Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Just ordered Chinese delivery, and I'll have food for tomorrow too!

On the menu: egg rolls, vegetable fried rice, garlic string beans with a black bean sauce, walnut shrimp, and ma po tofu (extra spicy).

by Anonymousreply 75May 23, 2020 2:04 AM

Probably will face the wrath of MSG tomorrow as well. No bottom activities until the storm passes. ⛈

by Anonymousreply 1February 23, 2020 1:16 AM

r1 Most people have no reaction to MSG.

by Anonymousreply 2February 23, 2020 1:18 AM

That sounds like a delicious first course! What did you get for the entrees?

by Anonymousreply 3February 23, 2020 1:18 AM

It's not the MSG that gives you the shits... it's the grease.

by Anonymousreply 4February 23, 2020 1:18 AM

R2 = confirmed top

by Anonymousreply 5February 23, 2020 1:19 AM

I don't get it. Why are you bragging about ordering chinese food?

by Anonymousreply 6February 23, 2020 1:19 AM

[QUOTE] Why are you bragging about ordering chinese food?

Because OP is an emotional eater and he’s excitedly anticipating the temporary fulfillment this food will bring.

by Anonymousreply 7February 23, 2020 1:22 AM

How is ma po tofu prepared OP?

by Anonymousreply 8February 23, 2020 1:23 AM

R8 they put ma and po in your tofu!

by Anonymousreply 9February 23, 2020 1:23 AM

Yum.

by Anonymousreply 10February 23, 2020 1:24 AM

CaronaVirus

by Anonymousreply 11February 23, 2020 1:25 AM

The egg roll that came with his meal wasn’t the only one he had tonight!

by Anonymousreply 12February 23, 2020 1:26 AM

Try as you may, you can never resurrect an egg roll.

by Anonymousreply 13February 23, 2020 1:31 AM

I just had über deliver me 4 servings of spaghetti bolognese, with a side of meatballs. I’ll refrigerate the leftovers and zap them as needed. They’ll last a few weeks, I think.

by Anonymousreply 14February 23, 2020 1:38 AM

OP, we all know there won't be anything left come tommorow.

by Anonymousreply 15February 23, 2020 1:41 AM

R14 - why would you get a side of meatballs when a Bolognese sauce already has beef in it?

by Anonymousreply 16February 23, 2020 1:43 AM

You didn't get it delivered from The Olive Garden, did you r14?

by Anonymousreply 17February 23, 2020 1:45 AM

^ because fat

by Anonymousreply 18February 23, 2020 1:45 AM

OP. As a bonus, you can kidnap the Asian delivery guy, roofi him, lock him your closet and you can eat that for days too!

by Anonymousreply 19February 23, 2020 1:46 AM

^WWDD What Would Dahmer Do?

by Anonymousreply 20February 23, 2020 1:48 AM

This is more fascinating than the Garofalo threads!

by Anonymousreply 21February 23, 2020 1:52 AM

If you're like me you will probably go back and finish the rest at midnight

by Anonymousreply 22February 23, 2020 1:52 AM

[quote]I don't get it. Why are you bragging about ordering chinese food?

Somebody didn't read the "old man stuff" thread

by Anonymousreply 23February 23, 2020 1:54 AM

You will be shitting your guts out for 18 hours, mark my words

by Anonymousreply 24February 23, 2020 1:55 AM

R14 Fascinates me. I imagine his 4 servings of spaghetti bolognese lasting several weeks because he is Karen Carpenter reincarnated and living on Tab and Eve cigarettes.

by Anonymousreply 25February 23, 2020 1:58 AM

There is NO WAY take out food can be kept in the fridge for more than 2 days and that's stretching it.

by Anonymousreply 26February 23, 2020 2:04 AM

I just ordered Chinese as well this afternoon, from a new place that opened near me - a quart of their house fried rice. It's a meal in itself, and they thankfully don't skimp on the proteins, there's a lot of chicken, bright red char siu pork, and shrimp in it along with peas, carrots, bean sprouts and golden yellow rice.

by Anonymousreply 27February 23, 2020 2:07 AM

where else would the rice be fried?

by Anonymousreply 28February 23, 2020 2:10 AM

So what's the deal DLEGs. You're too old for sex so you fixate on food?

