Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Lee Meriwether is still alive!

I was watching former Miss America Lee Meriwether on Match Game today and I was thrilled to find out that she's still with alive at age 84. I thought she had passed away years ago. She always had such a pleasant and positive energy about her.

I was shocked to find out that fellow Miss America and Match Game panelist Mary Ann Mobley died in 2014. I never heard anything about her dying, did you?

I love to watch the old reruns of Match Game on the GSN, but it's melancholy to see how all of these funny and vital panelists are now gone. The years go by so quickly.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38February 18, 2020 10:53 PM

Lee appeared on Gilbert Gottfried's podcast a few years ago. She was pleasant company.

by Anonymousreply 1February 18, 2020 12:24 AM

Cat woman!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2February 18, 2020 12:31 AM

Joanne Worley kinda looks amazing for 82.

by Anonymousreply 3February 18, 2020 12:32 AM

Apparently Mary Anne Mobley was diagnosed with Stage 3 Breast Cancer in 2009. It sounds like it recurred in 2012, and she died from it in 2014.

I remember how Gary Collins kept getting arrested for driving drunk. Articles I found online said they divorced in 2011, but he went to Mississippi to be by her side in 2012 after her diagnosis. It sounds like he passed away while he was living in Mississippi assisting Mary Anne...

Very sad end to what seemed like a nice couple. I always liked them both.

by Anonymousreply 4February 18, 2020 12:33 AM

She's a born again Christian & a 700 Club repeat offender. Fuck her & old Barnaby Jones. Her name should be Ratwoman in our community.

I hope you're not the Andrea Martin troll who worships celebrities.

Because if so then you sure know how to pick them.

She hangs out with Terry Meeuwsen (Miss America '73 & 700 Club co-host for years) & dead 700 CLub supporters Mary Ann Mobley ('59 MA winner) & Gary Collins (her husband).

Pat Robertson used to host a Miss America get together with all of the living Miss America winners (except for Vanessa WIlliams who of course had to resign) on his show. I haven't see The 700 Club in years so I don't know if it's still a thing with all of them.

As usual for the Data Lounge, R4 & OP love the religious right 's most famous nuts (& probably trash pro LGBT famous people on other threads).

Here's Lee's & Mary Anne's great pal Terry M. with a self hating gay guy (same old same old) =

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5February 18, 2020 12:49 AM

OP, you'll be happy to hear that Match Game regular Jo Ann Pflug is still alive, too. She's

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6February 18, 2020 12:51 AM

R6, is the “p” silent?

by Anonymousreply 7February 18, 2020 12:53 AM

LM looks wonderful at r2.

by Anonymousreply 8February 18, 2020 1:03 AM

R8 She looks like Madonna's love child with Alice (the maid from the Brady Bunch).

by Anonymousreply 9February 18, 2020 1:11 AM

Love Jo Ann Pflug! I thought she was a sexy woman. She used to be married to Chuck Woolery.

by Anonymousreply 10February 18, 2020 1:15 AM

Odd things I remember about women in this thread:

Mary Ann Mobley was the murderer in a Perry Mason episode (only time I saw her play a bitch!).

Lee Meriwether will always be remembered to me from "The Time Tunnel".

Jo Ann Worley lost longtime hubby Roger Perry to DL fave/tramp Joyce Bulifant.

by Anonymousreply 11February 18, 2020 1:17 AM

I found JoAnn Pflug's twitter page, and I'm really worried that she hasn't posted anything in 10 years ago.

It breaks my heart that she only has 74 followers and only a couple of people have posted comments on her page.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12February 18, 2020 1:21 AM

R11, You must have missed Mary Ann playing the bitchy tour guide on Designing Women.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13February 18, 2020 1:25 AM

Mary Ann also suffered a lot of her adult life from and raised money for Chrone’s Disease.

by Anonymousreply 14February 18, 2020 1:28 AM

Lee Meriwether was the mis-cast recast for Ruth Martin on All My Children. She looked NOTHING like the original and beloved Mary Fickett. It was especially jarring when they then went back to Fickett and then back to Meriwether.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15February 18, 2020 1:29 AM

