Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Inside Courtney Love's closet

All that chainsmoking around those vintage clothes—yikes! I guess it wouldn't be hers without it though. I was impressed by how knowledgable she was to be honest.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59February 19, 2020 1:03 AM

Sorry to be superficial, but fuck...her face looks amazing. And all that thick hair. Her hands also look like those of a 30 year old.

She's one of those Euro-American mutts with ultimate survival genes for which telemeres always stay maximally extended no matter what they do.

by Anonymousreply 1February 16, 2020 9:34 PM

That was a little longer than I can take her, but I remain surprised and pleased that she is still in the world.

by Anonymousreply 2February 16, 2020 9:51 PM

r1 The video was from 2011. She has aged considerably since then.

by Anonymousreply 3February 16, 2020 9:57 PM

I like her.

by Anonymousreply 4February 16, 2020 10:03 PM

She has definitely aged since this video R3, but I don't know—this was taken last month, and she still looks really good, all things considered. She's had a lot of work done to her face over the years, to the point that she was nearly unrecognizable in the mid-late 2000s, but it appears she's had a lot of that stuff undone.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5February 16, 2020 10:23 PM

R5 You do realize that celebs use filters on their Instagram photos to make them look younger, don’t you?

by Anonymousreply 6February 16, 2020 10:29 PM

She looks like hell. And that stands to reason. All those years of drug addiction, all that awful plastic surgery....and she never was good looking to being with. And just what the fuck does "one of those Euro-American mutts with ultimate survival genes for which telemeres always stay maximally extended no matter what they do" mean, anyway?

by Anonymousreply 7February 16, 2020 10:34 PM

No shit, R6? There is also a thing called makeup. This picture was taken days ago by a Getty photographer, and she looks the same. For an ex-heroin addict/crackhead/chainsmoker pushing 60, she doesn't look that bad.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8February 16, 2020 11:28 PM

Courtney posted a Valentine's Day message to Madge on Instagram. How sweet. GTO.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9February 16, 2020 11:36 PM

R9 That’s really kind of creepy that she would randomly post that on Valentines Day. They aren’t even friends.

by Anonymousreply 10February 16, 2020 11:41 PM

Aww that was sweet of her. Madonna probably had no idea to respond.

by Anonymousreply 11February 16, 2020 11:46 PM

She's a hoarder. Keeps everything including trash. Cousin has a friend that's been in her house. It's gross.

by Anonymousreply 12February 16, 2020 11:49 PM

R10, Courtney is really obsessed with Madonna and yet seems to hate her at the same time. I don't get it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13February 17, 2020 12:14 AM

Ive always enjoyed Courtney ,who doesnt love a good train wreck ? I bet you she will be one of those 98 year old bitches who's been terminal for 20 years, still smoking 2 packs a day .

by Anonymousreply 14February 17, 2020 12:17 AM

Isn’t she sober now? Anyhow, I think she’s a very bright gal. I understand the love of vintage. Once you go vintage, it’s difficult to go back, because of the quality, cut, and materials. No way are you walking into BeBe and finding something as well made or cut, or even constructed, as a well made, well preserved vintage piece. And the reason you end up with so many pieces, of this is your thing, is because there’s only one of it, not 10 identical ones, hanging on a rack, in various sizes.

Any, she seems cool to me. I sat down nrxt to her at a meeting once. Actually, she sat next to me. The first thing she said, was “Hi! Hey, do you have any Valium?” I believe she asked for Valium. It could have been some other pill, but definitely a sedative or pain pill, and I looked at her and said, “Nope. I’m sober. Are you sober? Or nah?”

She got up and walked out of the meeting. I was low key cracking up, because she totally reminded me of me. Waste no time. Ask for what you want. Don’t get it? Get up and move on, quickly. The night is young, Bitches.

by Anonymousreply 15February 17, 2020 1:20 AM

"Aww that was sweet of her. Madonna probably had no idea to respond."

Madonna does not know (or care) that Courtney Love is even alive, much less be inclined to "respond" to her Valentine's Day greeting. It's bizarre that Courtney Love sent her one (she and Madonna have never been friends) but then everything Courtney Love does is bizarre.

by Anonymousreply 16February 17, 2020 1:43 AM

Who cares, R16? Madonna’s probably sitting in her townhouse, drunk AF, snapping selfies for the ‘gram.

She should be happy someone remembered her ass on V-Day.

by Anonymousreply 17February 17, 2020 1:49 AM

"She should be happy someone remembered her ass on V-Day."

