Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Tasteful friends there's a very timewarp '70s era house for sale in Wales, in a beautiful seaside location.

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21March 10, 2020 11:46 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1March 10, 2020 2:17 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2March 10, 2020 2:18 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3March 10, 2020 2:19 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4March 10, 2020 2:21 PM

I grew up in a house with a similar bathroom to the burgundy one. My mother loved color.

by Anonymousreply 5March 10, 2020 2:24 PM

In the USA there would have been one of these on the wall.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6March 10, 2020 2:27 PM

^ I meant in the kitchen - but most of you elders knew that.

by Anonymousreply 7March 10, 2020 2:28 PM

If this house was in California, I would buy it and offer it on Airbnb - spend a night in an authentic 70s home for $300 a night. I bet millennial hipsters love this shit and would pay 300 bucks just to take 10.000 selfies for their fucking social media accounts.

by Anonymousreply 8March 10, 2020 2:49 PM

Lovely views, but the house doesn't do anything at all for me. For the same money in the same area, I'd buy this. I'd replace the plate glass windows/doors in the dining room and maybe the modern (PVC?) windows in the sunny sitting room (office); the rest of the changes would be cosmetic and furnishings.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9March 10, 2020 6:15 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10March 10, 2020 6:20 PM

I'm surprised there's something so much nicer R9 for the same money. The modern house is clearly over-priced.

by Anonymousreply 11March 10, 2020 6:21 PM

Nice house - needs some updating, but most of the rooms are fine. The kitchen would stay, but bathrooms have to go. Everything else is easy fix.

But who has $520K to spend on this house in the middle of nowhere? Particularly on the relatively low UK wages.

I don't understand how any average Brits can afford housing there.

by Anonymousreply 12March 10, 2020 6:23 PM

[quote]But who has $520K to spend on this house in the middle of nowhere?

A retired couple? All sorts.

by Anonymousreply 13March 10, 2020 6:37 PM

Why do I hear the theme song from Doc Martin when I look at these pictures?

by Anonymousreply 14March 10, 2020 9:22 PM

I love it. I would want to make it more disco with the furniture & add some modern metallic touches. Sign me up!

by Anonymousreply 15March 10, 2020 9:28 PM

[quote]The kitchen would stay, but bathrooms have to go.

Back in circa 1973 at our country house nr. London - we added a bathroom to a guest bedroom and I remember there was a great delay as my father insisted on waiting for an avocado bath...I even remember him telling people about this, so proud was he of his good taste.

My parents' bathroom down there had a pink bathroom suite incl. bidet with a little fountain.

In fact our London house built in the 1930s had original colored bath suites - but they were very good quality...there was also a bell by the bath to summon the servants, but it no longer worked.

by Anonymousreply 16March 10, 2020 9:40 PM

It will of course rain on average for 9 months of the year there. Doesn't often get much above 68f (20c) even at the height of summer either.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17March 10, 2020 9:48 PM

It will of course rain on average for 9 months of the year there. Doesn't often get much above 68f (20c) even at the height of summer either.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18March 10, 2020 9:48 PM

I'd Airbnb and offer it as a film set.

by Anonymousreply 19March 10, 2020 10:44 PM

"Doesn't often get much above 68f (20c) even at the height of summer either."

Sounds like heaven to me!

by Anonymousreply 20March 10, 2020 10:54 PM

The kitchen rocks, the rest sucks.

by Anonymousreply 21March 10, 2020 11:46 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!