Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Drew Carey's ex Fiancee Murdered.

Drew Carey's ex-fiancee, Dr. Amie Harwick, has been murdered after cops say an ex-boyfriend attacked her and caused her to fall from a third-story balcony.

Law enforcement sources say they got a call early Saturday morning of a woman screaming in a Hollywood Hills neighborhood. Cops were met in the street by Harwick's roommate, who said she was being assaulted inside her home.

We're told once officers attempted to get inside Harwick's home, they found her unresponsive underneath a third-story balcony, with injuries consistent with a fall. Harwick was taken to a hospital where she later died from her injuries.

Cops say evidence suggested there was forced entry and a struggle inside Harwick's home before she was discovered. Investigators located surveillance footage in the neighborhood and determined the suspect was a white male dressed in black.

Detectives learned Harwick had recently expressed concerns about an ex-boyfriend -- who she once had a restraining order against -- causing her harm. Cops say the restraining order ended just two weeks ago and Harwick had recently seen the ex.

Cops arrested the ex, Gareth Pursehouse, Saturday afternoon and booked him for murder.

Drew and Harwick started dating in 2017 and announced their engagement in early 2018. However, they split less than a year later.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 88February 20, 2020 7:58 PM

Comics are always unlucky in love. They pick the nuttiest person in the room.

by Anonymousreply 1February 17, 2020 1:33 PM

If she had married Drew, she'd still be alive.

by Anonymousreply 2February 17, 2020 1:35 PM

She was a doctor AND a golddigger?

by Anonymousreply 3February 17, 2020 1:36 PM

[quote]Dr. Amie Harwick is a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist. She has her Bachelors of Arts in Psychology from California Polytechnic University in Pomona, California. She has her Masters of Arts in Clinical Psychology with an emphasis on Marriage and Family Therapy from Pepperdine University. She graduated from the Institute for Advanced Study of Human Sexuality with her Doctorate of Human Sexuality.

I'm sorry, but I hate when people who didn't go to medical school use "doctor."

by Anonymousreply 4February 17, 2020 1:46 PM

I guess the price was wrong.

by Anonymousreply 5February 17, 2020 1:48 PM

[quote]I'm sorry, but I hate when people who didn't go to medical school use "doctor."

[quote] She graduated from the Institute for Advanced Study of Human Sexuality with her [bold]Doctorate[/bold] of Human Sexuality.

She had every right to call herself Doctor.

by Anonymousreply 6February 17, 2020 1:54 PM

Has Carey ever been married? He was engaged to a woman with a young son a while back and he said it was his desire to get healthy for the kid that spurred his weight loss. But that relationship soon ended, too.

by Anonymousreply 7February 17, 2020 1:54 PM

Drew is very much into BDSM. He was a client of a dominatrix acquaintance of mine for a long while. She said he was very nice and a good tipper.

by Anonymousreply 8February 17, 2020 1:55 PM

R4.

Only I am a REAL doctor!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9February 17, 2020 1:55 PM

I run The Institute Force for Super Advanced Studies of Human Sexuality and one of our doctors is dead!

R6, would you care for a doctorate crime stopping? Stop these madmen from killing my doctors.

by Anonymousreply 10February 17, 2020 1:59 PM

Her credentials are kind of a joke. MFT degrees are a dime a dozen and that PhD place is just a diploma mill.

by Anonymousreply 11February 17, 2020 2:03 PM

R6, I specifically put up her qualifications because I saw she had a "doctorate," I'm saying that personally, I hate when people use it if they didn't go to MEDICAL school. Tons of people have "doctorates," but I think it's a joke when someone uses it when they're not medical doctors. It's obnoxious because they clearly want people thinking they're a REAL doctor. They want that perception.

And the place she got her "doctorate" isn't even accredited.

by Anonymousreply 12February 17, 2020 2:04 PM

R12, I’m only busting them on you. Frankly, I’m with you on that, it just came across as funny to me.

Pointless snark and bitchery was all.

by Anonymousreply 13February 17, 2020 2:07 PM

We're doctors, too.

by Anonymousreply 14February 17, 2020 2:08 PM

Don’t forget me!

by Anonymousreply 15February 17, 2020 2:10 PM

It's all good, R13.

