again wear a tiara but that once in her life unless her husband buys her one with money he saved by not paying for the renovations or furnishings of his home, or his wife's wardrobe.

by Anonymousreply 277March 25, 2020 10:18 PM

R273, The Klan Troll has frequently attacked the Tiara Troll, and anyone else who isn't prepared to sing the glories of that one, specific person. Which is why I'm very grateful for the Tiara Troll and most of the other DL denizens who chat about the Royals (including those from outside the UK).

by Anonymousreply 278March 25, 2020 10:54 PM

Sarah Ferguson has commented.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 279March 26, 2020 9:32 AM

R248 "It's annoying, but it isn't the Black Plague." That's funny, good for the Archdook, wish him a speedy recovery.

by Anonymousreply 280March 26, 2020 12:56 PM

The Queen held her weekly audience with the British PM by telephone.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 281March 26, 2020 1:26 PM

R281 - Tiara Troll do not ever leave us!

by Anonymousreply 282March 26, 2020 1:42 PM

Swipe for the Nizam of Hyderabad necklace.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 283March 26, 2020 2:05 PM

R383 - That is a MAJOR piece of jewellery. I'm not sure I like it, though - it seems a bit . . . clunky.

I think I liked it better on HM than Kate. It went better with the kinds of gowns the Queen wore than Kate's more modern ones.

I wonder what it weighs?

by Anonymousreply 284March 26, 2020 2:15 PM

That Nizam necklace is stunning! I think Kate's mistake is wearing it with her hair down and it really needs a low, off the shoulder gown to set it off.

The tiara is beautiful as well, good proportions. Unfortunately it was broken up to create the Burmese ruby tiara according to the caption.

When the queen lends out her jewels, I wonder if it's the same as the tiaras, a "selection". bEcause you couldnt wear that necklace with a high necked gown. (Well you could but it wouldnt look as good) So which comes first, the jewels or the gown?

by Anonymousreply 285March 26, 2020 2:29 PM

Meghan has announced her first post-royal role: narrating a Disney documentary about elephants.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 286March 26, 2020 5:02 PM

The Tiara Troll is a Sparkle stan and want to fill up ALL royal threads in order to prevent criticism posts of her heroine.

by Anonymousreply 287March 26, 2020 6:14 PM

I'm telling you again, lay OFF the Tiara Troll!

She's a treasure.

by Anonymousreply 288March 26, 2020 6:33 PM

I, too, extol

The Tiara Troll

by Anonymousreply 289March 26, 2020 6:37 PM

R287. Please fuck off.

by Anonymousreply 290March 26, 2020 6:55 PM

Well, R287, it’s not working, is it? There is plenty of megraking on these threads.

by Anonymousreply 291March 26, 2020 7:06 PM

Once and for all...I'm not going anywhere.

It's Tiara Time...swipe for the Cartier Halo Tiara.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 292March 26, 2020 7:18 PM

I love the Cartier Halo, R92. It's elegant and understated (well, as understated as a diamond tiara can be).

by Anonymousreply 293March 26, 2020 7:24 PM

Ugly people.

You would think that with all that cash they could afford some plastic surgery. Trash is trash.

by Anonymousreply 294March 26, 2020 7:32 PM

The Duchess of Cambridge shouldn't have worn the Nizam with her hair down like that. It all looked terrible. R284 is right.

Interesting how HM and Margaret could always wear anything from the age of 15 on and look perfect, which not even their mother could do until she was 45. Diana's appearance in gems was spotty until she was well into the marriage.

But no one in the younger generation looks right with these historic adornments.

