Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Jaime King

What do we think of her? I find her very beautiful, and I thought her modeling work (back when she was "James King") was very striking. She really was one of the poster children for the '90s heroin chic look. Since she transitioned into acting in the 2000s, I've seen her in a number of things (Pearl Harbor, Happy Campers, Blow, the My Bloody Valentine remake), and I find her likable onscreen and reasonably believable—she is one of the better models-turned-actresses that I can think of.

That being said, I've listened to several interviews with her, and was disappointed to find that she comes off as a chronic name dropper and an insufferable, holier-than-thou pseudointellectual. She seems to have an affinity for glomming onto other successful women, particularly musicians: She was at one time friends with Lana Del Rey (seemingly not the case anymore), and Taylor Swift is apparently the godmother of her children. I find her associations with these people strange given that Jaime is essentially a B-movie actress who wouldn't really be in their orbit.

Does anyone have any stories about her? I know she was apparently a heroin addict for a minute in the late '90s, and quit when her boyfriend overdosed and died.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21May 23, 2020 10:47 AM

That's a dude?

by Anonymousreply 1February 21, 2020 10:34 PM

No R1, she is really a female, and her real name is Jaime King—but when she modeled she used the nickname "James" because her modeling company had already signed a then-more famous Jaime.

by Anonymousreply 2February 21, 2020 10:37 PM

Pretty but not much of an actress

by Anonymousreply 3February 21, 2020 10:47 PM

Is she the one from My Name Is Earl? If so was damn funny on that.

by Anonymousreply 4February 21, 2020 10:52 PM

At one point she was set to have quite a career but it fizzled out. King has that almost unnaturally child like look that was especially huge a few years ago. At one point, a lot of the runway models had faces like infants. I don't care for it. I liked the more mature looking 90s/early 2000s models like Niki Taylor and Natasha Poly.

by Anonymousreply 5February 21, 2020 11:24 PM

R4 no that was Jaime pressley (whet Jaime pressley )

by Anonymousreply 6February 21, 2020 11:44 PM

She was in Sin City and in Blow as Johnny Depp's daughter.

Fun Fact: Ubercunt and poster child for nepotism Emma Roberts plays a younger version of her.

by Anonymousreply 7May 23, 2020 12:24 AM

One or both of them of them is a messy human being and yet they went to the ends of the earth to have kids together. brilliant.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8May 23, 2020 12:50 AM

OP used a 20 year old photo of her.

by Anonymousreply 9May 23, 2020 1:08 AM

Damn, R8. I wonder what she uses? She has looked emaciated for years, but I always just assumed an eating disorder, esp. given her past as a model.

by Anonymousreply 10May 23, 2020 1:09 AM

According to the docs, obtained by TMZ, Kyle claims the actress/model has "spent the last decade high" and refuses to get any meaningful help for her opioid addictions.

Kyle says things came to a head on January 12, when he and 14 of Jaime's friends staged an intervention ... begging her to get help. He gave her an ultimatum -- get treatment "or the kids and I need to leave for their own safety."

Kyle claims Jaime went to Cirque Lodge rehab facility in Utah, but left shortly after arriving because she tried to check in with a bunch of pills on her ... including Adderall and Clonazepam.

Better than heroin, I suppose.

by Anonymousreply 11May 23, 2020 1:19 AM

I thought her friendship with Taylor Swift was weird. But then realized maybe they bonded over having an eating disorder.

by Anonymousreply 12May 23, 2020 1:54 AM

It is such a shame she's fallen back into drug addiction - she was dating Davide Sorrenti when he overdosed and that understandably scared her and got her to get sober. She had a much fuller and healthier look in Sin City.

by Anonymousreply 13May 23, 2020 2:02 AM

Theyre both saying that the other has been a mess basically since they met and yet they moved heaven and earth to have kids together.

Team No One.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14May 23, 2020 2:03 AM

Updates:

4:15 PM PT -- The judge ruled that Kyle must stay away from Jamie, and we've obtained the documents filed by the actress alleging torment. King alleges Kyle has tracked her electronically, isolated her from friends and work opportunities and has taken hundreds of thousands of dollars out of their account. She says she feels sick to her stomach with every encounter with Kyle.

2:22 PM PT -- A rep for King tells us, "This is another vicious, failed attempt of Kyle to continue his abuse of Jaime and manipulate the court system. Today Kyle was denied all requests for emergency orders and the judge granted Jaime shared legal custody of their two children. The temporary domestic violence restraining order remains in place to protect Jaime."

by Anonymousreply 15May 23, 2020 2:45 AM

Hard to tell who's lying here. He could be exploiting her drug past to get the upper hand, but then again, his accusations are pretty extreme if they are all false. I'm guessing the truth is somewhere in the middle for both.

by Anonymousreply 16May 23, 2020 3:12 AM

Also, her husband/soon-to-be-ex is hot

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17May 23, 2020 3:14 AM

I hate women who spell their name that way. Jaime is a Spanish male surname, pronounced Hymie. Not Jamie like those dolts think.

by Anonymousreply 18May 23, 2020 3:16 AM

I thought it was odd that he had the kids in PA quarantining, also that she got a restraining order when he's so far away.

by Anonymousreply 19May 23, 2020 8:19 AM

Exactly, R18.

by Anonymousreply 20May 23, 2020 9:59 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21May 23, 2020 10:47 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!