Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

DL's Dream Come True

A 19 year old college soccer player dating a 50 year old man. A match made in elder gay heaven.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 244December 3, 2022 1:32 AM

Here's a photo of the happy couple.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1March 8, 2020 12:06 AM

They can get the AARP discount when they go out to dinner.

by Anonymousreply 2March 8, 2020 12:09 AM

I don’t know, maybe it’s just me, but that just seems, ....well, questionable.

by Anonymousreply 3March 8, 2020 12:09 AM

Jack Eldergay?

Jack... Nasty!

by Anonymousreply 4March 8, 2020 12:18 AM

Why did he have to volunteer that the boyfriend is 50? That seems weird.

by Anonymousreply 5March 8, 2020 12:19 AM

They look like father and son

by Anonymousreply 6March 8, 2020 12:19 AM

He's almost old enough to be the kid's grandfather.

by Anonymousreply 7March 8, 2020 12:20 AM

It's a Nifty story come to life.

by Anonymousreply 8March 8, 2020 12:20 AM

Wrong. Just wrong. The young kid doesn’t know better, he’s too young and inexperienced. The older guy on the other hand is just being predatorial.

by Anonymousreply 9March 8, 2020 12:22 AM

Maybe he'll teach the kid to wash his stinky feet after soccer practice

by Anonymousreply 10March 8, 2020 12:22 AM

I am 50 and cannot find anyone, and I mean anyone interested in me who is close to my age on Grindr. I am hit up by guys in their 20s and 30s (I don't make a first move unless they specifically say they are into older). I end up meeting with some of them and they are always great sexually, but after that it is very very hard to make a connection that doesn't involve getting naked. Still trying to figure out how to bridge the chasm between younger and more mature gay men. Very grateful so many younger guys find something sexy in an older man.

by Anonymousreply 11March 8, 2020 12:24 AM

A 50 year old chasing after somebody just out of highschool is embarrassing.

And you know in a few years the guy will think he is too old and be looking for another barely legal twink.

by Anonymousreply 12March 8, 2020 12:25 AM

Gay relationships are based on sex not connection, R11.

by Anonymousreply 13March 8, 2020 12:26 AM

Maybe he's the foolish poster whose younger BF wanted him to try Molly.

by Anonymousreply 14March 8, 2020 12:29 AM

Where you at, and what do you think about 42, R11?

by Anonymousreply 15March 8, 2020 12:32 AM

Verificatia of soccer player sizemeat?

by Anonymousreply 16March 8, 2020 12:39 AM

R13 oh yeah, you got that right

by Anonymousreply 17March 8, 2020 12:43 AM

Only the ones that fail, R13.

by Anonymousreply 18March 8, 2020 12:49 AM

absolutely disgusting

that guy is basically a pedo. I'm in my 30s and am not interested in anyone under 25 never mind 18

by Anonymousreply 19March 8, 2020 12:51 AM

Adam Burnett, the soccer player, on his elder gay boyfriend.

[Quote] I am dating a 50-year-old man and am happier than ever. My family, my friends, my coaches, my peers and my teammates know I am dating him and are happy for me and respect me for how brave I am. I don’t care who thinks it’s wrong. It is my life and I am happy.

More on the elder gay who, based on this passage, probably started pursuing him before he graduated high school.

[Quote] I am also passionate about my boyfriend, Tom. I love him and care about him a lot. After we met, we went on a few runs together. We knew each other for a year before officially dating. That year it was a big challenge for us because the only reason we didn’t date was because of the fear we had of what others would think. But the love we have for each other beats all of that.

For those of you elder gays who want to snag your own young twink like him, get off the couch and onto the treadmill.

[Quote] Tom has been a marathon and triathlon runner since he was in his mid-20s. His best marathon time is 2 hours and 55 minutes and he runs the Boston Marathon every year. He is in as good a shape as me and more than most people my age.

This relationship might last longer than a lot of you might think. Look how long Tom Daley and DLB have been together. If this is a boy with daddy issues, a break up may be a long ways off.

by Anonymousreply 20March 8, 2020 12:51 AM

And they save money at the movies by getting both a student AND a senior discount.

by Anonymousreply 21March 8, 2020 12:53 AM

They're a beautiful couple. I'm happy for them.

by Anonymousreply 22March 8, 2020 4:42 AM

Will they stay together when it's time for grampy to move into the assisted living facility?

by Anonymousreply 23March 8, 2020 4:46 AM

R20, how long will this last? I just can't fathom this will last long. Beyond the physical attraction, what do these two have in common? What do a teenager who hasn't lived yet, and an experienced middle-age guy have in common to sustain a relationship? I'm genuinely puzzled. I'm 47 myself. Thanks to 20+ years of hard work at the gym I do have a body that attracts young fit guys (and yes, as many have mentioned in numerous threads here, it is incredible the number of young guys with daddy issues). I recently met this 25 yo stud who was quite enamoured with me and I played along. We went on a couple of dates. First date he took me to his favourite greasy spoon. Hadn't been to one of those since probably my student days. Next date I treated him to an upscale trendy place. And I had to explain him the entire menu. He hadn't heard of/tried anything before (balsamic vinegar? Tuna ceviche? Beef carpaccio?). Nothing wrong of course, but it just confirmed there was an experience gap of a lifetime between us that we would never be able to bridge. And that would be for everything else there is in life. That's when I decided to end the experiment. At the end of the day, 50 year olds do not belong with teenagers.

by Anonymousreply 24March 8, 2020 4:52 AM

Can we please stop with the absurd “verificatia” shit? Thank you.

Also, this isn’t the DL dream. That would be when the 19 year old is dating the 50 year old’s father.

by Anonymousreply 25March 8, 2020 4:54 AM

Joel? Joel? Come here. You have to see this.

Down Mitzi! Behave!

by Anonymousreply 26March 8, 2020 5:02 AM

a younger guy I know, I'm pretty sure, started to come out to me, asking me how old I was when I came out and did I know a good shrink.

He told me he's straight.

Three times.

I wasn't sure what to do; just tried to be there and offer an ear. I recommended the shrink. There's an age diff, but not like these two.

Next thing I know the kid is telling mutual pals he feels 'weird' around me, doesn't know how to distance himself.

And there's this 50 year old who has a 19 year old BF.

I'm not saying I was looking for that with this kid, but I can't even make friends, apparently.

by Anonymousreply 27March 8, 2020 5:32 AM

Poor kid. He's just... not very bright. The part of the interview that stuck out to me was when he bragged about having such bad grades in h.s. he couldn't qualify for a scholarship at any Division I school but was now pulling a 3.8 g.p.a. at his pos nowhere college, and then described his boyfriend/dad as "in as good a shape as me" a sentence later. Oh, honey.

by Anonymousreply 28March 8, 2020 5:37 AM

The boyfriend looks like the hot one.

by Anonymousreply 29March 8, 2020 7:15 AM

Dads looking OK and hes getting some young ass ... good for him ...

by Anonymousreply 30March 8, 2020 1:23 PM

Verificatia of size meat? Photographica of young hole?

by Anonymousreply 31March 8, 2020 1:26 PM

I am mid-30s and would have trouble justifying dating a 19 year old.