And the Princess Royal makes everything look like a dog collar.

by Anonymousreply 295March 26, 2020 7:46 PM

The Cambridge kids clapping to thank those working on the front line.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 296March 26, 2020 9:11 PM

Another upvote for the Cartier Halo Tiara - agree that it is understated but not skimpy. It was a brilliant choice for Kate's wedding ensemble.

by Anonymousreply 297March 26, 2020 10:36 PM

R286 - That's actually old news - it's being released in early April for Earth Month, but the gig was announced much earlier - that was the gig she got after Harry pitched her doing voiceovers to Bob Eiger at the Lion King Premiere - and event for which he ditched a big Royal Marine event.

by Anonymousreply 298March 26, 2020 10:53 PM

I also love Tiara Time!

by Anonymousreply 299March 26, 2020 11:08 PM

there’s more tiaras in this world than just British ones, and there’s more royals in this world besides the British too. Get with the times, The UK is irrelevant now, the British Empire is over.

by Anonymousreply 300March 27, 2020 4:59 AM

R300 You and other Meghan fans just hate seeing the tiaras your idol won't be wearing.

by Anonymousreply 301March 27, 2020 10:18 AM

It's Tiara Time...swipe for the Delhi Durbar Tiara. Personally, I think there is such a thing as "TOO HIGH & TOO BIG" when it comes to tiaras.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 302March 27, 2020 2:31 PM

Here is the Chaumet Emerald Tiara worn by the ladies of Luxembourg. I don't like it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 303March 27, 2020 2:32 PM

Swipe for the Laurel Wreath Tiara worn by the Belgian Queen Mathilde. I love it!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 304March 27, 2020 2:33 PM

Damn those kids are cute, Louis especially.

by Anonymousreply 305March 27, 2020 2:33 PM

The first royal to die of Covid-19 is Princess Marie Therese of Bourbon Parma. Her brother was once married to Dutch Princess Irene.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 306March 27, 2020 2:36 PM

The Wessex family also made a video for the Covid carers yesterday.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 307March 27, 2020 2:38 PM

The Chaumet Tiara is beautiful but it appears to be difficult to wear - it needs a really pretty, well-shaped face underneath.

The Delhi Durbar is, er, well - it is what it is. It looked bad on the Queen Mum, she was too short and round-faced for it; Camilla seems to carry it off but let's face it: Queen Mary wore it best.

The Cambridge kids are indeed incredibly attractive. Somewhat lamely, the Harkles followed that up with a series of emoji claps on their IG site, to much jeering from the public at the "impersonal" gesture when everyone else posted individual images.

by Anonymousreply 308March 27, 2020 2:42 PM

R305 - He is, isn't he? I love Louis too!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 309March 27, 2020 2:42 PM

George is getting tall.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 310March 27, 2020 2:48 PM

All I can see is Charlotte's mouth. LOL.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 311March 27, 2020 2:48 PM

Fergie on the cover of the Australian mag Women's Weekly. Can anyone say photo shopped?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 312March 27, 2020 2:56 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 313March 27, 2020 4:58 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 314March 27, 2020 4:58 PM

Shut up Sparkle Stan! aka Tiara Troll

no one is interested in your tiaras and you blow up these threads in order to prevent anti Meghan posts or anything critical about her and Harry.

by Anonymousreply 315March 27, 2020 5:00 PM

^ Sorry for the double post.

by Anonymousreply 316March 27, 2020 5:02 PM

George and Charlotte are losing their milk teeth and getting their adult ones - kids' mouths always look weird at that time.

Louis, however, is clearly going to be the heartthrob of the brood - God, what a handsome child!!! The three kids look very different from each other. Louis is all Middleton, George looks quite Spencerian, and Charlotte looks terribly Windsor - she is going to look like the Queen in her teen years.

Princess Irene of The Netherlands was a convert to Catholicism when she married the Spanish Duke of Parma, for which act she lost her place in the line of succession. The marriage ended in divorce and the Princess then became very left wing, later turning to pantheism. But her conversion and marriage to the Spanish aristo was a huge, huge deal at the time. The Dutch and the Spanish had had a long conflict at one time. Only renouncing her rights to the succession cooled things down.

