Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

What old man stuff do you do now that you didn’t when you were younger? Part 2

Link to Part 1:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 132March 22, 2020 2:58 PM

Please wait until Part 1 is full, you old whores.

by Anonymousreply 1February 25, 2020 11:07 AM

In can't stand anyone who's cheerful and smiles all the time especially if they're under 30.

by Anonymousreply 2February 25, 2020 12:43 PM

Worry about what I eat. When I was young, I could eat anything I wanted and never gained a pound. I'm also having to avoid some foods. I was sick recently for a few weeks, and didn't eat much in the way of dairy. During that time, I noticed my skin didn't seem to itch. I attributed it to my not being able to feel anything because my senses were dulled because of flu.

Then I started feeling better, and ate some sour cream for the first time in a month. Also some ice cream. And last night my skin started getting itchy again.

So no more sour cream or ice cream. Somehow, Parmigiano-Reggiano doesn't bother me (I ate quite a bit of it with soup while I was sick).

by Anonymousreply 3February 25, 2020 12:46 PM

I like to wear those bigass sunglasses you put on over your own and pretend I’m Hillary Clinton.

by Anonymousreply 4February 25, 2020 12:57 PM

R3 That’s because parmigiano reggiano is lactose and galactose free. During the process it loses its lactose. So does. So is yogurt made from sheeps milk.

by Anonymousreply 5February 25, 2020 12:58 PM

I want a nap after most meals.

by Anonymousreply 6February 25, 2020 1:42 PM

Thanks, r5. Can I eat other cheeses? I also like Alta Badia, from Trentino-Alto-Adige, which is kind of like Gruyere. And provolone or Swiss in sandwiches.

by Anonymousreply 7February 25, 2020 1:45 PM

[quote] I want a nap after most meals.

You may have a degree of hypoglycemia (low blood sugar). Take a look at what you're eating. Sugar & starches are the worst culprits to make your BS go lower. Stick with high protein foods for a few days, eschewing all sugar and starch (including breads). If you stop getting sleepy after meals you'll know why.

But then, you may enjoy these little naps. In that case forget what I advised above. LOL

by Anonymousreply 8February 25, 2020 2:00 PM

[quote] That’s because parmigiano reggiano is lactose and galactose free

That’s out of this world!

by Anonymousreply 9February 25, 2020 2:02 PM

R7 I would avoid soft cheeses, like Brie, Camembert, Mozzarellas, and cottage cheeses, they tend to be higher in lactose. But hard, aged (the longer, the better) have trace to no lactose.

by Anonymousreply 10February 25, 2020 2:02 PM

[quote] But hard, aged (the longer, the better)

Tee hee.

by Anonymousreply 11February 25, 2020 2:05 PM

Thanks, r10. I've already given up on Brie-like cheeses, as I used to eat them on bread, which I gave up. I have never eaten cottage cheese. I will miss mozzarella. I think if I limit it to one pizza a week (if that), I should be okay. I want to get rid of this itching thing, now that I have a clear idea of what's causing it.

by Anonymousreply 12February 25, 2020 2:06 PM

You’re welcome R12. I gave up dairy about 4 months ago and was so glad when I found out about Parmigiano. Also, I sub full-fat Oat milk for regular milk. It’s the closest to milk that I’ve found. I like the Oatly brand. I sub it for milk when I make creamy sauces for pasta. I also use coconut milk/cream in my dishes instead of regular milk/cream. And I’ve been anxious to try almond ricotta to make ravioli. I’ve heard Kate Hill brand is good. There are lots of alternatives to dairy nowadays.

by Anonymousreply 13February 25, 2020 2:29 PM

Eat healthy, cook, stay home, drink less, extremely frugal.

by Anonymousreply 14February 25, 2020 2:31 PM

I used to run up and down the stairs to the subway 2 steps at a time now I walk up and down the stairs making sure I step on every riser.

by Anonymousreply 15February 25, 2020 2:50 PM

I’m busy still coveting this recliner from the previous thread!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16February 25, 2020 3:20 PM

I'm coveting the hot DILF laying back in that recliner.

by Anonymousreply 17February 25, 2020 3:25 PM

Think the 70’s were 30 years ago.

by Anonymousreply 18February 25, 2020 3:46 PM

Thinking

by Anonymousreply 19February 25, 2020 3:50 PM

The 70s ended 40 years ago....started 50 years ago.

by Anonymousreply 20February 25, 2020 4:24 PM

Oh bullshit, r20. That can’t possibly be true.

