Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Jessica Lange: From Kong to Blue Sky | 1995

Be Kind Rewind just published this segment on Mama. I love that podcast and they did her justice, gawddamit!

Mama is giving you beauty, power, vulnerability- she’s showing you that she can [bold]work[/bold]. She’s ravishing, she’s dazzling, she’s riveting!

Give it to her!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24February 24, 2020 10:35 PM

[quote]Give it to her!

I give her two thumbs down.

by Anonymousreply 1February 18, 2020 8:17 AM

F&F.

by Anonymousreply 2February 18, 2020 8:19 AM

[quote] she’s showing you that she can work.

Showing "work" wasn't what got her Kong.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3February 18, 2020 8:52 AM

I saw this today and immediately thought of LFF.

I hope she does more videos on actress careers like this. She’s probably running out of material for juicy Best Actress Oscar race material.

I love her. She is one of my favourite YouTubers.

by Anonymousreply 4February 18, 2020 9:05 AM

Who the fuck is Mama?

As a Lange fan myself - that is just cringeworthy and makes my flesh crawl.

Grow the fuck up.

by Anonymousreply 5February 18, 2020 10:36 AM

Fuck you, 1-5...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6February 18, 2020 2:40 PM

What did I say that was so offensive?

by Anonymousreply 7February 18, 2020 9:11 PM

Whew girl. The audacity you have, you pocked face, horse looking motherfucker.... I suggest you and your sick pals leave me the fuck alone before I start posting some real shit...

Get out of La La Land, bitch, and get a grasp of the real work from beneath your dump of sin-enema, where everything is so sad, dreary and fake, you can choke on it. Unless, of course, you want to wind up like Faye...

Oops! Eerily, you’re already there in looks and character!

Say hi to your friend Matt, bitch.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8February 19, 2020 4:51 AM

NO, people should pay attention here. Be Kind Rewind is one of the best kept secrets in the world. She is scholarly in her pursuit and devotion of all her subjects. With wonderful clips and casually woke commentary, her video explorations present intense POP discussion and very good film history. Well written and produced, casual and provocative discourse.

Lange was overdue for exploration, but this is not one of my favorite videos from Be Kind Rewind. I don't think she loves Jess as much as she does Vivien Leigh, Meryl, Sissy Spacek or Judy Garland. Regardless the videos are ALL fantastic and the Jessica Lange fan just went up in my estimation that he even watches this youtube channel. Yay for gorgeous and intriguing Jessica Lange. This video is about a previously top tier actress winning the Oscar for a showy performance in a mediocre film, in yet another weak year for actresses. Did you know that only 33% of films even have a female lead? Be Kind Rewind provides us with fantastic small essays. Lange deserves more. But it's a start. Ha. Congrats Lange Fan.

Watch this you freaks. All of her videos on Hollywood films, past and present, are superb.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9February 19, 2020 6:34 AM

Jessica is getting rather full of herself in her old age

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10February 19, 2020 7:11 AM

Be Kind Rewind is great.

Lange is great.

The brain dead babbling Lange twink who treats DL like his own personal Drag Race confessional makes me violent.

by Anonymousreply 11February 19, 2020 7:49 AM

LFF,

I haven’t lived in LA in over five years.

I don’t know any Matts.

I’ve also been clear that I’ve always revered your stanning.

I don’t know what it is that I’ve done to you, but I will stop reaching out to you if those are your wishes. I’m sorry things have taken such an ugly turn between us.

by Anonymousreply 12February 19, 2020 10:30 AM

Also, I don’t have any pals on the DL (to my knowledge). I barely have any on AW. And I always rep you on your returns there.

by Anonymousreply 13February 19, 2020 10:32 AM

R9 I thought I sensed bias, lol. She did a great job with Lange but I sensed resistance in plumbing the depths and heights of her career. It wasn’t too noticeable but I took note.

Between her Vanity Fair retrospective last year which has been viewed by 1.3 million people (and still counting) and lovely little tributes like this, Lange’s career before AHS is being rediscovered and re-examined.

by Anonymousreply 14February 19, 2020 2:32 PM

Cinesnatch,

Bernie’s performance tonight has me feeling like I’m getting fucked by Aaron Taylor Johnson as I type this, so I’m feeling civil.

You know what you did, don’t play dumb. I will not discuss this with you on a fucking forum and, unfortunately for you, you will not get the chance to explain yourself to me privately. Stew in it for a bit. It’ll come to you, Vincelette.

Admittedly, going after your looks was wrong and I apologize for that. But you hurt me and I’m capable of much worse in retaliation...

I’ve held back, with buttons nonetheless - BIG RED ONES - to press right in front of me.

Anyway, stop addressing me in any way..

by Anonymousreply 15February 20, 2020 3:08 AM

Let your pals know to. I’ve got their numbers.

by Anonymousreply 16February 20, 2020 3:09 AM

*too

Oops!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17February 20, 2020 3:10 AM

LFF,

I haven’t lived in LA for over five years. I don’t know a Matt. I don’t have pals associated with you (or on here). And I’m secure with my looks, and I don’t care what you think about them (especially after posting quite the opposite in the past). And guess what? I don’t lie.

The last time we interacted on AW chat (January 2019), I cut things off with you because you were projecting your delusions on me and it was exhausting. Some things haven’t changed.

You’re either deluded and/or have been fed misinformation. Believe whatever you want to believe. I don’t fucking care.

by Anonymousreply 18February 20, 2020 8:38 AM

This thread is turning into a Dennis Cooper novel.

by Anonymousreply 19February 23, 2020 7:34 PM

I agree with R9. I thought she was going to do a thing on Fiorentino and then she didn’t.

by Anonymousreply 20February 23, 2020 7:36 PM

OP asshole, I know this is retaliation because I said that as an actress she was veering between 'embarrasingly bad' and 'completely generic'. Then you called me a Matt, and posted 3 clips of blue sky. Then this. Just to let you know, cunt, you are FFed. DIE !!!

by Anonymousreply 21February 23, 2020 7:40 PM

[quote] Did you know that only 33% of films even have a female lead?

There is a long essay or even a book to be written examining why female stars went from dominating the industry in the Golden Age to being mere afterthoughts in the Blockbuster Franchise Era, but simply sexism -- as Be Kind Rewind attempts to claim in her Jessica Lange video -- isn't the whole story.

by Anonymousreply 22February 23, 2020 7:42 PM

R22 what is the rest of the story?

by Anonymousreply 23February 24, 2020 7:07 AM

Retarded R21, breathe.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24February 24, 2020 10:35 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!