Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The Fabulous Liesl Obrecht

Does she still live on Spoon Island?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 280April 29, 2020 5:52 PM

Is that Lisla Minellli?

by Anonymousreply 1February 19, 2020 12:53 AM

No, she’s better than Liza!

by Anonymousreply 2February 19, 2020 12:57 AM

Damm shtraight she'sh better than Lizsha!

by Anonymousreply 3February 19, 2020 3:31 AM

Ava, Princess of Wyndemere has been locked down, use this thread now. It accidentally double posted, so let's stick to this one and let the other one die off.

by Anonymousreply 4February 19, 2020 7:57 PM

Thank you OP.

by Anonymousreply 5February 19, 2020 8:34 PM

Hopefully Taggert is sticking around after today's reveal. Now who is his ex-wife and has she been cast.

Cyrus actor can out act Mo with one smirk.

by Anonymousreply 6February 19, 2020 8:38 PM

Isn't everyone in Port Charles going to be high off their asses from all that burning heroin in the air? Or even OD-ed, considering it was 20 mil worth. Hope the ER and morgue are extra staffed tonight.

Of course, they'll just gloss over that...

by Anonymousreply 7February 19, 2020 10:46 PM

R6

What reveal?

by Anonymousreply 8February 19, 2020 10:50 PM

Trina cried out "Dad!" when Taggert came into Kelly's.

by Anonymousreply 9February 19, 2020 10:57 PM

Whoever here, I think on the Ava thread, called it that Taggert is Trina's father did a great job.

by Anonymousreply 10February 20, 2020 1:04 AM

If anyone here has posting privileges could they let the folks on the Ava thread know that it's been locked and we are here now? Thanks!

by Anonymousreply 11February 20, 2020 4:28 AM

How did GH snag this Cyrus actor, he's good and can't possibly come cheap.

by Anonymousreply 12February 20, 2020 6:34 PM

Agreed, he's fabulous. He exudes gravitas. He almost always plays a baddie or a heavy, so it probably comes as second nature.

by Anonymousreply 13February 20, 2020 8:31 PM

The Wylie baby reveal happened much too quickly. Should have had Lucas getting flashes of the car conversation with Brad for several weeks to build up suspense as the audience watched Brad squirm.

That's how you get a big payoff by building up to a reveal. The way this all played out with Lucas suddenly remembering and blurting out the Michael was Wylie's father was too rushed.

by Anonymousreply 14February 21, 2020 10:04 AM

I have a feeling someone in that story is leaving because the story definitely was much too rushed. They found Nelle right away instead of letting the kid be missing for while. Something is up.

by Anonymousreply 15February 21, 2020 3:17 PM

I did laugh at Nelle's "Bye Willow", wonder if that was an ad lib.

by Anonymousreply 16February 21, 2020 3:20 PM

I'm pleasantly surprised at good job Willow actress did today, didn't think she had it in her.

Chase actor on the other hand could have done better. Also, like him better with the beard, he needs to grow it back. Same with Lucas, looks better with the scruff.

by Anonymousreply 17February 21, 2020 7:01 PM

Yes, Josh Swickard definitely looks better with the beard. And I'm not especially a beard, I generally like clean shaven better. But the beard worked on Josh.

by Anonymousreply 18February 21, 2020 9:55 PM

[quote]I have a feeling someone in that story is leaving because the story definitely was much too rushed.

Good point. Perhaps that's why it was so rushed. Obviously it was one of the recurring actors whose availability is limited.

Does Ryan Carnes (Lucas) book a lot of other projects? I mean, they put Lucas in a coma for three months. I figured that was because he was filming a movie of something. Now Lucas wakes up and two weeks later they're having the big reveal. That rushed story aspect suggests Carnes has another project booked and only had a 2-3 week window for filming the Lucas scenes.

The IMDB listing for Chloe Lanier doesn't have a lot of work outside of GH, so unlikely her . Ditto Parry Shen (Brad) who only has a few projects other than GH on his IMDB page.

by Anonymousreply 19February 21, 2020 10:08 PM

LW is asking for ANOTHER pregnancy story.

by Anonymousreply 20February 21, 2020 10:51 PM

Jesus, aren't her eggs way past their expiration date?

by Anonymousreply 21February 22, 2020 1:07 AM

I very much dislike Brad, but I hope he doesn't get stuck with taking all the blame. Nelle deserves to be destroyed. I wonder if Liesl will come forward and destroy Nelle's story, since she and Brad have always had a "friendship."

Also, the Willow actress should really use these scenes for an Emmy reel.

by Anonymousreply 22February 22, 2020 1:16 AM

I've tolerated Nelle but with that smile today as Brad was being led off I really want the Nelle character to be killed off and with a horrible painful death. Brad made some very bad choices and hurt people but that wasn't his intent and shoot me but I feel sorry for him.

I think they should have done a story about him with the Asian Quarter long ago and maybe still should. I loved that old Asian Quarter story. I don't remember that much of it because I was young when I saw it, but I remember loving it. Maybe Jade, for some reason Jade and The Ancient One are the only ones I remember, is Brads mother.

by Anonymousreply 23February 22, 2020 2:18 AM

Oh, and instead of another same ol' mob story for Sonny, why not a story of the Asian Quarter mobsters vs. Sonny.

by Anonymousreply 24February 22, 2020 2:20 AM

In the current situation, I could totally see having the other families, Asian mob included, join forces with Sonny to defeat Cyrus.

by Anonymousreply 25February 22, 2020 3:46 AM

Jason and Sonny will win the mob war so what’s the point? At least kill off some major characters since Ryan couldn’t seem to do it.

by Anonymousreply 26February 22, 2020 3:48 AM

Where is Ryan these days? Shouldn't he have written a threatening letter to Ava from prison when he found out she married Nikkolas?

by Anonymousreply 27February 22, 2020 7:11 AM

R27

Lindstrom is very busy with work outside of GH so that has impacted how much they can use him

by Anonymousreply 28February 22, 2020 12:27 PM

The baby reveal is getting destroyed on SM because it was written as the Carly show. Fans are also destroying Carly, Sonny and Bobbie for their hypocrisy considering all kept kids from their parents.

The reveal should've been about utter devastation with tears and loss. Instead it was about Carly going rabid

by Anonymousreply 29February 22, 2020 12:30 PM

The baby switch reveal certainly packed an emotional punch. Great performances all around.

Willow actress was fantastic in her scenes today. And Nell was her evil self making you hate her even more. Kudos to her.

That said, it all felt rushed. And certainly written with Carly as the center. It's like Lucas was an afterthought. But Lucas has been a supporting player in this entire storyline for some bizarre reason. Presumably because he is a gay character and that upsets the older, conservative viewers.

by Anonymousreply 30February 22, 2020 1:47 PM

Agreed r29. R19 I think Parry who plays Brad has filmed a few children's science videos for either NOAA or NASA, indie horror films and voice acting outside of GH. While Ryan I believe has been doing some indie films, guest tv spots and some web tv show outside of GH.

I believe that Ryan and Parry have upcoming fan event together.

by Anonymousreply 31February 22, 2020 2:27 PM

I predict Jordan and TJ will be the casualties. Jordan actress isn't right for the role and TJ is never around anyway. Taggert will become Commissioner and his family will be expanded.

Molly get's a grieving story line, maybe Ric can make an appearance to console her...chemistry magnet Curtis gets to be paired up with someone he actually clicks with.