Lemme see, carry the 2, add that denomi....oh SHIT!

by Anonymousreply 21February 25, 2020 5:33 PM

[quote]I want a nap after most meals.

I just woke up from my lunch nap (yawn).

by Anonymousreply 22February 25, 2020 6:09 PM

oh to regain full continence again, well something to live for.

by Anonymousreply 23February 25, 2020 6:40 PM

My cholesterol was always borderline (200 range). My diet is relatively good except I've been eating a lot of McDonald's and other takeout food the last few months. I took a fasting blood test and my cholesterol number shot up about 50-60 points. I was in shock, somehow. I haven't had takeout food (including McDonald's) ever since the blood test results.

You realize that everything does catch up with you.

by Anonymousreply 24February 25, 2020 6:47 PM

R17 that’s how I know I am old! I noticed the recliner before the hot DILF!

by Anonymousreply 25February 25, 2020 7:08 PM

Repeat myself and talk to myself

by Anonymousreply 26February 25, 2020 7:36 PM

I can’t wait to get out of bed in the morning so I can turn on the TV to see if Rush Limbaugh is dead yet.

by Anonymousreply 27February 25, 2020 8:35 PM

^^ROFLMAO!! Me too pal, me to! I will dance a jig the day that pig croaks.

by Anonymousreply 28February 25, 2020 8:41 PM

Be careful, r28.

by Anonymousreply 29February 25, 2020 8:49 PM

At 60, I find myself unable to use most younger lingo. Somehow "chill" is okay, but the idea of "rad," "sick," or god knows what else the whippersnappers are saying nowadays passing my lips is unthinkable.

by Anonymousreply 30February 25, 2020 8:55 PM

Word, r30!

by Anonymousreply 31February 25, 2020 8:57 PM

In the workplace, I must admit I do occasionally make a conscious effort to use current buzzwords and phrases, just to seem somewhat with-it. I'll start a sentence with "so" and end it with "right?" I'm a regular tech bro! Sometimes I attempt a little upspeak? I pronounce things "amazing" and gush how "privileged" I am to be working on this or that. I suggest having "discussions around" something, and throw the word "space" around liberally.

I refuse, however, to say "y'all." Who am I, Tennessee Ernie Ford?

by Anonymousreply 32February 25, 2020 9:18 PM

I find it hard to believe people still working may think of themselves as old. I never felt old until I retired. Once I retired I lost my identity and have fought with unhappiness more than a time or two my career was a huge part of who I was.

by Anonymousreply 33February 25, 2020 11:25 PM

Sometimes it’s the job itself that makes you feel old, r33. Especially when you can’t do the same things you did 10, 15, or 20 years ago.

by Anonymousreply 34February 25, 2020 11:33 PM

Post on Datalounge.

by Anonymousreply 35February 25, 2020 11:37 PM

[quote]At 60, I find myself unable to use most younger lingo.

That's a good thing, R30. I find it a little unseemly when those of us who are old enough to remember when "boss" meant "cool" attempt to adopt the lingo of "these kids today." It always sounds a bit undignified and desperate.

by Anonymousreply 36February 25, 2020 11:55 PM

"Boss" was used in Easy Rider in 1969

by Anonymousreply 37February 26, 2020 12:08 AM

[quote]I find it hard to believe people still working may think of themselves as old. I never felt old until I retired. Once I retired I lost my identity and have fought with unhappiness more than a time or two my career was a huge part of who I was.

