Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Tony winner Zoe Caldwell is dead to me!

RIP, Zoe.

What a great actress.

by Anonymousreply 20February 20, 2020 2:10 AM

Damn, another one.

by Anonymousreply 1February 18, 2020 11:18 PM

I'm still around and just as Zoe.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2February 18, 2020 11:19 PM

Variety

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3February 19, 2020 2:43 AM

Who?

by Anonymousreply 4February 19, 2020 2:45 AM

Master Class

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5February 19, 2020 2:45 AM

New York Times

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6February 19, 2020 2:47 AM

Her memoir is a fun, easy read. What an exciting career. RIP.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7February 19, 2020 2:47 AM

Well, eventually someone who really mattered was bound to be caught in the mortality maelstrom of 2020.

by Anonymousreply 8February 19, 2020 2:48 AM

Winner of four Tony Awards, for Slapstick Tragedy, The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie, Medea, and Master Class. Almost as much as me, but not quite.

by Anonymousreply 9February 19, 2020 2:57 AM

She played DL fave Mrs. Patrick Campbell in "Dear Liar". She said Barry Humphries initially wrote Dame Edna for a woman and thought she might do it, but she didn't so he stepped in.

by Anonymousreply 10February 19, 2020 3:04 AM

So sad. Brilliant actress. I met her once at a Patti Lupone book signing. She was quietly in the back with a gentlemen, completed unnoticed until Patti squealed when she caught her eye...the room went nuts when we realized who it was

by Anonymousreply 11February 19, 2020 3:29 AM

I told her at a book signing how much I liked her in LILLIAN and that it was an extra thrill that Katharine Hepburn was in the audience. She said "Yes, she's a very good friend of mine." That's all I got.

by Anonymousreply 12February 19, 2020 2:19 PM

R11 Patti saw her in Master Class and sent her beautiful note how excellent she was. When Patti was offered to take over she thought it would be idiotic to follow Zoe but Zoe gave Patti her blessings. Zoe was one of the greatest, rip.

by Anonymousreply 13February 19, 2020 2:49 PM

R5 I just watched that, finding it while researching other theatrical videos, and it is breathtakingly brilliant. I saw Zoe in it, but Audra's understudy was on. Funny, biting and touching.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14February 19, 2020 5:47 PM

She became infamous when critic/cunt John Simon wrote an entire review about her looks when she did "Colette". It was one of his most quoted works and he proudly stood by it because it brought him so much publicity.

by Anonymousreply 15February 19, 2020 6:08 PM

So great, so grand.

RIP

by Anonymousreply 16February 19, 2020 7:40 PM

Lillian...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17February 20, 2020 1:42 AM

[quote] Lillian...

That looks like John Cameron Mitchell out of drag.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18February 20, 2020 1:57 AM

Maybe he could bring Lillian back to the Great White Way, r18!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19February 20, 2020 2:06 AM

Medea....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20February 20, 2020 2:10 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!