WTF do basic food threads get so much attention?

Or are you all just really fat?

by Anonymousreply 29February 23, 2020 2:11 AM

If you're using the term DLEG, there's a high probability you are one.

by Anonymousreply 30February 23, 2020 2:14 AM

R22 initially read this as snacking on the kidnapped delivery driver!

by Anonymousreply 31February 23, 2020 2:16 AM

I went out for a falafel and the men at the joint were gorgeous as usual. I went out for a falafel and the men at the joint were gorgeous as usual. I went out for a falafel and the men at the joint were gorgeous as usual. I went out for a falafel and the men at the joint were gorgeous as usual. I went out for a falafel and the men at the joint were gorgeous as usual. I went out for a falafel and the men at the joint were gorgeous as usual. I went out for a falafel and the men at the joint were gorgeous as usual. I went out for a falafel and the men at the joint were gorgeous as usual. I went out for a falafel and the men at the joint were gorgeous as usual.

by Anonymousreply 32February 23, 2020 2:17 AM

Chinese food is pig slop. Why do you think they are so short?

by Anonymousreply 33February 23, 2020 2:18 AM

No Chinese restaurant food for me until after the CoronaVirus has run its course. NYC's Chinatown is all but shut down due to locals and tourists avoiding the area.

Plenty of quick and easy Chinese recipes can be found online and the dishes are fun to cook at home.

by Anonymousreply 34February 23, 2020 2:23 AM

R14, please put the leftover Italian food in the freezer until you're ready to eat it. I don't want to be reading your DL posts about food poisoning after the stuff has been in the refrigerator for "a few weeks".

by Anonymousreply 35February 23, 2020 2:25 AM

My apartment is on the route home for the local hot dog vendor. He rolls his cart by my door on Fridays about 5 pm and sells me his unsold dogs for 50 cents. Thats including the bun and generous fixings and he wraps them in thin foil and I usually buy 10 or 20 and eat them over the next week. Jealous?

by Anonymousreply 36February 23, 2020 2:34 AM

I just scored 2 75% off sheetcakes at my grocery bakery. One is chocolate with vanilla pudding and the other is rainbow mint. Oh the icing is so delicious. I'll keep them in the fridge and work on them until Easter.

by Anonymousreply 37February 23, 2020 2:37 AM

R36, you're literally making me cry real tears.

by Anonymousreply 38February 23, 2020 2:38 AM

This Italian restaurant, which is not Olive Garden, serves “meat-based” Bolognese sauce with no meatballs. It comes in resealable plastic take-out containers that enable you to save it in the fridge. I know I’ve eaten it over at least a two week period, and it was still delicious. I don’t have it every night, as it is constipating.

R25, they are large servings. It cost $133, so you can imagine the serving size. I don’t eat much, actually, usually cereal to start the day and one other meal. I’m currently at my College weight, at the upper bound of the normal range! I ballooned up when I quit smoking 15 years ago, but I’ve since shed all that.

R29, food is one of the great joys of life. It’s also as primal an urge as sex and can be shared with friends, and appreciated by almost everybody. If you don’t enjoy it, you’re really missing out as surely as any incel.