I always thought I would feel that way, R33, so I kept working until I was 67, even though I could have retired at 65 or even earlier. Apparently my career wasn't a huge part of who I was, though, because I now regret not having retired sooner. I'm enjoying retirement but also realize I only have a certain number of "good years" left, years when I will feel well enough to remain active. I wish I had been kinder to myself.

by Anonymousreply 38February 26, 2020 12:08 AM

[quote] Once I retired I lost my identity and have fought with unhappiness more than a time or two[.] [M]y career was a huge part of who I was.

I was un- or under-employed for an extended period of time. I did feel the loss of status and identity. Now, I've been back in the work grind for years. I don't cling (I hope not) strongly to my work identity any more. Now I know you have to have something else besides that.

R38, it's good to hear your story. I hope you have lots of healthy retirement years.

by Anonymousreply 39February 26, 2020 12:20 AM

Thanks, R39. So far, so good!

by Anonymousreply 40February 26, 2020 12:25 AM

Yeah, I remember as a kid rolling my eyes at older people trying to be hip. You can look cool and still act your age.

by Anonymousreply 41February 26, 2020 12:31 AM

A lot of men rarely update their denim, which are an instant era-reveal.

When in doubt, wear different pants.

by Anonymousreply 42February 26, 2020 2:18 AM

I buy new jeans to avoid that, r42. But the older ones are more comfortable.

by Anonymousreply 43February 26, 2020 2:47 AM

I now buy jeans from L.L. Bean that have hidden elastic in the waist.

by Anonymousreply 44February 26, 2020 2:54 AM

When I shop for new clothes it's all about comfort and less about style.

by Anonymousreply 45February 26, 2020 10:24 AM

I don't have to worry about changing fashions. I've been wearing sole sweat pants EVERY day since ca. 2008.

by Anonymousreply 46February 26, 2020 1:18 PM

SOLEY sweat pants every day

by Anonymousreply 47February 26, 2020 1:18 PM

I’m really into flannel shirts now more than ever! They’re so warm and so handy!

by Anonymousreply 48February 26, 2020 1:58 PM

I like to sit on the edge of my bed and brush my teeth. If I stand at the sink my back gets tired easily and I don’t do as good of a job!

by Anonymousreply 49February 26, 2020 2:39 PM

I just leave mine in the glass, it’s easier.

by Anonymousreply 50February 26, 2020 2:44 PM

I always hated brushing my teeth at the sink, The whole rinsing over the sink was a pain. So I started doing everything, except voiding, in the shower. I shower, shave, & brush my teeth, gargle mouthwash, during my shower. I had new faucetry installed years back that includes a flow restrictor for the shower head so I can press a button and stop the water flow while I shave and brush my teeth and keep the hot water at the ready.

by Anonymousreply 51February 26, 2020 2:46 PM

Lose my balance more easily. I'm in my early 60s and have a tough time remaining steady (even when sober!). Often have to recalibrate myself by holding on to things. Used to be an avid cyclist so thought I would look into getting a new bike but had a hell of a time steadying myself on a bike at the store. Asked the doctor about it and nothing was wrong, just getting older. Do they make tricycles for adults?

by Anonymousreply 52February 26, 2020 3:05 PM

I took a look at the "Who will come out in 2020?" thread and didn't recognize a single name. Perhaps a lot of them were YouTube "stars."

by Anonymousreply 53February 26, 2020 3:21 PM

[quote]Do they make tricycles for adults?

They sure do, they’re called Rascals.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54February 26, 2020 3:36 PM

Here you go R52.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55February 26, 2020 3:42 PM

you can do special exercises for to help with balance R52. My uncle is 78 and still rides his bike 5 miles a day!

by Anonymousreply 56February 26, 2020 3:44 PM

At a school where I take classes, there are a lot of open stairways, i.e., you can see all the way down, and I just can't do that anymore. I take the elevator just to go one floor. I never had this problem when I was younger. I never liked open stairways, but I could manage. Now, I'm so afraid I'll fall, I just don't bother to try.

