Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Chicago Is A Blast

Eleven children were shot and wounded across Chicago over the weekend.

According to the Chicago Sun-Times, the 11 kids were among 26 people shot in the city, including three fatalities.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19February 19, 2020 9:20 PM

I guess Trump really has made America great again.

by Anonymousreply 1February 19, 2020 10:29 AM

Right, R1 - no violence PRE-Trump.

by Anonymousreply 2February 19, 2020 10:39 AM

Chicago has been a shithole for quite a while . Way before Trump came along

Stupid to blame it on Trump

by Anonymousreply 3February 19, 2020 10:40 AM

OP your headline is disgusting.

by Anonymousreply 4February 19, 2020 10:43 AM

Bet everyone involved is black.

by Anonymousreply 5February 19, 2020 10:46 AM

The majority of these crimes are in one specific area and usually gang related. It doesn't effect the greater Chicago area.

by Anonymousreply 6February 19, 2020 11:08 AM

[quote]The majority of these crimes are in one specific area and usually gang related. It doesn't effect the greater Chicago area.

A Chicago radio host said last week that shootings, muggings and other street crimes are encroaching on his neighborhood. "I'm not going to tell you where I live, but let's just say I pay a lot of taxes. A LOT of taxes." He said he's never seen it like this in all the time he's lived there.

Twenty six shootings is a lot for a February weekend -- the cold usually tamps down criminal behavior.

by Anonymousreply 7February 19, 2020 12:41 PM

Blacks destroyed Chicago, Detroit, Baltimore and St. Louis. I wonder if this is an african-american problem or a black problem. Are black africans as bad as african-americans?

by Anonymousreply 8February 19, 2020 12:45 PM

Here's a handy spreadsheet. Check to see if your city is turning into a hellhole:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9February 19, 2020 12:52 PM

Even the 'L' trains are crime-infested. Shootings and muggings right at the downtown stations, even during the day.

by Anonymousreply 10February 19, 2020 1:04 PM

The black race is disastrous.

by Anonymousreply 11February 19, 2020 1:52 PM

Chicago politicians are afraid of implementing aggressive measures that may be potentially viewed as racist.

by Anonymousreply 12February 19, 2020 2:18 PM

I wonder who did the shooting, as if I need to wonder.

First this, then the subway is full of murders and stabbings

Then the lesbonic mayor has the nerve to say "They are targeted so the public needn't be concerned."

And that alone says what we all know

by Anonymousreply 13February 19, 2020 2:53 PM

R9 is interesting. And contradicts all the racist trolls here. Chicago crime is the same as Minneapolis and Houston. I never knew Minneapolis had much crime.

Just like NYC in the early 90s when the media was saying how horribly dangerous it was - never had a problem. Crime is concentrated in poor neighborhoods. At least Chicago is affordable. My bigger concern would be taxes - but that’s true of every attractive city.

by Anonymousreply 14February 19, 2020 2:59 PM

Do people say this racist shit around here for shock value or are they fucking serious?

by Anonymousreply 15February 19, 2020 3:12 PM

I am serious. Go live in Africa if you love blacks so much.

by Anonymousreply 16February 19, 2020 3:28 PM

Look at the Caribbean countries. The problem is rooted in Africa and race based.

by Anonymousreply 17February 19, 2020 9:10 PM

What is it about the internet that brings out the needy attention whores who troll for attention. Like it taps into an undercurrent of crazies - what did they do be for the internet?

by Anonymousreply 18February 19, 2020 9:16 PM

But Jussie Smollett is Public Enemy Number One.

by Anonymousreply 19February 19, 2020 9:20 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!