Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

People who say "He's not wrong" instead of "I agree with him" or "He's right"

Isn't this just a passive way to agree with someone / their opinion? Why did this become normalized? It's tedious and annoying.

by Anonymousreply 9February 17, 2020 9:34 PM

I think it's more of a sense that there is some truth to an argument, but you may not agree completely.

by Anonymousreply 1February 17, 2020 7:01 PM

So it's a wishy-washy way of agreeing with someone? Meh.

by Anonymousreply 2February 17, 2020 7:02 PM

The worst. Very similar to, “I don’t disagree.”. Ok, then, passive aggressive and wishy-washy motherfucker, you agree.

by Anonymousreply 3February 17, 2020 7:05 PM

Kind of what R1 says, but it also, a person can same something and all the facts they lay out are correct, (i.e., not wrong), but the conclusion or inference they draw isn't something you totally agree with.

by Anonymousreply 4February 17, 2020 7:06 PM

People get hung up on the weirdest shit around here.

by Anonymousreply 5February 17, 2020 7:20 PM

Hey OP..,.no problem.

by Anonymousreply 6February 17, 2020 7:24 PM

It's used when one agrees with a specific comment made by someone everyone hates or with a controversial statement that is nonetheless backed up by evidence. Another way to say it would be "I hate to agree with him, but he's right about this specific thing. Please don't think I'm terrible."

In other words, OP, you're not wrong.

by Anonymousreply 7February 17, 2020 8:47 PM

It has a completely different nuance from the othere. Think about "not bad" vs. "good." It's the same in Japanese too, for what it's worth (it's worth nothing).

by Anonymousreply 8February 17, 2020 8:49 PM

Who the fuck are you, OP. Emily Post? Suck a toad.

by Anonymousreply 9February 17, 2020 9:34 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!