I'm sure there are those who "remembered her ass on V-Day." She doesn't need any shit from Courtney Love, who was just trying to draw attention to herself, anyway.

by Anonymousreply 18February 17, 2020 2:12 AM

I think Courtney, now sober, sees that Madonna is struggling and Madonna never had the brains or humor to fall back on, the way Love always has. I do think that as much as someone like CLove can reach any sort of peace, she has and is trying to extend that to someone she admires and with whom she has a select set of shared experiences that few do.

Personally, I never thought Madonna was going to wind up an unprofessional, out of shape, drunken, junkie trainwreck with Jocelyn Wildenstein’s face. I can’t believe what she’s done to herself, on basically every level.

by Anonymousreply 19February 17, 2020 2:20 AM

I bet it smelled really good in there.

by Anonymousreply 20February 17, 2020 2:23 AM

"I think Courtney, now sober, sees that Madonna is struggling and Madonna never had the brains or humor to fall back on, the way Love always has. I do think that as much as someone like CLove can reach any sort of peace, she has and is trying to extend that to someone she admires and with whom she has a select set of shared experiences that few do."

Courtney Love "now sober?" Ha ha ha! Courtney Love "always has brains and humor to fall back on?" HAHAHA! Courtney Love has "peace" and is "trying to extend that" to Madonna? HAHAHAHAHAHA!

by Anonymousreply 21February 17, 2020 3:09 AM

Courtney announced the other day when receiving an NME award that she was 18 months sober. She relapsed on pills when she was being "managed" by Sam Lutfi. I don't think that's something she'd publicly announce unless it were true. And she is far more intelligent and well-read than Madonna, whether you want to admit it or not. She doesn't take herself so seriously either.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22February 17, 2020 3:36 AM

." I don't think that's something she'd publicly announce unless it were true. And she is far more intelligent and well-read than Madonna, whether you want to admit it or not.."

Courtney Love is a pathological liar. And I"ve never seen any indication of any great intelligence on Courtney Love's part. I doubt she's ever read a book in her life.

by Anonymousreply 23February 17, 2020 3:41 AM

[quote]And she is far more intelligent and well-read than Madonna, whether you want to admit it or not

Madonna collects art and is known to be a bookworm.

by Anonymousreply 24February 17, 2020 3:46 AM

[quote]Courtney announced the other day when receiving an NME award that she was 18 months sober.

And there you have it. She’s always falling off the wagon and then having to start all over. If you’re in your mid-50’s still relapsing, you are going to struggle the rest of your life.

by Anonymousreply 25February 17, 2020 3:46 AM

So what, r25? At least she keeps trying. Maybe one day it will stick, maybe it won’t, but she keeps giving it a go.

by Anonymousreply 26February 17, 2020 4:00 AM

Courtney is smart. You can tell when she does interviews. Her intelligence shines through between the incidents of namedropping obsessively, lying pathologically, and trying to start/advance feuds. I think she's a narcissist. Her story arc parallels that of Meghan Markle.

by Anonymousreply 27February 17, 2020 4:13 AM

Courtney Love is smarter than Madonna? That must be why she has basically squandered all the opportunities she got after Live Through this. Remember how she was going to be this great actress/star after Larry Flint? And wasn't she supposed to be THE rocker chick after Live Through This?

by Anonymousreply 28February 17, 2020 12:28 PM

I think Courtney presents herself as smarter than Madonna, however, unless they both take JQ tests and submit the results to us, we haven’t a clue.

And for the assholes giving her shit for relapsing and getting 18 months, fuck off.

Court, let’s hit a meeting gurl. I ain’t got any pills, or 18 month chips, but I’ve got hugs, and... more sober time than you.

LOL! Sorry. I had to.

by Anonymousreply 29February 17, 2020 4:28 PM

It is interesting that Courtney has done far more damage to her body, and yet looks better than Madonna on any given day. She goes to a good plastic surgeon, or just can't afford to go all the time like Madonna.

by Anonymousreply 30February 17, 2020 7:31 PM

I dislike Madonna but I concede that she is WAY smarter than Courtney Love. And Courtney Love sure as fuck does not look "better than Madonna on any given day." They're both hags who have had too much plastic surgery.

by Anonymousreply 31February 17, 2020 8:25 PM

Madonna only appears smarter than Courtney because she's more composed and linear in her thinking. Madonna definitely is more business-smart and more disciplined than Courtney, but Courtney is more classically educated—or at least she was, in stints. She studied theology at Trinity College in Dublin for a time (but of course dropped out). If you listen to her talk, through all the namedropping and tangents, Courtney's knowledge of world history and pop culture is surprisingly expansive. The biggest difference between the two is that, if you dropped them in a roomful of cultured, educated, and intelligent people, Courtney would be engaging with them, while Madonna would be sitting poised and silent in a corner, contemplating how much better she is than everybody.

