Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

James Gardner

Stone cold hunk!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14February 18, 2020 8:22 PM

His last name is Garner, dipshit.

by Anonymousreply 1February 18, 2020 7:05 PM

I have to agree. He was cute even into old age. I had a major crush on Jim Rockford, even as a little kid.

by Anonymousreply 2February 18, 2020 7:05 PM

The handsomest man who ever lived.

by Anonymousreply 3February 18, 2020 7:08 PM

Gardner McKay, OTOH...

OP is probably confused between the two of them.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4February 18, 2020 7:30 PM

James Garner was one of the sexiest hunk of man to ever grace the screen, back in the day.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5February 18, 2020 7:35 PM

His old series 'Maverick' is on every Sunday on MeTV. I rarely miss it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6February 18, 2020 7:38 PM

I own a little vintage clothing shop in LA and have a pic of him hanging on the wall. A regular customer told me after a few visits she was James' daughter's best friend. She said James was always so kind and warm. A good Democrat and he raced Mini Coopers-I LOVE him.

by Anonymousreply 7February 18, 2020 7:38 PM

He was gorgeous as Maverick and even more handsome as Rockford. One of the few actors who could transition between movies and TV.

by Anonymousreply 8February 18, 2020 7:39 PM

He was quite the stunt driver. There's a maneuver called The Garner that he perfected. It's hard to explain but I'll try: It's braking a speeding car and pulling a 180 so it's aiming in the other direction.

by Anonymousreply 9February 18, 2020 7:41 PM

Yes, R9, decades before Garner did it on The Rockford Files, it was known as a bootlegger's turn. I call it the Rockford 180. He did it quite well, but the maneuver has been around almost as long as automobiles have.

by Anonymousreply 10February 18, 2020 7:54 PM

His sister, Ava Garner, was pretty hot as well!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11February 18, 2020 8:01 PM

average looking guy

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12February 18, 2020 8:09 PM

Classic. This should be on the thread about shows that defined a decade.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13February 18, 2020 8:19 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14February 18, 2020 8:22 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!