A guy that age needs to be with his peers, make mistakes, learn about life.

I'd feel I was trapping him and that he'd wake up at age 30 and feel he'd missed much of his adolescence.

OTOH, not everyone is the same and there are relationships like that that seem to work.

by Anonymousreply 32March 8, 2020 1:34 PM

The 50 year old is my hero!! I just turned 50 and am on the hunt for sweet, young, pink 18 year old hole. It’s legal, and it’s like driving a brand new car! It’s tight and smells great!

by Anonymousreply 33March 8, 2020 1:41 PM

R32 - dude! You care way too much about the young dude’s feelings. Get in there and fuck him as many times as you can!! Life is short.

by Anonymousreply 34March 8, 2020 1:42 PM

People like r13 and r34 represent a common part but IMO sad community of gay culture. This arrested development view that gay guys are incapable of emotionally mature relationships beyond what just makes them horny.

by Anonymousreply 35March 8, 2020 1:47 PM

The 50 year old looks young for his age.

[quote] absolutely disgusting that guy is basically a pedo. I'm in my 30s and am not interested in anyone under 25 never mind 18

They're both consenting adults. Your comment is absurd and shows you lack any sort of mental acuity that would be expected for someone of your age. Your personal <5 year dating preference is not a moral or ethical compass that everyone else should be expected to follow. Grow up. Calling this man a pedophile is libelous.

Some people remain children well into adulthood. R19 is one of those people. Some young men are wise beyond their years.

I'm youngish and have never connected with men my age at any point. I didn't grow up in a repressive, hypocritical nuclear family. I've been fully cognizant of my choices and preferences since I reached the age of consent and adulthood. I'm now in my mid 20's and still only find commonality with older men 90% of the time. I don't want to make assumptions about the 19 year old one way or the other but maybe he's advanced for his age. If it's solely a sexually motivated thing then whatever.

They're both adults and obviously have a connection that transcends age. Good for them. Things will be tricky when the 50 year old is 70 though but in all honesty this will probably be a short lived affair. This sort of stuff has been happening for millennia and is of course condoned and celebrated when a heterosexual man in his 50's bags a girlfriend 20-30 years his junior.

by Anonymousreply 36March 8, 2020 2:08 PM

He’s got a pig snout.

by Anonymousreply 37March 8, 2020 2:24 PM

[Quote]is of course condoned and celebrated when a heterosexual man in his 50's bags a girlfriend 20-30 years his junior.

What year are you posting from? Nope, that is absolutely not celebrated by society in the modern era.

by Anonymousreply 38March 8, 2020 2:32 PM

R34 -- you can have a sexual relationship with a younger guy--nothing wrong with that. (And I realize you were likely parodying the typical hetero response)

But when it starts turning into an emotional one, "boyfriends" and all that rather than "fuck buddies" -- that's where I'd draw the line

by Anonymousreply 39March 8, 2020 2:35 PM

R38 Hugh Hefner made an entire career of it and was mourned almost unanimously. Jeff Goldblum, Dennis Quaid (39 year difference, she's 26), Beyonce met Jay Z when she was 18 and they started dating when she was 19, Dane Cook (47 dating a 20 year old) Sam and Aaron Taylor Johnson, The Clooneys, Baldwin, Beckinsale/Davidson. These are just a few.

And the most pertinent example being DiCaprio-- the most successful and in demand Hollywood actor who is never savaged in the media for being a 45 year old dating a 22 year old because it's part of his playboy lothario image. They met when she was 10.

None of these actors have been cancelled or been called pedophiles. I'm living in the year where I recognize homophobic double standards and puritanical idiocy. What about you?

by Anonymousreply 40March 8, 2020 3:03 PM

People make fun of those relationships all the time r40. Just like we are doing here.

by Anonymousreply 41March 8, 2020 3:09 PM

R41 Calling someone a pedophile and expressing disgust is not making fun of them. Notice how the AARP comment wasn't the one pushed back on.

by Anonymousreply 42March 8, 2020 3:13 PM

You are reaching, you can find the exact same comments being made about old straight people dating teenagers. Will find comments calling it gross or predatory behavior.

by Anonymousreply 43March 8, 2020 3:18 PM

R43 Get back to me when a gay celebrity can reach DiCaprio status after meeting a 10 year old and then deciding to court them when they turn of age. Later.

by Anonymousreply 44March 8, 2020 3:21 PM

I don't see a big deal. When I was 18/19, I 'dated' a 45-year-old. Didn't tell my parents though -- dad would have had a heart attack.

Older guy better get used to everyone thinking the boy is his son though. Even if they are checking into a one-bed hotel room.

by Anonymousreply 45March 8, 2020 6:17 PM

Arequipa, you hussy!

Kidding. Was he something of a mentor to you also, or was it more of just a fuckbuddy thing?

by Anonymousreply 46March 8, 2020 6:24 PM

Creepy

by Anonymousreply 47March 8, 2020 6:26 PM

R46, it was mostly just fun and games. Neither of us took it too seriously. Great sex. He opened my eyes up to a lot of new experiences (fine dining, theater, concerts, etc). We are still friends.

by Anonymousreply 48March 8, 2020 6:31 PM

R40, are you saying Leo's gay and he only dates young gals for his image?

by Anonymousreply 49March 8, 2020 6:34 PM

50 bucks says he is dickmatized. The older guy is probably hung like a mule and fucks his lil 19 year hole like a train.

by Anonymousreply 50March 8, 2020 6:42 PM

Is r1 the only photo we have of the happy couple?

I need to see more in order for do a proper analysis of this relationship. Preferably shirtless.

by Anonymousreply 51March 8, 2020 6:45 PM

How utterly delightful. This must have all of DL wet in their manties.

by Anonymousreply 52March 8, 2020 6:47 PM

Admittedly, the older guy is pretty good looking for 50, but still the age difference is too much.

This boy Adam did an interview for a local news station when he first came out. Notably, his father was not included in the news segment. That adds validity to the "daddy issues" argument.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53March 8, 2020 6:53 PM

it's more acceptable when young women marry daddy types; 'oh, she didn't have father'

but this 50 year old who probably ties his 19 year old bf to the bed posts, puts a ball gag in his mouth, and then spanks him; sure, THAT's depraved!