My order looks just like this, though perhaps with a little less meat:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39February 23, 2020 2:38 AM

Hot dogs are a guilty pleasure of mine, but I couldn’t eat more than two at a time and don’t think they’d be any good when not fresh. They’re like Big Macs: delicious when you’re hungry and they’re hot, but rather repugnant when you’re full or they’re cold.

by Anonymousreply 40February 23, 2020 2:42 AM

Go figure out decimal points and get back to us, please R39. A serving is $133 bucks?

by Anonymousreply 41February 23, 2020 2:42 AM

No, R41, the order was $133. When the restaurant sells as “one order” actually serves me at least three meals, so 4 orders means 12 meals, maybe more. God it’s good!

by Anonymousreply 42February 23, 2020 2:45 AM

Restaurant Bayview by Michel Roth at Hotel President Wilson Geneva will deliver for less than 133 a serving.

by Anonymousreply 43February 23, 2020 2:48 AM

Why don't you order 1 serving, dear, and then order another fresh one when you're in the mood. NOBODY ORDERS DELIVERY of prepared food to keep for a month. Are you insane?

by Anonymousreply 44February 23, 2020 2:49 AM

R34, the current anti-Asian (not just Chinese) hysteria in the USA is one reason that I've been buying lunch at Chinese restaurants more often than usual lately, to support them through this lean period. There is absolutely no reason to avoid restaurants outside of Asia that serve Chinese or Japanese or Korean or Thai food -- it reminds me of the early '80s when people thought that every waiter had AIDS and therefore stopped visiting restaurants altogether. It's just prejudice and it's stupid, so stop it!

by Anonymousreply 45February 23, 2020 2:50 AM

R14, you're spending 44 and change on a meal of spaghetti bolognese? That you have to heat up? When you're done with dinner, I have an investment property known locally as the Brooklyn Bridge that I'd like to speak to you and anyone in your household that makes financial decisions. I feel this will ultimately be a most beneficial undertaking for you.

by Anonymousreply 46February 23, 2020 2:56 AM

I am insane. Plus add $17 for über.

I‘ve never used über for this restaurant before and wasn’t sure how it’d work. They don’t accept “über eats”, so I had to place the order and schedule the über separately, and hope that it would be ready, on schedule, which it was. Last time I picked-up the order and served it that night to family as I didn’t feel like BBQing. We were real active all day and it was the deed of coordinating all the food and then the clean-up that made me suggest the take-out. We are on the roof deck under the stars, with a view of the skyline.

R46, for Pete’s sake, it’s 12 meals! So it works out to more like $12.50 a serving, even with the über. And look at it, it’s delicious!

by Anonymousreply 47February 23, 2020 3:00 AM

Did you look, yet? jealous, bitches?

by Anonymousreply 48February 23, 2020 3:04 AM

I just ordered 3 Domino's XL with everything and I'm going to shove one down my pie hole as soon as its delivered, and keep 1 in the fridge for March 1st for my B'day and the third I'm going to roll up while it's warm and let sit out til tomorrow and then shove it up my ass to help me shit out tonight's pizza. Jealous?

by Anonymousreply 49February 23, 2020 3:08 AM

The Spag Bol guy orders catering trays of food, right? Each tray is three meals.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50February 23, 2020 3:13 AM

Your writing skills and likely my reading skills need work, R49, but Sheesh. That is one easy meal to make. No way does it cost 37 fucking dollars to make 3 plates of that.

by Anonymousreply 51February 23, 2020 3:16 AM

Keeping pasta with meat leftovers in the fridge for 2 weeks? I hope you’re mentally unwell and mean freezer. Otherwise, good luck.

by Anonymousreply 52February 23, 2020 3:21 AM

I used to enjoy going to a local Chinese place a couple times a year, maybe a little bit more frequently. Not gourmet at all, but a good place to meet up with friends and have a feast for not a lot of money. That is, until last month when we were seated nearish to the kitchen. The doors were propped open and I saw one of the cooks over a wok -- one of those huge, gas-fired ones. He dumped massive ladle after ladle of canola oil into a dish he was preparing and I pointed it out to the people at my table. We could not comprehend how much oil he was putting in there -- at least three cups. We watched as he emptied the wok onto a serving plate, handed it to a runner, who brought it directly to our table. It was the Singapore chow mein somebody ordered. Yuck.