by Anonymousreply 32February 17, 2020 9:33 PM

r32, Madonna has never appeared smarter than CLove. Actually, few celebrities seem smarter than CLove. Obviously, I'm not talking about wise life choices, but innate intelligence and intentionally acquired knowledge about things other than beach vacation spots.

by Anonymousreply 33February 17, 2020 10:06 PM

R33 I agree with you, but I think that, if you were to ask the general public, most people would instinctively tell you that Madonna is "smarter" based simply on her life choices—Courtney is always slagged off as a junkie/whore, which most people (wrongly) associate with a lack of intelligence. I think that, for most people, Madonna "appears smarter" than Courtney because most people confuse discipline with intellect.

by Anonymousreply 34February 17, 2020 10:10 PM

I’ll vouch for the junkie whore assumptions.

You wanna know which one has more common sense, despite the discipline issues? Courtney.

No matter how many relapses or failure Courtney has experienced, she attempts to get her shit together.

Here’s another thing. Genuinely bright people don’t think they’re better than others. They engage anyone and everyone, because they genuinely enjoy LEARNING new things, ideas, cultural nuances, personal stories told by various and different individuals, etc. They don’t sit in any room, regardless of who’s in the room, and judge others. That doesn’t mean that they don’t come to conclusions, or theorize, or wonder, it means they ask, and listen, and read, pretty much anything.

Here’s another thing, smart people may enjoy wearing whatever they want, doing their makeup, hair, etc., but they rarely walk into a room and feel better than others, or less than others, because they understand that their value resides in their attributes, their mind, their way of engaging, and being authentic, and they assume that it’s that way for others, as well, unless shown otherwise, undeniably so. They might be messy, non-organized, drive an old beater, whatever. It doesn’t matter, because those things, are utilized as THINGS, rather than value ascribed to discipline or to material possessions. They seek out people they are challenged by, or in tune with, but they rarely ever seek out people for what they can get by association, or whatever, because they usually have a perception of having everything they need, inside of themselves.

Now granted, I don’t know either of these broads personally, and have only interacted with one of them once, as I wrote upthread, however, Courtney appears to take herself less seriously than Madonna, and also appears to have enough common sense and self awareness, as well as enough humility, to fuck up, and try again. That’s why she relapses, and gets back on the wagon, because she realizes that failing isn’t a bad thing. It’s just a circumstance, and circumstances are malleable, and change.

I just wanted to bring this up. Because to me, Madonna appears to have an issue with perceiving herself as uniquely, unique. And honey, guess what? No one’s unique enough to not be human.

That is all.

by Anonymousreply 35February 17, 2020 11:16 PM

"Actually, few celebrities seem smarter than CLove."

How do you figure THAT? Courtney Love has always behaved as though she has the brains of a flea.

by Anonymousreply 36February 17, 2020 11:33 PM

Courtney L sits at the Chateau Marmont with nobody to talk to and so she posts on DL

by Anonymousreply 37February 17, 2020 11:49 PM

She's a fucking sociopath who had her own husband killed. Fuck her.

by Anonymousreply 38February 17, 2020 11:56 PM

R38 = a true, original thinker

by Anonymousreply 39February 17, 2020 11:57 PM

Oh, and Madonna doesn’t, R37?

Post on DL, that is.

LMAO.

by Anonymousreply 40February 18, 2020 12:07 AM

Madonna doesn't drink. It's probably why she's so fucking boring.

by Anonymousreply 41February 18, 2020 12:11 AM

I bet Courtney could score 200 points higher than Madonna on the SAT test.

by Anonymousreply 42February 18, 2020 12:17 AM

R42, I haven’t a clue if Madonna drinks, but just via observation, Madonna acts like she gets looped on something. Pills, booze, maybe even some alternative “stuff”. Could even be a food allergen, or environmental, however, if I had to guess, I’d say things appear to be “different” for Madonna, in very specific ways. We’re not talking about aging, or clothing choices, either.

Btw, this isn’t a bad thing. It’s actually really common. People get lonely. They become isolated. They become depressed. Self medicating is an old, true and tried tradition, so no judgement. I am, however, sharing my perceptions based on sheer observations.

What I say means nothing to no one but me, and even I discard the useless stuff I ponder upon, pretty quickly.

by Anonymousreply 43February 18, 2020 12:21 AM

Madonna is the type who would likely benefit from marijuana. She's a Type A who needs to relax once in awhile.

by Anonymousreply 44February 18, 2020 12:23 AM

She’d also probably benefit from finding herself a smart dude, who understands her, and genuinely likes her, who’s a little closer to her age, too.

