Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Abdullahi "Abdi" Sharif - Missing? We All Know Where He Went

but of course we can't say.

Facts:

Abdi is approximately 5'4" in height, weighing 120 lbs.

Investigators say Abdi's cell phone is either off or disabled. They say evidence shows Abdi spends time at three places almost exclusively: his job at Target, with family at home in Des Moines and at Roosevelt High School, where he is a senior

While the surveillance video of Abdi seen Friday at Target is a starting point, police say what's giving them the most problem is his lack of presence on social media. It's something extremely rare for a teen in this digital age.

Shortly before he disappeared, Sharif posted a Snapchat that said, "I got bad news … bad bad news."

Abdi does not have a car.

His mom went to Target to pick him up around 9:30 Friday night but he never showed.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62May 23, 2020 4:27 AM

"We know where he went"

Do we, OP?

by Anonymousreply 1March 11, 2020 10:05 AM

Are you saying he killed himself? Either way very sad and distressing for his family.

by Anonymousreply 2March 11, 2020 11:00 AM

I googled this story. There aren't even many links, and those that do exist bring you to short statements.

There's absolutely nothing beyond what the OP wrote. A third search party is/was being organized. When I was his age, bad bad news was being grounded from listening to The Rolling Stones and Led Zeppelin on my headphones.

What could possibly cause this very young man mean by 'bad bad news'?

Unless somebody knows something, his family must be in agony.

by Anonymousreply 3March 11, 2020 2:27 PM

He obviously is in "training" and now is going underground to complete his mission in a year or so.

by Anonymousreply 4March 11, 2020 2:40 PM

It wouldn't surprise me if "Little Abdi" is related to this flu going around

by Anonymousreply 5March 12, 2020 4:40 AM

Hi all, I have been following this frustrating case and really hope that Abdi is found safe and brought home soon. Not too sure if this has been brought up...

I was thinking about his "bad bad news" snapchat and wondered if it was the title of a song that he likes and in fact I found one. Bad bad news is sung by Leon Bridges and the lyrics are interesting to me which then made me think, was he sending a message or hinting at something possibly the name (Leon) of a person he was meeting up with?

I know it is far fetched but just trying to think of anything that might help bring Abdi home.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6March 13, 2020 7:39 AM

Hi all, I have been following this frustrating case and really hope that Abdi is found safe and brought home soon. Not too sure if this has been brought up...

I was thinking about his "bad bad news" snapchat and wondered if it was the title of a song that he likes and in fact I found one. Bad bad news is sung by Leon Bridges and the lyrics are interesting to me which then made me think, was he sending a message or hinting at something possibly the name (Leon) of a person he was meeting up with?

I know it is far fetched but just trying to think of anything that might help bring Abdi home.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7March 13, 2020 7:39 AM

What about a girl ? Bad bad news? For a straight laced kid like him, a pregnancy scare?

Maybe lured under that pretense and there were guys waiting?

by Anonymousreply 8March 13, 2020 7:40 AM

I've lived in both Iowa and Minnesota most of my life and I can say that when a Somali kid disappears or is killed the story usually fades from the headlines very fast. We had a double homicide in south Minneapolis near where I lived a couple years back and it was news for like a week tops. Left everybody scratching their heads and wondering what happened.

I would really like to see this featured on the Vanished podcast. I think the host does a really good job of giving the family space to tell their story.

I'd like to add that I'm kinda new to the forum and I hope my perspective on the racial aspects of the case are appropriate for this forum. I also hope my post isn't redundant.

by Anonymousreply 9March 13, 2020 7:41 AM

I still think this could be related to college admissions. I wonder if the family has been able to determine whether any letters went out to him around the time that he went missing.

He seems like a nerdy kid. But kids make mistakes at school and sometimes end up just missing acceptance to their dream school.

