Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

RuPaul’s Drag Race, Season 12. Gentlzhyrs, start your engines!

Who is the queen to beat?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 600April 4, 2020 12:12 PM

I'm glad I'm dead.

by Anonymousreply 1February 28, 2020 6:59 PM

Ugh, that queen with the spiky blue shoulder pads is so blatantly ripping off Trixie Mattel. Get your own look, bitch!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2February 28, 2020 7:03 PM

I like the French one!

by Anonymousreply 3February 28, 2020 7:11 PM

Jan Sport ftw

by Anonymousreply 4February 28, 2020 7:16 PM

Whoever wins... We lose.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5February 28, 2020 7:40 PM

Gigi Goode looks like Abby Huntsman. Is that enough reason not to like her?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6February 29, 2020 12:12 AM

This was quite a premiere.

Two runway looks for the minichallenge, then have to write raps, choregraph a dance, and of course pull off another runway look. Definitely the most the queens have been asked to do in a premiere.

It was a good though, I went into it being like "oh, another drag race season, I guess I should watch" to actually being pulled into the show.

I actually think Widow did too much in that lip sync. She is obviously super talented and can deliver a great lip synch, but at times it turned into stunt after stunt.

by Anonymousreply 7February 29, 2020 1:40 AM

Another freakishly flexible contestant? Ugh. No.

by Anonymousreply 8February 29, 2020 3:12 AM

All Stars is moving to Showtime.

by Anonymousreply 9February 29, 2020 3:15 AM

I like the gal with the helmets.

It’s nice to see that “the big girl” (Widow) can move

by Anonymousreply 10February 29, 2020 3:54 AM

Loved it!

Heidi reminds me of the other contestant a few seasons back. She had the big, bug eyes, can’t remember her name though.

I’m liking Gigi.

by Anonymousreply 11February 29, 2020 5:34 AM

I'm going to guess that you're thinking of Kennedy Davenport, R11.

I actually agree with R7 that Widow was doing a series of stunts, but the stunts were so well timed, helping to make it an impressive [italic]performance[/italic] from start to finish.

To her credit, it was clear that Nicki Minaj was enjoying herself tremendously as a guest judge. And this season, we have a few DL "faves" as guest judges.

by Anonymousreply 12February 29, 2020 8:49 AM

Luff this season already.

by Anonymousreply 13February 29, 2020 9:07 AM

I was prepared to be meh'd, but I totally enjoyed the premiere. Nicki was a great guest judge, and some of the queens really surprised me, especially Gigi. Have to say though, that a little of Brita and Widow goes a long way. I don't need to see them in every other talking head. Jackie is really cute out of drag.

by Anonymousreply 14February 29, 2020 12:54 PM

Complete agree, R14. I'd hit "Jackie" real good.

by Anonymousreply 15February 29, 2020 1:32 PM

I watched in fear.......BUT I ended up liking all of the first seven! No one is completely obnoxious - I'm looking at you last season's Sulky Nutsack Gash - of course it's early.

There is the usual delusion - but it was a nice intro. Start your engines!

by Anonymousreply 16February 29, 2020 2:50 PM

Honestly, I don't like any of the cast revealed so far. She could (and should) send them all home.

by Anonymousreply 17February 29, 2020 6:54 PM

I like the Persian one with the 60s outfits. And they all named her as competition. Also, the one whose hair and makeup Nicki hated looked like she had some dancing skills and energy.

by Anonymousreply 18February 29, 2020 7:03 PM

I enjoyed it too, fun diversion.

by Anonymousreply 19February 29, 2020 7:25 PM

Newbie Q—Who makes the costumes?

by Anonymousreply 20February 29, 2020 7:36 PM

R20 Sometimes making costumes is part of the challenges—but less often these days than in earlier years. That used to be part of the show’s charm for me. Now it’s mostly annoying choreographed musical sequences.

Some of the contestants sew a lot of their own clothes. Some can’t sew at all and are very challenged when they do the clothes-making challenges. But the show is a lot more forgiving than Project Runway and allows glue or any other way to make the clothes as long as they look OK in the end and give a good performance.

Some of the contestants have been successful prior to being on the show and have brought elaborate wardrobes that they’ve commissioned, while others are poor people who sleep on friends’ sofas and make all their own janky clothes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21February 29, 2020 7:42 PM

Does the show pay for costumes for the challenges? It seems unfair that a rich bitch would have an advantage over a poor ho.

by Anonymousreply 22February 29, 2020 7:48 PM

Op pic shows how we represent everything women fight against. Sure it’s ironic and tongue in cheek - but are we there yet? It gives me pause but who am I to be a party pooper?!

by Anonymousreply 23February 29, 2020 7:56 PM

R22 They don’t show that on the show usually. It’s not a competition show in that way; the focus is on making the series entertaining to watch and they do sometimes show creative aspects but sometimes they edit that out altogether.

It’s been made clear that everyone is told to bring an outfit for each challenge, and usually are told what the challenge will be. And yes, wealthier ones bring better outfits that they pay for. Some make great outfits. Some bring shit from Forever 21 and then eventually get booted off for having cheap taste (Tatiana, Joslyn Fox). The show isn’t exactly fair all the time. RuPaul used to always announce that the judges have their says but the decision of who to award or to kick off is his alone. (Now it’s clear the producers pick the winners and losers.)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24February 29, 2020 7:56 PM

Tatianna’s cheap wardrobe. Which is too bad because s/he is really entertaining.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25February 29, 2020 7:58 PM

R22 Courtney Act is Australian and is referred to by some as “the Australian RuPaul.” She was very successful already when she was cast on Drag Race, and this outfit with the wings is one she brought with her. She won the challenge because of her outfit—but all she did was buy it and wear it. Some of the competitors wore clothes they made themselves. So it isn’t exactly a fair competition. (But Courtney Act didn’t win the season and she and RuPaul evidently hate one another.)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26February 29, 2020 8:02 PM

Someone made a “best 50 looks” video.

Some of these were made on the show as parts of challenges. Many were brought and obviously were tailor made.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27February 29, 2020 8:06 PM

I love that they broke up the introductions of the queens.

It has always been overwhelming to meet 15 girls all at once, this way we sort of get to see a few and at least know their names.

It’s interesting also to see who gets to come in the first group, since maybe people will make up their minds and the second group won’t get a chance to be seen in a favorable light.

by Anonymousreply 28February 29, 2020 10:35 PM

Yes, R12, thanks!

I liked Kennedy.

by Anonymousreply 29February 29, 2020 10:36 PM

The show did a two-part debut once before. I agree that it’s better. I sometimes don’t even watch the first episode because there are so many contestants I can’t register any of them.

by Anonymousreply 30February 29, 2020 10:38 PM

I agree this new format for introduction is much better.

I am happy that it looks like no one goes home in the first round, which is something I've been hoping would be implemented years ago. You never know what the fuck may have gone sideways (e.g. an allergic reaction, whatever) prior to the day leading up to the first performances, and how many possible serious contenders/winners got knocked out for that. Yes, I know this is a competition, but it is one of a different stripe, so I feel that elimination is best left tossed out of the first round.

That said, after that, feed most of these bitches to the lions.

This also had more of a fun, looser feel to it with the judges, something that has been missing the last few seasons. Most notably last year when they all seemed to be phoning it in.

So far, I'm rooting for Jackie Cox. The one who is trying to snag Trixie's look is a total zero.

by Anonymousreply 31March 1, 2020 3:52 AM

It was pretty obvious that the French queen and Heidi were bottom two. But the producers want to keep the French one as lons as they can, even tho she seems like she isn't all that. And probably felt that eliminating Heidi just after she got an alergic reaction would be a bad look. Plus she is obviously one of the poorer (if not the poorest queen). She did great on the rap challenge tho.

And, even tho she was solid, Gigi Goode is getting a top three edit. The producers know she is going to be popular with the fanbase.

by Anonymousreply 32March 1, 2020 6:56 AM

r23 Yeah I get what you mean, but it's kind of cool to look at it as a complete pastiche of cliched femininity. I hate the whole 'shitty gay bar drag show with overused dirty jokes' but this has been turned into an art form.

We are at a weird place in human history - females now copy drag queen contouring.

by Anonymousreply 33March 1, 2020 7:21 AM

Watched it tonight. Off to a good start. Fun and loose.

I am not a fan of Niki Manaj. She grates on my last nerve. I think she is so needlessly ghetto (doesn’t she live in a mansion in LA?) and just overall so dumb and basic. Like a 12 year old child with a chip on her shoulder. Time for miss thing to grow up and get her attitude together.

by Anonymousreply 34March 1, 2020 9:03 AM

I can’t stand Nicki either, r34, she’s total trash. However, she had some good commentary for the queens especially, when it came to their raps. I did notice she did not let one queen give her hug backstage during Untucked. Other celebrities were given warm hugs by the queens with no issues with the exception of Miley Cyrus who was almost mauled by one queen.

by Anonymousreply 35March 1, 2020 1:09 PM

Is Gigi Goode the 21-year-old with the mother who makes his costumes? I'm impressed by his ability to hold his own and appear so polished and confident at such a young age.

He was 10 years old when this show debuted on the Logo network.

by Anonymousreply 36March 1, 2020 1:55 PM

Gigi Goode looks like Pete Davidson.

by Anonymousreply 37March 1, 2020 2:03 PM

I adore Jackie, but in the first episode her runway gait gave me Rose Weissman realness.

by Anonymousreply 38March 1, 2020 3:02 PM

So they figured out that not too many people were tuning in to you tube or wherever to watch Untucked?

I’m glad it’s back on the network.

by Anonymousreply 39March 1, 2020 5:30 PM

We’re supposed to “get to know” the queens from their raps? LOL

There were three runways in the first episode which is 2 too many.

You may hate Nikki Minaj (old white people aren’t her demo) but she is a very big star.

by Anonymousreply 40March 2, 2020 12:08 PM

MOST BORING BUNCH OF QUEENS IN THEIR HISTORY...….

by Anonymousreply 41March 2, 2020 12:14 PM

R40, I am a black woman who posted above at R35...I can’t stand Nicki and if you know about her support of her pedo brother who is now serving 25 years to life that should put you off alone. Everyone in the industry knows she’s a cunt and she has trashed so many of her industry relationships over last few years because of her nasty attitude. I was actually, giving her a compliment on her advice to the queens. I’m still not a stan!

by Anonymousreply 42March 2, 2020 12:28 PM

I know some people resent it anytime someone calls a black person articulate, but I‘ll risk that and observe that Nicki Minaj gave better-articulated advice (with some clever wordplay) than most judges do. Some of the judges come across as patently vapid, and as someone who isn’t familiar with Minaj other than her appearance, I was actually impressed with her on the show. She seems clever and her words seemed well considered—certainly a step above the typical Drag Race judges, who can be entertaining but erm not that bright...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43March 2, 2020 12:35 PM

r31 it is not a new format - they did the same thing for Bianca's season - 7 and 7 except they eliminated one queen (Magnolia Crawford went home first that season).

by Anonymousreply 44March 2, 2020 12:53 PM

Bianca's season with the split premiere like this one was season 6.

The spring and fall runways in the first episode was from Sesson 7 though.

by Anonymousreply 45March 2, 2020 1:10 PM

r45 sorry, I meant 7 and 7 as in cast members not the season.

by Anonymousreply 46March 2, 2020 1:11 PM

Kelly Mantle was the first to go in Season 6. Magnolia was in the second group and went home in episode two.

What stuck out in Season 6's split was how much stronger the second group was from the first, which proved itself when the groups merged and the next three to go were from group one (Vivacious, April & Gia). Looking forward to seeing how this season's second group stacks up to the first.

Had there been an elimination last Friday, Heidi was probably the one who would have gone home. It's kind of funny how Ru and the judges were throwing shade on her drag name.

by Anonymousreply 47March 2, 2020 3:20 PM

[quote]What stuck out in Season 6's split was how much stronger the second group was from the first, which proved itself when the groups merged and the next three to go were from group one (Vivacious, April & Gia). Looking forward to seeing how this season's second group stacks up to the first.

Given how nice and supportive of each other the first group seems (so far, anyway), I wonder if the second group will be, to borrow from Kim Craig, a pack of chunts.

by Anonymousreply 48March 2, 2020 3:27 PM

This group is much more likable than last season. It was hard for me to get into last season because they were all so sour and annoying. The only one to emerge a star from that group was Nina because she was fun and had a good personality.

When is Ru going to understand that creepy queens like Sharon Needles and Yvie Oddly never become big stars or fan favorites? Same could be said for the "look" queens. A funny, entertaining queen always has more career longevity over a look or creepy queen.

by Anonymousreply 49March 2, 2020 3:34 PM

rumor has it Widow Von Du is the cunt of the season.

by Anonymousreply 50March 2, 2020 3:43 PM

I thought Nicki retired anyway, right?

by Anonymousreply 51March 2, 2020 5:14 PM

R49 I know so many people who love Sharon Needles, and a lot of people here have praised her. I always found her performances lackluster and didn’t love that season but a lot of people seem to regard it as one of the best.

I REALLY like Evie Oddly. I thought she was unique and entertaining. It was interesting to see someone with Ehler-Danlos Syndrome, too.

by Anonymousreply 52March 2, 2020 11:22 PM

Sharon Needles has a huge fanbase, dummy

by Anonymousreply 53March 2, 2020 11:53 PM

R53, She does not. Alaska is 10x more popular than her. Sharon is hated and forgotten.

by Anonymousreply 54March 2, 2020 11:58 PM

Sharon Needles HAD a large fan-base, until her Nazism/racism/whatever came out. Can't deny her great Catilyn impersonation, however.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55March 3, 2020 1:53 AM

r52 Yvie has to be one of the least interesting winners. No fan base to speak of. Buys followers and still has not much of a SM interaction. Fucked it up even further with the "NO PHOTOS!" bullshit at possibly the worst time when just starting to launch after the win. No tears here. You can only do so many backbends until people get there is not much else behind it. Coco Peru called her out, very gently, along with a few other queens, saying you've got to have more than what you use as your one and only hook. You have to come with a fuck ton more to the game. People bore easily, you need to be able to change it up. There are miles between real talent and a reality TV show winner.

by Anonymousreply 56March 4, 2020 2:18 AM

I like the country queen from NC

by Anonymousreply 57March 4, 2020 2:21 AM

I agree about Yvie R56. I think she is the worst winner ever. Maybe not the least deserving on her season. Brooklyn Hytes is Hosting Drag Race Canada with that cutie Jeffrey Boyden Hughes Hips. And Traci Melchor. And Stacey McKenzie from ANTM. It's gonna be terrible.

Drag Race got back it's mojo with the UK edition and this first episode of Season 12. If they had only these 7 contestants, it would be still be a very good show. But there's more. Nicki was great. Don't call her trash. She's been nasty many times, but she's long past being trash. She was a great guest judge. She took notes that she wasn't afraid to read from. Ru has every word he speaks fed into his fucking ear. I don't like the short dresses on Ru. The legs are not the last to go when you have his team. His legs are gone.

New queens - it's too soon to tell. That Persian Canadian dude with the green go go boots or the perfect Gigi guy & girl with helmets have to be front contenders for looks? Candida Von Du gave a top twenty hell of a lip synch. What's she gonna do for an encore? Yvie's Ehler-Danlos Syndrome was nowhere near as impressive. Depressed guys with ugly faces, bald heads, eating disorders and cheap avant garde fashions tend to win lately. But there's some chubby POC competition in DRAG that won't be denied this season.

by Anonymousreply 58March 4, 2020 3:30 AM

Gigi is young and has great skin. He can look really great as a guy.

As long as he keeps his mouth closed. He’s got a long face and could be related to the Trumps with the 4,000 giant teeth that come out when he unhinges his jaw. Reminds me of one of those unassuming little angler fish that can unhinge and suddenly become a terrifying monster.

OK, not that bad, but I don’t get what all the fuss is about. He’s a cute kid. I don’t see the cover of Vogue happening though (which means it probably will, I guess).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59March 4, 2020 10:48 AM

I already don't care for Gigi's helmets. If she continues to wear them in every runway look, Michelle will inevitably complain about it.

by Anonymousreply 60March 4, 2020 11:38 AM

Color me surprised, I actually enjoyed this premiere. It felt more fun and artistic than the last few seasons. We have some talented bitches on this year. Not a fan of Widow's lipsync -- too manic and stunt-y. I liked Gigi's more original take on it.

by Anonymousreply 61March 4, 2020 12:31 PM

Strangly enough, my favorite is Heidi, bad make-up, wig and all.

by Anonymousreply 62March 4, 2020 2:35 PM

R34 here, and I just listened to Nikki Manaj on RuPaul. This is the first time I’ve heard her open up and she has a lot better personality then you would think. I just don’t think she lets this side of her be public.

I thought she was a troublemaker and maybe she was but she seems like a decent human on the podcast. Maybe she is maturing. I really don’t know because I don’t keep up with her but I wish her well.

by Anonymousreply 63March 5, 2020 2:57 AM

I'm loving this season so far. RuPaul had a facelift and The Pit Crew have shoes!! Oh Jason Carter must be 45 by now. Here comes Bruno....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64March 5, 2020 9:55 PM

Bryce is such a gawky sexy nerd.

Jason is interesting. He’s kind of average looking until he smiles or laughs and then he is gorgeous to me.

The new guy is too new for me to like him. I like the familiarity of B and J.

by Anonymousreply 65March 5, 2020 10:56 PM

Iconic way to start off your first episode!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66March 6, 2020 4:06 AM

Sherry Pie wasn't on the first episode

by Anonymousreply 67March 6, 2020 11:46 AM

No she wasn't. But she'll be on tonight. And this story won't be going away. Aquaria, Bob, Bianca, Willam, Ginger Minj, Detox, Farrah Moan and Trinity Taylor and others all tweeted some outrage or concern about Sherry Pie's prior bad acts. WoW couldn't have known about these allegations because they didn't come out until the cast was announced. But they're obviously true - there are far too many victims and they all have receipts in the form of emails and videos they made. It's not illegal to catfish someone, but these were pretty complex scenarios to get guys to film themselves naked in hopes of being a cast in a film. Sherry Pie will not likely be at the reunion. I'm sure they're wildly editing the show right now. Some spoilers are out regarding how far she makes it in the show.....I won't repeat them here. Hopefully RuPaul will just be himself and take no responsibility for anything and pretty much ignore it. That's what he's done with other controversies. But I don't think VH1 can do that. It's going to be a great season. Too bad this creep casts a shadow over so much of it. Sherry Pie is theatre queen talented. Be prepared to be entertained....

by Anonymousreply 68March 6, 2020 12:12 PM

By the time the finale rolls around, the fandom will have moved on to some other controversy.

by Anonymousreply 69March 6, 2020 1:10 PM

r69 since they film all the finalists winning and don't announce the winner until the air date - pretty much guarantees she is not going to win if she is a finalist.

by Anonymousreply 70March 6, 2020 3:16 PM

I want to see BULK.

by Anonymousreply 71March 6, 2020 3:17 PM

and they can re-edit if it becomes a shit show - if she was a big part of the interviews and a winner of multiple challenges they can re-cut and downplay her.

by Anonymousreply 72March 6, 2020 3:48 PM

If what the poster said is true and she ended the season with the best record...that is an awkward situation for the show. Obviously they won't crown her, but hard to edit her down that much.

These allegations are pretty damn serious r69, not something small that will just be forgiven.

by Anonymousreply 73March 6, 2020 3:51 PM

Thanks for the spoilers, cunt. Ugh -- should've stayed out of this thread as I usually do.

by Anonymousreply 74March 6, 2020 3:53 PM

Brita Filter has sex-pest allegations as well.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 75March 6, 2020 3:55 PM

Disqualified!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 76March 6, 2020 8:25 PM

Perfect. That's the way to handle it. Now the show must go on!

by Anonymousreply 77March 6, 2020 8:47 PM

Announced on TVLine as well.

by Anonymousreply 78March 6, 2020 8:49 PM

Whew......that saved me some overtime, gurl......

by Anonymousreply 79March 6, 2020 9:37 PM

That spoils she makes it to the finale.

by Anonymousreply 80March 6, 2020 9:58 PM

Live with it R80. They all attend the finale. It hasn't been filmed yet.

by Anonymousreply 81March 6, 2020 10:01 PM

Not at all r79.