Joann whirly is too

by Anonymousreply 16February 18, 2020 1:31 AM

Fannie Flagg, the beautiful lipstick lesbian is still alive.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17February 18, 2020 1:33 AM

Why was Jamie Lee Curtis on Match Game so much? Halloween was a HUGE hit movie and her family was Hollywood royalty, so it made no sense for her to be a panelist on a game show along with Bret Sommers and Charles Nelson Reilly.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18February 18, 2020 1:39 AM

The HALLOWEEN fee didn't keep her in coke long.

by Anonymousreply 19February 18, 2020 1:42 AM

R15 I don't dislike Meriwether and she didn't do a bad job at acting, but she totally miscast on AMC and couldn't be more unlike Fickett's Ruth. It was a clear case of stunt casting since Meriwether was a "name." They should've just brought her in as an all new character, because that's what she essentially made her version of Ruth. After Meriwether returned in the early 2000s, after Fickett left for good, the character was mostly irrelevant anyway and usually only appeared occasionally.

by Anonymousreply 20February 18, 2020 1:46 AM

Match Game holds a special place in my heart because I can remember watching it as a little kid while my mom was putting on her makeup in the mornings. I can still hear us laughing together at something Brett or Charles said. It feels just like yesterday.

by Anonymousreply 21February 18, 2020 2:01 AM

R20 Speaking of recasts, I always felt like Mary Fickett would have been a much better recast for Miss Ellie on Dallas, instead of Donna Reed.

by Anonymousreply 22February 18, 2020 2:06 AM

I'm happy to see Lee and JoAnne out and about. They look great.

by Anonymousreply 23February 18, 2020 2:14 AM

The one where she's blonde, r11?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24February 18, 2020 2:16 AM

Lee Meriwether was Miss San Francisco en route to becoming Miss America.

by Anonymousreply 25February 18, 2020 2:18 AM

R25 And now she's Mrs. Virginia Beach.

by Anonymousreply 26February 18, 2020 2:21 AM

I waited on Lee in an Hotel 20 years ago. I said " Well if it isn't Miss America , Catwoman and Barnaby Jone's secretary all rolled Into one." She hugged me and kissed me on the cheek .

by Anonymousreply 27February 18, 2020 3:44 AM

Was Lee Catwoman before Eartha Kitten?

by Anonymousreply 28February 18, 2020 3:46 AM

R28 Lee never played Catwoman on the actual tv show. Julie Newmar played Catwoman in Seasons 1 & 2 of the tv show, then they made the movie spin off with Lee as Catwoman, but Eartha Kitt played Catwoman in the third and final season of the show.

by Anonymousreply 29February 18, 2020 3:53 AM

^^Sorry I meant the movie was released between the first and second season.

by Anonymousreply 30February 18, 2020 3:55 AM

She finally dropped that phony accent.

by Anonymousreply 31February 18, 2020 4:03 AM

It looks like Bess Myerson, the first Jewish Miss America and Ed Koch beard, also died in 2014. Perhaps there are others who died that year too, and Miss Meriwether escaped the massacre?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32February 18, 2020 4:12 AM

If Lee is such a right wing homophobe, I doubt she'd have been onstage with that group.

by Anonymousreply 33February 18, 2020 4:19 AM

Julie and Eartha would never sell us out for the 700 Club.

Remember when all 3 showed up at the TV Land Awards to present?

by Anonymousreply 34February 18, 2020 4:58 AM

Oh please R33 so many people have been anti-gay & peddled their stuff to our community just for the sake of making a name for themselves or making a buck..

Fantasia is a big example.

Michelle Shocked is another.

Little Richard

Kim Burrell

Chaka Khan

Blake Shelton

Isaiah Washington

by Anonymousreply 35February 18, 2020 5:00 AM

Eartha had no problem selling out blacks when she went to South Africa again and again.

by Anonymousreply 36February 18, 2020 6:11 AM

R35 Especially with Little Richard, wouldn't he a self-hating gay rather than anti-gay.

by Anonymousreply 37February 18, 2020 10:38 PM

Lee co-starred in the 2018 youtube series "Rise of the Catwoman." Despite good reviews, I don't think it made it past the first episode.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38February 18, 2020 10:53 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!