Strange rumor on soap central forum that Eva La Rue is coming to GH, I can't find anything about this elsewhere. Anyone heard similar rumblings?

Is Dev going to boarding school and are we done with this useless character and his annoying voice?

by Anonymousreply 32February 22, 2020 2:45 PM

I thought Willow actress displayed her limited skills this week. She and Sasha need to go. Both of them are cardboard.

by Anonymousreply 33February 22, 2020 2:55 PM

I love that Cyrus actor. He was so wonderful on "China Beach" years ago. Does anyone remember that show with Dana Delaney? It was so good.

by Anonymousreply 34February 22, 2020 2:57 PM

"Taggert will become Commissioner and his family will be expanded." I like the way you think. He'd be perfect and this is a great idea. Bringing Real Andrews back was an inspired move.

by Anonymousreply 35February 22, 2020 3:09 PM

R23

I doubt Eva La Rue is coming to GH unless it's a very short arc. She has a Monday to Friday TV job already. YR wanted her on contract and she had to say no . She only taped a handful of episodes on YR as Lola & Rey's mom. YR wanted her on contract as Peter Bergman's love interest.

by Anonymousreply 36February 22, 2020 4:04 PM

[quote] Strange rumor on soap central forum that Eva La Rue is coming to GH, I can't find anything about this elsewhere. Anyone heard similar rumblings?

I would love that. If she is, I wonder if it is as a new character or as her AMC character Dr. Maria Santos. Maria has some connections to Anna. R36 What Monday to Friday TV Job? Chicken Soup for the Soul's Animal Tales? It is ending this year and I doubt it takes that much time.

by Anonymousreply 37February 22, 2020 4:12 PM

If Ryan Carnes is the one with work lined up making him unavailable then I bet Lucas goes ahead and takes the job Portland. Not like they have him on that often anyway. Brad will be off to jail. Nelle of course can get off scott free with her newly concocted story because that's just how is goes with Sociopaths, they are like teflon - nothing sticks (See: Donald J. Drumpf). It appears CL has not set Hollywood on fire with her post GH endeavors and may be reconsidering her decision.

by Anonymousreply 38February 22, 2020 11:43 PM

CL should probably leave soon. Her character seems ruined and I don't have any faith in the writers turning that around. Ever other scene of hers are broken record hate on Nelle confrontations from whoever and they've dumbed her down below the level of Scooby Doo villains. Just wayyy too schlocky and dull cliche one-liners.

by Anonymousreply 39February 23, 2020 2:37 AM

Were Cyrus and Jordan romantically involved when she was undercover? That's a very interesting storyline rumor that I hope turns out to be true.

Is Dara Trina's mother? Remember DA extraordinaire/L&B artist Dara Jensen?

by Anonymousreply 40February 23, 2020 12:06 PM

Seems like Nelle is being lined up for a Who Shot Nelle murder mystery.

by Anonymousreply 41February 23, 2020 5:06 PM

R41 They could do a Murder on the Orient Express type story where everybody has a hand in her demise.

by Anonymousreply 42February 23, 2020 5:19 PM

[quote]Were Cyrus and Jordan romantically involved when she was undercover? That's a very interesting storyline rumor that I hope turns out to be true.

I got that impression by the way he was all "Why don't you call me Cyrus like you used to?" with a certain tone. Maybe he'll find out TJ was his son....right after he has him killed.

[quote]Is Dara Trina's mother? Remember DA extraordinaire/L&B artist Dara Jensen?

Except Trina's last name is Robinson, for whatever that's worth. Her Aunty Gia went off to become a lawyer, though. If they were ever to expand the Taggert family, she would probably be brought back as such.

by Anonymousreply 43February 23, 2020 5:48 PM

I LOVE your idea R41. That would be something I'd really want to see. Hell, I want to kill Nelle myself after what she did to Brad.

by Anonymousreply 44February 23, 2020 7:12 PM

R43, Gia could also be brought back for a possible love interest for Nikolas being that they were once involved.

by Anonymousreply 45February 23, 2020 9:23 PM

When is Snags' next contract expiring?

by Anonymousreply 46February 23, 2020 9:37 PM

I’d love it if they rested the Carly character. Years later bring her back as Sarah Joy Brown or better Tamara Braun. I can’t stand Laura Wright’s loudmouth bully being sold as GH’s leading lady

by Anonymousreply 47February 23, 2020 11:08 PM

Doesn’t matter R46 - she ain’t going nowhere.

by Anonymousreply 48February 24, 2020 1:44 PM

And more Carly! Shouldn’t this be Michael confronting Nelle?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49February 24, 2020 2:07 PM

I can see Jordan be a goner soon, but I don't see the point in killing off TJ. Who would truly mourn him? Jordan, for a short while, right before they kill her off? Molly, who we hardly every see?

Speaking of hardly ever see, we need a big return of Dr. O soon!!

by Anonymousreply 50February 24, 2020 2:26 PM

I haven't been watching these episodes, but has anyone reminded Carly about her past during this reveal?

by Anonymousreply 51February 24, 2020 2:29 PM

r51

HOW FUCKING DARE YOU!

by Anonymousreply 52February 24, 2020 2:51 PM

She and Jason quickly brushed off the fact that they also kept AJ's son away from him for more than a year, with a fast "Oh well, that was different" and went back to feeling victimized.

by Anonymousreply 53February 24, 2020 2:52 PM

Sonny killed Aj and we’ve brushed over that too. I hate the sanctimonious attitude of GH’s main characters!

by Anonymousreply 54February 24, 2020 3:18 PM

I'm not sure how you can tell this story with talking about the parallels to Jason/Carly/Michael/AJ or just glossing over them. I get it, Jason, Sonny and Carly are the stars, but there is nothing wrong with playing the irony and the similarities.

by Anonymousreply 55February 24, 2020 3:21 PM

R55 It would be great if Monica gets to be the one to confront Carly about the parallel.

by Anonymousreply 56February 24, 2020 5:04 PM

R56

That would be awesome but they will never treat their stars in that manner

by Anonymousreply 57February 24, 2020 5:12 PM

We actually got words of remorse from Jason, regretting that he treated Alan badly, so a miracle might just happen

by Anonymousreply 58February 24, 2020 5:23 PM

I still just can't get into this NuNik, xenu stuff aside, he just not cutting it.

DL'ers think he is a good fit for the role?

by Anonymousreply 59February 24, 2020 7:25 PM

I'm not crazy about him. He's a Scieno?

by Anonymousreply 60February 24, 2020 7:41 PM

Yes, big time Scieno, high level, teaches classes.

by Anonymousreply 61February 24, 2020 7:42 PM

Yuck! Hate new Nik. Get back Tyler. I hope he’s healthy and GH could be what he needs to stay on track....

by Anonymousreply 62February 24, 2020 8:25 PM

R58

GMAB with praising Jason. Today he offered to kill Nelle for Michael.

by Anonymousreply 63February 24, 2020 11:10 PM

R62

Give it up. Tyler has burned every professional bridge more than once. No studio will take a chance on him. Not to mention he has no business doing anything but trying to stay the fuck alive.

by Anonymousreply 64February 24, 2020 11:12 PM

I want to like Marcus Columa as NuNikolas. He's certainly cute enough. But I just am not warming up to him, despite him being there for four months.

He seems to be a one-note actor. Only seems to be able to play self righteous outrage. Doesn't seem to be able to play anything else.