Now that it is official she is disqualified from winning at the finale, the editors have to work overtime to make sure the audience wouldn't want to root for her to win.

I guarantee they are working like mad to cut charming confessionals, splice in footage and commentary from other queens that make her look bad. Doing everything they can do that this point so that in future episodes they aren't giving her a super favorable edit.

by Anonymousreply 82March 6, 2020 10:11 PM

If Sherry Pie wins challenges and lip syncs, they can't very well change that R82. Of course they'll re-edit. But she's already half assed apologized and admitted her past actions in the last 24 hours. The show can tackle this one head on at the finale and reunion. She's cancelled. And for once, rightfully so.

by Anonymousreply 83March 6, 2020 10:19 PM

I can't tell if Sherry is annoying me because I am biased now or either way I would find her annoying. One thing is clear though that her make up skills need work.

by Anonymousreply 84March 7, 2020 12:39 AM

Catfishing? Is that all?

by Anonymousreply 85March 7, 2020 1:20 AM

You think the show is going to crown someone that spent their days tricking wannabe actors into sending them jerk off vids r85? Right after Weinsten got sent to prison?

Girl please. Sherry's career is ova. She'd have been better off if she never went on this show. Guess it never occurred to her that secrets don't stay buried.

by Anonymousreply 86March 7, 2020 1:49 AM

People who trick hot guys into getting naked should be praised, not scorned.

by Anonymousreply 87March 7, 2020 2:09 AM

Gays, please stop with the hideous tattoos. Please leave that awful fad to the tacky straights.

by Anonymousreply 88March 7, 2020 2:16 AM

Sherry Pie has been disqualified and won't be part of the finale.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 89March 7, 2020 5:05 AM

Another great episode, though I don't believe for a minute those bitches wrote their own lyrics to the 'Fosse' number. I just bought Robyn's old Call Your Girlfriend song though. I love her accent, so sweet. Not her first time on Drag Race. Fantastic lip synch again. I hope that Jaida Essence Hall Pinkett Smith Zeta Jones goes far. Gorgeous, funny, flawless, talented & that ASS. I'm sure the fanbase is more in love with ironic Jan and the interesting/ugly dude with no lips. They always stan the least attractive white girls - who aren't fat.

Sherry Pie will likely win hearts and get attention from the judges for sure. She just fucking destroyed her career. Ru's facelift is so fresh, he appears in agony when he moves, never mind smiles. A lot of looking down. I'm not making it up. He's so busy with these shows that he was just freshly yanked during these tapings and the wounds are covered with a head scarf and hat when he's being a 'man' and lots of extra wig and big old earrings when in drag. We never get to witness a Diva in real time recovery. It's kind of a bonus fascination.

The VH1 Emmy winning money is flowing because this cast and these first two shows have been as good as anything the show has ever done. I'm not a big fan of the Kim Chi farter or Aja's prettier sister. I don't think that French Doll will go very far either. But they're a freaking talented cast. Maybe the best ever. Sherry Pie committed more than ordinary catfishing, but it ain't gonna ruin this season. I see a Dr. Phil episode in his/her future. I don't usually watch the Roscoe's live viewings, but this is the week to see what they say.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 90March 7, 2020 7:35 AM

I’m new to the show. It’s a hoot.

by Anonymousreply 91March 7, 2020 8:24 AM

R90 Call Your Girlfriend is pretty old. If you don’t know her music very well, look into it. The albums Robyn (2005) and Body Talk, parts one, two and three are really good. Call Your Girlfriend was one of her most popular songs but not her best in my opinion.

Sherry Pie is charismatic. People who say she must have thought she’d “get away with it”...I’m thinking there are two likely possibilities about that. The first is that she may have done the catfishing thing out of curiosity or even loneliness and thought of it as harmless because she never met the guys and never thought anything was really wrong with what she did, and may have just forgotten it as a non-event in her life, rather than going on with life thinking she got away with committing a crime or a bad act. It seems to me that human beings do things out of curiosity all the time to find out how others will react as a way of studying human behavior or just for a thrill, and sometimes they don’t even register those things as “bad.” Just sort of experiments. When I was young and AOL gave every account seven screen names, for example, I made alternative personae and talked to people as different people just to see if they would interact differently with a different person. I never did anything super creepy like Sherry did but I think that if Sherry isn’t a psychopath, a similar underlying experimentation could have been at play.

OR if Sherry Pie *is* a sociopath or psychopath, then the catfishing thing could be just the tip of the iceberg. I didn’t know what to think of him before watching the show. I didn’t expect him to be a standout and he was. Without the scandal, after last night’s episode, he might have been my favorite based on the performance he gave and also (eek) the personality—he was right about the choreography aspect and also seemed pretty kind in the workroom. The editors definitely did not give him a villain edit. Although the “Have I lost my mind?” bit is certain to be meme-able. Anyway, based on the charisma shown last night, maybe he is a typical charming and smart sociopath, and if so, then he and the production may have been so quick to apologize/condemn because they know there’s something much worse that could come out.

Anyway, Sherry will be dancing on her own for a while.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 92March 7, 2020 9:21 AM

[Quote]I didn’t expect him to be a standout and he was

But we already knew that, multiple articles have reported the makes it to the finale. He does well this season.

[Quote] because she never met the guys and never thought anything was really wrong with what she did, and may have just forgotten it as a non-event in her life

Nope. Some of the guys she knew in real life, and she was doing this right up until she went to film the show. And it isn't harmless, she was getting guys to take steroids and HGH.

by Anonymousreply 93March 7, 2020 9:40 AM

R93 Oh. Yikes. I hadn’t heard/read that. If that’s true, yeah, OK, that warrants the reaction. (And if it’s true, then I would put money on other at least equally scary skeletons in his closet. That is pretty twisted and harmful.)

by Anonymousreply 94March 7, 2020 9:44 AM

A good article

[Quote]Eventually, while Gugliemelli was in Los Angeles filming “RuPaul’s Drag Race,” Mossey stopped responding to Marandola’s emails. He grew suspicious and contacted lawyers. In December 2019, Marandola confronted Gugliemelli in text messages and demanded to see a contract for the payments he was receiving via Venmo as a retainer and to pay for his steroids.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 95March 7, 2020 9:46 AM

So the show is outraged enough to kick Sherry Pie out of the live finale but not outraged enough to edit her out or scrap the season. No, ok, that's fair. But do I get in trouble if I say I feel bad for those boys but if you're getting naked for a role, stop yourself?

I'm with Ross: I like a fat funny camp drag queen. Give me a quick wit. Who needs an Instagram star? Though I'll immediately take that back to say Plastic Tiara is killing it on TikTok. She's so good.

by Anonymousreply 96March 7, 2020 11:12 AM

You can't edit her out, that's impossible. And in the early episodes you cant change anything, they would have already been locked and distributed around the world. The show is almost certainly editing her down in terms of confessionals and what not n the later episodes of the season that arent locked yet. But that is all you can do.

by Anonymousreply 97March 7, 2020 11:20 AM

I don’t think they should edit her down or out. Leave her there. Let people see that villainous, abusive, manipulative people do not always come across as any of those things. Only in superhero movies and the Trump administration do harmful people actually cackle with deranged glee and announce “I will destroy you!” Machiavellian people tend to be very charming. Show Sherry Pie as she is throughout the season. Let people like her. And then dedicate time in the end to discussing everything she has done so that people feel the sucker punch and betrayal of trust. To unrealistically edit her into a villain serves no one.

by Anonymousreply 98March 7, 2020 11:33 AM

Fair. Sherry Pie tanked that lip-sync too, no dancing skils. Did her feet move at all? I like how dancing, emoting, pretending to sing can save a certain type of girl.

by Anonymousreply 99March 7, 2020 11:38 AM

Leaving the controversy and getting to the entertainment of it...one of the things I like about this series still is the variety.

I have never understood the splits thing. They all do it. They all do it on a big drumbeat. It’s the most predictable part of the show. So it doesn’t sell me. But besides that, I do like that one person may win a lip synch performance by doing undeniably great gymnastics or acrobatics, and another may win with facial expressions and another may win by “feeling” the song. I think that’s pretty cool.

Shows like American Idol get old quickly because the criteria are the same for everyone, and you know the person with the big belting voice is going to be deemed “the best” and win. Here, you rarely know. Some, like Bob and Bianca, sort of walk in the room in episode one and you know they’ll win. Others, you have no idea. And some of the losers are objectively worse performers but among the most charismatic and memorable characters.

by Anonymousreply 100March 7, 2020 11:48 AM

I don't get the splits either. Death drops can be an exciting moment but it's weird it's sort of fetishized. 3 queens did it in the 80s and now 50% (more?) of these girls have to have one in the back pocket.

by Anonymousreply 101March 7, 2020 11:55 AM

Jaida is a bit tiresome with all of her criticism but no solutions during the dance.....and which one has the two inch gummy smile - Jaida or Dahlia [does she even know who the Black Dahlia was?].

Jan is funny....and there is hope for a couple of the others - but there is the shadow that is Sherry.....it's like Dead Drag Queen Walking watching her.

I agree with the poster above that they didn't write those lyrics.....and after them stumbling around during the rehearsal suddenly we have them in CHAIRS? Weird......

by Anonymousreply 102March 7, 2020 2:04 PM

Jan seems like the Brooke Lynn Heights of this season: Very talented, ambitious, and great drag but with no real "wow" factor to keep fans interested over time.

GG and the French one will probably be the breakout stars.

I'm worried for Aiden. This show or the drag world or both will chew him up and spit him out.

by Anonymousreply 103March 7, 2020 2:11 PM

Is the workroom big enough for the outsized personalities of Widow, Sherry, and Brita?

Maybe it's the shadow of Sherry, but this second group seemed underwhelming compared to the first group. Dahlia seems dumb and trashy. The Kim Chi knockoff is annoying with the farts and triggers. Jaida is not all that compared to GiGi and Nicky.

by Anonymousreply 104March 7, 2020 2:17 PM

The French one and Gigi both annoy the fuck out of me. So they will probably be finalists.

The French one and Dahlia both have really bad attitudes. They seem mean for the sake of being mean. And even though that feels like a put-on persona, it’s a real turnoff for me.

I like Jan so far.

by Anonymousreply 105March 7, 2020 2:26 PM

Is it me or did Jan Sport look exactly like Cheryl Hole??

by Anonymousreply 106March 7, 2020 2:51 PM

Jan -

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 107March 7, 2020 2:52 PM

Cheryl

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 108March 7, 2020 2:53 PM

I think its interesting that no one last night mentioned Jan being a part of Stephanie's Child when she hit that note in her part of the song....she is a professional singer!

Agree that the first group was much more interesting and talented as a whole...

by Anonymousreply 109March 7, 2020 2:57 PM

Yep, I immediately thought the same thing r106.

by Anonymousreply 110March 7, 2020 3:01 PM

Someone suggested calling her Mimi Imdisqualified.

by Anonymousreply 111March 7, 2020 7:06 PM

r111 brilliant

by Anonymousreply 112March 8, 2020 1:39 AM

I liked rock m sakura. Kinda hyper but that's okay.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 113March 8, 2020 2:10 AM

I think Rock M will be the first one eliminated. Why show up as Trixie Mattel? And the fart humor. They were not impressed.

by Anonymousreply 114March 8, 2020 2:15 AM

Fart humor is fine. They're drag queens. Humorlessness look queens and runway queens are killing drag.

by Anonymousreply 115March 8, 2020 2:21 AM

Because this is so original? And his fake crying in the workroom was the worst I've ever seen.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 116March 8, 2020 2:38 AM

Finally watching since AS3 when Shangela got rigged out for the tweenie producer fave Trixie. Maybe a break did me good because I enjoyed it.

Group 1 >>>> Group 2

• Heidi N Closet is a terrible name and lol at them being blatant about it

• I want to like Brita for some Poly Pride but she’s so OTT extra

• Jan is cute but way too fucking OTT. She’s also a brick

• When I first saw the little Pinoy I was like, damn he’s thick and will make a terrible Queen. Liked him by the end tho.

• Nicki + Fun Rap Challenge vs. Robyn + Corny Chicago Number... not even a contest. Also that Robyn song is a terrible choice for a lipsync.

Who cares about Sherry Pie. She should be DQd on the basis of being TERRIBLE PR, but ladies need to stop clutching their pearls. It’s not like she’s doing Ed Buck shit.

He’ll, Katya is a chronic relapsing meth addict and the frauen fandom want to make her the godmother of their kids.

by Anonymousreply 117March 8, 2020 2:54 AM

The Aja clone is a bore. She/He is very cute but totally superficial.

by Anonymousreply 118March 8, 2020 3:47 AM

“The House of Aja” must be a joke

by Anonymousreply 119March 8, 2020 3:51 AM

Aidan Zane is a tranny lady right? Not born a man...

by Anonymousreply 120March 8, 2020 8:56 AM

R119 - it’s foreclosed

by Anonymousreply 121March 8, 2020 12:55 PM

[quote]The Aja clone is a bore. She/He is very cute but totally superficial.

If there was an elimination they definitely would have been the one eliminated. Easily the weakest part of their number.

by Anonymousreply 122March 8, 2020 1:08 PM

Adyane Zayne - during the fashion show I was thinking (is this guy tucked because I see a lot of jiggles and then Ru called out his meaty tuck..

by Anonymousreply 123March 8, 2020 1:11 PM

The other Ru girls have not been holding back

[Quote]Of course she’s going to excel in the acting challenge. She’s been acting as Allison for years.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 124March 8, 2020 2:45 PM

Aja and his “house” are vomitous. House of skank. The guys are so repulsive. They don’t have a fucking clue how to do makeup. Gross.

Sad about Sherry, ruined what is a very promising start to the season. I guarantee producers and editors are deep in conversation trying to figure out what to do (they clearly didn’t have time to work on this episode) because based on his talking head alone they use him a lot and he’s going far in the season, and he doesn’t seem like an angry useless cunt so they’re probably giving him a nice edit. It will be interesting to see if they leave it alone or they have to change it because he’s a finalist and they need to remove him. Very unfortunate.

by Anonymousreply 125March 8, 2020 3:47 PM

rock m sure didn’t wait long before carting out her sob story. That’a supposed to happen mid-season, no? Give us a few episodes before trying to make us feel sorry for you, jeez.

The you-go-girl affirmation crap is really OTT. It used to be more spontaneous and could be touching, but the girls are like camera-ready trained monkeys now, going through the motions for Miss Congeniality. I guess that’s what RPDR’s teen fangirl demo wants.

by Anonymousreply 126March 8, 2020 5:44 PM

rock m and Dahlia may have been bottom two. But not with Dahlia's runways. They each deserve a chance to do more. Funny that Ross told Dahlia to wear more makeup and not be subtle. Cuz Dahlia was looking like Paula Abdul and Kelly LeBrock rolled into one. Too fucking gorgeous, a biological woman. They never told Courtney Act to look more like a drag queen.

by Anonymousreply 127March 8, 2020 6:51 PM

Dahlia's look is ruined by her horrendous tattoos.

by Anonymousreply 128March 8, 2020 6:56 PM

R126 the episodes typically are locked and sent for distribution weeks before airing. Often the entire season is sent at once. They need to do closed captioning and in some cases dubbing if there are rights in other countries / languages. The networks / Cable stations need the episodes with all captioning done well before the air date.

Based on the message, it seems the episodes are done and will not be altered. They will not invite her to the finale. My guess is there will be quite a bit of her in most episodes given that they were giving her a winners arc (or top 2 story arc) when the editing was being done.

by Anonymousreply 129March 8, 2020 7:10 PM

I actually am impressed by all the girls. This 2 openings premieres is a good idea. I was able to get to know the queens. I really like a few.

by Anonymousreply 130March 8, 2020 7:19 PM

Sherry Pie's looks were (clumsily) edited out of the Pit Stop, but they had to leave in some discussion of her regarding the lip synch. WoW Fashion Photo Review might edit her out of Toots and Boots as well, but I doubt it. There's no need to change her edit in the show. She's clearly very talented and it's already established that she makes it to the final group. It's not a spoiler when it's been reported in countless articles over the last 4 days. She's disqualified. Not a term they'd use for someone who was already eliminated.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 131March 8, 2020 7:20 PM

Bob still looks like crap lol. Why he won I'll never know!

by Anonymousreply 132March 8, 2020 8:09 PM

It was a spoiler to me. Thanks for nothing.

It’s like people just can not help themselves for ruining it for others. They don’t want anyone else to enjoy a suprise to they just HAVE to ruin it. They have to try to co trol other people’s joy or pleasure. The internet has been a godsend to psychos.

by Anonymousreply 133March 8, 2020 8:11 PM

World of Wonder has erased Sherry Pie from its online recap show

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 134March 8, 2020 8:28 PM

I wish they would erase Bob from that recap show. What an awful winner/season.

by Anonymousreply 135March 8, 2020 8:30 PM

You didn’t like Bob?

by Anonymousreply 136March 8, 2020 8:33 PM

The Sherry Pie scandal makes the season a lot more interesting to me. It's actually great PR for the show, as people tune in to see what it's all about. The reunion and finale will be must-watch TV.

I just hope they keep everything as is until the finale. It makes no sense to re-edit the show, or to change the final placement when no one knew about this scandal until now. Keeping everything exactly as it happened only helps to make the season more dramatic, and shouldn't that be what Ru wants in the end?

by Anonymousreply 137March 8, 2020 8:33 PM

Ru definitely likes it in the end, I agree with you r137, it adds to the drama!

by Anonymousreply 138March 8, 2020 8:49 PM

R133, how could it be a spoiler? If you watched the show, they aired the disclaimer that Sherry had been disqualified before ep 2 and before Untucked. You don’t have to be Sherlock Holmes to figure out that means he made it to the finale. If he were the 11th runner up, what pray tell would he be disqualified from?

by Anonymousreply 139March 8, 2020 8:54 PM

Give Bob a mic and he can entertain a crowd all night r132. That's ultimately what you want a drag queen, not the prettiest one.

I'd count him as one of the best winners of the show, he dominated his season.

by Anonymousreply 140March 8, 2020 9:03 PM

Absolutely R140, Bob is one of the best winners along with Bianca.

by Anonymousreply 141March 8, 2020 9:19 PM

All the queens know that they need to be ready to break down and sob on-camera with a good trauma story. It’ll be interesting to learn what Sherry Pie’s sob story is.

If she confesses to being the victim of a catfish that humiliated her, I will laugh so hard.

by Anonymousreply 142March 8, 2020 9:28 PM

Sherry’s breakdown in the workroom ep will be a highlight for sure.

by Anonymousreply 143March 8, 2020 9:29 PM

R139 it’s too late to put the hose back in the barn. You’re a real piece of trash.

by Anonymousreply 144March 8, 2020 9:37 PM

Somehow, hose back in the barn is fitting.

by Anonymousreply 145March 8, 2020 9:40 PM

R144 Fuck off baby. You sound like the vixen.

by Anonymousreply 146March 8, 2020 9:51 PM

Got a good chuckle over Jan using a Tiffany "New York" Pollard quote at the end of the episode ('cute next to gorgeous').

by Anonymousreply 147March 9, 2020 4:02 PM

R139 has killed the season AND this thread. She’ll probably pat herself on the back for a solid day’s work.

by Anonymousreply 148March 9, 2020 4:05 PM

No she hasn't r148. Calm down, Mavis.

by Anonymousreply 149March 9, 2020 4:15 PM

Wow I can’t believe there are people here who are so stupid that even after hearing she was disqualified still didn’t understand that meant she goes far.