#doublestandard

by Anonymousreply 54March 8, 2020 6:56 PM

yuck. so predatory.

by Anonymousreply 55March 8, 2020 6:58 PM

had casual flings with older men in college, but an actual relationship? Even now in my early 30s, when I hook up with guys his age, it's just sex. What the fuck do they talk about? The younger one's parents must be mortified and grandpa's friends must laugh at him

by Anonymousreply 56March 8, 2020 6:58 PM

[quote] and grandpa's friends must laugh at him

You lost me right here. They may be doing a lot of things—drooling, dreaming, trying to get in on the action—but laughing ain’t one of em.

by Anonymousreply 57March 8, 2020 7:05 PM

I do laugh at desperate older guys like that

by Anonymousreply 58March 8, 2020 7:10 PM

Isn't Joel an athlete?

by Anonymousreply 59March 8, 2020 7:13 PM

We all are the sum of our experiences and our basic DNA programming. Like some gay guys are into Asians and other guys are into bears. Some like twinks and some like daddies, or sugar daddies. That's the beauty of diversity. Can you imagine the entire population having just one type they desire? Yikes!

by Anonymousreply 60March 8, 2020 7:17 PM

[quote] Can you imagine the entire population having just one type they desire? Yikes!

And I guarantee that whatever that hypothetical type is, I wouldn’t be it. :-(

by Anonymousreply 61March 8, 2020 7:18 PM

R60 makes the most sense.

I have to types as I get older; my first type was older big bro types; someone taller, bigger, protective-ish. He can be in charge.

As I get older, I also like a younger guy at heart who thinks I'm something special.

It's just what it is.

by Anonymousreply 62March 8, 2020 7:41 PM

[quote] I have to types as I get older; my first type

I have to types as I get older too. After all, if I didn’t, you wouldn’t be reading this.

by Anonymousreply 63March 8, 2020 7:48 PM

I went to private schools but grew up in that school district where he went. Mostly white bread Republicans. Glad to hear he was accepted without many issues. His college, Rockhurst, is in Kansas City and run by Jesuits. It would not be a bad place for him to go since many schools of that ilk are very soccer-oriented. I would bet that his relationship with his boyfriend is of a short duration, perhaps a few years. They're each getting something from it for the time being and as long as they follow the "campfire" rule, no harm done.

by Anonymousreply 64March 8, 2020 8:16 PM

Okay, I'll bite: What is the "campfire" rule? R64

by Anonymousreply 65March 8, 2020 8:46 PM

I second R65. What is the "campfire" rule?

by Anonymousreply 66March 8, 2020 8:56 PM

Google to our rescue R66

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 67March 8, 2020 9:00 PM

Oh, well that's not happening. The kid is definitely going to be broken by the time this relationship is over, especially if his soccer career doesn't amount to anything and the old man pursues someone younger than him.

by Anonymousreply 68March 8, 2020 9:04 PM

Gat pre-nutual!

by Anonymousreply 69March 8, 2020 9:14 PM

The "campfire rule" = when the older breadwinner forgets about the prenuptial agreement.

by Anonymousreply 70March 8, 2020 9:27 PM

Good for them! It's extremely difficult to find a strong connection with another human regardless of age differences and these tipe of may-december relationships have been going on for thousands of years. The people who criticize it are either living in a 1950's conventions bubble or consumed by envy. I wish them a happy life as a couple however long it lasts.

by Anonymousreply 71March 8, 2020 9:37 PM

Wow, coming out in Missouri takes real guts

by Anonymousreply 72March 8, 2020 9:43 PM

The sonsband is cute but when I was his age I would totally do the old guy

by Anonymousreply 73March 8, 2020 9:45 PM

This “relationship” will be over by summer’s end. Calm down all you whores

by Anonymousreply 74March 8, 2020 9:47 PM

[Quote] The sonsband is cute

What is the sonsband?

by Anonymousreply 75March 9, 2020 1:55 AM

Good on the happy couple.

by Anonymousreply 76March 9, 2020 5:28 AM

Some of you guys have very weird and severe hang ups over age. It's between the two of them, isn't it? What difference does it make to you what the age difference is? If they're happy, I'm happy.

I can verify the truth of what the above poster said. I'm in my 50's and the ONLY guys that hit me up are in their 20's and 30's. Guys my age aren't interested in me. Where a lot of you are mistaken is that you automatically assume that the young guy was "pursued" by the older guy and just eventually succumbed. I'd bet money that it was the reverse and that it was the young guy who pursued the older one. That's been my experience. I NEVER pursue a guy in his 20s and I have more dates/hookups with guys in that age group than any other.

by Anonymousreply 77March 9, 2020 5:47 AM

What is their instagram?

by Anonymousreply 78March 9, 2020 5:58 AM

What do they talk about?

by Anonymousreply 79March 9, 2020 1:51 PM

R70, the usual -- Tolstoy v. Chekhov, Liza Minnelli's early career, Cardi B's latest single..

by Anonymousreply 80March 9, 2020 2:11 PM

R78 The old dude doesn't have an Instagram account, but the kid does, though it's private. Someone who has an account should request a follow and then download any photos and upload them here.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 81March 9, 2020 2:12 PM

Creepy, r81.

Fucking creepy.

by Anonymousreply 82March 9, 2020 2:18 PM

R82 It was literally mentioned at the end of the Outsports article. How is that creepy?

by Anonymousreply 83March 9, 2020 2:19 PM

He only has one post on instagram.

by Anonymousreply 84March 9, 2020 2:21 PM

This part:

[quote] Someone who has an account should request a follow and then download any photos and upload them here.

by Anonymousreply 85March 9, 2020 2:21 PM

R85 What's the big deal? It's Instagram, there's not going to be any nudes. It'll likely be photos of him acting stupid or looking cute. I don't see how that's creepy, but whatever.

by Anonymousreply 86March 9, 2020 2:41 PM

The odd dynamics of the gay community are why you have so many 20 and 30 something guys pursuing older guys.

Guys in their 20s and 30s who are less than perfect looking are often shunned by guys their own age. Maybe they are five pounds overweight. Maybe their hair is thinning. Maybe they're just not model handsome.

Older guys, OTOH, are thrilled that a 25 year old "6" or "7" is interested in them, the younger guy feels validated that someone thinks he's hot, especially if it's someone who is still very good looking, just over 45.

by Anonymousreply 87March 9, 2020 2:50 PM

My first love was 42 and I was 20. I was in college and this relationship was tremendously validating for me. I was crazy about him.

Within 3 years, it was clear that I was growing and he was not. His superior experience and financial security gave him a lot of subtle control, not so much over me, specifically, but over our life together. He had his own issues that I could not see at that time, or begin to understand. But a lover who was a peer would have been entirely intimidating to him. He could not have done that. And he didn't want to, either.