He has extremely expressive eyes. Yet behind the eyes, he seems blank. Doesn't seem to be anything there.

by Anonymousreply 65February 24, 2020 11:31 PM

He has chemistry with Becky and Maura which isn’t difficult. I don’t mind him in the role. I don’t care to see TC back. Never understood the hype.

by Anonymousreply 66February 25, 2020 12:03 AM

Y'all can call me a big ole Mary, but I can't help it. Seeing Monica's joy at having Jason, Michael, and Wiley together, actually brought a tear to my eye.

by Anonymousreply 67February 25, 2020 1:07 AM

I would prefer a different Nikolas.

by Anonymousreply 68February 25, 2020 2:10 AM

Paging Tom Pelphrey for Nikolas (or Dante).

by Anonymousreply 69February 25, 2020 2:37 AM

I enjoyed the scenes today between Liz & Nik and Ava & Franco. They were such a relief from the hypocrisy of the Corinthos Clan & that disgusting clan diminishing Lucas' loss.

The bantering dialogue between Ava & Franco was fun. The scenes between Liz & Nikolas walked that fine line between Liz still being angry but still having concern for her life long friend.

The anvils were falling that Ava & Nik are going to throw their friends under a bus to win the battle of the postnup. This could be a fun story.

by Anonymousreply 70February 25, 2020 2:41 AM

R69

Pelphrey isn't returning to soaps any time soon. He's working regularly.

by Anonymousreply 71February 25, 2020 2:42 AM

I loved the selfie moment but all I could think about was Alan.

by Anonymousreply 72February 25, 2020 3:40 AM

^^^^

The scene didn't work for me because Jason is a POS. He just offered to murder Nelle. The night before he held a gun to 2 men's head & blew up a warehouse all while acting like he's morally superior.

by Anonymousreply 73February 25, 2020 11:39 AM

R73 While Jason is a piece of shit, I have no problem with him offering to kill Nelle, holding a gun to the head of a drug trafficker, blowing up a warehouse full of drugs. He isn't highly moral, but he IS morally superior in those situations.

by Anonymousreply 74February 25, 2020 4:14 PM

I'm tired of looking at Wiley's mug.

by Anonymousreply 75February 25, 2020 7:00 PM

I'm sorry but that is an ugly baby.

by Anonymousreply 76February 25, 2020 7:01 PM

I think he is a perfectly cute little child.

by Anonymousreply 77February 25, 2020 7:12 PM

^^GH casting director

by Anonymousreply 78February 25, 2020 7:18 PM

So they are going to keep calling him "Wiley"...too bad...was hoping the reveal would also rectify the awful name situation.

by Anonymousreply 79February 25, 2020 7:28 PM

He's not ugly, but he does look a tad "special." He goes back and forth from looking utterly confused to stupidly grinning and babbling, that's his entire repertoire. The worst baby ever award goes to Rocco, though, and his grown boy version is just as bad or worse.

by Anonymousreply 80February 25, 2020 7:32 PM

The baby playing Wiley is rapidly entering his uncontrollable toddler phase. We likely won't be seeing much more of him going forward.

by Anonymousreply 81February 25, 2020 9:22 PM

Violet's lousy (thus annoying) and although a sweet little preschooler, I'd would love to have her gone.

by Anonymousreply 82February 25, 2020 10:23 PM

They’re going to keep Violet around because she looks like a little doll even though you can barely understand her.

by Anonymousreply 83February 25, 2020 10:26 PM

"Is Woxy my sistew?" was pretty cute, though.

by Anonymousreply 84February 25, 2020 10:39 PM

I mean, she speaks better than KeMo so...

by Anonymousreply 85February 25, 2020 10:41 PM

Are we really supposed to believe that Brooke Lynn needs to work? Does she not have a trust fund? The Q's are supposed to be loaded.

by Anonymousreply 86February 26, 2020 12:48 AM

They should have renamed him Alan Quartermaine Corinthos

by Anonymousreply 87February 26, 2020 12:50 AM

Sorry, apparently Brooke Lynn has a trust fund but can't touch it, which is crazy, she must be at least 30. If she can't touch it now, when can she?

by Anonymousreply 88February 26, 2020 12:58 AM

Sam, Carly, Michael, etc... should be joining with Julian to support Brad. While Brad is horrible and deserves to pay for his actions, they should all realize it is much more important, for everyone, especially Wiley, if Nelle is the one to go down for baby switch.

by Anonymousreply 89February 26, 2020 1:07 AM

Of course Sam is going after her Parole Officer. Can GH come up with anything else?

by Anonymousreply 90February 26, 2020 1:37 AM

Casting news

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 91February 26, 2020 2:47 PM

^^^^

I bet she's Trina's mother. There's a photo in the article of her at Ava's gallery.

by Anonymousreply 92February 26, 2020 3:42 PM

Just for giggles, what Real Andrews (Taggert) looked like with hair:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 93February 26, 2020 4:34 PM

If Jordan's now a goner, they could now set up a Curtis/Taggert/Taggert's ex-wife triangle storyline.

by Anonymousreply 94February 26, 2020 5:13 PM

A Curtis-Taggert rivalry would be a hell of a lot more interesting than the same old dogging and sniping at Sonny and Jason. Not that they don't deserve it, it's just gotten old and one-note.

by Anonymousreply 95February 26, 2020 5:53 PM

How old is Brook Lynn supposed to be? How old is the actress? BTW, I liked her a lot on OLTL.

by Anonymousreply 96February 26, 2020 7:00 PM

I like Brooklyn and Julian together, as a scheming pair. He's hot and is being wasted on Alexis.

Ava's nails always look great.

by Anonymousreply 97February 26, 2020 7:32 PM

[quote] Ava's nails always look great.

Gayest, and my favorite, post in a long time

by Anonymousreply 98February 26, 2020 7:48 PM

Ava's everything always looks great.

by Anonymousreply 99February 26, 2020 9:11 PM

R97

WdV posted a thirst trap photo about 3-4 weeks ago. He said he was taping 2 sex scenes that week. Rumor has it it's Julian/Brooklyn. I can see hate sex coming a mile away.

by Anonymousreply 100February 26, 2020 9:37 PM

Just an FYI to everyone, it is Brook Lynn Quartermaine not Brooklyn.

by Anonymousreply 101February 26, 2020 11:50 PM

I don't care if her name is Staten Island. I want her off my screen. I can't stand her face or her voice or the character. Liz and Monica get about 2 minutes of air time a month and they keep shoving these awful characters down our throats.

by Anonymousreply 102February 27, 2020 12:02 AM

Well, if they are going to keep the Brook Lyn character around for any length of time, she is going to have to sing eventually. Which Amanda Setton doesn't.

by Anonymousreply 103February 27, 2020 4:34 AM

From the many years of the Nurses Ball, most of the cast can't sing, but it never stops the show from letting them. Thank goodness, they've still found budget for auto tune.

by Anonymousreply 104February 27, 2020 12:13 PM

Brook Lynn can claim throat issues to prevent her from singing. Or they can pre-record someone singing while Amanda lip-synchs.

by Anonymousreply 105February 27, 2020 1:59 PM

I'm not worried about Brooklyn's being able to sing. It's a soap. In a few months they could write that she no oger has any desire to be a singer & wants to work at ELQ or GH. Ned used to sing all the time & now he just does it at the Nurses Ball.

by Anonymousreply 106February 27, 2020 2:29 PM

Unfortunately, they'll still sing during that bullshit Q family Thanksgiving "tradition" started by fake Edward.

by Anonymousreply 107February 27, 2020 2:56 PM

I love Amanda Setton, and she is pretty solid casting for Brook Lynn.