What is it with people hearing the most spoilers yet freaking the hell out? Are your lives so empty you have nothing better to do than bitch about a spoiler?!!

Also lol at the producers/fan base . They’ve been so thirsty to get a big girl winner and this season was probably gonna be it. Based on spoilers, Sherry was no doubt the leading queen.

by Anonymousreply 150March 9, 2020 4:30 PM

Spoiler from Willam. Don't press PLAY!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 151March 10, 2020 6:27 AM

Just slap all the dumb bitches always whining about Spoilers.

Also: Bob the Drag Queen. That bitch ain't funny or pretty.

by Anonymousreply 152March 10, 2020 6:47 AM

R140, but I don't think Bob is funny. He's just that annoying friend of a friend that you run into at the bar that won't shut the fuck up. It's why I co-signed Thorgy's annoyance with Bob that season: it was basically go go go hoping that 1/1000 jokes would land.

Him wearing a wig doesn't make it funny.

Shangela is funny. Bianca is funny. Dela is funny. I'll even concede that Trixie is funny. Bob ain't my cup of tea.

by Anonymousreply 153March 10, 2020 2:24 PM

I still can't believe that Yvie won over Nina West last season. I guess Nina got the last laugh since her career has taken off the most since the show.

Have you noticed that the winner rarely becomes the breakout star of the season? It's always one of the runner-ups who becomes the most famous. You'd think that Ru would eventually get a clue.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 154March 10, 2020 4:20 PM

R151, Didn't Willam make a whole big stink about Rupaul and the show several years back? Something about how he didn't need the show because he's already a supposed star and how Ru is apparently a fraud... yet here he is many years later still obsessed with Ru and his show lol Willam always struck me as a bit of a psycho. Interesting to see how Phi Phi turned out to be a sweet person in real life compared to the raging bitch she was on the show, and how Willam turned out to be an embittered narcissistic cunt.

by Anonymousreply 155March 10, 2020 9:56 PM

Phi Phi is a crazy bitch too.

by Anonymousreply 156March 11, 2020 6:58 AM

O btw, Queens from previous seasons have said that they do more than one take of those musical dance numbers. That may explain why the judges knew the words.

As for as the runner-ups being more successful, I think it's the same setup as any other reality show. The winner is under contract so they aren't free to negotiate what projects (or payments) they want. Also, what you were doing before helps to build what you will do after. Nina West already had titles, bookings, and travel so that experience multiplied with her exposure. I don't believe Yvie was creating her own projects or running her own show, so winning $100,000 won't do much if she's used to doing local drag.

by Anonymousreply 157March 11, 2020 8:58 AM

Willam has been obsessed with RuPaul for years. Any negative press Ru gets, Willam is always there to tell a story about how Ru isn’t who we think she is and how much of a better person she is. Meanwhile Ru doesn’t even acknowledge him.

Willam is that psycho ex gf who five years after being dumped is still giving monologues about how she doesn’t need no man cause her ex is so horrible.

Also, the winners are pretty damn successful. To use the Yvie-Nina comparison doesn’t work. Too bad Nina didn’t win last year, they could’ve had a big girl win. Now another big girl is wasted due to her own flaws.

by Anonymousreply 158March 11, 2020 1:33 PM

Willam is really, really loathsome. He's the nastiest bitch at any gay bar, usually very drunk in the afternoon, always insulting people "in a funny way" and if you take offense, then you're just uptight. He'll probably never not be that guy which is sad.

Nina West's lane isn't limited to bitchiness and extreme costumes and lip syncing for tips. She had established a reputation as a consistent, reliable ally for the community in Columbus long before the TV show. The show gave her more exposure to build on what she already had while someone like Yvie had nothing until the show.

The cancellation of Drag Con is a huge blow to these queens. It had been a reliable money maker. I expect to see a lot of scrambling for coins from these gals on social media. I wouldn't be surprised if some of them start begging for contributions via Venmo.

by Anonymousreply 159March 11, 2020 1:53 PM

Nina West is too busy being one of Meghan Mccain's pet fags and sucking toes on her 'comedy' tour

by Anonymousreply 160March 11, 2020 1:56 PM

r155 - William was booked on All Stars - he canceled two months of gigs and the week before taping Ru called him to tell him they "went a different direction" and William didn't need All Stars since he was already so successful with DWV etc. William was pissed. That started his Ru is a fraud campaign. Mathu Anderson was Ru's make-up person and friend. He worked on the show for years. When it moved to VH1 Mathu asked for a raise. He was told no. Mathu famously did half of Ru's makeup and left. Ru never stuck up for Mathu when he could have easily gotten him a raise. When Mathu got sick, Wiliam confronted Ru (WOW studios is right outside of Williams office/space) asking why he does not go visit Mathu (who had been asking to see Ru).

by Anonymousreply 161March 11, 2020 1:59 PM

I am not sure where your view on Willam comes from but it seems rather negative!

On the show Willam had past experience with being a cast member on other shows and he spoke up about the poor conditions / treatment of the cast on Drag Race. He was also an agitator and rule breaker and he pissed off the people at the top. He isn't anti-Ru. He speaks very positively about what Ru and Drag Race did for him and for drag as a whole. He is very appreciative of that. He is not a fan of WoW or the WoW execs. He and Ru had a personal argument over Mathu. I don't know exactly what it was about but it seems to have ended the fairly positive relationship Ru and Willam had until then. Willam always speaks up when he thinks others are being treated unfair (rightly or wrongly) and is willing to take the heat for doing so.

Willam for sure has his faults but he is pretty well respected and has a lot of long time friends and collaborators within the drag world and has managed to keep a good reputation in the TV / movie world. He is very business minded and plays a bit of a controversial character to keep himself relevant and getting views / noticed. I don't get the impression he spends a lot of time just hanging around bars drunk. He has a ton of projects on the go and is known for his work ethic.

I don't know the guy personally and mostly have just listened to some pod casts and interviews and watched a few of the videos on his channel. He comes across as far more pleasant / less obnoxious in the podcasts and out of drag content then he does when in character.

I agree the cancellation of Drag Con is a blow for many of the queens. They sell a lot of merch there and also many make a lot of money from the meet and greets. Some of their tours may get cancelled over the next few months as well.

by Anonymousreply 162March 11, 2020 3:22 PM

r162 - Mathu was sick - this was after he quit the show and was asking to see his friend Ru. Ru was ghosting him. William saw Ru outside of the WOW studios (Willaims space is right across the street from WOW). He shouted at Ru to go see Mathu, Ru got pissed and said "HOW DARE YOU, WHAT ARE YOU DOING FOR HIM?" William responded, "right now I am going to get him, my friend, a milkshake because he wants one and he is sick, the least you could do is go see him." Ru sped off.

by Anonymousreply 163March 11, 2020 3:39 PM

You guys are delusional if you think Willam cares about Mathu. He only used that situation to make himself look like a white knight Protecting Mathu from Ru.

Willam is an opportunist. He used to be anti trans but conveniently became pro trans once it looked bad to be openly anti trans.

And it’s not just the Mathu thing Willam has used to make himself look better. Anytime Ru gets in trouble, Willam butts in to remind everyone how evil Ru is and how woke he is himself in comparison.

He’s bitter because he thought he’d be even bigger than he is in the entertainment world and he’s only still in the limelight because he butts himself into every discussion so he can brag about being enlightened.

For someone who is supposed to be the antiRu, he just comes across as a desperate wannabe.

Oh and he was my favorite back when season 4 aired. He’s proven himself to be worthless as a human though.

by Anonymousreply 164March 11, 2020 4:31 PM

Meanwhile Courtney Act also speaks up against Ru but not to the point here we realize she’s being phony and not to the point of obsession either. Courtney is genuine in her dislike of Ru. Willam is not. Courtney is successful and loved. Willam is fake and desperate.

by Anonymousreply 165March 11, 2020 4:33 PM

Willam and Courtney are both major self-promoters. So is Trixie. Half their content is marketing / advertising but when you are a self employed drag queen you kind of have to self promote. Others like Kim Chi work full time on the tours and don't have to do as much promo work.

I know what you mean in terms of Willam being a bit bitter that he isn't even more famous but he has been pretty successful. He is easily still top 10 in terms of successful drag queens, maybe even top 5. He has a book, a make-up line, a kickstarter funded 6 season youtube series, a new Quibi network series, a pretty successful patreon account (>4000 people donating monthly), he gets paid gigs for drag race and various other events, he had a pretty prominent supporting actor role in the eastsiders netflix series, he has two successful podcasts, owns a studio that he rents out for events and shoots, was in a star is born etc. He has good name recognition and good connections. He is doing pretty well.

by Anonymousreply 166March 11, 2020 4:51 PM

Is there a list somewhere with the queens who have found the most success?

by Anonymousreply 167March 11, 2020 5:07 PM

Yes, I remember Ru had her own controversy recently over "anti trans" views. Guess who was there to chime in and take digs at Ru? Willam, and not only that he basically implied that it was somehow Rupaul's fault for his own 'controversial' comments on trans. What a hypocrite and not only that a coward too! The real shitty thing about this is Willam didn't actually say anything wrong to begin with, just what everyone already thinks but are too afraid to say. But instead of sticking to it, the minute he received any criticism, he weaseled out of it and made it into a Ru thing. And even now the trans are still barking at Ru for supposedly allowing a "cis predator" on his show but excluding them. Willam can't resist.

by Anonymousreply 168March 11, 2020 5:15 PM

Willam's "controversial" comments were about how you can transition, but you can't change your chromosomes (which is undeniably TRUE). And yet he had to apologize and do penance over that.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 169March 11, 2020 5:24 PM

Oh I agree he can't resist. He likes to have a say in everything and has an opinion that isn't always all that well informed. He is scared of getting cancelled - they all are. It would be the end of their careers and what do they have to fall back on if exiled by the Drag Race fan world? What he is doing is working for him. His polarizing approach works and lots of his fans love him for it. He seems to have a pretty solid fan base and he engages with them. I saw that he comments on fans comments on his youtube videos, did a free meet and greet at Drag Con last year, etc. He seems to have found a formula that works for him. I don't really have an issue with him - or any of them. They do what they can do to stay relevant in a not particularly easy field of work. I think he is probably a pretty decent guy in real life. He's got ADHD and doesn't take meds when doing drag / content so I think you sometimes see his impulsive verbal reactions and distracted trains of thought.

by Anonymousreply 170March 11, 2020 5:28 PM

I can't stand Courtney Act and I can see why Rupaul doesn't like him either. He thinks he's superior just because he's "pansexual" and bragged about how he apparently got drunk, straight men into bed while in drag. He's pretty gross, and predatory.

by Anonymousreply 171March 11, 2020 5:35 PM

R167 Maybe successful wasn't the right word. I think success can be defined in lots of different ways. There are very successful drag queens who were never on RPDR but they are revered in the drag world (Lady Bunny, Jackie Beat etc). Drag Race gives queens a mainstream audience and gives them popularity on social media and a chance to capitalize on fame and fortune. Those that have been able to do that the most are the winners (Bianca, Alaska, Trixie, Jinkx etc), fan favorites (Adore Delano, Katya, Alyssa Edwards etc), and a few of the more controversial ones (Sharon, Willam). Each season seems to lead to more success - easier for the newer winners / fan favorites to get more social media followers quickly. Getting a show on WoW Presents helps them too. Those from the first few seasons have had to work a lot harder but some have done pretty well. There are also some who have been more successful in a niche area like the celebrity impersonators (Derrick and Chad) or who are just names in the game (Detox, Kim Chi, Latrice, Raja, Raven etc). There was a magazine that did an article ranking them all but the queens were pretty vocal about hating being ranked against each other as there was no real criteria used.

by Anonymousreply 172March 11, 2020 5:44 PM

A lot of them brag about tricking straight men into bed when dressed in drag (that’s why looking “fishy” is so important to them). The fact they’re all tuning on Sherry Pie is more them trying to absolve their own shortcomings.

by Anonymousreply 173March 11, 2020 5:44 PM

[quote]He thinks he's superior just because he's "pansexual"

When the queens start pontificating about their 'gender identities' or 'sexual labels', I immediately tune out.

by Anonymousreply 174March 11, 2020 5:46 PM

He's also a homophobe who blames gay men for everything, why am I not surprised: “We have such a rigid idea of what heterosexuality is and that’s problematic. We have such a rigid idea of what gay is and that’s also problematic.”

And just to add, he claims the had a threesome with two lesbians LOL like lesbians would want to go to bed with a bog eyed fugly freak in a cheap wig and dress. Ugh

by Anonymousreply 175March 11, 2020 5:58 PM

Jiggly Caliente used to brag about conning straight guys into sex. He’d convince drunk guys to fuck his “pussy” (his belly folds) and ass. Ha ha isn’t that funny!?!?

But Jiggly is a POC who later came out as Trans so he’s a hero while Courtney Act—someone who has no history of known sexual assault—is hated by the fans.

Drag Race fans are a pretty twisted bunch. They deserve each other.

by Anonymousreply 176March 12, 2020 12:12 AM

LOL...many queens get a lot of straight dick. And, not all of the straight guys are "dumb" or unaware it's a dude. Many don't care as long as they're getting great head.

And, a lot of times it's the Big Gals who snag the most dick.

by Anonymousreply 177March 12, 2020 1:20 AM

In Season 3, Stacy Layne Matthews told the other girls in the workroom that she had slept with straight guys who didn't know that she's male.

by Anonymousreply 178March 12, 2020 1:27 AM

Mathu and WIlliam are friends. Mathu shot all the photos for Willams's book. They remain good friends to this day.

by Anonymousreply 179March 12, 2020 2:14 AM

R178, Those were different times. So much has changed just in the past 2 years.

by Anonymousreply 180March 12, 2020 3:57 AM

If they're willing to fuck Stacey Lane Matthews they're probably not too fussy about things like gender, attractiveness or hygiene anyways.

by Anonymousreply 181March 12, 2020 6:39 AM

r181 you take that back Stacey Lane Matthews is a beautimous creature.

by Anonymousreply 182March 12, 2020 2:29 PM

Shes a creature all right.

by Anonymousreply 183March 12, 2020 9:43 PM

Form a line! There's enough of Stacey Lane's Mussy to go around!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 184March 12, 2020 9:55 PM

I don’t want to fuck a FUPA

by Anonymousreply 185March 12, 2020 10:04 PM

What people don't know is that Ru has been paying all of Mathu's hospital/hospice bills. Mathu also been out of his mind for quite some time- lost his home, gave away things (like Ru's wigs) and was wandering homeless on the streets. So it's possible that Ru didn't want to see the man who is a shadow of himself. I don't know if Mathu is still alive.

by Anonymousreply 186March 13, 2020 6:06 AM

^Bullshit. Rupaul doesn't care about anyone but himself and he's famously cheap. Long before Drag Race fame he was hated in clubs around North America for the tacky money grabbing way he handled his business. In the 1990s his name was dirt. He's never done a thing for any cause or charity. He's made speeches for LGBT organizations and pride festivals, but never without a big $ cheque. He's not a nice or caring or warm guy. Everyone knows this. His meltdowns and freeze outs are infamous. He is unlikely to place a phone call to a dying friend, never mind pay for their care.

by Anonymousreply 187March 13, 2020 6:21 AM

R187 Hi PhiPhi.

by Anonymousreply 188March 13, 2020 5:59 PM

RuPaul really is a cunt. I mean, you do have to be pretty ruthless to climb the ladder of success, especially in the entertainment world but...even by Neely O'Hara/Helen Lawson standards, Ru is right up there despite all the "you gotta love yourself" mantras she preaches.

by Anonymousreply 189March 13, 2020 9:00 PM

The story about Ru seeing a man drowning, running towards a phone only to then realize it would be best to pray for his wellbeing is one of the most SELFLESS things he ever did people!!

by Anonymousreply 190March 13, 2020 9:40 PM

Does anyone have a link to these wild claims or is this site now Yahoo gays?

by Anonymousreply 191March 13, 2020 10:36 PM

why don't we have a thread for mathu andersen / willam / ru gossip

by Anonymousreply 192March 13, 2020 10:52 PM

I’m guessing no.

by Anonymousreply 193March 13, 2020 10:59 PM

People HATE ru because he is an out gay man who beat all the traps and cut off all the trash that would have held him back.

by Anonymousreply 194March 13, 2020 11:00 PM

These editors have been working around the clock! The difference between the premiere and this ep is dramatic, Sherry Pie has been cut to a bare minimum in these first 15 minutes.

by Anonymousreply 195March 14, 2020 12:15 AM

R195 - let them do coronavirus tests

by Anonymousreply 196March 14, 2020 12:28 AM

Man after an exciting start, this episode had a challenge that was painful to sit through and a lackluster lip synch.

by Anonymousreply 197March 14, 2020 1:29 AM

The only winner of the ep is the editors, who in one week took an episode that Sherry won so naturally would have dominated screentime in the original version, and completely recut it.

by Anonymousreply 198March 14, 2020 1:32 AM

Stop it with the editor's bullshit. Heidi and Sherry were the clear winners to anyone watching. I like the way VH1 is handling this. Just a disclaimer at the end and a donation to the Trevor project. Sherry is very talented (and very homely) He may be the most talented stage performer the show has seen. They may cut a comment or two, but they aren't hiding his accomplishments and great performance skills. This makes his actions AND all the revenue he is going to lose from NEVER becoming a Ru Girl all the more painful punishment. If WoW were still in charge of the show's production and previous cheap ass budget, it would be handled with much more obvious fuckery. They're doing it right. Sherry Pie fucked himself.

by Anonymousreply 199March 14, 2020 1:43 AM

Dahlia was preoccupied with being beautiful and was eliminated for it. Which isn't surprising, as I was getting Kimora Blac vibes from her last week and figured that she'd be an early exit.

Good thing they didn't do eliminations in the first two weeks, as had Heidi gone home in week 1, she wouldn't have had the opportunity to shine this week.

Crystal's runway sob story.... 🙄. So glad that the judges are already clocking her discount Trixie face.

by Anonymousreply 200March 14, 2020 3:15 AM

Dahlia was such a cute boy though. Literally. But a very stupid drag queen. Where's his twin brother at?

by Anonymousreply 201March 14, 2020 3:55 AM

Brita and Aiden are already getting on my nerves.

by Anonymousreply 202March 14, 2020 5:18 AM

Thank god the Aja clone is gone. So dull.

by Anonymousreply 203March 14, 2020 5:27 AM

Does Mathu have neuro complications from an illness? Is he still alive? I always found him cool and stylish and was saddened that he got ill.

by Anonymousreply 204March 14, 2020 6:27 AM

The episode on the UK netflix isn't edited, and there's only about 3-4 sherry pie confessionals that they edited out (all just bitching about how shit Aiden is). The improv challenge edit is pretty much the same, so it makes her win seem even stranger.

by Anonymousreply 205March 14, 2020 9:35 AM

Actually, I think Sherry is very talented. She is a stock bar comedy queen who knows how to pull the faces. Too bad she messed up as I think she could have won. Dick will getcha all the time!

by Anonymousreply 206March 14, 2020 12:51 PM

Not a big fan of Aiden, but it was pretty shitty the way that Brita and Sherry did a mean-girl gang-up to tell her what a bad leader she was for their group. As if those two loudmouth hags would sit still for anyone telling them what to do. Thought Aiden handled those big personalities pretty well. Speaking of Brita, how did she get such a big head? She's not pretty, she's not funny, and has some of the most aggressive veneers I've ever seen. Her only skill seems to be obnoxious.

by Anonymousreply 207March 14, 2020 1:08 PM

I hope Aiden does Betty Davis in Snatch Game if he makes it that far. He's a dead ringer.

by Anonymousreply 208March 14, 2020 1:19 PM

WOW. That episode editing was CRAZY! Did Sherry Pie have one moment of talking head? He was heavily featured in the first episode. He was barely in it except for the challenge, and every reaction moment he had was rude and unpleasant. Even on the runway they tried to make him look as bad as possible including his bitch faced reactions to the judges. And then he wins! Are they really going to do this to the whole season? I found the whole thing really disturbing and sad, and it really does lend some credence to how editors can make contestants look bad. It’s clear he’s going far, are they going to ruin the whole season because of this?

by Anonymousreply 209March 14, 2020 1:48 PM

It'd be smart for the evicted queen to team up with her twin brother to put together a killer twin drag act since that's unique and if done right, could be a smash hit. But the dumb queen doesn't want to share so off she goes, back into obscurity.

