Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The struggles of obtaining a haircut as a nonbinary personx

“It's never enough to say where I'd like to be trimmed or shaved.”

A poem by Gray Crosbie exploring the difficulties some trans and non-binary people face when doing every day things like as getting a haircut.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 67February 20, 2020 4:48 AM

OP, must you distract my beautiful brain's attention with such trash posting? I realise this is working out perfectly for you, anything for attention, but we are not amused.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1February 18, 2020 12:52 PM

Easy fix-

“Did you want me to cut it to your bra OR jock strap?”

by Anonymousreply 2February 18, 2020 12:54 PM

And I thought I had it bad.

by Anonymousreply 3February 18, 2020 12:54 PM

It looks like a DIY cut anyhow.

by Anonymousreply 4February 18, 2020 12:56 PM

I support non binary and their struggles

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5February 18, 2020 1:09 PM

If he's a person with a penis, I find him kind of cute.

by Anonymousreply 6February 18, 2020 1:12 PM

Do better, barbers!

by Anonymousreply 7February 19, 2020 3:06 PM

Thank you for this hilariousness, OP. God, these gender-freaks have no shortage of narcissism or self pity. Woe is zir.

by Anonymousreply 8February 19, 2020 3:09 PM

I’m as women as they come, but all these personx, retardx, and stupid fuckerx are getting on my last nerve with their drama.

And no, I wish all of them happy lives, but I won’t even using “ze” or “hum” or whatever pronouns they pull out of their asses.

by Anonymousreply 9February 19, 2020 3:14 PM

DO at r3, you were never more needed.

by Anonymousreply 10February 19, 2020 3:15 PM

I meant I am as OPEN as they come! Omg, that cracked me up! What a rant. I’m a man!

Bye!

by Anonymousreply 11February 19, 2020 3:15 PM

Is there anything that is not LITERALLY a struggle for these folX?

by Anonymousreply 12February 19, 2020 3:18 PM

I don;t see why she can't just go where other lesbians go.

by Anonymousreply 13February 19, 2020 4:19 PM

R13 Because she doesn't see herself as a lesbian, she thinks she is a man.

by Anonymousreply 14February 19, 2020 4:22 PM

With those giant holes in your ears, does it matter what your hair looks like?

by Anonymousreply 15February 19, 2020 4:24 PM

The struggles of obtaining a haircut as a mentally ill person

by Anonymousreply 16February 19, 2020 4:32 PM

Fairly plain looking woman refers to her tits as ‘these swells in my chest’ and expects the rest of us to care about where she goes for a haircut.

by Anonymousreply 17February 19, 2020 4:33 PM

It is a serious problem. Barbers never understand the request, "Can you make me even more strange-looking and ugly?"

by Anonymousreply 18February 19, 2020 4:35 PM

I don't know of a single hairdresser or stylist who gives a fuck about cutting exactly what you want. They've got shit to do - just get in the damn chair.

And I'm sick and tired of them using the term binary inappropriately.

by Anonymousreply 19February 19, 2020 4:38 PM

When people don’t have actual struggles, they manufacture them.

by Anonymousreply 20February 19, 2020 4:39 PM

I think I understand why the LSA trolls hate white people now.

by Anonymousreply 21February 19, 2020 4:44 PM

These people are mentally ill. Calling your breasts "chest-swellings" suggests a disassociation with reality. We should be treating these people rather than indulging them. There's nothing non-binary about this girl and she has nothing to say. Don't like your haircut? Go somewhere else.

by Anonymousreply 22February 19, 2020 4:45 PM

What is personx?

by Anonymousreply 23February 19, 2020 4:46 PM

Trans in boiling oil! Now there that's better.

by Anonymousreply 24February 19, 2020 4:48 PM

Fucking hell, these people are exhausting.

by Anonymousreply 25February 19, 2020 4:49 PM

They sure are making it hard for us to give a fuck about them, aren't they? Most of these types remind me of children. They complain about every minor perceived slight and all the sensible adults can do is just roll their eyes and hope they eventually grow up and realize that we all have pain and struggles and some struggles are greater than others. Not every perceived injustice deserves a sermon or a rant or someone getting cancelled on Twitter.

by Anonymousreply 26February 19, 2020 4:50 PM

R26 - but that's kind of the root of all this - it's for attention, right? And for self-affirmation of being 'different'.

As someone said here a long time ago - most human lives and experiences are not unique.