But...I wish they would spin her away from this singing angle. She should be tangling with other Quartermaines over business issues and creating tension with the men in town (she's already made the unbearable Lulu more interesting with her connection to Mark Lawson's character).

by Anonymousreply 108February 27, 2020 5:01 PM

But Dustin's constant fawning over her alleged "talent" is barf-inducing and has ruined him!

by Anonymousreply 109February 27, 2020 5:39 PM

I just can't wait to see Brook Lynn hit the sheets with Julian. Yes, I'm being sarcastic.

by Anonymousreply 110February 27, 2020 6:18 PM

I want Cassandra Pierce to perform at next year's Nurses Ball.

by Anonymousreply 111February 27, 2020 6:26 PM

oops

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 112February 27, 2020 6:36 PM

The daisy awards!!!! Yes to more Jessica Tuck

by Anonymousreply 113February 27, 2020 6:37 PM

Connie “The King & I” Towers should have done a number at the Nurse’s Ball at some point.

by Anonymousreply 114February 27, 2020 6:38 PM

What I want to know is why Liesl isn't being shown scared shit that Brad will out her for also knowing Michael and Nelle's baby was alive, she delivered it didn't she? She also blackmailed Brad several times. I don't want to see my beloved Dr. O get in trouble. I just want her to have a story and be on screen instead of all the newbies. Why not bring Brett back. I miss her. But most of all I want a story for Dr. O. What about her adorable relationship with Franco. They could at least show that. Is she living with Nik and Ava or somewhere with Nina or on her own? I mean WTF!

by Anonymousreply 115February 27, 2020 7:26 PM

Dr. O needs another big story soon, but I don't think the baby switch story will be it. I'm not even sure that Carly and Sonny know who she is.

Having Julian being afraid of his part in the switch is silly though, Jason is not going to eliminate his son's grandfather.

by Anonymousreply 116February 27, 2020 7:42 PM

Dev is staying, ugh.

by Anonymousreply 117February 27, 2020 8:05 PM

Dev is staying! Oh shit! God, how many times are they going to give us hope that we're getting rid of this lousy character played by a lousy actor only to dash it away.

by Anonymousreply 118February 27, 2020 9:09 PM

What kind of parent makes their kid take a cab to a special dance? Wouldn't most parents give the kids a ride themselves on such an occasion? And that the henchman guy is actually a registered driver with all of his info on file with the car company is beyond ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 119February 27, 2020 9:23 PM

Don't kids often take limos to dances, like proms?

by Anonymousreply 120February 28, 2020 12:02 AM

Proms, yes, but not spring formals. Shouldn't they be driving themselves, at their age?

by Anonymousreply 121February 28, 2020 12:05 AM

I don't think Cam is legally allowed to drive for whatever it was he did and I don't know if Trina can or has a car. How old are they supposed to be anyway, under 17?

Oh and did Liz and Franco get a chance to fuck or did she get that message first?

by Anonymousreply 122February 28, 2020 12:21 AM

They were discussing college so I figured 17/18. I always get messed up trying to figure out driving ages. I got my regular license early because I was on a high school sports team. All I had to do was get a letter from my coach.

by Anonymousreply 123February 28, 2020 12:29 AM

I've said it before, but really I can't believe anyone would want to marry Molly. She is nice looking but exhausting af. I can't figure out if she is supposed to accurately depict a woke millennial or if she is a parody.

by Anonymousreply 124February 28, 2020 12:40 AM

Brando actor should have been cast as back from the dead Drew.

Shiloh actor should have been cast as NuNik.

Why can't the casting dept get these things right?

by Anonymousreply 125February 28, 2020 12:42 AM

Kids take ubers.

by Anonymousreply 126February 28, 2020 2:13 AM

I hope annoying Molly is the next victim of mob violence.

by Anonymousreply 127February 28, 2020 3:09 AM

NuNik looks 21.

by Anonymousreply 128February 28, 2020 3:09 AM

Did they age the teens even more? I swear Cam couldn’t drive Oscar’s car because he wasn’t old enough. I’m happy we’re getting him and Trina away from Dev and Joss and in their own scenes.

by Anonymousreply 129February 28, 2020 3:21 AM

Why would Dr. O, an evil genius and Julian, a mobster himself, be afraid of the Corinthi Clan?

by Anonymousreply 130February 28, 2020 3:25 AM

Cam and the other teens are 16. Next September will be the start of their senior year.

R119 No teen would want their parent to drive them to a school dance. What century are you living?

R122 Yes, Franco & Liz finally got to bang after Taggert left. The end of the show was Liz coming downstairs to get her phone. That's when she received a text from Cam that he'd been kidnapped.

R125 I agree that the Shiloh actor would've made a better Nikolas. There is absolutely no need for Drew to return.

by Anonymousreply 131February 28, 2020 12:28 PM

Thank you R131.

by Anonymousreply 132February 28, 2020 3:39 PM

Coby Ryan McLaughlin is only 33.

NuNuk is what? 41? but he looks younger.

by Anonymousreply 133February 28, 2020 4:15 PM

^^^^

I would've never guessed Coby was only 33. He easily looks early 40s to me.

by Anonymousreply 134February 28, 2020 4:17 PM

I understand actors wanting ages off their IMDBs.

Some look younger; some look older.

by Anonymousreply 135February 28, 2020 4:29 PM

I think we are headed for a Willow/Michael pairing and Michael/Chase becoming enemies story. I hope they send Sasha and her annoying little voice to the Deception Italy office to work.

by Anonymousreply 136February 28, 2020 7:09 PM

R136

I am beyond bored by Willow, Michael & Sasha. They are coma inducing.

I used to adore Chase but Willow is such a fucking drain. I do still like Chase wit his brother Finn.

by Anonymousreply 137February 28, 2020 9:36 PM

Hmm...TJ isn't answering his phone...do Cyrus' goons have him too...

by Anonymousreply 138February 28, 2020 10:46 PM

Are they killing Taggart off for the purpose of bringing Trina's mom on and then throwing her into a triangle with Curtis and Jordan? Sigh....

by Anonymousreply 139February 29, 2020 12:27 AM

r139

they killed Taggert today??? what??

by Anonymousreply 140February 29, 2020 12:32 AM

Nu-Nik is fucking weird looking. There, I said it!!!

by Anonymousreply 141February 29, 2020 12:58 AM

I thought that too R141, but didn't say anything because the new actors seems to have been well received. I don't think that Nicholas is one of those characters that can't be recast, but they need something else. Look at this guy. His name in Colin Egglesfield. He's the same age as Tyler and has the right look in my opinion.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 142February 29, 2020 1:18 AM

^^^Wasn't he Erica Kane's unaborted baby?

by Anonymousreply 143February 29, 2020 1:21 AM

R143 yes

by Anonymousreply 144February 29, 2020 1:47 AM

Taggert isn’t dead. Real is still filming and posting photos.

by Anonymousreply 145February 29, 2020 2:39 AM

Oh good!

by Anonymousreply 146February 29, 2020 2:14 PM

Aunt Stella is visiting the week of March 9th.