If GG is a good(e) performer, she could rule the world.

That awful clown runway (Widow) deserved a boot out the door.

by Anonymousreply 210March 14, 2020 1:53 PM

Are we just going to ignore Olivia Munn as guest judge? Her name had been a subject on here for years due to DL fave Aaron Rodgers association. This was the first time I had seen Olivia on anything. She was boring. No wonder Aaron ran right into Harry Style's arms!

by Anonymousreply 211March 14, 2020 2:16 PM

I like Olivia and thought she was charming. She was very sweet and genuinely seemed to care what happened to the queens and enjoyed being there. She had a couple of insightful things to say.

by Anonymousreply 212March 14, 2020 2:59 PM

I still have no idea what an Olivia Munn is other than Aaron's beard.

All those skits were terrible. The only one that made me giggle once was the last one, so I don't see why that team/Sherry winning is so controversial. We didn't see why specifically she won but I'm guessing they edited it out some. Her outfit was cool and unexpected.

by Anonymousreply 213March 14, 2020 4:05 PM

There's always a lot to bitch about but there are at least six queens who could win this season. Jaida, Sherry, Gigi, Jan, Widow, and my favorite Heidi Ho. Even Brita is a likely top 4. Rock M and the French Doll are not long for the show. Aiden is hideous with bad Goodwill drag, but he's a interesting performer and fun to watch. He's not leaving for a while. I don't like Crystal Meythod too much, but Ru does and that'll keep him around.

by Anonymousreply 214March 14, 2020 4:12 PM

All of those skits were painfully unfunny..... Ayden is a PILL - a big horse PILL.

I'm ready for Jada to go. Everyone else is still shaking out for me. I like Jan and Heidi......

by Anonymousreply 215March 14, 2020 4:12 PM

Brita was in another reality show but it was so boring I can't remember it. In the shoe she was weak and insecure as I remember. Why is she such an arrogant cunt. Ridic!

by Anonymousreply 216March 14, 2020 4:24 PM

I think that "Heidi Goodbyedi" is a great drag name

by Anonymousreply 217March 14, 2020 5:01 PM

I knew a real woman named Heidi Ho.

by Anonymousreply 218March 14, 2020 5:36 PM

^come to think of it, she spelled it Hoe. But still.

by Anonymousreply 219March 14, 2020 5:37 PM

God, Rock M and her neediness is exhausting just through the TV. Can't imagine dealing with her in person.

by Anonymousreply 220March 14, 2020 7:01 PM

I predict that by the end of this season Sherry Pie will be an unironic legend and rise like a Phoenix.

Normally I wouldn’t care about some dumpy hagdrag doing a good version of Mimi Imfurst, but the disclaimer and drama of it all makes me watch her more intently. If I didn’t read it from you all here, I wouldn’t have even realized she was edited down. People won’t care about it by the end and she’ll be redeemed. If she’s savvy enough she could even land the right breaks.

Called that boring ho going home. I actually laughed at that first skit a lot, even though I know Jackie Cox is going to underwhelm me as she cruises through the season.

Gigi Goode looked fucking stunning on the runway.

by Anonymousreply 221March 14, 2020 7:15 PM

I agree r220. I want to like Rock, but she came in strong with the sob story and emotional neediness right off the bat.

by Anonymousreply 222March 14, 2020 7:22 PM

I have to say that most of drag queens are very very ugly and masculine looking compared to those in Asia. Black and white drag queens are the ugliest due to their big boned build, naturally hairy body and manly face. Just ew

by Anonymousreply 223March 14, 2020 7:30 PM

I guess I'm the only one who likes the name Heidi N Closet. I like Aiden but I need her to improve from Dollar Store drag.

Rock M should have won for keeping up her puns.

The lip-sync was terrible. I am shocked Dahlia can't dance being from Haus of Aja.

by Anonymousreply 224March 14, 2020 7:55 PM

Rock M is in good shape.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 225March 14, 2020 8:10 PM

Boy Rock is cute!!!

Humpy thighs.

by Anonymousreply 226March 14, 2020 8:40 PM

She can throw her legs higher than any of the others.....and wider......

by Anonymousreply 227March 14, 2020 8:56 PM

Bob ain't no one to criticize fashion and makeup looks. We remember your one pair of black tights and sequin jacket bitch. No base or contour, just red lipstick and blue eyeshadow. Now Bob's a millionaire and he's got a better wig this week. Bigger is better with Bob's ugly man head. Wacky Thorgy is there too and she still did a good Stevie NIcks IMO. The Pit Stop. No Sherry Pie on the runway.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 228March 14, 2020 9:36 PM

Bob the Drag Queen has NO business critiquing ANYONE's drag appearance.

Or, talent for that matter.

by Anonymousreply 229March 14, 2020 9:47 PM

Rock M ass

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 230March 14, 2020 9:59 PM

The thirst is strong in Rock M Sakura.

by Anonymousreply 231March 14, 2020 10:21 PM

Rock M just needs a dick in his ass and mouth.

by Anonymousreply 232March 14, 2020 11:18 PM

That challenge was beyond stupid.

I didn’t pay attention, it was so cringeworthy.

by Anonymousreply 233March 15, 2020 6:05 AM

I realize that RuPaul probably never cared but it's still disrespectful for him to mispronounce the name Rock M. Sakura over and over. The name is part of the brand and RuPaul is fucking that up because....who knows why. Laziness, probably, It's a shitty thing to do.

My advice to Sherry Pie would be to go back to school and learn a trade like accounting or automotive repair and just put all of this dress up stuff and performing onstage in the past. It was fun while it lasted but it ended and it ain't ever gonna start again. Maybe start dating girls, too.

by Anonymousreply 234March 15, 2020 1:49 PM

Fucking hell.... it is BettE Davis, child.

by Anonymousreply 235March 15, 2020 2:03 PM

Aidan was clearly born a girl. Are they waiting for the big reveal later on in the season?

by Anonymousreply 236March 15, 2020 4:06 PM

I've been thinking the same thing, R236. Ever since her entrance.

Remember, the Twitterverse was [bold]enraged[/bold] at RuPaul a couple years back, when he stated in an interview that biological women shouldn't be on Drag Race. This could be his and the show's way to "make amends".

by Anonymousreply 237March 15, 2020 4:27 PM

Rock M bulge was HUGE in the tight shorts in this last episode.

by Anonymousreply 238March 15, 2020 4:43 PM

All the international distribution sites had the unedited versions with quite a bit more Sherry Pie content. It is interesting that depending on where you live, you will see two very different shows.

by Anonymousreply 239March 15, 2020 9:17 PM

Most people who rise to the top like Ru are fairly ruthless. When you are forging a path the way he did, you aren't going to get far if you are sweet and kind and accommodating. You have to be willing to just put blinders on, step on people on your way up and fight your way to the top. Even though this is the approach Ru took to get there, he has achieved a lot by making it. You leave a lot of bodies along the side of the road but you are the winner in the end. And winning brings awareness, recognition, and a platform.

by Anonymousreply 240March 15, 2020 9:20 PM

Aiden was showing a noticeably meaty tuck in her first episode, the judges even called her out for not tucking properly.

Hate to blow your conspiracy theories, but that's a man Maury.

by Anonymousreply 241March 15, 2020 9:22 PM

Widow's clown runway look was like John Wayne Gacy doing a minstrel show

by Anonymousreply 242March 15, 2020 10:31 PM

Yes, it was ugly.

by Anonymousreply 243March 15, 2020 11:10 PM

I don't like the term "meaty tuck." It bothers me.

by Anonymousreply 244March 15, 2020 11:32 PM

Aiden looks like Rose McGowan.

by Anonymousreply 245March 15, 2020 11:51 PM

LOL R245. That's exactly it!! Rose has a meaty tuck too.

by Anonymousreply 246March 15, 2020 11:55 PM

Aiden is a tranny called it first episode

by Anonymousreply 247March 15, 2020 11:59 PM

Rock M might be the hottest contestant ever on Drag Race. He is more than fuckable.

by Anonymousreply 248March 16, 2020 12:01 AM

Rock M is Asian....are we sure that his pants aren't stuffed? He's certainly thirsty enough to do something like that. Just sayin.

by Anonymousreply 249March 16, 2020 12:04 AM

[quote]Aiden was showing a noticeably meaty tuck in her first episode, the judges even called her out for not tucking properly.

Being noticed for a 'meaty tuck' would be extremely validating for a FTM.

by Anonymousreply 250March 16, 2020 1:03 AM

Exactly!

by Anonymousreply 251March 16, 2020 1:20 AM

Ru did ask Aiden if he knew he had a meaty tuck and he said yes. Ru said he needed to work on that.

by Anonymousreply 252March 16, 2020 1:29 AM

Courtney Act was called out for her meaty tuck too. Hmm.

by Anonymousreply 253March 16, 2020 1:34 AM

Rock M is hot until his mouth opens and some neediness falls out.

by Anonymousreply 254March 16, 2020 2:14 AM

I'll be very disappointed if Ayden is in the bottom 2 and sobs "I'm trans!!!!!" on the runway. That would be just far too much, even for this show.

by Anonymousreply 255March 16, 2020 1:23 PM

Sox and the fake tears are a bit over the top.

by Anonymousreply 256March 16, 2020 2:09 PM

R255 Expect it.

by Anonymousreply 257March 16, 2020 8:44 PM

Is there any info or dirt on Aiden? If he was trans wouldn't Reddit already have info on him?

by Anonymousreply 258March 16, 2020 9:14 PM

R258 Lots is speculation.

by Anonymousreply 259March 16, 2020 10:10 PM

Why do we even care about Aiden? The list of trans contestants is long now. Aiden has the worst drag I've ever seen on the show in terms of quality of the garments. I can see pilling and moth holes and mold and torn tights on that catastrophe. She must be trans because she looks like shit and they're afraid to say so. Dude has two wigs and a 40 dollar bag of thrift store clothes. And those choices weren't good. He puts it together a bit better.

Aiden, Rock M, Nicky Doll and Methyl Hydrate will all leave soon, in some order not spoken here. Brita might make an early exit, but I don't think she's gone...

Jan, Gigi, Sherry Pie, Heidi Nina Closet, Jaiden Essence Hall and the handsome persian guy with a beard will be the last ones standing.

by Anonymousreply 260March 17, 2020 2:05 AM

R260 I like seeing a contestant on a budget. If they are all in clothes that cost $1,000s made for them by others, it can get a little dull. Mind you he is REALLY on a tight budget.

by Anonymousreply 261March 17, 2020 8:38 AM

[quote]it's still disrespectful for him to mispronounce the name Rock M. Sakura over and over.

At least he's pretending it's not a stupid name.

by Anonymousreply 262March 17, 2020 10:40 AM

I want to see Rock M in porn. Yummy!

by Anonymousreply 263March 17, 2020 4:24 PM

RuPaul caught Fracking. He's such a greedy bitch.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 264March 17, 2020 7:51 PM

R264 Now this may cancel him.

by Anonymousreply 265March 17, 2020 8:17 PM

Aiden looks like an inbred incel.

by Anonymousreply 266March 18, 2020 6:15 AM

R190 I love how people think that actually happened

by Anonymousreply 267March 18, 2020 11:22 AM

I'm bored with this season already. To me, seasons 4, 5 and 6 are the best; the rest... meh!

I'm catching up on S11 on Netflix and cannot cannot cannot stand Silky Fat Fuck Chocolate. Every time she opens her mouth when she's on screen I want to projectile vomit. She's disgusting and such an attention whore.

by Anonymousreply 268March 19, 2020 11:00 PM

Silky was a fun contestant if you imagine she is Rachel Dolezal while you watch!

by Anonymousreply 269March 19, 2020 11:09 PM

^ She looks like she ate Rachel Dolezal.

by Anonymousreply 270March 19, 2020 11:29 PM

I think it's sweet that somehow Aiden made it on the show. He's a kitchen prep worker at a Waffle House in some podunk town far from any urban area, right? What an exotic weirdo to come out of such a place.

by Anonymousreply 271March 20, 2020 12:20 AM

Whose stupid idea was it to base a show on putting on the WORST act ever. And poor Charo, didn't know how to react. And also, Charo wasn't even fucking introduced! Why can't Charo be a proper guest judge, anyway?

by Anonymousreply 272March 20, 2020 12:22 AM

R273 Exotic? She is so been done before in everyway, except her endless insecurities, as she is a fucking lady.

by Anonymousreply 273March 20, 2020 12:27 AM

R271 he's an hour north of Atlanta on Lake Lanier, he could have been performing in Atlanta.

by Anonymousreply 274March 20, 2020 12:51 AM

I thought his felt? jumpsuit was truly surreal and horrific. The one that went down and covered his bizarre pumps. He's an odd bird.

by Anonymousreply 275March 20, 2020 12:56 AM

Yeah Aiden is puzzeling. He must have some story - FTM maybe??

by Anonymousreply 276March 20, 2020 1:05 AM

R274, Acworth is about an hour away from Lake Lanier.

by Anonymousreply 277March 20, 2020 1:45 AM

As the cow flies......

by Anonymousreply 278March 20, 2020 3:27 PM

First I'll say that the ball was nice. Looks of fun looks, enjoyed that.

Second, and most importantly, WTF?! How on earth was Aiden safe?! That was one of the most confusing judging decisions I've seen on this show. It was a given Aiden was in the bottom. Those looks were awful.

by Anonymousreply 279March 21, 2020 1:32 AM

R279 They are keeping her for the big tranny reveal episode six.

by Anonymousreply 280March 21, 2020 1:34 AM

I don't even like Rock M, but that was total bullshit. It should have been Rock M and Aiden in the bottom two and without a doubt Aiden would have gone home. The on and on about that damn pineapple dress didn't convince any viewers that Brita belonged in the bottom. They are keeping Aiden for quirk appeal and maybe a gender reveal. I'm beginning to believe that. The episode was good and Gigi deserved the win. Heidi remains fucking delightful and Jan is not to be ignored. Nicky Doll can't even conceptualize having a personality. He sure is pretty though, for one more episode. Leslie Jones was every bit as delightful and wonderful and sweet and foul mouthed and real as I knew she would be. She's live tweeted practically every episode of Drag Race forever. She was living. Not a star judge - more like a friend and super fan. Rock M should not be gone. They wanted him gone though. That's why they fake judged that Brita was in the bottom against him. Fuckery.

by Anonymousreply 281March 21, 2020 2:10 AM

Wasn't Aiden in some controversy because she made a statement against trans queens competing in Drag Race? Really doubt she is trans if she believed in that, wouldn't it be kind of contradictory?

by Anonymousreply 282March 21, 2020 2:41 AM

She is not trans, it has just become a DL meme.

by Anonymousreply 283March 21, 2020 2:43 AM

Rock M was the cutest boy out of all of them but he doesn't have it. Not surprised at all.

Sherry is really no where. LOL!

by Anonymousreply 284March 21, 2020 2:53 AM

Sherry IS nowhere, but she is top 4. The other 3 have been named. No spoilers from me though.

by Anonymousreply 285March 21, 2020 2:58 AM

[quote]Leslie Jones was every bit as delightful and wonderful and sweet and foul mouthed and real as I knew she would be. She's live tweeted practically every episode of Drag Race forever. She was living. Not a star judge - more like a friend and super fan.

I love her enthusiasm for and excitement about the the show. They should make her a permanent judge.

by Anonymousreply 286March 21, 2020 2:58 AM

Leslie’s podcast with Ru and Michelle really made me respect her and understand how she ended up on SNL in such a green condition.

Heidi, Jan and Rock M are/were my favorite personalities. Gigi has the best style by a mile but I am still freaked out by her resemblance to Abby Huntsman. I know that’s weird, but c’est vrai.

I think Nicky is...overrated. Or there’s something I don’t love about her. But maybe she will grow on me. She just seems too cocky and reminds me somehow of Courtney Act and Derrick Barry. Both really grated my nerves.

by Anonymousreply 287March 21, 2020 3:10 AM

Gigi will win thanks to her Mom.

by Anonymousreply 288March 21, 2020 3:13 AM

Gigi is pretty fabulous. She was fantastic in I'm That Bitch and she performed really well as the dead queen in last week's terrible improvs. She's not just a look queen. Jan should do really well, she's multi talented and really cute. But there's something too conceptual about her for my liking. Heidi has all the talent and charm in the world but bad drag and makeup skills, it's too bad. I think I'm in the minority but my least favorite is Crystal Methyd. I don't see it or get it. He seems nice. A nice dude. I wouldn't worry about Nicky Doll going too far. I have no idea when she leaves, but I bet it's very soon.

by Anonymousreply 289March 21, 2020 3:21 AM

I guess I am alone in thinking 36 outfits on the runway made for a tedious episode.

by Anonymousreply 290March 21, 2020 3:33 AM

This season's queens are incrementally starting to irritate me as the episodes go on. None of them are outright annoying, but my god, they all annoy me in one way or another. I think that maybe Jaida is the most tolerable queen. Heidi is ok as well.

I've had enough of Aiden, Brita, Jan, etc. I can't BEAR to look at Crystal's fucking ironic mullet.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 291March 21, 2020 4:11 AM

You can always enjoy The Vixens onlyfans page R291!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 292March 21, 2020 4:50 AM

I'm bummed that Sherry is a pervy, devious sex pest because even with all of the strategic editing to ghost her from the season, she's still clearly one of the top queens this season. Leslie Jones has got to be one of the best guest judges this show has had. Her enthusiasm is genuine and infectious. More of her please.

by Anonymousreply 293March 21, 2020 4:54 AM

Leslie was also an unusually enthusiastic judge on Project Runway.

by Anonymousreply 294March 21, 2020 5:57 AM

I completely forget who Crystal is in drag. I never remember the guy behind the make-up.

He looks like a skinny Weird Al.

Gigi will win. Although I do like Jan.

by Anonymousreply 295March 21, 2020 7:12 AM

I love that Leslie is getting love here. She was hated for so long on SNL by people here because she flubbed lines a lot. But she is is funny. She has charisma, uniqueness, nerve and talent, and she’s just so damned likable and upbeat. I have come to think she’s pretty wonderful. Especially at such a bleak time.

by Anonymousreply 296March 21, 2020 11:52 AM

Oh as a reminder: We have Leslie to thank for ultimately getting Milo banned from Twitter! She is kind of a national hero.

by Anonymousreply 297March 21, 2020 11:53 AM

If there is anyone with first-hand experience regarding the transformative power of makeup and fake hair, it is Leslie Jones.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 298March 21, 2020 1:15 PM

Leslie Jones was terrific! It's always nice to see someone who loves the show and knows what she's talking about.....

Aiden is a slow drip - the delusion is real. He reminds me of Hardy Har Har....which most of you won't even remember.....

Crystal is also annoying. Widow is right up there with her - and is a stealth hater. She is shady.

I hate the "Trixie" style makeup that's used by some of the queens. It's always bizarre and inappropriate to a fashion challenge. What the hell did Sherry's forest fuck up have to do with balls?

Can go home for me: Crystal, Brita, Jaida, Widow. Want to see more of: Heidi, Jan, Gigi....

by Anonymousreply 299March 21, 2020 2:27 PM

I hate Leslie Jones. She’s so extra and obnox. ANYWAY

Them editing Sherry out of the season is just stupid. I want to see what gets her to F4. Just DQ her at the end or negative edit her if you must, but cutting her out is just lame.