There have always been butchy women and femme men. It doesn't make you 'non-binary'.

by Anonymousreply 27February 19, 2020 4:55 PM

I'm just not quite sure what to think about these gender fluid or non-binary people? Honestly, it seems like something that butch gals and fem guys (more the former it seems) have latched onto in order to somehow "validate" themselves.

by Anonymousreply 28February 19, 2020 5:00 PM

And to get attention r28

You’ll notice how you never see any hot and well adjusted people claiming to be non binary.

It’s always the fugs and social retards.

by Anonymousreply 29February 19, 2020 5:07 PM

R29 that is the truth.

by Anonymousreply 30February 19, 2020 5:17 PM

“Hi, I’m your new hairdresser. Please follow me.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31February 19, 2020 5:19 PM

So... this person tries desperately hard to be different and have a unique personal style... and then whines because the unique personal style is not familiar to barbers?

by Anonymousreply 32February 19, 2020 5:32 PM

and just try to get your tires rotated!

by Anonymousreply 33February 19, 2020 5:51 PM

Save a picture of the style you want on your phone and stop crying. Geez.

by Anonymousreply 34February 19, 2020 5:51 PM

With those ear gauges, I’d be more worried about finding meaningful employment to pay for said haircuts.

by Anonymousreply 35February 19, 2020 5:59 PM

They did this issue decades ago on SNL with Pat.

by Anonymousreply 36February 19, 2020 6:01 PM

...and when I'm at the grocery store, being forced to choose between paper and plastic triggers my fear of binary things!

by Anonymousreply 37February 19, 2020 6:10 PM

No, r12! They are the most oppressed minority! Their struggles are legendary.

by Anonymousreply 38February 19, 2020 6:20 PM

I don't understand why she has such a hard time defining how she identifies. She's straight up trying to look male. There's no feminine qualities there.

She's makes a point about the difference in haircut charges, which is real, but there's also a reason for that. Most male haircuts are short and not as much work. Now if a woman has the same cut, she should be charged the same.

And FFS, the world is not divided between feminine hair salons and male barber shops. Plenty of men go to hair salons and some women go to barber shops. Not a big deal. Ever.

Go to a lesbian or gay hair salon or barber shop then. Jesus, she twists herself into all of these imagined issues when there just isn't one.

by Anonymousreply 39February 19, 2020 6:27 PM

When are you people going to realise that the best solution is to pay these people no attention whatsoever. They are not writers. Or lifestyle radicals. They are not activists. This XYZ person spoke about this blog shark essay in its little clique for 2 weeks and even its friends were bored and annoyed and jealous. This is nothing. It's nothing. Nothing. It's not funny to read. Did you spend your time reading it? That's on you. Do not waste your time. Not funny. Nothing to see or learn.

by Anonymousreply 40February 19, 2020 7:11 PM

It's just a fucking haircut!

by Anonymousreply 41February 19, 2020 7:18 PM

How is that a poem in any way?

by Anonymousreply 42February 19, 2020 7:20 PM

The struggle is real, yo!

by Anonymousreply 43February 19, 2020 7:30 PM

R42 - it's a non-binary poem. Stop putting poems into a box where form and structure is all you care about. Poems can be anything and everything!

Every word out of my mouth is a poem. Every. Word. Get with it!

by Anonymousreply 44February 19, 2020 7:32 PM

That's a haircut?

by Anonymousreply 45February 19, 2020 7:33 PM

I didn't even notice the ear plugs as they're so common where I live.

by Anonymousreply 46February 19, 2020 7:35 PM

R40 you wrote that rant and didn't notice it was a video?

by Anonymousreply 47February 19, 2020 7:43 PM

R44 is right.

Do better, r42.

by Anonymousreply 48February 19, 2020 7:50 PM

The xtrugglex of obtaininx a hairxut as a nonbinary personx

by Anonymousreply 49February 19, 2020 7:50 PM

One word: Insufferable.

by Anonymousreply 50February 19, 2020 8:05 PM

Oh, I can see why everyone is getting upset. This 14 year old boy got a bad haircut and he’s not happy. Why didn’t he take his dad along to the barber? And what kind of parents allow those large, ugly earrings. I hope those are clip-ons.

Things were easier in my day. You knew who you were then. Girls were girls, and men were men.

Mister, we could really use a man like Herbert Hoover again.

by Anonymousreply 51February 19, 2020 8:13 PM

This level of extreme narcissism where they think the hairdressers care about the intimate lives of the people who they cut.