Wouldn't it be interesting if she came to reveal Marcus Taggert is her son with that Marcus guy whose Fresh Prince of Bel Air wife fake married Mike Corbin. Taggert and Curtis would be cousins.

I'm just speculating, haven't actually read anything of the sort except that Vernee Watson is back that week.

by Anonymousreply 147February 29, 2020 7:09 PM

What is the deal with Kelly Monaco? Is she really recurring according to rumor (and that's why we don't see a lot of her)? Is she leaving? Did Billy leaving GH really upset her that much?

by Anonymousreply 148February 29, 2020 7:54 PM

[quote] Aunt Stella is visiting the week of March 9th. Wouldn't it be interesting if she came to reveal Marcus Taggert is her son with that Marcus guy whose Fresh Prince of Bel Air wife fake married Mike Corbin. Taggert and Curtis would be cousins.

Taggert and his sister Gia (Campbell) do have different last names. I don't remember how that was explained- different mothers, different fathers, or could one have been a foster? I never liked him much before, but I'm starting to. Age and having Trina as a daughter has softened him, I think.

by Anonymousreply 149February 29, 2020 11:02 PM

Don't see a lot of KM. Are you watching the same show I am. She's there most every day. I had high hopes for recurring but that doesn't seem to be the case at all. She there to mumble almost daily.

by Anonymousreply 150March 1, 2020 12:29 AM

Gia and Marcus share the same mother, Florence Campbell. She used to live at the Brownstone with Bobbie, and she was previously acquainted with Sonny's evil stepfather, Deke. There was never any explanation about their different last names, so presumably the kids had different fathers. I don't think Florence was ever explicitly written out - she just disappeared.

by Anonymousreply 151March 1, 2020 5:26 PM

Deke locked me inna clozet!

I ain't letting nobody hurt me no more!

I'll kill ya!

by Anonymousreply 152March 2, 2020 7:47 AM

"Mr. Corinthos, my father did unspeakable things to me -- far more than this Deke person ever did to you -- and I don't go around killing people. You need to be taught a lesson, Mr. Corinthos." - Jean Randolph

by Anonymousreply 153March 2, 2020 7:48 AM

Not the outcome I was expecting today but could still be a setup concocted with Sonny to flush out the enemy.

GF was really good today.

Cyrus actor continues to be a a gem.

by Anonymousreply 154March 2, 2020 7:05 PM

Ugh. They DID kill off Taggert.

by Anonymousreply 155March 2, 2020 7:47 PM

For real or is he pretending to be dead to protect Trina?

by Anonymousreply 156March 2, 2020 7:51 PM

Seems like for real. GRRR. If Real is still taping, I'm betting he's Ghost Taggert talking to a grieving Trina.

by Anonymousreply 157March 2, 2020 8:04 PM

Taggert is so faking his death

by Anonymousreply 158March 2, 2020 8:06 PM

If he's faking it, then Trina would have to be looped in. She was holding his hand and would have noticed a pulse. Was there actually time to set all that up? Things happened pretty quickly.

Also, TJ's text seems like it could be a potential fake-out, very vague and generic. Or they got him right after he sent the text, but now there's a false sense of security because of it.

by Anonymousreply 159March 2, 2020 8:41 PM

I really don't see how this could be a fake out but it is a soap.

He was awaiting surgery. If he didn't die he would still be needing immediate surgery. That would be a hell of a lot of people to cover it up: an entire surgical team and recovery team, etc...

by Anonymousreply 160March 2, 2020 10:01 PM

Perhaps they transfer him to Mercy Hospital for surgery where we meet Trina's mother the new doctor lady FV hired from some defunct soap.

That would be one way of introducing her.

I'm just spit balling...

by Anonymousreply 161March 2, 2020 10:08 PM

Makes sense, R161. And from there he'll be sent to Sonny's "safe house," where he'll soon be seen cradling the box of malted milk balls Trina left on his body and gazing wistfully into space....

by Anonymousreply 162March 2, 2020 10:38 PM

It's not that easy to feel a pulse and if you do it wrong and use your thumb you'll be feeling your own pulse. Plus they could have give him some medication to slow things down so he seems dead.

I can't believe they brought him back after all these years just to establish he's Trina's father and then kill him off, especially with his connection to what's her face, TJ's mother.

by Anonymousreply 163March 3, 2020 12:16 AM

This is GH, even if I see someone stabbing a person in the heart with a big rusty knife, I wouldn't be 100% sure they are dead.

by Anonymousreply 164March 3, 2020 12:23 AM

GH hit the jack pot with the young actors who play Cameron & Trina.

Jocelyn and Dev not so much.

by Anonymousreply 165March 3, 2020 12:44 AM

The actor who plays Taggert was recently diagnosed with testicular cancer. If this is a ruse I wonder if this was a way to write him out for surgery & treatment?

by Anonymousreply 166March 3, 2020 12:48 AM

Trina is very popular on social media. I’m sure Josslyn will be getting a big story soon because of it. Can’t have Frank’s golden girl being outshined.

by Anonymousreply 167March 3, 2020 3:22 AM

Real Andrews (Taggart) comes up as a player in the allegations against Timothy Hutton. There's other threads about it here but linking here for reference

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 168March 3, 2020 4:09 AM

Did I miss a mention why the Qs are now back to their previous living room set instead of the recent "remodel" to Monica's house? I glad they dug this set out of the trash heap as this classic set up was a lot better than the minimalist set with all only white books. Was it fan backlash for this recent set change?

by Anonymousreply 169March 3, 2020 12:19 PM

They really did kill off Taggert. Real Andrews confirmed he's through.

by Anonymousreply 170March 3, 2020 4:00 PM

FABULOUS music

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 171March 3, 2020 4:05 PM

Months ago Brad actor also posted he was leaving but it was all to confuse people. RA was just posting pictures from set days ago.

by Anonymousreply 172March 3, 2020 5:40 PM

The actor playing Brad also sent goodbye messages after the Brad/Lucas car crash scenes.

by Anonymousreply 173March 3, 2020 8:41 PM

I wonder if they were chem testing NLG and JPS today since they are no longer siblings....

by Anonymousreply 174March 3, 2020 11:46 PM

I'd vote for an Alexis/Valentin pairing. Her storyline with Dr. Bedhead has stalled out too many times and he still has no other connections on the show.

by Anonymousreply 175March 4, 2020 12:38 PM

I’m surprised they haven’t related him to Sasha since she’s also without any connections. Both are pointless though.

by Anonymousreply 176March 4, 2020 1:30 PM

LOL - it just dawned on me that the photo at OP is of her doing 99 Luftballoons.

by Anonymousreply 177March 4, 2020 2:46 PM

Dr. Bed-head, while kinda cute, has wonky eye.

Joss will be all twisted this spring when Trina wins best ingenue Emmy. (I know it’s no longer called that but it should be.)

by Anonymousreply 178March 4, 2020 6:44 PM

Kelly Thiebaud "Britt" is filming at GH and back for a couple of episodes per SOD and soaps.com.

by Anonymousreply 179March 4, 2020 7:54 PM

R178, not so fast.

"Baby Beth is alive."

by Anonymousreply 180March 5, 2020 1:13 AM

Whose baby Beth?

by Anonymousreply 181March 5, 2020 3:12 AM

R179 That's great news! I've missed Britt. Can't wait to see with Dr. O, Brad, Nick and others.

by Anonymousreply 182March 5, 2020 4:09 AM

R181 she's the baby formerly known as Baby Phoebe.