I'm 68. I have a friend who is 61 and is so smug about this not being a problem for him. I'm waiting 'til the day.

by Anonymousreply 57February 26, 2020 3:51 PM

I get overly concerned when a plant starts looking pale .... I didn't give a rat's about anything when I was 19. Now that I'm 24 my joints ache too.

by Anonymousreply 58February 26, 2020 3:55 PM

I started noticing the balance thing in my late 50s, so now when I get dressed or undressed I always stand while getting my underwear and pants on or off, so I have to balance on each foot without support. I think in my case it’s the leg muscles aren’t what they used to be. I’ll have to look into the exercises R56 mentioned. Both my mother and her brother needed walkers by their late 70s. I’m 63.

by Anonymousreply 59February 26, 2020 4:11 PM

[quote] My uncle is 78 and still rides his bike 5 miles a day!

And we have no idea where the hell he is today!

by Anonymousreply 60February 26, 2020 4:28 PM

Look into some of these bikes R52. At least when you fall over it won’t be that far!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61February 26, 2020 4:32 PM

The balance thing is real. And the fear of heights. Assume to has something to do with ears and hearing.

by Anonymousreply 62February 26, 2020 5:32 PM

R12 I think that most Mozzarella cheese in the USA is fake anyhow (Cheese analogue), you'll be fine with Pizza.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63February 26, 2020 5:53 PM

I started having a loud ring in both ears in my mid 40s (20 years ago) and it has never gone away. Nothing anyone has done has made any change in it.

by Anonymousreply 64February 26, 2020 6:04 PM

R64:

“Will somebody answer that goddamn phone?!”

by Anonymousreply 65February 26, 2020 7:25 PM

I'm starting to lose memories of childhood that I still had not that long ago. Which I guess makes sense but it's happening earlier than I expected, I'm 48.

by Anonymousreply 66February 26, 2020 7:42 PM

How do you know what you forgot ?

by Anonymousreply 67February 26, 2020 7:47 PM

[quote]I'm starting to lose memories of childhood that I still had not that long ago. Which I guess makes sense but it's happening earlier than I expected, I'm 48.

For me they're clearer than ever. Last week's a blur.

by Anonymousreply 68February 26, 2020 8:01 PM

The saddest thing for me is that I'm now 66 years old and I can no longer remember what my mother's voice sounded like. She died in the early 90s. I don't want to remember my father's voice, but I'm sad I don't have any recordings of my mother's voice.

by Anonymousreply 69February 26, 2020 8:45 PM

The problems with balance are pretty serious, and can creep up on you. I had a bad fall last year, and ended up in the hospital, then a nursing home (I'm 58). Since I was considered a fall risk, I wasn't allowed to walk without a physical therapist by my side with a belt around my waist, helping to support me. In the nursing home, they showed me that I had developed a tendency to start tipping over to my left side. I was completely unaware until they forced me to notice it. Mind you, I can still stand up from a sitting position, and walk across a room. But now, I have to map out my path, so there are things I can brace myself with while walking. And I won't go walking in a park without a cane and/or a (strong) friend.

by Anonymousreply 70February 26, 2020 11:37 PM

My grip strength is much weaker, and I have arthritis in my thumbs (only my thumbs, what the hell?!). I need pliers to pull open tabs or twist off bottle caps. Using a can opener hurts (I need to get an electric one at this point.) Don't even get me started on how everything is so tightly shrink-wrapped nowadays. I resonate with the going up and down stairs problems too. I'm 62 and this all started last year.

by Anonymousreply 71February 26, 2020 11:41 PM

[quote] But now, I have to map out my path. And I won't go walking in a park without a cane

You’re like a lesbian Magellan!

by Anonymousreply 72February 26, 2020 11:43 PM

Yoga is supposed to be good for maintaining balance into old age.

Why the fuck are we losing balance as we age anyway?

by Anonymousreply 73February 27, 2020 1:14 AM

[quote]Why the fuck are we losing balance as we age anyway?

