Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

"gurl, NO!" says old New York lady re fancy pantsy pricey pricey 55-story skyscraper on Amsterdam and 69th.

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29February 18, 2020 11:22 AM

So dumb. There is a shortage of housing and you do this. No wonder the rents keep going up and up. Same thing in SF.

by Anonymousreply 1February 16, 2020 6:05 PM

Exactly R1, I have great difficulty finding acceptable digs for myself when I am in the city. Appalling thing, not having a big selection of things to purchase, and I am not even there half the time! No one is looking out for the people paying the bills here or in LA where my main residence is, or Seattle where my little place is.

by Anonymousreply 2February 16, 2020 6:12 PM

Rich white people crying about nonsense.

by Anonymousreply 3February 16, 2020 6:18 PM

I’m impressed. Woman is probably a pain the ass - but I love to see little people win against the super rich corporations. The issue is not the need for housing - the issue is the law should be changed to allow for it and money should not buy GE right to do whatever you want regardless of the law.

by Anonymousreply 4February 16, 2020 6:28 PM

[quote]There is a shortage of housing

There is a shortage of affordable housing. This project does not solve that.

There seem to be more than enough $10-million properties. This project was not needed.

by Anonymousreply 5February 16, 2020 6:31 PM

Too much is not enough.

by Anonymousreply 6February 16, 2020 6:36 PM

A shortage of housing? Do you not see the many empty buildings all over?

by Anonymousreply 7February 16, 2020 6:36 PM

This was not a HUD project, R1

by Anonymousreply 8February 16, 2020 6:51 PM

Indulge my crazy, kooky, far-out thoughts for a moment! What if the builders had obeyed the zoning regulations BEFORE they were told to remove 20 floors. Wouldn't that have been more cost-effective? Or am I just CRAZY?!?

by Anonymousreply 9February 16, 2020 7:23 PM

Even though this is luxury housing, the courts being insane in NY does increase the cost of housing for everyone.

by Anonymousreply 10February 16, 2020 7:25 PM

I live next To this monstrosity. Plenty of housing in nyc. These buildings Ruin the skyline and cast huge shadows. The building literally walled in the building next Door so every apartment facing south lost their windows

by Anonymousreply 11February 16, 2020 7:31 PM

The cities are ruined. I say we let the rich totally take over, because then there will be a new underclass... the poor of the rich. And then they will all start hating on each other and then they will know how the 99% lives.

by Anonymousreply 12February 16, 2020 7:33 PM

[quote]The building literally walled in the building next Door so every apartment facing south lost their windows

I don't know how it was allowed.

by Anonymousreply 13February 16, 2020 7:36 PM

They will throw cash around and finish. They will never taken down what they started.

by Anonymousreply 14February 16, 2020 10:02 PM

I agree R14.

by Anonymousreply 15February 16, 2020 11:33 PM

Soylent Green is people. But the apartments in the sky are fabulous.

by Anonymousreply 16February 18, 2020 12:39 AM

Ridiculous!! That’s 20 floors of luxury apartments the Russian and Chinese oligarchs can’t use to launder money and leave uninhabited!! SAD!!

by Anonymousreply 17February 18, 2020 12:46 AM

Send the 20 floors to Toronto, where developers can do whatever they want wherever they want whenever they want.

by Anonymousreply 18February 18, 2020 12:49 AM

In other words, they're fucking up Toronto, R18.

by Anonymousreply 19February 18, 2020 12:50 AM

Why does every piece of shit foreign scumbag want to live in the US or London? I wish they'd find somewhere else.

by Anonymousreply 20February 18, 2020 1:11 AM

[quote]Why does every piece of shit foreign scumbag want to live in the US

It's not like they're moving to Des Moines or St. Paul.

by Anonymousreply 21February 18, 2020 1:13 AM

[quote]Why does every piece of shit foreign scumbag want to live in the US or London? I wish they'd find somewhere else.

Because the English language...which most people can speak.

Australia is also high on their lists.

by Anonymousreply 22February 18, 2020 1:16 AM

I wish they could all fuck off to Rio. In fact, Brazil deserves them.

by Anonymousreply 23February 18, 2020 1:24 AM

This is great. I love it. If you are a working class person in Queens or the Bronx, and the house you’re building is so much as a foot out of code you will pay dearly. The buildings department will come down on you without mercy. Stop work orders, penalties and fines that result in projects never being finished. Meanwhile the wealthy usually just grease the right palms and their problems go away and they never have to fix their violations. People are getting really tired of this...

by Anonymousreply 24February 18, 2020 1:25 AM

I am full-on four-square for this. They used a gerrymandered collection of "air rights" that practically spelled out EAT AT JOE'S to foist an appallingly designed supercondo on the West Side.

Extell was the developer and they are a pack of evil cunts. I hope Gary fucking cunting cocksucking Barnett has a fucking stroke over this. Affordable housing? Not from these shit stains.

by Anonymousreply 25February 18, 2020 1:36 AM

[quote] The building literally walled in the building next Door so every apartment facing south lost their windows

Isn’t this just how it goes? The plots were Intended for adjacent buildings,right? Those south facing windows were just a bonus the other building got on a temporary basis.

by Anonymousreply 26February 18, 2020 3:57 AM

If I am correct, you cannot categorically remove a light/air/access source from a finished residential building these days. It's a safety and health violation.

by Anonymousreply 27February 18, 2020 10:07 AM

If they are super rich, they are not "moving to London and New York" they are investing and laundering money. The merely rich however are looking for ways their children can immigrate so sending them to English and American universities and buying them starter apartments.

by Anonymousreply 28February 18, 2020 11:15 AM

I worked for 10 years with the billionaires of the Middle East and North Africa. Many do not really live abroad but they have properties in London, Paris, Geneva, French countryside, South of France, Spain, Turkey, Dubai, Beirut plus multiple jumbo jets and a super yacht or two. The kids are gypsies for 20 years until they have get married and have families. If they get a super rich as daddy, they start buying all over and the cycle repeats.

by Anonymousreply 29February 18, 2020 11:22 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!