And so, I outgrew the limiting place he had for a partner. I graduated from college and ventured out into my life. He would not budge in any way from how he had lived his life. I had read "A Doll's House" and what to do.

In a year, he had a new partner. 20 years old. No college. No plans to do more than his job in retail.

I hope they had a long and happy life together. It's possible for it to happen, I suppose. But when confronted with these kinds of relationships, it's a safe bet that the older man has some issues around security and intimacy and control. I'm not saying that's necessarily a bad thing. We all have our issues and most of us deserve to be happy. But that and the sex is why these relationships usually, though not always, come to be.

by Anonymousreply 88March 9, 2020 3:21 PM

R81 - I have Instagram and I just requested to follow the kid.....10:30 am on March 9.....I will keep y’all updated here and post all pics I can.

by Anonymousreply 89March 9, 2020 3:29 PM

He. has. only. posted. once. It is highly unlikely he will start accepting followers he doesn't know or start posting a bunch of pics showing himself and the boyfriend in compromising positions.

Grow the fuck up.

by Anonymousreply 90March 9, 2020 3:50 PM

R89 here....HE ACCEPTED MY REQUEST!!!!! At 10:51 am!!! The bad news is he has ONLY ONE post 😞

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 91March 9, 2020 3:52 PM

DL's dream come true would be someone believing that a 60 year old looks like a 19 year old soccer player followed by that someone, who is most likely a married 35 year old who definitely has kids (to prove how "virile" he is) dumps his family to fuck the DLer in question.

by Anonymousreply 92March 9, 2020 7:27 PM

R91 Take a screenshot of it and upload it here if it's interesting.

by Anonymousreply 93March 9, 2020 7:45 PM

Are they still together? Has Corona Virus ripped them apart?

by Anonymousreply 94April 10, 2020 3:56 AM

Now eldergays will be expecting much younger guys to be attracted to them

by Anonymousreply 95April 10, 2020 4:03 AM

r4, I love the Jack Nasty troll.

by Anonymousreply 96April 10, 2020 4:09 AM

This situation is a bit unusual but if they are happy, who am I to say a word? For years, many (if not most) gay men lived miserable lives of solitude broken up only by a pickup or a one night stand. We can finally and easily be open and pursue relationships openly and honestly. More power to them. More power to anyone who finds love even if some of us don't approve. Fuck our approval. They have love, they have the most important thing in life. What does our opinion matter? My husband is 8 years older than I am and I have been told by some that he is too old for me. Fuck that. He is my life and I am his and that is all we need.

by Anonymousreply 97April 10, 2020 4:10 AM

Are they married yet?

by Anonymousreply 98April 10, 2020 5:16 AM

Are they married yet?

by Anonymousreply 99April 10, 2020 5:16 AM

What about that heavy blond woman who was married to the 91 year old billionaire. There was a 65 year age difference.

by Anonymousreply 100April 10, 2020 5:21 AM

Daddy looks like a vampire about to suck out the teen blood of the blonde twink at R1.

by Anonymousreply 101April 10, 2020 5:27 AM

I think Daddy looks pretty darn hot. No wonder the guy likes him.

by Anonymousreply 102April 10, 2020 5:32 AM

They're going to have very blonde babies together!

by Anonymousreply 103April 10, 2020 5:43 AM

Too bad the guy who got access to Adam's instagram was red slashed, because he's posted three news posts since this thread was first started. I wonder what he's posting about.

by Anonymousreply 104April 10, 2020 5:47 PM

[post redacted because independent.co.uk thinks that links to their ridiculous rag are a bad thing. Somebody might want to tell them how the internet works. Or not. We don't really care. They do suck though. Our advice is that you should not click on the link and whatever you do, don't read their truly terrible articles.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 105April 11, 2020 5:40 AM

Is Stephen Fry still dating his grandson?

by Anonymousreply 106April 11, 2020 5:27 PM

Gross. Both have issues clearly.

by Anonymousreply 107April 11, 2020 5:44 PM

This is so 2009. All the gay teenagers are dating married middle age couples

by Anonymousreply 108April 11, 2020 5:53 PM

I'm sure his mental age is probably younger than the kid's.

by Anonymousreply 109April 11, 2020 6:34 PM

Does anyone else think Outsports is a weird website? I like sports and theoretically would like it. But they seem more like the gay nerd from high school crushing on the jocks. There’s a “look we’re not all queens” vibe to the site.

Then again, the founder is quite smart to be able to monetize his fetish.

by Anonymousreply 110April 11, 2020 6:40 PM

Creepy 50 year old - who goes out on runs with 18 year olds, let alone hangs out with them for a year?

Sounds predatory to me. I know they are both legal, but it doesn't make it right.

It ain't fittin' I tell ya.

by Anonymousreply 111April 11, 2020 6:43 PM

I wonder what twink's father thinks? Do Father and Daddy sit around sharing a beer at the family barbecue?

by Anonymousreply 112April 11, 2020 6:48 PM

R112 $5 says Father is dead or not in the picture.

by Anonymousreply 113April 11, 2020 9:23 PM

10% thinks this is rather sweet. The other 90% of me wants to throw up.

by Anonymousreply 114April 11, 2020 10:03 PM

Corona will break them apart.

by Anonymousreply 115April 12, 2020 1:21 AM

[quote]I'm in my 30s and am not interested in anyone under 25 never mind 18

Typical millennial - what applies to them MUST therefore apply to everyone else.

All of you unclutch. While, sure, Daddy here is probably taking advantage (or the twink is taking Daddy to the cleaners), no one on this board knows what the actual connection between them might be. It might actually be better than anything any of you have ever experienced. Or not (probably not).

I just hate it when people make these blanket statements based on their own POV - with the assumption that it therefore must apply to everyone.

by Anonymousreply 116April 12, 2020 1:53 AM

The young guy looks like a Typical LESBIAN female soccer player. The daddy looks more masculine and hotter.

by Anonymousreply 117April 12, 2020 2:04 AM

Typical eldergay, looking for any excuse to bash millennials.

by Anonymousreply 118April 12, 2020 2:21 AM

r110, Outsports is run by an extremely uptight, quasi closeted gay guy named Cyd Ziegler. That accounts for the weird vibe of the site.

by Anonymousreply 119April 12, 2020 3:04 AM

r88 caotured all the ambivalence and all the tragic self-oblivion perfectly. Thread closed.

by Anonymousreply 120April 12, 2020 3:15 AM

r119, he's not closeted, that's why he's running a gay site

by Anonymousreply 121April 12, 2020 3:39 AM

What kind of name is 'Cyd'?

by Anonymousreply 122April 12, 2020 3:54 AM

Maybe he was named after Cyd Charisse!