It can be a lot of heartache for a motivated kid. It's really tough when your classmates know that you've applied to a certain school and then you find out that you didn't get in. You kind of feel embarrassed about it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10March 13, 2020 10:21 PM

He is a sleeper agent obviously. And notice how he disappeared, AKA reactivated, just when the coronavirus appears.

by Anonymousreply 11March 14, 2020 7:03 AM

I just smelled Vegas poo.

by Anonymousreply 12March 14, 2020 9:22 AM

R10 Did they get his race mixed up?

by Anonymousreply 13March 14, 2020 11:24 AM

He's Somali and they are white, like arab-white

by Anonymousreply 14March 14, 2020 2:19 PM

Definitely a sleeper agent. They like them young.

by Anonymousreply 15March 15, 2020 6:00 AM

Is this another kid stuck in a chimney story?

by Anonymousreply 16March 15, 2020 6:53 AM

No, they don't have chimney's in Somalia. This is a young kid who was planted here by Al Qaeda and now has been called into active duty for terrorist activities.

by Anonymousreply 17March 15, 2020 7:45 AM

Poor guy, is he a gay?

by Anonymousreply 18March 15, 2020 3:04 PM

The kid is black, not white or even white adjacent.

by Anonymousreply 19March 16, 2020 5:53 AM

Are Somali's recorded as 'white' to not throw out the stats when it comes to black incidents?

by Anonymousreply 20March 16, 2020 5:54 AM

JFC, this board is full of freaks and idiots.

by Anonymousreply 21March 16, 2020 5:58 AM

Where is this kid? Why has no one, not even his family, come forth with even minor details to help provide any background about him?

Because they all know he's a sleeper agent that was reactivated. You will find this coronavirus was a terrorist thing, to spread panic. It comes nearly 20 years after 9-11 attacks. The terrorists cannot fly planes into buildings so they do this. Much more effective.

by Anonymousreply 22March 16, 2020 6:23 AM

What a sad case, hope he's found safe. Also, what are you on about OP?

by Anonymousreply 23March 16, 2020 6:30 AM

In regard to his shift that day and whether or not he was scheduled, I think both are true. The article below states his mom dropped him off around 1:20, he was scheduled to work til 5:30, around 5 he called her and said his shift had been extended and to pick him up at 9:30, but when she got there, coworkers said he left when his shift ended at 5:30.

I’m guessing since it was a snow day and school was cancelled, a bunch of employees called in and said they couldn’t get to work in the weather. Target scrambled, trying to find people who could come in and Abdi volunteered. Since she dropped him off at 1:30, I’m going to guess he agreed to work 1:30 to 5:30. All IMO.

As to what happened at 5 to tell his mom he was working late, I truly don’t know. It’s my opinion right now that he decided to meet someone at the last minute and it was going to take awhile but he had every intention of being back by 9:30 to meet his mom. I too think he got in a vehicle vs. the bus and I can’t make any scenario fit other than he met with foul play. I’m hoping he actually left of his own volition, but I haven’t seen anything that makes me think that’s a viable possibility. I hope it is though!

And I do agree a bit about the lack of coverage. There have been several stories in MSM but I don’t have the sense that the general public is all that interested in it. Also, they had a search today at 12:30, but didn’t announce it until 3:30 on Saturday. Less than 24 hours notice to the public likely will not get all the help that may be needed to find something. From some of the photos I saw online, they were searching at the river near 2nd Avenue.

by Anonymousreply 24March 16, 2020 4:51 PM

Spreading the CORVI-19 virus in America.

by Anonymousreply 25March 17, 2020 4:21 PM

No news. Sleeper agent for sure.

by Anonymousreply 26March 27, 2020 1:22 PM

Notice how he went "missing" right before this virus thing got out of hand.

He's a sleeper agent all right.

by Anonymousreply 27March 30, 2020 1:28 PM

[quote] You will find this coronavirus was a terrorist thing, to spread panic. It comes nearly 20 years after 9-11 attacks. The terrorists cannot fly planes into buildings so they do this. Much more effective.

God, you guys are fucking EXHAUSTING. Where were you in the white terrorists thread where there was ACTUAL proof of them trying to use coronavirus as a bioweapon? Or the thread about the white terrorist who wanted to blow up a hospital?