Nicky was my favorite ball of the week. And I called Aiden being safe which will infuriate the other girls and audience. 🥰

Brita sucks and if Rock didn’t completely shit the bed in that lip sync she should have gone home. Her looks all all boring and shit and she’s too OTT. I’d love a Poly Queen to go far, but she’s just blah and doubt she will bring anything more to the season.

by Anonymousreply 300March 21, 2020 4:39 PM

I adore Nicky.

by Anonymousreply 301March 21, 2020 4:56 PM

I'd love for a NYer to weigh in on what makes Brita so popular there, because I don't see it. Her looks are all haphazard and she is simply not funny.

by Anonymousreply 302March 21, 2020 5:01 PM

^ See also Monet XChange, Bob The Drag Queen and Thorgy Thor. Stars of NYC.

by Anonymousreply 303March 21, 2020 5:07 PM

R292 I'll pass on that.

I reflected more on why I find almost all the queens on this season irritating, I think it has more to do with the show than the actual girls. I'm tired of the archetypes they cast each season: the "big girl," the "alternative" queen, pageant queen, camp/comedy queen, Insta queen, etc. It's gotten very boring!!

by Anonymousreply 304March 21, 2020 5:11 PM

Feel bad for Rock M because she should have sent Aiden home and still be around. They're keeping Aiden for a reason.... and if it's for a big gender reveal (which I predicted upthread) that they want to save for later, I don't know what to think. You can do that without sacrificing other queens for it.

[quote]I think I'm in the minority but my least favorite is Crystal Methyd.

She's my least favorite too, aside from Aiden. Before the episode started, she was my choice to go home next, but to her credit she came through for the challenge (and didn't do the discount Trixie face!). She's not going to last long, though.

[quote]I guess I am alone in thinking 36 outfits on the runway made for a tedious episode.

You know what? You're right. With that many queens, I'd have been fine with two looks per girl.

I had made the joke to friends that Rock M was the drag love child of Trixie and Kim Chi, and then she pretty much said the same thing this week.

by Anonymousreply 305March 21, 2020 5:24 PM

C'mon. Rock M wasn't going to last long. She lacks the emotional backbone for competition, and eventually her "sisters" were going to tire of having to constantly give her pep talks.

by Anonymousreply 306March 21, 2020 5:34 PM

Rock M was an insecure mess on Whatcha Packin' too. There's something wrong with him. BUT, he didn't deserve to go home this week. Every other comment on the internet wonders why Aiden is still there.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 307March 21, 2020 5:41 PM

Sure r306, but what does that have to do with Aiden obviously should have been in the bottom 2?

by Anonymousreply 308March 21, 2020 5:45 PM

Does it really matter if Rock M goes home this week or next? I get he's cute and you want to fuck him, but he was never going to make it to the final. Neither is Aiden.

by Anonymousreply 309March 21, 2020 5:50 PM

I don't think anyone actually expected Rock M to be making the finals or anywhere close to it, if that's what you got from my post.

Just wondering why they're keeping Aiden around is all. Season 11 was full of fuckery with the choices on who lip synched and who went home, so I'm really hoping to not see a repeat of that.

by Anonymousreply 310March 21, 2020 5:54 PM

I don't watch this show to try and diagnose each contestant. That said, RockM needs some therapy. It's one thing to have a conversation about depression and another to try and turn it into a punchline. Michelle had to really reign him in during whatcha packing. I wish we could have seen the "snow sleeves" dress in motion.

It's so weird how Sherry is being deleted from the show so aggressively. If she's going to the end and winning on a regular basis, be honest about that and the fact that you liked her and leave her in enough of the show so she feels part of the narrative. I get that the network can't be seen giving a possible sex offender a platform....but this attempt to erase her is swinging too far in the other direction. Can't they leave her in without glorifying her?

I am happy more screentime is going to the other competitors though.

For those wondering why the network bothered to say Sherry is disqualified - I think it's not purely because she possibly goes far. They have to cut her out of press conferences and the post-season tour as well.

I like Ayden's make-up. I do think she'll be eliminated soon, but she is rather different from the other gals, so I like her.

Leslie Jones is gunning for a game show host job, and making a very compelling case.

by Anonymousreply 311March 21, 2020 5:59 PM

For what it's worth, I'm not sure how Aiden made it on the show to begin with. His drag is rough. I do like his kind of 40s/Betty Page aesthetic, but he hasn't really thought it out and needs a lot more seasoning.

by Anonymousreply 312March 21, 2020 5:59 PM

Leslie Jones is another beautiful human being.

Even though she is famous, she still acts like a person who is an enthusiastic fan for these shows.

It’s good to see her freak out because it makes it okay for us to have such strong reactions as well.

by Anonymousreply 313March 21, 2020 6:31 PM

R313 I have never had a reaction like hers during the lip syncs. I mean, they strut around and (surprise!!) drop with split legs on a big beat. Every single time. There’s rarely anything to get excited about. I do appreciate her enthusiasm. It was the best part of the show. She is an entertainer.

by Anonymousreply 314March 21, 2020 6:38 PM

When I first saw Aiden as a boy I thought he looked a lot like one of the lesbian Scientologists I used to see at the Wendy’s on Vermont and Fountain.

by Anonymousreply 315March 21, 2020 6:39 PM

Ayden was safe because he's demonstrated a personality and a clean look. RockM demonstrated insecurity and a messy look...

by Anonymousreply 316March 21, 2020 6:42 PM

Can someone post Vixen's COCK pic? Thanks, dolls.

by Anonymousreply 317March 21, 2020 6:42 PM

Aiden is still around, and will continue to be around, because Ru loves an underdog.

by Anonymousreply 318March 21, 2020 6:51 PM

R318 She is definitely a dog.

by Anonymousreply 319March 21, 2020 7:24 PM

I don’t like everyone ganging up on Aiden. He is unpolished and whiny, but so far I am with the judges. He’s more interesting than and stands out among most of the others. The nastiness directed toward him makes me more invested in him as an underdog. Sorry, but that’s the way it is for me. His looks and performances have been standouts among the majority.

I liked Rock M’s presence. I found him endearing. I am kind of sad to see him go, but the end performance wasn’t good. At least as far as what I tend to prefer. He did gymnastics and showed a lot of athleticism. If the end challenge were described as something other than a lip sync then I would say he put the most work into it, but the splits and the gymnastics in my mind are not lip syncing and even after all these seasons, I can’t wrap my brain around this show’s “best lip sync = most splits” formula. Makes no sense to me.

by Anonymousreply 320March 21, 2020 7:34 PM

R320 You like Aiden? Your taste is shit, but you do you.

by Anonymousreply 321March 21, 2020 7:38 PM

Splits suck. So desperate.

by Anonymousreply 322March 21, 2020 7:38 PM

It's not personal, but the challenge was to construct a runway look and she sloppily glue some shit to a corset, put on a pair a panties, and then took a nap.

It was far too simple and low effort for the challenge, and normally would land a contestant in a bottom two. So obviously the audience is confused why she wasn't in the bottom two.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 323March 21, 2020 7:43 PM

Because Brita's third runway look was even worse.

by Anonymousreply 324March 21, 2020 7:47 PM

Not true. Brita's third look was ugly, but it took work and was well made. They didn't put Aiden in the bottom two, because she has no performance skills. Like how they protected Pearl and a few others that escape me right now. Ru digs Aiden's vibe. It's not like Violet hasn't already given us Betty Page Perfected. Raven did too.

by Anonymousreply 325March 21, 2020 7:57 PM

Funny that Crystals makeup is being slammed for not being realistic enough. Now all drag queens try to look like hot white 20 year old girls. I hate that cause most queens with very realistic makeup rarely have any actual talent other than cat fishing straight guys.

Brita is like a less talented Alexis Michelle.

Aiden should’ve gone but is being kept to antagonize he other girls. I give her two more episodes max.

Heidi is the clear front runner.... for All Stars.

Gigi is good but reminds me a bit too much of past few winners.

Part of me feels this season really would’ve crowned Sherry had the scandal not ruined her chances.

by Anonymousreply 326March 21, 2020 8:03 PM

Except for her first look, the rest of Brita's looks were fug and cheap looking.

by Anonymousreply 327March 21, 2020 8:04 PM

We can all stop arguing. No one here is stanning Brita or Rock M. But some producer manipulation is going on, as it does. Y'all might be surprised by who DOESN'T make it to the final four.

by Anonymousreply 328March 21, 2020 8:08 PM

Splits are only effective is used sparingly. Quite sparingly.

by Anonymousreply 329March 21, 2020 8:16 PM

Rock M did the SAME stunt/splits at least three times in the lip synch......save it for the end, girl.....don't repeat yourself.....or you'll go home....

by Anonymousreply 330March 21, 2020 8:18 PM

R329 It’s only surprising now when they *don’t* do splits. It’s seriously the only tension of any episode...will one of the two losers dare not do splits??!

by Anonymousreply 331March 21, 2020 8:18 PM

The point is that Brita should not have been in the bottom two and that Rock M would most certainly done better than Aiden in a LSFYL. The fact that Dahlia and Rock M are the first to leave speaks to the overall competitive quality of this year's queens. Except for Aiden - who makes Serena Cha Cha look like a winner.

by Anonymousreply 332March 21, 2020 8:26 PM

Holy shit - the vixen is hung

by Anonymousreply 333March 21, 2020 9:24 PM

R311 I agree about Sherry. Use it as an opportunity to show people aren’t always what they seem. Don’t cut her out of it completely. It is very obvious in the talking heads that they have swapped her out for others after the first episode where she featured heavily.

by Anonymousreply 334March 21, 2020 10:06 PM

Ugggh why did they keep Aiden?

by Anonymousreply 335March 21, 2020 10:32 PM

Leslie Jones is a shrieking attention whore. Her screaming during the runway ruined that part of the show for me. OH LESLIE TELL US MORE HOW YOU REALLY FEEL!!!!!'

Lots and lots of filler queens this season. It's funny that Sherry Pie, who is apparently a killer queen, is getting edited out while snoozers like Aiden and Widow are getting so much airtime. Can we just skip to the final showdown between Gigi and Nicky, crown the winner, and move on to All Stars?

Speaking of All Stars, now that the show has given the crown to an AA queen, are they back to being comfortable giving the crown to a White queen? Or is Drag Race still too white for reddit?

by Anonymousreply 336March 21, 2020 11:42 PM

Gigi did very well this week. I'm glad she didn't wear any of her helmets. Ugh. But I can't seem to get out of my head that it's not Parker Posey! I admit I want Ayden to survive till snatch game so she can do Bette Davis, (Just my little fantasy.) as I'm sure she doesn't even know who that is. Favorite is definitly Heidi. Even when her make-up isn't good, she still looks pretty. I think they should have a mini challenge to choose a new name for her. And I'm very happy they are showing less of Sherry. I found her obnoxious from her first episode. Top four for me would be Heidi, Jada, Jan and Gigi.

by Anonymousreply 337March 21, 2020 11:46 PM

I hope Jackie Cox brought some outfits that aren't early 60's Valley of the Dolls costumes.

by Anonymousreply 338March 21, 2020 11:49 PM

Jackie's nose job is TRAGIC

by Anonymousreply 339March 21, 2020 11:50 PM

These drag queens are so ugly and manly looking. They look like abnormal creatures

by Anonymousreply 340March 21, 2020 11:50 PM

Jackie has a huge nose. I don't see a nose job. And Nicky doesn't make it to the final four, racist @336.

by Anonymousreply 341March 21, 2020 11:59 PM

I am fine they are cutting as much as Sherry as possible. He is a total creep. I did not enjoy the feeling of him on Ep 1. Also, there is no need for him to get any publicity and empathy. He had a revolting reaction to the reveal of his behavior. I am sad that some rich person doesn't give one of his exfriends some money to make a good lawsuit against Sherry and really make him pay, and ruin him. I believe people like this are dangerous and should exposed, and punished, and know that they can't get away with such behavior.

by Anonymousreply 342March 22, 2020 12:20 AM

As for the queens, Heidi is endlessly amusing and charming.

by Anonymousreply 343March 22, 2020 12:21 AM

Leslie Jones is great. She was having so much fun! Great guest judge. She was into it.

I don't like them ganging up on Aiden but maybe he doesn't really have the personality for this. He's naturally kind of guarded. They obviously kept him for the conflict. I was surprised they got rid of Rock M. They must be seeing more long haul depth in Brita? I don't know!

by Anonymousreply 344March 22, 2020 12:26 AM

This may pre-date most DLers, but Aiden reminds me of Betty Boop. I'd hazard a guess RuPaul feels the same way. Betty Boop was a cultural icon in her time. That's why I think she will be around for a while.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 345March 22, 2020 12:35 AM

Betty Boop deserves better, R345.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 346March 22, 2020 12:38 AM

Something is up because Michelle read Crystal for the same makeup but no one says Aiden why do you look like a corpse every look is the same? Even Sharon Needles had different makeup.

by Anonymousreply 347March 22, 2020 1:28 AM

Aiden will make it to the final.

by Anonymousreply 348March 22, 2020 1:35 AM

r342 is a frau.

by Anonymousreply 349March 22, 2020 2:26 AM

wrong, I am a gay guy in my 50s and I hate people like Sherry. And so should you. Narcissists, histrionics, and sociopaths. They hurt a lot of people and just carry on.

by Anonymousreply 350March 22, 2020 2:29 AM

Aiden reminds me of Shirley Manson.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 351March 22, 2020 2:51 AM

Rock M was an annoying, crying mess who has nothing but fart jokes and tears.

But, that being said, I an sure she had more potential than Aiden.

by Anonymousreply 352March 22, 2020 7:16 AM

R351 As in they both have cunts?

by Anonymousreply 353March 22, 2020 8:39 AM

They should split the contestants into a team of acrobats and a team of people who can perform with emotion. We’d soon see how uninteresting basic gymnastics really are.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 354March 22, 2020 12:54 PM

Gigi looks exactly like the Jessica Biel character on Bojack Horseman. It’s weird.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 355March 22, 2020 12:59 PM

I'm sure that at some point we'll see Gigi's mother onscreen. I have a very specific image in my head of what she looks like so I wonder how close I am to the real thing.

by Anonymousreply 356March 22, 2020 1:35 PM

The American Film Institute ranked the top 50 (25 men, 25 women) screen legends in Hollywood history.

Joan clocks in at number 10. One is Katharine Hepburn, two is Bette Davis. Faye is nowhere near the radar.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 357March 22, 2020 1:50 PM

r357 da fuq?

by Anonymousreply 358March 22, 2020 2:00 PM

R358 I am laughing so hard. I don’t know how that post ended up here. It was meant for another thread. That uses to happen a lot to me when I posted from my phone but it has not happened in a while...

by Anonymousreply 359March 22, 2020 2:40 PM

Maybe this is the Betty Davis that Aiden is talking about.....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 360March 22, 2020 2:52 PM

[quote] I'm sure that at some point we'll see Gigi's mother onscreen. I have a very specific image in my head of what she looks like so I wonder how close I am to the real thing.

I'm picturing Missi Pyle

by Anonymousreply 361March 22, 2020 3:35 PM

Spoiler alert: This is Gigi’s mom.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 362March 22, 2020 3:37 PM

Well thanks to her IG, we all know what Gigi's outfits will be.

by Anonymousreply 363March 22, 2020 4:01 PM

[quote]Gigi is good but reminds me a bit too much of past few winners.Part of me feels this season really would’ve crowned

I suspect this season would have originally come down to Sherry and Gigi as the two front runners. Now it will probably be Gigi and Jaida.

by Anonymousreply 364March 22, 2020 4:12 PM

Gigi is vert Aquaria to me.

I like that the prettiest ones often have not won Drag Race. It’s not really about that. It seems like every season, viewers immediately predict the ones who look the most like models will win, and often they end up not having a lot to offer in the talent department.

by Anonymousreply 365March 22, 2020 4:18 PM

Gigi should start being called out for wearing the same silhouettes all the damn time. The deep plunge fitted blazer, jacket or coat. She did the equestrian one, the orange button one, the snakeskin coat look, the Heathers plaid with knee socks and how many more so far? Gigi's a thin bitch and the clothes are impeccable, but he didn't deserve the win this week. Nicky Doll and Jaiden both did better at the three look challenge. Heidi's golf look and basketball wife were great too. Jan is so butch. She's like a drag lesbian.

by Anonymousreply 366March 22, 2020 4:20 PM

Agree r365. Winners like Violet and Aquaria are thin fashionistas...but do you want to buy a ticket to watch them on stage? Gigi is in the same mold.

by Anonymousreply 367March 22, 2020 4:21 PM

At least Violet does fashion and burlesque.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 368March 22, 2020 4:28 PM

Gigi could do a good Vampira, but she probably has no idea who that is.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 369March 22, 2020 4:30 PM

I think Gigi might actually be the first likable Looks & Fashion queen in Drag Race history. The ones from other seasons were bitches.

by Anonymousreply 370March 22, 2020 8:15 PM

Miss Fame wasn't a bitch. Though he's full on strange now. Very much part of the high fashion world and with a less happy and more haughty look. His artistic presentation was impressive on DR, his performance and personality were not Drag. Now he's done cosmetic surgeries and he's a model. He was a happily married makeup artist who loved chickens and his grandpa before. Now he walks Paris runways, appears in all kinds of editorials and writes late night posts about being depressed and lonely. Obsessed with being perfect. He seems to have developed a number of disorders. These fashion queens who were 10 or 14 when Drag Race started are prone to eating and body dysmorphic disorders. That said, Gigi could win this season and it wouldn't be as wrong as Yvie Oddley or Sasha Velour. Gigi is talented at more than wearing clothes. (He's unnaturally thin though) We've already seen a good lip synch and performance skills from her. Her drag might become more elaborate, but doesn't need much of a glow up. A lot of money won't make her look better. She's doing fine right now. But put on a dress or a gown already. Be MORE pageanty, Gigi.

I enjoy Heidi, Jaida Essence Hall, the Widow and Jan much more. Just like Peppermint, Shangela, Eureka, Bendela, Trinity Taylor, Ginger Minj and Shea Coulee before. All the ones who were robbed.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 371March 22, 2020 9:32 PM

Miss Fame is a nut.

by Anonymousreply 372March 22, 2020 9:36 PM

Violet Chachki and Miss Fame sure are fancy now.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 373March 22, 2020 10:00 PM

Actually, she doesn' t R355. Them poster above who likened her to Vampira is right.

by Anonymousreply 374March 22, 2020 10:36 PM

Gigi looks like Alison Williams and Denise Richards had a love child son who is a drag queen. There is also something vintage Seven Sisters about him. Much more than Sasha Velour.

by Anonymousreply 375March 22, 2020 10:41 PM

They also changed the voice over and the comments when Rock MSakura walked in the ball outfit as the original had RockM Sakura talking about dying from the flu (and this was filmed months ago)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 376March 23, 2020 2:11 AM

I saw Sasha Velour's tour - final stop before the theatres were shut. She's a phenomenal stage presence - would love to see her collaborate with a few of the more interesting performing queens - Jinx Monsoon perhaps.

by Anonymousreply 377March 23, 2020 6:53 AM

Just saw HBO has a new drag-reality show with Bob, Eureka and Shangela...

by Anonymousreply 378March 23, 2020 7:32 AM

I love Shangela. Bob is a man in a dress. And not funny.

by Anonymousreply 379March 23, 2020 9:26 AM

Who keeps hiring BOB?

by Anonymousreply 380March 23, 2020 9:37 AM

I agree, why Bob? I don’t get it. At all.

by Anonymousreply 381March 23, 2020 4:47 PM

r381 personable, funny, won his season of RPDR.

by Anonymousreply 382March 23, 2020 5:02 PM

I saw the HBO promo last night......it didn't look very good. Three mediocre drag queens going to small towns and dressing up closet cases?

by Anonymousreply 383March 23, 2020 5:36 PM

one winner , one should have won all stars 2 winner and one should have won her season queen - hardly mediocre

by Anonymousreply 384March 23, 2020 6:02 PM

R382 mmmm not really, debatable, and unfortunate.