by Anonymousreply 123April 12, 2020 4:29 AM

r121 I didn't say he was closeted I said "quasi closeted". He's out but he's extremely uptight about it. If you catch him cruising you he quickly averts his eyes and looks down because he doesn't want it to be obvious that he's gay. He's embarrassed by it.

by Anonymousreply 124April 12, 2020 6:22 AM

Cyd Ziegler gets rationed pretty regularly on Twitter for defending trans women athletes claiming that they have no biological advantage. One his favorites is DL fave Rachel McKinnon/Veronica ivy.

by Anonymousreply 125April 12, 2020 6:29 AM

I see the resident "I hate trans people" Republican troll has arrived at r125

by Anonymousreply 126April 12, 2020 5:18 PM

There hasn't been a picture of the soccer player posted in a while. Here's one. He's not that good looking. I bet the daddy was more attractive when he was the kid's age three decades ago.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 127April 12, 2020 5:28 PM

He needs rhinoplasty

by Anonymousreply 128April 12, 2020 5:30 PM

Here's a picture of the kid's soccer team at the college he attends. He's the first on the left in the front row. A lot of the other guys are way more attractive than him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 129April 12, 2020 5:31 PM

He's cute. I bet Blondy has a big jiggling smooth ass.

by Anonymousreply 130April 12, 2020 5:34 PM

He does not need a rhinoplasty. His entire face is big and plump. Whittle down his nose and he's going to look awful.

He's young and he's athletic. I've no doubt he can fuck that old man's ass all night long. What is so wrong with that.

When the boy is done with college and is ready to start his life, the old guy may feel like dead weight. That's where the rubber will hit the road. But Daddy can always go hunt up another 20 year old seeking some stability and affection. Easily done.

by Anonymousreply 131April 12, 2020 5:38 PM

r129 That picture looks like a fun time in the gym showers!

by Anonymousreply 132April 12, 2020 5:39 PM

R131 look at his face pic again. The nose is lopsided.

by Anonymousreply 133April 12, 2020 5:40 PM

R126 is a fucking idiot. Cyd is a republican like the other out sports guy. Honey you’re too sensitive and hysterical if you get upset that Cyd gets ratioed for defending McKinnon.

by Anonymousreply 134April 12, 2020 5:47 PM

R134 Is Cyd really a reichpublican? In the age of Donald Rump the Fuhrer? Wow, what a fucking asshole. No wonder he defends all the closeted players in the various sports leagues. All the more reason why we should spite him and out their sorry asses.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 135April 12, 2020 5:49 PM

His nose is fine. What he needs is a better photographer who knows how to handle lighting.

by Anonymousreply 136April 12, 2020 5:52 PM

Ziegler has a stick up his ass.

by Anonymousreply 137April 12, 2020 11:07 PM

r134, you're too sensitive if you get pissed off at me for calling you out on your reactionary views

by Anonymousreply 138April 12, 2020 11:10 PM

I didn’t realize saying men and women are biologically different was reactionary. My bad.

by Anonymousreply 139April 12, 2020 11:49 PM

R139, it's Republican assholes passing all the anti-trans bills. And right-wing MRA trolls are just as delusional as far left feminists when it comes to views on gender roles.

by Anonymousreply 140April 13, 2020 12:15 AM

I’ve found MRAs and TRAs are very similar in their thinking and try to shut any discussion down as being right wing or transphobic as they did to Martina Navratilova. You aren’t going to find many people who think biological males should compete in sports with biological females especially on a high school level where scholarships are on the line.

by Anonymousreply 141April 13, 2020 12:26 AM

I like daddy cock and have since I was in college. All my partners have been much older than me.

by Anonymousreply 142April 13, 2020 1:54 AM

r141 thinks criticizing people is shutting them down. Typical Republican - I have freedom of speech, but the people who criticize me don't!

by Anonymousreply 143April 13, 2020 2:17 AM

What are you babbling about R143 and what is your point? I mean do you think biological males should be allowed to compete with females? Do you think they have no advantages in tens of muscles, lung capacity, etc....

The other editor of outsports is Dawn Ennis who notoriously changed their gender 3 or 4 times while at ABC news then blamed his wife for it.

by Anonymousreply 144April 13, 2020 2:33 AM

r144, it's Republicans in places like Idaho who are so obsessed with attacking trans people. It's not educated people or liberals passing all those laws discriminating against trans people. It's the same people who pass anti-gay laws. That's who hates trans people.

by Anonymousreply 145April 13, 2020 3:25 AM

This thread is devolving into an unrelated, unnecessary and unwanted discussion on trannies. Let's bring it back on topic here. Adam and his daddy Tom.

This picture was taken around the time the daddy first laid eyes on him. He was definitely being pursued under the legal age, hence the "fear we had of what others would think" quote from the article. Of course they were in fear...of the daddy getting arrested and becoming a registered sex offender.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 146April 13, 2020 3:43 AM

R145 how come you won’t answer the question about athletics. Are you saying if a liberal democrat proposed the bill you would feel different?

by Anonymousreply 147April 13, 2020 3:44 AM

How come you won't face facts that it's Republicans who start those hateful bills? A liberal Democrat WOULDN'T propose a law that discriminates, just knuckle-draggers like you. Btw, the number of boys competing in girls sports is miniscule.

by Anonymousreply 148April 13, 2020 3:48 AM

R148 answer the question should biological men be allowed to compete with biological women, do you believe they have no physical advantage? I take it you don’t believe in fairness for women.

You just slipped and called the trans girls “boys” so you just acknowledged that they are males competing in female sports.

by Anonymousreply 149April 13, 2020 3:54 AM

r149, is it fair that 5'2" boys have to compete with 6'5" boys for spots on the basketball team? When were sports ever fair?

by Anonymousreply 150April 13, 2020 3:56 AM

Try harder r150 and yes it’s fair because they are both biological males and vice versa for women. Oh and a 5’2 boy is going to excel in gymnastics much more than a 6’5 boy. Even Renee Richards has said if she transitioned at 22 instead of 42 she would’ve wiped the floor on the WTA tour.

Why do you think that men and womens sports are divided by sex to begin with? Stop playing word salad.

Flo Jo’s questionable world record was established in 1988 and hasn’t been broken since. For men that time was the world record in 1929 and has been broken over and over again, and her 10.49 record in the 100m regularly gets smashed by elite/varsity high school boys every year.

by Anonymousreply 151April 13, 2020 4:21 AM

The kid is OK-looking and in good shape, but is obviously nearly hairless and smooth. Zoom in on his face... doesn’t even shave yet. Maybe what Daddy is looking for.

by Anonymousreply 152April 13, 2020 4:21 AM

r151, it's so weird that the tiny number of bio males competing in women's sports is so horrible to you. Even red states like South Dakota scrapped their anti-trans bill when they realized that the number of students this applied to was miniscule. How far to the right do you have to be that even South Dakota is more liberal than you are?

by Anonymousreply 153April 13, 2020 4:27 AM

It’s even weirder that you deny science and logic. Even stranger that you think it’s fair that terry miller and andraya yeawood who self identify as women but haven’t actually done any kind of transitioning are breaking high school girls track and field records.

