Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Mary Hart and John Tesh reunion on tonight's ET!

MARY!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56February 26, 2020 7:34 PM

She's too fat to cross her legs now!!!!

by Anonymousreply 1February 26, 2020 12:02 AM

That bitch!

by Anonymousreply 2February 26, 2020 12:05 AM

She doesn't look fat, but she stayed too long at the filler bar!

by Anonymousreply 3February 26, 2020 12:05 AM

I haven't watched it since they left. Maybe I'll check it out.

by Anonymousreply 4February 26, 2020 12:10 AM

How have these two escaped the grim reaper?

by Anonymousreply 5February 26, 2020 12:34 AM

That's great. What's the occasion for the reunion?

by Anonymousreply 6February 26, 2020 12:47 AM

Why is he clinging to that hairdo?

by Anonymousreply 7February 26, 2020 12:49 AM

How very...700 Club

by Anonymousreply 8February 26, 2020 12:50 AM

Will John play his horrifying "music" for those who tune in?

by Anonymousreply 9February 26, 2020 1:05 AM

Did anyone ever see this hilarious story about Tesh returning his National Radio Hall of Fame award because his wife droned on?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10February 26, 2020 1:11 AM

True story: John Tesh and Oprah used to be fuck buds, in the 80s.

by Anonymousreply 11February 26, 2020 1:36 AM

R11 Don’t you mean Eskimo sisters?

by Anonymousreply 12February 26, 2020 1:37 AM

[quote] Did anyone ever see this hilarious story about Tesh returning his National Radio Hall of Fame award because his wife droned on?

His wife Hotel star Connie Sellecca, she looks great.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13February 26, 2020 1:46 AM

Entertainment Tonight was very popular in the pre-internet days. Everybody watched ET back then.

by Anonymousreply 14February 26, 2020 1:57 AM

Mary Hart's legs were insured by Lloyd's of London.

by Anonymousreply 15February 26, 2020 2:00 AM

Mary has apparently been eating good lately!

by Anonymousreply 16February 26, 2020 2:01 AM

I'm kinda of surprised Mary Hart didn't go to work for a network to try and fill the celebrity interview void left by Barbara Walters. I could see her doing a yearly Oscar and 10 most fascinating people type specials.

by Anonymousreply 17February 26, 2020 2:01 AM

"Why is he clinging to that hairdo?"

WIGS R US

by Anonymousreply 18February 26, 2020 2:14 AM

Really? Who gives a f@ck?

by Anonymousreply 19February 26, 2020 2:18 AM

[quote]Mary has apparently been eating good lately!

When I saw her behind homeplate at Dodger Stadium, I mistook her for John Madden, then remembered he died.

by Anonymousreply 20February 26, 2020 2:19 AM

I missed them.

by Anonymousreply 21February 26, 2020 2:22 AM

I saw it and enjoyed it. Both of them were in tears talking about John's recent health struggles.

by Anonymousreply 22February 26, 2020 2:22 AM

Is Mary the person whose voice caused a viewer to have seizures and lose consciousness? Something about Mary's voice triggered the woman's condition. It became a news story awhile.

by Anonymousreply 23February 26, 2020 2:24 AM

R23 I thought that was just a plot point on Seinfeld?

by Anonymousreply 24February 26, 2020 2:25 AM

Yes:

Albany woman

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25February 26, 2020 2:26 AM

I miss ET back in the day, it wasn't so ass kissing like it is now, EVERYONE WAS NOT a 'superstar" and they regularly had segments on playgirl models, male strippers, male hunks and so on...

by Anonymousreply 26February 26, 2020 2:27 AM

Bangs. No good on any man.

by Anonymousreply 27February 26, 2020 2:28 AM

John Madden is still alive r20.

by Anonymousreply 28February 26, 2020 3:04 AM

The seizure thing was the highlight of her career and the only reason anyone would remember her. Tesh with "song stylings" even more of a has been.

by Anonymousreply 29February 26, 2020 3:13 AM

Shit, R28. I thought he died.

by Anonymousreply 30February 26, 2020 3:21 AM

I thought one of them had died!

by Anonymousreply 31February 26, 2020 4:03 AM

Live! At RedRocks!

by Anonymousreply 32February 26, 2020 4:07 AM

R31 Which one?

by Anonymousreply 33February 26, 2020 4:07 AM

Ron Hendren we hardly knew ye.

by Anonymousreply 34February 26, 2020 4:18 AM

I remember when ET premiered in 1981. I was 16 years old (54 now). OMG, we thought it was the greatest thing ever and watched it every night. As someone upthread mentioned, it was such a different era for stars back then. There was no Internet, which meant you had to go to the grocery store and buy PEOPLE magazine every week as well as TV Guide, US Magazine, and Rona Barrett's two mags, Gossip and Hollywood. And if you wanted to see stars on TV, you watched Entertainment Tonight (or Lifestyles of the Rich & Famous if you wanted to see what their houses looked like). Oh, and by "stars," I mean people with actual talent -- there were no reality-show stars back then. Like I said, a totally different era.

by Anonymousreply 35February 26, 2020 4:48 AM

Mary's still got it, she could host the show today and she should.

by Anonymousreply 36February 26, 2020 5:08 AM

And there was a sense of class to it too r35. It wasn't trashy. We didn't have the Kartrashians and Paris Hilton and any of those bottom feeders.