I certainly feel sorry for this poor woman, but I couldn't helping being pointlessly bitchy. about that.

by Anonymousreply 16February 17, 2020 2:10 PM

help*

by Anonymousreply 17February 17, 2020 2:10 PM

I thought he was gay.

by Anonymousreply 18February 17, 2020 2:28 PM

Reminds me when I was in grad school, and I was having a rough time of it, so I signed up for some counseling sessions at the student services center. Since it was part of a big university system they were able to draw off of the intern/clinical staff of the psychology and med school departments. I started my sessions with a woman in her 30's who had her master's but was completing her internship towards her Psy D. She was very *special* though- always flashing the 5- karat rock from the fiance, dressed to the nines etc- a little over the top for student services if you ask me. One day she comes in with a PERFECTLY TAILORED Lab Coat with her name *embroidered* across the chest and sure enough the "Psy D" after it. "You can call me * Doctor* now", she squealed! I had to bite my cheeks so hard not to laugh in her face!

by Anonymousreply 19February 17, 2020 2:33 PM

R14, actually Martin Luther King had a doctorate in divinity.

by Anonymousreply 20February 17, 2020 2:35 PM

^Thanks for the laugh. God, she must be insufferable.

by Anonymousreply 21February 17, 2020 2:35 PM

[quote]I hate when people who didn't go to medical school use "doctor."

The fuck? She had a PhD, she was a doctor. Who are you and the 7 morons who think only medical doctors should be called "doctor"?

by Anonymousreply 22February 17, 2020 2:51 PM

She got it from a school that wasn't even accredited. And it's not "moronic" to say that the use of "doctor" is very liberal with some. It is ridiculous that someone who gets a doctorate in some nonsense is on par with a neurosurgeon.

You're offended for a reason, R22. What are you a "doctor" in? Beatles history?

by Anonymousreply 23February 17, 2020 2:55 PM

It's not about this particular woman's credentials, it's the idea that anyone who doesn't have a medical doctorate shouldn't be allowed to be called "doctor" because they're "not real." That's the kind of ignorant redneck thinking Datalounge usually makes fun of; here, for some reason, it's a dumb idea that has taken over the entire thread.

I mean, what's your end game here? Are you just trying to lead up to saying this lady deserved to be brutally murdered? Or are you just some malcontent troll in a bad mood because you had to go into work hungover again?

by Anonymousreply 24February 17, 2020 3:00 PM

Why compare her to a neurosurgeon? A dermatologist would have been sufficient. They are doctors, after all.

by Anonymousreply 25February 17, 2020 3:00 PM

There are people trolling her accused murderer's Twitter as if he's able to read it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26February 17, 2020 3:02 PM

[quote] I mean, what's your end game here? Are you just trying to lead up to saying this lady deserved to be brutally murdered?

Wow. You must’ve hurt yourself landing after that giant leap.

by Anonymousreply 27February 17, 2020 3:10 PM

Anyone who’s gotten a PhD from an accredited university should be able to call themselves doctor. But this woman had a PhD from a human sexuality institute...🤔🤔🤔🤔

by Anonymousreply 28February 17, 2020 3:15 PM

Murderous boyfriend was hawt !

by Anonymousreply 29February 17, 2020 3:16 PM

[quote]I mean, what's your end game here? Are you just trying to lead up to saying this lady deserved to be brutally murdered?

The fact that this is what you got out of my own opinion about "doctorates," means you must really have some shitty one that you're insecure about, so you had to go completely off the deep end. WTF is wrong with you that your mind even went here? Fucking lunatic.

You need a doctor, A real one.

by Anonymousreply 30February 17, 2020 3:18 PM

He's a republican. She was probably one too. One less vote for Trump.

by Anonymousreply 31February 17, 2020 4:01 PM

Well, she's dead so we don't have to worry about her calling herself a doctor, do we? R28

by Anonymousreply 32February 17, 2020 4:02 PM

R10, what are you trying to rattle on about?

by Anonymousreply 33February 17, 2020 4:05 PM

R31 Read his Twitter - he was railing against Matt Goetz.

by Anonymousreply 34February 17, 2020 4:08 PM

I wonder where the killer got the idea to throw her off the balcony?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35February 17, 2020 4:18 PM

I swear, only on Datalounge!