Trust me, that kid who plays Douglas will win the Emmy

by Anonymousreply 183March 5, 2020 7:21 AM

The second Q living room set has always been around. They've always used it as a den/study. Glad to see it didn't get trashed for this new sterile looking foyer and living room set.

by Anonymousreply 184March 5, 2020 10:58 AM

per SOD

Peter frames Liesel for all his misdeeds and she's arrested. FTLOG let this be a story where Liesel unleashes her shelved villainess. Just kill that MFer once & for all.

by Anonymousreply 185March 5, 2020 10:59 AM

My first thought when Lucas announced that Taggert was dead was that it was a ruse. We didn't see Lucas trying to revive him and Sonny was visiting him just minutes before he died.

Hope he's still alive. Will be sad if they brought him back after 17 years just to kill him off.

by Anonymousreply 186March 5, 2020 11:01 AM

They did bring him back to kill him off. He was used to generate story for the contract characters already on the canvas. What a massively stupid move.

by Anonymousreply 187March 5, 2020 11:49 AM

What did Taggert call Jason in the old days? I can't remember.

by Anonymousreply 188March 5, 2020 11:57 AM

^^Anger Boy

by Anonymousreply 189March 5, 2020 12:58 PM

After the accident, did Jason get amnesia or did he just lose his ability to care about stuff?

by Anonymousreply 190March 5, 2020 1:02 PM

Jason Quarterbrain

by Anonymousreply 191March 5, 2020 2:41 PM

Kin is tweeting about being reduced to day player after 42 years....I don't think that is going to motivate FV to give him more airtime and probably have the opposite effect.

by Anonymousreply 192March 5, 2020 2:46 PM

^^^^

I know I'd much rather see Scotty Baldwin than Sasha, Willow, Gladys, Peter, Dev, Michael, Nina bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 193March 5, 2020 3:41 PM

It's not like he can cost THAT much, can he?

by Anonymousreply 194March 5, 2020 3:42 PM

So Trina's mother is pleasant....

by Anonymousreply 195March 5, 2020 10:05 PM

I see a Portia-Curtis affair in the offing. Since he promised Taggert as he lay dying that he'd watch after Trina he's bound to be spending time around her mom. And now that things are getting rocky with Jordan... Unless TJ dies. That should unite them, as Jordan would no doubt agree to work behind the scenes with Sonny like Curtis wants.

by Anonymousreply 196March 5, 2020 10:14 PM

R190 Jason had amnesia but also remembered certain things? Like he remembered everything about AIDS and Robin told him it was because he was trying to help Stone. But then he had no perception of time or weather. His brain damage caused him to be reckless as well.

by Anonymousreply 197March 5, 2020 10:17 PM

I'm guessing Jordan dies saving TJ since the Jordan actress is on contract and would be more of cost savings. This will pave the way for a new relationship for Curtis and a new police commissioner.

by Anonymousreply 198March 5, 2020 10:18 PM

Ok, I am officially over it being alright for Ava to be treated like shit by everyone. While almost no one says anything to or about Sonny and Carly. Yes, Jordan, did today, but I suspect she will be dead soon.

by Anonymousreply 199March 6, 2020 1:31 AM

I loved it when post accident Jason would walk around with a mopey face and black leather jacket and he'd just stare.

Tracy would see him and talk to him like he was half deaf and half brain dead: JASON I"M YOU"RE AUNT TRACY> DO YOU REMEMBER ME.

by Anonymousreply 200March 6, 2020 4:17 AM

R199, I wish they'd bring Connie back, saying her death was faked.

It'd be a lot easier to like Ava.

by Anonymousreply 201March 6, 2020 4:24 AM

Love her or hate her, JFP is the only bitch with balls big enough to come in and wipe out half of this cast. Please hurry.

Did this new bitch just shit on a compassionate Ava, while she's retrieving her daughter from the house where Franco lives?

by Anonymousreply 202March 6, 2020 1:32 PM

R202

Franco was never in the Mob and the Mob killed Trina's dad. If Portia's going to have that mind set about Ava (who's out of the mom) then she better have the same mind set about her daughter being around Sonny.

More characters need to call out Sonny & Jason but we all know they can't do that on Sonny Hospital.

And fuck no to JFP ever working again in daytime.

by Anonymousreply 203March 6, 2020 2:23 PM

Correction

Mob not mom

by Anonymousreply 204March 6, 2020 2:25 PM

Franco may not have been in the mob but he’s still a serial killing sexual predator currently paired with a rape survivor. Not to mention he still did heinous things post tumor. That needs to be called out more but it won’t be because we’re all supposed to love Franco.

I also think it’s ridiculous that they immediately have Portia attacking Ava but we all know she’ll be okay with Trina at the Corinthos compound.

by Anonymousreply 205March 6, 2020 2:57 PM

R205

Good lord! Franco's past is called out buy Jason, Sam, Carly, Sonny ad nauseum. He has reformed & evolved unlike those 4. Most people with brains on the show understand his psychosis was caused by a tumor. Portia's a doctor. She would understand that like Liz does.

I can not stand how Ava, Franco, Julian, etc.. are never allowed to move past their history while the Mob Four remain utter trash and get their taints licked by everybody on the canvas. Franco is a redeemed character as far as I'm concerned. He works at GH as a therapist. He's a loving step-dad and he absolutely loves Liz more than any of her previous losers.

As far as Portia allowing Trina at the Corinthos home goes that needs to stop but on GH everyone must kow tow. Monica has to even make nice to the SOB that murdered her son.

by Anonymousreply 206March 6, 2020 3:21 PM

JFP near destroyed OLTL. Gary Tomlin finished the job. JFP and Pam Long were the ones that thought the child rape was "Light summer entertainment" That's an exact quote from 1998.

by Anonymousreply 207March 6, 2020 3:49 PM

What child rape? I'm totally blanking.

by Anonymousreply 208March 6, 2020 7:40 PM

The actress playing Trina's mother is actually very good but too bad the writers are choo sing to maker her unlikable right out of the gate.

by Anonymousreply 209March 6, 2020 10:57 PM

Brook Kerr along with Travis Schuldt (SP?) and Natalie Zea were rare examples on Passions of kids who could actually act.

by Anonymousreply 210March 7, 2020 3:23 AM

Does anyone know if Johnny Wactor (Brando) is on contract? Because he is one of the hottest fuckers that's been on this show in a long time.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 211March 7, 2020 4:34 AM

Not sure but we’re getting Carly/Brando and Sonny/Sasha

by Anonymousreply 212March 7, 2020 8:05 AM

Sonny & Sasha?????????????????????/ WTH??

by Anonymousreply 213March 7, 2020 8:56 AM

Sonny and Sasha. So he's going to steal his son's girlfriend?

If so, then no doubt Michael will forgive Sonny. Just like he did for killing AJ.

by Anonymousreply 214March 7, 2020 10:22 AM

I made up that Sasha bit. But with Carly and Brando coming up along with Michael and Willow, you know Sonny can’t be left out.

by Anonymousreply 215March 7, 2020 1:42 PM

Why won't they bring Brenda back?

by Anonymousreply 216March 7, 2020 1:44 PM

I adore Brenda but even I don't want her back if they will shackled her to Sonny.

by Anonymousreply 217March 7, 2020 3:28 PM

Because they give her the same story every time.

by Anonymousreply 218March 7, 2020 6:22 PM

Sonny: Ah promised Michael I wouldn't kill his father. Ah broke that promise!