Imagine working 5 days a week in a barber shop that's open 10-6. You cut maybe 15 people's hair a day, so 75 people a week. Assuming the barber takes holidays that's maybe 3,500 hair cuts a year. Even if all their customers are regulars and they visit once a month, that's nearly 300 different customers a month.

Do you honestly think barbers give a shit about how you identify? Do you ever ask the barber how they are? ME ME ME ME ME.

Just put the gown, on, sit in the chair, tell them what you want done and avoid eye contact for half an hour and then even if your hair isn't exactly how you want it say "yeah that's great thanks".

Fucking cretins.

by Anonymousreply 52February 19, 2020 8:14 PM

THIS is real difficulty in getting a hair cut.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53February 19, 2020 8:18 PM

r20 I'm beginning to think that is looking like an increasingly true statement.

by Anonymousreply 54February 19, 2020 8:28 PM

Oh, the humanityx!

by Anonymousreply 55February 19, 2020 8:30 PM

[quote] Just put the gown, on, sit in the chair, tell them what you want done and avoid eye contact for half an hour

...and hope the barber rubs his cock on your hands...

by Anonymousreply 56February 19, 2020 8:43 PM

JFC- I don't usually rant about my life, but this miserable little sod has madw me MAD! 21/2 Yrs. ago an incompetent surgeon ( a doctor I had trusted for 11 years) fucked up a routine surgery leaving me with permanent nerve damage. Since then, I've had five mire procedures, countless PT, and even in this miserable day of Opiate scourge- managed to impress Pain management doctors with the complexity of my injuries and need for various medications. Despite the nightmare my life has become, I don't wallow on like this simpleton narcissist who can't see past her own g-d damn honker. I force myself out of bed, push myself through challenging PT for the sake of my elderly mother, and still try to help the world around me- even if it's just to help my equally disabled neighbor take in her trash or buy cookies when the neighborhood kids come around. But this Bitch NO!- And I'll tell you why "HE'S a *bitch* cause if he gave a damn he'd work to come up with a SOLUTION for others who struggle like him, find a barber who specializes in non-binary folk. In short- not make it all about whoever the fuck he is.

Twat.

by Anonymousreply 57February 19, 2020 8:44 PM

Yes, but how is your haircut, r57?

by Anonymousreply 58February 19, 2020 8:49 PM

No idea if this person is a he or a she but he or she's welcome to come for a cut and colour at Hair by Jill.

We won't charge him or her any less depending on if they have a cock or not.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59February 19, 2020 9:01 PM

BE what YOU want. Wear YOUR hair how YOU want. And leave the rest of us out of it. And I am a man. NOT a cis-man. A MAN.

by Anonymousreply 60February 19, 2020 9:10 PM

The real struggle is to obtain a good haircut.

All non-binary freaks look like shit. All of them.

by Anonymousreply 61February 19, 2020 9:16 PM

R59 It's a she.

A good way to identify the birth genders of these freaks is by seeing how they present themselves. The ones that present themselves more masculinely (yet just end up look like dykes) are women with vaginas. You can identify them with baggy hoodies and jeans, short, ugly, dyed hair, and piercings. The ones that sport full beards while wearing clown makeup, having long unwashed hair, and wearing slutty women's clothing have dicks.

The women want to be seen as men and the men want to be seen as women. Just think of everything as opposite day and you'll be able to identify who is really what a whole lot easier.

by Anonymousreply 62February 19, 2020 9:34 PM

Stupid thread

by Anonymousreply 63February 19, 2020 9:51 PM

the struggles of obtaining a haircut, period.

regardless of how much schooling hairdressers have, they are pretty damned clueless about aesthetics, as a rule.

by Anonymousreply 64February 19, 2020 9:57 PM

Real aesthetics, r64, or weightlifting "aesthetics"?

by Anonymousreply 65February 19, 2020 10:00 PM

R62 you can almost always tell the biological sex of these people by their overall builds. Unless they were a tall woman to begin with, or a short man to begin with, height is a solid indicator. That, and size of hands, shape of face and neck, and the width of their hips. It's very easy to tell unless they were already androgynous in the first place.

by Anonymousreply 66February 19, 2020 10:06 PM

How dare you look at they's chest swellings with a binary eye, r66!

by Anonymousreply 67February 20, 2020 4:48 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!