Good show, r35!

by Anonymousreply 36February 17, 2020 4:23 PM

^OMG, you cruel, beautiful bitch.

by Anonymousreply 37February 17, 2020 4:28 PM

Why has no one mentioned how hot the murderer is?

by Anonymousreply 38February 17, 2020 4:30 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39February 17, 2020 4:31 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40February 17, 2020 4:32 PM

There was forced entry. She was probably trying to get away from him in a panic and thought she could climb over the balcony and slipped. This probably wasn't first degree murder, but it's too bad. Why are super good looking guys always psychos.

by Anonymousreply 41February 17, 2020 4:38 PM

Why hasn't anyone said "He can murder me anytime" ?

by Anonymousreply 42February 17, 2020 4:44 PM

Eh, he doesn’t hold a candle to that hunka hunka burnin love, Drew.

by Anonymousreply 43February 17, 2020 4:47 PM

Gareth Pursehouse = gayest name EVER

by Anonymousreply 44February 17, 2020 4:49 PM

Wow Diedrich ,I googled you and honey , you hit the wall at 90 mph !

by Anonymousreply 45February 17, 2020 4:49 PM

BREAKING! The police have a new suspect in custody!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46February 17, 2020 4:50 PM

She looked a bit like Dita Von Teese

by Anonymousreply 47February 17, 2020 4:58 PM

[quote]When officers arrived, Harwick’s roommate met them in the street and informed officers that she was being assaulted. The roommate had escaped by jumping over a wall and going to a neighboring residence to call for help.

The roommate didn't have a cell phone?

by Anonymousreply 48February 17, 2020 4:59 PM

R48, I'm guessing she was too busy escaping to grab her phone - she was clearly over 30.

by Anonymousreply 49February 17, 2020 5:01 PM

I have a couple of the posters, above, on block, so forgive me if this is a duplicate.

And if not, "Amie Harwick, COME ON DOWNNNNNNN . . ."

by Anonymousreply 50February 17, 2020 5:03 PM

I'm curious to know. Am I on ignore, R50?

by Anonymousreply 51February 17, 2020 5:05 PM

R50, it has NOT been done and I’m pissed I didn’t come up with it!

by Anonymousreply 52February 17, 2020 5:19 PM

Dr. Amie Harwick... come on down!

by Anonymousreply 53February 17, 2020 5:46 PM

I bet Drew did it.

by Anonymousreply 54February 17, 2020 9:58 PM

Drew is devastated.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55February 18, 2020 12:05 AM

Too bad they're not still making "Columbo" or "Murder, She Wrote" -- this would've made a great script. Can "SVU" move it to New York?

by Anonymousreply 56February 18, 2020 3:15 AM

I am adding Dr. Amie Harwick to my list of imaginary physicians.

Yes, Dr. Amy Bishop is there boom boom Boom and Dr. Amy Sedaris as well - Crafting-related honorific for her.

by Anonymousreply 57February 18, 2020 3:52 AM

the doctorate as a title originally had nothing whatsoever to do with being a "medic".

and this was true until the 1800s.

by Anonymousreply 58February 18, 2020 4:02 AM

Women are terrorized even in their own homes. I can’t get past how sad this is. She got a restraining order against him and within days of it being lifted, this happens. Fucking disturbing.

by Anonymousreply 59February 18, 2020 4:12 AM

Carey is a Libertarian, FWIW. There's an odd listing for Sen. Warren. At first, I thought he'd donated to her, but the amount is listed as -$100. I have no idea what that means.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60February 18, 2020 4:30 AM

Ahhh, so she wouldn't sign the prenup so he dumped her.

by Anonymousreply 61February 18, 2020 4:51 AM

Drew Carey?? Eww

by Anonymousreply 62February 18, 2020 5:12 AM

R62, he has molded himself into a Midwesterner’s idea of middle-class attractive. He was fuckable at a few different weights.

by Anonymousreply 63February 18, 2020 5:24 AM

Gareth Pursehouse was a liberal Trump hater and I agree with a lot of his Tweets. His last Twitter post was on Saturday. He must have really snapped. Too bad - two lives ruined.

by Anonymousreply 64February 18, 2020 5:39 AM

[quote]The fuck? She had a PhD, she was a doctor. Who are you and the 7 morons who think only medical doctors should be called "doctor"?