NEXT

by Anonymousreply 385March 23, 2020 6:03 PM

Bob is painfully unfunny.

But, he thinks he's brilliant. And, he's a terrible upstager....CONSTANTLY drawing focus when onstage with other performers with dreary "look at ME!" schtick.

Not funny + huge ego = awful

by Anonymousreply 386March 23, 2020 8:44 PM

I tried to watch Bob's stand up comedy special on Netflix and quit halfway through. It just wasn't funny.

by Anonymousreply 387March 23, 2020 8:46 PM

R387 I saw his stand up LIVE! He was on for over an hour and it felt like 6.

by Anonymousreply 388March 23, 2020 8:48 PM

R388 and I bet half of that time was spent comparing the differences between white and black people

by Anonymousreply 389March 23, 2020 8:51 PM

R323 photo is my favorite contestant

by Anonymousreply 390March 23, 2020 8:57 PM

Violet is actually really good, R367

A couple years back I was dragged to one of those variety show tours the queens do. I was most excited to see Shangela (this was before AS3 when people liked her again). Violet was honestly the most memorable to me! Her look and her burlesque routine was hypnotic. I'd totally see her again. Granted, I wanted Violet to win the end of her season by default, but after seeing her perform I get why she's a winner (and she's one of the better ones).

FWIW the worst of the night was no fucking question Kim Chi. Now THERE is an overrated look queen.

by Anonymousreply 391March 23, 2020 9:01 PM

I didn't know Thorgy Thor posted on this forum??

by Anonymousreply 392March 23, 2020 10:48 PM

Thorgy Thor is actually very entertaining as a live act...very old school drag. Does a lot of show tunes.

by Anonymousreply 393March 23, 2020 11:49 PM

r393 and hates Bob's success.

by Anonymousreply 394March 24, 2020 2:18 AM

Bob is as funny as herpes. I, also tried to watch one of his comedy shows. Fucking Total Shit

by Anonymousreply 395March 24, 2020 2:44 AM

I heard you guys are talking about your favorite Drag Race queens. What about Bob - everyone loves him, and he's so funny. Any fans? Bonus - good looking as a guy, too!

by Anonymousreply 396March 24, 2020 11:26 AM

[quote]one winner , one should have won all stars 2 winner and one should have won her season queen - hardly mediocre

Eureka only got close to winning because the show felt they needed to make amends for breaking her hoof. If corner-of-a-small-town bar drag is your thing, though she's your girl! But, I'm happy for any of these queens who get to do something beyond the show. It's a decent platform to launch a career, but you need to actually do something with those opportunities.

I'm not a big fan of Bob, but he was good in the first episode of High Maintenance. He came across as a decent actor. Wouldn't mind seeing him in something that isn't trying to be "funny."

by Anonymousreply 397March 24, 2020 1:17 PM

It'll be interesting to see which, if any, RuGirls' careers survive the virus.

by Anonymousreply 398March 24, 2020 1:22 PM

r397 - Eureka is not small-town drag - she competed in the same pageant circuit as Trinity. She knows how to dress her body and is funny. Yeah she is a bit of a mess and cannot not clap back at someone and make things worse for herself but she is very talented. She deserved her top spot and if not for Ru keeping Aquaria in that first lip sync - Aquaria would have been gone.

by Anonymousreply 399March 24, 2020 2:01 PM

I always forget that Aquaria won DR

by Anonymousreply 400March 24, 2020 2:04 PM

[quote]Eureka is not small-town drag

Well, if she isn't, I haven't seen her do anything beyond what every small-town drag queen does. There is nothing there that separates her from the countless brunch queens out there. Her looks are small-town drag and her comedy is small-town drag.

by Anonymousreply 401March 24, 2020 2:38 PM

Hi Vixen!

by Anonymousreply 402March 24, 2020 2:41 PM

r401 well apparently WOW disagrees with you since they gave her a web series and now she has the HBO show.

by Anonymousreply 403March 24, 2020 3:15 PM

I saw one of Bob's performances online before he was on RPDR and he was funny. I guess fame took it away.

by Anonymousreply 404March 24, 2020 5:22 PM

The Reddit fandom is trying to cancel Aiden because she quoted a rap lyric with the N-word 10 years ago on Twitter.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 405March 24, 2020 5:50 PM

Why are people spelling it as "Ayden?"

by Anonymousreply 406March 24, 2020 10:15 PM

Because that fits her self-absorbed and delusional personality much better.

by Anonymousreply 407March 24, 2020 11:04 PM

Why not make it Ædghæyn, then?

by Anonymousreply 408March 24, 2020 11:12 PM

Too funny. You're giving me double vision, R408.

by Anonymousreply 409March 24, 2020 11:54 PM

Should be "ZAiden with a silent Z"

by Anonymousreply 410March 25, 2020 1:53 AM

I wouldn't be surprised in the least if Aiden was using a Doc Johnson "Pack It". Is this show even trying any more?

by Anonymousreply 411March 25, 2020 2:55 AM

This season is the best one in a long time. Season 9 was pretty great with Trinity the Tuck and Shea Coulee and halfway through Eureka. The fantastic Peppermint. Plus the undeserving winner, Sasha Non Binary. They were a talented bunch. Sasha is a great performer in real life. But she wasn't on Drag Race. How lucky to get that great Whitney Houston song with the plastic rose petals spilling from her wig the same way she had been doing on stage for two years before that finale? The show is fixed. They let the young fans decide who wins. Who doesn't know this by now. Remember Yvie Oddley? No. Why?

by Anonymousreply 412March 25, 2020 4:03 AM

Was that Yvie mess truly popular with the kids? I am so out of touch wif da youts, so if that is true, WHY? Seems like a charmless, humorless asshole who, lets face it, is quite uncomfortable to look at. Seems like the antithesis of drag, at least to this old fuck.

by Anonymousreply 413March 25, 2020 8:03 PM

R413 I love that Yvie won just because it would have driven the vixen crazy with jealousy.

by Anonymousreply 414March 25, 2020 8:14 PM

Is there something between The Vixen and Yvie?

by Anonymousreply 415March 26, 2020 6:02 PM

There is something between the vixen and the world.

by Anonymousreply 416March 26, 2020 6:07 PM

according to her only fans page - there is about 10 inches between the vixen and anyone.

by Anonymousreply 417March 26, 2020 7:23 PM

Maybe Leslie's too big a fan of the show? Looks like she's been having a good ol' time dragging Brita post her guest appearance on the show and seems really invested in all the personal drama between the queens. Her comments on Brita are accurate but it's pretty tacky for a guest judge to behave like this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 418March 26, 2020 10:21 PM

The Vixen and Yvie have nothing in common and no connection. Some poster on here can't let his hatred for The Vixen go. He's also a racist. Ignore it. The Vixen paid the price for his hostility and bad behavior. He's still a drag queen and a cute guy, but he's been shut out from anything having to do with Drag Race tours or appearances. He's not making that money. And yeah, he does Cameo's and Only Fans. Black Girl Magic is still his big thing though. And he was travelling more as a single booked act too. Until the virus shut everything down. I'd rather see Tony's dick and ass than pay to hear Alaska "sing."

You couldn't pay me enough to watch Yvie Oddley do anything.

by Anonymousreply 419March 26, 2020 10:44 PM

it seems void of ad lib fun stuff, seems to be very written out lines for them before hand. no joy in mudville no mo

by Anonymousreply 420March 27, 2020 6:05 PM

R418, where did you find that ghastly youtuber!?!?

by Anonymousreply 421March 27, 2020 7:17 PM

R421, Yeah, he is really annoying. But he seems to be the go-to channel for RDR drama and associated drag queens. I don't normally listen or watch, I just put him on mute and read the comments.

by Anonymousreply 422March 27, 2020 8:20 PM

r422 that is Jakeyonce - yeah he is a lil over the top but he is a sweet kid who is RPDR obsessed. Wow actually tried to get him shut down by demonetizing his channel but the youtube community came to his rescue.

by Anonymousreply 423March 28, 2020 12:04 AM

Why does Brita think she's so special? Not pretty, forgettable outfits. Next.

by Anonymousreply 424March 28, 2020 2:17 AM

I'm really beginning to adore Heidi, she won't win but I hope she goes far.

And I hope she does Cookie from Empire or Diana Ross die Snatch Game

by Anonymousreply 425March 28, 2020 2:19 AM

^for Snatch Game

by Anonymousreply 426March 28, 2020 2:20 AM

I fucking hate Brita

by Anonymousreply 427March 28, 2020 2:21 AM

R423 no jakeyonce is an annoying fat fuck who just regurgitates reddit threads via youtube- featuring his hideous islynyc glasses

by Anonymousreply 428March 28, 2020 2:40 AM

I love Heidi. Like, I love that adorable funny fast moving boy. He has to work twice as hard to get half the attention. Interesting show. Sherry Pie is seasoned and talented. She's done Hairspray in more than stock. She was in place to win this thing.

The right queen went home - but talk about a tight tuck. Nicky Doll's legs are so long and his body is so lean and wearing that great molded runway piece - he looked fantastic and and sleepy. He's totally gonna end up with Miss Fame and Violet in the legit magazines and runway shows. Otherwise, the guy is a complete bore.

I can't stand Aiden. Again.

by Anonymousreply 429March 28, 2020 2:56 AM

R418 Well, is Leslie wrong? What does Brita DO successfully beyond going on and on, like a broken record, about how she's from New York?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 430March 28, 2020 3:39 AM

Brita's fixation on Aiden reminds me of Roxie's hatred of Jinxx. Guess what? If Aiden went home, Brita would still be road kill. Her constant coming for Aiden is really ugly - almost as ugly as her wigs and outfits. And no surprise she spits when she talks since her cheap-ass veneers don't even fit. Thinking much less of Gigi and Jan for siding with Brita.

by Anonymousreply 431March 28, 2020 5:32 AM

Heidi is my favorite personality by a mile.

by Anonymousreply 432March 28, 2020 11:20 AM

The fandom would have freaked out if Nicky--who is not only not a POC but is not American--got too far in the competition so she had to go. But I like her a lot and she was the only one who made me laugh during the sketch. I like her fucked up teeth, too.

Brita and Widow are gross and terrible. Heidi is sweet and Gigi has the look.

by Anonymousreply 433March 28, 2020 2:03 PM

Sherry's performance was great, very Harvey Fierstein, but her Elvis runway was terrible. The white skirt was billowy and shapeless - she looked like Roy Orbison dressed as a tampon.

Brita is another Alexis Michelle - brags about how she's a theatre queen but doesn't have the chops to back it up. Her mouth is disturbingly huge.

Gigi Goode is by far my favourite now, along with Jan

by Anonymousreply 434March 28, 2020 2:08 PM

Brita hasn't done anything yet......if this is her "best" she's not very talented. Her clothes are ill-fitting and not appropriate. If she won New York's Best Entertainer - it must be a contest she sponsors herself.

Yes I like Jan and Heidi.....Gigi is okay, but she is so weird looking as a guy, like her face is melting.

I liked Nicky Doll and am sad she went home, but I am glad Heidi is still around.

I hope Brita falls on her big fat ass in Snatch Game - which of course, she will......being New York's Best Entertainer (in her own mind).

I still hate Aiden, it needs to go....nothing there.

by Anonymousreply 435March 28, 2020 2:13 PM

R433 - Nicky is a POC. His name is Karl Sanchez, born in Marseille, ultimate melting pot. Name like that is not French and she lived her childhood in Morocco she must have Moroccan/Spanish in her mix. Do you have eyes? Totally a POC. She is the type of French POC who insists on being "French", (and rightly so), and doesn't identify as a person of color.

by Anonymousreply 436March 28, 2020 2:15 PM

I like Heidi. She's funny. And I have hopes for Jackie Cox but she might not have a ton of wattage, she hasn't really shined yet. I didn't think Nicky was that bad. She had some real style.

by Anonymousreply 437March 28, 2020 2:23 PM

Gigi is gorgeous, Heidi is my favorite and I forget the others except for Aiden, because her look is so "unique"

by Anonymousreply 438March 28, 2020 2:25 PM

Jan isn’t getting much airtime which probably means that she’ll get to the finale

by Anonymousreply 439March 28, 2020 3:07 PM

I love that Aiden is not bothered. I agree Brita is meh at best. She is the only one who is impressed with her talent.

by Anonymousreply 440March 28, 2020 3:52 PM

Aiden had me rolling. It was so ridiculous but so right.

Brita is fucking annoying

Lol at trolling Rock M by having the weeping overlay in the previously on segment

Wish Nicky would stay just because she’s the only one besides Gigi who looks good on the runway

The mysterious legend of Sherry Pie will be studied for ages

by Anonymousreply 441March 28, 2020 5:10 PM

Sherry is grotesque looking as a man, and frightening in drag. I don't see the appeal.

by Anonymousreply 442March 28, 2020 5:57 PM

r442 yeah not for nothing but everytime I see her I struggle to find a nose, it is like she contours it away.

by Anonymousreply 443March 28, 2020 7:49 PM

I'm calling GiGi Goode for the win, amazing on the runway, not overly dramatic elsewhere. She's gorgeous as a man and a woman.

by Anonymousreply 444March 29, 2020 12:31 AM

I think Nicky gave a masterclass on how to exit gracefully. I thought she was really touching.

Brita needs to die in grease fire.

by Anonymousreply 445March 29, 2020 12:42 AM

Gigi is not gorgeous as a man. He's manorexic and has way too long a face. Good in drag though. Those outfits are killer. Nice personality. I agree that he's likely gonna win R444. Just like when Violet stole the crown from Ginger Minj. Except that Violet probably deserved that win and Sherry Pie probably deserved this one.

by Anonymousreply 446March 29, 2020 12:43 AM

When people my age roll their eyes at the suggestion of watching a drag show, they’re remembering the braying, unfunny queens from the early 90s with the caked on makeup and lame insults.

That’s Brita.

by Anonymousreply 447March 29, 2020 12:53 AM

Brita getting dragged for filth on her Twitter.

by Anonymousreply 448March 29, 2020 1:07 AM

Someone said Gigi looks like Mrs Tweedy from chicken run and now it's all I can see

by Anonymousreply 449March 29, 2020 4:19 AM

Not an Aiden fan, but am now due to the mean girls ganging up on him. Brita the toofless, delusional skank can go home NOW. Lots of talent this season...too bad about Sherry Pie and her crimes, it really impacts all the girlz. Luff Ru and the show. Saw the Vegas show before the ‘Rona shut everything down. Not bad, but those dranks are way overpriced!

by Anonymousreply 450March 29, 2020 6:03 AM

I just placed who Aiden reminds me of

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 451March 29, 2020 10:21 AM

It amazes me the total lack of self awareness these bitches have. Does Brita want to be the cunt of the season? Cause the producers and editors have all the material they need to make that happen. And people HATE her. She’s getting absolutely rekt as a bully on social media.

by Anonymousreply 452March 29, 2020 2:33 PM

Link to Brita being wreckt please.

by Anonymousreply 453March 29, 2020 2:42 PM

Oh please. The whole Brita and Aiden drama is beyond petty and the only people taking it seriously at white teenage girls who claim to be woke but are secretly racists (the new demographic for this show).

Can’t believe grown men think that shit matters beyond the trashy entertainment it provided.

by Anonymousreply 454March 29, 2020 2:46 PM

Brita vs. Aiden reminds me a significantly less talented version of Roxxxy vs. Jinkx. Didn't Brita watch season 5? Doesn't she know that everyone hated Roxxxy??

by Anonymousreply 455March 29, 2020 2:50 PM

Are we sure GiGi is not the accidental ketamine induced love child of Ernie Glam? I was in NYC in the '90s, and I wish I could find a better picture, because Gigi looks just like him @ the Tunnel in '92.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 456March 29, 2020 2:53 PM

Gigi looks like Morgan McMichaels when she paints.

by Anonymousreply 457March 29, 2020 3:36 PM

YES, r457! Also Hilary Duff- It's the giant chicklet teeth.

by Anonymousreply 458March 29, 2020 3:41 PM

R454 is one of those “straight-acting” dizzy queens who obsesses over InstaHoes from the comfort of Mommy’s basement.

And she never, ever misses a single episode of DragRace.

by Anonymousreply 459March 29, 2020 4:27 PM

R459, I’m impressed on how you manage to be both a wannabe female AND misogynistic at the same time.

by Anonymousreply 460March 29, 2020 4:33 PM

R449, That's interesting, I was thinking something similar, Gigi as something out of a Nick Park creation, but Lady Campanula Tottington is were I see Gigi and she's got the better drag name too lol.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 461March 29, 2020 8:29 PM

When the topic of Mothers came up in the workroom, Sherry was talking about her mother then there was an awkward pause and they pan to Jackie and her story about her mother. It's obvious they took something out there, I think they 'muted' what she was saying about her mom. So unnecessary, I genuinely wanted to hear what else Sherry was going to say about her mom. It's so tedious and petty that they're doing this for every episode now yet fans will still complain about Sherry's wins being underwhelming, well, of course they are, when they are cutting out her 'development process' of course it's going to look like she just won it out of nowhere and feel like a disappointing win.

by Anonymousreply 462March 29, 2020 9:12 PM

Most folk are dumb R462. They should show us Sherry Pie. Obviously very talented and she came with lots of experience and custom looks. Let her downfall make an impact. THUD. But they're afraid to 'retraumatize' her victims and the herd of young Drag Race fans who don't understand the complexities of being alive and sexual and a man. Pretending to be a woman, while he befriends her victims.

I can't stand Raven, but that bitch would tell you to get over it. Sherry's disqualified, but she's funny and I really like her shoes.

by Anonymousreply 463March 29, 2020 9:23 PM

R452 I know Brita's good friend and former roommate. If the person I know is anything to go by, Brita is indeed someone who lacks total self-awareness.

by Anonymousreply 464March 29, 2020 9:24 PM

My top 3 and winner prediction: Gigi Jan Widow

Gigi wins. Jan will win an All Stars season.

by Anonymousreply 465March 29, 2020 9:26 PM

Has Aiden ever been shown topless?

by Anonymousreply 466March 29, 2020 9:45 PM

In an ideal world Heidi would win, Gigi is second and Widow is third.

I don't know who wins the Next All Stars, but Miz Cracker has quite a glow up and every contestant fro Season 12 appears on her Review With A Jew recaps. She fell hard on her season, she looks a lot happier and richer now. Still I hope that Shea Coulee can win the All Stars 17 Crown. She had 4 challenge wins and one shared - the most of any contestant in Drag Race History... but she lost to Sasha Velour?

I want Heidi to win this season. It will never happen. Gigi is pretty much a deep plunge shoe in. Agree that Widow and Jan should also make top 4. Maybe with Jaeda.

Spoiler Alert: One of them doesn't.

Does anyone think that Miz Cracker has won All Stars 17?

by Anonymousreply 467March 29, 2020 9:46 PM

Widow is just a tamer Silky Nutsack.....she'll have a screaming fit sooner or later.....

by Anonymousreply 468March 29, 2020 10:16 PM

R468 I think that Widow is more a composite of Mystique Summers Madison and Jaidynn Diore Fierce. I don't think she has much in common with Silky.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 469March 29, 2020 11:33 PM

Widow is very talented, has great runways and can lip synch the place down. Why is she only compared to some poster's least favorite BLACK queens?

by Anonymousreply 470March 29, 2020 11:40 PM

I agree that Widow can perform, but her runways have been really hit or miss - mostly miss.

by Anonymousreply 471March 29, 2020 11:53 PM

Facts are facts. There's always one very racist fat phobic poster on these threads. The same one, always. He smells old, white and piss stained. Ugh.

by Anonymousreply 472March 30, 2020 12:07 AM

I didn't mean that comparison negatively!!! R469

I just don't get what she has in common with Silky!!!

by Anonymousreply 473March 30, 2020 1:33 AM

[quote]Has Aiden ever been shown topless?