I don't even blame Maurice; he reads the lines, but the writing is confounding.

by Anonymousreply 219March 7, 2020 8:22 PM

By now Brenda's son could probably be soras-ed to be old enough to come into town and inappropriately date someone he's actually related to...

by Anonymousreply 220March 7, 2020 11:15 PM

I’m still waiting for them to somehow make Dev Brenda’s son

by Anonymousreply 221March 8, 2020 1:38 AM

The last time Brenda was in town she fucked Michael. I want her to come back with Michael's kid, just to watch Carly's head spin around.

by Anonymousreply 222March 8, 2020 4:15 AM

Brenda never fucked Michael.

by Anonymousreply 223March 8, 2020 9:32 AM

r223

we actually found out did we?

by Anonymousreply 224March 8, 2020 12:23 PM

^^

That was supposed to be that we actually NEVER found out

by Anonymousreply 225March 8, 2020 12:25 PM

I think she did.

by Anonymousreply 226March 8, 2020 2:55 PM

Brenda should come back and be mixed in with other characters! Like Lucy, Laura, Maxie, or the Qs...and pair her with someone new like a recast lucky or Nikolas...

I’d avoid a Sonny or Jax redux if we want the Brenda character to last this go around...

by Anonymousreply 227March 8, 2020 7:29 PM

I never liked Brenda and I hope she stays away. The cast is way too big already with not enough air time for some of the good characters. They fill half a Friday episode with boring Alexis and her even more boring boyfriend. Are most people really interested in a couple of that age and their dating problems. Jesus! It's almost the same story as with Sam and Jason, they're not supposed to be together but they have to break the rules. WTF! Who cares about either, not me that's for sure. I think Alexis needs to be retired for a long while and Sam and Jason just written out. I also don't like seeing Nell get away with everything while Brad goes to prison. That sucks. Sonny is some Mickey Mouse mobster that he can't put a hit out on Nell and yet we're supposed to believe he can protect his territory against other mobsters. I think the show needs to get rid of a lot of needless characters and get a new EP and new writers, but JFP though, never her. Why can't they ever bring fresh EPs and writers that haven't already been fired from a dozen shows?

by Anonymousreply 228March 8, 2020 7:54 PM

Is it true that the show is recasting Audrey Hardy?

by Anonymousreply 229March 9, 2020 1:36 AM

By whom, a hundred year old actress?

by Anonymousreply 230March 9, 2020 2:07 AM

^^Yes. Erika Sleezak.

by Anonymousreply 231March 9, 2020 7:00 AM

R229

Where are you hearing the Audrey rumor?

I said the actress who played AMC's Marian should've been an Audret recast instead of Amy's book publisher. That was such a lame ass story.

by Anonymousreply 232March 9, 2020 9:47 AM

Don't hold your breath for a real Carly/Brando pairing. Brando mentioned to her early on that it was completely impossible that he could be Dev's father.

We're much more likely to get a pairing of Brando with either Lucas or Brad.

by Anonymousreply 233March 9, 2020 12:50 PM

Does anyone really care who has the other half of Nina's necklace? Only way it would be remotely interesting at this point is if it turned out to be Nelle. Otherwise, no one is interested in a Nina/Willow snoozefest.

by Anonymousreply 234March 9, 2020 8:43 PM

I forgot about the necklace bullshit... much like the watch belonging to Alexis’s mother.

by Anonymousreply 235March 9, 2020 9:40 PM

NLG had them ix nap the watch story line according to people who went to Nancy's event.

I was really hoping tptb dropped Nina's necklace but then they showed it last week.

by Anonymousreply 236March 9, 2020 10:04 PM

drop not nap

Sorry for the typo

by Anonymousreply 237March 9, 2020 10:05 PM

R236 Why the fuck would NLG have them nix that story? They were actually setting up what seemed like an entertaining gothic Cassidine storyline. Instead, they have put her in a stupid snooze-fest of a love story.

by Anonymousreply 238March 9, 2020 11:54 PM

Interesting to know NLG has veto power on story lines. Too bad she had them shitcan it, she and JPS play well together it and it would have taken her out of her annoying daughters' orbit.

by Anonymousreply 239March 10, 2020 12:25 AM

Well, that was dumb of her. Anything Cassadine is more interesting that her current story. How stupid.

by Anonymousreply 240March 10, 2020 12:47 AM

Word is that the show is de-aging Audrey by a few years and they are looking for a name actress with soap credentials. She will be a support for Liz, but will also compete with Monica over a new man who will be hired by the hospital.

by Anonymousreply 241March 10, 2020 1:40 AM

^^^^

Where are you getting that from? I find it hard to believe. Not that I wouldn't like to see Audrey here & there but I find it very hard to believe.

by Anonymousreply 242March 10, 2020 2:08 AM

Chop off a few years? They'd have to chop off a few decades. They should bring Lila back from the dead and bring in an actress to play her who's in the Cam/Trina/Joss age range.

by Anonymousreply 243March 10, 2020 2:14 AM

That's what I was thinking. Monica is what 70s? And Audrey is in her 90s. Two different generations. I just have a hard time believing they would disrespect a longtime character like Audrey by recasting the role. They should go ahead and allow the character to die and bring on a new talk to, mother figure for Liz.

by Anonymousreply 244March 10, 2020 2:22 AM

The people thinking GH is going to recast Audrey must be the same people seriously thinking that Y&R is recasting Katherine. Neither is going to happen.

by Anonymousreply 245March 10, 2020 2:27 AM

If they cast ES (OLTL's Viki) she would be Franco's in law and we could have scenes with ES and RH (Franco). I would love that. I'd love it more though if she became Viki and he became Todd. Come on, Liz can have Nik.

by Anonymousreply 246March 10, 2020 3:25 AM

My friend works at the ABC/GH production offices. It is now looking as though the network wants to go with an unknown actress. Rachel Ames has given them her blessing. Apparently Frank Valentini and Nathan Varni have been pushing this idea for close to two years. They see the benefit of re-introducing the character with an established history and relationships as much more important than age continuity. So, we will see Audrey placed in Monica’s age group. Think Grace and Frankie.

by Anonymousreply 247March 10, 2020 3:42 AM

I think you're lying R247

But..time will tell.

by Anonymousreply 248March 10, 2020 3:50 AM

If you use the ignore feature R247 is also the Y&R Scoche Marin troll. They seem to be weirdly obsessed with soaps resurrecting matriarchs with "unknown" geriatric actresses.

by Anonymousreply 249March 10, 2020 3:54 AM

R243

I never thought of Audrey & Monica as being that far apart in ages.

R244

The mother figure Liz needs to address is her actual mother. There's a lot of baggage there that needs to finally be addressed

by Anonymousreply 250March 10, 2020 11:17 AM

I would dearly love to see the Audrey character back and offer support to her granddaughter and great-grandchildren. If Rachel Ames is not well enough to play the role, then Erika Slezak would be a great choice to play Audrey. They look somewhat alike and certainly can convey the motherly love needed for the role.

However, would Slezak relocate to LA for this role? Would she be willing to fly back and forth just to appear onscreen a few times a month?