I always thought Duke Hugo pinged to high Heaven, frankly. I wasn't surprised that the marriage failed - he reminded me only too much of the Infanta Elena's husband a generation later, and that one failed, eventually, too.

by Anonymousreply 317March 27, 2020 6:57 PM

Swipe for wedding photos of Prince George, Duke of Kent and Princess Marina of Greece and Denmark. She's wearing the Vladimir Fringe Tiara.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 318March 27, 2020 7:43 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 319March 27, 2020 7:55 PM

R315 - I love the Tiara Troll.

by Anonymousreply 320March 27, 2020 8:03 PM

R315 I'm confused. Aren't Meghan fans the ones who hate tiara posts?

by Anonymousreply 321March 27, 2020 8:09 PM

Meghan fans hate pretty much anyone who isn't their chosen one.

by Anonymousreply 322March 27, 2020 9:15 PM

The Delhi Durbar of 1911.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 323March 27, 2020 9:21 PM

TIARA FIGHT!!! GRAB A BIG ONE HAD WHACK AWAY!!!

I'm grabbing someothing from Camilla, she always has the biggest jewels.

by Anonymousreply 324March 27, 2020 9:51 PM

Marina looks terribly Russian in her wedding ensemble - which she actually was, on her mother's side, as a great-granddaughter of Tsar Alexander II, despite being a Princess of Greece and Denmark. I love the Fringe tiara, of which there appear to be several scattered through the royal collection. But the dress with its cowl neck and large cuffs also have a rich look about them that suggests the Eastern Orthodox churches.

Marina was the only royal wife of that generation who was genuinely royal, not just an aristocrat. She used to refer to the Queen Mother as "that common little Scottish girl", although that was only when Elizabeth was Duchess of York. When Elizabeth ended up Queen Consort and Empress of India, Marina shut up and fell into respectful line.

Factoid: Like the Queen Mother, Marina's engagement ring was also a large Kashmir sapphire set in platinum, and she, too, was painted by Philip de Laszlo.

I wonder what became of both engagement rings?

by Anonymousreply 325March 27, 2020 11:36 PM

Princess Alexandra of Kent inherited her mother's lopsided smile and lovely skin, but wasn't quite as pretty.

by Anonymousreply 326March 27, 2020 11:38 PM

Yawn, R300.

by Anonymousreply 327March 28, 2020 6:13 PM

R304 It's a nice little "casual" tiara.

by Anonymousreply 328March 28, 2020 6:15 PM

When worn on the forehead like that, R303, the Chaumet Emerald Tiara looks like a Wonder Woman headband.

by Anonymousreply 329March 28, 2020 6:22 PM

Camilla does seem to like jewelry that's too, TOO MUCH. I kind of like her what-the-hell-pile-it-on style, it's not tasteful but it looks like she's having fun piling diamonds on top of more diamonds.

A small "tasteful" tiara like the one Kate Middleton wore for her wedding or that Meghan wore (or was forced to wear!) for her wedding would get lost in all of Camilla's hair. She has to participate in more state functions now than any other woman in the royal family other than the queen so she has to wear royal jewels more often, and she's allowed the younger women to be associated with the smaller, tasteful jewels (you're only supposed to wear a lot of jewels if you're wrinkled and not a beauty yourself--to distract from your unattractiveness), and she cannot wear the beautiful bigger ones associated with the queen and thus entirely just for her use (like the Vladimir Tiara with the Cambridge Emeralds). So she has wisely helped herself to the Queen Mother's more hideous pieces , since she needs jewels for state occasions, since no one wanted them anyway, and has a great deal of fun with them.

by Anonymousreply 330March 28, 2020 7:04 PM

Camilla will have her pick of the collection in due time. We’ll see her in everything from the George IV diadem to the Vladimir once Charles succeeds.

by Anonymousreply 331March 28, 2020 7:13 PM

R300 here.

Enjoying the results of "other royalty."

by Anonymousreply 332March 28, 2020 7:22 PM

R330 - Actually, the Delhi Durbar was one of Queen Mary's pieces, like many others the Queen Mother wore. So is the Girls of Great Britain and Ireland Tiara. The QM's additions were mostly those from the Greville Bequest, which included the gorgeous emerald bandeau tiara that Eugenie wore on her wedding day and that Meghan probably wanted. The bequest included ropes of pearls the size of grapes and some serious diamonds. Most of the rest of what the QM wore were historic jewels from Victoria and Mary and Alexandra.