by Anonymousreply 53February 23, 2020 3:23 AM

I just received 3 roasted Pangolins from Wuhan. Got a special deal on Alibaba - apparently China is liquidating their exotic meat markets and that means it's Christmas at my house! Good eating through summer.

by Anonymousreply 54February 23, 2020 3:24 AM

Better hope no one who has or has been close to someone with the Carona Virus coughed or sneezed on your food.

by Anonymousreply 55February 23, 2020 3:26 AM

I feel bad for all of the Asian restaurants in America whose businesses are suffering due to racism and panic over WuFlu. It's sad what damage a lack of information and a rise in hysteria can do.

by Anonymousreply 56February 23, 2020 3:29 AM

R56, I feel the same. Sure there are unhealthy options on a typical Chinese takeout menu, but the ones near me offer healthier options as well such as "Steamed chicken with mixed vegetables" served with white rice and sauce on the side, for example. It's cooked fresh to order, with plenty of fresh vegetables.

by Anonymousreply 57February 23, 2020 3:36 AM

Not racism, or they wouldn’t have patronized them previously. No?

by Anonymousreply 58February 23, 2020 3:38 AM

R58 If people stopped eating at restaurants owned by gay people in the 80's due to AIDS would those people's decisions not be homophobic because they patronized them previously?

by Anonymousreply 59February 23, 2020 3:40 AM

Never ever look in the kitchen of a Chinese restaurant. Never. Just eat and be happy.

by Anonymousreply 60February 23, 2020 3:46 AM

No, I don’t think so, R59. It occurred to me to stop patronizing restaurants at that time as well, and I worked in one. Maybe because I worked in one. They say if you know how sausage is made you don’t eat sausage.

by Anonymousreply 61February 23, 2020 3:46 AM

It may not be the right or even nice thing to do but I'm not going near any Asian neighborhoods or restaurants. And since I don't like those healthier options I'll be better off since I order the very unhealthy things. That said I really don't have Chinese food more than about 3 times a year because what I order is so unhealthy. Besides, the only really good Chinese restaurant near me when out of business about 2 years ago and I've never found another that is close to being as good.

by Anonymousreply 62February 23, 2020 7:16 PM

R59, this was back in the early 2000's, but at an Outback Steakhouse near me they actually posted a sign on their door notifying customers that an employee in their kitchen was HIV positive. If a person is responsible enough to get tested and be open about their status and maintaining food safety measures that all the other employees should be doing in the first place, why shame him/her like that?

by Anonymousreply 63February 23, 2020 7:30 PM

This thread is FASCINATING!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 64February 23, 2020 7:32 PM

R49 : LOL

by Anonymousreply 65February 23, 2020 8:32 PM

R53 : that was probably stock.

by Anonymousreply 66February 23, 2020 8:34 PM

R66 Nope. When we first sat down, I watched them open and pour a yellow, 5-gallon container into the vat, clearly labeled "Canola Oil."

by Anonymousreply 67February 23, 2020 8:39 PM

Chinese food with Wessonality! No MSG.

by Anonymousreply 68February 23, 2020 10:30 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 69February 24, 2020 1:54 AM

And did you still eat your dinner, fat pigs?

by Anonymousreply 70February 24, 2020 2:05 AM

How do you make Egg Foo Young? Take a young egg and foo it!

by Anonymousreply 71February 24, 2020 2:21 AM

R67, are you honestly shocked to learn that fried foods are cooked in commercial deep fryers that are filled with oil?

by Anonymousreply 72February 24, 2020 4:12 AM

This story is made up; Singapore noodles aren't cooked like that. Sorry.

by Anonymousreply 73February 24, 2020 7:46 AM

MSG being bad for you is a myth. It was started by blacks as a racial slur against ethnic Chinese who were cutting deeply into the soul food take out establishments in Manhattan.

MSG is safe.

by Anonymousreply 74February 24, 2020 10:01 AM

Did it ever arrive?

by Anonymousreply 75May 23, 2020 2:04 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!