Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Barry Livingston on working with William Frawley on My Three Sons

Frawley was a foul-mouthed drunk, and the Livingston brothers were charged with making sure he got back to the set after “lunch.”

Despite this, Livingston seems to have had a lot of affection for him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10February 17, 2020 3:10 AM

Is that Chip or Ernie?

by Anonymousreply 1February 17, 2020 1:33 AM

"Hey Bill! Did you know Vivian Vance is coming through here? We heard she wants to talk to you about joining Alcoholics Anonymous together!"

THAT'S how you get Bill Frawley to go back to the set.

by Anonymousreply 2February 17, 2020 1:37 AM

That archive is a treasure trove, if you're not careful you can get lost in there for hours

by Anonymousreply 3February 17, 2020 1:42 AM

Did Barry have sufficient?

by Anonymousreply 4February 17, 2020 1:43 AM

R1, Barry played Ernie.

by Anonymousreply 5February 17, 2020 1:48 AM

Barry is looking good these days.

by Anonymousreply 6February 17, 2020 1:52 AM

I did not recognize Frawley then I realized I started watching when William Demarest took over the role

by Anonymousreply 7February 17, 2020 1:54 AM

Hes had a hell of a career . I was rather surprised ,you just assume a child actor from the 60s career has been long dead . I remember as a baby gay thinking "hes cuter without glasses!" .

by Anonymousreply 8February 17, 2020 2:09 AM

William Frawley was let go from My Three Sons after his 5 year contract was up - they had been having too many problems with him including his drinking.

He kept on coming back to the set to watch the others film his former show until the producers had had enough and told him to go home and not come back again.

by Anonymousreply 9February 17, 2020 3:00 AM

Barry is looking good.

by Anonymousreply 10February 17, 2020 3:10 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!