Kate has been allowed to wear the emerald and diamond drop earrings containing some of the Cambridge emeralds that the Queen often wears with the Vladimir.

by Anonymousreply 333March 28, 2020 8:49 PM

The Diamond Festoon Necklace that Camilla often wears often is also part of the Greville Bequest, as is the Honeycomb Tiara that Camilla wears. The Ruby and Diamond Floral Bandeau Necklace, which I think Kate has also been leant once, is also part of the Greville, and so are the pearl and diamond drop earrings that Diana, and now Kate, put with the Cambridge Lover's Knot Tiara.

I'd be curious as to what "hideous things" of the Queen Mother's you are referring to.

by Anonymousreply 334March 28, 2020 8:53 PM

R300/R332 (et al.) thinks she's watching pay-per-view.

DO WHAT SHE SAYS OR SHE'LL KEEP BITCHING.

Like a woman.

by Anonymousreply 335March 28, 2020 11:17 PM

Here, R300.

Now shut up.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 336March 28, 2020 11:19 PM

Double Yawn, R300.

It's one of the most superb jewellery collections in the world. No one gives a fuck about the Empire. But oddly, their comings and goings do seem to hit the papers a lot, and there are millions of girls out there who still dream about marrying in, but I doubt the same number were dreaming about marrying Felipe, Frederik, Haakon, and Guillaume . . .

William was THE pinup of his generation. So much for lost Empire.

by Anonymousreply 337March 28, 2020 11:26 PM

Will and Kate are busy on the phone to support mental health during the virus crisis.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 338March 29, 2020 3:28 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 339March 29, 2020 3:41 PM

R307 Viscount Severn is a serious young man

by Anonymousreply 340March 29, 2020 4:04 PM

Lady Louise Mountbatten Windsor hopefully is a great intellect or athlete. Because she won’t get far with her looks.

by Anonymousreply 341March 29, 2020 4:06 PM

R339 - The impact of the Queen getting and dying of this before Philip, who is already a walking cadaver, would be ironic and a huge story in Britain.

by Anonymousreply 342March 29, 2020 4:10 PM

I disagree about lady Louise. I think she’s going to blossom into an unconventional beauty. She has a Marianne Faithfull vibe about her.

by Anonymousreply 343March 29, 2020 6:39 PM

I believe Lady Louise is still growing into her looks. She's received treatment for strabismus, which seems to have worked. It's a shame Edward and Sophie don't seem to have looked into orthodontia for her, but she can do something about that herself. Louise has taken up carriage driving, which takes some intestinal fortitude: I think she'll mature as a person of character: Prince Philip has reportedly been her mentor regarding the carriage driving.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 344March 29, 2020 8:19 PM

Swipe for the Prince of Wales Feathers Brooch.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 345March 30, 2020 2:11 PM

What about the "Prince of Wales Feather Brooch" that Elizabeth Taylor purchased from the Estate on The Duchess of Windsor in memory of Richard Burton? Anybody got a picture?

by Anonymousreply 346March 30, 2020 2:30 PM

I have to say I am very fond of that Wales Feathers brooch, but I prefer it alone, and without the large emerald drop, which looks like one of the Cambridge emerald pieces. It looked exquisite on Diana on that diamond chain.

by Anonymousreply 347March 30, 2020 2:32 PM

they didn’t do a good job fixing Lady Louise’s eyes. She still looks all kinds of cross eyed. Ever notice that James never interacts with her? She must be weird as fuck.

by Anonymousreply 348March 30, 2020 8:24 PM

My bet is on James, R348. I think he likely on the spectrum.

by Anonymousreply 349March 30, 2020 10:00 PM

Charles is already out of isolation and obviously had only a mild case of the virus. I'm sure the Harkles are vastly relieved to know that their primary meal ticket is still alive and kicking.

Camilla has to remain in isolation for one more week.