But with this, you have zero proof outside of you and Pamela Geller no doubt fingering each other to cause yet another massacre like the one in NZ or Quebec where innocent people are killed because of assholes like you who live and breathe to hate all Muslims.

You have to cause even more of this fucking shit during a pandemic. I hope this virus takes people like you, but I doubt you ever leave your house and haven't for years

by Anonymousreply 28March 30, 2020 1:35 PM

His older brother is probably caught up in gang politics and poor Abdi was bumped off as a revenge attack. Probably at the bottom of a canal.

by Anonymousreply 29March 30, 2020 1:40 PM

[QUOTE] You will find this coronavirus was a terrorist thing, to spread panic. It comes nearly 20 years after 9-11 attacks. The terrorists cannot fly planes into buildings so they do this. Much more effective.

Shut the fuck up, conspiracy bitch. I notice you don't spew your filth on the official corona threads.

by Anonymousreply 30March 30, 2020 1:43 PM

[quote] No, they don't have chimney's in Somalia.

Chimney’s what though?

by Anonymousreply 31March 30, 2020 1:45 PM

This is definitely why NYC is the worst hit. Don't give me that dense shit. Yes, that has something to do with it, but you aren't seeing it in places like SF and other dense cities.

This was deliberately spread in NYC.

by Anonymousreply 32April 3, 2020 1:48 AM

[quote]This is a young kid who was planted here by Al Qaeda and now has been called into active duty for terrorist activities.

Do you conspiracy people know how stupid you sound to the rest of us? You might as well say he's been kidnapped by Santa Claus - that's how credible you sound.

by Anonymousreply 33April 3, 2020 1:55 AM

Conspiracy idiots are the worst. You do know this is a world-wide pandemic, right? Not just the US. In fact, if we didn’t have an idiot president (as idiotic as you) who took steps earlier, we wouldn’t be in the state we’re in.

by Anonymousreply 34April 3, 2020 1:59 AM

If he were a sleeping agent, why would he even bother saying anything like that in the first place?

by Anonymousreply 35April 3, 2020 2:07 AM

[quote] Do you conspiracy people know how stupid you sound to the rest of us? You might as well say he's been kidnapped by Santa Claus - that's how credible you sound.

See, now do you know how ridiculous you sound? Santa Claus would NEVER kidnap anyone. You gotta leave that part up to the Tooth Fairy. That’s a mean bitch right there.

by Anonymousreply 36April 3, 2020 10:51 AM

I just googled his name. Nothing. Absolutely nothing beyond the initial reports of his going missing on 17 January. Typically, kids are located by this point. It seems that he's dead and whatever remains there are won't be found for a long time, if at all.

by Anonymousreply 37April 3, 2020 12:07 PM

My guess is that two queens were cruising the “Tasteful Things” aisle that nubile young Abdi just happened to be restocking and Now he’s stuck on end of a meth pipe in their apartment.

by Anonymousreply 38April 3, 2020 12:53 PM

No, he definitely was a sleeper agent. The signs point to it and let's face it, NYC is way out of proportion to other states. The terrorists are using this as a biological weapon. And being PC, we can't talk about it.

by Anonymousreply 39April 10, 2020 1:27 AM

[quote] No, he definitely was a sleeper agent. The signs point to it and let's face it, NYC is way out of proportion to other states.

So you think he was infect with covid and whisked away to NYC to cough on people? Or what exactly is your cockamamie theory here?

by Anonymousreply 40April 10, 2020 1:30 AM

^ infected

by Anonymousreply 41April 10, 2020 1:30 AM

In what weird political conception are the Somali's white? They are not arab people, either. They are muslim berbers and more or less African black. On that side of Africa, black Africa bleeds right into North Africa. They are not light or even white Mediterranean like many North Africans.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42April 10, 2020 1:36 AM

Somalis no '

by Anonymousreply 43April 10, 2020 1:37 AM

He started the coronavirus in NYC. He isn't missing, he's a sleeper agent.

by Anonymousreply 44April 21, 2020 1:02 AM

^ Pretty much the dumbest theory I've ever heard on Datalounge and that's saying something.

by Anonymousreply 45April 21, 2020 4:45 AM

[quote]The terrorists cannot fly planes into buildings so they do this.