As for being disrespectful to a still living Ames to have the iconic role recast, let's not forget that John Ingle took over the part of Edward Q in 1993 while David Lewis was still living but not well enough to continue.

by Anonymousreply 251March 10, 2020 11:37 AM

Lots of crazy has walked in here. But just the idea that the show would now give Monica a new love interest is at the top of the crazy list.

by Anonymousreply 252March 10, 2020 1:27 PM

It appears as though the show is signing a European actress, Shearoun Stiegele, for the part of Audrey March. By the way, the show is dropping the “Hardy” last name for the character. TPTB do not wanting viewers associating the character with Dr. Steve Hardy. Instead the goal is to accentuate her relationship with Liz and then set her up as the frenemie of Monica as they battle it out for the affections of a new doctor at GH.

Personally, I am excited that the show has gone with Shearoun Stiegele in casting the character. Her resemblance to Rachel Ames is utterly striking and she is a heavyweight actress. Around the set, chatter is that they want Shearoun in scenes with Maurice Benard and Maura West within two weeks of airing. They’d also like to bring Jane Elliot back for a stretch to see her on-screen dynamic with Shearoun. Happy days are coming to GH again, and I can’t wait!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 253March 10, 2020 2:45 PM

So is Audrey now going to have a French accent or something? LOL, I don't believe any of these posts

by Anonymousreply 254March 10, 2020 3:08 PM

Good news: the version of GH that r253 sees airs even on the weekends. Bad news: that version only plays in his crazy ass head.

by Anonymousreply 255March 10, 2020 3:12 PM

The writers should reconsider this Alexis/Neil romance, the actors themselves don't seem into it and aren't selling it.

Let me get this straight, Trina's mother welcomes Sonny warmly to Taggert's wake yet continues to be nasty to Ava...

by Anonymousreply 256March 10, 2020 9:24 PM

I thought Ian Buchanan & his partner married years ago but I guess not. He posted pics of them from their wedding this weekend. Bery dapper.

They've been together forever.

by Anonymousreply 257March 11, 2020 12:13 AM

Care to share a link to those photos r257

by Anonymousreply 258March 11, 2020 12:30 AM

So who else thinks Trina will turnout to be Curtis' daughter, not Taggert's?

by Anonymousreply 259March 11, 2020 12:57 AM

Of course she’s going to be Curtis’s daughter. How original.

The Chase actor posted pics of him and CD in formal attire. I guess Michael marries Sasha. How boring.

by Anonymousreply 260March 11, 2020 3:36 AM

Anyone being scared of Sonny in 2020 is just a joke.

by Anonymousreply 261March 11, 2020 10:20 PM

R249, you've solve more cases than Paul Williams...meaning you've solved 1.

thanks

Audrey is older than Monica.

It's odd, I started watching GH in the Doug Marland golden age. I'd have put Monica and Lesley at 30-35. Audrey at 45?

Today, Kelly Monaco and others still come off as 'girls' to me.

It's like watching the Flash; I saw the original as someone still relatively young and I saw John Wesley Shipp as a man. Today, I watch it and I see Grant Gustin as a boy. But I'm wondering how much of that is my age and how much is seeing a 'type.'

by Anonymousreply 262March 13, 2020 9:48 PM

General Hospital is shutting down production because of COVID-19, until at least April 10. At this time they don't anticipate any interruptions to the show on-screen.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 263March 14, 2020 12:36 AM

The time of the shut down couldn't have come at a better time. The show was already scheduled to go dark for 3 weeks starting Monday.

by Anonymousreply 264March 14, 2020 9:45 AM

Thanks r264.

So it’s not realy a shut down, but rather a preplanned dark period. They’re just jumping on the shutdown bandwagon by announcing it as such?

by Anonymousreply 265March 14, 2020 11:04 AM

R255

Not exactly. They had a pre=planned 3 week dark period. They are extending that due to COVID-19.

by Anonymousreply 266March 14, 2020 1:23 PM

Do the, uh, actors still get paid?

by Anonymousreply 267March 14, 2020 7:26 PM

r266 How far ahead has GH taped? If the shutdown lasts longer than the 4 weeks, when will GH run out of new episodes?

by Anonymousreply 268March 15, 2020 2:48 PM

WDv claims that they’ve got 7 weeks in the can right now

by Anonymousreply 269March 15, 2020 3:21 PM

So, they've got enough shows taped that can last until early May.

by Anonymousreply 270March 16, 2020 12:52 AM

Is this thread paywalled? If so do we have a link to the new thread/

by Anonymousreply 271March 19, 2020 12:22 PM

Yes, apparently it's paywalled.

Here's the new thread.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 272March 19, 2020 12:29 PM

R46 Her contract is never up lol. Her most recent four year deal is up in September/October 2021. Ironically, she was planning to leave GH in the fall of 2017 for a Bell soap, which would've been Y&R. Unfortunately for her, Jill Farren Phelps was fired roughly a year or so before that could transpire. Frank was aware of this, which was why Tamara Braun's casting was rumored around for over a year before she made her debut as Kim, since Frank was planning to have her back as Carly.

by Anonymousreply 273April 27, 2020 9:39 PM

r273

who would she have been on Y&R?

by Anonymousreply 274April 27, 2020 9:50 PM

R273 No clue. Most likely somehow related to one of their core characters, as some newly created character, similar to how Jill put Steve in as Nikki & Paul's son. Steve would've still been there too so no doubtedly their characters would've crossed paths in some way, maybe even sharing a past.

by Anonymousreply 275April 27, 2020 11:22 PM

r275

she looks like she could be related to Nikki.. Maybe Casey's daughter?

by Anonymousreply 276April 27, 2020 11:25 PM

R276 Good call never thought of that yet she has a resemblance to her. Then she would've been Dylan's cousin so instead of a romantic relationship, they could've had something similar to how Jason/Carly are now.

by Anonymousreply 277April 27, 2020 11:35 PM

R273, I would have LOVED TB back as Carly.

Laura was miscast in the role. Plus, she does the best worst example of Kim Zimmer that I've ever seen. I want to like her, but...I can't.

No sexual chemistry with Maurice. I loved the scenes in which Nelle said to her I want what you have -- you did all these horrible things and people just forgive you. I give Wright credit for playing a 'shit, she's right' reaction.

Btw, not only is Liesl O fab, but so is her portrayer, Kathleen Gatti. A nice lady and she's talented, too.

by Anonymousreply 278April 29, 2020 7:05 AM

R278 Great points lol I've never noticed how Wright was mimicking Zimmer all this time until you mentioned it, and she did credit Zimmer for something in an interview right after she won her emmy in 2011. She also tries to incorporate Sarah Brown (a poor man's version imo) for when she first started, she stated how she was going to portray Carly "as closer to the original." The chemistry between Maurice & herself is extremely asexual, almost like their giving off sibling vibes. She probably would've been better off as a Courtney recast instead of Carly. As for Tamara, that actually wasn't the first time she was slated to replace Laura. In the fall of 2011, when Garin Wolf was headwriter, he wanted to get rid of her in favor of Tamara (as either Carly or Kate). However, with Jill still being there, he couldn't do it, so he wanted Tamara as Kate, which Jill still wouldn't allow. When Frons "relieved" Jill of her duties, Garin was about to have Tamara back as Carly until Frank stopped him. Then of course Garin himself (along with Shelly Altman briefly as his co-hw) was replaced with Ron.

by Anonymousreply 279April 29, 2020 2:07 PM

She may pattern herself after Zimmer but at the end of the day, it comes off like that replica music box Alexandra Spaulding had made for stepdaughter India.

"An imitation of the real thing."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 280April 29, 2020 5:52 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!