One biological male breaking female sports records is one too many.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 154April 13, 2020 4:41 AM

God bless you, r154. You Republicans are so obsessed with a tiny minority of people. Seems weird for a Republican to accuse others of denying science and logic, since you support a Vice President who thinks homosexuality can be cured through prayer.

by Anonymousreply 155April 13, 2020 4:45 AM

How come you can’t answer the question r155? You keep dancing around it but you won’t directly answer it. Please cite the science that shows no physical differences in boys and girls? If you’re so passionate about allowing biological males to compete in female sports the surely you would provide the science right?

BTW R155 define woman.

by Anonymousreply 156April 13, 2020 4:51 AM

Enough. Take this ridiculous fight elsewhere.

by Anonymousreply 157April 13, 2020 4:58 AM

Outsports is just catering to the guys who think feminine guys are bad., The premise that you can't be gay and like sports and BE feminine is the theme. Needless to say they don't do a lot of articles on Johnny Weir.

by Anonymousreply 158April 13, 2020 4:20 PM

R158 Really? Because they sure love to kiss Rupaul's ass, at least from what I've noticed.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 159April 13, 2020 8:32 PM

R122, I have no idea.

by Anonymousreply 160April 13, 2020 10:03 PM

Any real pictures of this couple? Daddy is probably repulsive.

by Anonymousreply 161April 13, 2020 10:16 PM

^ See the first response. That's the only picture of the couple online.

by Anonymousreply 162April 14, 2020 5:20 AM

The kid probably has Corona hole and will give it to daddy.

by Anonymousreply 163April 22, 2020 11:32 PM

I'm disappointed by the lack of followup on this epic romance. How unbecoming of DL

by Anonymousreply 164May 4, 2020 6:08 AM

If someone could access his Instagram account, there would be an update to post. Otherwise, why would you expect any follow ups to be posted here?

by Anonymousreply 165May 4, 2020 3:13 PM

Kevin Spacey approves

by Anonymousreply 166May 7, 2020 7:18 PM

[quote]R88 My first love was 42 and I was 20. ... I outgrew the limiting place he had for a partner.

Was it kind of like a kennel?

by Anonymousreply 167May 7, 2020 8:49 PM

Bump because I thought I'd point out that the video at R53 has been mysteriously deleted. I wonder if it's because it gives a big tell over the fact that this kid hooked up with his twenty year older boyfriend when he was still underage. Much more scrutiny is being given to these types of hookups with Matt Gaetz and his "son" Nestor in the news.

by Anonymousreply 168August 6, 2020 10:29 PM

^ Correction. [bold] Thirty [/bold] year older boyfriend.

by Anonymousreply 169August 6, 2020 10:33 PM

Nestor needs a brother

by Anonymousreply 170August 6, 2020 10:35 PM

He wants to turn pro? How sweet.

Won’t happen, of course - bent or not, Americans can’t play footie properly and that’s that - but it’s nice to hang on to pleasant dreams of youth.

by Anonymousreply 171August 6, 2020 10:46 PM

He looks like that Broadway guy who played Milky White in the "Into the Woods" revival... Chad...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 172August 6, 2020 10:52 PM

Americans are so fucking weird, even on this board. Non-traditional? Yes. Will it last? No. Predatorial? No. The kid’s in college. Pretend like he doesn’t want to fuck a hot daddy. They’re both fine.

by Anonymousreply 173August 7, 2020 11:52 AM

[quote]They can get the AARP discount when they go out to dinner.

Well, just as long as it's the early bird special.

My Viagra peaks at about 6:00-6:30.

All downhill from there.

by Anonymousreply 174August 7, 2020 11:57 AM

[Quote] Predatorial? No

They started dating when he was 16. It's predatory and illegal.

by Anonymousreply 175August 7, 2020 12:49 PM

If U17 player iss needing touch of expehrieced men so that he will focus on weening, I ehm not seeing what is probelem with thiss.

Emericans, they heff thoughts about sex that I do not understend.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 176August 7, 2020 2:44 PM

I've done the much younger boyfriend thing myself several times and although its initially a lot of fun and great for the ego, at a certain point, you suddenly wake up and realize how harmful it is to the younger guy and how silly it makes you look.

Then you part as friends with him (typically blonde) driving off into the sunset in a new less expensive Audi or BMW convertible. Then you change the locks and your passwords.

by Anonymousreply 177August 7, 2020 2:59 PM

Bump for fun, but also because I noticed a little whole back that the video at R53 got mysteriously deleted. It was one that alluded to this kid fucking this older guy while he was still in high school. Very strange.

by Anonymousreply 178January 29, 2021 12:41 AM

Also he unlocked his instagram account so we can see photos of him now. Here's a recent shirtless photo.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 179January 29, 2021 12:44 AM

I'm not going to post every photo here, but this caption on this photo is LOL.

[Quote] If you guys aren’t aware, this is my boyfriend Tom. We have been dating for almost a year now, but I couldn’t wait any longer to post about him. Before I say anything more, if you do not support gay people, [bold] if you do not like the idea of me dating an older man, [/bold] if you do not like me in general. [bold] Please unfollow me. [/bold] Stop acting fake. He gets me, he respects me, he loves me. He is handsome, he is funny. There is nothing more I can ask. [bold] To me age is just a number. [/bold] For the people that support me, thank you❤️❤️❤️ @fischb8

Feisty girl. I wonder if she read all of what was said about them here on the DL.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 180January 29, 2021 12:46 AM

Older offers stability and comfort.

by Anonymousreply 181January 29, 2021 12:47 AM

He goes to planet fitness? That's the same place that the young Amish boy turned FL Olyfans performer gets his pump on. WHy can't their daddies splurge for a higher quality gym?

by Anonymousreply 182January 29, 2021 12:48 AM

I can see why this boy is dickmatized. The dude is hot for a daddy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 183January 29, 2021 12:56 AM

The older one is hotter than the kid.

by Anonymousreply 184January 29, 2021 1:07 AM

^ He need to quit with the hashtags, though

by Anonymousreply 185January 29, 2021 1:14 AM

I found the video from R53 posted on another account on Youtube. Don't know why the first one got deleted.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 186January 29, 2021 4:08 AM

Also something I noticed is that their relationship can't be that serious or else Adam would have gone to Tom's for thanksgiving last year. Evidently, they spent the holidays apart. The last photo of them together is on Tom's Instagram page where they talk about voting for Biden and Harris, so they are still together, but not in a serious enough relationship to do family get togethers. It does seem to prove, though, that a lot of the posters here who thought these two weren't going to last more than a year were totally wrong. That doesn't mean that they are going to get married, but this is obviously more than just a quick fling.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 187January 29, 2021 4:11 AM

Also Adam's brothers are much more attractive than he is.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 188January 29, 2021 4:12 AM

What’s a zaddy ?

by Anonymousreply 189January 29, 2021 4:12 AM

Adam is trying his best to get into shape, but he'll still have a bit of a butter face.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 190January 29, 2021 2:33 PM

[Quote] WHy can't their daddies splurge for a higher quality gym?