Vertigo and dizziness affect about 70 percent of people 65 and older.

by Anonymousreply 74February 27, 2020 1:24 AM

I created a YouTube channel just for friends and family for videos just like that. I have a couple of my mom. I’m glad I can go watch them from time to time.

by Anonymousreply 75February 27, 2020 1:40 AM

Been having balance problems for a few years, I didn't know this was so common. I've fallen a couple of times in my own apartment. First time I just dropped forward onto my vacuum cleaner and cut my foot somehow. My apartment looked like I had been interning with a skid row slasher - there was blood [italic]everywhere![/italic] the other time I dropped and fell back hitting my head on the wall.

I know I'm going to end up one of those stories of neighbor's being concerned about a smell coming from my apartment (i.e. corpse).

by Anonymousreply 76February 27, 2020 2:34 AM

R76, It really is a serious problem for many of us. As long as I remember I have to be careful, it's not a problem. It's those times when you get up in the middle of the night that you really have to watch it. I've never had a broken bone until this last year. My friends and family know to check in on me, now.

by Anonymousreply 77February 27, 2020 2:39 AM

My.balance was seriously compromised by all the radiation I had to radiate my prostate cancer. It may not be the cause, but it all started after I completed some cyber knife treatments. It seems to become worse as time goes by. As dangerous as I find canes to be, I keep on in the care to get in and out.

by Anonymousreply 78February 27, 2020 5:16 AM

[quote]Vertigo and dizziness affect about 70 percent of people 65 and older.

Some of it is physical, some of it emotional, some of it may be your teeth.

As you age, your ear bits don't respond as quickly as they did when you were young, which affects your balance and may cause dizziness. That's why a 6 year old can spin around like a top and nothing happens to him. You do that and you're on the floor and the room is spinning.

Emotional trauma, both current and past, may bring on vertigo benign paroxysmal positional aka vertigo. If the dizziness meds - e.g., Betahistine, Suderone - don't help or the vertigo keeps returning, try an SSRI, such as Cipralex.

My late Father was diagnosed with Meniere's. Then he had a "rotten" tooth extracted by his dentist, and his Meniere's disappeared.

by Anonymousreply 79February 27, 2020 5:42 AM

Chronic vertigo is no joke!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 80February 27, 2020 11:19 AM

I got my groceries delivered earlier today. I never paid for things I could do myself. Now I do.

I once had a friend who is an engineer, as am I. When he once came over, I was fixing an electrical socket. and he asked me how I knew how to do that! I’m sure he took an intro to electrical engineering class. It’s a wonder! He went back to Greece.

by Anonymousreply 81February 28, 2020 4:20 AM

R71 did you play a lot of video games or something? Referring to the arthritis in your thumbs.

by Anonymousreply 82February 28, 2020 6:08 AM

Not r71, but I first got arthritis in my thumbs from lifting weights. Happened before I was ever online, video games, etc.

by Anonymousreply 83February 28, 2020 8:44 AM

You're supposed to lift with your arms, not your thumbs R83. Just joshing you - arthritis is a cruel mistress. It's gotten to both of my knees as well as my left hand. Don't care for it. Don't care for it at all.

Good luck to you, hope yours doesn't get too bad.

by Anonymousreply 84February 28, 2020 8:58 AM

I’m not too crazy over you either, bitch. Maybe if you didn’t use your left hand to jerk off neither of us would be here.

by Anonymousreply 85February 28, 2020 10:40 AM

How can I tell if I have arthritis in my back or if it’s just regular pain?

by Anonymousreply 86February 28, 2020 6:18 PM

Get an x-ray, r86.

by Anonymousreply 87February 28, 2020 6:49 PM

I developed arthritis in my spine. It limits my ability to even lift a coffee cup with that hand (called referred pain), and I can no longer sleep on my sides. I am hopeful that the pain comes and goes.

by Anonymousreply 88February 29, 2020 1:57 AM

I now fear slipping in the shower or when I step out of it (mine is in the tub not a walk in)

by Anonymousreply 89February 29, 2020 8:44 AM

r16 do you know the price? (not that I can afford it)

by Anonymousreply 90February 29, 2020 8:47 AM

I bought a shower chair, and wish I would have done it sooner.

by Anonymousreply 91February 29, 2020 9:13 AM

Here's a new one.

