Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Roz Chast Appreciation Thread

She's provided The New Yorker with subtly hilarious cartoons for decades, understands the human condition perfectly, and manages to convey life's truths in a way that makes you want to laugh and cry simultaneously. Let's hear it for Roz!!! Feel free to post some of your favorites - I'll start:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15February 18, 2020 7:41 PM

Another favorite:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1February 17, 2020 3:22 PM

Classic:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2February 17, 2020 3:30 PM

She must have visited Datalounge at some point

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3February 17, 2020 3:38 PM

Her new book 'You Can Only Yell at Me for One Thing at a Time: Rules for Couples' is also great.

"Sexual favors in exchange for cleaning up the cat vomit is a good and fair trade."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4February 17, 2020 3:55 PM

Love her!!!!!!!! She autographed one of my favorite cartoons at Barnes and Noble years ago. Sweet person

by Anonymousreply 5February 17, 2020 3:57 PM

Love her. Saw an interview with a local college professor. She is such a NYer and so humble anD down to earth. Some really good insights into life. Glad that a creative person like her can still make a living.

I was surprised to find out she has lived in Fairfield County CT for years. Like Weston or Westport or something. She seems like such a hardcore NYer.

by Anonymousreply 6February 17, 2020 4:19 PM

I love the kids in the M.K. Retirement Plan!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7February 18, 2020 12:41 AM

So many. But one that comes to mind is two teenage boys sitting on a curb and the one says to the other “I wanna run away and join the circus. Not one of this big tacky ones. One of those European ones “.

by Anonymousreply 8February 18, 2020 12:52 AM

Fuck I want to post some. But also “Unholy Cow”.

Three panels. First is far away. Cow says “I hate being a cow”

Next is closer. “Nature is overrated”

Final is close up of cow, eating it’s food or cud or whatever you call it. “God damn this feed”.

by Anonymousreply 9February 18, 2020 12:55 AM

For R8

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10February 18, 2020 2:03 AM

So true . . .

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11February 18, 2020 2:10 AM

She’s definitely a Datalounger! See the Three Blind Mice panel

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12February 18, 2020 2:24 AM

New Yorker cartoons are absolute shit.

They haven’t been amusing in decades.

by Anonymousreply 13February 18, 2020 2:40 AM

I think the Roz Chast ones are the ONLY funny New Yorker cartoons ever. The only ones I’ve ever laughed at.

by Anonymousreply 14February 18, 2020 6:31 PM

I think Roz Chast is great. I'm also a big George Booth fan.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15February 18, 2020 7:41 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!