They live in Kansas City, Missouri. What higher quality gym is there than Planet Fitness? They certainly don't have gay bath houses, as far as I'm aware.

by Anonymousreply 191January 29, 2021 2:40 PM

Found the Biden Harris photo. It's been difficult going back in time on the Picuki app, but it's working this morning.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 192January 29, 2021 2:51 PM

LOLOLOLOLOLOL

So apparently, Tom was married to a woman before he came out of the closet and he has two daughters who are older than his current boyfriend. Crazy!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 193January 29, 2021 2:56 PM

r193 so he got to have his cake and eat it too. This is the same MO as the 50 year old t engineer that was dating a college student going to school to become an engineer. He was featured on DL as well. He had children the same age as his boyfriend. I don't care what anyone says it still makes me wonder if these guys were checking out their children's male classmates when they visited their children's schools. I'd say this for straight people as well. This guy started dating him at 18 so we know he was just waiting for that birthday to hit before he could publicly announce that he nuts in the boy.

by Anonymousreply 194January 29, 2021 3:40 PM

^ This is worse than the engineer because these two were probably fucking while Adam was still in high school and underage, hence why he gets so defensive about his relationship.

by Anonymousreply 195January 29, 2021 3:46 PM

"The young kid doesn’t know better, he’s too young and inexperienced. "

Hardly. "Young kid" knows daddy makes bank and he knows a cash machine when he sees it.

by Anonymousreply 196January 29, 2021 4:04 PM

I guess R182 was right after all. The daddy does cheap out on his boy. He goes to a much nicer gym.

[Quote] Location Life Time Athletic - Frontenac

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 197January 29, 2021 5:26 PM

WOWWWWWW. I hope this is a joke.

[Quote] It’s so big 💁🏼‍♂️. [bold] If you like what you see, there’s additional content on my OnlyFans [/bold] 📸 @adamburnett24

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 198January 30, 2021 5:42 PM

LOL One of his daughters call him by his first name. That's so trashy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 199January 30, 2021 5:47 PM

And it does seem like the boy is more interested in the daddy than the other way around.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 200January 30, 2021 5:48 PM

Also LOL the woman on the right is who Tom was married to and had two kids (maybe three, there's pictures that seem to suggest he has a son) with.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 201January 30, 2021 5:56 PM

The instagram is locked, but this is who might be his son. Lives in the same town as Tom and called him a "beast" in one of his running photos on Instagram.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 202January 30, 2021 6:00 PM

Don Bachardy and Christopher Ishewood... 31 year difference. Sometimes shit happens.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 203January 30, 2021 6:05 PM

I wonder who's in his will ...

by Anonymousreply 204January 30, 2021 7:07 PM

Another unhealthy relationship for which the extent of the damage is not yet known.

by Anonymousreply 205January 30, 2021 7:08 PM

R203 Yeah, an open relationship happened. What other barely legal boys is Tom fucking on the side? At least in this scenario Adam could hook up with guys his own age, though.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 206January 30, 2021 7:16 PM

Not sure if it’s fair to compare two hicks in Bumfuck to to a pair of legendary artists. They’re practically a different species. You might be correct about them being in an open relationship though, since they both post skanky half-nude selfies.

by Anonymousreply 207February 3, 2021 3:10 AM

It's funny to me. One of the reasons this thread died was because their Instagrams were locked and we couldn't see their photos. Now that they've unlocked it and we can share them, no interest. Maybe it's because it happened almost a year after the thread started, but you'd still think this would have garnered more attention than it did. Evidently not.

by Anonymousreply 208February 3, 2021 2:01 PM

Boo that old daddy ho must have found out that we were sharing his posts on here and now he's locked his Instagram page. Fortunately, we can still see the ones I shared earlier.

by Anonymousreply 209February 15, 2021 6:55 AM

Bump because there are some updates. It seems the daddy got shamed into upgrading the gym that his boy goes to to work out.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 210March 20, 2021 4:00 PM

I hate that these twinks go on vacations in the middle of a pandemic. Florida is so trashy too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 211March 20, 2021 4:02 PM

In the second picture, there's some older geezer pretending not to look as Adam shows off for the camera.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 212March 20, 2021 4:03 PM

On the daddy's Instagram page, one of his friends calls him out for being a man ho taking shirtless pictures all the time.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 213March 20, 2021 4:05 PM

Bump because there's new Instagram posts worthy of being shared. How the fuck does Adam not cheat on the daddy in the company of ripped dudes like these guys?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 214June 1, 2021 4:34 PM

I don't know why the Picuki links don't work, but anyway, here's the post.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 215June 1, 2021 4:36 PM

DL thought for sure that they'd be broken up by now, but they are still together.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 216June 1, 2021 4:43 PM

Beautiful! I wish we all could find our own barely legal soulmates.

by Anonymousreply 217June 1, 2021 7:10 PM

Something I noticed in the body language at R216 is that the boy puts his hand between himself and the other dude's thigh. Seem like he's keeping his distance due to his absurd exclusivity to his daddy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 218June 1, 2021 8:09 PM

Bump. More pictures.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 219June 30, 2021 4:12 PM

You guys are crazy. Why in 30 years when Zaddy is 80 he will be a spry young 48 and can go out and get a toddler of his very own,,,Somewhere Andy Cohen is calling this guy for advice, or if the kid has any friends.

by Anonymousreply 220June 30, 2021 4:42 PM

R220 Call Stephen Sondheim's lover for advice.

by Anonymousreply 221June 30, 2021 5:07 PM

Damn. Stalk much?

by Anonymousreply 222June 30, 2021 5:40 PM

Bump because the twink just unlocked his Instagram account and it turns out he deleted all of the photos with him and the daddy. Daddy's Instagram is gone too. Seems they have finally broken up after just two years together. Aw, what a shame.

by Anonymousreply 223March 20, 2022 2:32 PM

And you guys all thought Joel's neighbour was ridiculous!

by Anonymousreply 224March 20, 2022 2:35 PM

Also seems he now has a new boyfriend, but he won't say who it is.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 225March 20, 2022 2:35 PM

His latest post.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 226March 20, 2022 2:35 PM

I saw him horse playing in the pool with Joel!

by Anonymousreply 227March 20, 2022 2:36 PM

[quote]Dear Adam said: "mental/physical hurtles.