I seem to have forgotten basic math...I needed to work something pretty basic out re percentages etc...and I was just DAZED, like a rabbit in the headlights.

I also now need to wear my reading glasses to look at the food I'm eating...if I want to see it properly.

by Anonymousreply 92February 29, 2020 9:34 AM

I have been buying power tools and making things. Partner teasing me says I am becoming a lesbian.

by Anonymousreply 93February 29, 2020 10:34 AM

My old man milestone -- I am seriously considering hearing aids from either Costco or Sam's Club.

by Anonymousreply 94February 29, 2020 10:46 AM

R51 must most certainly be a prissy old queen. Who the hell uses words like "voiding" and "facucetry" in a casual conversation? Are you Quentin Crisp? I'm 59 and if I start coming across like that, please kill me immediately.

by Anonymousreply 95February 29, 2020 11:39 AM

r95, you left out "at the ready."

by Anonymousreply 96February 29, 2020 11:51 AM

[quote]I seem to have forgotten basic math...I needed to work something pretty basic out re percentages etc

I had the same problem I realized that when I have a basic math problem I take out my phone and use the calculator. I try not to use the calculator on my phone now and try to do the math in my head, it's a good brain exercise my math skills are returning.

by Anonymousreply 97February 29, 2020 1:34 PM

R90 Around $1,800. My friend has one and he added heat and massage to it. So now you’re looking at 2200. If you get one skip the massage part. It’s lame & not worth it.

by Anonymousreply 98March 1, 2020 12:19 AM

I went from knowing you were doing it all wrong to trying to explain why you are doing it all wrong.

by Anonymousreply 99March 1, 2020 2:22 AM

I love the massages in the airport that massage you. It’s great for jet lag. That’s another airport feature that will be dIscontinued, with this plague.

R95, I love that DataLounge stretches my vocabulary.

by Anonymousreply 100March 1, 2020 3:54 AM

I’m actually looking into a shower chair that fits into a tub. I’m really afraid of falling! Any recommendations?

by Anonymousreply 101March 1, 2020 6:03 AM

Yes, get one that fits in the tub

by Anonymousreply 102March 1, 2020 6:34 AM

A basic shower bench is probably around $50, give or take. Get one at Walgreens or any medical supply store. They're basic and they get the job done.

by Anonymousreply 103March 1, 2020 11:21 AM

[quote] That’s another airport feature that will be dIscontinued, with this plague. [quote]I love that DataLounge stretches my vocabulary.

Let’s hope we can do the same for your use of commas.

by Anonymousreply 104March 1, 2020 12:01 PM

I spend time searching the local Dollar Tree for pound cake.

by Anonymousreply 105March 1, 2020 10:44 PM

I got my shoer bench at one of those thrift stores for 7.00 here in Los Angeles.

by Anonymousreply 106March 2, 2020 1:09 AM

Well done, R106.

by Anonymousreply 107March 2, 2020 1:12 AM

Apparently, Google knows that I'm old, since I'm receiving targeted ads for in-home elevators. I sort of like the idea, What a way to make an appearance! I think the cat would just roll over and lick its butthole, though.

by Anonymousreply 108March 3, 2020 1:20 AM

There's a thing called ad blockers, you know...

by Anonymousreply 109March 3, 2020 1:50 AM

R109, I know (sort of). I had to call in my Internet provider to restore my connection today. I'm still re-setting devices. But the problem with ads goes back to my borrowing my BF's laptop after my PC died on me.

by Anonymousreply 110March 3, 2020 1:59 AM

I treat people with respect and dignity. I'm a much safer driver. I think about things other than myself. That's about it. I was a selfish punk.