I assume the Queen and Philip are past the halfway mark of the 14-day quarantine, but I suspect they will remain at Windsor, anyway, to keep them out of Virus Hotspot London

by Anonymousreply 350March 30, 2020 11:51 PM

Diana really did have quite a few Alexis Carrington moments of her own once past the ingenue stage in the late eighties.

Meanwhile, the Disney ELEPHANT documentary is out and Meghan's narration has gotten what, I am sure she will feel, are disappointingly lukewarm reviews - some are a bit more scathing than others, but overall, it's hardly the OTT Big Hit she and Disney were hoping for.

by Anonymousreply 351March 31, 2020 2:09 PM

Will & Kate cover No# 1...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 352March 31, 2020 2:15 PM

Will & Kate (and kids) cover No# 2.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 353March 31, 2020 2:16 PM

For royal fashionistas...swipe for Kate's coat collection - Part One (black & navy).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 354March 31, 2020 4:49 PM

R354 - Thank you Royal Coat Troll!

More tiaras from the Tiara Troll and more music from The Pet Shop Boys Troll, please!

by Anonymousreply 355March 31, 2020 5:24 PM

R355 - as you wish...it's now Tiara Time...swipe for the tiaras of the Imperial ladies of Japan.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 356March 31, 2020 5:47 PM

The Midnight Tiara of Denmark.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 357March 31, 2020 5:51 PM

Swipe for the Danish Floral Aigrette Tiara.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 358March 31, 2020 5:53 PM

Swipe for the Danish Emerald Parure tiara. Oh Daisy, those teeth!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 359March 31, 2020 5:55 PM

The Swedish royal ladies take turns wearing this amethyst tiara.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 360March 31, 2020 5:57 PM

The Swedish Royal Family have some serious jewels. Swipe to be blinded.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 361March 31, 2020 5:58 PM

The Dutch royals also have some major bling...swipe for the Sapphire Tiara.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 362March 31, 2020 6:01 PM

for someone with a renowned talent for design, Queen Margrethe seems stuck in a very linear mode when it comes to that ugly emerald parure. She typically only wears it with green gowns, and only wears the whole set together. I like the painting of Queen Louise wearing the tiara only, and wearing ropes of pearls instead of the weird necklace. Daisy should play more with it, as I suspect Mary will.

In my opinion what would save the necklace is to remove the rectangular emeralds from the bottom, they never sit right on the décolletage. Maybe Mary can use some influence when her time comes, and suggest an alteration that would allow the rectangular emeralds to be made removeable depending on the wearer’s whim.

by Anonymousreply 363March 31, 2020 6:30 PM

That's some outstanding jewelry! Thanks, Tiara guy.

I am adding the Midnight tiara to my list of favorites.

by Anonymousreply 364March 31, 2020 6:40 PM

It's amazing how the Japanese royal ladies can make a million-dollar tiara and ten pounds of diamond jewelry look tasteful and restrained.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 365March 31, 2020 11:47 PM

It's amazing how the Japanese royal ladies can make a million-dollar tiara and ten pounds of diamond jewelry look tasteful and restrained.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 366March 31, 2020 11:47 PM

It's interesting to me the Japanese royal ladies only wear diamonds--no other jewels.

by Anonymousreply 367March 31, 2020 11:50 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 368March 31, 2020 11:53 PM

Here's Queen Daisy, piling on still more emeralds!

Because, why the hell not.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 369March 31, 2020 11:54 PM

A full set of matching jewels like the Queen of Denmark's emeralds (in her case, tiara, earrings, necklace and stomacher) is called a parure.

by Anonymousreply 370April 1, 2020 12:00 AM

R367 - they also wear pearls. Of course.

by Anonymousreply 371April 1, 2020 1:20 AM

I’ve grown to quite like the tiara Meghan wore at her wedding. Shame her hair was such a mess, though.

by Anonymousreply 372April 1, 2020 5:19 AM

R370 who are you instructing that to?

by Anonymousreply 373April 1, 2020 8:04 PM

Beatrice plans big wedding bash for 2021, or so says the Express.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 374April 13, 2020 7:23 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!