If you were on a plane having a heart attack, and they announced over the intercom, "is there a doctor on board?", would you want a sex therapist to come to your aid?

by Anonymousreply 65February 18, 2020 6:30 AM

Dr. Maya Angelou saved my life.

by Anonymousreply 66February 18, 2020 6:53 AM

No, R51. I still like you. Not blocked.

And thanks for the compliment, R52.

R53, on the other hand - WTF? Can'tcha READ?!

by Anonymousreply 67February 18, 2020 7:25 AM

No, R65, but I would be terrified if Gene Simmons showed up.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68February 18, 2020 11:00 AM

Any nudes of the murderer?

by Anonymousreply 69February 18, 2020 11:20 AM

R60, perhaps the money was returned by the campaign? In any case... Gary Johnson? Ewwww.

by Anonymousreply 70February 18, 2020 11:59 AM

[quote]If you were on a plane having a heart attack, and they announced over the intercom, "is there a doctor on board?", would you want a sex therapist to come to your aid?

If s/he knows CPR, why not?

by Anonymousreply 71February 18, 2020 1:08 PM

R71, you were told to take a seat. Next time, it's the Principal's office.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72February 18, 2020 1:16 PM

Mom always said don't overbid.

by Anonymousreply 73February 18, 2020 1:36 PM

Another case of “physician, heal thyself”.

Way back in the 70s my mother had a therapist who committed suicide. Wow, I haven’t thought about that in a loooong time.

by Anonymousreply 74February 18, 2020 2:26 PM

Her “roommate” is referred to as “he”.

by Anonymousreply 75February 18, 2020 2:27 PM

R74, what are you talking about?

She didn’t off herself. She was “offed.”

by Anonymousreply 76February 18, 2020 4:32 PM

R53

[quote]Dr. Amie Harwick... come on down!

That's hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 77February 18, 2020 8:40 PM

She should have been seeing a licensed, competent Drew!

by Anonymousreply 78February 18, 2020 9:06 PM

The murderer guy just "bonded out of jail." Since when do (alleged) murders get to bond out??

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 79February 19, 2020 2:22 PM

R79, I wondered about that, too. Very strange. He was posting to SM after the “murder” as if nothing had happened.

There is a lot of weird shit about this case. Supposedly they dated in 2011, and then a chance meeting recently sparked a renewed obsession with her. So obsessed he got into her house and threw her off a balcony? What?!

The roommate was referred to as a “he” in one article I saw, but carefully referred to as “they” in another.

I don’t know what happened, but it’s not adding up.

by Anonymousreply 80February 19, 2020 3:03 PM

Maybe the cowardly roommate did it!

by Anonymousreply 81February 19, 2020 3:08 PM

R76, someone who counsels people about their problems often has the worst problems of all. You might expect someone with her knowledge and expertise would be able to weed out the psychos and deal with them.

by Anonymousreply 82February 19, 2020 3:10 PM

God he is o hot. I would let him cum in my manhole for days. That Dita Van Teese lookalike wrongly led him on. I don't be;ieve he killed her.......he was too hot to kill anyone.

by Anonymousreply 83February 19, 2020 3:19 PM

R81, you might be joking but I think it’s a real possibility.

by Anonymousreply 84February 19, 2020 3:49 PM

Marc Cota-Robles @abc7marccr · 27m

Defendant was rearrested just blocks from LAX; this time on a felony no bail warrant. | DETAILS on

@ABC7

by Anonymousreply 85February 20, 2020 12:48 PM

R85, oh shit! Thanks for the update. I’m super interested in this case. Guess I’ll have to wait for a trial if Gareth doesn’t off himself first.

by Anonymousreply 86February 20, 2020 1:29 PM

I like that he is still the father figure to his other ex-fiance's [Nicole Jaracz] son - Conner. He had him on TPIR one day and called him "my son".....the kid wore glasses like Drew....and as he left, Drew made a little kicking motion toward him.....

I also like how the staff always chooses hunky guys or military guys twice or more each day and how Drew chats them up every time.....

by Anonymousreply 87February 20, 2020 2:48 PM

It sounds like these people were in a sleazy party scene. Kind of reminds me of that girl who was murdered right before her date with Ashton Kutcher. It sounds like a bunch of shallow people who used each other.

by Anonymousreply 88February 20, 2020 7:58 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!