Oh, dear, dear Adam.

by Anonymousreply 228March 20, 2022 2:58 PM

[quote]He's almost old enough to be the kid's grandfather.

Yeah, in Florida, R7.

by Anonymousreply 229March 20, 2022 3:17 PM

I teach college freshmen and sophomores, and aside from sex, would be bored to death by them outside of bed.

by Anonymousreply 230March 20, 2022 3:22 PM

R229 Funny you should mention that because that's where he's transferring to in the fall.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 231March 20, 2022 6:34 PM

A fascinating and, I think, revealing like of a tweet from Tom's Twitter account. Though the two have seemingly broken up and Tom has since scrubbed his social media, I wonder if he's ever going to face legal consequences for preying on an underage boy?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 232March 20, 2022 7:05 PM

And I checked, it's his account.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 233March 20, 2022 7:06 PM

Who's the underage boy he preyed upon, R232?

by Anonymousreply 234March 20, 2022 7:07 PM

I mean Tom, not Singer. ^^

by Anonymousreply 235March 20, 2022 7:08 PM

R234 The boy Aaron. They started dating when he was 16.

by Anonymousreply 236March 20, 2022 8:14 PM

Tom better read this school principal's indictment and panic as soon as possible.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 237June 23, 2022 8:50 PM

I wonder what the teens parent think. More than likely his boo is older than his parents. Super awkward. I would never disrespect my parents that way. Love is love however.

by Anonymousreply 238June 23, 2022 8:55 PM

Why was r11 flagged as a troll.

by Anonymousreply 239June 23, 2022 8:56 PM

Wow. So maybe Joel's neighbour is real.

by Anonymousreply 240June 23, 2022 8:56 PM

Well, wen oi wuz still ah yoongstah plying at Villah, moy Skippah JT wuz tiekin care of mey, an' he's nearly twentay yeahrs oldah than mey.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 241June 23, 2022 9:46 PM

LOL Bump because I wanted to point out that the original article got deleted. Seems someone is nervous about a potential criminal investigation. Fortunately, it was saved in the wayback machine, in case anyone wants to read it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 242December 3, 2022 1:28 AM

I'm also going to copy and paste the original article here in case it gets scrubbed from the wayback machine.

-------------

Gay college soccer player Adam Burnett dreams of playing pro

Adam Burnett was an all-state high school player who came out as gay at 17. Two years later, he’s crazy in love with soccer and his boyfriend.

By Jim Buzinski Mar 5, 2020, 7:00am PST

Adam Burnett plays for Rockhurst University in Kansas City.

Being Out is a feature that looks at LGBTQ people in sports who have come out since Outsports first published in 1999. Today: Soccer player Adam Burnett.

It took a trip overseas to soccer-mad Europe to convince Adam Burnett to pursue a pro soccer career. And it took a serious injury to make him realize how much he loved the sport.

Burnett is a new breed of athlete who came out in high school and able to enter their collegiate careers without the extra burden of being in the closet.

Burnett came out as openly gay in 2018 while still a 17-year-old high school student in Missouri, where he was on the all-state list and helped his team to the state title.

Since then he has enrolled at Rockhurst University, a Division II school in Kansas City, whose coaches embraced his being out while recruiting him. He tore his ACL early in his freshman season and is redshirting and expects to play in his final four years of eligibility with designs of playing as a pro overseas.

On top of all of that, Burnett, 19, is happy in love with his boyfriend, Tom, a long-distance runner and triathlete who is 31 years older.

Here are Burnett’s answers to our Being Out questions.

What do you love the most about soccer?

It is my way to forget about anything going on in my life, a coping system. I love soccer, and my dream is to play professional soccer. I started and played every minute in the first five games of my college freshman season and had a free kick goal and two assists.

I then tore my ACL and am four months out of surgery. I go to physical therapy and work out with the team and on my own every day. I am already stronger than I was before and I will be even better once next season starts up. I will still be a freshman due to a medical redshirt and will be able to still have four years of eligibility. I promise I will work as hard as possible to make it to the next level.

What does it mean to you to be LGBTQ+ in sports?

I am a leader and love being an inspiration. I am openly gay and open about my relationship.

by Anonymousreply 243December 3, 2022 1:32 AM

I am dating a 50-year-old man and am happier than ever. My family, my friends, my coaches, my peers and my teammates know I am dating him and are happy for me and respect me for how brave I am. I don’t care who thinks it’s wrong. It is my life and I am happy.

What advice would you give to LGBTQ+ kids in athletics or who want to participate in athletics, the kind of advice the younger you wish you had heard?

If you are your true self and you are confident about it, then people will love you. Your true self is your best self.

Who is someone who inspires you?

Robbie Rogers, the first openly gay MLS player. He is someone I have looked up to once I came out of my junior year of high school, and after I read his book. I’d love to meet him since our lives growing up are very similar.

What are you passionate/excited about right now?

My grades. In high school I had really bad grades, making it almost impossible to get a full ride scholarship at a Division I school. In my first semester at Rockhurst I finished with a 3.8 GPA, and I am going to do just as well this semester.

I am also passionate about my boyfriend, Tom. I love him and care about him a lot. After we met, we went on a few runs together. We knew each other for a year before officially dating. That year it was a big challenge for us because the only reason we didn’t date was because of the fear we had of what others would think. But the love we have for each other beats all of that.

Tom has been a marathon and triathlon runner since he was in his mid-20s. His best marathon time is 2 hours and 55 minutes and he runs the Boston Marathon every year. He is in as good a shape as me and more than most people my age.

We are really good for each other because we push each other to be better. We can always count on each other, we have fun together and we understand that work, school and soccer come first. We balance each other out and he is a good mentor for me when I need advice.

What is your most memorable sports moment?

Going overseas to the Netherlands and Germany over the summer and playing club soccer was an amazing experience and hopefully I can play professionally overseas.

We also went to professional games and the crowds were insane. We were there for two weeks and it was one of the best times I have ever had. Training with other coaches overseas was a lot more challenging and you can tell how much more dedicated these athletes were.

Dedication, passion, talent and hard work are what you need to be successful and I believe I have it all.

Adam Burnett is a freshman at Rockhurst University in Kansas City majoring in Psychology and is a member of the men’s soccer team. He was born in Atlanta but moved to St. Louis when he was young and lived there until graduating from Parkway Central High School. After playing in college, he aspires to become a professional soccer player. He can be reached by email (burnetta8756@gmail.com) and Instagram (Adamburnett24).

by Anonymousreply 244December 3, 2022 1:32 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!