Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

PRAYERS FOR BOBBY mother dead at 85

Mary Griffith, who lost her son, Bobby, to suicide and subsequently became an advocate for LGBTQ rights, has died at the age of 85.

The story of Griffith and her son was told in Leroy Aarons’s 1989 book Prayers for Bobby: A Mother’s Coming to Terms With the Suicide of Her Gay Son. The book was adapted into a Lifetime movie in 2009, starring Sigourney Weaver as Mary Griffith and Ryan Kelley as Bobby.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17February 19, 2020 12:20 AM

Here's a short interview with Mary Griffith and the cast from "Prayers for Bobby" including Sigourney Weaver. The clip also includes a picture of what the real-life Bobby looked like.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1February 18, 2020 3:21 PM

I'm glad she helped other parents and children. Sad she had to lose her own first.

by Anonymousreply 2February 18, 2020 3:24 PM

They actor who played Bobby later played a deputy on MTV's Teen Wolf.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3February 18, 2020 3:29 PM

RIP to a good person. I hope there is a heaven where she can be with her son again.

by Anonymousreply 4February 18, 2020 3:31 PM

The actor still hot.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5February 18, 2020 3:40 PM

DL never disappoints.

This woman dies but we at the DL can only talk about how hot the actor who played her son is.......

by Anonymousreply 6February 18, 2020 3:42 PM

RiP and thank you for everything you had contributed to the world.

by Anonymousreply 7February 18, 2020 3:43 PM

LOL, R6. Exactly my thought.

by Anonymousreply 8February 18, 2020 3:44 PM

Her family will enjoy hearing about that at her funeral, when a DLer approaches them and says, "You know, the actor that played Bobby makes me moister than a snack cake down there!"

by Anonymousreply 9February 18, 2020 3:50 PM

RIP. No snark.

by Anonymousreply 10February 18, 2020 3:52 PM

[quote] DL never disappoints.

[quote] This woman dies but we at the DL can only talk about how hot the actor who played her son is.......

Is the actor cut or uncut?

by Anonymousreply 11February 18, 2020 3:54 PM

Entire movie is on YT

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12February 18, 2020 3:55 PM

Siggy should have got the Emmy for this

by Anonymousreply 13February 18, 2020 6:22 PM

Siggy is a goddess

by Anonymousreply 14February 18, 2020 6:26 PM

Prayers for her. She was a wonderful woman and deserves all the credit in the world.

and prayer for the cute actor who played Bobby. I hope he is gay or turned gay after playing Bobby.

by Anonymousreply 15February 18, 2020 11:17 PM

Ryan Kelley (Bobby)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16February 18, 2020 11:59 PM

Good book, read it years ago. RIP.

by Anonymousreply 17February 19, 2020 12:20 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!