Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Grover Cleveland

He murdered two people by hanging, choosing to do the dirty work himself.

He was accused of raping a widow he was courting. To shut her up he accused her of being insane, had her institutionalized and their illegitimate child was reared by acquaintances.

He forged programs to assimilate Native Americans into white society and destroy their culture.

Cleveland 47, was a bachelor when elected president. To avoid the rumor mill he married a woman 27 years younger than him, who was a child of a family friend.

[quote]Grover Cleveland, met his future wife shortly after she was born and he was 27 years old. He took an avuncular interest in her, buying her a baby carriage and otherwise doting on her as she grew up. When her father died in a carriage accident on July 23, 1875, without having written a will, the court appointed Cleveland administrator of his estate. This brought Cleveland into still more contact with Frances, then age 11.

by Anonymousreply 9February 20, 2020 7:32 AM

In elementary school we had to choose a president to do a report on and I picked Grover Cleveland thinking he must have been interesting since there was a Muppet named after him. So wrong.

by Anonymousreply 1February 18, 2020 9:50 AM

I believe I babysat him.

by Anonymousreply 2February 18, 2020 12:00 PM

He spanked me two non-consecutive times

by Anonymousreply 3February 18, 2020 4:42 PM

He was a real piece of work

by Anonymousreply 4February 19, 2020 10:05 AM

Was he a great big fat ass who got stuck in a bathtub?

by Anonymousreply 5February 19, 2020 10:30 AM

Yes, that's another thing: he was REALLY fat.

by Anonymousreply 6February 19, 2020 12:19 PM

In before someone says Trump is a lot worse than Grover.

by Anonymousreply 7February 19, 2020 12:26 PM

He sounds like a very standup guy! Is he available? Because I've got an opening for a new Attorney General coming up.

Oh, never mind, looks like he's a Democrat.

by Anonymousreply 8February 19, 2020 12:43 PM

r5

No, that was Taft. It was odd because EVERYONE (even Taft), thought he was a failure as a president. But then he was appointed, Chief Justice of the Supreme Court and history agrees that he was one of our best Chief Justices.

by Anonymousreply 9February 20, 2020 7:32 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!