by Anonymousreply 111March 3, 2020 2:12 AM

Now that I'm old, almost 4 score, I've evolve from a fashion plate into a fashionless tossed salad. Nothing is too non-matching to wear with something else. Mismatched everything is my "trademark." Sox never match as a pair. The more different the right is from left the more it pleases me. I treat shirts and pants the same. A couple of my sweet neighbors asked if I would like their help in segregating my closet by color, I thanked them and explained I dress as I do for safety, hoping it help me not being run over crossing heavy traffic etc. I even wear reflective sleeveless over jackets I buy at Ikea for 7.00, to walk the dog in the evening.

by Anonymousreply 112March 4, 2020 7:23 AM

[quote]A couple of my sweet neighbors asked if I would like their help in segregating my closet by color,

Are they racists? I mean I thought we were beyond that as a society.

by Anonymousreply 113March 4, 2020 10:14 AM

I wear snow pants to the bar to pick up tricks.

by Anonymousreply 114March 4, 2020 10:14 AM

I get terribly frustrated by all the remotes required to watch TV these days. Currently have by my side four remotes - the entertainment deployment arsenal - and it always takes me a few seconds to figure out which I need to use for what, so confusing. Harrumph.

by Anonymousreply 115March 9, 2020 11:10 PM

We are all still scared little kids inside.

by Anonymousreply 116March 9, 2020 11:15 PM

[quote]I get terribly frustrated by all the remotes required to watch TV these days. Currently have by my side four remotes - the entertainment deployment arsenal - and it always takes me a few seconds to figure out which I need to use for what, so confusing. Harrumph.

I put a sticker on one - the one that looks just like the other and it works.

by Anonymousreply 117March 9, 2020 11:34 PM

R117 Yes, but all the BUTTONS! Now there's one with a kind of touch screen - help!

by Anonymousreply 118March 9, 2020 11:36 PM

CBD tincture to mitigate all those aches and pains. What aches and pains, you say? Just fucking wait...

by Anonymousreply 119March 9, 2020 11:37 PM

[quote] Now there's one with a kind of touch screen - help!

I haven't seen those yet,

One of my new ones has "Alexa" - so I can just shout at it.

by Anonymousreply 120March 9, 2020 11:56 PM

R120....Well....I feel like an old codger even attempting to describe it, but basically it's all about touch rather than buttons. I was so angry at it - WHERE IS THE BUTTON, HOW DO I GET TO HBO - until I realized you have to, like, move your finger around this black field and click.

by Anonymousreply 121March 10, 2020 12:07 AM

I'm more concerned about coronavirus now than I would be if I were still youngish.

by Anonymousreply 122March 10, 2020 12:38 AM

I think twice now about darting across the street at the last second to catch the light. It's likely I would fall and these days people wouldn't stop.

by Anonymousreply 123March 10, 2020 6:03 AM

Yes, yes, r123, a thousand times yes. I don't jaywalk at all anymore. I can't trust my right knee to make it across the street anymore.

by Anonymousreply 124March 10, 2020 6:57 AM

Orson Bean died last month after being hit by two cars while jaywalking. He was 91.

by Anonymousreply 125March 10, 2020 7:49 AM

Not give a f@ck about a silly virus! If I die! I die!

by Anonymousreply 126March 21, 2020 11:49 PM

Watch the local news, I used to laugh at my dad doing it now I have it on every night at 11

by Anonymousreply 127March 22, 2020 6:39 AM

Heated watching the news, was boring and dry, never go into reading the paper like my parents did every day. Now it's on the boob tube 24/7 ever since 9/11.

by Anonymousreply 128March 22, 2020 7:01 AM

^^Hated^^

by Anonymousreply 129March 22, 2020 7:01 AM

I yell and shake my fist at clouds!

by Anonymousreply 130March 22, 2020 7:18 AM

[quote] At 60, I find myself unable to use most younger lingo.

I try to eliminate all slang and lingo, dated or current. Except when I’m trying to chat 20 years younger to match my profile on hookup sites.

by Anonymousreply 131March 22, 2020 7:27 AM

[quote]Not give a f@ck about a silly virus! If I die! I die!

It's not the dying I'm worried about - it's the living with all this and what's next.

by Anonymousreply 132March 22, 2020 2:58 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!