Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Remember The Gorgeous Actor Sam Groom?

With his major league BDF. He was so damn beautiful back in the 80's. He's on an episode of Gunsmoke airing right now and I decided to check to see whatever became of him. Apparently his last job was on One Life To Live in 2004-2005.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17March 3, 2020 6:12 PM

Still a handsome rascal at 82.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1February 18, 2020 5:10 PM

My mother went to high school with him in Springfield, MA. He and his brother transferred in and the handsome Groom brothers were the talk of the school. Groom said he'd be an actor and then my mom saw him on "Days of Our Lives" years later.

by Anonymousreply 2February 18, 2020 5:11 PM

I remember him from Otherworld. I was so disappointed when it was cancelled.

by Anonymousreply 3February 18, 2020 5:18 PM

He was the original Russ Matthews on Another World and he was married for a very short time to DOOL's Suzanne Rogers (Maggie Horton Kiriakis). I remember him as the star of a syndicated '70s series in which he played a doctor of some sort.

by Anonymousreply 4February 18, 2020 5:18 PM

R1. That’s a great looking 82. Damn

by Anonymousreply 5February 18, 2020 5:24 PM

Make that my mom saw him on "Another World." My mistake.

by Anonymousreply 6February 19, 2020 3:28 PM

I watched Act One a few weeks ago on TCM and he stood out (looks wise) I had to look him up on IMDB. Very handsome at 25.

by Anonymousreply 7February 19, 2020 4:09 PM

And he had that sexy deep voice. He was the whole package.

by Anonymousreply 8February 20, 2020 2:52 PM

I first saw him in the film The Baby Maker with Barbara Hershey and Scott Glen.

by Anonymousreply 9February 26, 2020 3:15 PM

As Russ Matthews with Robin Strasser as the original Rachel on "Another World". Wow, is he ever still handsome!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10February 26, 2020 3:19 PM

Sam has a great chin.

by Anonymousreply 11February 26, 2020 3:21 PM

He played Russ very well off Strasser's Rachel.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12February 26, 2020 4:25 PM

One of those actors like David Selby or Joel Crothers who had chemistry with every actress he worked with.

by Anonymousreply 13February 26, 2020 9:43 PM

I'd love to see his baby maker.

by Anonymousreply 14March 3, 2020 5:04 PM

I remember him from Equinox in NY. Tiny meat, handsome man.

by Anonymousreply 15March 3, 2020 5:11 PM

He teaches acting in NYC.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16March 3, 2020 6:06 PM

R5 That photo is at least seven years old when he was a mere 73.

by Anonymousreply 17March 3, 2020 6:12 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!