I don't think so. She's usually in a t-shirt (while the others are topless) when they show the girls in the workroom putting on their makeup.

This Brita vs Aiden feud is the reason why Aiden is still around and wasn't sent home after the ball challenge, I guess. While I do get a Roxxxy vibe from Brita (well, more of an Alexis Michelle vibe, who was a low-end version of Roxxxy anyway), Aiden is no Jinkx.

by Anonymousreply 474March 30, 2020 2:36 AM

Roxxy was a jerk, but she's a first class grade A drag queen. Unclockable looks and performance. No jokes or personality. She's a hot bitch on stage. Great club lip synch live your life fantasy queen. Roxxy is first class drag that comes from working hard, not hard working Instagram. Takes a while to get that about Roxxy. Man she was an ass. Cute guy too. She has nothing in common with Brita. Brita is kind of grotesque in her confidence and shoes. She's more Monet Xchange than Alexis or Roxxy. Roxxy is a handsome latin man who looks like a hot bitch everyday in drag. He's Miami all over.

Aiden should not be mentioned in the same sentence as Jinkx. Jinkx was and is messy and not quite as talented as she thinks, but she has charisma and showbiz and imagination and sadness in her ugly little bones. She was smart enough to hire a dresser and full time make up artist the moment she won. Now she just has to try to stay sober and show up. No amount of money or acclaim will give Aiden a personality, talent or lips. Ok, lips maybe.

I like Alexis Michele. He's clueless but good at what they mostly do. Dress as well known pop stars and lip synch to their songs. Three or four numbers a night.

Aiden is not original or talented or charming. His look would be interesting after they made some money. Which they're not doing. Why the fuck do we need to donate to Alaska singing from home? She's losing 10 grand a weekend it's true. But nothing like no show to show what a no show some of them are. I like Alaska. Bitch is already rich from all kinds of gigs. Trinity the Tuck put on a great at home Drag show BTW. With remote friends. That one deserved the crown all for herself.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 475March 30, 2020 3:16 AM

Yes, Roxxy looks good, but she's dumb as a stump and has zero cleverness about her. There's no fantasy with her, unless your fantasy is a hooker.

by Anonymousreply 476March 30, 2020 4:38 AM

Gigi is good but it's her Mom's outfits that are winning over the judges.

by Anonymousreply 477March 30, 2020 4:43 AM

Cunty Brita issues an apology and Jackie is also feeling the heat and apologizes as well. We’ll see how that works out for them.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 478March 30, 2020 12:12 PM

I don’t think I will ever be able to consider lip syncing a talent. There’s just a total disconnect in my brain between “ability to move mouth while doing splits” and “this person is a genius!”

Jinkx Monsoon is obviously very talented. He can sing and dance live, without having to be a competitive tumbler, and in his case drag is essential to accepting his talent because a man who sounds and looks like he does when presenting as male would just turn off too many people and make them blind to the talent.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 479March 30, 2020 12:25 PM

Whoops! Looking at the still image above, it looks like I may have accidentally linked to a video of Meghan McCain doing drunk karaoke.

by Anonymousreply 480March 30, 2020 12:26 PM

On the runway, Widow was topless with pasties over his nipples. He was shaking and shimmying to show off his large breasts.

As a fat man who has had moobs all my life, I found this absolutely horrifying.

What do others think? Is seeing a fat man dressed as a woman shaking his nearly naked moobs sexy? Funny? Gross?

by Anonymousreply 481March 30, 2020 12:45 PM

The sad thing with Brita is that she's acting just like Roxxxi on S5, but at least Roxxxi was justified in that Jinkx WAS her main competition. If it wasn't for her, Roxxxi would've won that season. Brita has zero chance of winning anything.

by Anonymousreply 482March 30, 2020 12:50 PM

Brita is just another queen super impressed with herself. They show up super confident and then when they don't win and get read on the runway they have to attack another queen. They pick on the one who does not fit in because they can get the other queens onboard.

by Anonymousreply 483March 30, 2020 12:53 PM

Here's my armchair assessment: Look around. Look at gay media and look at straight/mainstream media depictions of gay men. There is one type of gay man that's acceptable both from within the community and from outside of it. That's the "pit crew" archetype. We all know it. We shouldn't pretend that we don't.

Some gay men just can't live with themselves not fitting into that mold, and so they escape it by doing drag. They need to feel appreciated for their appearances, too, and it is *never* going to happen with them looking like anything other than a gay porn star. It's not a coincidence that 96 percent of Drag Race contestants are odd looking.

Some of them act out, particularly the ones who have unusual features and oddly shaped/bigger bodies. So they overcompensate by being big and loud and unmissable. They are in your face; it's an if-you-won't-see-me-then-I'll-make-sure-you-can't-ignore-me mentality. And so we end up with Britas, Roxies, Widows, et al.

That's all it is. People needing to be seen who fall outside of what gay men accept appearances wise. It's sick to say, but the worship of Davey Wavey types is a primary reason we end up with Silky Nutmeg Ganaches.

by Anonymousreply 484March 30, 2020 1:11 PM

Brita can "stand by her look" all she wants, but until she realizes she is a ZERO in the talent and runway departments, she's going to keep being defeated.......DELUSIONAL.....big time.....

by Anonymousreply 485March 30, 2020 1:54 PM

Drama and cuntiness aside / let’s just stick to facts. Brita was terrible in the acting challenge and all of her runways so far have run from mediocre to basic and back again. She’s terrible. The only one promoting her as a big thing from NYC is herself. Bye bitch.

by Anonymousreply 486March 30, 2020 2:00 PM

Why would Jackie have anything to apologize for?

by Anonymousreply 487March 30, 2020 4:17 PM

During the Untucked bitchfest about Aiden, Jackie chimed in with one of the reasons they come for her is because Aiden doesn't "Kiki" with them so they don't really know her. I thought Jackie was smarter than that, but it was an incredibly stupid and tone-deaf thing to say.

by Anonymousreply 488March 31, 2020 12:35 AM

So Aiden can’t or won’t kiki with the other gays because he’s trans and is not a gay man?

by Anonymousreply 489March 31, 2020 1:02 AM

What's the fucking big deal if they criticized him? Aiden is anti-social, untalented, inexperienced, uncooperative, defensive, bad tempered and mutant looking. One of the least polished contestants the show has seen. He should take some fucking advice from these queens. He's not about to win on his charm and wit.

by Anonymousreply 490March 31, 2020 1:10 AM

Well, they could just ignore Aiden, but apparently R490 thinks it's super cool for a bunch of other people to gang up and bully one person. What a gem you are.

by Anonymousreply 491March 31, 2020 1:23 AM

If he was really trans they would have milked that throughout the show like they did with all the other trans queens. Ru said something like he doesn't want female contestants so I doubt they would allow it he barely even wants "transwomen," and I don't blame him their constant whining over.words and pronouns has made the show rather dull. Notice there aren't any transwomen this season. I think Ru just doesn't care anymore lol

by Anonymousreply 492March 31, 2020 1:24 AM

On Survivor a few years ago, they didn’t reveal that Zach was trans until well into the season when he was outed by another cast mate. So maybe RuPaul will do something similar and maximize the drama and reveal.

by Anonymousreply 493March 31, 2020 2:06 AM

R492, When you use the subjunctive, you need to write, “If he really were trans...”

If he really was trans?

by Anonymousreply 494March 31, 2020 2:15 AM

if he really IS trans - he is not dead so present tense.

by Anonymousreply 495March 31, 2020 2:17 AM

Nobody said that Aiden was subjunctive. He's just pale.

by Anonymousreply 496March 31, 2020 2:20 AM

I like Ayden. He’s such an odd lil critter, both in and out of drag.

by Anonymousreply 497March 31, 2020 2:41 AM

The fandom is the worst thing about drag race. Why are these bitches apologizing or being forced to apologize? It was filmed MONTHS ago.

These bitches need to read “If You Give a Mouse a Cookie” and realize the aggrieved Redditors will never be satisfied. Of course Brita looks like she ate all the damn cookies already.

by Anonymousreply 498March 31, 2020 3:12 AM

The crazy fandom buys the tickets and merch. If you piss it off, there is a younger and prettier queen ready to take your place.

These queens know who pays the bills.

by Anonymousreply 499March 31, 2020 3:27 AM

Yes, but the fandom is fickle. Some of the most successful queens were not the fandom's choice. RuPaul and VH1 only pick based on instagram and twitter and the zillion recaps and reviews online. But Yvie Oddley ain't nothing now. But Kennedy Davenport and Ginger Minj are always working. Shangela has been to the Oscars. She is a two time loser but one of the few who headlined her own world tour. Violet was the turning point. Both she and Aqaria are amazingly successful, but not primarily as Drag Race girls. Sharon and Jinkx are winners, but far down the list of money makers. And they both bitch about it. The fandom loved MILK and who's he now? The gender confused and depressed fandom love Katya above all others. She lost twice. And she's seriously weird. Like Bob, Monet, Willam and Trixie - she was an out of work (too) gay actor who found fame by dressing as a woman. The show managed to fuckery the most crazy way to give Trixie the All Stars crown. For the fandom. RuPaul should go back to picking the winners.

by Anonymousreply 500March 31, 2020 3:42 AM

At the risk of sounding like an asshole, does every season need one queen now who's mom doesn't know they do drag? God, who cares?!?! It's getting tedious.

by Anonymousreply 501March 31, 2020 3:42 AM

r501 your ride is here, go stand in front of it.

by Anonymousreply 502March 31, 2020 3:53 AM

R502 Whatever you say, Jackie.

by Anonymousreply 503March 31, 2020 3:59 AM

Idk R500. Raja was a seriously dumb Ru pick that was totally borne out of nepotism. Manila or even Alexis should have won S3. And let’s not talk about Bebe or Tyra over Nina Flowers or Raven.

by Anonymousreply 504March 31, 2020 4:07 AM

It's a Von Don't for me.

Widow Von'Du Yes Bitch! She Might Be

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 505March 31, 2020 4:32 AM

R500. I agree. I was surprised by how many were not really drag queens but had moved to LA to try to get their acting break (Alaska is another one who move to LA to act). They worked in pubs and clubs to make rent while going to auditions and realized that one ticket to success and 'fame' was via Drag Race. They got into drag for the chance at being on Drag Race. I think some came to like drag more than others. Some still just do it because now that is their job and what else can they do? Quite a few have tried to sell themselves as 'musicians' or some other talent - and have had varying degrees of success with this, despite a lack of actual talent.

I don't get the fandom either - they seem to really see them as 'celebrities' and they latch onto people who are not the most talented. The reddit forum is obsessed with them - they repost every tweet. They also insist on worshiping those deemed to the favorites and if anyone disagrees or is critical at all, they attack! Drag queens are a motley crew too, a lot of mental illness, addiction, body dysmorphia, trauma, ADHD etc. They are not a mentally healthy bunch. Most had issues before going on drag race and the pressures of the job and the pressures of the fandom seem to compound their problems.

by Anonymousreply 506March 31, 2020 5:47 AM

[quote]Raja was a seriously dumb Ru pick that was totally borne out of nepotism. Manila or even Alexis should have won S3. And let’s not talk about Bebe or Tyra over Nina Flowers or Raven.

Tyra Sanchez probably wishes she had never gone on Drag Race, much less won. She was dismissed as undeserving from the moment she was crowned—even before social media, Reddit, etc. became integral to the fan base, she got massive amounts of online hate (including death threats) from fans who thought Raven was robbed. She was eclipsed by queens from her season like Jujubee and Pandora Boxx, and later Morgan McMichaels and Tatianna on AS2. Her own subsequent nasty behavior, fueled by bitterness and mental illness, effectively killed her career. I don't even think she does drag anymore.

by Anonymousreply 507March 31, 2020 6:09 AM

I don’t understand the complaints here. Are people just complaining for the sake of complaining, or are you sincere? I am genuinely curious.

For example, complaints that some of the contestants had aspirations to be actors and then began doing drag to be cast on the show...what, exactly, is wrong with that? They wanted to be performers and so they became performers. What’s this purity test of never having had any interest in acting before putting on makeup and getting cast on a drag show? Are drag queens supposed to have clawed their ways out of their mothers in sequined ballgowns with lacefront wigs? Or are they supposed to be transgender? Or what factor exactly makes them ‘legitimate’ drag queens as opposed to undeserving wannabe actors who put on wigs?

I’ve enjoyed the show for years, to varying degrees depending on the season. But some of the fans really are relentlessly vitriolic and always measuring things against standards of their own invention.

This Friday is the Snatch Game episode. As always, there will probably be two mildly entertaining impersonations and 10 abysmal ones. And as always, everyone will complain that the new queens are not nearly as talented as the older ones and the show is done for because the talent well has run dry. I’ve rewatched every season in reruns, and the ‘legendary snatch game’ is always cringeworthy. Yet people always remember prior seasons’ versions as unimpeachable.

Good God, girls, get a grip. It’s men in wigs for your entertaintment. Don’t take it so seriously.

by Anonymousreply 508March 31, 2020 9:56 AM

Case in point the meth head Katya, R506. But every lonely frauen will drag her crotchfruit to a meet and greet because Katya is just “lol so funny!!!”

And Shangela was hated just as much if not more than Tyra by the frauen, R507. I remember when the twats at TWOP would call her “DJ” because she wasn’t a true drag queen like Saint Raja lol. I always loved Shangela because she was such a shit stirring bitch. 🥰

by Anonymousreply 509March 31, 2020 12:49 PM

Raja was a true drag queen? Despite being a makeup artist, he always had man face, plus he never padded.

by Anonymousreply 510March 31, 2020 1:03 PM

R510, yes but fraus go crazy over a fashion look queen.

That’s why Farrah Moan is one of the most successful queens... on Instagram.

by Anonymousreply 511March 31, 2020 1:34 PM

My favorite is and always will be Alyssa Edwards.

Sometimes Heidi's inadvertent malapropisms remind me of her......

by Anonymousreply 512March 31, 2020 3:53 PM

Sherry Pie should go out and get Corona for sympathy,

by Anonymousreply 513March 31, 2020 4:57 PM

What happened to Alyssa's reality show on Netflix? Did it get a second season?

RuPaul's Netflix show was canceled after 1 season. Maybe the mainstream's interest in drag is on the wane.

by Anonymousreply 514March 31, 2020 5:38 PM

R508, I am R506 and I am not complaining - just discussing the fact that there were varying pathways to entry into Drag Race and different motivations for doing drag and being on Drag Race. Whether their initial motivation was acting or music or drag itself, they are all driven by a desire to be on reality tv and to be performers. There is some difference to someone who had done drag for a decade because of a love of drag and saw the show this as an opportunity to showcase their art and someone who learned drag in order to be cast on a tv show because of a desire to achieve recognition / fame / fortune as a reality tv star. I am fine with both being on the show - it brings very different approaches and attitudes and that makes for better tv.

by Anonymousreply 515March 31, 2020 5:59 PM

R514. I don't think Alyssa's show was renewed.

I think Drag Race kind of has a static audience at this point. Everyone who likes it watches it but it has been on long enough that everyone interested pretty much knows about it so it is hard to get new viewers. It has also changed a lot now. The cast almost all come on with designer made gowns and expensive wigs vs before when they were struggling to make ends met and came with the drag they had used in clubs. I mean Sharon Needles wore one of her t-shirts out of her dirty laundry bag and a 5 dollar wig she got at a thrift shop and won. That would never fly now. There is a lot less creating or sewing and more fully pulled together looks that cost the a lot of money to have made before the show. It no longer attracts the club drag crowd and now more suburban teen girls / young adults and some middle aged women.

by Anonymousreply 516March 31, 2020 6:08 PM

Fun fact - the original concept of Drag Race was to pair drag queens with a designer and they were going to come up with themed looks each week kind of a cross between top model and project runway.

by Anonymousreply 517March 31, 2020 6:37 PM

what's the best season to binge during this quarantine? As a casual viewer, I've caught episodes from time to time, but not really binged... I hear a lot of people talking about Raven, Jinx, Sharon Needles, but have no idea what the deal is. So If you had to suggest one season to watch, what would it be? (Or two, or three...)

by Anonymousreply 518March 31, 2020 8:33 PM

Seasons 5/6 had the best overall casts. Season 2 of All Stars is pretty great, but I'd watch more regular seasons before jumping into All Stars.

by Anonymousreply 519March 31, 2020 8:41 PM

R518 - I would say to watch seasons 4,5 and 6.

You could watch 3 to see how different 4 was. The show kind of changed between 3 and 4. Season 3 had incredibly hard challenges.

by Anonymousreply 520March 31, 2020 8:41 PM

I suggest starting with Season 1 and get wrapped up in the creativity and fun that’s lacking in later seasons. To be a good gay, you really need to see it all.

It kind of freaks me out when contestants say “I grew up watching this show” since I grew up watching The Bionic Woman and Solid Gold.

by Anonymousreply 521March 31, 2020 9:15 PM

I love regular season one and two

by Anonymousreply 522March 31, 2020 9:24 PM

R518 you should also try and watch Untucked. That is where a lot of the drama and interpersonal stuff happens. Some of the Untucked episodes are on Youtube.

by Anonymousreply 523March 31, 2020 9:49 PM

Season 4 is the most overrated in my opinion. Sharon was new, but nothing so inventive. Just Halloween drag. Latrice gave an amazing lip synch on Natural woman and Willam wore sample size designer dresses. Phi Phi is just a weird performer and a young bitchy gay boy. Nothing villainous. Chad is a snooze and creeps me out. It's not the worst season, but not a great one.

For pure pleasure, watch Season Two. Forget that Tyra gets crowned and just enjoy Jujubee, Pandora. Tatianna and All the cheap wigs. The stripper pole challenge and the wedding photos are a hoot. And Raven was one of the most unlikable queens to ever be on Drag Race. But a great performer. She wasn't even trying to play a villain - he's just a bitch. Tyra deserved her win, IMO.

And Season 7. Yes season SEVEN. It starts slow with some terrible performances, but it's my favorite cast EVER. Ginger, Kennedy, Miss Fame, Katya, Violet, Pearl, Trixie, Max and Mrs. Kasha Davis. Some of the best challenges ever too, with the John Waters reenactments, the conjoined twins, The Dancing With the Stars Dance fusion half man/half woman tango and the best makeover episode too. And freaking Violet, knocking that runway dead in truly inventive and kinky ways, every week. And earning her crown with her finale burlesque number.

For best queens ever, you have to watch Manila on Season three. She is top five of all time but still lost to Raja (UGH). And of course Bianca and Bendela on season 6. I'm not a big fan of Jinkx. She's talented but her drag was TERRIBLE. Season 5 does introduce the world to Alyssa Edwards and Alaska though.

Basically seasons 8 through 11 were write offs. Things are better this year.

Season two, three, six and seven are my favorites.

by Anonymousreply 524March 31, 2020 10:10 PM

[quote]For pure pleasure, watch Season Two. Forget that Tyra gets crowned and just enjoy Jujubee, Pandora. Tatianna and All the cheap wigs. The stripper pole challenge and the wedding photos are a hoot. And Raven was one of the most unlikable queens to ever be on Drag Race. But a great performer. She wasn't even trying to play a villain - he's just a bitch. Tyra deserved her win, IMO.

I love this season because the queens didn't give a fuck about what viewers thought of them. S2 Untucked is unrivaled for cuntiness and shade.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 525March 31, 2020 10:35 PM

I have a soft spot for the low-budget eleganza of Season 1: the flip-phone-quality video, the shake-and-go wigs, the off-the-rack mall fashions, the public-access-TV set design.

Under the Hood, S1's online-only version of Untucked, looked like it was shot in a utility closet.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 526March 31, 2020 11:10 PM

Seasons 4 through 6 were the show's peak, but definitely start from the beginning, especially since you have time now to binge, R518.