Stop with the 20-somethings. Have some standards, and get yourself an grown ass man who isn’t going to kiss your ass, unless you ask really nicely,

JFC. The young guy fetish is SOOO freakin’ embarrassing.

Everyone needs company. It’s arrogant and dishonest to deny it, and to believe that being alone is preferable, is OK, but lonely. Lonely people lose perspective. They self medicate. They become depressed. Hanging out with kids is for parents, teachers, and the like. Friends come in all ages, but lovers? Personally, I cannot see myself doing “youngsters” again. I grew up. I want better, better for me, and more. If she’s as intelligent as “some” claim, so does she.

by Anonymousreply 45February 18, 2020 12:36 AM

[quote]She’d also probably benefit from finding herself a smart dude, who understands her, and genuinely likes her, who’s a little closer to her age, too.

That is not going to happen. The men she married were closer to her age, and they tried to control her and domesticate her, expecting her to sit at home, take care of the manor, and be a dutiful wife. That is not who she is, and she finally realized that with Guy. So she chooses young men to have fun who aren't about to put her in her place.

by Anonymousreply 46February 18, 2020 12:54 AM

No it's not original, but it just happens to be true R39

by Anonymousreply 47February 18, 2020 1:32 AM

R42, no, Madonna was very book smart. Her siblings attested to being jealous of her because she wouldn't have to study and she would naturally just get good grades. And Madonna used to never drink but then she met Guy Richie.

by Anonymousreply 48February 18, 2020 3:26 AM

Courtney may be more intelligent, and like some extremely intelligent people, have a mild personality disorder and self medicates, but Madonna is definitely canny- she's always been a smart business woman, even with her failed Maverick label and skincare line.

by Anonymousreply 49February 18, 2020 4:10 PM

Do we know what’s in Madonna’s closet?

Anyhow, both women are cool for different reasons. It’s not a competition. It’s life, and we’re all living it, together.

by Anonymousreply 50February 18, 2020 4:31 PM

Courtney is pissed this devolved into a Madonna thread.

by Anonymousreply 51February 18, 2020 4:34 PM

[quote]For an ex-heroin addict/crackhead/chainsmoker pushing 60, she doesn't look that bad.

She doesn't look like herself, and her skin is getting that weird bumpy thing that Madonna's skin has, after too many surgeries and injections. Happens to a lot of people who overdo it.

It doesn't feel like the "omg she looks soooo amazing" comments here are genuine, it feels like fans working the crowd. She looks like a rich woman who has had a lot of work.

by Anonymousreply 52February 18, 2020 4:51 PM

[quote]You wanna know which one has more common sense, despite the discipline issues? Courtney. ... Here’s another thing. Genuinely bright people don’t think they’re better than others.

Courtney contacted numerous universities in the mid 1990s to try to get students banned from the internet because they said things about her on AOL and Prodigy and Usenet that she didn't like. I read the letter she sent to our uni, and she said multiple times that she was smarter and more important than anyone at our university so she should be deferred to.

She didn't stop until her antics made the news, Spin Magazine if I recall.

Actually, I should say that it was difficult to decipher some of it because it was gibberish.

by Anonymousreply 53February 18, 2020 4:57 PM

Murderess

by Anonymousreply 54February 18, 2020 5:40 PM

People, places, and things, Courtney. Can’t control ‘em. That means DL, too.

by Anonymousreply 55February 18, 2020 6:52 PM

I'm ambivalent about Courtney, though I do give her props merely for living so long, if the stories about her substance abuse are accurate. Anyway--

I'm fascinated that she's almost never changed or updated her iconic look. Despite lots and lots of cosmetic surgery and a fortune spent on couture, she still embodies the cheap and slatternly bottle-blonde punk rock girl of 40-50 years ago. She makes Prada and Poiret look like thrift store, and that's not necessarily a bad thing. It's certainly consistent.

by Anonymousreply 56February 18, 2020 7:15 PM

[quote] Courtney contacted numerous universities in the mid 1990s to try to get students banned from the internet because they said things about her on AOL and Prodigy and Usenet that she didn't like.

What a fucking nut. Madonna takes herself seriously but she has never threatened university students. That's just fucking pathetic.

by Anonymousreply 57February 18, 2020 10:50 PM

50 years ago is really stretching it.

by Anonymousreply 58February 18, 2020 11:30 PM

You salty sex starved Bitches are just jelly Madonna can still ride the young untamed unschooled cock! Courtney could never enjoy cocks as Madonna does! Courtney balls her prescriptions. She gets fucked by drugs. Madonna likes sex. Courtney wants to go to sleep. Hard to enjoy cock while ranting or nodding.

by Anonymousreply 59February 19, 2020 1:03 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!