"I TOLD Abdul that he shouldn't waste his time in terrorist school majoring in aviation, Virology is where he should be focusing!"

by Anonymousreply 46April 21, 2020 10:07 AM

Sad case, probably abducted and murdered by some racist Trumpsters.

by Anonymousreply 47April 22, 2020 10:27 AM

Someone’s sitting at home with a roll of Reynold’s wrap around their head. Looking at you r39

by Anonymousreply 48April 22, 2020 11:49 AM

He lied to his parents about working, then disappears???

No, he was called up. I bet if you investigated car routes to NYC, this youngster was infected on purpose and then spread it around NYC. It's biological terrorism.

Not even his family cares to look for him beyond a token effort. Why? Because they already know.

by Anonymousreply 49April 25, 2020 1:01 AM

Are there Somali gangs in Iowa? A few years ago there was an epidemic of Somali men moving to Alberta and dying violently.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50April 25, 2020 1:26 AM

His family days the cops won't bother to look for him.

We all know what happened.

Sleeper cell.

by Anonymousreply 51May 2, 2020 5:10 AM

OK so the police find a body in the river and report it is some 30 year old white guy.

Then "magically" overnight it turns out to be this kid???

And the autopsy shows no signs of violence or foul play. So the kid just walks into the river, in January on a freezing cold night, in the middle of a blizzard?

Bullshit. He went to NYC infected the place and his "people" killed him silently (all these terrorist organizations have ways to make it look natural or suicidal) and dump the body.

Looks like the terrorists win again.

by Anonymousreply 52May 5, 2020 3:37 PM

You’re not funny.

by Anonymousreply 53May 5, 2020 6:01 PM

r53

He's right though. You will notice, right after he disappeared, the spike in cases happened. Then a body which doesn't resemble him at all suddenly IS his?

No way, this is fishy as hell.

by Anonymousreply 54May 8, 2020 10:46 PM

[quote] You will notice, right after he disappeared, the spike in cases happened.

Right after I farted, the spike in cases happened.

Right after my mom got a haircut, the spike in cases happened.

Right after my friend went to the movies, the spike in cases happened.

I could do this all day and all of my scenarios would bear just as much relationship to the spike in covid-19 cases as does the disappearance of a teenager in Iowa.

by Anonymousreply 55May 8, 2020 11:32 PM

Sometimes I wonder what it would be like to spend a day inside the heads of these alt-right tinfoil hat morons. But, then, I'd rather not.

by Anonymousreply 56May 8, 2020 11:37 PM

Still no one can figure out what he died from or worse, how come the body pulled from the water didn't match the kid until later on.

AND how come there are no signs of foul play. Yes the kid just walks into a river and drowns. 🙄

by Anonymousreply 57May 23, 2020 2:09 AM

Go away R6. This isn’t frau true crime central. We don’t want you here. I’m not being sarcastic.

by Anonymousreply 58May 23, 2020 2:27 AM

Can you imagine being such a fucking bigot and racist that you think a virus even needs to be spread by them thar Mooooslam terr'ists? Guess what, genius? We've got white fucking Christian morons at state buildings with AK-47s insisting that everyone be out and about so the virus can easily spread all on its own.

Why the fuck would a "sleeper cell" even need to waste their time when we already have "Patriotic" shitheads allowing it to spread through their stupidity and ignorance. Jesus, I can't imagine being so completely full of hate that it even renders your conspiracies moronic beyond belief.

by Anonymousreply 59May 23, 2020 2:27 AM

Right, R51, because it's not like there aren't ample examples of minority kids going missing and the cops not being as vigilant in their search as they would a white. blonde girl. Are you new, dumbass? I mean it's so commonplace how missing cases are treated that it's actually mocked by shows like Family Guy.

by Anonymousreply 60May 23, 2020 2:31 AM

Shh, he’s sleeping

by Anonymousreply 61May 23, 2020 3:34 AM

He's fine. He sends his love.

by Anonymousreply 62May 23, 2020 4:27 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!