I love rewatching Seasons 2 and 3. The queens were uncensored, especially since there was no over-sensitive and immature teenage fandom to consider (or to go examine all their tweets from the beginning of time in order to find anything "problematic" so they could bitch about it), and Untucked was must-watch TV. Shangela is beloved now, but she was [italic]hated[/italic] during Season 3. I found DL's running thread for S3 a couple years back and DLers were calling her things like "human garbage", etc. But thank goodness she was there, as she made things uncomfortable for Raja and the 'Heathers', and without her, it would have been 13 episodes of everyone kowtowing to Raja over and over. Raja even admitted in that season's final Untucked that Shangela knew just what buttons to push.

Season 7 suffered from having to follow an excellent Season 6, and too many challenges that were clunkers (such as the three between the entertaining disaster that was ShakesQueer and Snatch Game). But the cast has done a great job overall with their careers post-season, it was a bit of a RuDemption.

[quote]Raven was one of the most unlikable queens to ever be on Drag Race. But a great performer. She wasn't even trying to play a villain - he's just a bitch.

Yup, she did not hold anything back in her confessionals, and I low-key kind of loved it. Today's queens would never dare go this far.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 527March 31, 2020 11:10 PM

The show has really lost the fun. I think seasons 1-4 are my favorite seasons. The queens were just less inhibited than they are now. I have a special spot for season 4 because I was going through a very hard time in my life when it aired and it brought me a lot of entertainment (MARY!) during that shitty year.

Imagine a queen like Tammie Brown being cast on the show in this day and age!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 528March 31, 2020 11:31 PM

[quote]Shangela is beloved now, but she was hated during Season 3.

According to Stacy Layne Matthews, Shangela and Mimi Imfurst got into an actual fistfight during the "sugar daddy" episode of Untucked, and production was shut down for several weeks while World of Wonder deliberated over what to do next.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 529March 31, 2020 11:31 PM

I still think RPDR should do a season with queens who were eliminated first or second. Would the drag be horrible? Probably, but I think it'd be entertaining.

by Anonymousreply 530March 31, 2020 11:43 PM

[quote]Widow was topless with pasties over his nipples. He was shaking and shimmying to show off his large breasts.

Yeah that was tacky and the judges overlooked it out of embarrassment. Tuberous breast tissue does not a bosom make.

by Anonymousreply 531April 1, 2020 12:26 AM

I say season 4-7. Also season 9 with Shea, Trinity, Peppermint and evening the insufferable Sasha had her moments. That season also has Valentina.

by Anonymousreply 532April 1, 2020 1:55 AM

Binging now actually - The Trixe Katya season is great. So is the Bianca, Courtney and Adore season. We are going to do Bob's season next and maybe Alaska's.

by Anonymousreply 533April 1, 2020 2:14 AM

I still hate Shangela.....

by Anonymousreply 534April 1, 2020 2:24 PM

This show can't shock us anymore but in 2009 (Season 1), Ru and the crew chatting about a drag queen's "meaty tuck"--with a close up on his crotch--was pretty new for mainstream American TV.

You can identify the seasons that were made for gay men if the sponsor is Absolut Vodka. VH1 kicked out Absolut once the marjority of the audience became tweens and their moms.

Whatever happened to Al and Dave Travel or whatever company that was that gave travel prizes to the queens?

by Anonymousreply 535April 1, 2020 2:39 PM

Shangela was a GREAT antagonist. Her run on AS3 was fantastic too. Very talented and very calculating.

by Anonymousreply 536April 1, 2020 2:41 PM

I hated Season 3 with the whole Heather and Booger thing, especially when someone as repulsive as Delta Werk considered herself a Heather. Really, bitch? Also it was nauseating how it was rigged for Raja to waltz to the win when Manilla is a zillion times more talented.

by Anonymousreply 537April 1, 2020 2:47 PM

R535 I believe Al & Chuck Travel totally flaked in paying out their share of the winnings or something like that. I'll have to find a link.

by Anonymousreply 538April 1, 2020 3:54 PM

Season 3 is far and away the best, just for Untucked alone. Shangela/Mimi aside you had people like Mariah who was great. “A pineapple gown with glitter on it... bitch!” “Raja I LOVE your washed up supermodel... I really do... 😬”

and of course she wrote “CONDRAGULATIONS RAJA” on the mirror all cunty when she left but they tried to mostly edit it out lol

And Shangela/Alexis Untucked are by far the best untucked scenes. The military challenge they were just ruthless. Alexis talking about Raja’s fucked up googly eye is probably one of my fave moments.

by Anonymousreply 539April 1, 2020 9:38 PM

AFAIR, Absolut's "gay sponsorships" dropped everywhere -- at least for a while. I think I've seen them again around pride time, but they're not chasing the gay money the way they used to.

by Anonymousreply 540April 1, 2020 9:43 PM

Looks like AlandChuck.travel shut down back in 2017.

Reading some articles and archived Reddit discussions, it seems that there were mismanagement issues and shady business practices behind the scenes. Queens no longer wanted to do gigs on their cruises, and the cruises themselves stopped being gay-exclusive in order to fill cabins.

by Anonymousreply 541April 1, 2020 10:10 PM

R535 I'm sure someone who knows better than me will comment, but I think Absolut Vodka ended the sponsorship, not VH1. Apparently Absolut reduced their LGBT-related advertising/sponsorships around that time in general, is what I've heard.

by Anonymousreply 542April 1, 2020 11:14 PM

When Absolut began marketing to gay people with its rainbow bottle ad, it locked in the gay marketplace as *the* iconic corporate supporter of LGBT civil rights. That market was quickly diluted when other companies realized that they could easily gain loyalty by pandering to a group of individual adults who tend to spend more money on personal indulgences than straight parents do. So it was smart, and then it became less smart.

I used to aspire to write for LGBT media. And then I did. And I got on press lists. And I quickly learned that businesses quickly learned to clamor for gay audiences because of the relatively high ROI. And then gay media became all about selling and image and little else. And then the market became less concentrated and less isolated because of growing acceptance and a lot of businesses basically figured out gay people are pretty much like other people and there’s no way for anyone to become what Absolut once was in the gay market.

by Anonymousreply 543April 1, 2020 11:25 PM

When Absolut began marketing to gay people with its rainbow bottle ad, it locked in the gay marketplace as *the* iconic corporate supporter of LGBT civil rights. That market was quickly diluted when other companies realized that they could easily gain loyalty by pandering to a group of individual adults who tend to spend more money on personal indulgences than straight parents do. So it was smart, and then it became less smart.

I used to aspire to write for LGBT media. And then I did. And I got on press lists. And I quickly learned that businesses quickly learned to clamor for gay audiences because of the relatively high ROI. And then gay media became all about selling and image and little else. And then the market became less concentrated and less isolated because of growing acceptance and a lot of businesses basically figured out gay people are pretty much like other people and there’s no way for anyone to become what Absolut once was in the gay market.

by Anonymousreply 544April 1, 2020 11:25 PM

First few minutes of this Friday's episode. Kind of surprised that they're doing Snatch Game so early, with 10 queens. Last year they did it when they were down to 8. Just hoping that each queen gets enough screen time in the final edit.

Brita.... UGH. Her inability to shut up is making people sympathetic towards Aiden. AIDEN.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 545April 1, 2020 11:45 PM

Brita is doing Jennifer Holliday for the Snatch Game? She really is delusional, isn't she?

by Anonymousreply 546April 1, 2020 11:53 PM

I actually guessed whatshername, Leslie Jones not Tina Turner. he missed an opportunity

by Anonymousreply 547April 2, 2020 12:15 AM

I've just started re-watching season 2. I forgot how awful Shangela looked! One queen I've never been able to warm up to is Morgan McMichaels.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 548April 2, 2020 12:20 AM

Morgan was just fucking mean on her season. Honestly I think the best season was season 5 - Alyssa/coco, Rolaskatox, Jinx being a seattle queen and winning it all. Serena Chacha, Monica Beverly Hillz and her tranz admission. Roxy being left at the bus stop then her mom being at the finale...it was a season of gold.

by Anonymousreply 549April 2, 2020 2:05 AM

[quote]The fandom would have freaked out if Nicky--who is not only not a POC but is not American--got too far in the competition so she had to go.

Huh? Where do you get this SJW paranoia? Nicky was very sexy as a girl, but very average as a drag star in a competition. There's your answer.

by Anonymousreply 550April 2, 2020 2:26 AM

WTF are trannies doing on a FUCKING DRAG SHOW!?

Bitches, just GO AWAY with your nonsense! Drag is GUYS IN DRESSES. PERIOD!

Brita is like a Filipino Tracy Turnblad if Amber Von Tussle were the heroine of "Hairspray". She's really a relentless ogre....and those TEEFS!

by Anonymousreply 551April 2, 2020 3:05 AM

I wish some of these stupid bitches would realize that you're supposed to be funny with your answers in Snatch Game - not doing all kinds of dumb stuff when others are talking....interrupting everything.

You can be "in character" and not be annoying.....NOT FUNNY.....

by Anonymousreply 552April 2, 2020 2:07 PM

It's strange that some of these people haven't learned that the way to win Snatch Game is by making RuPaul laugh and that to make a 50something gay black man laugh in 2020, you need to make references to people or things that he's familiar with. Phyllis Diller? Yes. A Kardashian or some current YouTube celebrity? No.

by Anonymousreply 553April 2, 2020 3:45 PM

The odd thing about Morgan McMichaels is he looks more feminine when he's not in drag, and I find his teeth to be distracting like Brita's.

by Anonymousreply 554April 2, 2020 4:01 PM

So I recognize Thorgy on that new show and Bebe Zahara Benet but who are the other queens?

Didn’t somebody here suggest a show where drag queens give make-overs to regular women???

They stole your idea, I’d sue 😳

by Anonymousreply 555April 2, 2020 7:15 PM

I'm not exactly disagreeing with you, R553, but DL's favorite drag queen won Snatch Game last year by portraying TS Madison.

[quote]Didn’t somebody here suggest a show where drag queens give make-overs to regular women???

Doesn't that describe what Drag U was? It's been over 7 years since that show got cancelled.

by Anonymousreply 556April 2, 2020 9:13 PM

hey guys R518 here...thanks for the suggestions! It does seem like season 5 had some of the biggest personalities which have persevered since their season.... I really wish I could find the DL threads from each of the seasons too! One question that popped in my head about season 5 and DL: did anyone ever try to explain why white guy Roxxxy (or white adjacent !) always wore blackface in his drag? Coco got raked for being orange, but Roxxy was darker than Coco!

by Anonymousreply 557April 3, 2020 1:36 PM

Here you go, boo

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 558April 3, 2020 1:40 PM

Part Deux:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 559April 3, 2020 1:42 PM

Roxxxy is Latino. She never did blackface gtfo

Raja did African tongue clicks tho and the frauen LOVED her lol

by Anonymousreply 560April 3, 2020 3:13 PM

Raja does whiteface.

by Anonymousreply 561April 3, 2020 3:23 PM

Isn't Raja moroccan? Roxy is latino and lives in florida - so she is always tan. Coco looked like a fucking dorito.

by Anonymousreply 562April 3, 2020 3:25 PM

Raja is Indonesian.

by Anonymousreply 563April 3, 2020 3:37 PM

Thanks R558... nothing was coming up for me...I appreciate it!

by Anonymousreply 564April 3, 2020 4:52 PM

I am 99 percent sure Raja is Indonesian. Where did you get Moroccan?

by Anonymousreply 565April 3, 2020 5:21 PM

r565 I dunno I remembered he said he was from somewhere - for some reason Moroccan stuck in my head.

by Anonymousreply 566April 3, 2020 6:39 PM

Maybe she's Macadamian - what I choose when I want to nut.

by Anonymousreply 567April 3, 2020 7:09 PM

These S12 queens have learned the value of sharing their sob stories early, in weeks 2 and 3, and not waiting until late in the season or the finals. However, it does sort of seem like a Victimpalooza where everyone is shouting at once about their disapproving mother except Gigi. But I'm sure we'll soon hear Gigi's sob story.

by Anonymousreply 568April 3, 2020 11:13 PM

So with the pandemic, I'm sure all the tours ( Rupaul, Trixie, Jinkx, Shangela, Bendela etc) have been cancelled. And bars are closing, so how will these drag queens make money?

Would you really want to have to wear gloves and clorox down all the dollar bills you get?

by Anonymousreply 569April 3, 2020 11:19 PM

A lot of them are doing digital drag shows. Most of the bigger names have quite a few lines of revenue beyond their tours. They will be fine. It will be more the b and C list queens who really struggle.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 570April 3, 2020 11:29 PM

Vangie is still terrible

by Anonymousreply 571April 4, 2020 1:01 AM

Vangie fucked with her face and looks weird now.

by Anonymousreply 572April 4, 2020 1:15 AM

I still love Miss Vangie.

by Anonymousreply 573April 4, 2020 1:36 AM

Brita has to be one of the most delusional queens ever to (dis)grace our screens.

by Anonymousreply 574April 4, 2020 1:43 AM

A palette cleanser. The wonderful Cristina Bianco does THE Bernadette parody. It's pretty brilliant.

[quote] I'm not Betty Buckley.

Snatch Game is always a let down. Heidi was thinking what? She's so charming and funny but she's nothing like Leslie Jones. Lazy bad choice. Gigi was smart - she's for sure a robot. Jan is the Miz Cracker of the season - her alleged talents just don't shine through.

His wig was nowhere near choppy and signature enough - but Jackie was the BEST as Lisa Rinna.

I still love Miss Vangie too. She fucked with her face and teeth the moment she had money. She looks a bit better now. Still funny and charming and clueless as fuck.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 575April 4, 2020 1:43 AM

But Brita is the Queen of New York City! She’s our queen, if you will.

by Anonymousreply 576April 4, 2020 1:48 AM

Then thank the deities that I'm nowhere near NYC. They can have her big mouthed bass ass.

by Anonymousreply 577April 4, 2020 1:52 AM

I died when Brita said she was our queen! As if! And what an insult to every other queen working here. Marti G Cummings may often be a hot mess, but he’s more of our local hardworking queen than Brita will ever be.

I can’t believe the cut Sherry’s walk down the runway. That’s the first time they’ve done that.

by Anonymousreply 578April 4, 2020 2:00 AM

Yeah it’d be distracting, confusing, and weird if Ru and crew oohed and ahhed too much over Sherry

by Anonymousreply 579April 4, 2020 2:06 AM

I have seen Brita perform in NYC a few times, not really impressed. I was actually suprised she got on RPDR>

by Anonymousreply 580April 4, 2020 2:43 AM

Man, Gigi is just killing it! However, that spiel about "fluidity" makes me think that a pronoun change to they/them is around the corner.

Crystal avoids the bottom two [italic]again[/italic]? Like Jonathan Bennett, Miss Vanjie and RuPaul, I had no idea who Poppy was either.

Brita can lip sync only so many times before they send her ass packing, so that's comforting.

by Anonymousreply 581April 4, 2020 3:20 AM

R576 I thought that title belonged to Miz Cracker.

by Anonymousreply 582April 4, 2020 3:27 AM

Trinity the Tuck keeps bringing it. Live stream Drag shows, fun ask me anything nights on Twitter and the other night she gave away $100 to three random fans. Trinity was doing high drag for a decade before she was on Drag Race and as bitchy and plastic as she may be - she is grateful for all that world travel and RuGirl money. THAT's a drag queen. She's using her isolation time to have fun with her fans. I always thought she was an all round winner. (without *cough* Monet)

And this about Crystal Methyd....Ha.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 583April 4, 2020 3:32 AM

We I guess Aiden isn't ftm

by Anonymousreply 584April 4, 2020 3:41 AM

Well that Snatch Game was pretty underwhelming given the high hopes for this season.

Gigi is the quickest on her feet, I guess.

Ru finally got his chance to make physical contact with Crystal this week. The thirst is real.

by Anonymousreply 585April 4, 2020 4:35 AM

I’m sure Sherry is a shitty person (even if her victims seem like morons), but I really feel like we’re being robbed of a truly great season with the hack job editing job to minimize her.

by Anonymousreply 586April 4, 2020 4:42 AM

I was impressed that Gigi who is young (21?) was so clear-headed and down-to-earth during his fluidity statements. He seems like a good guy and not an attention whore, at least about gender-based expectations.

by Anonymousreply 587April 4, 2020 5:04 AM

I think Ru is wishing that Crystal would live up to her charmingly retro and ironic haircut by displaying some sense of camp or cheekiness that it implies, but it's just not happening. I'm shocked by how many queens on this show lack any sort of pop culture knowledge or vocabulary that predates the year 2000. I think to be a good drag queen, you have to be quick and clever and be able to identify and borrow from a variety of references. I don't think age necessarily has anything to do with it either, as evinced by Gigi this season, who is killing it this season.

by Anonymousreply 588April 4, 2020 5:24 AM

That Aiden did not do Bette Davis for Snatch Game is one of the stupidest things I've ever seen. That was painful to watch.

by Anonymousreply 589April 4, 2020 7:35 AM

“Snatch Game was disappointing.”

It’s always disappointing. One or two funny-ish people, most unfunny, a few dreadful.

I was impressed with Gigi this week. I haven’t been her biggest fan, but the performance was the standout. The Lisa Rinna one wasn’t a convincing impersonation but it was pretty funny.

The rest...oh, dear.

by Anonymousreply 590April 4, 2020 8:44 AM

Yes, Aiden as Bette Davis and Heidi as Diana Ross. What missed oportunities! Oh, and Sherry wasn't very good as Hepburn, but next to so many truly bad performances, I guess it looked a lot better. Some of it was a direct steal from Alexandra Billings' brilliant Katie's Corner.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 591April 4, 2020 11:14 AM

Vangie was right about Heidi. She could be a perfect Phaedra Parks if she knew who she is. Her face is right for it, her accent is close, her wit is similar. Heidi would do well to look into her. I can imagine her doing a better Wanda Sykes than she did Leslie Jones.

Widow could have been a good Leslie Jones, though. She looks more like her and her build is closer, and all she would have to do would be to yell a lot and be totally over the top about everything. Maybe pretend to screw up reading cue cards.

by Anonymousreply 592April 4, 2020 11:25 AM

Vangie was right about Heidi. She could be a perfect Phaedra Parks if she knew who she is. Her face is right for it, her accent is close, her wit is similar. Heidi would do well to look into her. I can imagine her doing a better Wanda Sykes than she did Leslie Jones.

Widow could have been a good Leslie Jones, though. She looks more like her and her build is closer, and all she would have to do would be to yell a lot and be totally over the top about everything. Maybe pretend to screw up reading cue cards.

by Anonymousreply 593April 4, 2020 11:25 AM

Okay, I always defend Snatch Game against the haters but....

that was a train wreck.

by Anonymousreply 594April 4, 2020 11:41 AM

Omigod, Sherrie Pie as Kate Hepburn - Dunaway was better in Boston and Faye didn't even attempt the shakes and quaky voice.

by Anonymousreply 595April 4, 2020 11:48 AM

BUT that fucking robot stole the show

by Anonymousreply 596April 4, 2020 11:51 AM

R595 Did you just compare the performances of an Oscar-winning professional actress and a sex criminal who dresses as a woman on a reality show?

by Anonymousreply 597April 4, 2020 11:53 AM

When was Kate Hepburn obese haha

It's like when Delta Work did Cher - it was like just NO bitch

by Anonymousreply 598April 4, 2020 11:54 AM

R597

I did

I'm obsessed with Faye, so every road leads to her.

But I take your point haha

by Anonymousreply 599April 4, 2020 11:56 AM

Heidi looked like Dina Ross last week, don't know why she didn't do it again and I am so sorry to see Aiden go, he was my favorite. I cannot stand the big mouth one, who thinks she's the queen of NY drag.

by Anonymousreply 600April 4, 2020 12:12 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!