Leonard Maltin was a respected film critic and he would regularly appear on the show. There were thoughtful interviews, not sound bites, and cheesy banter (for the most part).

by Anonymousreply 37February 26, 2020 5:42 AM

I loved Entertainment Tonight when I was in junior high, and looked forward to watching it daily. I still remember Hart's hyper earnest reporting. She would report on a starlets divorce with the same somber and pained expression worn by CNN anchors breaking the story of a plane crash.

It was hilarious how much the anchors sucked up to the big stars in what were, in hindsight, clearly scripted interviews.

by Anonymousreply 38February 26, 2020 5:44 AM

It was SUCH an 80s show, and I mean that in a good way. As others have said, there was still a lot of glamour to show business and far less talentless people and no reality show bottom feeders.

Mary Hart was actually very good at interviews. She really got people to open up when she talked to them, it wasn't all softball stuff.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39February 26, 2020 5:53 AM

Entertainment news shows today are all garbage. I don't watch any of it anymore. I might watch something that interests me if it pops up on my YouTube feed. But other than that, no.

Entertainment tonight really was the go to show if you wanted to see what was going on in Hollywood, and what was up with your favorite Stars. And yes, I'm talking real Stars, not reality TV trash. Real genuine A-list Movie and TV Stars etc.

The internet is great, but it also ruined a lot of things at the same time. I guess it's a tradeoff.

I miss the old Mary Hart ET, those were the days.

by Anonymousreply 40February 26, 2020 6:05 AM

I gave Rob Weller head at a wedding reception.

by Anonymousreply 41February 26, 2020 6:36 AM

^Robb Weller

by Anonymousreply 42February 26, 2020 6:41 AM

Jesus saved Tesh. It was his FAITH that saw him through his miraculous cancer recovery.

by Anonymousreply 43February 26, 2020 6:50 AM

AWESOME GREAT LAST POSTS EVERYONE!.. looking back we didn't know how good we had it with the ET of the 80s.... back when the show had ACTUAL stars, REAL stars, A-list talents... now? EVERYONE is a "star", if not a "superstar".. it's utterly ridiculous and the hosts suck as well, in their monumental ass kissing.... as it is? the hosts think THEY ARE stars and superstars including their "expert opinion commentary" on everything and other yapping yapping..

by Anonymousreply 44February 26, 2020 12:07 PM

Well FUCK them!

by Anonymousreply 45February 26, 2020 2:22 PM

I always found her way too saccharine and fake.

by Anonymousreply 46February 26, 2020 2:46 PM

ET also had interviews with Golden Age stars, which were always fun. The ancient, post-stroke Bette Davis was always a highlight when she went on ET.

by Anonymousreply 47February 26, 2020 3:03 PM

Leeza Gibbons and John Tesh had their own show which bombed but then she had her own successful show right after.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48February 26, 2020 3:12 PM

Mary Hart is probably glad she got out when she did. She had been interviewing REAL stars since the show started, but by the end of her tenure, they were forcing her to cover stories on reality TV trash. Could you imagine having to cover stories on trash like the Kuntdashians on a daily basis?

by Anonymousreply 49February 26, 2020 4:19 PM

What kind of health problems has John had?

by Anonymousreply 50February 26, 2020 4:20 PM

R49.. hear hear i agree.. back in the good days of ET as i stated previously stars were actual stars, superstars real actual superstars and it was classy and yet they also managed to throw in the next playgirl centerfold, male strippers and male hunks segments too! awesome!..

by Anonymousreply 51February 26, 2020 4:53 PM

Leeza just isn't a pretty name.

by Anonymousreply 52February 26, 2020 4:55 PM

Lord, I remember ET premiering in '81, too. My sister and I watched it every night in our room. On a 12" T.V. with rabbit ears. Good times!

by Anonymousreply 53February 26, 2020 5:04 PM

John and Mary were great back in the day. ET felt like an actual newscast - not in a hard-hitting, Walter Kronkite way, but in that it broke real entertainment news and emphasized the business. The entertainment shows now are embarrassing. It’s all about the “anchors” jockeying to shoe horn their annoying personalities into every goddamn moment and, as someone mentioned up thread, just kissing nonstop celebrity ass. They actually make their red carpet interactions “news.” “When we come back, see what happens when Kit meets her celebrity crush!” Who gives a fuck?!?! They all carry on in such an embarrassing manner. Everything is awful now.

by Anonymousreply 54February 26, 2020 5:08 PM

r49 I would bet money that's why Mary Hart left when she did. When you're used to sitting down with Steven Spielberg and Tom Hanks and then you're told you have to interview the latest Bachelorette or Kate Gosselin etc. you can't blame her for bailing out.

by Anonymousreply 55February 26, 2020 5:50 PM

Connie Selleca said that one of the perks of being married to John Tesh was they took her out of the birthday announcements.

by Anonymousreply 56February 26, 2020 7:34 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!